Posted at 12:09 AM ET, 12/20/2010

Landry's injury will keep him off Pro Bowl roster

By Rick Maese

Despite enjoying a comfortable lead in the Pro Bowl voting among fans, safety LaRon Landry will not be headed to his first Pro Bowl this year. The Redskins' talented strong safety was placed on season-ending injured reserve last week, which means his name won't appear on the ballots circulated this week to coaches and players.
The 43-man Pro Bowl rosters are chosen based on votes by fans, players and coaches, with each group's vote counting for one-third of the final total. Among fans, Landry had 174,625 votes, according to the most recent numbers available, well ahead of Arizona's Adrian Wilson, who was a distant second with 91,192 votes. But without the possibility of garnering any support from coaches or his fellow players, Landry will likely be left to watch the game on television.

Today is the final day for fans to cast their Pro Bowl votes at www.nfl.com/probowl. Balloting is open until the conclusion of tonight's Chicago-Minnesota game. Players and coaches will then cast their votes on Wednesday and Thursday, and the teams will be announced next Tuesday.
Of the Redskins, Landry seemed to be best positioned to start in the game, though a couple of his teammates have still fared well in fan voting.
According to last week's voting totals, DeAngelo Hall is still second among cornerbacks, trailing only Green Bay's Charles Woodson (238,595).
Mike Sellers is listed as the second-leading vote-getter among fullbacks. With 115,815 votes, he's well behind New Orleans's Heath Evans (162,597).
At the tight end position, Chris Cooley is fourth in the NFC. His 161,748 votes are considerably less than the total of the top vote-getter, Tony Gonzalez (348,847).
Brian Orakpo, who played in the Pro Bowl last season as a rookie, is fourth in voting at outside linebacker. With 131,274 votes, he trails Green Bay's Clay Matthews (353,981) and Dallas's DeMarcus Ware (219,105) by wide margins.
London Fletcher is fifth (96,152) in the voting among inside linebackers, well behind Chicago's Brian Urlacher (226,693).
Lorenzo Alexander had been listed as high as fourth in the voting this season as a special teams player, but as of last week, he was no longer listed in the top five.

By Rick Maese  | December 20, 2010; 12:09 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Count Rex Grossman's teammates as impressed
Next: Redskins vs. Cowboys: Defense not helped by early breakdowns on special teams, offense

Comments

I feel bad for LL. He was a NFL defensive POY candidate even while playing through the injury.

IR him and Orakpo and build around those two on D.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 20, 2010 12:24 AM | Report abuse

It sounded like defense and kick coverage are what beat the Redskins, not the 3 turnovers by Grossman.

4 TD passes and and 2-2pointers erase that in my book.

Posted by: iH8dallas | December 20, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

this offense is just to smart for mcnabb to learn plain and simple lol and his arm must be shot if rex can out throw that shoelace champ!

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 20, 2010 12:46 AM | Report abuse

4 TD passes and and 2-2pointers erase that in my book.

Posted by: iH8dallas | December 20, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse
-------------------
Everything counts, the good and bad. Maybe that didn't come across on the radio broadcast. But I wonder if Danny Smith stays on next year, he's been uneven for many years now.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 20, 2010 12:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 20, 2010 12:46 AM | Report abuse
----------------
The irony of your poor spelling while talking about people that aren't smart is not lost on us. Well played, warrior!

Posted by: AdamCr | December 20, 2010 12:54 AM | Report abuse

This yr coming up if we wanna stop anybody we need to add at the bery least a nt, n a olb

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | December 20, 2010 12:56 AM | Report abuse

I was wrong about this when the question came up a few weeks ago up here -- I thought because LaRon was on the fan ballot that he had a chance.

Another thing: if DeAngelo starts in the Pro Bowl, that will be a stark reminder of how incredibly stupid the Pro Bowl election process is.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 20, 2010 12:58 AM | Report abuse

Did you watch the game?

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 19, 2010 11:57 PM

Yeah, did you?

Posted by: edvar | December 20, 2010 12:38 AM

Then you probably saw a QB with a career 69 rating throw for 4 TDs, covert 2 2PT coversions and go 4-4 in the red zone.

Blame him for 2 INTs and a fumble by an assist from our favorite OG #78 and then realize that's the best we've seen from that position all season.

He's ONCE again not the answer but realize that McNabb has been a huge part of the problem.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 20, 2010 1:26 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, but if DeAngelo Hall is the #2 vote getter among CBs, that is proof enough to me that the Fan Voting for the Pro Bowl is a farce.

And as night follows day, the Pro Bowl is a farce.

Posted by: TheCork | December 20, 2010 1:45 AM | Report abuse

@ Skin4Life1

Snyder is the one constant the past 11 seasons. He's ultimately responsible for the institutionalized ineptitude of the Redskins.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | December 19, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Sell, Danny, sell!

Needs a whole new culture. From the top down. Maybe needs a new name and location - L.A. Boat People?

Posted by: BigTrees | December 19, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you both are kidding. So many fans had complained for years that Danny needed to not be so involved in the inner workings of the teams' decision making and this year he did just that. At the beginning of the season, he got all this praise for it and, from what I've seen, he's stuck to that pretty well this whole season. If he's hands-off, how can you blame him? He signs checks for under-performing, ungrateful players that you or I could never afford to pay only to try to win games for the team he loves just like you. You know he wants to win the Superbowl badly because his investment would payoff way more than it already does.
Give the Shanahan's and Haslett a few years to get the right guys for their schemes and some experience under their belts before you break out the gallows. No one thought we were going to the playoffs from even before the season started, so why be this bitter? Patience, my friends. We WILL get there!!

HTTR

Good night

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | December 20, 2010 2:14 AM | Report abuse

More good news.

The New ORleans Times-Picayune reports that it is likely Jaamal Brown, the oft injured, no better than average OT they traded to the Redskins will end up costing the 'skins a 3rd rounder in this year's draft. ('skins get a 5th rounder in change).

The reasons are complicated and have to do with McNabb now being only a 4th rounder to Philly (plus last year's 2nd).

But chalk it up as yet another fine trade.

Posted by: TheCork | December 20, 2010 2:40 AM | Report abuse

Well your an idiot considering the offense played better today then they have all year.

Poor McNabb the Shanny's ruined his career give me a f_ing break had he played better he would still be playing.

Notice how today we didn't waste one timeout like we have in every other game this year. Notice how we had no delay of game penalties.

This was the most entertaining offensive game I have witnessed all year from the Skins.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 19, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

You are misunderstanding me because I totally agree that Grossman in the second half looked as good or better than Mcnabb at his best this year. I was expressing my displeasure at the way Mcnabb was sold to me, not at his benching, which I don't really care about. I think we would have won if Mcnabb played though honestly. I think Rex is underrated and Mcnabb is overrated, but Mcnabb still gives us the best chance to win in my opinion. Grossman looked great, but I think that's more of a testament to how horrible Dallas's pass D is than anything else. I was trying to express my appreciation for Shanny not caring about Mcnabb's feeling and doing what he feels his right. I think that's a good idea, we need to crush a lot of the ego's on this team.

Posted by: bosshog7169 | December 20, 2010 5:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | December 20, 2010 2:14 AM |
------------

makes you wanna cry

Posted by: hessone | December 20, 2010 6:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 20, 2010 1:26 AM

Think you misread edvar's post.

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 20, 2010 7:22 AM | Report abuse

@ Skin4Life1

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | December 19, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Sell, Danny, sell!

Posted by: BigTrees | December 19, 2010 1:42 PM |
------------

dead horse material

Posted by: hessone | December 20, 2010 7:31 AM | Report abuse

lmao adamcr too* good catch I had to read over it a couple times just now that one was on me dumb mistake! me and mcnabb went to the same school lmao normally my phone does stupid stuff like if I put RE for right end it will put aRE LOL palms must love randle el

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 20, 2010 7:53 AM | Report abuse

I have not read every post from the post-game comments, but of those I have read, I have seen no mention of the open field drop by Moss at the end of the game which resulted in the Dallas D opening a can of whoop-arss on the offense during the Skin's second to last possession. Had Moss caught the easy ball he may have had clear sailing to the end zone, and if not clear sailing, at least the offense would have been operating from about mid-field as opposed to being backed up around the 20. In my opinion, while the Skins were in the midst of a valient come-back, Moss' drop killed the drive and almost any chance of a comback.

Posted by: dmr0834 | December 20, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Sucks about Landry. Hopefully he can take Kareem Moore under his wing in the offseason and introduce him to weight lifting and tackling. Sounded like Orakpo is going to be done for the season as well, so probably no pro-bowl for him, either.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 20, 2010 8:04 AM | Report abuse

I enjoyed yesterday's game and my belief in the HC and GM are as strong as ever.

I want my coach to be a dick. I want my coach to ruffle the feathers of players. I don't want my coach to be buddy-buddy with players. Tom Coughlin was about to be run out of NY on a rail until they started winning. I guess one man's tyrant is another man's disciplinarian. There are only about 8 or 9 players on this team worth keeping so I couldn't care less what happens to the others. I would, on a personal note, be willing to trade Fletcher ANYWHERE he wants to go if it can be worked out. Let that man go win somewhere - he's more than earned it.

I have been saying this all year. There weren't any QB's last year worth drafting outside of Bradford. This year, the Skins will draft a QB 1000%. Beck or Sexy Rexy can run the offense for a year because this team isn't going to win next year either. Get rid of the old farts and bring in some of the right young personnel (zone-blocking linemen and 3-4-type defensive players) and push ahead.

I was entertained yesterday. Yes, it's sad that it's come to that. Whatever. NO ONE can say this team quit and that's ALWAYS a direct reflection of the coaching staff.

Color me pleased.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | December 20, 2010 8:05 AM | Report abuse

Five Thoughts: Cowboys 33, Redskins 30

By: John Keim

1. Rex Grossman has played well before » In 2006, Grossman opened the season by throwing 10 touchdowns and only four interceptions in the first five games. He was rolling. Then he threw four interceptions, followed by a three-touchdown game followed by a three-interception performance followed by a three-touchdown game.

See a pattern?

So he’s capable of doing well, especially when facing a weak passing defense like Dallas. And then he plays poorly. So it’s hard to gauge what his outing today meant other than he could help you in a pinch (or hurt you). And it means that this offense is capable of producing. This was also the second worst pass defense Washington has faced this season (according to league rankings).

Today he mostly helped, after some ugly throws early in the game. But with Dallas not applying a lot of pressure, Grossman was able to get into a rhythm. Aside from a couple throws – the deep ball to Anthony Armstrong for example – Grossman appeared to give his receivers better chances to run after the catch. Donovan McNabb did not always do this. Of course, some of those passes came on screens that were well-designed and caught Dallas in blitzes (as on Ryan Torain’s 20-yard catch and run). Credit Kyle Shanahan for those. Grossman made a couple bad throws – his interception was classic Rex and he’s lucky it wasn’t returned for a touchdown. The last one? He tried to sneak one over the top to Chris Cooley and simply failed. But it was the right pass.

Maybe this game said more about McNabb than Grossman, though it’s really hard to guess what he would have done. Four touchdowns, 30 points? Not guessing that one. I was surprised at the emphasis on the pass early in the game, thrusting a guy who has barely played in two years into a playmaking role right away. After a while, they had no choice but to pass and that helped Grossman find a rhythm. And he did make it a fun game to watch; helped lead a rather resilient bunch to a near win.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 20, 2010 8:08 AM | Report abuse

2. Grossman’s footwork made a difference » He’s not the most nimble, and it’s really hard to pay attention to this until watching the game again, but on throws where I did watch, his footwork was solid. That’s a big, big issue with McNabb but, for example, on the touchdown pass to Chris Cooley, Grossman was forced to slide left. However, he kept a good base and it helped him deliver an accurate pass to Cooley. And speaking of Cooley, he once again was a non-factor for nearly three quarters. But he finished with five catches, including four in the fourth quarter.

More importantly, he was a factor in the red zone. Before Sunday, Cooley had unofficially been targeted seven times in the red zone – out of 50 passes. That’s ridiculous. Today, he caught a five-yard pass and a two-point conversion. Because he was a factor, LB Keith Brooking flew at Cooley on the two-pointer, even though I doubt it was his responsibility. That opened the way for a wide-open pass to Mike Sellers.

Grossman did not spread the ball around a great deal, with 23 of his 25 passes going to four receivers. A week ago McNabb hit eight different guys. Doesn’t always mean a lot. Really, it’s about hitting the right guys at the right time and giving them a chance to run with the ball. That led to more consistency than during McNabb’s 13 games. Again: one game vs. a bad defense. But it’s all we have to go off of right now.

Oh, and I’m not blaming Santana Moss for this loss just because he dropped a pass. Would have helped, yes, but he made other plays. Many contributed to the loss (his blocking is another matter).

3. Mike Shanahan is not validated by Grossman’s day » Listen, Shanahan will be measured by the record. And the Redskins are 5-9 staring at another double-digit loss season. Do you really want a moral victory against a team now with five wins? Shanahan put together both sides of the ball, not just offense.

Shanahan’s decision to “evaluate” Grossman certainly led to a good offensive showing. It didn’t lead to a win. I understand why he made the move and I get that McNabb wasn’t playing well; it would have been even worse had he made the switch while they were in playoff contention. I’m stunned it reached this point. And it was his decision to trade two picks for a quarterback whom they thought they could change.

As well as Grossman played, the quarterback of the future likely isn’t on the roster. So what did today prove and what does it mean? Today just proves that Grossman could be effective, and then some, in a pinch. And that the offense does work (though they have to show that for a period of weeks to really prove that). But I think we already knew the offense worked; it’s just that it hasn’t worked consistently with the talent they have.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 20, 2010 8:11 AM | Report abuse

4. Both defenses need a lot of work » Which would you rather have? A defense with all its starters that can’t stop anyone or a defense missing starters, but one that’s aging and in dire need of major upgrades at several spots to be effective? Take your pick because that’s what we have in Dallas and Washington, respectively.

The Cowboys have now allowed 30 or more points eight times this season. Wow. Their D is the reason I picked them to win the division for crying out loud. And they have no excuses because they’ve been healthy, unlike the Redskins, who are also transitioning to a 3-4. By the way, it’s not the 3-4 that is failing it’s the personnel. Their options behind Kedric Golston were 37-year old Phillip Daniels, still fine in a limited role, and 35-year-old Vonnie Holliday. When Rocky McIntosh was hurt, they turned to H.B. Blades. So there are three backups who aren’t future starters.

So they not only need better starters, they need more depth. Another thing I wonder: has Lorenzo Alexander worn down? He hasn’t looked as spry in space as he did earlier in the season. He missed several plays today in space, on runs and throws, that he seemed to make in the first part of the season.

I’ll cut the Redskins a little slack today considering the field position Dallas had, but they only forced two punts, caused no turnovers and allowed 434 yards. They only allowed three touchdowns out of seven trips in the red zone. But seven trips is an awful lot.

The injuries played a role; when Reed Doughty went out they lost their ability to use both safeties near the line – and Doughty is better up here than Kareem Moore. Doughty and Carlos Rogers were effective on blitzes off the edge. Brian Orakpo’s absence I guess hurt, but he had a quiet day and was burned on the wildcat flea flicker. Oh, and Anthony Bryant had his moments at nose guard but he’s not the answer either. Seems like every other play he stands up and that leads to problems.

5. DeAngelo Hall needs to play smarter » This is a hard one because DeAngelo Hall is always praised for his instincts. Going for the ball is what he does well. So it’s now hard to criticize him when he should have done the opposite. Sort of like asking a guy who is aggressive to not always be that way; hey, they are who they are.

But his instincts at times should tell him he has no chance at the pick. Last week vs. Tampa Bay, he messed up by thinking a pass would be overthrow and he could pick it off. Instead, the Bucs gained valuable yards for a field goal. Today, Hall messed up on a pass to Jason Witten. He really had no shot at the ball, yet tried for the pick anyway. Witten scored easily. If Hall makes the tackle, Dallas attempts a field goal. Think those four points mattered today? Big plays help defenses, no doubt. So, too, do small ones. Maybe this falls under the category of trying to do too much. Hall also allowed a touchdown catch. Not a good day.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 20, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse

That's what happens when you take the time to study and learn the playbook. Donovan has had to learn 1 playbook essentially for 11 years. Apparently McNabb was either incapable or reluctant to learn young Kyle's playbook. Either way it speaks volume to what the Shanahans knew in week 6 that McNabb wasn't the classy, professional QB everyone (including the Shanahans) thought he was when trading for him. I'm sure during the interview process that McNabb assured Mike that he was willing to learn the new system right? I mean you don't trade for unless you get those assurances? Donovan doesn't say, no fool, I have my own playbook right? Well Donovan, thank you for duping us. Way to take the extra time needed to be familiar with the playbook. Taking the extra time needed with Kyle to learn the system that has Matt Schaub a top 10 QB and the Texans a top offense. Thanks for fooling us you fraud. Take your classy and uber professional talents elsewhere, hopefully a division rival so Rex Grossman can light you up and show you how to run the offense, the way you should have.

Posted by: JSchon1 | December 20, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

entertaining...sure...but end result was still the same...ah well....such is life for a Redskins fan...tepid enthusiasm replaces actual hope...gotta say I was impressed by BJ Raji/Matt Flynn/Packers in general last night...Raji can hold the point, and a couple times manhandled Mankins....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 20, 2010 8:24 AM | Report abuse

Once again, our DLine sucks and gave up way too much ground in the running game. I know they stopped Dallas in the redzone on a couple of the drives, but forcing more 3 and outs means they won't have to be like a rat in the corner and have to come up with a major stop down there.

The OLine has blocked a little better in the last couple games, which tells me the DLine problems are the BIGGEST need in the offseason. Sure, both G positions need to be upgraded, but there's something to be said about chemistry and playing alongside someone for an extended period of time! Bigger stronger DE's and a mountain of a man at NT in the offseason, 'Monk it down!'.

Posted by: monk811 | December 20, 2010 8:26 AM | Report abuse

Did anybody else scratch their head when Michael Strahan said at halftime that the Redskins/Shanahans had "humiliated" McNabb by having him represent the team for the coin toss? He was voted a captain by his temmates. Captains go out for the toss. Further, does anybody think Shanahan would've cared if McNabb had expressed reluctance to go out for the toss. I know it's a broadcaster's job to make the story more interesting, but SEARCHING for an offense like that highlights his bias.

My guess is that McNabb was perfectly willing to represent at the coin toss. Why not?

Posted by: MColeman51 | December 20, 2010 8:27 AM | Report abuse

Color me pleased.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | December 20, 2010 8:05 AM

So let me get this straight...seeing Rex Grossman play a decent game makes you happy? You feel good knowing he could give you basically the same thing McNabb could? You're cool with the fact that we basically GAVE a 2nd and a 4th round pick to a division rival that--in case you haven't noticed--doesn't need the help? It's OK in your mind that we have THE EXACT LAUNDRY LIST OF NEEDS AS LAST OFFSEASON and 3 less picks to to fill those holes?

You'll exuse me if I don't share in your enthusiasm...moral victories are for September...I expect improvement in December and we haven't seen that AT ALL...

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 20, 2010 8:27 AM | Report abuse

I'm thinking of Jammal Brown more and more as a backup left tackle. I hope Shanny realizes he still needs to find 4 starters there.

Posted by: Pepper5 | December 20, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

brownwood26,
Thanks once again for the Keim post. His are the best football articles I ever see on WaPo.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 20, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

ha, brown, nicely played, I just don't have the angst any longer...great, Rex played an ok game, stats are for losers/fantasy geeks...they still lost the game, so the end result was the same.......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 20, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 20, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 20, 2010 8:27 AM | Report abuse

You haven't seen improvement? How about a change at QB that gave this offense some life. How about a running game that can gain 10 yard bursts at will. Even this crappy Oline is playing better. AA is turning into a #2. Kevin Barnes had a good game yesterday. The kind of 'improvement' that you are looking for is unrealistic right now, these new schemes will take baby steps. The rest of the improvement won't happen until more players are purged from this roster and some talented youth is brought in.

Posted by: monk811 | December 20, 2010 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Color me pleased.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | December 20, 2010 8:05 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 20, 2010 8:27 AM |

Hey Brown, I'm not concerned with your little laundry list. You sound like a total 'tard trying to tell me what I'm thinking by my comment that I am pleased with the GM and the HC.

This team wasn't going anywhere without a true GM - we have that now. This team wasn't going to go anywhere without a proven HC - we have that now.

That's all I said. Go split hairs with someone else. You taking me to task on on opinion that I've held all year is pretty stupid. It's the main part of changing this team the right way.

Go piss on your own corn flakes asshat. Also, since you're clearly not sophisticated to pick this up in the coach's comments, this draft pick/Mc5 scenario was not a Shanny move and I don't even think it wan an Allen move - This was a "Snyder doesn't want JC anymore" move.

Dude, is it that hard to see? Go have another cup of coffee or something.

You can go have a crappy morning but I am pleased with what I saw and Shanny is going to get this team back to winning within 2 years. That alone is going to be an AMAZING achievement.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | December 20, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Worst coaching move of the week ironically was the firing of Hunter Smith. His successor contributed mightily to the poor field position in the first half. Best coaching move obviously was the benching of a player who believed he was the "franchise" by birthright. His agent's remark that "McNabb was the voice of the NFL" still resonates with me in a sickening way.

Is Grossman going to be the saviour of 2011? Likely not, but he will a good placeholder, who will actually run the offense. McNabb was given ample opportunity to prove his worth, no one can deny that.

The biggest issue will be reconstructing a defense. This unit really is shattered, with players who are not able to even master tackling 101. We will have a hard time restocking the defense with the meager draft choices(not to mention the upgraded needed at every offensive position except tight end).

Posted by: driley | December 20, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Gee, some days it seems like the Redskins have so many holes they will never get them all plugged.

-I like Barnes at free safety better than Moore. Granted, the kid is new to the spot, but he is not afraid to make a tackle, which is a step up from Moore. Of course, this adds questions to the depth at corner, of which the questions are legion.

-Linebacker depth is a worry because there is not much out there if the starters get hurt. Chris Wilson hasn't been half as good as I thought he would be. HB Blades is a slower, less physical version of London Fletcher. Riley is just a guy.

-Is there another receiver on the roster besides Moss and Armstrong? I was expecting Austin and Banks to get more shots, but nada. Are these guys just not that good or have they been benched by situation?

-I wouldn't annoint Grossman quite yet. Though I think he proved that McNabb wasn't all that we thought he could be, the end result was still a loss. A QB has to win above all else. Campbell could put up good stats, but he couldn't close the deal. Let's see the Beck audition.

-The team needs to get younger on the defensive line. Would like to see them get real young there next year. Although a 3-4 nose tackle is tough to find and expensive to keep, 3-4 defensive ends are different ball of twine. I would expect to see a ton of guys lining up for the shot next year. Daniels and Holiday have been good fill-ins but the team should say thanks for the memories in the offseason.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 20, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

What really made me sad yesterday was when the team called for "Ambassador Strong Left" and they had to play it without the ambassador.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 20, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

HELP OAKLAND RAIDERS, #26 STANFORD ROUTT to his FIRST PRO-BOWL... VOTE HIM IN... Not the most NFL Player yet but He's having his best season and STANFOR ROUTT has THE LOWEST COMPLETION % among ALL NFL CORNERBACKS... VOTE for him and your other favorite players, OAKLAND RAIDERS and others... Click here... http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?icampaign=HP_CP_PB_ballot&module=News_CP
CLICK on... DEFENSE, CORNERBACKS, scroll all the way down to AFC and check the Routt, Stanford Oakland Raiders box then the SUBMIT BALLOT BLUE BOX. Scroll back up and do it again and again and again... We need 250,000 votes...
PLEASE VOTE AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN OR WANT! GOOD LUCK STANFORD from your SUPER BOWL HOTELS provider... www.14sb.com!

Posted by: Sportsgirl | December 20, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sportsgirl | December 20, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sportsgirl | December 20, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

who cares, Wizards stink, Caps (r stinking), Nats stink and of course Deadskins are well, deadskins

great time to be a DC sports fan.

Snyder needs to move this team so DC can have a stadium again in DC and just opened an expansion team

the deadskins are cursed!

Posted by: datruth21 | December 20, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Generally respected as a good coach, Mike Shanahan is gradually loosing some respect; first, for thinking that Philly will honestly hand him a winner in Mcnabb, who was truly washed up. Then he sees or knows some hidden, magical talent that Rex Grossman posses, the talent is so hidden that even Rex cant seem to find it. Am second guessing this man.

Posted by: zimife1999 | December 20, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

mcjokes iq must be lower than 115 cause rex understands this offense better than he could ever! I'm surprised he can even READ. . . A defense! My iq is 139 on a standard iq test! Wonder what adamcr's iq since he is that smart that he thinks *to is spelled wrong??? But it's a grammar issue of too not spelled wrong! Wonder if that's mcnabbs handle?? Lmao lmao some ppl have way too much time on their hands

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 20, 2010 11:33 PM | Report abuse