Linebacker Larry Foote visits Redskins

Free agent linebacker Larry Foote came to town, visited with Redskins officials and apparently is hitting the road without a new contract.

It's believed Foote still intends to make his visit to the Arizona Cardinals this week. He's expected in Phoenix on Wednesday.

Foote spent last year with his hometown Detroit Lions but the previous seven seasons was with the Pittsburgh Steelers, playing under new Redskins' linebackers coach Lou Spanos.

According to an NFL.com report, Foote is seeking a contract that would exceed the one Scott Fujita signed Monday with Cleveland. Fujita reportedly will receive $14 million over three years, with about $8 million guaranteed.

Though Foote spent last year playing in Jim Schwartz's 4-3 defense, he would likely be an inside linebacker in a 3-4 system.

The Steelers are reportedly interested in bringing Foote back to Pittsburgh, too.

The Redskins also hosted running back Willie Parker and nose tackle Maake Kemoeatu today.

By Rick Maese  |  March 9, 2010; 4:13 PM ET
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Previous: Getting to the heart of the matter on blocking schemes
Next: Bryant might not be visiting after all

Add Redskins Insider to Your Site
Be the first to know when there's a new installment of Redskins Insider! This widget is easy to add to your Web site, and it will update every time there's a new entry.
Get This Widget >>

Comments

I'd hate to play a game of chicken against Bruce. Dude is sticking to his plan.

Posted by: TWISI | March 9, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

First!!

Posted by: jiza32 | March 9, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

I would like to pair Foote with London Fletcher as the interior LBs in a 3-4, but his asking price is WAY too high. Good that Bruce Allen stuck to the plan of not overpaying for anybody!

Posted by: gilk | March 9, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Girlfriend's b-day is today, and I'm picking her up in 4 hurs.

Question: What do I get her for her b-day?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 9, 2010 3:34 PM

Another girl ... and a cup.

Posted by: dcsween | March 9, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Girlfriend's b-day is today, and I'm picking her up in 4 hurs.

Question: What do I get her for her b-day?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 9, 2010 3:34 PM

Another girl ... and a cup.

Posted by: dcsween | March 9, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

OHHHHHHHHHHH snap. sickest vid ever. Next to "One guy one horse".

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 9, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Going with the frying pan, the 3-way and maple syrup. Because after the 3-way is done, she can make me pancakes before she races off to work.

Thanks Greg, even though the maple syrup was my idea.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 9, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I don't know that letting the guy leave is sticking to a plan. Quality UFAs can name their price in this market. For all we know, Bruce Allen offered that price and Foote just wants to see if the other two want to beat it.

Posted by: dcsween | March 9, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

z, I'm here for you....

just don't ask me to testify, she she uses that frying pan to...nevermind...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 9, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

I know he's a huge headache but could we benefit from trading for Marshawn Lynch? I don't foresee it happening, but he's got a lot of potential still.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 9, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

"I'd hate to play a game of chicken against Bruce. Dude is sticking to his plan."

Boy am I loving this new regime.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 9, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

I really don't care if we sign anyone this year that isn't a rookie.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 9, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Has there been anything about anyone bombing on the Wonderlic at the Combine? It seems like there are two or three stories like that every year, but I haven't heard any so far. Personally, I don't put much stock in the Wonderlic, but it's funny to see "analysts" get all worked up over it.

Posted by: closer44 | March 9, 2010 4:14 PM

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has Idaho's Mike Iupati (Guard, 6-5, 331) with a score of 13. He's considered the top prospect at guard and a projected 1st rounder.

Apparently, UMass tackle Vladimir Ducasse (6-4, 330), projected as a high second rounder, also scored a 13.

Posted by: Alan4 | March 9, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

z, I'm here for you....

just don't ask me to testify, she she uses that frying pan to...nevermind...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Just as long as I don't wind up like this guy ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 9, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

"I really don't care if we sign anyone this year that isn't a rookie."

Yes and no.

It would be nice to snag a vet wideout, a lineman, and linebacker.

I like the idea of not overspending and waiting out for 'unexpected, post-draft' cuts.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 9, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | March 9, 2010 4:34 PM

Couldn't his agent pick up the phone and tell the other teams this is what's on the table from the Skins? I think that with Foote leaving, the Skins weren't in the same ballpark as far as a contract, similar to Pashos.

Posted by: TWISI | March 9, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Boy am I loving this new regime.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 9, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Agreed, this dude does not blink.

Posted by: iH8dallas | March 9, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

al, I'd like both those guys on this team....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 9, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

On 2nd thought, I just wikipedia'ed Marshawn Lynch. His "controversy" section is longer than his "NFL career" section.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | March 9, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

The Scenario:

Girlfriend's b-day is today, and I'm picking her up in 4 hurs.

Question: What do I get her for her b-day?

Answer: Another girl ... and a cup.

Analysis:

The starkly placed "..two girls and a cup..." comment is crude, vulgar, sexist, titillating, profane, scatological, primitive, snarky, prurient, salacious, mildly homophobic, beastial, sophomoric, and a brutally suggestive use of kitchenware.

Which is why it's so funny.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 9, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Bean, I agree. If we could get those "Wonderlic twins" along with Okung, I would give this year's draft an A+.

Posted by: Alan4 | March 9, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Sure seems like salary cap problems will become a thing of past. In this shallow FA pool, it is important not to over pay.

Not at all unhappy with this FO so far.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 9, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

So, we got a Foote in the door. Followed by a Foote out the door.

Nice seein' ya Larry.

Posted by: League-Source | March 9, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | March 9, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

more like a 1600 on the SAT

Posted by: iH8dallas | March 9, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Sign somebody please!!!!!!!!!!!!! There won't be anybody left at this pace.

Posted by: brett4 | March 9, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Boy am I loving this new regime.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 9, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Agreed, this dude does not blink.

Posted by: iH8dallas | March 9, 2010 4:42 PM

OK, I guess so ... in that he's not Vinny. But what is so impressive about interviewing a top unrestricted free agent and letting him leave? I mean, Buffalo does that. And they've produced, um, the Bills.

Is it part of a "plan" to interview these guys and then NOT make competitive offers?

Moe, I don't think I said anything homophobic ... though I've never watched that thing to its conclusion ... do they kiss before its over?

Posted by: dcsween | March 9, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse