Kareem Moore ruled out for Sunday's game

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said safety Kareem Moore will not be able to play on Sunday, though he might be ready for the team's Week 3 game at the St. Louis Rams.

Moore, who had arthroscopic surgery Aug. 23, returned to the practice field this week -- he participated in agility drills Friday -- but Shanahan did not rule him out until Friday's practice was finished.

"We were hoping it'd be four weeks, and it's looking that way right now," Shanahan said. "That's the earliest we thought; latest was six weeks."

Shanahan said Albert Haynesworth, who sprained an ankle Wednesday, was able to practice Friday, which could mean that he's available on Sunday against the Houston Texans. Shanahan would provide no further details on Haynesworth's status.

By Rick Maese  |  September 17, 2010; 2:19 PM ET
Categories:  Kareem Moore , Mike Shanahan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chris Samuels continues to learn from Redskins staff
Next: More O-line shuffling possible

Comments

Shanahan concluded, "By the way, Haynesworth is a fat turd."

Posted by: Vic1 | September 17, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Dag nabbit!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and the Washington Natinals and much more worse than The Fighting Showalter's of Baltimore!!!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

You mean Poopy_McPoop.

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 11:57 AM

Dang it monk...hess is AH...you'll see!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 12:07 PM |

Trust me, poopy is AH and any handle with a line between the first and last name.

Posted by: hessone | September 17, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I woulda been wishful thinking for him to play anyway, I kinda expected him closer to the next game or 2.

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Good to see detective d0uche is back on the case. Everyone hear that? Any/all "handles" with a '_' in it is me. Please send this memo to all posters so they know that I am them.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

You mean Poopy_McPoop.

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 11:57 AM

Dang it monk...hess is AH...you'll see!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 12:07 PM |

Posted by: hessone | September 17, 2010 2:33 PM

I have no idea why I get such a kick out of the Hess/Poopy saga...I need to grow up.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

What I think would be funny is to have Fat Al come in after a hard day of practice. He bumps into hessone in the lockerroom (we all know why hessone is in an all-male lockerroom, not that there's anything wrong with that). Fat Al than proceeds to dunk his super-sweaty man-junk all over the face of hessone.

Talk about the ultimate tea-bagging. And for some reason hessone enjoys it. Reminds him of Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and tea-party rallies.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

When are ypou guys gonna give up this assinine "multiple handles/sock puppet" thing? It's insanely stupid. Poopy, stop buying into this ridiculous pile of dogsh!t. They just keep at it because you keep responding. Ibnore them and they will go away.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 17, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Anybody that doubted Trent Williams' performance against Demarcus Ware on Sunday really should take a look at this article:

Absolutely outstanding analysis on Trent Williams' performance, and the offensive line as a whole.

As an excerpt:

"Williams did a lot of things very well. He was great at the second level, and in space. He seems to have a very a natural talent of locking onto defenders off the line of scrimmage, a skill that very few offensive lineman really have. The most obvious example of this was on the screen pass to Chris Cooley in the first quarter where he pulled outside, locked onto a safety and drove him straight to the sideline. For the most part, he also did a tremendous job in pass protection. He gave up a hit on an inside up-and-under move early in the game, and he gave up the sack to Ware in the second half, but the sack actually wasn't as bad of a play as it probably seemed. Donovan McNabb was in the shotgun, and then took a FULL five-step drop. His back foot hit at 11 yards deep in the backfield. That is really deep, and usually, as a quarterback, when you get that deep you either let the ball go as soon as the back foot hits, or you step up (or climb) in the pocket. On this play however, the Cowboys sent both linebackers inside and got a great push up the middle, collapsing the pocket. Because of that, McNabb couldn't step up and was a sitting duck for DeMarcus Ware. So, while Williams did get his hands knocked down and actually give up the sack, it wasn't a one-man effort from Ware.

Otherwise, Williams was very impressive in not only containing Ware, but doing so within the offensive scheme without needing any extra help, such as running back chips or protections where the tight end stayed in to double-team. He wasn't as effective run blocking against the Cowboys' down defensive linemen or Ware, but he certainly wasn't liability in that department by any means. He didn't really get beat in these situations, but he also didn't get any real movement, usually stalemating with a defender on the line of scrimmage. The false start on Washington's final drive was poor timing and a drive-killer, but luckily for Williams, another dumb penalty by a different player would overshadow it. Overall, Washington fans have to be really excited about what they saw."

Posted by: psps23 | September 17, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

To Poopy:
Whoooo, are you?
Who who, who who?
I really wanna know!!!!

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rupertpupkin | September 17, 2010 1:59 PM |

Dude - how do I get of the PUPKIN list?

Physically
Unable to
Put
Knee
In
Nads

I have meeting scheduled with DMV next week and I sure don't want to go to that meeting on the PUPKIN list.

Posted by: Yammerstein | September 17, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

How'd you enjoy your trip to Big Bear?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

poopy, you're like a scratch ticket, another loser !

Posted by: hessone | September 17, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop

Same thing Barack_Obama would post. Hmmmm......

Posted by: hessone | September 17, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

psp, thanks for posting that...good read...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 17, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 17, 2010 2:38 PM |

Funny, that's what we keep telling each other about poopy, and he doesn't go away. Having alot of fun watching poopy get ticked though.

Posted by: hessone | September 17, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Nah, never gets old. It's like driving by an accident, you gotta slow down and look.

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

hessone said he enjoys "big" "bears" if you catch his drift.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan concluded, "By the way, Haynesworth is a fat turd."

Posted by: Vic1

Then he stuck out his tongue and made a giant farting noise while gesturing his thumbs downward.

Posted by: pgugino | September 17, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Hessone said he enjoys giving out blumpkins.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

How'd you enjoy your trip to Big Bear?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:39 PM

Never made it. I was taking the Pops on a fishing trip and he ended up in the hospital Friday morning with kidney stones. I know it won't kill him but he'll sure wish he was dead by the end.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 17, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Having alot of fun watching poopy get ticked though.

Posted by: hessone | September 17, 2010 2:47 PM |

Your fun should never be at the expense of someone possibly getting Lyme disease.

Posted by: Yammerstein | September 17, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking about getting an "_" in the middle of my handle.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Greg, if you didn't check out the full article, I highly recommend it. It's lengthy, but it's also the best analysis you'll find out there in terms of actual film breakdown of the game (at least the best that I've found).

Here's my favorite part of the article:

"Up next was the Trent Williams show featuring Chris Cooley. Cooley caught a tight end screen and ran for the first down. But the star of the play was Trent Williams, who pulled and blocked the safety all the way out of bounds. What makes the play so impressive is the fact that it is so hard for an offensive lineman to block defensive backs in open space like that. Usually, a defensive back will give a shoulder fake or simply hop around a big offensive tackle and leave him flailing at air. In fact, that scenario is so common that many offensive line coaches just teach their guys to cut in the open field with the idea being they have a better chance of hitting their defender -- and even if they miss, the defender will at least have to jump over them, or stop his feet to avoid them. But to be athletic enough to lock onto a safety like Williams did without holding is really remarkable."

This kid is going to be a stud.

Posted by: psps23 | September 17, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Hessone said he enjoys giving out blumpkins.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Blumpkin, one of the funniest words ever! I'm so childish!

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Lyme disease is no joke Hess...you should apologize to Poopy.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Tw = stud

Moore = stop loss at saftey for a few years if he returns to 100%

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 17, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Blumpkin, one of the funniest words ever! I'm so childish!

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 2:57 PM

I agree on that one, blumpkin is indeed a funny word.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 17, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 17, 2010 2:53 PM |

Hey, NBC caught it all on camera and when they played it back Chris Cooleysworth did an excellent job of explaining it all. So this excerpt is a little redundant, to say the least.

Posted by: Yammerstein | September 17, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking about getting an "_" in the middle of my handle.

Posted by: Play_Action | September 17, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

I knew it!!! You are Poopy and Haynesworth!!! I fixed it for you!

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Yammerstein | September 17, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Hey that was a "cheap" shot you put on psps23. I kid, I kid!

Posted by: oh_boy1 | September 17, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Is it Sunday yet?
Is it Sunday yet?
Is it Sunday yet?

Posted by: abxinc | September 17, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Dagnubit! I was hoping Moore would make it back this week. Doughty is a liability back there. Doughty is like Troy Polamalu except the speed, the instinct or the Head and Shoulders...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 17, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking about getting an "_" in the middle of my handle.

Posted by: Play_Action | September 17, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

I knew it!!! You are Poopy and Haynesworth!!! I fixed it for you!

Posted by: monk_811 | September 17, 2010 3:03 PM

Haha...thanks monk...looks good...don't ya think? How about yours?

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

psp, can't read it at work, but I'll read it tonight....I noticed that play as well....I wanted tw to PLANT him, over the bench out of bounds, just to make a statement...but I suppose that would have drawn a 15 yd. penalty....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 17, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I heard Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity have hot man-on-man action in the back of the Fox News studios. While those 2 are getting it on, Bill O'Reilly stands around video taping them and asking them to loofah each other up.

Oh, and this fart is dedicated to hessone!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 17, 2010 2:26 PM
-----------------------------------------
I'm sure the Democratic Party is glad to have you out there slamming the Republicans, Poopy. You are kind of what the Dems are all about.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 17, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Great.

Can't wait to see what Doughty has in store for Johnson/Walter/Jacoby

Posted by: p1funk | September 17, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Collinsworth is one of best on-air analysts in the game, but he rarely goes into the detail seen in that article. Anyway, that excerpt wasn't supposed to be a revelation, just an enthusiastic jolt for the fanbase.

However if you read the article, when he talks about the "Release" stretch plays (the plays that made Terrel Davis famous), how effective Jamaal Brown's arm techniques are, and how the offensive line executed a "Jet 3" slide protection on a particular blitz, you'll see the depth of analysis like nowhere else on the web.

Posted by: psps23 | September 17, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Hey gang, regular poster on the Soccer Insider blog, but wanted to opine on the safety situation. Is anyone else concerned that we have 3 strong safeties and only 1 free safety that happens to be rather injury prone? My mouth was watering when the Seahawks let Jordan Babineux go, but they resigned him within 24 hours, presumably to avoid paying a roster bonus or something to that effect.

Nonetheless, Jordan is a backup there that would be an upgrade over Doughty back there in free and will provide us a lot of cover should Kareem go down again.

Also, Andre Carter's looking out of place in the 3-4 has made me long for the days of Chris Clemons. Coincidentally, he is a situational guy for the Seahawks. Between Lorenzo and Chris Clemons, I feel we'd be much better at OLB than with AC in the rotation.

Was wondering if any of you had similar thoughts.

Seems that we should be lobbying for a trade with the Seahawks for both of these guys and offering AC and perhaps Horton in the mix. Their 4-3 scheme would allow them to net out in the trade; and thus shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Again, thoughts?

Posted by: fcmuenchweiler | September 17, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Lyme disease is no joke Hess...you should apologize to Poopy.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 2:59 PM |

Never mentioned Lyme, but it did put my son in the hospital.

Posted by: hessone | September 17, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Re: Moore
Noooooooooooohhhhhhhh!

* I think Poop has found his new 'Barno1'.

Trent Williams blocking the safety out of bounds is definitely starting to become redundant. Don't get it confused, I loved the play, but must've heard about it at least 100 times since it occurred.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 17, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Hey gang, regular poster on the Soccer Insider blog

Posted by: fcmuenchweiler | September 17, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

NERD!!!!

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Any takers on fcmuenchweile's question...I got lost at opine.

Hess...hope ur son is ok now...I heard that never really goes away.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Here Play, I fixed the Title of this Blog:

Redskins Insider
By Jason_Reid

That's about right......

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 17, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I like Collinsworth on the X and Os, but he's a bit of a hype machine otherwise.

I lost count of the # of times he used the adjective "champion-caliber" when referring to various aspects of the Cowgirls on Sunday. Typical empty-headed hype for a team that hasn't come close to sniffing a championship in almost 15 years.

Posted by: p1funk | September 17, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Ur crackin me up monk...way to welcome the fulbol blogger to the board!

I had no idea that Poopy was JReid too...wow!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Ur crackin me up monk...way to welcome the fulbol blogger to the board!

I had no idea that Poopy was JReid too...wow!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, didn't mean to be mean, but he first starts it off with 'Hey gang', that was the first hint, then he said 'soccer blog', that's even funnier, finally I think he's talking alien or something because he uses the word 'opine', which isn't even a word. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, must be a NERD then!
Also, you were crackin me up with "Any takers on fcmuenchweile's question...I got lost at opine." You had me rolling!

Posted by: monk811 | September 17, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

"Opine" is most definitely a word. I thought you guys were having a spirited IQ debate earlier?

Anyway fcmuenchweiler, I'm against trading Carter and Horton for Babineaux and Clemons. Clemons is no longer a young up-and-comer. Carter may not be an ideal 3-4 OLB, but he still has great value as a pass rusher, especially in nickel situations. With Chris Wilson and Lorenzo Alexander, I think we have more than enough depth at that position (at this time).

And Babineaux isn't anything to write home about. At best, he's "just a guy" back there. I wouldn't even be quick to call him an upgrade over Horton. Doughty has his issues, but he's still a presence on STs and is a veteran presence in the locker room and on the field.

Live with what he have. Moore will be starting again before you know it, and our depth will look fine once Doughty relegates to back-up duty.

Posted by: psps23 | September 17, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Any takers on fcmuenchweile's question...I got lost at opine.

Hess...hope ur son is ok now...I heard that never really goes away.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 17, 2010 3:17 PM |

Thanks, he's doing well. Plays football and hockey. There's two camps as far as lyme goes. Some doc's say it's curable and some say it's chronic. Guess we're going to find out.

Posted by: hessone | September 17, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

psps23, thanks for a well-thought response. Really, really hope you're right...obviously AC has never really impressed me and Doughty and Horton have always been mere backups. I do have faith in Bruce and Mike running the show, so I suppose I should just relax. Hail!

Posted by: fcmuenchweiler | September 17, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse

psps23, thanks for the well-thought response. Really, really hope you're right...obviously AC has never really impressed me and Doughty and Horton have always been mere backups. I do have faith in Bruce and Mike running the show, so I suppose I should just relax. Hail!

Posted by: fcmuenchweiler | September 17, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse

I marvel at Collingsworth that he played football and didn't trip over his enormous ego. He's profoundly biased and remarkably gifted in stating the obvious and missing the point.

Posted by: laserwizard | September 18, 2010 3:48 AM | Report abuse

I actually think Reed has done a more than respectable job back there. Wilson has been solid too. Just my opinion, but I think you might regret your comments on Kareem. I think the boy is just coming into his own. I'm a fan.

Posted by: bostskin | September 18, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse