Landry, Thomas, Haynesworth miss practice

One final Thursday, one final Thursday practice. But a few regulars weren't able to participate.

For a second day in a row, coach Jim Zorn held out safety LaRon Landry, who Zorn says is recovering from a minor concussion. It seems less and less likely that Landry will be able to play Sunday.

"It hasn't progressed," Zorn said. "I'll probably hold him out as a precaution."

If Landry can't go, it'd be the first game of his career that he's missed.

Also, receiver Devin Thomas (ankle) and Albert Haynesworth (ankle) both missed practice Thursday.

Zorn said Rocky McIntosh (back) was limited in practice, but he felt the linebacker has made progress.

As for the right guard position, Zorn still doesn't know who will start Sunday.

Paul Fanaika spent some time practicing with the starters on Wednesday, and today Zorn gave plenty of time to Edwin Williams.

Zorn said a decision might be made Friday as to which player will replace injured Mike Williams in the starting lineup.

By Rick Maese  |  December 31, 2009; 3:26 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Carter gets Good Guy Award in media vote
Next: Fletcher fined $10,000 for hit on Crayton

Comments

Good grief. Let's hope Norv sits his stars or Sunday is going to be ugly.

Posted by: RambleOn | December 31, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

I say hope Norv keeps his starters hope we go 4-12 we get a top 5 draft pick.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 31, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

If Landry can't go, it'd be the first game of his career that he's missed.

By Rick Maese | December 31, 2009; 3:26 PM ET

Landry's missed a lot of things in his career, but he's never missed a game.

Posted by: League-Source | December 31, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

No, Andre, you don't get to keep the award but, since you're a good guy, we know you'll understand.

Posted by: Original_etrod

Typical media, famous for short-arming the Check at restaurants, now they stiff the "Good Guy" winner.

Posted by: TheCork | December 31, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Here are my Awards for this Season:

"Just Shut Up Award"- Jason Campbell (like the rest of the team, you haven't done squat...stop whining about "the situation I was put in was not fair"

"Breakout Player of the Year"- Fred Davis. He looks like a guy that will contribute for a long time. He's atheletic, he's got good speed and seemed to have found his hands.

"Surprise Of the Year Award"-Daniel Snyder; Good Work Danny--I didn't think you had it in you to fire your flunk monkey Cerrato and hire a real GM...I'm with ya' buddy.

"B*tch Move of the Year"- Greg Blache no longer addressing the media.

"Fallen From Grace Award"- Mike Sellars

"You Can't Even Do This on Madden Award"- The "Swinging Gate" play...Zorn and Spurrier should go on the "Gong Show"

"Worst Moment of the Season Award"- 7-6 loss to Dallas

"Just Shut Up Award #2"- Brian Mitchell; It's not cool being a 40 something year old man still talking about kicking someone's azz...shut up bro'...loved you as a player though

"The Get the Fugg off RI Award"- That Rofalu dude that spouts that german nazi crap!!!

Happy New Year Ya'll!

Posted by: rickyroge | December 31, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

"Let's hope Norv sits his stars or Sunday is going to be ugly."

Norv's stars (offense):

Philip Rivers

Antonio Gates

Marcus McNeil

Darren Sproles

Vincent Jackson

LaDanien Tomlinson

Funny thing is Marty replaced Norv in DC and Norv replaced Marty in Cali.

I wonder who left the other guy the best scenario?

In any event, it's gonna be an ugly and long ride home Sunday.

Maybe Monday's press conference will brighten things up.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 31, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

So when will Snyder fire Zorn after the SD game?

Posted by: jiacinto | December 31, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

If we go 4-12, we likely get a draft pick between 4-6
If we go 5-12, we probably pick 6-8

Posted by: alex35332 | December 31, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

------------------------------------------

The key here is whether Snyder allows Allen to be the GM with minimal interference.

Posted by: jiacinto | December 31, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

"So when will Snyder fire Zorn after the SD game?"

Actually, isn't this Bruce's job?

I'd say if it was going to happen, the players will have come in, packed up their stuff, had a final meeting with Zorn, and then, when all is silent, the axe falls.

Or will it?

And the hiring is also a good question.

I'd like to take a look at some of the coordinators from a playoff team myself.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 31, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Maybe it will get so bad Sunday that Snyder will fire Zorn right there on the sideline.

Then Snyder can strip Zorn of his headset and red hankie and fulfill his greatest fantasy by coaching the team for the rest of the game.

I see no losers in this scenario.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 31, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

How does JC get the just shut up award when thats the first thing he has said all season rickyroge? JC has done nothing but say all the right things all preseason and season and NOW he's whining?

Posted by: dlp22476 | December 31, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Here are my Awards for this Season:
Posted by: rickyroge | December 31, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

I want to submit a few different selections:

"Just Shut Up Award"- David Donovan, dude you may be a lawyer because of the diploma but every time you open your mouth you fall deeper down the hole. You did no favors for the Skins when you tried to go after Mike Wise.

"Breakout Player of the Year"- Fred Davis was a good choice but I want to go with DThomas, he really came out and showed that he could be a solid player.

"Surprise Of the Year Award"- Orakpo, I knew he was goinna be a starter but that boy has a lot more talent then I expected.

"B*tch Move of the Year"- Vinny "I gave Jim a playoff team", such a b*tch move it got him fired.

"Fallen From Grace Award"- Mike Sellars (agree)

"You Can't Even Do This on Madden Award"- Swing Gate was okay, very college, but I pick going into the season with the line we had, even in Madden you would end up getting crushed.

"Worst Moment of the Season Award"- 17-0 loss to Dallas

"Just Shut Up Award #2"- I give this to the entire crew at 106.7 who covered the same topic of what was going on with the redskins every hour of every day, and despite what the Caps are doing, the Nats off-season the Wiz, all the F***ing focus on is a team that will end the year with a .250 record because not one radio personality that they got in the change was qualified to talk about any other sport.

"The Get the Fugg off RI Award"- I can't put anyone here, I love you guys.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 31, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

I agree...

JC17 is a man's man. He should have blown up months ago if he was so inclined. He has been a professional the whole dimal way through.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | December 31, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Who is David Donovan?

I am out here on the frozen plains and dont get out much..

Posted by: CheyenneWY | December 31, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

My pick for the Shut Up Awards would be Clinton Portis.

Posted by: jiacinto | December 31, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne, I think Donovan is the deuche lawyer/PR guy Snyder trotted out to defend the franchise when the Post broke the store about their suing season ticket holders who had broken their season ticket contracts. Including at least one old lady who had been rooting for the team since the Coolidge administration.

Donovan is a good pick for that one, Alex.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 31, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

My "Break out Performance" goes to Orakpo. Put him at DE full time and I think he could be the single best player on our whole team next year.

Posted by: REXskins | December 31, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

What player should be "the goat".

I would have to say Suisham...who knows what would have happened if we wouldve taken down the Saint powerhouse that day.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | December 31, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

They woulda said on TV "See, any given Sunday any team can win!".

And then we would continue sucking anyway.

Posted by: REXskins | December 31, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Biggest disappointment would have to be Zorn's offense, which I somehow believed would function better in his second year... but it turned out to be just as bad as it was in the second half of '08.

I can't count the O line as a relatively big disappointment since I was so wary of it... just didn't get a lot of confidence from the offseason in which the front office ignored the massive questions about age, health and depth in that unit (aside from bringing back Dock, which was a good move).

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 31, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Happy New Year.

Tomorrow's mandatory football viewing:

Tony Pike v. FL Gators

Pike might be a solid 2nd round q-back pick up.

Folks keep shouting, "Let Campbell go!" but don't get that that means someone has to replace him.

And they don't mention anyone.

The criteria for drafting a future quarterback has to be that the kid as played 3-4 years in an NFL-lite system.

Right now, Jimmy Clausen fits that bill.

I want to see if Pike does against a good, highly motivated SEC team.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 31, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne--I would give that award to Clinton Portis.

Posted by: jiacinto | December 31, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Happy new years skins fans. I give next year a 99% chance to be better for us than this year was.

Posted by: REXskins | December 31, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Rexskins

I actually consider this bad season a blessing in disguise.

Think about it.

We needed to be very bad to have the kind of changes we wanted put in place.

The roster will be blown up a bit and we have a GM.

Now, we are on the road to recovery.

We hope.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 31, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Quit calling Zorn coach and call him by his real title MORON

Posted by: mike1ad | December 31, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Happy New Years you guys!

Here's to a decade filled with over-achieving, talented, smart, determined athletes playing together sporting the burgundy and gold on their way to great accomplishments!

Posted by: edvar | December 31, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

The other point is that, by trading away Campbell, it is all but writing off the next 1-3 seasons.

Posted by: jiacinto | December 31, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

edvar, I'll drink to that--cheers!

Happy New Years everyone!

Posted by: RomoShortball | December 31, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

* beep beep *

new post... it seriously seems like they're trying to beef up thread counts for the end-of-year accounting...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 31, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Who is your "Player you hope doesn't get lost in the new coaching staff roster overhaul"?

For me it's Chris Wilson. Did anybody notice how good things seemed to happen when that guy was playing? If he does get lost in the shuffle, I'm betting his next DC doesn't miss the boat the way I think Blache has.

Posted by: MColeman51 | December 31, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I been a Skins fan for 12 years but this the first time i can remember i wanted them to lose..

Best Case Scenerio

We Lose and Chiefs win= Number 4 pick N da draft..

Posted by: PardenMiSwage | December 31, 2009 8:31 PM | Report abuse