Larry Foote: 'I want to be a Cardinal '

The Redskins search for a new linebacker could last a bit longer. Free agent Larry Foote spoke to reporters in Arizona today and said the Cardinals are his first choice, according to the Arizona Republic.

Foote visited with the Redskins earlier this week but did not sign a contract. He arrived in Arizona yesterday, and both he and linebacker Joey Porter are meeting with the Cardinals today.

"I'm begging. I want to get back to a winner," Foote said. "I feel more comfortable with a 3-4 [defense]. Pittsburgh wants me back, but I want to be a Cardinal and hopefully we can get it done. First of of all, they're winning. I know [Cardinals Coach Ken Whisenhunt]. I know his pedigree, what type of coach he is, the talent they have here. They have a good chance of going back to the Super Bowl."

The Cardinals made a late bid on Foote last year, but Foote opted to sign with his hometown Detroit Lions. Foote played in a 3-4 defense in Pittsburgh prior to that, and the Cardinals just lost their inside linebacker Karlos Dansby.

Foote was asked today about Washington and said the Redskins are still in the hunt, though he was clearly more enthused about the Cardinals.

By Rick Maese  |  March 11, 2010; 3:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Larry Foote still remains squarely on Redskins' radar screen
Next: Shanahan's message -- to Portis and others -- comes through clearly

Comments

I want to be a pope, but no one wants to pay me that much.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Think about Elway throwing to Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, & Roger Craig instead of Vance Johnson, Ricky Nattiel, Mark Jacskson and Sammy Winder.

Also, Bill Walsh > Dan Reeves

Look what happend when Shanahan, Rod Smith, Terell Davis, Shanon Sharp and Ed McCaffery showed up.

You can't hold it against Elway that he didn't have any weapons until late in his career.

Elway vs Montana is a wash in my book.

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 11, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

"I'm begging. I want to get back to a winner," Foote said.

Really endearing himself to folks at the Park with this one.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Funny how since the Skins seem to have tightened to purse strings, a lot of guys are walking.

Posted by: Alan4 | March 11, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

I wanted the skins to sign you but now not so much. If you want to play for a winner why did you sign with detroit last year. I know your last name is foote but these comments make me want you to take your a$$ to AZ.

Posted by: krichardson7777 | March 11, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Not sure how 'Zona is gonna get to the SB w/out a qb.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

"I'm begging. I want to get back to a winner," Foote said.

Foote's agent proably threw up in his mouth when he said that.

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 11, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Mike Florio
March 11, 2010, 3:27
Ryan Lilja is about to join a growing list of players who will make a trip to the DC Area to pay the Redskins a visit. Since being released by the Colts, Lilja has generated little interest, despite being only 28 years old. Known more for his pass blocking skills than his run blocking skills, in this instance the Redskins, having the worst offensive line in the league, can't be choosy.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

With Kurt Warner gone?

Good luck with that A-hole

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 11, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Foote signed with Detroit last year because he's from Michigan and wanted to play for his hometown team.

Posted by: C-DubDC | March 11, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

whose the best backup QB in the NFL, today?

(no Campbell bashing)

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 11, 2010 3:07 PM

Leftwich ... but you said backup, like only finishing the game ... not starting the next week.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

"I'm begging. I want to get back to a winner," Foote said.

Really endearing himself to folks at the Park with this one.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:20 PM |

And to his agent. Guy running his mouth just spit out two or three million smackers. That cost his agent about $100,000.

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

The other backup QB (that BETTER be the best backup) is Leinart.

Hugs and kisses,

Larry Foote

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Good, let him go. Don't want any 32yr old free agents!!!!

Posted by: Lipty | March 11, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

So he doesn't think Pittsburgh's a winner either, eh?

Posted by: Alan4 | March 11, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

I'd be willing to take a brochure on Rosenfels as a backup QB well.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

whose the best backup QB in the NFL, today?

(no Campbell bashing)

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM

Charlie Batch...

Book It

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 11, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Don't want any 32yr old free agents!!!!

Posted by: Lipty | March 11, 2010 3:24 PM

This comments makes Artis Hicks feel a little blue.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm in need of a FA signing, exorbitant amount of money must be spent, what team is this that I have rooted for since the posse and Mark rypien won it all! I must be dreaming.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

I bet Culpepper could finish a game too ... maybe Gradkowski?

SNAGM, why are you asking?

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Mark Brun ... I'm sorry, I can't do it, even as a joke.

Posted by: C-DubDC | March 11, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

If Foote wants to be in AZ, then he can make that happen pretty easily. Go where you want to play, don't worry about getting the biggest paycheck.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 11, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

I bet Culpepper could finish a game too...

Probably not as fast as he can finish a cheesecake

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 11, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Well, Larry the Cards just lost Kurt Warner, Karlos Dansby, Antrel Rolle, and Anquan Boldin. You're not as good as Dansby and Leinart is not ad good as Warner and to my knowledge the other two have yet to be replaced. Good luck with that whole winning thing. This is good though. I'd much rather see what we have in our guys first before signing any older free agents.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 11, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Foote, but the Cards w/o Warner & Boldin will be fortunate to even make the playoffs. Good luck with Leinart at QB - he's has been average at best so far.

Posted by: shanks1 | March 11, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I wish he would just put his "Foote" in his mouth......

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | March 11, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

No you have it wrong, shanks1.

He's a PRO!
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 11, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

"I'm begging. I want to get back to a winner," Foote said

_________

WTF?!! 3 years 7.5 million. Take it or leave it, jerk...

Posted by: TWISI | March 11, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

The Foote's on the other hand now, isn't it Kramer??

Posted by: Rypien11 | March 11, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

This does indicate Rock has a chance to prove his worth @ILB. We did tender Wilson. May end up going with current guys but will draft a kid at the position. Ah nothing to do but speculate and see who's the true soothsayer.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

With Kurt Warner retired, the Cards are back to being..well the Cards. Good luck Larry.

Posted by: thecomedian1 | March 11, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Stop whining skins fans. He spoke the truth and any player looking to sign with a winner would do best by avoiding Dan Synder's Organization, and until things change you can expect the same from other players. You all KNOW why players have ended up signing here. It's no secret. They come here for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Posted by: keedrow | March 11, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

JC or Leinart?

I'm picking JC.

Posted by: rich20ssu | March 11, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

WAIT! Is he implying that we won't be winners?

Well played, Mr. Foote... Well played.

Posted by: peterandmeredith | March 11, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

3 signings so far ... and 2 of them are in the areas that we were strongest in last year. This points to tearing down the current team and rebuilding it very differently. Multi-year plan.

A TE. TE is our deepest position, the area of the team that needed no 'fixing'

An NT. We didn't need an NT while running a 4-3. The 4-3 we ran was effective. Mgmt created this need by changing the defense.

An OL. We do need OL help.

As I see it, Shanahan is going to build the team he wants, the way he wants. I'm guessing that is what he told Danny (I'm doing it my way or I'm not interested).

Oh well, 2013 isn't that far off ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 11, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone heard of who is in the house working on off season training?

Just wondering if the QB, who is going to light it up for some team this year and laugh all the way to the bank, has been in working and making his presence known.

Can he work out or does he have to sign his 1st rd tender yet.

Have any of our tier 2/3 rcvrs been in working?

Seems most of the articles have been on defense with a few turning down of back-up/part time offensive players.

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | March 11, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Cardinal - Pope
Just got that one sween.
hardy har har.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

No you have it wrong, shanks1.

He's a PRO!
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 11, 2010 3:38 PM

Any QB with that kind of line in front of him would have success.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

"I want to be a pope, but no one wants to pay me that much."

Hail to the Pope!

Dude should be honest and say he just wants paid. That would be more believeable.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | March 11, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Larry Foote: 'I want to be a Cardinal '

Fine Larry, sign the contract...Ok, no more Larry Foote posts..

I hope enjoys a 8-8 season next year.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

How many Superbowls do the Cardinals and Lions have?

Posted by: iH8dallas | March 11, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

==========================================

Too early to say. What if BA+Shanny decide it's best to move down? What if we pick up another 2nd rounder and move back to, say, 10th or 11th overall. Then we draft Rolando McClain and keep Rocky on the outside? Then we package one of the 2nd rounders and Andre Carter (for example) and move up for a late first rounder for LT Charles Brown (fits Shanny's smaller O-Line scheme) and then use our other 2nd rounder on Colt McCoy. I'm suggesting this, all I'm saying is it's too early to say they've made up their mind on where Rocky will play especially since we don't know how the 1st three picks in the draft will go yet and BA+Shanny may not believe anyone else is worth #4.

Posted by: C-DubDC | March 11, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Foote wants to go to a winner, he doesn't want to help the Redskins be a winner. Let's see how many wins the Cards have next year without a QB.

Posted by: jmy999 | March 11, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Oops, meant to say I'm NOT suggesting this...

Posted by: C-DubDC | March 11, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Mayock was highly critical of that cat Davis from Rutgers today, rightfully so...while I'd prefer to have Okung, what do people think about Baluauga??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Poor Foote.

I guess he didn't read that the Cardinals are now without Warner, Boldin, Dansby, Rolle, etc.

They may still be the cream of a patsy division but as New Orleans showed Arizona is going to get busted in the postseason.

If they go into the season with Matt Leinert as the starting quarterback they might not even go .500.

Posted by: leopard09 | March 11, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 11, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

We ran a 4-3 without an outside linebacker last year. I don't see the big deal with switching to a 3-4 and needing a NT.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 11, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

The Cards play in the NFC West, which means they will be in the hunt. The Rams and Seattle aren't going to sniff the playoff hunt.

SF is good, but its a long way from winning 11-12 games -- even with 2 QBs selected with the #1 overall pick in the house. Leinhart, Smith, Carr.

Once again, the West gets won with something between 8-8 and 10-6. AZ will be competitive for that.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 11, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 3:59 PM

I like Buluga. I like him after Okung. I would stay far away from Davis and Campbell in the first round.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: keedrow | March 11, 2010 3:42 PM

They go to whoever is paying. PERIOD!! Dude went to Detroit because they were paying. If he ends up signing with the Skins he'll say some BS to our media who he always wanted to play to the Skins, blah, blah..blah. They want a job and they want to get paid. They really don't care for whom.

Posted by: thecomedian1 | March 11, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Fine Larry, sign the contract...Ok, no more Larry Foote posts..

I hope enjoys a 8-8 season next year.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 3:51 PM

Two more Larry Foote posts. One to say that he signed. Then another to say what his signing with the Cards means for Albert Haynesworth.

He would love an 8-8 season. Last year was 2-14. Even the Redskins did better than that.

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: C-DubDC | March 11, 2010 3:55 PM

Lot of if's, but I like it and hopefully BA and Shanny uses common sense. I don't think they'll reach and all there actions indicate rational decision makeing. Something that I as a skins fan am not used to. IMO anyone not named Okung or Bradford @ #4 we have to trade down and someon may be willing for MC-SUH.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

'Raiders release Gerard Warren'

Might Shanny want a 2nd look at the potential NT.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

If we are looking for a depth LB to play ILB why not go after the D bag Antonio?

Posted by: alex35332 | March 11, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

From PFT

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2010 3:52 PM ET
The Oakland Raiders have released defensive tackle Gerard Warren, making the nine-year veteran an unrestricted free agent.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

billy volek is the best backup qb.

Posted by: BMACattack | March 11, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

I would take him #4 overall. He's surprisingly athletic and he is a good run blocker. I know his arms are a little short but he has the mobility to make up for it. The bad thing is that he will be compared to Gallery even though he is more athletic, mobile, and has longer arms. I'd say going to the same school as Robert Gallery has hurt his stock more than anything.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 11, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if the new staff has an opinion on HB or Henson yet...

Posted by: AdamCr | March 11, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | March 11, 2010 4:12 PM

Banderas?

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

GOOD THEN PEACE OUT!

Posted by: wattsicon | March 11, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Gallery went to Iowa, not Rutgers.

If it goes Bradford, Okung and Suh top 3 I would rather reach a little for Bulaga than take McCoy. Trade down first obviously if possible.

Posted by: ToddStinkston | March 11, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

My bad PA, I misread what you wrote. I am with you on that.

Posted by: ToddStinkston | March 11, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

O, and my Bulaga comment about taking him #4 overall assumes that Okung is off the board.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 11, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ToddStinkston | March 11, 2010 4:17 PM

My worst nightmare scenerio. But yeah reaching for the 2nd rated OT hate to do it but......no other choice.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 11, 2010 4:13 PM

A min of 33 is the what the scouts look for in arms reach to play tackle. Gallery measured at 32 and Buluga measures @ 33 3/4.

When Detriot takes Okung @ #2, we could do a lot worse than taking Buluga.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Can't blame him for wanting to play with winners... and for so long as JC17 continues to dither along in Washington... and CP26 continues to waste a roster space... the Redskins are going to be anything but winners.

Posted by: Vic1 | March 11, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

This guy really put his Foote in his mouth on this one!

I'll bet anyone, including MR. Foote that the skins will make the playoffs before the cards do...

Any takers?

The cards are doing this year, what they have done for years...

Give away their best players...CHEAP!!

So they had a tiny run at greatness. That's only because they sucked for so long

Move on

Posted by: byrdinthesky | March 11, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Seems like the Skins are really not a place players want to be..at least when there is not a large over paid contract involved...I bet foote would be saying that about the skins if the open over paying check book were still out!

Posted by: leevi98 | March 11, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

'I want to be a Cardinal '

I'm 36 years old and I can honestly say thats the first time I've ever heard a football player make that statement.

Posted by: Predator48 | March 11, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

"These are all judgment calls, I suppose, what's important and to whom. Personally, I don't care one bit about 90 percent of the off-season NFL stuff that passes as news."

From Mike Wilbon's blog...

I just think he doesen't understand...

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 11, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

From Mike Wilbon's blog...

I just think he doesen't understand...

Posted by: JohnDinHouston

Typical Wilbon gravitating toward whichever hand is feeding him at the time.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 11, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 3:59 PM

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 4:05 PM

The rap against him is that, like the cause of the failed Robert Gallery experiment at tackle, Bulaga has short arms.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | March 11, 2010 4:21 PM

Yeah, because those 2 guys are responsible for all these ;osses over the past 15 years!

No one else had anything to do with it...

Get rid of them and playoffs here we come!

Posted by: Alan4 | March 11, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Get rid of them and playoffs here we come!

Posted by: Alan4 | March 11, 2010 4:31 PM

Good start.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 4:31 PM

see my 4:21 PM post. He measured out just fine.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Allen: "Larry, come play for the Redskins"

Larry Foote: "I want to be a Cardinal."

Bruce Allen: "So you're saying there's a chance!"

Daniel Snyder: (muzzled in coat closet) We'll beat any offers by 10%...guaranteed!

Posted by: isnadd | March 11, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, of the guys at the Combine, he was at the bottom end of the range on wing span.

Also, he has small hands. And you know what they say about that ... small hands ... small gloves.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

wilbon should go eat 14 large fries at Mcdonalds....then run 10 miles...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

wilbon should go eat 14 large fries at Mcdonalds....then run 10 miles...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

That's frigid!

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 11, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Good start.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 4:33 PM

Not a start, a continuation. Vinny, is that you??

Posted by: Alan4 | March 11, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

dcsween-

Funny...I knew it was a joke because his name is Buluga not beluga. I like the effort, so I clicked on it.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 4:34 PM

Also, it would take less gold to make his super bowl ring. But then, small handed guys have never gotten super bowl rings.

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

see my 4:21 PM post. He measured out just fine.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 4:33 PM

Wow ... and Gallery is two inches taller than Bulaga. Seems like the Gallery experience (which really only should be tagged on having been drafted by Al Davis) has cast all sorts of unnecessary shadows over talent evaluation on tackles.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

'I want to be a Cardinal '

I don't think Cardinal players right now want to be Cardinals

Posted by: richardgovea | March 11, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

You want I put my shoulder outta jointso you can put the cuffs on, Officer??

Posted by: frak | March 11, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | March 11, 2010 4:31 PM

Alan, don’t fall for this one trick pony's BS….he says that no matter what is being discussed up here. We could be talking about what unis they should wear or where to hold training camp (Ashburn vs Dickinson, PA) and he would just say it doesn’t matter where they hold camp as long as the 2 “losers” are still on the team……..

Posted by: dlhaze1 | March 11, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

How about this:
We draft Bryan Bulaga #4 overall.
In the fourth round we draft Kyle Calloway.

Then we bring in Dan Deoring and Dace Richardson undrafted. Then we rename the team to the Iowashington RedHawkSkins.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 11, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Cardinals re-signed Jeremy Bridges. Here, he lost out to Stephon Heyer and Mike Williams.

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

I say we trade Cooley and the #4 overall to Indy for Bob Sanders ... discuss. :)

Posted by: C-DubDC

Sanders is a beast the 4 games a year that he's not on IR.

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 11, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Didn't Bob Sanders either retire or get cut by the Colts? And, on a related subject, isn't he the illegitimate son of Col. Harlan Sanders? : )

The most interesting Cooley internet trade rumor that I've heard is Cooley and Devin Thomas to Denver for Brandon Marshall and a 3rd rounder. This rumor makes more sense than the nonsensical trades usually proposed by posters. Denver's pass-catching TE, Scheffler, is allegedly on the outs, Shanny is familiar with Marshall from his time there, and we don't have a third round pick. Marshall is a head case, but he's also a total stud. If I'm the 'Skins, I'm not looking to trade Cooley, but if this deal was offered, I'd probably do it.

Posted by: rbpalmer | March 11, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpalmer | March 11, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

A comment on Merlin Olsen.

My mom was a Redskins fan to the core. She may well have been a football fan because of the success of her high school team.

Rosey Grier went to the same high school as my Mom and he graduated with my aunt. Nothing like having future NFL talent on your high school team!! Mom tells me that when they left the area, Rosey gave her big hug and said how much he'd miss her ...

So, outside of the Redskins, the Rams got the most football airtime in the house. Grier, Lamar Lundy, Olsen and (future Redskin) Deacon Jones were among the first names I learned watching football.

We've all come to enjoy football in different ways. For me, much of it came thru my Mom -- some of my first memories of football were watching the Fearsome Foursome.

Sad to hear of the Merlin Olsen's passing.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 11, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Quit picking on the guy...maybe he meant St. Louis Cardinal?

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 11, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 4:34 PM
Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 4:39 PM

Wrong. It actually takes more gold for a guy with small hands. Met a guy who worked for the Ravens who got a ring when they won it in 2000. I think he was the team photog or something. The guy had girl hands…..it was like they made the ring out of a brick of gold and then used a small drill bit to “size” it for him. It was very weird looking, but must have weighed a pound….still had all the same jewelry of course.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | March 11, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

rb, no thanks on that trade....want no part of that guy, talented yup, but a complete and total jackazz/malcontent, so to me that trade is the redskins getting ripped off....

Lets see how these kids do with a little 'proper' teaching, via Shanny...I'd be willing to wager that DT/MK/FD have much, much more of an impact on the offense, than when JZ was runnin stuff

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

andre davis released by Denver

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins defense will probably exhibit a lot of similarities to the Cardinals defense. They continue to win with that 4-3/3-4 hybrid. Have to think its a good plan, given the Skins personnel, to try to do that here. But do they have the defensive minds in place to pull it off? I don't know I would almost suggest bringing "the Bone" out of retirement. That HOF guy would not permit a lot of the crap that has been prevalent of late.

Posted by: periculum | March 11, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

I guess its time for the Cards to low ball him now...I would. Thanks for the leverage dumbass!

Posted by: scottmando | March 11, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

PFT saying Andra Davis released from.........Broncos??? Hopefully he'll be in Cashburn next week talkin it up.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 11, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2010 4:47 PM ET
In a surprise move, the Denver Broncos have released starting linebacker Andra Davis.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post writes that releasing Davis may be the Broncos' most stunning transaction of the offseason. The 31-year-old Davis played in all 16 games in 2009, starting 13 at strongside inside linebacker, playing well against the run and also recording 3.5 sacks.

It's the second time in less than 24 hours that the Broncos have released a defensive starter, following the release of defensive end Kenny Peterson.

The Broncos also released defensive tackle J'Vonne Parker.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

what position does davis play?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I've been calling for Okung for months, I'm the first to say it. And I still would love that pick. But as Stephen A. Smith might say, howEVA....if we can find a partner, trading down and picking up a mid 1st/3rd would be fine by me, especially if we can get Bruce Campbell (GO TERPS), who looked like a beast at the combine and his pro day.

Speak of Terps, Fear it!! Let's take Greensboro men!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | March 11, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

what position does davis play?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 4:53 PM

Strong inside LB. Hmm.

Posted by: TWISI | March 11, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

lmg,

Campbell = Mamula...book it..

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 11, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

"One question: why did he sign with the Lions last year? When did he discover he prefers to be with a "winner"?

One answer: he's speaking loudly in the media in hopes that it'll somehow 'force' the cards' FO into giving him more than he's worth.

He must not have read from the Book of Boldin--they eventually sent that money grubbing dude packing.

And if he did want a payday, why didn't he hang around DC for a lil while and wait for some rain to fall?

Because if he had, it probably would've.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Get The Hell On Then!!! We don't want nobody that don't want us!! WE ARE THE REDSKINS!!! And don't this dummy know the Cardinals will be the same ole Cardinals this year. Rolle, Warner and Dansby are gone. They will not be any good next year!!

Posted by: nwtay | March 11, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Trent Williams would be a nice pick at OT if Okung is there and had to reach.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

'How long does he have to be gone before its OK to start blaming things on Joe Bugel??"

Bugel wasn't the same before his daughter died of cancer, he just got worse after..Coping with hard reality can be tough, a certain amount of faith in the incomprehensible cosmic algebra is required, just to maintain sanity..."Om" and "Om Mani Peme Hung" always gets me some chillout mileage...And of course, Budweiser..

Posted by: frak | March 11, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Mitch Erickson & Andra Davis, hope we sign them both. Then, we can truly be the Bronco-skins.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 11, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Get Davis to DC and sign him immediately!

Posted by: michaelr1171 | March 11, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

All but two NFC teams have advanced to the NFC championship game in the last 18 years - the Lions and the deadskins.

Foote is going to a winner.

I sense quite a bit of denial in DC.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 5:01 PM

Now this is good reporting Stump.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

interesting.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 11, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

That may be true, but would you rather be the Redskins or the Rams of the last two years?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 11, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

"...Foote is going to a winner...I sense quite a bit of denial in DC...."

The Niners will win the NFC West.

M Leinhart is not Kurt Warner--or even Vince Young.

Foote just wants what will be his contact to be a payday, that's all.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Speak of Terps, Fear it!! Let's take Greensboro men!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | March 11, 2010 4:53 PM

I'm for all things Terps, but NO to Campbell unless he slips to the 2nd.

I'll spare you and not talk about my ties to the program and just leave you with this…I was mentioning him 6 months ago on this board and how he’ll pull a Merriman/Vernon Davis/Josh Wilson at the Combine but he was and is injury prone and wasn't even dominate in the ACC. He’s a project with unbelievable measurables that he has yet to translate to the field.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Height: 6-6 Weight: 296 Age: 25

Carriker is the ideal size we're looking for at DE in a 3-4. Spags needs a edge rusher we need a Carriker. Carter you don't want to be a LB here you go perfect. EVERYBODY'S HAPPY.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:09 PM

But he is very dependable on burn notice.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Height: 6-6 Weight: 296 Age: 25

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Except Carter is older than Carriker by a lot. They're going to want a later draft pick to even things up.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 11, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 11, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we could just send them on of them E-Trade Babies, that will even things up

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 11, 2010 5:17 PM | Report abuse

milk-a-holic

Posted by: CheyenneWY | March 11, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Does foote know warner retired? Super bowl? Puh leeze.

Giving JC a first round tender means we want to keep him. How many 1st & 3rd end tenders are there? I counted 10, although I zoned out for a few teams on the scroll. The guys getting those tenders are pro bowlers and younger players.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 11, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

The jury is still out on Leinart. Unlike J Campbell who is just good enough to get you beat.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 5:01 PM

Now this is good reporting Stump.

Posted by: sthai75

Thank your very own WAPO Redskins Beat staff!

All I did was look at Rick Meese's tweets and saw our bro JLC had posted like 5 mins ago and tweeted RM.

Expect new post in 10....9....8....7....

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Foote wants to play for Whisenhunt - it's not about the money.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Andra Davis, 31, ILB, now Ex-Bronco

possible visit to Redskins Park in his future?

Posted by: noonefromtampa | March 11, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

This fool is hitching his wagon to Matt Leinart...

That whole winning thing just went out the window...

Posted by: A-Contrario | March 11, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:09 PM

But he is very dependable on burn notice.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 5:12 PM

That's an underrated show, fo sho.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 5:24 PM

I bet if given a choice between Campbell or Leinart, most GMs would take Campbell over Leinart. Just because they went on a superbowl run a couple of years ago doesnt make the Cards winners. Given the loss of 4 major contributors to their recent success, the Cards today probably more closely resemble the Cards of old than the teams in 08-09

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | March 11, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Foote knows the Cardinals, even without Warner, are still the best team in the NFC West. He'll win a bunch of games there and play in some playoff games. The Skins still have to overtake at least 2 NFC East teams before they can sniff the playoffs.

Posted by: coparker5 | March 11, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

This from ESPN:

While former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow wowed evaluators with his on-field performance at the NFL combine last month, he scored a 22 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test, the Palm Beach Post reported, citing an NFL source.

The 12-minute test measures an individual's learning and problem-solving abilities.

According to the Post, the average Wonderlic score for an NFL quarterback is 24. The newspaper also reported that the quarterback prospects in Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest rankings on ESPN.com -- Sam Bradford of Oklahoma (36), Colt McCoy of Texas (25) and Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame (23) -- scored higher than Tebow.

JC would not be happy about this Timmy. And I ain't referring to JC17. He would actually welcome company in the Wonderlic gutter. I thought it would be an interesting exercise to ask the RI bloggosphere how they think some of their fellow bloggers would perform on the Wonderlic. Take a stab at predicting how the following would score:

1. MistaMoe
2. Alan4
3. flounder21
4. pabrian
5. RedDMV

Or pick your own RI blogger to predict.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | March 11, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

anyone who thinks the path to success starts with getting rid of JC, CP, and Cooley are watching a different team than I am.

Doesnt matter what team, what sport, what level you don't improve by releasing/trading your best players.

Seriously, some of you need to check your emotions and use your brains

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 11, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

I think Rocky has more pop and explosion at attack then any linebacker in FA, if he isnt the first option beside Fletch then HB should be. We have plenty off young talent at LB especially with Carter, Orakpo, Wilson too.. let this bum go to AZ.....

Posted by: b145579 | March 11, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Height: 6-6 Weight: 296 Age: 25

Posted by: sthai75 | March 11, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 11, 2010 5:13 PM

This trade may have legs. Haslett loves Carriker and Carter although older has been very productive as a 4-3 DE.

This would work for both teams. I'd trade em' straight up.

Carriker is a perfect fit for a 3-4 DE.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Foote musta had a miserably cold winter like the rest of us, and now he thinks the grass is greener (and WARMER) in the Arizona desert...Maybe warmer, but most likely LEFT OUT IN THE COLD come playoff time..Think about the old Minnesota Vikings, playing in HELLA-COLD before they moved inside, Bud Grant ((Bud-wiser)..

Posted by: frak | March 11, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Today's Cardinals resemble the old Cards about as much as the deadskins resemble the teams of a GENERATION ago.

Joe Gibbs, Jack Kent Cooke, and Bobby Beathard have left the building.

Skins' fans have been in denial for quite a while now.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Foote wants to be a card, Witherspoon signs with the titans, andra davis gets cut...learned my lesson, ima just wait and see.

Posted by: terrapin3 | March 11, 2010 5:55 PM | Report abuse

20 years

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 5:55 PM | Report abuse

1. MistaMoe -- 45
2. Alan4 -- 45
3. flounder21 -- 45
4. pabrian -- 45
5. RedDMV -- 45
6. FartezDudmore -- 12

Or pick your own RI blogger to predict.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | March 11, 2010 5:45 PM

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 5:56 PM | Report abuse

As far as im concerned if we did make him a offer we should pull it from the table right now.

Posted by: b145579 | March 11, 2010 5:56 PM | Report abuse

This would work for both teams. I'd trade em' straight up.

Carriker is a perfect fit for a 3-4 DE.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:52 PM

I don't think it would ever work straight up because of the age difference.

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Joe Gibbs, Jack Kent Cooke, and Bobby Beathard have left the building.

Skins' fans have been in denial for quite a while now.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ

and that's why reading and adding messages here is so much fun. Yes, many fans are/have been delusional, but the shear tenacity of their devotion makes it fun. The Skins aren't close to a chamionship, (haven't been for many years)and yet the rabid fan base continues their support.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | March 11, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 5:52 PM

1. please pull your car into a garage
2. leave car running
3. close garage
4. take a nap

You are useless.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

I don't think it would ever work straight up because of the age difference.

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 5:58 PM

30 vs. 26.

production vs. unrealized potential.

neither is a fit on their current team.

I know of one GM that traded for an over the hill 3-4 OLB and then tried to make him a LE. He even gave up a 2nd and 6th for 1 year of service.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:59 PM |

Now that you're out of prison are you resuming your medical practice, Dr. Kevorkian?

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Wow normally wouldn't post anything here but seeing as I am from Arizona it struck me just like it did all of you that someone actually wants to be a part of the Cardinals. However, after decades of having one of the worst owners in the NFL (You've had snyder for what? Just over a decade? Try living with a Bidwill for awhile) we finally have a front office worth a darn. Record under our recently hired head coach? 8-8, 9-7 (Suber Bowl), 10-6 (Second Round Playoffs). Come say stuff when your new coach turns around your franchise.

Posted by: jmder | March 11, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

in non-football related news tiger will officially make his return at augusta per espn and lindsey lohan is suing the e-trade baby for one hundred million dollars...that's funny

Posted by: terrapin3 | March 11, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jmder | March 11, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Andra Davis is out there; just got released today. Maybe he could be a back up plan?

Posted by: mjsciann1 | March 11, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Come say stuff when your new coach turns around your franchise.

Posted by: jmder | March 11, 2010 6:05 PM |

Thanks for dropping by, sharing your thoughts, and double posting. Why don't you come back again after you've actually won a Super Bowl?

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

1. please pull your car into a garage
2. leave car running
3. close garage
4. take a nap

You are useless.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:59 PM

Still in denial, eh?

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Redskins have contacted Rams about Carriker

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 11, 2010 6:06 PM ET

Perhaps Washington's big offseason splash will come via trade, not free agency.

Posted by: leevi98 | March 11, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jmder | March 11, 2010 6:05 PM

Cardinals fans be realistic. You backed into the playoffs in 08 and had a great but fluke super bowl run. You won the weakest division in football two years in a row and now you act as if your perennial winners. You are no longer the best team in your division and next year will return to your role as doormat. Enjoy your brief success and be happy with your super bowl appearance, at least this organization has won one.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | March 11, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: leevi98 | March 11, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

You are useless.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:59 PM

Still in denial, eh?

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:16 PM

Diesel--Dude's trying to say that he doesn't have a car or a garage. He rides a horse. You got a Plan B for him?

Posted by: League-Source | March 11, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

there are some elite QBs posting up here, wow.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 11, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

we thought we were bored, some cardinals fan is reading redskins blogs, good gawd

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 11, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

The Cardinals re-signed versatile tackle Jeremy Bridges to a three-year contract Thursday, increasing their flexibility on the offensive line.

Bridges did a stand up job as a short-term replacement at left tackle last year. If the team doesn't bring back Mike Gandy -- which looks likely -- Bridges will be an option on the blind side next season, although probably as a backup.

Perhaps the most important part of the transaction: Darnell Dockett approves: "Yes sir he's one of the toughes OL in the league very underrated!" Dockett tweeted.
_________________________________

Thanks Vinny.... "yeah, he's just a Guard".... let's cut him.

Posted by: tony325 | March 11, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

1. please pull your car into a garage
2. leave car running
3. close garage
4. take a nap

You are useless.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 5:59 PM

Still in denial, eh?

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:16 PM

Do you call your...
Country a Cnut?
Mother a Muff?
Sister a Sult?

If so please continue to call your team...the deadskins.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

What I want is to play poker with Foote. He really knows how to hold his cards close to the vest.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 11, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 11, 2010 6:26 PM |

Just trying to get you skin heads from denial to acceptance of the fact your owner is a dweeb and your team will lose as long as boy wonder is around...

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Internet rumors regarding Thomas & a 3rd rounder for Marshall make little sense considering we don't have a 3rd rounder this year. I doubt the Broncos would be willing to part with their best player without getting a pick in this year's draft.

I'd gladly take the malcontent. Who honestly cares if he's a jerk? Have you been watching the same games as I have? Our WR core has been terrible for the entire decade! Brandon Marshall will automatically make Fred Davis, Malcom Kelly, and everyone else way better than any coaching can. The man commands double teams every time the ball is snapped.

Posted by: KellRawLive | March 11, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

And the fan of the team owned by Bill Bidwell is talking about OUR owner? OUR owner is like Milhouse. Only WE get to make fun of Milhouse.

Let's see how the Cards do with Nick Lachey's towel boy at QB this year and the entire defense revamped. Even in the worst division in pro football, they will be mediocre at best.

Posted by: KellRawLive | March 11, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

our strategy seems to be go after guys with cool names like ma'ake kemoeatu, Artis Hicks, and larry foote

Applying this to the draft we must like ndamakong suh, Russell Okung, and Bryan bulaga

News flash from the AZ guy, "our owner sucks", we may have never noticed thanks dooshy zona guy

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 11, 2010 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Redskins CB Rogers will attend offseason workouts
Posted: March 11th, 2010 | Jason La Canfora |

Disgruntled Redskins CB Carlos Rogers has told the team that he will report for the start of offseason work Monday, according to a team source.

Rogers, the ninth overall draft pick by Washington in 2005, has sought a trade for weeks, and he bristled when a first-round tender was placed on him, hoping to garner an offer sheet.

However, Rogers flew to Washington this week from his Atlanta home to discuss the situation with Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, and the meeting went well, according to sources. If Rogers performs well — he was benched at times in 2009 — he will be considered for a new contract.

Rogers left Redskins Park telling coaches and teammates that he feels better about the situation.

Rogers had voiced his displeasure with the organization and publicly asked for a trade on several occasions this offseason.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

dmstaginaz writes opinions from the second-dumbest educational system in the country...whaddya expect?

Posted by: terrapin3 | March 11, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KellRawLive | March 11, 2010 6:45 PM

Your owner has caused fans across the country to root against your team - more so than JJ's cowboys.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

I predict the Redskins will win more games than the Cardinals this year, and the 49ers will win the West.
And CP26 will have a very good year, he has to. Even CP (the English Major) knows that this is a make or break year. $7million is a lot of dough, and he is a competitor. Seems to me he was playing pretty well until Zorny showed up. Hell, the whole team was playing pretty well until Zorny showed up. We need to consider the source of the last two years and write it off as a bad dream.

Posted by: diamond_jim | March 11, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

"They have a good chance of going back to the Super Bowl."

Someone should inform Larry Foote that Warner retired and Leinhart is the starter. He might want to think twice about that comment.

Posted by: p1funk | March 11, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: terrapin3

Proud graduate of De Matha High School, one of the finest anywhere...

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

dm then you have to be smarter than you've shown here...more hated than jerry jones? C'mon man

Posted by: terrapin3 | March 11, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

I hadn't read any of the comments before posting my jibe at Larry Foote.

It's pretty funny to see how many folks were thinking the exact same thing. We've got some group-think happening here at RI.

...and what the heck is up with the AZ trolls around here?

Posted by: p1funk | March 11, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Arizona people, thanks for joining the conversation up here, but a couple of things:

1. Dan Snyder sucks. There are some Redskin fans who would disagree with that statement, but I'd wager they're a very small minority. So if you think you're doing something daring by telling us he sucks, well, you aren't.

2. Kurt Warner retired. Do you really think your team isn't going to see a letdown without him under center?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 11, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Proud graduate of De Matha High School, one of the finest anywhere...

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:57 PM

Good for you.

So when you moved to Arizona you quit being a Redskins fan and immediately jumped on the band wagon of the perennial winners and the rich tradition of your new home town team?

Pathetic…Even your boyfriend thinks you’re gay.

Come back when your team wins a game that matters and not win a marginal player says he wants to be a Cardinal, because if Shanny/Allen wanted him, he would be here…

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

1. please pull your car into a garage
2. leave car running
3. close garage
4. take a nap

I tried this, and when I woke up, the dudes from that show Operation Repo were hitching me up to their truck while complaining that I'd missed three payments on my Explorer.

"You can't kill youself in what you don't own, bro'," they shouted while pushing me out of the driver's seat.

"If you wanna die cheap, move to an island country and wait for an earthquake."

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Are Cardinal fans up here really talking smack?? For real??

Hey guys, don't you remember a couple years ago when the Skins sucked, but we still BEAT the Cardinals at FedEX??

That was pretty funny...I wonder how Cardinal fans feel about that.

Posted by: p1funk | March 11, 2010 7:09 PM | Report abuse

when Los and Mac said they were upset about their tenders, I thought they had every right to be upset in that moment. When it's time to get over it, then get over it, that's exactly what they did.

I would like to shame all of you who jumped on these guys cases like a bunch of whiny dis-gruntled fans. They had a right to be upset, you didn't, IMHO.

chikkity check it, and remember i was projected to score 45 on the wonderlic which is pretty darn good

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 11, 2010 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know if Adam Carriker can play left tackle?

Posted by: p1funk | March 11, 2010 7:11 PM | Report abuse

F the Bidwells F JJ and F the Irsays too while i'm at it

Posted by: terrapin3 | March 11, 2010 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Gotta say though, that zona dude hooked more fish than beantowngreg today.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

"...OUR owner is like Milhouse. Only WE get to make fun of Milhouse."

And us bloggas are all like Stewie when he's drunk.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

1. MistaMoe
2. Alan4
3. flounder21
4. pabrian
5. RedDMV

Or pick your own RI blogger to predict.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | March 11, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

I'm not going to guess on scores, but I do predict that Beantown Greg will hand his test in 4 minutes before it's given out.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 11, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Gotta say though, that zona dude hooked more fish than beantowngreg today.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 7:12 PM

Boredom..

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

...while I'd prefer to have Okung, what do people think about Baluauga??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

I prefer domestic Caviar

Posted by: TheCork | March 11, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Report: Raiders could make a run at T.O.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 7:15 PM ET

That would be entertaining.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | March 11, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Something happened in the last preseason game. I was convinced that Bridges would be on our 53 man roster. One of the coaches, I think it was either Buges or JZ, made a statement that they learned something about one of the players. I think it was Bridges, and he was cut the next day. I don't know what it was. Anyone remember anything about that?

Posted by: frediefritz | March 11, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

TO = Barry Bonds a player w/o a team.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Do you call your...
Country a Cnut?
Posted by: Diesel44
-------------------
I worked in summer at JMU with a frat guy who would say that to me every time I called it a "frat" house.
Were you in PIKA?

Posted by: Dorf | March 11, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

The thread I'd like to see tomorrow:

"Levi Jones signed to a 2 year deal"

And whereas I know folks want Okung, the thing is, Okung or any left tackle the team might draft would do well to get his starts as a right tackle.

Right tackle play is more about in-line blocking, and not so much pass rush work.

This means Jones plays left, Heyer backs up both spots.

Yes, I know that for the long term, an Okung-type player is what you want for left tackle, but I say let the kid get his sea legs as a right tackle first.

And if Jones goes down, you move the young'n over.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

The Cards can always sign Brett Favre to replace Warner. Boldin is now with the Ravens. In the end its going to be that hybrid 4-3/3-4 defense that carries them. And that is one reason why the new "Redskins defense" is about to be unveiled.

Posted by: periculum | March 11, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

You call it hooking fish, I call it Glenn Beck-ing. Spewing fecal matter that isn't really an accurate depiction of reality.

Posted by: KellRawLive | March 11, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: terrapin3 | March 11, 2010 7:02 PM

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Do you call your...
Country a Cnut?
Posted by: Diesel44
-------------------
Were you in PIKA?

Posted by: Dorf | March 11, 2010 7:26 PM

I wasn't a PIKA and I didn't go to JMU. Pretty universal "frat" comment comeback, I always thought it was as funny as it was predictable.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | March 11, 2010 7:23 PM |

Sorry fredie, my brain goes into meltdown mode when I try to remember last year.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

"The Cards can always sign Brett Favre to replace Warner."

True.

But it's also time for them to see what they have in M Leinhart.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Do you call your...
Country a Cnut?
Posted by: Diesel44
-------------------
Were you in PIKA?

Posted by: Dorf | March 11, 2010 7:26 PM

I wasn't a PIKA and I didn't go to JMU. Pretty universal "frat" comment comeback tho, I always thought it was as funny as it was predictable.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

After today, Blount will be a good 6th pick during the draft.

Blount blows off Pro Day

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 7:27 PM ET
We tend to not get too worked up about Pro Day workouts, the touring, off-Broadway version of the Underwear Olympics.

But while it's difficult for a guy to do anything to dramatically improve his stock via a Pro Day workout, a guy can screw himself up by, for example, not showing up.

Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount, whose career was derailed by a 10-game suspension imposed after he punched a guy following the first game of the 2009 season, blew off his Pro Day workout, according to Gil Brandt of NFL.com.

As Brandt points out, Blount's decision not to work out "likely will prompt more questions."

Posted by: TWISI | March 11, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

damn, It was 2 years to the day that I last double posted.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Pathetic…Even your boyfriend thinks you’re gay.

Posted by: Diesel44

Yeah and I used to root for les boulez as well as the Washington Senators. Probably even pulled for the Washington Generals in my youth. Gotta pull for the home team no matter where I live.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 7:39 PM | Report abuse

DM

"I stand by the jerry jones comparison 100%. Maybe you skin heads don't realize just how negative the national perception of Snyder is."

I believe it as despite what skins' fans think of him, Jones hasn't spent like a sailor to buy a winner.

Sports fans hate owners who spend, spend, spend, spend and lose, lose, lose, lose as their ways distort the free agant market.

Snyder in the 90s-2000s was the anti-Steinbrenner: lots a bucks wielded, but no trophies to show for it.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 7:26 PM

If they draft Okung why would Jones play left tackle. He tried last year and it didnt work that well for him. Okung doesnt need to develop he is ready to go out of the box much in the same way that Jake Long, Joe Thomas, and Ryan Clady were. If you are drafting a tackle with a top 5 pick he should not have be developed at right tackle. Furthermore under no circumstances should Levi Jones be starting at left tackle.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | March 11, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

Blount blows off Pro Day

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 7:27 PM ET

Posted by: TWISI

Actually, I think it ANSWERS a lot of questions.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 11, 2010 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI

Actually, I think it ANSWERS a lot of questions.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 11, 2010 7:46 PM

Also answers the question as to why a guy with a ton of talent managed to go undrafted.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

"Furthermore under no circumstances should Levi Jones be starting at left tackle."

I understand.

And where I'd never try to defend the guy, let's say Jones' joining the team at mid season really didn't help him.

Let's be optimistic and say that extended time and OTAs should ease him into a groove.

Too, if you don't get another right tackle, who plays opposite Okung on the left side?

Heyer? (been there, done that)

Hicks?(rather see him at guard)

Williams? (he's not a tackle at this point)

Or: move Jones to right tackle (can he play there?)

Again, unless the team finds another quality tackle, Okung might do well to start on the right side with Jones opposite.

But, then again, taking a tackle at #4 and #37 would make this a mute point.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Haven't been here all day... just wondering if people have seen the adam carriker rumors of the Rams... I don't think it'd be a terrible idea if we could swap Carter for Carriker (not sure what else it would take, but i doubt it could be a straight up deal)... Carriker would be a nice little insurance policy should I'maeatu not come back healthy...or even if he does give us a SOLID ratation there on the Dline...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | March 11, 2010 7:59 PM | Report abuse

"... I don't think it'd be a terrible idea if we could swap Carter for Carriker (not sure what else it would take, but i doubt it could be a straight up deal)..."

It's a sideways move if you ask me.

I mean, how does Carriker match up with Carter's numbers, even when you take youth into account?

I'd rather have Steven Jackson or the safety Oshiomogho Atogwe.

But we know that won't happen.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 11, 2010 8:05 PM | Report abuse

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama LB Rolando McClain, who was projected to be the first player taken at his position and a top-15 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, revealed Wednesday following his pro day workout that he suffers from Crohn’s disease.

After completing the session of linebacker drills, a fatigued McClain knelt down on a knee and held his stomach. He later revealed that his discomfort probably stemmed from his Crohn’s disease, which he said was diagnosed when he was in ninth grade.

McClain said he treats the condition — an inflammatory disease of the intestines — with seven or eight pills daily. McClain never missed a game at Alabama or had to leave a game because of the condition, according to his agent, Pat Dye Jr.

NFL teams are aware of the disease, Dye said, adding that McClain hasn’t tried to hide it. Dye added that no teams expressed any concern about McClain’s health to him.

Jaguars QB David Garrard also has Crohn’s disease and has been outspoken about his condition.

He shouldn't drop in the draft, but should definitley be a concern. I have 2 friends with Crohn's and it's a real pain in the ass, pun intended.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 11, 2010 8:06 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Stupid1, yes.
All reports of the trade are derivative of JLC's League-Source and we all know how reliably unreliable L-S is.

Right about now he's probably soaking his feet and drinking a glass of Port.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Why is it people on here provide more info than Reid with the Rogers and Carriker news? Put down the Mickey D's and get off your ass.

Posted by: Rahtard | March 11, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

NFLN Total Access show has the Carriker trade all but done deal going down before draft with us trading maybe Carter and/or Montgomery and maybe pick to Rams.

Posted by: noonefromtampa | March 11, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Yo tard,
It (news) breaks right here.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | March 11, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

From the article I posted above. MS is the new sheriff in town and all players will need to check their ego's at the door.

=====================

“I guarantee Clinton will be there,” he said. “I know Clinton too well. He’ll kick off the offseason on the right note. I want my leaders to be there. I anticipate everyone being there....What's really important is the team. You put the team first."
Everyone as in defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and corner Carlos Rogers, who according to the NFL Network requested a trade. However, Shanahan met with Rogers and said they had a "great conversation."
“I’m a big fan of Carlos,” Shanahan said.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 11, 2010 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan said he wasn't sure when newly-signed nose guard Ma'ake Kemoeatu will be ready after missing last season with a torn Achilles' tendon.

"By the time we start the season, hopefully he'll be ready to go," he said.

** sounds like a guy with a contract that isn't guaranteed -- and Shanny sounds a bit casual about it **

Meanwhile, the Redskins begin their offseason workout program Monday. Shanahan expects running back Clinton Portis, cleared to participate after missing the final eight games with a concussion, to attend.

** Clinton Portis as a team leader? Is Shanahan delusional? **

“I’m a big fan of Carlos,” Shanahan said.

** I hope this is real. A big part of Shanahan is the ability to get players motivated. **

Shanahan needs to turn around -- or get rid of -- guys like Rogers, Portis and Albert.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 11, 2010 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Thats funny, people were saying the same thing about Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill a few years ago. If your dweeb owner can remake himself, so can ours.

Posted by: rbpalmer | March 11, 2010 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Dear Larry Foote, if in fact that is your real name,

Nobody wants you here. If ANY team show interest in your average playing ability, THAT is the place you should "BEG" to be.

Like I said before:
NO PRETENTIOUS EXSTEELERS PLAYERS ON MY TEAM

Posted by: jgarrisn | March 11, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KellRawLive | March 11, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

The rumor that I've heard has the 3rd going the other way, from Denver to us, with Marshall, for Chris Cooley and Devin Thomas. And yes, I'd take Marshall in a heartbeat, too.

Posted by: rbpalmer | March 11, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Funny,

When the wallet closes, people want to be somewhere else.

No more free spending in Washington means everyone want to be somewhere else.

Posted by: ajb1094 | March 11, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

i don't like the way this report is written, since this is a redskins beat and not a cardinals beat i'm more interested hearing what he said about the redskins being in the hunt, hey Jreid...can we get a quote from Foote about that? or are you just really happy there was free agent that says he'd prefer to go somewhere else, the tone of this article to me says you want to rub it in our face that a high profile free agent doesn't want to play here especially because you added your own opinion to the blurb "he's clearly more enthused about the cardinals". tell me what he said. i'd like to make my own opinions instead of reading your opinions.

Posted by: destewar | March 11, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpalmer

Mr. Bidwill relinquished day-to-day operations to his son, Michael Bidwill. There have been great blessings such as new GM Rod Graves, Ken Whisenhunt, and most profoundly, an NFL quality venue that can generate the revenue streams needed for a successful franchise.

Mr. Bidwill's son has taken the team light years from their origins.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Bidwill's son has taken the team light years from their origins.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 9:46 PM

Unfortunately our owner has taken our beloved team far from it's origins as well. We really don't need a fan of another team to come on here and attempt to rub it in. I would suggest that you also consider the fact that your precious bandwagon team has never won the big show so you should be careful what you say and to who. You aren't telling us things that we do not know but you are trying to piss people off just for the sake of pissing them off and that is the true definition of a dik and a loser. So stay classy buddy and come on back when you've got a title to gloat about.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 11, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jmder | March 11, 2010 6:05 PM

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | March 11, 2010 6:20 PM

As the song goes - "Living In The Past"

It's 2010 - and you're clams are getting smelly...

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jmder | March 11, 2010 6:05 PM

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | March 11, 2010 6:20 PM

As the song goes - "Living In The Past"

It's 2010 - and your clams are getting smelly...

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

watch out punk - I'm 6'8 300 - and I will whip you anytime anyplace.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 10:26 PM | Report abuse

watch out punk - I'm 6'8 300 - and I will whip you anytime anyplace.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 10:26 PM |

HA! An internet tough guy. Hey everyone, look out, the guy sitting anonimously behind his keyboard is threatening people. HA! Look out tard, you're getting a little big for your britches kiddo.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 11, 2010 10:44 PM | Report abuse

oh yeah, and I'm a multi millionaire with a license to kill so look out. I also have italian friends in the mob and a buddy thats a 37th degree black belt in tae kwan jiu jit do and he can kick your a$$. What a tool!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 11, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

DM Arizona dude. I've been all over the country and never quit being a Skins fan. NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv. You don't have to be a local fan. You could show some team loyalty.
BTW, I'm 55 yrs old, 6' 225# and I'll take you're wimpy internet a** anytime.

Posted by: msrent | March 11, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

At 6'8" 300# the dude oughta be playing for the Cardinals. Nope. Lazy fat a** punk is sittin at his computer.

Posted by: msrent | March 11, 2010 11:06 PM | Report abuse

Just tell me who's first - we can go from there.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

watch out punk - I'm 6'8 300 - and I will whip you anytime anyplace.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 10:26 PM |

Hey, I saw you on TV -- you're the Biggest Loser, right?

Posted by: League-Source | March 12, 2010 5:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jmder | March 11, 2010 6:05 PM
a cardinals fan talking trash? c'mon do you not understand ....the cardinals!! u are an idiot!! go away!

Posted by: caps67 | March 12, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Just tell me who's first - we can go from there.

Posted by: DMStagInAZ | March 11, 2010 11:25 PM