Posted at 1:30 PM ET, 12/10/2010

Shanahan: No decision yet on whether Carlos Rogers, LaRon Landry will play vs. Buccaneers

By Rick Maese

Cornerback Carlos Rogers and safety LaRon Landry both had limited participation in the Redskins' final practice of the week on Friday, but Coach Mike Shanahan doesn't know whether either will be able to play Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Shanahan wants to see both players on Saturday before determining whether either is able to take the field against the Bucs. Landry has missed the past three games due to an Achilles injury, and Rogers has had to sit for two of the past three games because of ailing hamstrings.

"They're going to have to go full speed and show me their full speed in order for them to have a chance to play," Shanahan said.

Running back Ryan Torain was again able to practice fully and will be ready to play Sunday against the Bucs, the coach said.

"No setback this week," Shanahan said of Torain, who hasn't played since Oct. 31 because of a hamstring injury.

Shanahan said he also expects safety Kareem Moore to be ready Sunday. Moore has been bothered by a knee and his biceps. Macho Harris took most of the practice reps at free safety on Wednesday and Thursday, but Shanahan said Moore was able to participate in Friday's practice and will be good to go against the Bucs.

By Rick Maese  | December 10, 2010; 1:30 PM ET
Categories:  Carlos Rogers, LaRon Landry
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kyle Shanahan, Raheem Morris, share bond
Next: Practice squad call-up coming for Redskins

Comments

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I'd be madder if Snyder wasn't a fan. I know he's got the best of intentions for this team, and he is still a relatively new owner, but he's got to learn that his old way isn't cutting it!!!

I hope he's a man of his word and sits back and let's Shanahan/Allend try to run this team, without interfering. Now let's just hope they make the right decisions on who to draft and bring in during FA.

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Gibbs did 4 of 5 years, Zorn did 2 of 3, Shanny's in 1 of 4, I don't think he will be given the time it takes to do it "his way", which is why he needed to incorporate ANY current talent.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

That 16-13 OT win against the Titans 3 weeks ago was one of those games where you're just happy it ended in a W. It was atrocious to watch, much like the 9-7 Rams game last year.

Posted by: Alan4 | December 10, 2010 1:24 PM

Must disagree. I was excited about the win over the Titans.

That Rams game is the only time in my life where, after a WIN, I've felt like I was kicked in the gut. Now, let us never speak of it again.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 1:38 PM

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Gibbs wasn't fired...come on.

Posted by: PlayAction | December 10, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

I see why Zorn only did 2 of 3 years, he sucked and never should have gotten the OC job let alone the Head Coaching job!

Gibbs and Shanahan are different. Gibbs had the option to stay his last year, the death of Taylor and that emotional playoff run took it's toll on an old man, otherwise Snyder would have let him stay, in fact if Gibbs wanted to sign a new contract Snyder would have given it to him! I the same goes for Shanahan. No way Snyder fires him before his contract is up, there's better odds Personal_Fowl marries a black woman!

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Moore has been bothered by a knee and his biceps.

My biceps have been bothering me, too. They're always getting in the way and women are always coming up wanting to feel them.

Makes it darn near impossible to get anything done.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I know this may open a can of worms but.... as of today, with the way he is playing, who would you rather have: Donovan McNabb or Jay Cutler?

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Zilla you should look into Bicep Reduction Surgery.

Posted by: PlayAction | December 10, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 1:51 PM

Steve Young

Posted by: PlayAction | December 10, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 1:45 PM

Gibbs earned it in B&G. Shanahan hasn't earned it yet for this team. If Skins finish badly this year and start off badly next year, or goes around 8-8 next year and doesn't improve the year after, I really don't think he's safe.

Snyder has an itchy trigger finger.

Posted by: Alan4 | December 10, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

My gut says Snyder has learned his lesson and will ride things out with Shanahan.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Snyder has an itchy trigger finger.

Posted by: Alan4 | December 10, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Very true, but my point was about comparing those 3 coaches. Zorn was a scrub, and Gibbs and Shanny are HOF or future HOF coaches, Snyder has been having wet dreams of this guy coaching his team for years, he'll DEFINATELY last his contract, maybe even get an extension.

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 1:51 PM
-----------------------------------------
I'm going with the open can of worms.

Actually, couldn't imagine either one having that great of a season with an o-line that cannot block, limited talent at wide receiver and running-back-by-last-man-standing. I would imagine they are both equally adept at lying on the turf crying for someone to just get in front of a defender every once and a while.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 10, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 1:51 PM

Steve Young

Posted by: PlayAction | December 10, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Heath Shuler

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 1:51 PM

Steve Young

Posted by: PlayAction | December 10, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Heath Shuler

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 2:04 PM
-----------------------------------------
Playing quarterback or playing politics?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 10, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

I'm going with the open can of worms.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 10, 2010 2:02 PM
___________________________________________

Yea, I think our O line and WR woes are pretty comparable to the Bears. But Jay is still making plays, when Mc5 is not.

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Bears defense is much better right now...big difference in what you can do as an offense.

Posted by: PlayAction | December 10, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Cutler vs. McNabb?

McNabb. Maybe if Cutler gets a haircut, we'll talk.

Freakin' hippie.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

the point is coaches don't finish what they started here, snyder

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Hurts to say but Cutler for me.

When you factor in that he knows Shanahan's offense, is considerably younger, and Shanahan knew how to handle him, it's kind of a no brainer.

And btw...the Chicago O-Line is no peach, so dude obviously can produce with a sketchy line like ours.

Having said that I despise Jay Cutler's attitude in general.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 10, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Cutler is winning with a shoddy line, and no wr's

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Playing quarterback or playing politics?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 10, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

We've seen the train wreck that was his play on the field, I'll settle for his politics!

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | December 10, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

they bought a dominant D lineman AND UTILIZED HIM

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Having said that I despise Jay Cutler's attitude in general.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 10, 2010 2:17 PM

Right, that's what I'm saying. His hair is a great big "F YOU!" to the world.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

pretty sure the Bears O line is ranked 32nd

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Having said that I despise Jay Cutler's attitude in general.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 10, 2010 2:17 PM

Right, that's what I'm saying. His hair is a great big "F YOU!" to the world.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Have you seen that Tom Brady bum?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Having said that I despise Jay Cutler's attitude in general.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 10, 2010 2:17 PM

Right, that's what I'm saying. His hair is a great big "F YOU!" to the world.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Have you seen that Tom Brady bum?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, what a punk. What does Gisele see in him? His cum has to taste like chocolate or something!

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Have you seen that Tom Brady bum?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:27 PM

Yup. If he ever set foot in a barber shop he might make something of himself.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 10, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Why monk, why?

As happened when NPI/PF referenced gargling the bodily fluids of a local news gal, I must now leave the blog for the weekend to cleanse my soul.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 10, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Peytons hair could be 3 feet long and still not touch his ears

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Hurts to say but Cutler for me.

Having said that I despise Jay Cutler's attitude in general.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 10, 2010 2:17 PM

Chicago adjusted it's offense. They rely more on a rushing attack and they are more of a ball control passing offense than a Martz team usually is. Give Martz credit. He noticed what wasn't working, and changed course.

Posted by: TWISI | December 10, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Purely for entertainment purposes, am trying to make sense of this article.

(I also need to phone my bookie pretty soon too.)

Now we all know the coach tends to be a bit economical with the truth, especially when it comes to injury reports.

So my challenge to you to help me separate the fact from the fiction.

Where exactly do you figure Shanny is lying, and where is he telling the truth?

Is it when he says:

a. He hasn't already ruled out Landry and Rogers for this weekend's game
b. He really doesn't know if they're going to be ready to go on Sunday
c. He wants to evaluate them again on Saturday to see if they're "ready to go full speed"
d. He also expects Torain and Mooore to be good to go on Sunday
e. All of the above

Have already figured the winners and losers for the weekend -- at issue, however, is the point spread.

Posted by: Vic1 | December 10, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Peytons hair could be 3 feet long and still not touch his ears

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Peyton looks like Frankenstein without the pegs coming out the neck, and Eli looks like a retarded kid who missed the short bus.

Posted by: monk811 | December 10, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Take a look at this guys. The person had some good ideas for the Skins 2011 FA offseason targets.

Out of them I think the Skins should def. try getting Mike Sim-Walker, Ryan Kalil A 25 year old CENTER from the panthers!

Tamba Hali is interesting b/c rember the Chiefs let Jared Allen go a while back, Tamba would be great across from Rak.

We would have to pray and hope the Ravens don't resign Haloti Ngata. If available, he needs to be the first person we throw money at. They did draft Mount Cody last year...you never know.

I was suprised the guy didn't put VJ83 on the list. But if we are able to get a Center, at least 1 WR, a NT, and a pass rusher, then our 1st round pick becomes a best talent available type of thing. That includes QB.

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 1:51 PM

DMac. JCutler is a self-centered jerk, no leadership ability. I'd rather have JCamp than JCut.

Posted by: frediefritz | December 10, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Its this guy on bleacher report that made a top 10 saftey list and Laron Landry is not on it! That is crazy. If were to make a list my top three would be

3. Landry
2. Ed Reed
1. Troy

Posted by: roccoskins | December 10, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

more Macho Sunday and less Moore

Posted by: coparker5 | December 10, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

they bought a dominant D lineman AND UTILIZED HIM

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 10, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse
---------------------------

We've heard your defense of Haynesworth ad nauseum for the past week. I get it. You love Haynesworth and hate Shanahan.

Just don't use the friggin Bears and Peppers to support your point, because Tank Johnson and Lance Briggs ripped a Super Bowl team apart and Cutler was pummeled last year.

But they didn't over react. They got rid of Johnson, told Briggs to shut up, had plan A die on them (Gaines Adams), got a great offensive mind in place, 'bought' Peppers, and what do you know... they still struggled at points this season.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | December 10, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse