LaRon Landry on Kareem Moore's injury: 'Man, it's tough'

The Redskins expect free safety Kareem Moore to be out four to six weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery Monday to repair a torn medical collateral ligament in his right knee.

Moore suffered the injury during last week's 23-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, and strong safety LaRon Landry appeared distraught after the game while talking about the third-year player. On Tuesday, Landry acknowledged he was still having a difficult time with the fact Moore likely will miss the Sept. 12 season opener against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field.

"With Kareem back there ... man, it's tough," Landry said. "I'm not downplaying any of the other safeties. Like Reed [Doughty], [Chris] Horton ... we're great back there. We've got chemistry back there. But the speed that Kareem has back there, he reminds me of my range.

"He's athletic. Things can be great back there with us, so it kind of hurt me when he had to have his knee scoped. I'm like, 'Damn, I hope he can be back by the Cowboys game.' We have something special going and it can be great. We just need him to get his knee right and get back."

By Jason Reid  |  August 24, 2010; 12:26 PM ET
Categories:  Kareem Moore , LaRon Landry
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video: Jason Reid discusses Haynesworth
Next: Willie Parker will get his chance to make an impression Friday

Comments

sux

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 24, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Kareem Moore will be back for the girls...

Posted by: jiza32 | August 24, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I'm betting Moore will be back in time for Sept 12.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 24, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

If the Bucs would trade Clayton, Ward, and a late rounder for Albert I'd do it right now and be thrilled.

also does "he reminds me of my range" mean that same range that overruns plays, can't cover a double move, and gets burnt once a week LL? I hope not....

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 24, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm betting Moore will be back in time for Sept 12.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 12:40 PM |

I think Moore will be back too. I also agree with you that it's time to move on from Sellers. He's play has been in decline for the past two years.

Posted by: TWISI | August 24, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

LaRon loves him some LaRon, this is Kareem's 3rd year and dude is always hurtin! man our safeties need some strong prayers cause they go down way too often..

Posted by: gwjuniors | August 24, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

nonsense, kareem moore is out for dallas, AND houston at the least.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | August 24, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Missing 21.

Posted by: clark202 | August 24, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

LeGarret Blount would have been a very nice 7th round pick for the Skins.

Posted by: coparker5 | August 24, 2010 10:00 AM

Totally would have been worth it just to see if he would punch Haynesworthless in the face.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | August 24, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

its been reported that it wasn't surgery, just a scope? does just having a scope qualify as "surgery" or is surgery actually fixing something?

what i mean is, i've heard they didn't fix anything. just looked around. and he needs to rest it for a few weeks to heal the strain. is this true?

Posted by: destewar | August 24, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Kareem Moore will be back for the girls...

Posted by: jiza32 | August 24, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Yeah.. So both He and Landry can get exposed for who they are!

Posted by: rlomax67 | August 24, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

YES...Missing #21

Posted by: Airchuck | August 24, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

"But the speed that Kareem has back there, he reminds me of my range." That is priceless.

Posted by: mrshneebly | August 24, 2010 8:58 PM | Report abuse

How quickly can you start running again after a scoped MCL? Anyone know?

Posted by: scowan47 | August 25, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse