LeBron roots for Cowboys and London Fletcher

Let's clear something up real quick. At Sunday's game, LeBron James was in attendance rooting for the Cowboys. Prior to the game, he was on the sidelines, tweeting things like, "All of this Maroon and Yellow is making me sick to the stomach!"

Following warm-ups, while most of his teammates sprinted back to the locker room, Redskins linebacker London Fletcher, a Cleveland native, came over to James and the two shared a few words and a laugh on the sideline.

"I was giving him hassle about being a Cowboys' fan. I wasn't showing any love," said Fletcher. "'How you going to be a Cowboys' fan? I gave you a Redskins' jersey last year."

So that's interesting. Assuming James kept the jersey -- a No. 59 with "FLETCHER" written across the shoulders -- he's a Cowboys' fan with burgundy and gold hanging in his closet. Apparently, in their brief discussion on the sidelines, James clarified his allegiances.

"He said he's a London Fletcher fan," Fletcher said. "He's been a Cowboys fan for a long time, so I can't fault him too much. But I still had to let him know that I wasn't too happy."

By Rick Maese  |  September 16, 2010; 11:30 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: How the Redskins learned to eat their veggies
Next: Clinton Portis declines to comment, with help from Albert Haynesworth

Comments

Just watched that Deangelo Hall strip. Hall made a smart play to begin the strip but Andre Carter dislodged it. Carter stayed with the play from the Cowboys backfield all the way to the perimeter. Carter's hit was what knocked the ball free.

Posted by: daglaw | September 16, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Wow...rapid fire posts...can't keep up!

Who cares...yawn...

Posted by: PlayAction | September 16, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: daglaw | September 16, 2010 11:39 AM

Hall held on to the runner until he saw that help was there and then went for the strip. Textbook.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 16, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I LITERALLY ran into LeBron in the concourse Sunday night.

Everybody started crowding around and taking pictures. LeBron took his phone camera out and started recording people taking HIS picture.

Yeah, he's not an egomaniac or anything...

Cowboys and Yankee fan from Cleveland?

Class A punk.

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 16, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

lebron is a dbag!

a cowboys fan for a long time? riiiiight....

Posted by: rachel216 | September 16, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Wow mass beepage

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 16, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Great! What's next, an article about Tom Cruise being a Redskins fan AND Tomo Homo fan? This post was a waste of my energy switching posts. Feel lazy and tired....yawn.....thanks Play, you know that yawning is contagious!!!

Posted by: monk811 | September 16, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

effing idiot. It's burgandy and gold, not maroon and yellow.

Posted by: withoutanet | September 16, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Skins should sign LeBron at WR & throw him fades in the red zone instead of A. Armstrong

Posted by: bernard_thompson | September 16, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

We all know that Maroon and Yellow make him sick...aren't those basically the same colors of the Cavs? He ran away from them too. Of course he's a Cowboys fan. They're always the most ego-maniacal, look at me, over-hyped buffoons on two feet and he's clearly one of them. I can tell you from where I sat (117, row 1) that he was booed unmercifulessly by the Maroon and Yellow faithful. I dislike this bama more than ever!! The epitome of punk!

Posted by: redpitbull98 | September 16, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: redpitbull98 | September 16, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

effing idiot. It's burgandy and gold, not maroon and yellow.

Posted by: withoutanet

He wasdescribing himself, a Yellow-Bellied Maroon!!

Posted by: iubiquity | September 16, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Recruit LeBron as a tackling dummy for AH. Fletch could finish him off and without LeBron, Thugball will be better to watch.

Posted by: pjohn2 | September 17, 2010 7:51 AM | Report abuse