Jimmy Farris - Welcome Back

Just got off the phone with Jimmy, a WR who was with the Redskins during parts of the last few seasons and was one of the final cuts from the team in 2006. The Skins called him tonight after Brandon Lloyd suffered broke his shoulder in practice. Jimmy says he has agreed to terms and was boarding a plane to DC as we spoke (I could hear the inane pre-flight jibberish from the flight attendant and everything).

Anyway, he says it's a done deal. Just has to pass his physical and sign the contract tomorrow. It's about 99 percent obvious that the team will put Lloyd on IR when Farris signs, although the team does not have to make that final decision until Thursday (could always cut someone else I suppose, though this seems like an all-time lock).

Farris is well liked by the guys here, got a good look in the 2005 regular season and was with Jacksonville this preseason. He smart with good hands - though not gifted with a whole lot else - and the kind of over-achiever you kinda always end up rooting for. In a weird aside, he is also pretty right with TO, both live in Atlanta (he played with him in San Fran where they became close) and when TO had that whole crazy suicide thing a few years back, Jimmy was actually at the house in Dallas and says it was in no way a suicide at all (remind me to post some stuff on that later in the week). So he';ll get to catch up with his buddy this weekend with the Skins facing the Cowboys.

Anyway, the dude is pumped to be here and he know the system well. Says he could play this Sunday and hopes to do just that, which makes him a go-to guy in the pinch for the Skins, since very few other WRs could do that.

"That was one of the reasons why I always thought I'd have a chance to get back to Washington," Farris said. "I'll come in tomorrow and brush up on some things and I'll be ready to play in this offense on Sunday. The system is the same and that's kind of been my calling card most of my career. I've always been able to process that stuff pretty quickly. I'm really excited to be honest with you to get back in an offense that I know and like and to be familiar with the players. It's very exciting."

As for Lloyd, this has to be the end. Can't see him getting that June roster bonus and can't see them having any desire to bring him back next year. Take the cap hit and move on. Where have we heard that before?

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 14, 2007; 9:53 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lloyd Update
Next: Lloyd On IR; Farris Signed

Comments

Firsties!!

GOOD RIDDANCE to BAD RUBBISH!!!

Posted by: davidlavigne | November 14, 2007 10:12 PM | Report abuse

First!?

Seriously feel bad for Mike Espy though since they will probably try to bring in another bunch of overpaid and past their prime WRs next year.

Posted by: tkozikow | November 14, 2007 10:14 PM | Report abuse

so, mccardell on go routes?

Posted by: mpines61 | November 14, 2007 10:19 PM | Report abuse

***from last post, Jasno burns me again***

Does someone have any positive things to say about this weekend's game? I fear the onslaught of Cowboys fans on Monday...

Posted by: PDiddy | November 14, 2007 09:47 PM

Diddy, here you go. This is my theory.

With Floyd's injury, the likelihood of a Skins win has actually passed through a portal, into the anti-matter of impossibility, meaning that it has now become too impossible to not happen.

The ramifications of a Boys loss in this scenario on my life would be so devastating, that it can't not happen. But the good part is, if the Skins win, I'll actually be able to throw it in all your faces. That is indeed a sad state of affairs.

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 14, 2007 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Damn, I killed the blog. Even JM220 doesn't know who to smack on that one.

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 14, 2007 10:55 PM | Report abuse

"He's smart with good hands - though not gifted with a whole lot else -"

Yep, another super smart guy that runs a 4.8 forty. Perfect.

Posted by: X_1967 | November 14, 2007 11:04 PM | Report abuse

So is the poor man's James Thrash any better than Receiver, The...I hope this Farris signing works out but he's never been able to stick with the team for too long.

Posted by: david | November 14, 2007 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Um, I guess I'm glad there was someone available on the street to fill out the receiving corpse for Sunday, but Jimmy Farris is under the impression has a "calling card" and a "career"?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 14, 2007 11:35 PM | Report abuse

Bueller? Bueller?

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 14, 2007 11:37 PM | Report abuse

My Dad's car has a bumper sticker on it that says my child is an honor student at Redskins Insider.

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 14, 2007 11:39 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I realize it was preseason, and that September 2005 was excruciatingly long ago in football time, but Jimmy Farris is already in that hallowed group of dudes who have caught TD passes from Mock Brunell and Jason Campbell! Awesome!!!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 14, 2007 11:39 PM | Report abuse

Want to get somthing cleared up from last update on injurys and then reading all the usual whiners spin the truth.Even with all players healthy 1st game of season the skins needed Overtime to beat a still 9 weeks later 0 win team.That should have been a red flag but not in the kool-aide drinking capitol of the NFL.

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 14, 2007 11:41 PM | Report abuse

I sort of wish I still lived in Ashburn so I could run over to Loudoun County Parkway and hoist up a ginormous handpainted "Welcome Back Jimmy!" sign on the W&OD bridge. Even if the sign didn't quite convey the intended sarcasm, that would rule.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 14, 2007 11:41 PM | Report abuse

Okay, booredskinfanhoo, I'll take the bait.

Dude, if you think there wasn't a huge amount of doubt that crept in among Redskin fans after that miserable and needlessly close near-miss of an opener against the Fins, you weren't reading the blog the following week.

Yep, we all acknowledged that it was an ugly game and it never should have gone to OT, but you know what? We got the W, and then we won another close one in Philly, and it started to look like we might be the kind of team that could win ugly. Since then, as you may have read, the team has gone 3-4 and proven its ability to lose ugly as well.

So anyway, what was your point?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 14, 2007 11:46 PM | Report abuse

ur sooo right boringskinsfanwho....

what idiot skins fans who were excited about a win on opening day after a 5 win season and the first game that counted in 6 months, didnt they know the fins were already 0-9!!!! what kool aid fiends fans who enjoy football and their team....morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chrislarry | November 14, 2007 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Rosie Odonnell could come in and be WR and all the kool-aide drinkers would come out of the refrigerators and spin the slobber all over the blog about how good she is.50 yr old McCardell Caldwell,and really does it matter when you have a QB who doesnt throw his 1st TD to a WR till game 9? Hellooooooo earth to retarded skin fans you cant spin that you morons.

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 14, 2007 11:48 PM | Report abuse

People are doing pretty cool stuff with plastic cup chain link fence art these days. Check out the the bottom of this page. And then check out the top part if you are a nerd.

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 14, 2007 11:50 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry king moron
0-2
0-3
0-4
0-5
0-6
0-7
0-8
you still havent raised the red flag?

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 14, 2007 11:51 PM | Report abuse

I made the leap, did you?

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 14, 2007 11:52 PM | Report abuse

Can someone please explain to me what happened to Reche Caldwell? He was signed to provide depth... what is the deal? According to his stat site on espn.com it says he has played in two games and has caught 0 balls.

Is he too advanced (coming from the Patriots) to learn our 1985 offense?

Posted by: makuke5 | November 14, 2007 10:00 PM

Just wanted to repeat this since it's funny funny.

"Yep, we just need another week or two to get Reche to un-learn all that fancy stuff from up there. But he's dumbed himself down really well, he's making a lot of regress, and we have really low hopes for him. He'll be getting locked up in single coverage in no time at all, and we feel like he can maybe be super-neutralized like our other outside guys have been most of the way."

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 14, 2007 11:53 PM | Report abuse

i can't remember...is boringskinsfanhoo one of these new hairshirt wearing skinz fan, or a cowboy troll?

and this pains me, but i am finding the dallas trolls funnier, more insightful and sane than the "more realistic than you" skins fans nihlists

Posted by: chrislarry | November 14, 2007 11:54 PM | Report abuse

and a new king is crowned:

King Moron Chris LaRRY!

long live the king!

first order of buisness: banishing x1967, rigoo44, liberal mike, boringskinsfanwho to the phonenix cardinals blog!

Posted by: chrislarry | November 14, 2007 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Nate ill bite back
Using the pathetic eagles as example who are living off of reputation only really blew your credibility and yes i have read the blog since then and before and once again your wrong because theyre are certain kool-aide drinkers who would never say such things Especially 1st week of season and it is those idiots i put in theyre placebecause they attack anybody including redskin fans who say negative things about this crappy team!!

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 14, 2007 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Chrislarry
Tell the other phychiatric patients to be quiet or the guards will catch you up pass your bed time and will figure out your not taking your prozac by all that nasty stuff your posting

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 15, 2007 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Just scanned comments section of Monday's blog after game 1. Top discussions:

Grillimas not starting springs

Gibbs conservative play calling in regard to feild goals

Janso's bias/non bias

Some love for Samuels/Kendall

The validity of illegal procedure call

debating Jack (who seems pretty quaint nowadays...)

Not to much celebrating or kool aid gulping (can we pulheez retire that phrase)...

Posted by: chrislarry | November 15, 2007 12:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | November 15, 2007 12:11 AM | Report abuse

chrislarry
I just scanned same day and one thing that was obvious is you werent there King Kool-aide gulper

Posted by: chrislarrynromo | November 15, 2007 12:15 AM | Report abuse

top 5 comedic cliche cut-down techniques by unfunny posters:

1. references to middle school kids

2. lack of meds

3. gay stuff

4. kool aid drinking

5. lack of female companionship

Posted by: chrislarry | November 15, 2007 12:15 AM | Report abuse

umm....

"This is why, although I will counter punch occasionally, Janso is the BOMB...

One of the best Monday Morning H-backs...EVA!

I think he is spot on about Wade and the Springs issue....Why does Double G have to insert himself in ego ways every year?!?1

Thanks bro!

Posted by: chriS Larry | September 10, 2007 01:12 PM "

Posted by: chrislarry | November 15, 2007 12:17 AM | Report abuse

chrislarry i bet your wondering why all the patients behind you are laughing its that you described yourself with all 5 points! They say insane kool-aide drinkers do that?

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 15, 2007 12:20 AM | Report abuse

chrislarry are you offering your female companionship?

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 15, 2007 12:23 AM | Report abuse

booredskinfanhoo, did you even read what I wrote? When I said "I'll take the bait" I just meant I would try to respond in earnest to what I perceived to be your point.

Or were you going to "bite back" no matter what I wrote? Dude, keep it light, keep it funny, come on already.

I try not to take this stuff too seriously -- the football stuff or the blog stuff -- and I think that's the case for most people. But I also like to keep hope alive, just like almost all but the self-flagellating fans do. The Skins are having another up-and-down-and-down season; big surprise there. I'm still rooting for them! I'm sure you'll find a way to criticize me for that.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 15, 2007 12:23 AM | Report abuse

nate the ill bite back was meant to be funn y you uptight kool-aide drinking moron.

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 15, 2007 12:24 AM | Report abuse

hahaha you got me, zing! alright time to take my zolof with a kool aid chaser, as I diddle my cell mate in the nut farm while wondering how it all went wrong in the 7th grade!

i can't believe i have been found out...

Posted by: chrislarry | November 15, 2007 12:25 AM | Report abuse

Your lack of humor is why i critized you now and if you truly read my response you wouldnt have attacked as i did not attack you!!

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 15, 2007 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Dont worry chrislarry i got found out years ago and im still in my cell attacking redskin fans

Posted by: booredskinfanhoo | November 15, 2007 12:29 AM | Report abuse

Okay then, great work up here as usual, boohoo. Stay classy, dude. Have a nice evening pooping in the punch bowl.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 15, 2007 12:30 AM | Report abuse

ChrisLaRRY, Nate:
Didn't you know that booredskinsfanhoo is the mean-spirited reincarnation of Periculm?

Engage at your own risk...

And greetings from ANC.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | November 15, 2007 1:23 AM | Report abuse

credit to Jasno for the dictionary definition of "All Time Lock" ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 15, 2007 3:39 AM | Report abuse

Re-living the blog from week one.

How cool is that.

I have a bad feeling that we are going to turn into the 1999 skins in the next couple of weeks.

"despite it all I still believe Lloyd-kind is
good"

Ann Redskin

"despite it all I still believe RI-kind is
good"

Ann Redskin

Posted by: mul | November 15, 2007 4:37 AM | Report abuse

Its time to rebuild,Clean house from top to bottom.Cowboys are clearly the best and any team we put on the field will get theyre butts kicked,So lets rebuild now and dump all injury prone players NOW!

Posted by: jm220luvscowboys | November 15, 2007 6:32 AM | Report abuse

The great white HOPE!

Posted by: Dorf | November 15, 2007 6:46 AM | Report abuse

no doubt Jimmy was brought back for his blocking abilities in the jumbo package and his play on "teams".

Posted by: RickyBobby | November 15, 2007 6:54 AM | Report abuse

Tough break for Lloyd, just when he seemed to be coming into his own.

Are these two guys opposites, or what? One will do anything for the team, one will take anything from the team.

Can't the Redskins tell the difference between a "character guy" and a character?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 15, 2007 7:27 AM | Report abuse

Tony Romo has become the #1 jersy sale not MVP leading Tom Brady

Posted by: BREAKINGNEWS | November 15, 2007 7:39 AM | Report abuse

"He's a young player, he's competitive and he wants to do his best, and sometimes you can be too hard on yourself when things don't go your way," Fletcher said. "I just thought he needed to know, I felt it was important to let him know, that he did enough for us to win the football game. I like the fact that he was like, 'Nah, Fletch, I should have done this or that.' But that attitude is why, as a football team, we believe in Jason."

That's how he should feel. I like hearing that coming from JC

Posted by: jm220 | November 15, 2007 7:41 AM | Report abuse

The great white HOPE!

Posted by: Dorf | November 15, 2007 06:46 AM

LMGO! I was thinking the same thing.

Posted by: jm220 | November 15, 2007 7:43 AM | Report abuse

Sunday game has Buck and Aikman announcing. Big stage for the Skins to show their stuff...

Posted by: gdennie | November 15, 2007 7:48 AM | Report abuse

Am i understanding this correctly? did Receiver, The actually dive for a ball in practice? even though i'm sure it was an alligator armed, head down, eyes closed attempt that amazes me.

Posted by: jdixon35 | November 15, 2007 7:56 AM | Report abuse

and can we bring Arrington back for just this game so he can go to the booth and knock Aikman senseless...AGAIN!

Posted by: jdixon35 | November 15, 2007 7:58 AM | Report abuse

Where are Gary Clark and Art Monk when you need them? This team is jinxed this year for injuries.

Posted by: fearturtle44 | November 15, 2007 8:02 AM | Report abuse

jdixon,

No only did he dive for the ball but, wonder of all wonders, he actually *caught* it. Apparently, catching balls in the end zone has an adverse effect on his health. That's why he avoided hauling one in for so long.

Posted by: JustMe | November 15, 2007 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Tough break for Lloyd, just when he seemed to be coming into his own.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 15, 2007 07:27 AM

Whatevah. Personally, I am delighted to see the end of He Who Must Not Be Named, a.k.a., Dropdeball.

Okay, so maybe he's not an evil wizard, but I will definitely take a middling talent who works his guts out over a lazy but gifted athlete who produces two catches for $10+ million.

Posted by: SonofNero | November 15, 2007 8:18 AM | Report abuse

wow, that I don't think I can believe. thats what? 2 TD's as a Redskin that we know of. thats as close as he'll ever come to catching a TD for us in the regular season. Can't wait for that dude to be gone and I hope Mike Espy can get healthy and make an impact next year.

