Landry Has Calf Injury but Expects to Play

Jason Reid reports:

Strong safety LaRon Landry, who was inadvertently struck in the calf during practice Thursday, was held out of practice today for precautionary reasons but is expected to play Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.

"He's going to be okay," Coach Jim Zorn said.

Landry said he took a knee to the calf and "it's real sore right now, a little swollen," Landry said. "But I'm not worried. It's nothing serious. I'll be all right."

By Cindy Boren  |  December 5, 2008; 1:13 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tuning in Air Vinny
Next: Portis Again a Game-Time Decision

Comments

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | December 5, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

first?

Posted by: chevychasepowhatans | December 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

When I thought about Air Vinny I thought about this...

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Hell be fine. Unlike Springs, he has a weiner.

Posted by: Rypien11 | December 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I'm free, i'm free!

Posted by: not O.J. Simpson / December 5, 2008

Posted by: notguy | December 5, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

From the previous post:

One thing I've never understood is why with all the money Dan has, why he doesn't have the largest group of scouts on the planet. There is no limit on the amount of scouts you can have, I believe, and there is no limit on the amount of money you can spend on those scouts, so build this super network of scouts.....just my .02....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 5, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Good Point, Greg - BTW - Did you check out the "Points" post two posts earlier - I thought it would be all about Bonus Points - A severe disappointment to my day.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | December 5, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Greg,
I also have wondered that. Logic would be more scouts = less teams per scout = more analysis on players = better draft info = better draft results and we can go on.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Hell be fine. Unlike Springs, he has a weiner.

Posted by: Rypien11 | December 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

But last time he had an injury by said weiner there was grapefruit size swelling.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, al, thats pretty much my thoughts as well. Know every detail about every cat coming out of college, height, weight, position, 40 time, bench, EVERYTHING. Leave no stone unturned. I'm just surprised that no one has done this yet.

If you uncover a couple of cats from say Div II, bring them in via the Free Agent/undrafted route, then its more than paid for itself....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 5, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Alright......More Calf Milk from our secondary.

I wish I had a press pass, so I could ask the Zorn the question you boys refuse to ask:

Posted by: keino83 | December 5, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Fletcher is still a problem. I watched him get pancaked on at least 2 occasions by a running back in the backfield during the Giants game. I know he is the leader, but I think they should just let Blades take his place and let the chips fall where they may.

Posted by: periculum | December 5, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

+++Hey Vinny,

Instead of talking about college football, how about watching some games lives and on tape to assess which you'll overrate and then draft?

You could always hire a GM, like the Giants did with Floyd Reese, and devote your time to yakkin' it up with the Redskins disgruntled fanbase.

Wow: field, and not scoring, is what's going to important this weekend. Go figure...

Posted by: MistaMoe+++

Hey, why don't you move to Baltimore if you like them so much? ...How about an occasional glass half full?...why are you such a hater...?

(Thought I'd save the Redskin Park Posters some time)

Posted by: TheCork | December 5, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

++++skins 55 ravens 23

Posted by: dealer1 |

---

70-3 washington

Posted by: alex35332 |+++

To paraphrase Carl Reiner’s late wife, Estelle:

“I’ll have what they’re having…” (and by that I mean, someone cut me a slice of the pharmaceuticals they've acquired, he ones that have sent them to Wackyworld….)

Posted by: TheCork | December 5, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

++++thanks guys, yeah, Kyle Boller. How'd that work out for them?

Genius my eye....

Posted by: BeantownGreg+++ |

Don’t go there, Beans. Skins have wasted two picks on first round QBs since their last SB themselves. (Shuler, Ramsey), and if Campbell doesn’t work out….three.

Let the record show, I think Campbell will work out, but I’m just looking out for you, because Lord knows, someone has to.

Posted by: TheCork | December 5, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

something tells me lisa is a nasty girl...all that muscle milk has gotta go somewhere...

Posted by: dealer1

LMAO! Dealer you know that's just not right.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 5, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

""Why is it that Stephon Heyer has lost his job to injury while his replacement (the guy he beat out in training camp) is playing horribly?"

Posted by: keino83 "

Slow down there, Seabiscuit, you answered your own question.

Why is it that Stephen Heyer has lost his job TO INJURY while blah blah blah

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 5, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Hell be fine. Unlike Springs, he has a weiner.

Posted by: Rypien11 | December 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I think Springs (might) have a weiner, he simply lost his two balls somewhere between Seattle and Ashburn.

"is it frank or beans?!!"

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 5, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

there are 120 something schools in Div 1-A and anther 150 some schools in the lower conferences. why not just hire 1 guy for every 20 schools or so.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

As for the Heyer/Jansen issue - I call it the Hansen Riddle, I can only offer several theories:

1) Heyer is not doing well in practice
2) Jansen has photos of Danny Boy's wife with the entire Bullets starting 5.
3) Jansen has brainwashed Zorn/Bugel like Mugatu did to Derek Zoolander

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 5, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

++++LAS VEGAS - Former football star O.J. Simpson has been sentenced to prison for a botched attempt to recover sports mementos and personal items from two collectibles peddlers.

He will be eligibile for parole in six years.+++

I'll say this for the Juice. Betcha he carves himself the best shiv EVAR!

Be a shame if a citizen decided to make a name for himself by takinghim out. Durn shame.

Bad Karma can be a Beeyotch..but he should have gotten Life.

Posted by: TheCork | December 5, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

alex, agreed, limit the number of schools they have to cover, find out stuff about each guy, is he a 'glass eater', etc.

Cork, my point was that I believe the Ravens spent more than just a first to acquire Boller, like 2 firsts, or something like that. It wasn't just a first round pick IIRC...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 5, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

beep beep.

Also, regarding the prison, where the Juice is being sent, it houses a large contingent of members of the "aryian warriors" gang.

Again, see the thing about karma....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 5, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse