Larry Johnson hopes for redemption shot Friday against Jets

Although running back Willie Parker will get the start Friday against the Jets, Larry Johnson should have another chance to show coaches what he's capable of.

"We haven't gone through exactly the amount of playing time that each guy will have, but Larry will definitely play in the game," Coach Mike Shanahan said.

Johnson was the featured back last Saturday against the Ravens and turned in a disappointing performance. Johnson had just four yards on eight carries last week, but the game plan was focused more on an aerial attack and Johnson's opportunities were somewhat limited.

"Larry didn't get many chances last week," Shanahan said. "Larry's gotten better throughout camp, and it'll be good to see him a live situation."

While Parker had one second-half carry against the Ravens, he'll get the bulk of the carries with the first-string offense Friday. Both Johnson and Parker need to show coaches that they aren't liabilities in pass protection.

"I think Willie's said something that he knows he's got to work on and that's pass protection. He's gotten better in that area," Shanahan said. "He runs the ball extremely well and that's why I'm looking forward to seeing him play this weekend, as well as Larry."

By Rick Maese  |  August 24, 2010; 4:30 PM ET
Categories:  Larry Johnson
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Donovan McNabb, Mike Sellers to miss Friday's game vs. Jets (updated)
Next: Joey Galloway watches, Anthony Armstrong catches

Comments

Alright, CL, I plead ignorance here. How, praytell was Andy Reid forced to get rid of McNabb? And if you can't provide a legitimate link, that pretty much settles who's bringing the dumb.

Posted by: Alan4 | August 24, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

"Forced" I think is the wrong word, but from what I remember hearing, Andy Reid definitely had his stones in a vice-grip.

Both Kolb and mcNabb had contracts that were expiring in 2010. Both the Kolb and McNabb camps were clamboring for extensions.

The Kolb camp was telling the FO that if Kolb didn't get the chance to start, they wouldn't sign an extension and they would walk after 2010.

Andy Reid wanted to ride things out with McNabb - the guy he trusts. But others in the FO were starting to look to the future and believe that they had their guy in Kolb, particularly since he played well in his limited starts. And they weren't prepared to lose out on Kolb and give McNabb another extension...future is now sort of stuff.

So the decision was made to move McNabb while they could still get value for him.

I don't have a link, but I'm not making the scenario up - I'm too dumb for that.

If you want a link, have fun googling...

Posted by: p1funk | August 24, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Clinton Portis is playing hard in these meaningless preseason games. You remember, the games he always blew off in years past cause he was too full of himself to play. What happened to all those mysterious BS training camp injuries of unknown origin? Remember all those work days you blew off, mr I am above the team cause Dan is my boy, while those groveling team lackeys were sweating, bleeding, puking and bustin all around azz?

What, you've changed? I ain't buying that. How long will it take the phantom pulls, cramps, tears to start? Then again, if Mr Haney has taught us anything, the Shanwow don't play that missing practice sh_t!

Posted by: iubiquity | August 24, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

a number of us were making these comments months ago. I guess its better late than never for nfl.com to figure this out.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | August 24, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

CP is the kind of guy who will run all over someone if they give him the leeway, but he's a real gamer and he'll do what's necessary if he respects the people placing expectations on him.

Basically, he needs someone with some clout to heavy-hand him or he'll go bigtime prima donna on your azzzz.

He knows Shanny doesn't take no jive b/c he's played for him already. He knows Shanny's system works because he ran for beaucoup yards in it. He respects Shanny.

He respected Gibbs too, and worked his arse off to gain about 20 pounds and change his running style and become a "between-the-tackles" guy. Though sadly, I think Gibbs sort of stood by and allowed this culture of star-worship and preferred players to fester in the organization.

He didn't respect Zorn. Who did? Zorn didn't command respect and the FO undercut him.

CP will be fine. He cares too much about what people (and his teammates) think about him.

Unlike AH, who apparently doesn't respect anyone and doesn't care if his coaches, teammates or his own mom think he's a lazy selfish badstered...

Posted by: p1funk | August 24, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

CL, I'll operate under the assumption that Jason Cole's single unnamed source in that link is legit... and props for providnig the link.

But I will also say it's not particularly dumb to cast a hairy eyeball on yet another over-the-hill "superstar" donning a Skins uniform.

Jason Taylor, Neon Deion, and a host of other "game-changers" did next to nothing for the Skins.

If seeing McNabb get injured this early against the first decent defense doesn't give you pause, you just haven't been paying attention, my friend. He has a history.

Posted by: Alan4 | August 24, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 24, 2010 5:09 PM

You got disbarred didn't you?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 24, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

"Larry Johnson hopes for redemption shot Friday against Jets"

Shot at redemption. Photo opportunity. End up as a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.

Torain and Williams should get their shots.

Posted by: dcsween | August 24, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

So what you're saying basically is Port-Jester is a spoiled child who needs strong discipline.

That may be but once he starts racking up the praise I think he'll try to revert back to his old ways. Behavior can change but character, or lack thereof, never does.

Posted by: iubiquity | August 24, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 24, 2010 5:09 PM

You got disbarred didn't you?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 24, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

I fought the man; I wouldn't give in; I went on a crusade to bring down the whole diseased temple because I wouldn't sell out.

The man won, the temple still stands; but I didn't sell out, I have my manhood...

...and now I just spend my days blogging on RI...

Posted by: p1funk | August 24, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

What the heck is Port-Jester?

Portis never played half speed. I think he's an ass, but I see him giving 110% on the field, even when he was out of shape.

I remember him separating his shoulder making a tackle on an interception in preseason.

And as far as his "respect" of Zorn... I think the players knew Zorn was a moron who ran a dumb offense. Why go out and lay your career on the line when your coach has your hands tied behind your back due to his stupidity and lack of imagination? I think CP let his teammates down by riding the pine after the concussion, but I'm sure they know the deal, too.

If you ask me, Jason Campbell could have learned a thing or two about common sense from Portis. What was he trying to prove? The season was over, the coach was already gone, the fans didn't appreciate his efforts, and neither did the owner. If you ask me, Campbell could have benefited from riding the bench for a few games. At least Collins would have gotten to play.

Portis is a good player. He's not a genius, not a saint, but he doesn't go half-speed, either.

So there.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 24, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Bonedigger, bonedigger.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 24, 2010 5:46 PM | Report abuse

You went way off-base with that, my man Thinker_ . No one was talking about his effort or desire on the green, certainly not I. I was referring to my original post, his self-serving, full-of-myself circus antics during the week.

Posted by: iubiquity | August 24, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

"Larry Johnson hopes for another gig after he's released following Friday's game against Jets"

There...fixed it for ya...

Thinker, I can't even believe you're saying JC should have quit because he had a bad coach. If that were the case, half the teams in the league would have to quit. There's something called "professional pride" and "competitiveness" that these guys (except AH) have. If you're not familiar with those principles, I suggest looking them up...

And what's with the sudden Portis hate up here? If you look at what he was able to do in Denver his first two years in the league, those years still stand as his most overall productive. If he can get even a little of that mojo back, the running game will be just fine.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

I love picking my nose and flinging my boogers and seeing how far they'll fly.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

AND Preseason!

Posted by: iubiquity | August 24, 2010 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26

A common mistake; don't worry, it's not your fault. lol What he did out west matters not. It's all about his time here in the majors.

Posted by: iubiquity | August 24, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

LeGarret Blount would have been a very nice 7th round pick for the Skins.

Posted by: coparker5 | August 24, 2010 10:00 AM

Totally would have been worth it just to see if he would punch Haynesworthless in the face.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | August 24, 2010 1:30 PM

Considering Blunt (spelling intentional) went undrafted that would be Vinny-esque Which reminds me, Vinny was on 106.7 and basically said he had NO concerns about giving that contract to AH and mentioned that Sherm Smith vouched for his character.

2010 RBs
Portis
Torian
Williams

FBs
Sellars (I'd like to replace him)
Young

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Diesel, I'd watch out with the weed references...if the player you refer to happens to be black, it's a pretty big sore spot with Red. You've been warned...

I'm not worried about the ground game until it's a problem in the regular season. The Ravens game was intentionally pass happy because Shanahan wanted to get McNabb the work. If CP or anyone else has a game in September where they have more carries than yards like LJ did last week, THEN it's time to worry. Until then, (cue Allen Iverson) we talkin' 'bout PRACTICE...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

I think it's wise to sit McNabb this week, but would like to see him get at least a few more reps in the preseason finale...yes, he's a proven vet and you pretty much "know what you're getting" from him, but this IS a new team. If he were still in Philly, doubt he'd sniff the field until Week 1, but thankfully he's not.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

""Johnson said after the game he'd ask coaches for more preseason touches, even if it means playing late in the game against reserves.""

I bet he said that.

After the Bmore fiasco, he needs to run over some future-burger-flippers in a last ditch effort to convince everyone that he's not finished in the league.

Posted by: p1funk | August 24, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX

I'm thinking both LJ and Parker go away. Which is fine with me. Neither has ever been a good blocker or pass catcher ... and Shahanan looks at the entire job description. Torain and Williams backing up Portis? Sure. I'd have preferred to have Westbrook in the mix because he can catch a pass and do something with it, but that ship sailed and landed nearby me at the dock of the bay.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 6:27 PM | Report abuse

Diesel, I don't think you're weed comment was out of bounds on a racial level - I'm white as a snowflake and blaze with the best of em - but on a moral level, you may be taking too high a ground for the Cowboys. Quoth the Irvin-a-tor, upon walking in on Novacek and Aikman burnin a joint - "What is this, amateur hour?? Where my blow and my hoes?"

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Also sounds like Sellers and Darrel Young will have a place on the squad. Young might go practice squad.

However ... it wouldn't surprise me if Shanahan make some interesting (aka high profile) cuts very soon. Possibly even before the Jets game. AH92 isn't the only guy Shanahan wants to feel insecure.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 6:27 PM | Report abuse

Good to see a Nate-Dog sighting. And I agree it'd be nice to see CP-Torrain-Williams make the squad, I don't think there is any way both Parker and Johnson are cut. Any chance we keep 4 RBs (CP, Parker, Torrain, Williams)? Maybe swap out LJ for WP depending on the last couple weeks of preseason.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:29 PM

Which was my point to Red and he still found a way to equate the wacky tobacky and black folks. I'm not saying don't make weed jokes (God knows I still will)...just sayin' don't be surprised if he gets pounced on for it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Damn guys...after watching the replay of the sack where McNabb hurt his ankle, we're lucky he didn't break his leg...looked similar to the tackles where TO and Vick broke their legs in years past.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:29 PM

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Red? Make it racial?? Preposterous!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Brownwood, speaking of the wacky tobacky- you watch Weeds? Just blazed thru (no pun intended) Season 1 and am halfway thru 2...good stuff.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

4 RBs seems a luxury.

Last year, we had 3 RBs on the roster to start the year and I think that's typical. One of them, Rock, saw the field rarely on offense until guys started dropping out with injuries. You only need 2 if everyone is healthy. 3 RBs will cover you most years.

So instead of Parker or Johnson or any other guy who might look like the the tip-toe burglar, keep a young talent who isn't quite ready at another position (guys like Banks, Tryon, Henson)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone really think that if we release Parker and/or LJ that neither of them would be available later in the season if we needed another RB?

Posted by: p1funk | August 24, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

just curious, who messed up blocking wise on that play?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Sorry guys, but when it comes to the sweet cheeba, I'll smoke you all under the table.

Oh, and I'm willing to bet it's a thousand times easier for me to get my stash than it is you.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 6:38 PM

Yeah, I just saw it on SportsCenter myself...that did look bad. I woulda guessed high ankle sprain just by looking at it. Injury history or not, most guys aren't coming away from that scott free...

Notorious, I'm not into weed quite like that so I haven't seen the show. Way too much stuff on my DVR as it is...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

"Still uninterested in Larry Johnson and Willie Parker... I'd be happy with a stable of CP plus young hungry dudes."

I agree.

And I'm not phased by young'ns backing up Portis (Williams, Torain) and 4 young'ns (Austin, Banks, Thomas, and Armstrong) playing behind Moss at receiver.

Now, as for the young'ns playing back up on the o-line.....

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk

good chance both will available, at least for a while.

Take Seattle. They have JuJones, Forsett and Leon Washington as their likely RBs. They've already dumped LenDale White and will probably drop Quinton Ganther (Ganther had more TD runs last eyar than Portis+LJ+Parker combined). There will be guys out there -- and Shanahan is better than most at finding them.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:01 PM |

Look out, poopy's cooler than you. I bet he's been to Hastings and he's been to Brighton, he's been to Eastborn too, so what, so what, so what so what you boring little c*nt.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and Notorious, Weeds isn't too bad in seasons 1/2 but 3 is where it starts to get just a tad bit too goofy.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:01 PM |
______

Congratulations. I'm sure you have a bright future.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 24, 2010 7:08 PM | Report abuse

sorry d0uchenozzle, but I have no idea where any of those places are.

So go back to your meaningless life.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations. I'm sure you have a bright future.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 24, 2010 7:08 PM
----
Not as bright as your moms future when shes sucking on my "bong"

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:11 PM | Report abuse

sorry d0uchenozzle, but I have no idea where any of those places are.

So go back to your meaningless life.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:09 PM |

I figured being the shutin moron that you obviously are that you wouldn't get the old punk song reference. Why am I not surprised that a 3rd grade idiot that utilizes the lowest form of humor (toilet humor) to attempt to be accepted is proud that he's a huge chiefer? Only prebuscent retards, which are usually ostracized by other heads, try to prove how cool they are by using the statement "I can smoke more than you can." You must look in the mirror at night and then cry yourself to sleep at the sight of what a ridiculous waste of life you have become.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

I wonder what Shanny wants for his birthday today? I bet he wished he could get a running start at kicking Hayney in the nads.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

just a few birthday notes

Rex turned 30 yesterday, Terrence Austin turns 22 tomorrow, Portis is 29 on Sept 1. Dockery and Philip Buchanan both turn 30 in September.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations. I'm sure you have a bright future.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 24, 2010 7:08 PM
----
Not as bright as your moms future when shes sucking on my "bong"

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:11 PM |

Oh my God you are so funny!!! How did you come up with such an original comeback? Oh wow I can't catch my breath I'm laughing so hard!!! HA HA HA HA HA! Oh my you are comic genius. Phukin' monkey phuker.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

punk sucks anyway d0uchenozzle. I'm sure your rocking your operation ivy or dead kennedys or green day or whatever crappy taste in music you like.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

just a few birthday notes

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 7:16 PM

Yeah, and I turn 31 on Thursday. Where's my shout out?

Really though...I wish someone took AH off Shanny's hands for his birthday. I'm sure that's a gift we'd all love...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:21 PM |

Oh I'm pretty sure you're one of those jackmonkey's still rockin' Vanilla Ice. Wouldn't surprise me if you were a huge Britney Spears fan too. You're a mentally challenged child with a brain capable of nothing more than dookey jokes. A lot of heads are at least intelligent but you should be careful how many more brain cells you kill. I'm pretty sure you only have 2 left and they're fighting.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:14 PM

Yeah, I'd say statements like this are why you aren't even 4th on the depth chart when it comes to being an official Washington Post Redskins Insider blogger representative.

I like brownwood. He's kinda like an adult. At least compared to the rest of us.

By the way, I like the Poopy humor. Yeah, it's juvenile, but that doesn't mean it's not funny. Funnier than most of the Keyboard Commando insults we shell out in here, anyway.

Good thing we're all brought together by Redskin fandom, or I'd hate to see how nasty things would get.

(I'm just as guilty as anyone else, by the way)

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 24, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, and I turn 31 on Thursday. Where's my shout out?

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 7:23 PM

Here's your shout out...Happy Birthday. Now where's the phukin' cake?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

(I'm just as guilty as anyone else, by the way)

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 24, 2010 7:27 PM |

Yea, I'll never get voted ambassador to the retarded and moronic that's for sure. And yeah, he's not funny. It was mildly amusing the first 100 times but now it's just old, stale, and stinkin'

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, and I turn 31 on Thursday. Where's my shout out?

Posted by: brownwood26

I've got it marked on my calendar. Can't wait

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:14 PM

-----------

and I figured being the giant pomp that you obviously are that you would think making an obscure reference to a punk song that someone else doesn't get somehow makes you better than they are.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2010 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2010 7:31 PM |

And now the peanut gallery chimes in. Go back to your filthy hole and mind your own biznass. No one was talkin' to you. If the jacktard needs you to defend him then I guess that says it all.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Chia Pet laying the smack down.

Who listens to punk anyway, other than teenagers who always feel the world is against them? Or that they're misunderstood? Or that the girl they like doesn't like them back?

Punk hahahaha. Yeah, you go back to your Pennywise and Warped Tours d0uchenozzle.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

brownwood

"Yeah, and I turn 31 on Thursday. Where's my shout out?"

31?

Boy are you a young'n!

I got you beat by 15 years.

I'll tell you one thing: after 35, things pretty much suck.

You lose you hair, you put on weight, 20 year olds start to call you, "Sir," and music starts to sound all the same.

Happy birthday in advance, dude.

Hit a club, party hard, and do whatever it is that you can afford or get a shot for if there's a drip/itch in your crotch the next morning.

If you ever see me, you can tell me that I've put on weight and lost hair.

And you'd better also call me, "Sir!"

'Cuz if you don't, I'll remove my teeth, gum you to death.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Why is it that the NFL network d bags are strokin' Campbell like he's the next coming of Jim Plunkett for Oakland? Have they not seen the same guy I've seen over the last few years? He's decent...nuthin' more. He's not their savior, he's not gonna lead them to the big show. Stop the stroki'

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

what ri-tard, rainman wannabe says biznass?

What do you think you're bro's with Snoop?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Chia Pet laying the smack down.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:34 PM |

Why am I not surprised these 2 are on the same level? You girls are perfect for each other.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:39 PM | Report abuse

I hear ya, Brownwood. Any good recs on the Net Flix? And speak of #5- does he play anymore this preseason? I think he should unless it's worse than we know. He's a vet but he's a Redskins rook

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 7:41 PM | Report abuse

LOL...thanks guys. The partying doesn't happen till Friday night, but it'll be epic. At least from what I'll remember...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 7:41 PM | Report abuse

what ri-tard, rainman wannabe says biznass?

What do you think you're bro's with Snoop?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:37 PM |

You sure are bringin' the heat now boy. Careful or you're gonna hurt my feelings.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:41 PM | Report abuse

I'll say this, even though Jason Campbell didn't get it done here and a lot of people really threw him under the bus he really is a class act. He was just on NFL Network and couldn't even come close to uttering a negative word about the Skins. All positive. I guess even I could learn something from that.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Turn up the jams, Black Flag is on everyone!!!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the advice, Moe. If it's any consolation, I'm not 35 yet and it's already starting to suck. My beard is half gray and I'm out of shape in a way I've never known. So while my birth certificate says I'm 31, my body says I'm 40.

Notorious, I'm not worried about #5. He'll be ready. This offense is a work in progress anyway...anything positive in 2010 is gravy, IMO.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Turn up the jams, Black Flag is on everyone!!!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:47 PM

For someone who claims not to like punk you sure know some pretty obscure bands. Me thinks you're a closet Circle Jerk.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Nice!!!

Now Dropkick Murphy's is on.

C'mon everyone, let's sing along to "Shipping Up To Boston"

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

I rest my case.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love scamps logic. If you ever have heard of any band you must like them.

And no none of the bands I've listed are really that obscure. Maybe you're not as punk as you claim.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Yeah scamp. You're right. No one who ever saw the movie The Departed learned who the Dropkick Murphy's are.

No one at all....

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

From SI.com, thoughts on Tony Romo:
"In the Cowboys' first three preseason games, Romo has completed five, four and four passes, with a 13 of 28 showing overall for 141 yards. Romo was just 4 of 11 in the 16-14 Dallas win at San Diego this weekend, for 30 yards, with both a touchdown and an interception. He threw off his back foot on several occasions, as the Chargers hurried or hit him, and never once looked comfortably in the flow of the game."

Posted by: Samson151 | August 24, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Scamp must have gone to go put his New Found Glory cd on.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Wow Poopy, from toilet humor to naming punk bands. You really are the essence of comedic genius. What are you gonna do for your next trick, spell your name? Here, tell me how funny this is? Run DMC, NWA, Beastie Boys, 2 Live Crew. You see? You see what I did there? I named a bunch of old rap groups. Isn't that hysterical?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love scamps logic. If you ever have heard of any band you must like them.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 7:56 PM |

I never claimed to be punk genius. You put that claim on me cuz I refered to an old punk song that you didn't get. Nice try though. You really are funny...just not in the way you think. You're funny like Rocky Dennis.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 8:14 PM | Report abuse

I listen Punk. I listen to a lot of genres, but if I could only pick one it would be punk.

Black Flag, The Misfits, The Descendents, NOFX, FUGAZI, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Iggy Pop, etc.

It's an elevated taste that isn't for everyone...much like women, civility, and being a productive member of society.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

still would like to know who missed the block on the play the McNabb got hurt on

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

brownwood

"Yeah, and I turn 31 on Thursday. Where's my shout out?"

Damn bw26-

A self proclaimed cougar/milf lover is on the short side of 30. If it makes you feel any better you come across as old as TheCork, glarwence, beep-beep, etc.

As far as RedDMV- He sees no color except what was on the old TVs that the guys above watched. You and me brother, we have 1080p and in our world even the whitest of dudes (Chris Simms) get busted for weed

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Kelly may be forced to earn a roster spot having played just one preseason game.

Said Mike Shanahan: "Let’s not count anybody out. Let’s just take it day by day. I saw him run some routes and he looked a lot better -- almost full speed straight ahead. Hopefully he’ll be able to go next week."

From the Redskins.com website

I thought this was funny. Someone needs to tell Shanahan that Kelly WAS running full speed.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 24, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

one of the things I like about Shanahan is his willingness to let things play out. Whether its with Albert or Kelly or LJ, he's not forcing decisions.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 24, 2010 8:27 PM

LOL...I take this for what it is: Shanahan talking Kelly up on the off chance that someone will take him in a trade.

Good stuff, Diesel. Thanks for the reminder that chicks that qualify as MILFs are probably the same chicks I went to high school with.

The sound you heard was Father Time punching me in the gut...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

IMHO-

2010 WRs

Moss
Galloway (unfortunately)
Thomas (inconsistent, but talented and plays teams)
Armstrong (plays teams and has elite hands)
Banks (special teamer w/ ELITE speed)

1 spot for
Williams ( most polished but zero upside)
Kelly (has size, hands, but NOTHING else)
Wade (plays teams, but also has no upside)

That's if they go with 5 plus a specialist, McNabb's injury and reputation for injuries may cause Shanahan to go with 3 QBs and therefore you can say goodbye to the 3 guys battling for the 1 spot.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

RSH, funny.

zeke, no footage on nfl.com of the play during which McNabb took that hit? Maybe there's something over there. I haven't had a chance to look, but that's where I'd start.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 24, 2010 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 24, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Probably a fair assessment...but a dude can dream...

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 24, 2010 8:45 PM | Report abuse

I think the receiving corps is as follows:

Some dude named Santana
Stretch Armstrong
Dam_it Devin Thomas
Brandon "Bank on it" Banks
Roy "Dude you're getting a Dell" Williams

Running Backs:

The Clinton Administration
Ryan All Torain
Keiland "Got that feeling" Williams

Also, Donovan McNabb will be sexier than Rex and ready to go Sept. 12th.

FYI- Punk is emo and gay(except for the Misfits)

Bluegrass is the shiz: Avett Bros., Old Crow Medicine Show, The Felice Bros., John Prine, Sam Bush, Alison Krauss...

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

FYI- Punk is emo and gay(except for the Misfits)

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 9:09 PM |

No, emo is emo and gay. The Misfits are awesome. I love bluegrass. My favorite is thrash metal and classic rock. Old rap is good. So is Blues and Jazz. I dig a few classical musicians, especially Wagner. New rap, new country and new metal suck. Pop blows...always has and always will.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Good taste in tunes scamp. Good taste indeed.

Thrash metal is iffy with me. Pantera was the shiz, Rage Against the Machine(not thrash metal, I know) were in a class of their own.

I'm a closet Marilyn Manson fan. Love that guy.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm a closet Marilyn Manson fan. Love that guy.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 9:27 PM

And with that you have seeled it for me...I hope you enjoy 10th grade and the fact that you won't have to pad your bra anymore.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Pantera's good stuff, love Rage. Grew up with Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and the like. There were a buncg of others but many didn't last long. Only new metal I like is Killswitch Engage. I still love AIC, STP, and Soundgarden. Nirvana sucked a$$. Foo Fighters are much better. I could go on for years but what's the point. That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of one or two genre's much less all the ones I like.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

net-flix recommends?

Actually, I don't got none.

I've spent some time reading books:

The Road
Middle Passage
House of Sand and Fog
Fences
Outliers
Other Peoples' Children
Freakonomics
Sense and Sensibility
Middlesex
Light in August

Of course, since no one reads, I won't even start a conversation.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Metal-

Metallica, Rage, Pantera, Slayer, MachineHead, Sepultura, Deftones (not really metal), Clutch, Soulfly, & Slipknot.

That's it that's the list for me.

Rage and Metallica are in my top 2.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

And that sealed it for me. I hope you enjoy thinking you're different(than the other millions of punk fans), and smoking Camel Wide cigarettes.

Man! I just got goth served!

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Of course, since no one reads, I won't even start a conversation.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2010 9:35 PM

I did soooooo much reading over a certain 5 year span that I don't do it much anymore. I prefer to spend my quiet time with a fly rod and a pair of waders.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Of course, since no one reads ....

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2010 9:35 PM |

Whaddaya mean? I read everything you post up here. Takes a long time.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 24, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

I've been reading "999", a collection of contemporary horror stories.

The stories by Joyce Carol Oates and William Peter Blatty were especially terrifying. Surprisingly Stephen King disappointed me, his story was strikingly similar to an episode of Night Gallery.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 9:45 PM | Report abuse

That's it that's the list for me.

Rage and Metallica are in my top 2.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 9:38 PM

Sepultura and Soulfly were great bands. Never really liked Slayer. Slipknot has some good stuff here and there. If we're still talking metal then can't leave out Black Sabbath, Suicidal Tendencies, Danzig, Drain STH (best chick band of all time) and Faith No More. Although some of Faith No More's stuff isn't quite metal they are 1 of my top 3 favorite bands of all time. The other 2 are Floyd and Metallica at #1.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 9:45 PM | Report abuse

The Day's Best Headline:

A CROCODILE Is Found Roaming The Streets Of NEW YORK!!!

cutie tv reporter: You look old, retired, lost, and senile.

How did you make it out of Florida without any help?

crocodile (bewildered like a confused grandma): You mean I'm not at the drug store?

And to think I brought all these coupons here for nothing!!!

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | August 24, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

I tried but for the life of me I could not read The Road. I also tried to read Blood Meridian by McCarthy but couldn't do it. His writing style is very difficult for me to read

Posted by: downindinwiddie | August 24, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

I8H-

Am I the first person that said you come across like a 15 yr old girl?

Anyways call me in 3 years, kthxbye..

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

RSH, funny.

Posted by: NateinthePDX

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

was hoping someone could fill me in on that play or had a link to it. Was wondering what went wrong.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

I8H-

Am I the first person that said you come across like a 15 yr old girl?

Anyways call me in 3 years, kthxbye..

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Actually no, I have heard that before...wierd.

I might go lock myself in the bathroom and cry because everyone is talking about me behind my back.

I'm going to listen to Justin Bieber and write passive aggressive things about you on facebook. kthxbye.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

A CROCODILE Is Found Roaming The Streets Of NEW YORK!!!

cutie tv reporter: We're here with Granny Croc.

Say, what do you think of New York.

crocodile(smiling greedily): The rats here are as big as annoying little kids, which is tough if you want food.

And because they don't fight back, I think I'll go finish that snack I left behind at that daycare center.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 9:59 PM

Don't forget the cutting.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Scamp-

Good call. I left off Black Sabbath, Suicidal Tendencies, MOTORHEAD, Danzig, & Iron Maiden.

None of todays bands have sweet names like those, instead we get panic at the disco, AFI, fall out boy, and the such.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

IH8-

Anyways you're a good dude/gal. Just busting balls/tits and your optomism is always a breath/queef of fresh air.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:02 PM

You, like me, are too young to be starting with that "Back in the good old days" crap. Next you'll be longing for The Platters, The Ink Spots, The Coasters, the Drifters.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 24, 2010 10:11 PM | Report abuse

Stop fighting be nice discuss football analyze game I missed on Saturday.

Thx.

Posted by: Pepper5 | August 24, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

I always see the glass half full.

11-5 still stands.

1 game at a time, starting with the dismantling of Dallas.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

I guess I gotta step into the music convo again.

Any quality "music" list that doesn't have Tool on it, is no list at all.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 9:39 PM

I missed this post. Nothing better, I had a run there a few years back before my kids were born that I would spend at least 3x a week knee to waist deep. The best in the mid-Atlantic was when the mayflies hatched. Use to tie my own flies but found that my wife was much better. I now get out 3x a year.

beep-beep- I'm old (37) but I ain't your kind of old. Speaking of old....how was the early bird at Perkins/Cracker Barrel/ Golden Corral or wherever you curmudgeons dine at 4:30?

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:26 PM | Report abuse

My thoughts on the current state of music

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 24, 2010 10:26 PM | Report abuse

ih8 and all the other music lovers up here, this is the quiz for you:

RomoLongballs 28; Biebers 0

sample question:

If a Bieber attacked you, where would be the first place you'd strike?
a) I'd crane-kick him in his pretty mouth
b) I'd punch his little Bieber balls
c) I'd roundhouse him so hard his internal organs would splatter out of his butt

Poopy, agreed, Tool would be at the top of my list.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 24, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

good call on Tool and RHCP...Not really metal, but good sh1t.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:33 PM | Report abuse

Stop fighting be nice discuss football analyze game I missed on Saturday.

Thx.

Posted by: Pepper5 | August 24, 2010 10:16 PM

Nobody is fighting unless you'd like to.

If so, I'll start.

My d1ck is a PS3, your d1ck is a nitendo wii.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse

good call on Tool

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:33 PM

Their live shows are ridiculous, especially the one i a month ago.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2010 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Scamp-

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:02 PM

Forgot Maiden and Motorhead too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop

Poopy_McPoop- My take on beep-beep's beef with you is simple...

He's jealous. You see a man of his age chokes down bran, fiber, and Metamucil to achieve your handle once a week. You are on here several times a day growing tails, dropping kids off at the pool, etc. while he can only dream. I like him and he's decent guy but you have to realize that he's full of sh1t.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

Well, we were discussing metal and Tool ain't quite metal. They're alright, although the lead singer is kinda a d0uche. Their bass player is awesome though. I, too, like the Red Hots, although again, not metal. I have been playing bass for about 25 years so I dig a good bass player. Flea fits that bill. So does Les Claypool and Primus. Good old Cliff Burton (RIP) and Robert Trujillo as well. Rock bass is usually pretty simple though.

Diesel. If you're ever up in Michigan go hit the Au Sable river. Bring your Caddis and your Hexagenia in late June to early July. Rake em in by the hundreds. I'm in new territory now. Headin' up to Big Bear Lake this weekend and then the Sierra's in a few. Can't wait!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

My d1ck is a PS3, your d1ck is a nitendo wii.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:38 PM |

So yours gets manhandled everyday by a pimply faced teenager but the Wii's gets more action from the ladies? Not sure how that would go?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 10:58 PM | Report abuse

Only legit metal bands are Sleep and An@l Cu#t

Posted by: chrislarry | August 24, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

Only legit metal bands are Sleep and An@l Cu#t

Posted by: chrislarry | August 24, 2010 10:59 PM |

Only if you're short sighted my man.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

i am admittedly short sighted when it comes to metal

Posted by: chrislarry | August 24, 2010 11:05 PM | Report abuse

My d1ck is a PS3, your d1ck is a nitendo wii.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 10:38 PM

That thing you're walking around with is a Game Boy.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 24, 2010 11:06 PM | Report abuse

Vikes are screwed. Brett's probably wishing he stayed in Mississippi.

Which brings me to DT11. With a good QB, he could be this year's Sidney Rice.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 24, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Vikes are screwed. Brett's probably wishing he stayed in Mississippi.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 24, 2010 11:14 PM

They have Marko Mitchell, right?

Posted by: beep-beep | August 24, 2010 11:20 PM | Report abuse

beep-

My dick needs no introduction, Your dick don't even function.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

That's right. How could I have forgotten about him.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 24, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

i am admittedly short sighted when it comes to metal

Posted by: chrislarry | August 24, 2010 11:05 PM |

Fair enough...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

dont think so LH (dt11) but hope you are right and i am wrong..

agree the talent at wr is much less in mn with injuries to rice, harvin and the TE

Posted by: chrislarry | August 24, 2010 11:26 PM | Report abuse

scamp-

My two favorites Trujillo and flea.

Here is RT's audition for Metallica.

Here is Trujillo.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 11:29 PM | Report abuse

scamp-

My two favorites Trujillo and flea.

Here is RT's audition for Metallica.

Here is Trujillo.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 11:29 PM | Report abuse

Trujillo was a beast when he played for Suicidal tendencies. I just about jumped out of my anus when I heard he was Metallica's new bassist. Suicidal was always in my top 10.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 11:33 PM | Report abuse

CL, I'm thinking DT11 is going to have a breakout year because of all of the attention that's going to have to be paid elsewhere. I don't think for a minute that Galloway is going to play much less start on this team. In preseason, he's started games but hasn't even been targeted once and is removed from the game pretty quickly. Devin's going to get a lot of looks.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 24, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

jaysus chrisss, I'm not on here for about a week and the lore of RedDMV lives on....

Pretty low to to try and clown a dude when he's not up here to get his own back... But whateves, I'll be the race pimpin bama ass negro (which I'm sure YOU ALL LOVE to relish in) and brownwoood26 and LMG can be some rehash clowns to their hearts content.

brown, did I heart your vag dat bad (yeah ebonics homie, get used to the condition) you feel a need to rehash some lame argument from WEEKS ago? Goddamn man, I never figured you for the feminine type. Only they don't let bygones be fu_king bygones.

But go ahead ahead and try to hype up your name on RI. It goes to show how PATHETIC and PRESSED you are to try and build your brand.

Goddamn, it's just COMMENTS exchanged on a message board. Why take the sh*t to heart. Fu_k man, LIG, ya dig?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 24, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

welcome back red

Posted by: chrislarry | August 24, 2010 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | August 24, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

WOW

Posted by: glawrence007 | August 24, 2010 11:42 PM | Report abuse

I've seen those clips diesel, he's pretty bad a$$.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Aside from the "sh*t on ninjas when they haven't been around" fan club, and da Skinz takin that 'L' boogs to da Raves in the PRESEASON, what the hell else has been going on here?

For realz, ppl need to take a d0uche and get the fu_k over it, man. Ppls aren't going to always post sh*t that brings a smile or make you nod in agreement. ESPECIALLY some sh*t that stems from way back when....

*lobbying for the (alleged)super-duper negro of the board to take his rightful place among the http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider elite.

Or whateva the new URL is gonna be.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 24, 2010 11:50 PM | Report abuse

I knew we'd been missin' someone.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 11:51 PM | Report abuse

My Ninja..

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 24, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

What up cL? Been going thru some bullsh*t and RI is like the solace at this time. It's a damn shame when you take a BRIEF time off, and peeps can't let some lil words get out of their system.

Don't mean no harm like when George call Florence wheezy..

Damn, you would've thunk I talked about homeboy's moms.... or Wiz.. or kids...

On a side note, where the p1funk is Flounder21 at? Haven't seen the homie post in about 30 years...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 24, 2010 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Same old BS Red. Bunch a dudes think the sky is fallin' couple dudes don't. Hayney still the #1 JReid topic. People still McNabb ain't gonna be good enough, forgettin' how bad Campbell was. Cryin' whinin' fightin'...some things never change. We have had a bunch a Cowchode Trolls up here recently. They're pretty weak.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 12:00 AM | Report abuse

We've been missing a lot of people over the last year. What happened to Kost from Australia? What about that Dolphin fan we used to have here on the reg? Pdiddy and freakzilla few and far between. I'm sure I'm forgettin' a bunch.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 12:03 AM | Report abuse

SCAMP, aka my 'Derek Vinyard' you been keeping your cool homie? Seen you been getting at da ol' bama ass MoFos. Your 'Buggin' Out' (Me to to your Derek Vinyard) is proud of you...

DieezFo-Fo', you the super duper ninja on da board, IMO. Or maybe the white antagonist... Especially with the tailgating your girlfriend gonna do dis Sunday. Is she still bringing dem baked beans and shish kabob?

Oh-n-hoe betta have my fired chicken HEAVILY sauteed!

Posted by: RedDMV | August 25, 2010 12:12 AM | Report abuse

Funny Derek Vinyard comment. I haven't parking blocked anyone for a while though. Maybe got close today with that tard Poopy and that idiot Chia. Mostly been hangin' low though. I'm looking forward to an 8-8 season...pretty sad but I'll take it.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 12:17 AM | Report abuse

scamp, caught the Cowhoe trolls up here, recently. Can't let it affect you. It's SOP up here around this time of year.

You asked as well 'what happened to...'...

I think they think like Nas "we killed 'hip hop'".

As much as I tend to disagree with ya, bamas have the same no holds barred, give it to any moFo way of going about their's... And I can respect that all day.

"*SNAP*.. still hate you -- still hate you"

Posted by: RedDMV | August 25, 2010 12:24 AM | Report abuse

I don't let those trolls bother me too much. The stuff they say doesn't even make sense or add up. We gotta buncha folks up here that feed the hell out of 'em. ITA I say.

We killed the blog huh? Oh well, still can get some Redskins discussions in from time to time.

Hate away, hate away.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 12:29 AM | Report abuse

Maybe got close today with that tard Poopy and that idiot Chia. - scamp

Oh so you had a lil dust up with Chia? LMAO! Me too... see what I mean?

"The enemy of my enemy is my enemy"...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 25, 2010 12:33 AM | Report abuse

"I think they think like Nas "we killed 'hip hop'".

Red-

and you know i made you look..

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 25, 2010 12:36 AM | Report abuse

I thought this was interesting, on the Eagles' new method for clearing players following a concussion:

"The first phase involves easy exercise in a quiet room, with no impact. So the player rides a bicycle slowly, raising his heart level to only 30 or 40 percent of its maximum. Then he sits on a table and does leg lifts and some stretching. If he can do that and remain symptom-free for 24 hours, the player moves to the next phase. The 24 hours is required at the end of each step. If a symptom pops up, he repeats the previous step."

In the next phase, the heart rate is raised higher, the bicycle is exchanged for a run or walk on a treadmill, some additional strength training is attempted, and the quiet room is now the team's gym (but when it is relatively empty). The third phase ups the ante further with more work in a normal gym environment, adding in video-game playing and also exercises that involve more head movement."

"On average, it takes 3 or 4 days to get through the first phase, then a day or 2 to get through the second," Burkholder said. "Then, the third phase, when you start moving their head, can be a while. That can mess them up. The fourth phase is more sports-specific stuff: run pass routes, pass sets [for linemen], get their heart rate up, more weightlifting. The fifth phase, we put them into a bit of contact - maybe a drill where they're butting up against each other, but not tackling. Late in the season, I have to hit them myself with [padded] clubs, just to jar them a little bit, just to see how they do."

Burkholder said they have to get through all of that, symptom-free, before he will clear them to play.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 25, 2010 12:37 AM | Report abuse

I ain't got no Skinz talk for ya right now. It Besides it's A&B blogging and that a lil gay, IMO. All due respect tho, RIGHT face!

I'm sayin no beef no love lost nor gained. It is what it is.... It's preseason so it's all circumstantial anyway. I'll be back on Tue, Sept. 13th....

Should be plenty of sandy vags to shake out by then...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 25, 2010 12:42 AM | Report abuse

Chia's alright Red, he just overeacts like a woman. He get's all in his feelings.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 12:42 AM | Report abuse

Gay indeed, peace to sandy vag's and Count Blacula

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 12:45 AM | Report abuse

Csn't stand the emo bloggas... it's like... drop ya sack, and pull ya skirt down, and grab a maxi-pad.

Aye yo, diez, just wanted to let ya know that I'm da last real ninja alive and dats official.

Hope ya got bass...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 25, 2010 12:53 AM | Report abuse

Red-

You know me, I got nothin but...

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 25, 2010 12:59 AM | Report abuse

I hope fast Willie blows it up. Not because I have any special affinity for Willie Parker but because I'd like to see another stud back there. If not, I'm all for Portis, Torrain, and Williams. I actually like the thought of 2 young guys back there.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 25, 2010 1:06 AM | Report abuse

scamp-

I'm on the record as calling the 2010 RB mix.

Portis
Torain
Williams

And this is a bonus...

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 25, 2010 1:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Mudhoney.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | August 25, 2010 2:30 AM | Report abuse

RedDMV is black? Why doesn't he call himself BlackDMV? I thought he was an Irish crabber, living on the DelMarVa peninsula. Damn, that explains a lot.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 6:15 AM | Report abuse

Follow the yellow brick road.....

beep beep

Posted by: beep-beep | August 25, 2010 6:24 AM | Report abuse

Larry, it's because of you that our QB can't play Friday. You had your shot, but both CP and WP would not have whiffed on BOTH defenders coming up the middle.

Posted by: wewbank1 | August 25, 2010 6:52 AM | Report abuse