Posted by: jdixon35 | November 15, 2007 8:24 AM | Report abuse

sieskani a lot of use what to the him gone but you should never wish a injury on a person.

Posted by: jm220 | November 15, 2007 8:32 AM | Report abuse

I can understnad picking up a guy who knows the offense, but does anybody really expect Bueller to play much - I mean isn't this why we picked up McCardell and Caldwell? Speak of the latter, where the hell has Reche been? We're gonna need him to step up. I think Keenan will make some plays this week. We HAVE to find a way.....I am trying to stay positive, and until Tayor went down I actually liked our chances of an upset but without 21, it is gonna be hard to contain their passing game. I hope 89 can play....

HAIL

Posted by: lmgaffney | November 15, 2007 8:50 AM | Report abuse

HAIL

Posted by: lmgaffney | November 15, 2007 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Ugh, Dallas week just doesn't fire one up anymore like the good old days. Those of us who got to live through the Golden Age of REAL Dallas weeks know what I'm talking about.

Jason: who is your editor? Maybe a once-over before posting might be in order.

Sorry everyone: Dallas 31, Skins 17. Their offense is potent - ours isn't. Bring on the hate. I know you'll let me have it for my treachery.

Posted by: brian.mccauley | November 15, 2007 8:52 AM | Report abuse

• LONGEST RECEPTION (University of Montana)
93, Jimmy Farris, 1997, @Portland State
91, Jimmy Farris, 2000, Montana State
• CAREER RECEIVING (University Of Montana)
2,223, Jimmy Farris, 1997-00

Posted by: Soups1 | November 15, 2007 8:54 AM | Report abuse

NFL Career for Jimmy Farris

7 receptions for 118 yards (long of 42) and 2 TD's in 5 seasons in the NFL....was Nick Nolte really that bad a choice?

Posted by: Soups1 | November 15, 2007 8:58 AM | Report abuse

It's not an unrealisitic pick, but where's the fun in that? G-Williams dials up some insane pressure, the front 4 plays inspired, Lay-Ron scores his first TD, and Soup continues to show why he's gonna be the real deal - Skins 24 Dallas 20

DARE TO DREAM!!!

p.s. when the Skins cut Lloyd I'm throwing a "Bye Bye Brandon" party. Playing rap album/audio of Arie Gold's "LLOYD!!" yelp in the background, drinking St. Ide's, lighting Swisher Sweets with (fake) Benjamins, catching very few passes.

Posted by: lmgaffney | November 15, 2007 9:00 AM | Report abuse

I listened to a guest speaker last night at JMU... Derrel Scott, the father of Rachel Joy Scott, the first person killed at Columbine in 1999. It was really positive and at the same time very sobering. She has an amazing story and please take a look if you haven't (rachelscott.com).

Anyway, apparently Tony Romo (as well as Chuck Norris) are supporters of the cause. Thought that was cool.

Skins by 40!

Posted by: Dorf | November 15, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Aikman calling our game...that's just GREAT (I'm being sarcastic). We never win when he calls the game....and we never win 4:15 games either.

Posted by: Lisa | November 15, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

"The system is the same"

Farris was here in 2005, before Weird Al was on the scene. Wasn't the "system" supposed to change a little with the new offensive associate head coach? Is it really that easy to figure out?

Posted by: Joe_in_Raleigh | November 15, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I like the pickup of Farris. He's a hardnosed guy that reminds me of Thrash in a lot of ways. Nothing wrong with having another hardworking overacheiver in the locker room. And if he's got good hands, that's definitely a plus. So him and McCardell aren't going to catch any sixty yard bombs, atleast they'll catch passes for first downs. I still think the offense should focus on getting the ball to ARE, as he is due for a big game, and with Henry still not at full speed, ARE should be open (if Newman is on the other side that is). Looking forward to letting the expletives fly this weekend, as I'm sure Gibbs will do something to anger me once more.

Posted by: ga8085 | November 15, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Dorf, I heard him speak a few years ago at NC State. Interesting speech, that's for sure.

Chuck Norris is cool. Tony Romo, not so much.

Posted by: Joe_in_Raleigh | November 15, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Lisa, come on, have a little bit of faith. If you expect them to lose you don't get your heart broken and get to throw stuff at the TV for 3 hours.

Posted by: jdixon35 | November 15, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Joe_in_Raleigh,

Farris was here in training camp and preseason last year so, theoretically, this is not his first exposure to Saunders' offense.

Also, I think too much is made of the complexity of the offense. 700 page playbook. Big deal. There was an article this year that mentioned the Terps offensive playbook is 680.

Posted by: LiberalMike | November 15, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Did any of you guys hear that BLloyd's house was put on the market late last week.

I was listening to the Junkies on WJFK earlier this week. They have had BLloyd on their show several times. He hasn't gone on air with them since he was inactivated that game. But apparently his house is listed by a realtor and is for sale.

I am sure that he has played his last down for the Redskins....

Posted by: carocanesfan | November 15, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

To clarify, the Junkies were reporting that they had inside info that the house was for sale but also had seen the listing and were trying to go pretend they were a buyer interested. Said it was listing for $1.9 mil and that there was a sign up.

Posted by: carocanesfan | November 15, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Joe, as a teacher it meant a lot to me. Very interesting. I still hope for Romo to be decapitated during the game... but now I will wish him the best in his recovery and hope that it is not a life threatening injury. I hear they've gotten pretty good at reattaching people's heads.

Hey, I'm smart with good hands... you don't see me getting calls from Ashburn.

(except that one time after Jansen went down and they were desperate for a right tackle.)

Posted by: Dorf | November 15, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Only way I see them keeping Lloyd is if the cap hit is too disastrous. Need to sign Sean Taylor to a big extension next year. Need to sign next years draft picks. If it prevents us from doing either of those things, I say keep him.

Posted by: LiberalMike | November 15, 2007 10:24 AM | Report abuse

The Richmond sports page had a front page picture of Tony Romo this morning with the headline "Star Quality: Tony Romo"

Argh! Ruined my whole day.

Posted by: mmok | November 15, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Time to get out the razor blades. If I have to listen to Aikman or any other former cowgirl for that matter call another Redskin game, I'm going over the ridge. Tried to listen to Sonny and Sam over the TV last week. Thanks for that 30 second radio delay. Sonny is calling the play but wait its already over. Maybe we could send Theisman to call all the Cowgirl games. The Dallas fans would would be begging for my razor blades and some Jonestown Koolaid.

But seriously, when we have no chance of a win, when many of our best players are hurt and the chips are down, when we are completely shrouded in darkness and have no more guts to fight out!

It's time for a Redskins Victory! I know it's as improbable as a game that ends with back to back field goal attempts, Oh wait bad example or say some guy name Moss caught two long bombs from a weak armed old fossil in like 120 seconds, errrrrr, how about some guy named Kenny Houston lassos Walt Garrisson with his 82 inch thighs and drags him back from the goal line. Naaah, just snap it to Joe T a let him run backwards for a safety as time expires.

Squashed cowpies make good fertilizer.

Posted by: Eradicator | November 15, 2007 10:35 AM | Report abuse

LiberalMike,

Cap hit -- hilarious. You forget that the salary cap doesn't apply to us. Only crappy small market teams like the Steelers and Jag-wires worry about cap hits.

The Redskins sign and cut whomever they please.

Posted by: Joe_in_Raleigh | November 15, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Joe_in_Raleigh that is so true. How they do it we my never know. People here at work (in jersey) keep joking with me that it's the FEMA Katrina money. Yeah I know it's wrong but I still laugh about it.

Posted by: jm220 | November 15, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

RC, if you're out there, you probably don't want read the Reuben Franks piece on SI.com regarding the Dolphins. I'll sum it up thusly:

"Nobody the Dolphins drafted before 2004 is even on the team anymore"

Here is to your team drafting Glen Dorsey, in the upcoming draft.

Posted by: gregmarino88 | November 15, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | November 15, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Hi Greg, just dropped in actually. It's worse than that, hardly anyone we drafted in the early 2000s is even in the NFL any more!

We fixed that this year (our rookie center has just been nominated as a 'sleeper' pick for the Pro Bowl) but we need a few more years of good drafting to get out of the whole Wannstedt left us in.

But my mood cannot be upset now. Beck starts on Sunday, and the Iggles won't know what hit 'em!! They can't game-plan for him because there's no real footage but the guy moves well and has an (accurate) cannon for an arm, so at least it will be fun to see even if we get blown out!

Finally we have a guy who can throw it far enough that when Ginn gets open he can get him the ball. As the unashamed 'homer' I am, I immediately put Beck, Ginn and Chatman as starters on my fantasy team, and despite that I'm still favoured to win!

Posted by: Redcoat | November 15, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and we drafted Zach Thomas in 1996 and Jason Taylor in 1997, so he's not really right but I know what he means!

Posted by: Redcoat | November 15, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

How the hell do you change your display name/ washingtonpost.com user ID??? This is crap.

Posted by: whatisthenork | November 15, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: whatisthenork | November 15, 2007 11:08 AM

Why would you want to change?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 15, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Funny aside about cowgirls calling games...

I was at the debacle at FedEx last week and Moose johston was calling the it. We sit in section 102 just below the press box. We started a "Johston Sucks" chant. He responded by blowing us a kiss.

Posted by: LarryBud | November 15, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

JM, that's a riot. "Sorry about your flooded house and all, but hey, we needed a personal punt protector and Arch was the guy for the job."

Posted by: Joe_in_Raleigh | November 15, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Just wanted to do a quick survey...raise of hands, who actually thinks we win this one?
I really think we can, maybe it's just my blind hatred for Dallas, or that my wife's family is in love with Dallas, but I really think they will hit this team harder than any other this year!
Also, did anyone see the article about Cowboys taking steroids? I saw it a little while ago, but apparently it's a much bigger issue then the article I had read. They believe many of the current players are or have been affiliated with this guy, I think his name is Jacobs?

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 15, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Well Joe you can't epect too much out of Giants fan. lol

Posted by: jm220 | November 15, 2007 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Guys,

I am upset that Brandon Lloyd is out. We should not wish for our players to die. I know he has sucked up until this point, but we should not wish for Redskins players to eat it.

Also, Jimmy Farris absolutely sucks. He cannot get open. Anyone that feels like this is somehow the answer is wrong. He may be a fun guy to talk to on the phone, and a great locker room dude, but he is not a good football player. He is untalented.

Also, I have never seen ArtMonktotheSticks so upset as he is right now. It is like he just found out his wife has been cheating on him for 5 years after dropping the kids off at school. Very bad situation. Very bad. Also, a lot of talk amongst the Glover Park Crew that Campbell is not that good and "just another QB". I am of the mind that he is super game tight in the mold of Ben Roethlisberger. Big, strong, mobile, tough and with great leadership abilities. However, not the most accurate dude in the world.

We need to show some fight in Dallas. We really need to show it on offense. Our line and our RBs need to look at this like a brawl because I have watched every single Dallas game this year and there is no way our defense will be able to stop them, particularly without my man, Sean Taylor.

Also, is there any hope at all that Taylor pulls off a LaVar from back in the day and shows up on Sunday ready to play. It seems like this is the type of game that superman emerges from. If Moss misses the game because of a heel, I think he is done as a Redskin. You don't miss Cowboys-Redskins because of a banged up heel. I don't care who you are.

Posted by: songofroland | November 15, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse

My hand goes up just out the pure hatred for the Cowgirls. Really hope L2 get at least one good hit on T.O.

Posted by: jm220 | November 15, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

My take is that the Skins are going to have an embarrassing, demoralizing loss. Breakdowns (again) by players and coaches. Some see the glass as half full, but I see it as two-thirds empty.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 15, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Good answer JM, I really hope everyone (yes everyone, I would love to watch Derrick Frost lay out TO) gets a sweet hit on TO, he has got to be one of the players I dislike the most, once an Eagle now a Girl, at least he dragged the Eagles franchise into the ground for a year! Now TE, my rational senses tell me that, but when it comes to the skins I have to be anything but rational, everyone I know is a girls fan, gotta stand up for my team!

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 15, 2007 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I always think the Redskins will win.

I sort of agree that Moss needs to numb up whatever is aching and get on the field. Remember Salavea playing with one foot and Jansen with no thumbs. Or Smoot with a broken chest.

It's Dallas week, man up and get on the field.

Posted by: Joe_in_Raleigh | November 15, 2007 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Hopefully Moss will be able to go. He's got a good attitude and I have to believe that if he can go, he will. If not, he should not take a shot to numb it and risk losing him for the season.

I'm surprised Taylor is seen as a definite scratch given that they let him go back onto the field Sunday for a few plays after the injury before he headed to the locker room.

Posted by: LiberalMike | November 15, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Dumb. As much of a fat loaf Mike Williams is. Its rather sign him.

At least he's tall.

Posted by: EckertA | November 15, 2007 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Good article about Jason Campbell in yesterday's Washington Times....

Posted by: Lisa | November 15, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

"I like the pickup of Farris. He's a hardnosed guy that reminds me of Thrash in a lot of ways. Nothing wrong with having another hardworking overacheiver in the locker room"

Yep! Such an overachiever Farris is that he's been walking the street for how long?

He's probably a real nice guy but the Skins need a FOOTBALL PLAYER! Idiots!

This is why the SKINS SUCK!

Posted by: X_1967 | November 15, 2007 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Cowboys 47 Redskins 9 (three chip shot FG's)

Posted by: X_1967 | November 15, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Me has a sneaking suspicion that booredskinfanhoo is BOOFER.

Posted by: cmecyclist | November 15, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

I believe the game Sunday will be very blow-out, however Vegas only pegs it a rather modest 10 1/2.

Pro Football Weekly experts pick Wash. as a best bet to cover...?

I don't get it.

Perhaps Wash. will hold it closer than many think.

Posted by: gdennie | November 15, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Where is everyone today? Nate where you at? Chris Larry get your a88 up here.

Posted by: jm220 | November 15, 2007 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I better guess would be Washington 13 Dallas 38

Posted by: sams3 | November 15, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

All we need is for Jason Witten to talk a bunch of smack and signal first down after a catch....then watch Karma bite him in the a$$ again.
Oh, and we need to sign Troy Vincent to a one week contract....................

Posted by: dlhaze | November 15, 2007 12:42 PM | Report abuse

He's probably a real nice guy but the Skins need a FOOTBALL PLAYER! Idiots!

This is why the SKINS SUCK!

Posted by: X_1967 | November 15, 2007 12:13 PM

Yeah, because there's so much talent "walking the street" in week 11 of the NFL season, right? Mike Williams?! There's a reason he got cut in Detroit and Oakland. Couldn't stick in freakin' Oakland! But you want him, right. Charles Rogers?! He's so good that he can't sniff the NFL's jock.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 15, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

dlhaze, you're dead on. I'm hoping for a miracle game like that, or like the monday night comeback with the 2 bombs dropped in the 4th quarter. But who's gonna run back the blocked field goal this year? L2?

Posted by: jdixon35 | November 15, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse