Kelly: It Was 'Fun,' 'Exciting'

Barry Svrluga reports:

Rookie wide receiver Malcolm Kelly was active for the first time since Oct. 19 against Cleveland and played his largest role yet. Though he only caught two passes for 12 yards -- doubling his production for the season to this point -- Coach Jim Zorn called one deep ball intended for Kelly, who couldn't make a catch as he fell out of the end zone.

"That's what I'm here for: to play, not to sit there wondering when I'm going to play," Kelly said. "It was fun. It was exciting."

With his problematic knee now healthy, Kelly expects an increased role over the final five games. He was used more than veteran James Thrash or fellow rookie Devin Thomas.

"There was a lot of plays that were supposed to be called for me that they didn't call," Kelly said. "That tells you, down the stretch, there's stuff coming my way. ... Even with the progress I made today, I know I'm leaps and bounds away from where I really know I can be."

By Cindy Boren  |  November 23, 2008; 11:24 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Taylor: New Role Worked Well
Next: Moss Puts Incident Behind Him

Comments

Please keep getting Kelly the ball! He will be our #2 receiver next year behind Moss.

Posted by: hender_22 | November 23, 2008 11:34 PM | Report abuse

It was scarily bonerific to see a receiver that big on our side of the field for once, lets hope the young man keeps improving. HTTR.

Posted by: Hammerwolf | November 23, 2008 11:35 PM | Report abuse

He was unimpressive.

Posted by: ThisGuy | November 24, 2008 1:00 AM | Report abuse

It was great to see Malcolm Kelly out on the field. I believe he is very talented and will he help extend drives. The passing attack will begin to strive. The Redskins need him to make plays in the final five games of the season. I'm excited with things to come "Hail to the Redskins".

Posted by: RashunBooth | November 24, 2008 1:35 AM | Report abuse

It was good to see him playing, even if he didn't do anything impressive today.

Posted by: cali_snowboarder | November 24, 2008 3:22 AM | Report abuse