Posted at 4:59 PM ET, 12/22/2010

Kareem Moore sits out practice with knee injury

By Rick Maese

It turns out that a fourth defensive starter missed practice Wednesday. Coach Mike Shanahan had previously said linebacker Brian Orakpo (groin/hamstring), safety Reed Doughty (concussion) and defensive end Kedric Golston (groin) sat out practice, but the team's injury report revealed that safety Kareem Moore (knee) also was unable to participate.

That means the only healthy safety on Wednesday was Victor "Macho" Harris.

Four Redskin players were limited: linebacker Lorenzo Alexander, linebacker Rocky McIntosh (hamstring), receiver Brandon Banks (knee) and nose tackle Anthony Bryant (back).

Three Jacksonville players sat out Wednesday's practice: running back Maurice Jones-Drew (groin), receiver Mike Sims-Walker (ankle) and linebacker Justin Durant (groin).

By Rick Maese  | December 22, 2010; 4:59 PM ET
Categories:  Kareem Moore
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Donovan McNabb in the Pro Bowl? Never say never
Next: Mike Shanahan to Clinton Portis: Get well soon

Comments

Heck, we can play with one safety. That whole safety thing, that's overrated.

And we can also hope that these critical Jaguars come down with hyphenitis and have to sit.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 22, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

"Shanahan said he definitely would welcome back McNabb if McNabb were willing to return to the Redskins as a backup "but I'm not sure he would, which I would understand. But I think that's why we're talking about hypothetical situations. I don't think that would happen. But if he was interested in that, obviously, that'd be a possibility."

16.25 million for a backup? No chance he'll be traded or cut.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 22, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

16.25 million for a backup? No chance he'll be traded or cut.

Posted by: Diesel44

salt, wound, etc

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 22, 2010 5:20 PM | Report abuse

I think that Danny, Allen and the Shanny's will end up falling in love with Andrew Luck and will find a way to TRADE UP for him! After not moving up for Bradford I think that Shanny regrets it and will not hold back on trading up for LUCK!! After all he is the best qb in the last 15 years and the most pro ready QB who is YEARS AHEAD OF NEWTON! NO CHANCE THEY WASTE A PICK ON A FUTURE SPREAD BUST LIKE NEWTON! If can't make the trade for Luck, they take Mallet who is still years ahead of newton!! Book it!!
I don't think it would take that much to trade up for Luck tho if we have a top 6 pick! I could see us giving the panthers mcChump, fat al and maybe sleepy davis to move up !! Then the Panthers take AJ Green!
THEN WE DRAFT LUCK AND BUILD AROUND HIM MAYBE TAKE A NT OR WR IN THE 2nd!!! HTTR!!

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 22, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 22, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

16.25 million for a backup? No chance he'll be traded or cut.

Posted by: Diesel44

salt, wound, etc

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 22, 2010 5:20 PM

Clearly. It's just amusing that the media/talking heads are giving the backup notion more than a chuckle.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 22, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Check this out. I'm pretty much right along with this guy in my thinking. I would add a couple of players such as One Man Gang and AA but that would make 12...not 10.

Posted by: TheScamp75 | December 22, 2010 4:35 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++

Try to come up with my your list of players on this team with 4 years or less to make a top ten list. I tried, and failed miserably.

Cooley
Orakpo
Williams
Bryant
Armstrong
Banks
Riley? (stretch)
Kelly? (dream)
Moore? (stretch)
Capers? (haven't even seen him play)

Try it with this roster. Pretty tough....

Posted by: smurff11 | December 22, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

That whole safety thing, that's overrated.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 22, 2010 5:11 PM

+++++++++++

Time for one of your flying unicorns to descend upon Jacksonville about 1230 PM on Sunday, delivering us a healthy Safety, and a plague on the Jaguars.

Think you can scramble that up?

Posted by: smurff11 | December 22, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

One Man Gang?

Posted by: smurff11 | December 22, 2010 4:48 PM |

It's Lorenzo Alexander's nickname.

Posted by: TheScamp75 | December 22, 2010 5:01 PM

+++++++++++++++

OK. Interesting. Not sure I would pick him with my top ten. I like him and everything, but I don't think he's a starting caliber OLB. And I don't think I'd keep a special teamer on that list (other than Banks).

But then again, I tried to come up with my own list of players on this team with 4 years or less to make a top ten list. And failed miserably.

Cooley
Orakpo
Williams
Bryant
Riley? (stretch)
Kelly? (dream)
Moore? (stretch)
Capers? (haven't even seen him play)
Beck? (total unknown)
Barnes? (huge stretch)

Try it with this roster. Pretty tough....

Posted by: smurff11 | December 22, 2010 5:14 PM |

I put him in there because he is the quintessential team player. He will play anywhere at any time and will do it well enough and with heart. Hard to find guys that you can plug in in multiple positions in all three phases.

Posted by: TheScamp75 | December 22, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Great. Can't tackle, can't blitz, can't cover K. Moore. Put him on IR. Cut him. Anything. Replace him with anybody, I mean anybody and you got a better secondary.

Posted by: getitritegov | December 22, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

if can't trade mcNabb I would love to see him forced to sit as a back-up to s rookie and\or rex even tho he will be getting paid but I would find it funny considering how great he is lmao lmao and how he was " disrespected" by being benched after all he has done in his great lmao hof lmao career even tho he was playing poorly, DESERVED TO BE BENCHED and we were out of the playoffs , so with rex on a 1yr contract we wanted to see how he performs in this offense!

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 22, 2010 5:55 PM | Report abuse

uh-oh I better be careful about speaking I'll of the great MCCHUMP Or be labeled as a racist for my entire natural life lmao lmao! Mcnabb has always be really over-ratednaybe the most in the history of the nfl! He has always been average and sucked in big games and oh yeah puked all over his punk self on what could of been the game-winning drive in the only super bowl that stankadelphia would have won! Lmao he's a chump just like all of philly is!

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 22, 2010 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Cooley
Orakpo
Williams
Bryant
Riley? (stretch)
Kelly? (dream)
Moore? (stretch)
Capers? (haven't even seen him play)
Beck? (total unknown)
Barnes? (huge stretch)

Try it with this roster. Pretty tough....

If you have Capers, I'd add Cooke as well.

Posted by: edvar | December 22, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Cooley
Orakpo
Williams
Bryant
Riley? (stretch)
Kelly? (dream)
Moore? (stretch)
Capers? (haven't even seen him play)
Beck? (total unknown)
Barnes? (huge stretch)

Try it with this roster. Pretty tough....

If you have Capers, I'd add Cooke as well.

Posted by: edvar | December 22, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Kareem Moore. There's the door. He's too fragile and he's not good when he's healthy. What are we paying him for?

Portis should be gone, too. And Torain.

I'm sick of guys that are injured all the time. Bye Bye.

I gotta say, I thought McNabb wouldn't last the year behind our Line, but he kinda did. I mean, he took some serious hits. I'm impressed. But, he's too expensive for a back up QB.

By the way, how much has Portis earned the last 2 seasons? For how many games?

This guy has doorway written on his forehead.

Posted by: Thinker_ | December 22, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

new heated field, indoor facility, back-up QB with a starters salary. sounds like shanahan has a snyder credit card account.

snyder might want to win badly and spend thru the roof to do so, but a good owner puts together the right peeps that can get the job done. sorry to say the first year in has been a major disappointment

give me a solid o-line and a RB like gerhart of the vikings and give me a 4-3 defense redskin style and then we'll be back on track. this WCO and 3-4 crap sucks. time to get back to what we did before bonehead bought the team

pro bowl = pro blow

Posted by: hessone | December 22, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Ahhh...that's why he can't bend his knee and tackle someone below the shulders???

I'd love to see Kareem just dive at a running backs knees just once and see what happens. Not in a dirty way, just in a way like EVERY other good defender does...

Posted by: boricuabopper | December 22, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan should go on IR for his head injury.
What shanahanigans do you think he will pull this week. I think if it came down to it Mike and Kyle Shanahan could play offense against any defense, right. Fire Shanahan!!!

worst coach the redskins have had ever.

Posted by: wohwinner | December 22, 2010 11:26 PM | Report abuse

No one's denying that DM wasn't playing well. He is who thought he was from the start. But, for a player who has accomplished what he has in the league, it should have been handled better. If he's benched, let him know before the media finds out. If he's the 3rd QB, let him know that and don't let him find out from ESPN.

Posted by: dcwun | December 22, 2010 9:58 PM

You posting this is why you have zero credibility like these lazy ass reporters. Shanny says he told Donovan. Donovan says he didn't. Unless anyone was there they can't possibly take a credible position using either of their stories. At best they can speculate using BOTH claims...nothing more. Anything else is biased and therefor an opinion, not fact.

Posted by: TheScamp75 | December 23, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse