Kelly Ready to "See How It Works"

Tried to post this item from Redskins Notes last night, but Loseable Type was, well, I believe the technical term is "freaking out." (I swear I had nothing to do with the multiple posts, but, if you're going to have a malfunction, have a malfunction that increases the count, I always say.)

Anywho (as Jasno would write), I'm sorry this is a late. While you digest the offensive players' assessment of their Saturday night massacre, note that indeed rookie wide receiver Malcom Kelly, who has not played this preseason because of a hamstring injury and knee surgery, is expected to make his pro debut Thursday against Jacksonville, Jim Zorn said.

"I don't know the amount of reps but I'm going to get some plays under my belt," Kelly said. "It'll be a few plays, it's not just going in and coming back out. So I'll be out there for a few series and we'll see how it works."

Said Jim Zorn: "I thought Malcolm Kelly stepped it up a little bit for me [Tuesday] and I could see a little burst."

Kelly missed the preseason opener against the Indianapolis Colts with a hamstring injury and underwent knee surgery Aug. 4 and Zorn had said the second-round pick had not yet shown the burst needed to play. But Kelly said he felt ready to get back out on the field, Paul Tenorio reported.

"When you have surgery and you have to rehab it, you're so used to it hurting you get back out there and you're hesitant about some things," he said. "Once I tell myself I'm good I'm rolling [and] I'm getting it back now."

...
When the schedule came out, the early lineup of three NFC East opponents in five games on the road looked daunting, but maybe that won't be so horrific, thanks to recent developments. The Giants are in flux (they won a Super Bowl with a pass rush that is now MIA) and we'll see how quickly they adjust. Or if they can. Sure, the Cowboys have a lot of talent, but losing Kyle Krosier is significant. And the Eagles lose Kevin Curtis for six-to-eight weeks.
...
Looking around at headlines as I drink my coffee and contemplate a quiet day at Redskins Park (no media availability, no practice), I note this sad news. because we discuss everything up here.

By Cindy Boren  |  August 27, 2008; 8:25 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fletcher, Griffin on Williams' Return
Next: Sean Taylor Auction Announced

Comments

Sad about Tillsdale.

I am hoping Kelly comes back soon, I dunno just mark me down as saying this guys contributions will be significant. I just have a feeling. Then again, as that CLassy Anon always says: My Football IQ 0.0

Posted by: Skinz | August 27, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Here's how it works, kid: you get in shape, you learn the offense, you work your butt off in practice, you make it into the lineup, and you catch the passes thrown to you. After catching them, you run like hell towards the opponent's "end zone."

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

While I prefer that he not play any of our starters to avoid injury, it is only ONE series.

Posted by: Lisa | August 27, 2008 8:59 AM

But, Lisa, what if it's a long series? One that leads to a touchdown? We would prefer that they fumble on the first play and get off the field!!! If they score a touchdown, at least three starters will be out for the season!!! We can't risk that!!! This team is not in shape to play against other teams' starters!!! Oh, panic!!! Zorn will lose the team if they don't fumble on the first play!!!

Posted by: Ray and Zebra | August 27, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Way to coach 'im up, Nate. BTW, that was the 227,227th post!
Do you really think 250k is doable by 7 p.m. Sept. 4?

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

As long as I'm monoblogging though I'd post this. Seems Mr. Phelps may not quite be as much the All American sportsman we though he was.

Posted by: Skinz | August 27, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Nate, can you pass that info along to Devin Thomas too?

Posted by: [cc] | August 27, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Cindy, I'm deeply sorry, my Dauphine, but signs point to no.

Unless we get a big power assist from Duplicative Type.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Do you really think 250k is doable by 7 p.m. Sept. 4?

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:11 AM

This is up to your IT department. I suggest they ratchet up the multiple posts from three to ten and we'll clear the hurdle with room to spare.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 27, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Good call, [cc].

** aside to Devin Thomas **

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Chief Zee lost his tomahawk at the Bills game!!

We need to find it!!!

If he doesnt, I will donate my war club to him...

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 8:45 AM

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

BTW, that was the 227,227th post! Do you really think 250k is doable by 7 p.m. Sept. 4?

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:11 AM

I don't know about 250K, Cindy. That confirmation page is using up valuable posting time! You guys should make it a 1 sec redirect.

Posted by: [cc] | August 27, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

FEELY LASTS A SINGLE DAY IN K.C.
Posted by Mike Florio on August 26, 2008, 7:55 p.m.

Veteran kicker Jay Feely has been released by the Kansas City Chiefs, only a day after he was signed.

The decision apparently was the result of a kick-off among Feely, Connor Barth, and Nick Novak. Feely made 24 of 30 over two days. Barth made 28 of 30, and Novak made 27 of 30.

Barth and Novak will square off in the final preseason game — assuming the Chiefs’ offense puts itself in position for a placekick to be attempted.

Posted by: 4th via PFT | August 27, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

In other news, I saved 10 cents on my coffee at Caribou by knowing that baseball's "big cat" is/was Andres Galarrage.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

And thanks for reminding me that Nick Novak may well be the Cheeves' kicker.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Nice job Cindy.

What happened to Kosier, by the way? I know that Anthony Spencer is out for a while, but didn't hear about Kosier??

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Sad about Tillsdale.

Posted by: jm220 | August 27, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

On the Cowboys thing. Add to that the very real possibility of Jessica dumping that tool Romo. Maybe we'll get to see him crying on the sidelines again.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 27, 2008 8:38 AM

That's not fair...sniff...that's my QUARTERback...sniff

Posted by: Terrell Owens | August 27, 2008 8:42 AM

Maybe we should by stock in Kleenex for the Cowgirl pity party.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

*buy*

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 27, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

He has a sprain and hairline fracture of his right wheel:

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

From the previous thread:

Ray,

How about we do not play the starters the whole year, then we do not have to worry about injury at all. The big difference in the game Saturday night was the Panthers were playing to prepare for the season, and the Skins were playing not to get hurt. Steve Smith is there most important player, but did he wine about playing in a preseason game, no he played like a maniac diving for balls, and leaving one of are young CB's holding air.

Since injuries can happen in practice as well, maybe we should not practice either.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

KMDP4, they should alll just stay in bed. Maybe Fred Davis was on to something.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Cindy, thanks for the update.

I think the Eagles losing Curtis is going to be a huge loss for them. He was over 1,000 yards last year, that will be hard to replace.

Also, is this the year that Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan finally get old? Those guys just don't ever seem to have a drop off....

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Cindy,

We need registration back and we need confirmation gone: Make it so.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Why do we need registration back. The past few weeks have been pretty smooth up here. I mean I know most people up here are democrats but must we add an extra layer of bureaucracy ;)

Posted by: Skinz | August 27, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

The confirmation should be gone now. They're working on Loseable Type.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Five preseason games is way too many. I really think the NFL should shorten preseason and let teams go back to controlled scrimmages against whomever they want. The media covers preseason like it means something, the players hate it, and the fans (obviously) don't get it. I hate preseason.....

About the Campbell thing. Give the guy a break, this will be his third offense and he hasn't had the chance to learn any of them. IMO, it will take two if not three years to learn this offense properly. Will Snyder give Zorn/Campbell that much time/leadway? Will the fans? Will the press? I agree with the above post, run early and often. I think our offense needs healthy wide receivers and good blocking up front, then Campbell can excel. His slow decision making is lack of knowledge or trust in the system - give him time. I would like to see him hitting pass catchers in stride more often. I would like to say this is a make or break year for him, but really it shouldn't be - Snyder decided to bring in a totally new offense and its nothing like the one he just worked in.

And this is just my unprofessional opinion and observations. (just like everyone else's posted)

I love you guys, knowledgable or not.

Posted by: rando | August 27, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Curtis being out is huge for them, Ronnie brown is a scrub and Deshawn Jackson will crumple in half from 3/4 of a Landry layout.

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Oh, wait. I made confirmation go. It was all because of my powers! Yeah, that's it!

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

I am starting a page on the wiki sight for us to place bet's and guesses as what will happen this season.

Here is my first wager: Which second round pick will have the most success. As a mathematical gage lets say:
1 point for every 10 yards 1 point for every 3 catches and 6 per TD?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I agree preseason is a waste but the owners make to much money off of it to ever get rid of it.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Geeze stealing meaningful items from an septuagenarian. Classy.

Posted by: Skinz | August 27, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

stu, ronnie brown is a dolphin, reggie brown is the eagles wr.

km, agreed. WAY too much money from pre-season games for them to go away. Thats just not happening.

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Agreed, rando. As we've seen up close this season, the 'honor' of appearing in the HOF game, a fifth exhibition game added to the calendar, looks like cruel and unusual punishment.

If the league is going to insist on highlighting the HOF game the week before everyone else starts preseason, the two teams playing in it should have a 'bye week' the following week. The lost revenue from a home exhibition game for one team should be subsidized by the league, if they're so keen on showcasing the HOF game.

Okay, Goodell, we solved this one. Next issue.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Cindy you are the Insider!

Posted by: jonthefisherman | August 27, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 9:47 AM

*cough* we need a minor league for this stuff. *cough*

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

... That's why I threw 250k out there more as a question than a blogimatum. ...

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:19 AM

A questiomatum?

Alex, Fred Davis. Pay me.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Well there both scrubs, I didnt know you held Reggie Brown in such hig regards. dosent change the fact besides westbrook there passing game dont.

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Cindy you are the Insider!

Posted by: jonthefisherman | August 27, 2008 9:58 AM

It depends on what the meaning of "the" is. I'm guessing she is "inside" the WaPo building ... checking her emails, picking up the phones, decoding the text messages, inserting the potted plants, mapping the maps, such as ...

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Ricky Manning Jr has been released by the Bears. Should the skins bring him in? If we they do them maybe we can then move S. Springs to the back field.

-just a thought

Posted by: Da_Skins | August 27, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Bears defensive back Ricky Manning Jr. said the organization has denied his request to either seek a trade or be released, a move that he believes puts him in a bind heading into the 2008 season. The disgruntled Manning Jr. said the request was made through his agent, Jim Ivler. According to an NFL source, the Bears did shop Manning Jr. but found no takers. He is due to make $1.85 million this season and $4.75 million next season as part of the five-year, $21 million deal he signed in 2006, when he left Carolina as a restricted free agent. Manning Jr. is expected to be released as Saturday's 53-man roster deadline approaches. Interested teams would seem more inclined to wait until he is released rather than give up a draft pick via trade.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Sweenm u mean Fred Davis owes you money?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

I dunno if Blache/Cerrato have the same strategies for backfills in emergencies (I'm thinking they do given the taken opportunity in Jason Taylor) as Ggrilliams/Cerrato (Godfrey for injured Marcus), but if anything more happens to the Skins undeep depth at LB, my vote is to make a beeline to free agency to sign Takeo Spikes. Feel free to disagree ... but he IS a free agent and Skins would not need to trade anyone or any picks.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

So anyway, it turns out I immediately withdraw my vote. Takeo Spikes is a #2 MLB for one of the two MLB spots in SF. Never mind.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Alex, you said it was a bet. I said Fred Davis. Its simple gambling etiquette to pay out.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Deshawn Jackson will crumple in half from 3/4 of a Landry layout.

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 9:44 AM

No doubt Stu !!

I'm getting pumped up for the season just thinking about it. I can see Deshawn Jackson laying on the floor in a fetal position right now. I hope he puts it on T.O. the way #21 used to. Do em' Laron !!

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 27, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Spikes was signed by the 49ers, no?

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Nevermind... I knew I saw him in that preseason game Thursday...

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:07 AM

Here in lies the problem sween. We don't sign players who don't cost draft picks. I mean think about it, why would you get a player for free when you could give up picks for him. Think before you post please.

Posted by: Skinz | August 27, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Cindy when do we get to see your picture on this blog instead of the guy who seems to owe you his paycheck?

Posted by: jonthefisherman | August 27, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Tony Homo & T-Blo
Say Hello to Andre Carter & Laron Landry

Posted by: Slippery Richard | August 27, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

You don't get paid till the end of the season. And besides I took Davis.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Ricky Manning stats for his last two years :

2007 : 5 GS, 33 solo tackles, 11 assists, 1 sack, 1 deflection, 0 picks

2006 : 6 GS, 42 solo tackles, 11 assists, 2 sacks, 5 deflections, 5 picks

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Jessica Simpson....
Say Hello to Slippery Richard

Posted by: Frankfurt J. Goldenrod | August 27, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Jon, just a question. What do you think WAPO pays JLC for? Blogging or working out at the park and making deadlines?

The fact that the sports editor makes many contributions to the blog just proves the fact that she is actually less busy than JLC (no offense Cyn).

In closing, eat it...

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Did you happen to see Kevin Duckworth (former Bullet) died on Monday. That's worth a noting in your "discuss everything" file.

Posted by: Chazman | August 27, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Eat it

Eat it

Eat it

If its getting cold reheat it

Have a big dinner, have a light snack

If you don't like it, you can't send it back

Just eat it, eat it, eat it

Posted by: Weird Al Yankovich | August 27, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Duckworh's best years were not as a bullet though were they? I am not a big follower of hoop ball but thats my .02

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

From a friend who posts at ES
__________________________________________
My First Post, Cowboy fan saying thank you to #21 Sean Taylor.

My first post, I thought it should mean something instead of the old Cowboys vs. Skins stuff. I know it may be a little long, but I have held these feelings for a long time, I think it is time I get this off my heart.

I wanted to come in here and tell you guys how I felt about Sean Taylor and why till this day my heart and my soul are still in pain. Why I till this day tear up at the site of footage of him playing or when I see memorials around town in his memory. I met Sean his rookie year, it was at Lavar Arrington’s infamous white party. The same party Sean went to instead of attending the rookie symposium. My wife and I who at the time attended a lot of parties and functions due to the nature of our growing side business, at the time were very grateful to be there and network with so many people. Even though I am a Cowboy fan and she is an Eagle fan, having that opportunity was priceless. Skipping ahead a few years later, as well as many parties and events and functions, the relationship that was maintained with Sean and I was strictly through friends, acquaintances and the occasional text message from Sean telling me to work hard in Corporate America and keep doing what I was doing with my side business and it would blow up. Telling me to keep my on my grind and keep working those 16 hour days and always telling me do it for my kids. Those always meant a lot to a book smart Corporate America drone like me.

Fast forward to October 2007 the stress of my wife and I working full time jobs, and coming home at night doing homework with the kids and then putting in 5-6 hours on our business had caused tension which led to us to separating. My wife left me with the kids and after almost 10 years of marriage, a growing and thriving business, and two kids together the world seemed like a horrible place. Also to add more confusion to the situation my wife and I were both unemployed from October until December of 2007. Which meant I was at home working the side business like crazy, by myself with two kids and we were all missing her. Sean texted me I think 2 or 3 times during October with words of encouragement saying things “like she will be back, you guys have 10 years together, you guys are great for each other and were meant to be together” At the time I was grateful but the human being in me kept saying “ I am 37 he is a youngin what does he know” then I would laugh, when he would say “N-word I know what I am talking about”

November 26, 2007 it was around 10 or 10:30 and my phone is ringing off the hook, at first I thought it was my wife because we did talk a lot during our separation. It was a barber from the barbershop, 90% of the barbers are Redskin fans but I love them dudes, so my barber tells me “Yo your man has been shot”. I immediately think that MY barber, the dude that cuts my hair has been shot, until he says turn on ESPN. I turn on ESPN to see that Taylor had been shot and was in critical condition. All by myself and with the kids at school the air left my body, the tears started rolling from my face, I clutched my heart, ran to my closet to a book of import rookie cards and pulled out Taylor’s rookie card, turned off all the lights, dropped to my knees and prayed to the Lord to watch over him. All that day I stayed in my pajamas, did not shave, wash or brush my teeth. I just sat in my bed watching sports center, surfing the net and consoling my friends that were Skins fans. I would be a rock for them on the phone, but when I got off I would cry and pray, it seemed like for those two days that’s all I could do. That day when the kids got home from school, I sat them down and explained what was going on and why I was upset. Now my kids have not been pressured into liking any particular team, but they know the love and respect I have for Taylor as well as other Redskins and the Great History and Tradition that comes along with your organization. The both expressed to me that some of their classmates wore Sean Taylor jersey and teachers had told them what happened. That night I went to bed with ESPN on the TV, I guess you all know what I woke up to on the morning of November 27, 2007.

Waking up that morning to ESPN saying Sean Taylor had died was one of the worst days in my 38 years of living. The six months I spent in the first Gulf war could not compare to that morning. I cried and cried and cried. I came to Extremeskins to get some sense of what you guys were feeling. I seen old members as well as young members express their love and hurt. I went to Cowboy message boards and seen the respect that was given. The message boards became a place to heal and express your thoughts and feelings; maybe I should have joined that day, because along the way I think I forgot to heal myself, because it still hurts. It hurts even now as I type this letter and try to omit the spelling errors. The tears coming from my eyes and still do from time to time when it comes to #21.

I think each of us could go on all day about how we feel about Sean Taylor, so I will respect your time and wrap it up. I watched Taylor at Miami and every game he played as a Skin. I truly loved the way he played, loved the way he hit, even if it was on a Cowboy. He was certainly a outstanding athlete as well as person. An individual that was growing, maturing and becoming a well-rounded teammate, father and human being. With the 2009 season upon us it will be very hard for this Cowboy fan to watch Skins games, for the simple fact that I will miss Sean Taylor, but I will be comforted by the fact that I KNOW SKINS FANS WILL NEVER LET HIS NAME, HIS CONTRIBUTIONS TO YOUR ORGANIZATION AND THE WAY HE PLAYED DIE.

I have said my peace and opened up to you all something that I have been holding in my heart since those hurtful 2 days back in November. Sean gave me words of encouragement during the worst days of my life. Well my wife and I are back together now, our business is growing and we are getting ready for another season of football. Last Friday she came home with two jerseys for me, one was #81 Owens (boo and hiss if u want I understand), the other was an authentic Redskin Sean Taylor jersey. The #21 will be framed and mounted and when I get my house one day it will go up on my wall, a place forever in my home and my heart.

To the members of this board a lot of you don’t know, but your words and the sharing of your pain helped me out tremendously.

THIS IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF A GREAT REDSKIN, FAMILY MAN AND FOOTBALL PLAYER. SEAN TAYLOR FOREVER REST IN PEACE

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

In closing, eat it...

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 10:26 AM

I dunno cutting and pasting
and writing about soccer and crappy music
oh yeah in closing

chupa me waveos

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Spikes was signed by the 49ers.

Cerrato said he thought they would only carry 5 Lb on the 53 man roster.

I assume they will be resigning some Lb's to the practice squad or searching the waiver wires for other Lb's.

For example, Sinclair is a good Lb and no one will sign him based on his injury. He could be available the entire season without taking up a spot on the practice squad. A gamble....some other team could have noticed his play and take a chance on him.

I know you guys hashed out the 53 man roster a few posts ago but would like to mention it again. How do you think #'s break down to positions?

3 are special teams so breakdown 50.
(kicker,punter, long snapper)

Posted by: rando | August 27, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

he also seems to have beating dead horses as one of his WaPo duties

Posted by: jonthefisherman | August 27, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Good post on Taylor, but I have a hard time reading anything about him or watching his old highlights. Too sad :(

I retired my lucky Taylor jersey-shirt when that happened and hung it on my wall. Still haven't gotten over that one...

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

I dunno what can be done to get over it. It would be like the Ravens losing RayRay in that super bowl year.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

he also seems to have beating dead horses as one of his WaPo duties

Posted by: jonthefisherman | August 27, 2008 10:39 AM

Present and reporting for duty!

Posted by: frustrated equine artificial inseminator | August 27, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

"3 are special teams so breakdown 50.
(kicker,punter, long snapper)"

We need a guy that can kick AND punt, and a lineman that can long snap.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Cindy,

We need registration back and we need confirmation gone: Make it so.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 9:31 AM

I second the motion. So let it be written, so let it be done.

My best to Wayman Tisdale. I remember the late stages of his career in the NBA, and I have a couple of his CDs. Losing ANY limb sucks but I'm just glad it wasn't his hands; the man is a talented bass player.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Its is huevos anon... really means eggs, but it is synonymous with testiclees

the extra e was on purpose.

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I didn't come back yesterday after I posted. Why are you all thinking I'm a fake again? I am in grad school, and the way my schedule works, this is my only opportunity to take these classes. Why shouldn't I take them, especially when I can only see about 3 games (excluding postseason assuming we get there) during the season? You guys are haters for no reason.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

We need a guy that can kick AND punt, and a lineman that can long snap.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 10:44 AM

Pretty sure you're talking about Lorenzo Alexander up here.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Why I could care less about college football. Not only is the BCS championship (if you can call it that) system a farce, but the scheduling system is even worse for most of those "power horse" teams (not including the PAC 10)

From ESPN's TMQ:

Monster schools that play seven home games versus just five road dates this autumn include Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Phonier still are the teams that play seven at home, five on the road and also have home dates against cupcakes. Oklahoma boldly opens by hosting Chattanooga, a Division I-AA team that last season went 2-9 with losses to Furman and Elon. Georgia Tech boldly hosts tiny Gardner-Webb, which last season lost by 35 points to Wofford. Little Nicky Saban's Alabama bravely hosts Western Kentucky, which, in the process of moving up from Division I-AA, technically is not in any subdivision this year. Preseason favorite Georgia bravely opens by hosting Division I-AA Georgia Southern.

Missouri's favorite dish.
Then there are the football factories that play seven at home, five on the road and host two cupcakes. The Texas Tech Red Raiders, who style themselves as little guys among giants, bravely face off on their home turf against Division I-AA Eastern Washington and Division I-AA Massachusetts. The Kansas Jayhawks boldly open by hosting Florida International, which is on a 1-23 streak, then entertain Division I-AA Sam Houston State.

You want even phonier? Ponder the big-money football schools that buy their way into eight home games and four road dates. One is defending national champion LSU. This fall, the Tigers play eight at home versus four on the road, and bravely host North Texas, which is riding a 7-28 streak. Louisville not only has eight at home and four away, the Cardinals also play six of their first seven at home. Clemson plays eight at home, four away and boldly hosts Citadel, a Division I-AA team whose own main athletics Web page featured this midsummer headline: "Bulldogs picked to finish sixth in conference." Florida State has eight home games versus four road and fearlessly opens with consecutive games against Division I-AA teams -- first Western Carolina, which was 1-10 in 2007, and then Chattanooga.

Southeast Missouri -- can it be this year's Appalachian State?
TMQ's winner for Cupcake Schedule of the Year is Missouri. Not only does Mizzou enjoy a soft sked of eight at home, four away; not only does the school play five of its first six at home; Missouri boldly scheduled three consecutive home dates against cupcakes: Division I-AA Southeast Missouri; Nevada, which lost 52-10 last year at Nebraska and lost 52-21 the year before at Arizona State; and Buffalo, which has 15 total wins since joining Division I-A in 1999. Hand out cupcakes at halftime! Tell the marching band to form a giant cupcake! Missouri has pretenses about top-10 status -- but several of its W's will be garnered via one of the phoniest schedules in college football history.

Cupcake Note 1: Division I-AA Eastern Washington funds its athletic program partly by allowing its football team to be profitably pounded. In 2006, Eastern Washington lost 52-3 at West Virginia. Last year, the Eagles lost 42-7 at BYU. This fall, Eastern Washington opens at Texas Tech, then travels to Colorado. Cupcake Note 2: Ever on the lookout for a pushover, West Virginia just signed to host Division I-AA Liberty in 2009 -- Liberty normally lines up against North Greenville and Stony Brook. Cupcake Note 3: While dunning the Packers, Brett Favre worked out with the Oak Grove High School football team of Hattiesburg, Miss. Oak Grove High has more home games than away games -- just like a football factory!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

You guys are haters for no reason.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 10:48 AM

Not everyone, just THEM. That's what they do, they hate. This is why ITA works.

[Note: they are conflicted in their hate ... they hate everything, except hate, which they love ... they hate that they love hate. They also agree to disagree with that Pretenders' song about the thin line.]

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Anyone trying to track down an update on Jason Taylor? It is now 4 days post-injury and only 8 days to the season opener. Seems like it would be a good time to check in and see if the knee is at least supporting itself. That is, unless it's easier for the Jasno's to wait around for a Redskins press release on the topic.

Posted by: Mike H. | August 27, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Very true dcsween, it's just getting old though.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

So, its been a while since someone freaked out and B***hed about me having a GF.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

We need a guy that can kick AND punt, and a lineman that can long snap.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 10:44 AM

Pretty sure you're talking about Lorenzo Alexander up here.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 10:49 AM

Or Marcus Mason.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Alex, if its any consolation ... "WHAT!??!! YOU HAVE A GF!!!!?!?!?!"

Does that help?

Mike H, I think the thread above said something about "no media availability" today.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Karen, where are you that you get only 3 games? Out west somewhere?

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I hope you're kidding, Mike H. Any update on his knee before next week is just speculative garbage. Too much can happen in a week.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Not much meat to it but hey it's a skins article.

Posted by: Skinz | August 27, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

LOL

Georgia Southern beat App State last year, who maybe you remember beat #5 Michigan AT MICHIGAN.

Gimme a break.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Who is our plan b/c for the P/K? Remember a few years ago the iggles needed to have their TE place kick for a game or two.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

"power horse" has to be in the running as a new catch phrase.

I was just on a conference call during which each of the three other attendees used the phrase "it is what it is." I rolled my eyes more vigorously each time I heard it, but I doubt they could tell.

I flip-flopped on Karen's authenticity... was a doubter originally, and then come over to the believer side. To whatever extent we can "believe" anything we "read" on "the" interwebs.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Last night on Redskin Nation, Jason Taylor had a long interview with the reporters.

He is wearing a knee brace and it still hurts him. He could not play this Thursday but hasn't ruled out playing next Thursday. He has always been a quick healer and doesn't mind playing with pain. Its basically a day to day recovery process.

IMO, I haven't seen anything spectacular from him during these meaningless preseason games. Either he isn't playing hard or inspired or his offseason dancing routine has weakened his body (by not lifting and working out). I'm not sold on Jason Taylor as a Redskin. Yes, he is all-pro at Miami but he isn't in Miami. He must prove himself in D.C. and the NFC East. I look forward to him playing well enough to make the pro bowl.

Posted by: Rando | August 27, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I'm in KY, I get all the Cinci and other games. I think in all the time I've been here, I've seen maybe 3 or 4 Sun afternoon games, and I've been here 3 years. It's not like when I was in NY and guaranteed at least 2 games, plus at least 1 of the other division games and any primetime/Sat games we had. The thing that really SUX is that I've got Bible study on Thurs nights, so I've gotta tape the 'ints game and hide from all normal media.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Also from the ESPN TMQ article:

Washington: The Redskins were fast becoming the federal government of the NFL, with two people owning the title Associate Head Coach: Al Saunders and his 700-page playbook, and Gregg Williams and his ultracomplex defense. Maybe the Redskins should file Environmental Impact Statements for their plays! Now Saunders and Williams are departed, both passed over for the head coaching vacancy, which went to Jim Zorn -- yet another gentleman who had never been a head coach at any level before becoming an NFL head coach. The Redskins are now on their sixth head coach in the 10 years that the impossible-to-please Chainsaw Dan Snyder has owned the team. Pity quarterback Jason Campbell, who going back to college is in his fifth offensive system in seven years. In the past 11 years, Peyton Manning has played under two head coaches and in one offensive system; in the past nine years, Tom Brady has played under one head coach and in one offensive system. Endless coach-and-scheme turmoil does not win games, a lesson Chainsaw Dan refuses to learn.

Chris Meidt, small-college coach made good.
Give Zorn credit for this: One of his new assistants is Chris Meidt, hired away from Division III Saint Olaf College. TMQ has long maintained the small-college and high school coaching scenes have far more talent than the NFL recognizes. To coach a small college or a high school, you need to know about all aspects of football -- plus be able to get along with people, a skill sorely missing in much of pro sports.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Sween, I thought it would be an anon but its all good in the end.

She had a bad time on the metro coming home from work last night. A not so gentlemanly man sat down next to her and started pleasuring himself

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

nice post from Zebra.

Posted by: skins 75 | August 27, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 11:02 AM

I didn't realize the Redskins can tell the Post when to do their jobs. I'm pretty sure the post isn't obligated by law to wait around for permission from the organization to do a little digging.

I'm not kidding at all. The last report made it sound like there was a long way to go and specifically said "the next few days" would tell a lot. It's been a few days since the injury, so what have we learned. If he still can't put weight on it, I think that says a lot. Tomorrow's story will be the Jacksonville game, of course, so it seems like the perfect time to peek in on Taylor.

Posted by: Mike H. | August 27, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I had no idea Garry Trudeau was a columnist now... wacky, weird, wild stuff.

The sukkard who took the tommy: A pox on you.

(I think Norm Crosby is wearin off on me).

Posted by: Dik | August 27, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

"All hail the Pac-10, whose conference structure strongly discourages rigged schedules. This year, USC plays six at home, six away, and faces only worthy rivals. USC's schedule is much stronger and a much better test than the cushy-soft skeds of pretenders like Missouri and Florida State. Most other Pac-10 teams also have more serious schedules than their Midwestern and Southeastern counterparts. And will there be a victorious cupcake all may hail? Last year, Michigan hired Appalachian State to come to Ann Arbor and roll over; we remember what happened."

I guarantee the SEC will finish with more games played against Top 25 opponents than the Pac-10, and a better record against Top 25 opponents than the Pac-10. I'm not impressed.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:11 AM

Hmmmm, are we getting a little defensive here Truth?? At least Georgia doesn't schedule two cupcakes.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

karen.

The bible isn't changing any time soon. Odds are if you miss one night if studying it, it will stay the same.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:13 AM

Maybe they can't affort to hire two cupcakes.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Alex, sorry; God comes first. Everything else can wait. This is after all why we have VCR's.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

That was awesome about Sean Taylor whomever that was Zebra,

A couple of things that he said echos the sentiments of how I feel too. I never really gave myself a chance to "get it out" after his passing. It's strange because I really didn't think I could be affected like that by someone I didn't know, and all of us have seen a lot of people pass on that we didn't know personally. I realize there is a certain therapeutic value in talking about it or airing it out which is why I can understand the reason that Cowboys fan wanted to get it out. I don't think Sean will ever stop being talked about on RI. We all miss him very much.

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 27, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

The only thing that could possibly be worse than having a GA fan on here would be a WVU. I guess we can all be happy for that.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

In the 75 year history of the skins I don't think any player was killed, maybe in a war. Not sure on that. I see 21 staying with fans for a generation.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

who has the most annoying fans?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

My case for five pre-season games: What's not to love? Without them, we'd only have 17 weeks of the season. Now we have 22. I'd be willing to go to 10 pre-season games. I'm desparate by late May.

My case for why Karen's a fake: No real person would live in a place where she could only see three Redskins games a year. Parts of the country like that are populated by gnomes, grasshoppers, and alligators. Karen's not one of those, so she must be a fake.

and, while I'm ranting:

My case against people who phone your home while the Redskins game is on TV: This is inconsiderate, churlish, and a sign of bad breeding. Often, they're in-laws from Texas. They deserve to be abused, and they get their just desserts if I have to answer the phone.

Posted by: Motivator | August 27, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Dallas

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Philly, or NE.

Philly because they're just this side of soccer hooligans.

NE because they act like Yankee fans used to act, privledged, if you will.

my .02...

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Well I am including college fans so i may go with all fans of all texas football teams.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

---------------

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

If I'm lucky enough to have kids they'll definitely be annoyed with me reminiscing on Sean Taylor!

I need to stop having favorite Redskins players on D. LaVar was my favorite and Sean Taylor was my second favorite.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I'm not getting rid of Madden '08 just so I can keep ST playing!

It seems so unreal. ...such a waste.

Posted by: Dik | August 27, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

"WVU fan right here check the Heisman voting at the end of the year Pat White #1 greatest duel threat college quarterback of all time.

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 11:28 AM "

Hey Stu, Vince Young called and said "Seriously?"

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Help! Who has "Hail to the Redskins" as a ringtone on their telephone, and how did you get it?

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 27, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

So the starters play one or two series. Isn't that the same as years past for the final preseason game. Or am I missing something.

Posted by: skinswest | August 27, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

++++The confirmation page is killing me, too. That's why I threw 250k out there more as a question than a blogimatum.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:19 AM+++

Do you actually count things like "first" and "Nads" as posts? Or was that 227,227 meaningful posts?

Is the overall leading poster still me?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 11:28 AM

Love Pat White but he'd better win the Nat. Champ if he hopes to take that claim. With Slaton gone and Devine too small to carry the load one of those other backs had better emerge to share the pounding. RR is an @ss but I think you'll miss his play calling.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Nice to see the injury bug biting the girls finally. With all of the good bounces they had last year and the only injury at WR, they should have won 13 games. Can't wait to see them implode!

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Most annoying fans are Dallas or Florida Gators....

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Rich Rod wasn't nearly as bad as the ex-girlfriend West Virgnia. My god, that school needs to get over it already. You gotta have really bad PR to make RichRod look like the GOOD GUY in that mess...

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Is there no practice today since they play tomorrow?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 27, 2008 11:30 AM

TE, I put the "Hail to the Redskins" on my phone memory card and made it my ring tone that way.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Curzon,

Thanks. And about Thursday night: tequila, beer, or lemonade? (More Kool Aid for me, please).

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 27, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Please just compare the stats any of them and it will reveal why Pat is the best college duel threat quarterback. Agreed on the NC but look at the bowl games hes won at georgia against Okla in Arizona. We wont miss a step well spread out the offense pass more and get the ball in more playmakers hands the speed we get through our latest recruits is absurd.

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Beer for Thursday as I work on Friday. Tequila on the 4th since I am off on the 5th. Kool-aid in between.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

HOW TO END PRESEASON INJURY PROBLEM

+++Every team should play the same number of exhibition games and by having the same amount of preseason game time assume the same risks and get the same benefits, at least on paper. (And I agree that four is too many.)+++NATE

Nate--

The NFL will never reduce the profitable numbe of preseason games. Still steps can be taken to reduce injuries to key players.

Here's my suggestion:

EXHIBITION GAME ONE: Rookies and first & second year players only. Same price for tickets, but free gym bag to first 10,000 fans.

GAME TWO: Starters and limited subs must play first half. Second half optional. To encourage sportsmanship, fans must chug beer each time opponent makes a first down. Free Pepto Night.

GAME THREE: Clothing optional night. Free sunblock to first 20,000 fans.

GAME FOUR: SManagers & team employees versus coaches in two hand touch match. Fan Obscenity night. Free balloons and Animal crackers for the kids.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 27, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Ohhh Yeeaaahh!!

Posted by: Kool-aid Guy | August 27, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Note: Greg Williams was unfairly not given the HC job. He is now preparing a defense to knock our QBs into 4 layers of the earth's crust.

Establish the run, stop the run.

Here endeth the lesson.

Posted by: Wyatt Earp | August 27, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Most annoying fans are Dallas fans because they are mostly fair weather and their Dallas fans !!
And UGA fans, because I live in the metro-Atlanta area and they are all a bunch of pseudo-rednecks (that are really upper-upper middle class) always coming up to you saying "How bout dem dawgs" They're like roaches all over this town that you can't stand.

Hail !!

Posted by: Frankfurt J. Goldenrod | August 27, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Stats? Stats?

Time Tebow is the best dual threat QB in the league right now.

Posted by: Herm Edwards | August 27, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

karen.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:13 AM

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. High comedy, Alex...in an irreverent way, of course.

Sorry to hear that Karen...both that you live in KY and that you still use a VCR. DVR is the single greatest thing to happen to me outside of my wedding and the birth of my daughter. The cable bill is high, but who cares? I can skip over Emmitt Smith! You should look into it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Wyatt,

Why are you so worried about GG when he was with us his players never hit the QB. I still think we got the better coach you wait GG will never get a head coaching job.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

GAME THREE: Clothing optional night. Free sunblock to first 20,000 fans.

Do you really want to see the hogetts on game 3?
I Still say play a 2nd team minor league/JV as a pre-season system.

Expand team rosters to 99 players, say they have to designate players to a 2nd team or 1st team.

They can play in the NFL stadiums, keeps cost down some, or if an owner wants to throw down the cash, a different stadium near bye. Start the JV teams season 6-8 weeks before the regular season, have em play 8-10 weeks and then a playoff. teams can call up or send down early in the season as needed.

Then you can have 1-2 preseason games for the pro's, and if done right make more money too.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Tebow isn't dual threat in the original meaning. He isn't that fast, he just lumbers over people.

If I wanted a fast QB to run the option, I'd take White over Tebow. If I wanted to win more games and have a better overall player, I'd take Tebow.

Either way, Stafford has a better pro career when he gets drafted to THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS in two years and leads us to the promised land!!

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

You keep your mouth SHUT kmdp4 !!!
You've been sh*&ting on Gibbs and now your doing it to Grilliams. Go Hang !!

Posted by: OG Barno | August 27, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

White wraps up tebows Season rushing yards in like 3 games. Fact 2 yd qb dive dosent = dual threat QB.

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

and surprisingly no one has said this, but GOOD NEWS about Kelly. Hopefully we'll see what he can do on 1st string, but I doubt it.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Brownwood,
I do try and make sure to get down one blasphemy a day minimum.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

SHUT !!

Posted by: OG Barno | August 27, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Barno,

If the truth hurts to bad.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

+++Bad fans? How is this even a discussion topic? The Eagles' fans from ironically named City of Brotherly Love have a response in unison to this question, "F you, sister!"

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 11:40 AM++++

I'll see your Philly fans and raise you Raider Nation.

Hmmm. I may have just come up with a new Reality Series. "Worst damn Fans in Football."

May the Bloodletting begin....

Posted by: Corkczar | August 27, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

but talking about dual threat QB's, watch out for Logan Grey if Stafford leaves this year! Logan Grey was considered to return punts at UGA cause he's so darn fast, and he's a true dual threat QB! He's gonna be gross when he gets the chance to start!

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

barno, lighten up pal.

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Hail !!

Posted by: Frankfurt J. Goldenrod | August 27, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Wyatt,

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 11:47 AM

I don't know, km...they did say a few years back that Greggggg Williams is the next Bill Belichick. Guy who outright stinks in his first HC job and then becomes a freakin' legend in the second go-round. Of course, that was before the whole cheating thing...

Someone will throw Gregggg a bone. Especially if Jax goes deep in the playoffs.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Just KEEP IT SHUT MAN

Posted by: OG Barno | August 27, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

kmdp4, Skins D under Grilliams:

2007 - 33 sacks
2006 - 19 sacks
2005 - 32 sacks
2004 - 40 sacks

"never hit the QB" seems like a bit of an overstatement, or understatement, or such as...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I don't actually count comments. Loseable Type does that and, given its performance, we might actually be at 10 million posts.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Corkczar | August 27, 2008 11:53 AM

Yeah, it can't be any worse than that ESPN series about "Titletown USA." Quick, get the clicker.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 27, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Brownwood - Thank you. Right now I'm forced to live below poverty level; I unfortunately don't have the money for cable of any kind. Reception for the regular channels is random too, which stinks. I'll manage though.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Not supporting Barno but since when is kmdp4 opinion the undeniable truth ?
Put em on your chin and open up wide.

Posted by: Johnny Big Balls | August 27, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

If you're so afraid of the football players on your football team playing a little football, might as well pack it in and sell some Amway.

Quit coddling these guys, they're not puppies!

Posted by: SMACK | August 27, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

brown, the problem with that logic can be summed up in two words:

Tom

Brady

look it up, Bill is 15 games under .500 when Tommy isn't his qb.

Think about it, if Brady goes down this year, he luster comes off his coaching success. He's a one trick pony, and that pony is named Brady. That team will be lucky to SNIFF .500 if Brady isn't there.

Sorry, I'm not buying the hype...

Williams was a good defensive coach, but he let personal issues cloud his overall perspective.

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

The confirmation should be gone now. They're working on Loseable Type.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 9:42 AM

Wow, that's some POWER! Even Fenty couldn't get anything done that quickly. You're needed in local govt.

Posted by: iCowboyFan | August 27, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I guess consistent top 10 finishes on defense were just not good enough for the malcontent kmdp4.

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 27, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I'm down with OG Barno on that one.

Posted by: Virgil Mudd | August 27, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Karen
You live close to Appalachia, I think thats one of the poorest parts of the US isn't it?

I would love to see a tv series that sticks 32 diehard fans of 32 teams in 1 house, with 1 remote and 1 tv that gets every game. Ah la survivor. Competitions between AFC and NFC sides to see which conference gets the remote.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the props Stu but i had 280 more rushing yards than Tebow last year and 2000 less passing yards. Tebow did all that against SEC opponents while I had Cinci and Uconn to run up on.

Add to the fact that he's a year younger and I think the answer is pretty blatant that not only am I not the greatest of all time but I'm not in the greatest of my time.

having said that I'm a great kid who does and says all the right things and I hope I do well this year.

Posted by: Pat White | August 27, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm still wait for "Sports Guru" to chime in on the dual threat QB discussion with "Jason Campbell's a dual threat--to fumble or throw a pick!" I sent a black van with masked men to go pick him up...won't have to worry about him no more.

On the 'worst fans' list, you HAVE to put Dallas on the list. Especially when so many of them congregate in enemy territory (D.C. area, at Redskin games when the Cowboys aren't playing) and talk sh!t. Completely unacceptable.

Philly fans are just behind them because they're so angry. If the Eagles went 16-0 and won the Super Bowl, they'd be pissed because it wasn't a shut out. Or because Donovan McNabb threw an incomplete pass. I hope they never win a title because there's no fanbase that deserves one less.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Does the "OG" in Barno's name stand for Original Gangsta ?

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 27, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Brownwood26,
Thanks for taking care of Sports Guru,
if you didn't I was going to going to sick Prison Balls on him during his work release.

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 27, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

What do you call Prison Balls freshly paroled ?

Free Balls

Posted by: The T-Bag Committee | August 27, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Alex, Yes I do live in the poorest parts of the nation. Unfortunately. But even if I didn't, I'd probably still have to live in utter poverty because of the SSDI PASS thing. It's extremely complex, but in a nutshell, you have to separate your money, live on next to nothing (rent, food, clothing, utilities, entertainment of any kind, tithes and offerings, etc.), and use the other money you have on helping yourself eventually find better work (school expenses, car upkeep, gas, doctor's visits and medications, etc.). The reason why you do this is to have the government supplement the "other money" and give you medicaid. I'm now in the appeals process trying to get mine approved, and in the meantime to get any money for these months if it is approved, I have to act as if I already have it. It's a screwed up system.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Well, my reign is completly over. This will be my last post ever....

Someone got word out to scout about my 'alleged' reposting of premium articles and now you can't copy them at all. Some type of new internet forcefield around the words that don't let you highlight them.

Sorry guys.........

Posted by: Keim to da Post | August 27, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Karen, thank God for the internet, right? Makes it a whole lot easier to keep up with your favorite team out of town. NFL.com might have streaming video of games, not sure though.

Good point, Greg. But I'm pretty sure ANY team with an elite QB (save for the Bengals, of course) could say that. Would Dungy have a title without Manning?

I just think Belichick got lucky by having good ownership and a great personel guy in Scott Pioli.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Sorry to hear about your plight, Karen. Hope all works out for you and I'll keep you in prayer.

By the way, Greg--I fully agree that Brady is the ONLY reason why the Pats had a nice little run of dominance. That defense was good, but that offense had NO weapons outside of Brady and a couple other guys who didn't pan out elsewhere. Complete smoke and mirrors...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

One, two, seven, number eight (burp), number eight (burp), forty, forty-one, forty-one, forty-one, twohudredthish, one million four hundred thousand, one thousand, 3.14159, chicken potpie, three fitty,...

Posted by: Loseable Type | August 27, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Thanks brownwood. And, yes thank God for the internet, and it's amazing ability to suck time from you when you have (school)work to do.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

brownie, I'd suggest that the high number of Philly, Gints, Cowboys fans at Skins games has a direct correlation to the high number of Skins season-ticket holders who sell their tickets instead of occupying their seats.

This in turn has at least some relationship to the awful game day experience at FedEx -- high chance of inconvenience, misery, and price gouging from the moment you leave your house to the moment you return six or eight hours later.

But I'm just guessing here...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Sorry I should give GG his props. he was a good D cordinator, I am just trying to make the point that we do not need to run and hyde because he is bringing his great defense to Fed-x, as Wyatt would have you do.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Keim;

you can certainly keep linking us to the story. we dont mind giving hits to their site...

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

brown, I'll say this about the pats. I look at Bill Cowher, and see that he was a very successful coach with guys like Neil O'Donell, and Kordel Stewart. There is no way that Belichick is as successful with those two guys running his team.

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

What came out of all that LeCharles Bentley talk yesterday on RI ?

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 27, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Karen, not to get too personal, but are you on disability? My dad is on SSDI after a few strokes and I was just curious.

Good point, Nate. I only go to about 1 game a year because that's all I can tolerate. It's completely unforgiveable in my mind that you can have a team play in the D.C. area and not have Metro access. Ridiculous. Going to the Wizards game is a joy; nice part of D.C., stadium has it's own Metro stop, quality bars/restaurants to check out before/after games. Going the Skins game is utter misery, especially when they have the audacity to lose the game. Hope they get a stadium in the District in the not-too-distant future...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of representing in "enemy territory," freakzilla and I nabbed some sweet tix to the Skins-Seahawks game in November.

Awesome seats, 50 yard line, near the bottom of the upper deck. Thanks, Seahawks season ticket holder who sold those tickets!

And what a lot of trouble we'll surely cause, the two of us! Yes, yes indeed.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I am on disability for my Asperger's Disorder/Syndrome. When I filed I gave them way too much evidence of how I have a supreme tendency to get fired for socially stupid things, which is a direct result of the AS. The other thing that helped me was God, I must give him the real credit here.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 12:26 PM

Kind of a different dynamic there: the Steelers are all about running and playing aggressive D. Doesn't really matter who plays QB when you play like that (see Gibbs 1.0). The Pats pass just about ALL the time and unless I'm mistaken, the Pats run sort of a bastardized version of the WCO.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

What came out of all that LeCharles Bentley talk yesterday on RI ?

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 27, 2008 12:31 PM

With the injury to Saturday look for him to sign with the clots.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

kmdp, I do agree with you to the extent that nobody, nobody is game planning for tomorrow's game. The notion that Grilliams might want to exact some or of revenge or whatever is ludicrous.

He will want to evaluate the dudes on his depth chart, separate the bottom-of-the-roster wheat from the final cut chaff, get everyone off the field without incident or injury, and return to game planning for the Titans. With beer.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Nate,

Thnaks for helping with my point, his starters will be were they belong on the bench.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Every little spark goes toward the implosion!

BENNETT THINKS WITTEN DOESN’T LIKE HIM
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 27, 2008, 12:38 p.m. EDT
The Cowboys already had one of the best tight ends in the NFL in Jason Witten, but they selected another tight end, Martellus Bennett, in the second round of the draft.

So far, Bennett doesn’t seem to have made a great impression on Witten.

Bennett tells Tim McMahon of the Dallas Morning News that when he asked Witten for help early in training camp, Witten gave him a stern message: “I’m not going to be [beep] doing this all the [beep] time. You’ve got to know what the [beep] to do.”

For his part, however, Witten says that Bennett is misreading his attitude toward him.

“He says it all the time: ‘Jason doesn’t like me,’” Witten said of Bennett. “It’s not that I don’t like him. It’s just that I’m letting him figure it out. He’s got to figure it out first.”

Bennett, who was criticized in training camp for everything from struggling to learn the offense to sulking and lacking energy, sounds like he’s still got plenty to figure out.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Saw Bennet on the HBO Hard Knocks, looks like a bad seed, no effort, blowin offf his coaches. Another quality character in the Dallas group.

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

move along X2

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Curz,

I have seen him on the HBO show with the girls, and he is a crybaby. Everytime the coach gets on him he looks like he's going to cry.

It's not Wittens job to teach the kid remember he is after his job.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Wow that's showing how to be a good team player Witten.

Posted by: jm220 | August 27, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 12:36 PM

I call the pat's o' a weird WC Spread Offense. The constant 4-5WR sets make a big impact.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Karen - I am surprised you can post with that kind of class load?

You must be one of those Cyborgs. T2000?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

brown, I guess my overall point is that Bill Belichick was a complete failure until he got the best, most clutch player, possibly, in NFL history. Just leaves him open to question in my mind.

Curz, thats a great story. haha, "jason doesn't like me". Bennett should man up, and dive into the side of Wittens knee when he's in the locker room.

I'm kidding.

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Well CC and FredDav seem to get along okay.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

move along X2

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 12:45 PM

read beep beep.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

The crybaby may be after Witten's job, but think about it. If Witten isn't confident enough in his abilities to help mentor a rookie he needs some serious coaching, or more likely to lose his job to the rookie as punishment. That would be a beautiful sight.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 12:42 PM

Good thing the dude never overslept.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 27, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: stumped | August 27, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Worst fans? Pro-Philly; College-florida. Fans I am most embarrassed by: My fellow Crimson Tide fans. They get a little over the top.

2nd rd bet stats: I'm thinking we need to add a point for making a successful block. They might be doing a lot of that this year.

Posted by: GA_Skinz_Fan | August 27, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 11:15 AM

VCR's are Old Testament, TiVo is New Testament.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 27, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse