Lines Still Are Key for Skins

Jason Reid looks ahead. And Jason La Canfora, who is driving, driving, driving, calls in some thoughts as he heads to Redskins Park for Jim Zorn's presser. First, the Unrestricted Reid report -- audio only:

And here's JLC's analysis:

I'm going to be banging the same drum I have been banging for a while now: It's hard to look at what we've seen on the offensive and defensive lines and predict good things are going to happen for this team. Maybe it's a matter of overestimating talent at key positions or underestimating the transition to a new regime, but players are being asked to win one-on-one battles and it isn't happening.

Jim Zorn would love to get by with five or six guys protecting his quarterback, but it seems that he's had to shift away from that when his line is overmatched. I plan to ask him to what degree he got away from four- and five-receiver sets based on how poor the pass protection was in the first couple series of plays last night. I suspect he had to rethink, much as he did against Carolina, and scrap the plan. And, no matter what offense you're running, you have to sustain something with the run and averaging 3.7 yards per carry just won't cut it. The Giants averaged over one yard more per attempt.

While I'm on the topic of Zorn, the last couple of drives were positively Gibbsian. When the team needed two scores with six minutes to play, they completed a 26-yard pass to Antwaan Randle El and then wasted three minutes between the 35s. There was no killer instinct, no attempt to stretch the defense and connect on a deep shot. Zorn has said he isn't a huge proponent of the no-huddle, but in this case there was no sense of urgency. This didn't seem to be a decisive, focused operation. I often criticized Joe Gibbs for many of those things (and for wasting timeouts and burning the play clock), but his teams generally found a way to make the last minutes matter. No one watching the game last night could have thought the Redskins would overcome that deficit.

Zorn has been critical of his players and that's a refreshing change from his predecessor in many ways, but I'll be interested to hear whether he questions his playcalling and decision-making after he reviews the game. If you're going to call your players out, you'd better be prepared to do the same about yourself...especially if you're a rookie head coach with no previous experience as an offensive coordinator.

This is a veteran team that has been together a long time and has been through a lot together. For four years, the players had a coach who, for better or worse, took the blame for everything that went wrong. This is another new dynamic that is going to bear watching.

By Cindy Boren  |  September 5, 2008; 11:04 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: An 0-1 Start for Redskins Is in the Books
Next: NFL Executive's Take on the Offense, Defense

Comments

No we suck for supporting this group of overpaid bums - Go Ravens?

Posted by: Redskin Fans | September 5, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I think I did okay.

Posted by: Jim Zorn | September 5, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Was this Cindy or Janso...either way I pretty much agree...

I was having Spurrier flashbacks with the blocking schemes...

The lack of urgency by the offense was maddening....They scored at the end of first half so its moot, but that drive was insane...not calling timeouts when you have three...they puked away game clock all night...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 5, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only one envisioning that JLa is driving, driving, driving in his car, squealing with glee and having an imaginary "I told you so!" confontation with Vinny and Danny?

Posted by: p1funk | September 5, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I sucked the most. I was hoping for Santana to be open all night and I didn't even look at Cooley's area most of time when he was open. I forgot about Portis could run too. I just suck.

Posted by: Jason Campbell | September 5, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

This new set-up for the Insider leaves something to be desired. I liked it better when you could go to the main Insider page and scroll through all posts instead of having to click on each one. It was also good to be able to see how many comments each post had.

Posted by: Ted | September 5, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Some good point by JLa. Eh, I guess it's all Doom and Gloom I guess I'm going to have to show up to tailgate extra early next week so that i don't remember what happens.

Posted by: Skinz | September 5, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

o line needs to protect and d line needs to apply pressure. it's like deja vu with this team every year...

that's why i love being a redskins fan.

Posted by: blah | September 5, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

"...Zorn has said he isn't a huge proponent of the no-huddle, ..."

Wow!! And this is coming from a former QB!

Posted by: What? Who? | September 5, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

deal, are you not understanding what I'm saying??

JLA, outright LIED about the rookies playing in this game FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ADVANCING HIS AGENDA AGAINST THE TEAM, but I don't have a leg to stand on?? "basically the entire draft class is inactive", is NOT THE TRUTH.

If he came out and said that Devin Thomas didn't have a catch would that be true?

Sally Jenkins, again, just throws crap against the wall that suits her agenda.

If she wants to PROVE HER POINT, she should have come with, They should have drafted "Player X" who is slated to start for "Team X", and was available when the Redskins took "Thomas/Davis/Kelly". Otherwise she's just saying this draft class is a bust, after 1 game. Stupid, and irresponsible journalism.

Yeah, I'm a Republican, no joke. Get over your hangups with it.

And p1, I totally could picture that....

Posted by: Greg | September 5, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

After watching this game.
WE need some help !!
By the way, I could give a dam if u feel it's too early to talk about this !

2009 Redskins Draft:

1st Round CB - after seeing our CB's drop too many INT's,Plaxico Burress eat us alive & now knowing that Shawn Springs could give a damn about this organization or playing football at all for that matter, it's clear that our 1st rounder needs to go to a top flight CB !! Did I mention how much $$ CB's command in the free agent market ?? Exactly.

2nd Round - Jason Taylor

3rd Round - OL I'm not sure if you need to draft a LT and start grooming him to replace Chris Samuels because I still feel like Chris might have a few left in him, or perhaps a guard to replace Randy Thomas but it's clear we need help soon. Kendall is going to get replaced by Rinehardt. So it's a toss up between RG, LT or C or maybe even a RT to compete with Heyer. But we need some help. We need some talented help.

4th round LB - this unit did not look to bad in the NY game but M Washington's health will always be of concern from here on out, and we just do not have a lot of depth... Rocky's knees ?? Who knows ? But we need some more young talent back there besides HB Blades and you can get a good LB in the 4th round.

5th round OL - Bring back the Hogs !! If the 3rd rounder is a flop you might have luck with the 5th rounder, or this could just be more depth. Trust me you can never have enough depth and talent at OL. We are fine at WR with all of the picks devoted in the 08 draft. Safety's come cheap in the FA market, our D-Line looks solid and deep with young talent (C.Wilson, E. James, Rob Jackson, K. Golston, A. Montgomery) lord knows we are fine at RB, we've got plenty at TE,LB was just adressed, QB, ehhh ?? This pick needs to go to either a CB or OL whichever is the best available between the 2 positions of need

6th round - Best available - at this point your dipping into a pool of guys that you just hope will make an NFL roster (yours) so you can't be picky. Get whatever is the best out there with the pich that you have, even if it's a TE or Safety. Since that is all the Redskins ever draft for the past 7 years.

7th round - Best available - ditto and cross your fingers that the best available happens to be a position of need to you (CB or OL)

Posted by: I give a damn if u think it's too early to bring this up. | September 5, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

The positive about this in a week or two all the fair weather fans will be gone.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 5, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

O line and secondary I agree

Posted by: The Truth | September 5, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

All the negativity in this town sucks!!

Posted by: Rick Pitino | September 5, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Man, what did the Redskins do to Sally Jenkins? This chick HATES you guys! Every column she writes, the words are blurred from venom drippings.

Did Snyder not call her the next day or something?

Posted by: iCowboyFan | September 5, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Hey Greg,

Your a republican and D*&k rider too, for telling someone that you don't know that they're better than that. Now go sit in a corner and think about what a fool you are for supporting a party that brought us D. Cheney, G.Bush, a homo politician from Idaho, a gay pedophile Congressman from Florida, and and an evil crook like Karl Rove. It's OK Greg because they take good care of your money right ?

Posted by: Thelonius J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

DRAFT KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO

Posted by: The Truth | September 5, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Any explanation given yet for the languid performance in the final 6 minutes despite being down two scores? We were watching with the game on mute at a wedding party and none of us (Giants fans included) could figure out what was going on. I couldn't for the life of me understand why they kept huddling...

Posted by: P Diddy | September 5, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I would not compare our blocking last night with Spurrier, we only gave up one sack last night and that was on JC.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 5, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

DRAFT KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO

Posted by: The Truth | September 5, 2008 11:32 AM

That name is not quite as good as mine

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | September 5, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Never too soon to look at this. But,
-we don't have a 7th rounder.
-we will probably traid someone for picks end of the season, question is who.
-we also may traid back a few of our picks to have more overall.(I am a big proponent of dumping the 1st for more 2nd and 3rd rounders.)
-good news, The top 100 prospects this year are mostly D and OL, so we need to figure a way to get a bunch of them if we can.

I would not be opposed to traiding our 1st for a 2-3-3 or something like that, and our 4-6 for a 3rd nor would i mind traiding a player or two away for picks. If we can get five picks in that 50-100 range we could do some damage in the draft. Also I am not opposed to signing FA's for the OL, so long as they are young (26ish) and Bug's likes em.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 5, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Can someone give me a word of encouragement and tell me why the Cowboys are not going to win it all...because I have a sinking feeling they are going to be lights-out this year.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:10 AM

They have not won a playoff game in 12 yrs.

They will implode with all the whiners and criminals they have on there team.

That about sums it up.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 5, 2008 10:16 AM

There coach is nothing more than a lame duck.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

I still don't know what JC was doing on that sack on the...was it the very first offensive play? He had PLENTY of time and ran right into the defenders.

Either way, we're still The Redskins and still the best darn organization in professional sports!

Posted by: The Truth | September 5, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

The Oline actually did a good job in pass proteation. You cant tell me that they didint give JC enough time. The run blocking was something less then to be desired, can we please get portis out on the wing you could see his visual frusteration at having to run gut between the tackles everytime.

Posted by: Stu | September 5, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: P Diddy | September 5, 2008 11:33 AM
------
Yep, Zorn's response to Sonny was "First of all, it was 8 minutes...) He basically said that they didn't execute.

Jasno on Zoron (I like the new nickname):
"Zorn has said he isn't a huge proponent of the no-huddle, but in this case there was no sense of urgency. "

Posted by: What? Who? | September 5, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Or mine either !

Posted by: Atari Bigby | September 5, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

There were too many nifty 6 or 8 or even 11 yard completions on third down when just one yard more was required to get the first down. I think Zorn will be a great coach, but I was stunned by how often the plays called seemed poorly calculated to accomplish needed first downs.

Posted by: George | September 5, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

I am our best pass-catching weapon. Throw to me.

Posted by: Chris Cooley | September 5, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Any job openings? You look like you could use some help.

Posted by: Terry Hermeling | September 5, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Wanted:
6'4" 210-230 lb CB, who likes to play phisical football.

Duties will include: Covering Burris and TO. Smacking other corners upside the head for mistkaes. Other tasks as requested by Greg Blanche.

Posted by: Skins Jobs Available | September 5, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Would somebody please introduce the secondary to stick-um.

Posted by: Peter | September 5, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

This reminds me more of Marty Schottenheimer's year here than Spurrier. We switched to a west coast offense in 2001 and had about the same results. No offense at all for the first 5 games, which were all losses. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll make the playoffs if we lose our first 5 games with all the NFC teams we play. Another sorry year, expecting this to be worse than 2006. :(

Posted by: We're screwed | September 5, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Did Snyder not call her the next day or something?

Posted by: iCowboyFan | September 5, 2008 11:31 AM

Here's the deal with Sally Jenkins. She is a New Yorker who lives in New York and, for some inexplicable reason, is employed by the Washington Post. No one here can really stand her writing and no one pays much attention to her columns unless us ticked-off Redskins fans need a punching bag to tee off on. She hates us back for that and continues to write diatribe passed off as a sports column.

In the immortal words of Tony Kornheiser on Sally Jenkins: "Every now and then she lobs a Katyusha rocket into DC from her perch in New York".

Posted by: p1funk | September 5, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Hey, Carlos Rogers. I'm the original 'hands of stone'. Stop trying to be me !!

Posted by: Roberto Duran | September 5, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Zorn needs to learn that the checkdown recevers for JC need to still be beyond the stix in the late quarters when you are down. The coming up short is fine if tied or in the lead. JC is making the safe move dumping it off. But you have to force JC to Dump it to a guy further away in those situations.

LEARN ZORN LEARN!

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 5, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Nice cut and paste. It's never too early to bring this up. We need a #1 corner first and foremost. Springs isn't going to be around much longer. Hell, he considered retiring this summer. I haven't seen anyone capable of taking his place. O-line...needs no explanation (but I will-old). D-line... see O line. Linebacker- we have some ggod linebackers but injuries and age are major concerns for the starters and the depth just isn't there yet.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

For all the "virgin eyes" who never seen two men argue, or god forbid fight, this shti ain't for you. Keep scrolling...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

again...don't get personal. vadude, you didn't have to do what you just did cuz you got personal with someone. i highly doubt that you'd talk to me like that in person. now bunch of people have your e-mail address.

Posted by: dealer | September 5, 2008 11:06 AM

ann, i'm okay now. my job is done. i just wanted vadude to feel how i felt. mission accomplished.

Posted by: dealer | September 5, 2008 11:09 AM

Okay, first off. I don't sugarcoat nothing, dealer. You think how I addressed you in my first post, I wouldn't do as such if I seen you in person? You're wrong, dude. And as far as the personal tip, yeah I called you a "box of tools". Yeah I called you a "d0chebag", but if you call these insults or personal attacks then you haven't really been insulted or attacked personally. You're weak, homeboy. It's as simple as that. You want someone to kiss your ass and tell you nicely how you're wrong? Really, who in the hell do you think you are?

You think I give a damn about someone having that email address? Like many people I have more than one, so save that condescending B dot f'n S for someone who cares.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 5, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I really can't do the 2009 draft along with politics in addition to the doom and gloom can we try to stick with one ridiculous topic at a time?

Posted by: Skinz | September 5, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Would somebody please introduce the secondary to stick-um.

Posted by: Peter | September 5, 2008 11:40 AM

Really. The way these corners drop potential interceptions evokes images of watching NBA players who shoot like 50% from the free throw line: How can you get paid that much money and still SUCK at a very basic component of your job?

Posted by: p1funk | September 5, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Alex35332,

I like the idea of going heavy with OL in the 1st 100 picks, but I don't like the idea of trading our 1st for it. We don't need depth at CB, we need a talented starter badly. I like Springs even though he sat out, but its safe to say he might not be here next year and Smoot is a great nickel corner at this point in his career. After watching Burress tear us a new A-Hole and knowing that T-blO is licking his chops for Week 4 with us it's clear that your not going to get a 5-11" - 6'0 stud corner anywhere past the 1st round. CB is definitely a skill position and you gotta draft early too even have a shot at a good All-Pro (even then your not promised, see 2005 draft) it's not to say you couldn't land a gem CB in the 3rd,4th or 5th rounds. But I would definitely play the odds on the CB part.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Sally makes me miss Tony. The man was a pain to my ears but he was more ballanced in his analisys.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 5, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

I'm leaving. Hopefully by the end of the night the stupid fighting will stop. As if one of you will prove the other wrong. I mean philly fans aren't this bad. They beat up on their team (which the 'skins deserve at the moment), but at least not each other.

Posted by: Karen | September 5, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Pretty soon, Zoron is going to start hitting Campbell on the nose with a rolled up newspaper when he comes off the field.

Posted by: Not Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

That was due to the quarterback not throwing the ball, 100 percent," Zorn said. (A quote from HC Zorn about the very first play being a sack)

JC is the reason the offense looked putrid. You can all choose to ignore that, and go about your merry way, but he isn't even close to being great, he's barely a good QB at this level.

Also, the WR's aren't scaring anyone, especially in the division. Moss is the best, and he's very good, but small. Thrash and ARE? You've got to be kidding me.

Posted by: longsufferingskinsfan | September 5, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Enough doom and gloom. Aside from their inability to protect the QB, establish the run, stop the run, and pressure the QB, they weren't that bad.

It could've been worse (and probably should've). If I was Coughlin I would've run Jacobs a lot more. He was killing them. The interior of the skins OL and DL were pretty bad last night (among other things).

Posted by: skinswest | September 5, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Thelonius J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 11:31 AM

I'm not picking an argument with you, Thelonius. But let me ask you this, how do you know who Greg knows and doesn't know?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 5, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Karen | September 5, 2008 11:50 AM

----
And Santa Claus.

And Chief Zee.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Yeah come on there couldnt be more time until the next draft, we all know the age issues but many things are going to change with ya know only the last 15 freakin games to play.

Posted by: Stu | September 5, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Karen | September 5, 2008 11:50 AM

Karen,

Trust me when I tell you Philly fans beat up on each other and everyone else.

This is a 3 yr old squabble to Philly fans, it would not even register as a fight.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | September 5, 2008 11:47 AM

I say draft, its the most opomistic and appropreate.
---
Anon,
Personally I don't love the idea of traiding a 1st pick either. But I would rather see us get picks back and get more guys rather than spend the money for a younger FA CB next year, I hate that we traded away first day picks again and again. It all depends on who is out there next year, kind of wish we had gone after Samuels this offseason but we could not afford it.

Posted by: 35332 | September 5, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

While they will need another CB, I'd rather see them focus on building from the frontlines back for a change. I'd put the order of priories at OL/DL, LB, CB. A semblance of a pass rush will help the CB's.

Posted by: skinswest | September 5, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone else have a fundemantal problem with running a WCO with a power running game. isnt part of the reality of the WCO is that you can throw on short yardage aswell. we are still running between the tackles on 3rd and 2, maybe they cuold open that up with a pass. Stop running draw plays before you set up the pass as well it only hinders portis.

Posted by: Stu | September 5, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

The whole O-line is terrible and the D-line is missing a dominant Defensive tackle. Granted the cornerbacks have no hands but I don't care who you put back there it wont make a difference without pressure.
Cut Jansen, Rogers, Griffin, Thomas and take your lumps for the next two seasons.

Posted by: Roger | September 5, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

JLaC - THE WHOLE GAME WAS WORST THEN GIBBSIAN NOT JUST THE LAST FEW MINUTES.

Posted by: 4th | September 5, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Thelonius J. Blacksburg :

How about a felon mayor from detroit, a president who lied under oath to his entire country, a dirty governer from NY, and a guy from Arkansas who cheats on his sick wife.

Yeah democrats sure do produce some great political figures too huh?????

Posted by: Well now | September 5, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ted | September 5, 2008 11:24 AM

use this link:

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Gents and Gals:

Take a knee (not facing the sun). This did not look good overall, but things got better (overall) as the game played out:

-Defense started to hold
-Offense started to move

This will take time. Zorn is new to this whole thing and will learn - he is bright. Rookie wide receivers don't generally contribute first year (which is why you don't draft them, I guess). Springs was out. Taylor nicked. Landry playing for the first time. The key for me will be Campbell and Zorn. I was frustrated by the number of passes on third down that came up short by a yard in the 2nd half. Those were killers. Plays need to be called and Campbell will have to execute if success will be seen.

Posted by: Not over yet | September 5, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

JC had enough time, most of the night. he didn't throw the GD ball! He also has trouble finding who's open. The O-line isn't great, but it did enough if there was a QB that would release the ball. Maddening game last night, including the lack of clock control qat the end. Makes you realize what a terrific job Gibbs did with mediocre talent.

BTW, not that anyone would care, but Colin Cowherd said the skins are almost unwatchable becasue they are so boring. Thought you should know.

Posted by: longsufferingskinsfan | September 5, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

No football argument ever brought down the price of arugula.

Posted by: Barack Obama | September 5, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

The skins will be fine. This is the same giants team that started o-2, and got BLOWN OUT in those 2 games. Give the skins a chance to rebound before all you idiots write them off. And by the way Jason LaCanfora is a joke, his "insider info" is terrible, and his reporting is lousy, just a fat slob who runs his mouth, never played football a day in his life.

Posted by: It's ok | September 5, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I was having Spurrier flashbacks with the blocking schemes...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 5, 2008 11:23 AM

At least Spurrier chucked the ball down the field. This is nothing like Spurrier.

Plus, that did not seem like last year's offensive running game if you ask me......

Posted by: 4th | September 5, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Red of the DMV,
why be rude?

Posted by: stumped | September 5, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: longsufferingskinsfan | September 5, 2008 11:59 AM

They did look pretty damn boring. No belly fire at all.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell should do himself (and apparently the rabid 'Skins fans out there) a huge favor and take a cue from Dante Culpepper -- retire now. He can always go to divinity school and join his father's ministry because, honestly, who needs this B.S.? If these jokers want Colt Brennan, I say let them have him! He should just move on and enjoy his life a-la Heath Shuler. He does not have the temperment, intelligence or self-confidence to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, so he should get out now!

Posted by: Guisher | September 5, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Colin Cowherd can kiss my arse. I don't listen to any of Danny's propaganda outlets. Don't give that guy the ratings.

I also don't roll on Shabbus.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: longsufferingskinsfan | September 5, 2008 11:59 AM

You are right...no one cares.

Posted by: p1funk | September 5, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

When Clinton lied nobody died. C'mon man you set me up to easy for that one.

When NY Gov. Elliot did his dirt it was with an adult of the same sex. Not a 16 year old boy. I don't know about you, but I'll pick my poison. "Well now" !

Posted by: Thelonius J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 12:06 PM

Ok so according to you theonis (or whatever the hell your name is), it is ok to lie UNDER OATH to the entire country, as long as nobody dies. I'll keep that in mind for all my future dealings with the court system. HAHAHAHA

Posted by: well now | September 5, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Deleting posts with Snyder in them. Does he own the Post now too?

Posted by: Hmmm | September 5, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

When Clinton lied nobody died. C'mon man you set me up to easy for that one.

Posted by: Thelonius J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 12:06 PM

Actually while Clinton was lying, he was also calling in bombs in Bosnia...but that doesn't really count, right?

Posted by: Wag the Dog | September 5, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Carlos Rogers. I'm the original 'hands of stone'. Stop trying to be me !!

Posted by: Roberto Duran | September 5, 2008 11:42 AM
-------------------------------------------

I am also known for my hands of stone, but I have to say that Carlos puts us both to shame. Oh well, at least I beat Ric Flair once.

Posted by: Ron Garvin | September 5, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: It's ok | September 5, 2008 12:00 PM

Hey, if you don't like what JLa has to say, why do you visit here?

Posted by: It's not over | September 5, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Red of the DMV,

No I don't know if that dude knows you, but I do know the code of the streets and that is when you are watching your friend fight you let him take his own lumps like a man. You have your friends back only in the case that another from the opposite side tries to jump in, then that's the green light for you. But until that happens you stay the heck out of the fight and let 2 men settle it. Nobody needs to jump in for nothing. If you wanted to squash it or decide that you are above it, then as a man you can decide for yourself. Right ? Of course ! You know it and I know it but apparently others don't understand it.

Posted by: Thelonius J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Posts are not deleted because they have "Snyder" in them. They are deleted because they're profane, offensive or contain personal attacks.

Posted by: Cindy | September 5, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

And he should know from boring!

Posted by: cload & daggar | September 5, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

The Skins need an infusion of youth and talend on the OL and DL. They've only used 3 picks in top half of the draft since 1999 on OL -- Samuels Rd 1-2000; Dockery Rd 3-2003; and Rhinehart Rd 3 - 2008.

The DL record is even worse...no picks on DL above 5th round since 1999. Last high DL pick? Kenard Lang in RD 1 - 1997. Compare that to the Giants DL: Tuck Rd3-2005; Kiwanuka Rd1-2006; Umeniyora Rd2-2003; Alford Rd3-2007; Cofield Rd4-2006.

You may be able to OL in later rounds and undrafted free agents, but DL need to be drafted high.

Glad we got 3 receivers with this year's draft that can't even get on the field...way to go, Vinny

Posted by: distraught | September 5, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Hey, if you don't like what JLa has to say, why do you visit here?

Posted by: It's not over | September 5, 2008 12:18 PM

We visit here b/c we are Redskins junkies and we have to live with JLa's agenda-driven reporting. It's not like we have the power to replace him at WaPo...anyways, as far as I'm concerned, the ripping of JLa is nothing personal...just business!

Posted by: p1funk | September 5, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Hey, can we sign players today/tomorrow because our "week 1" is over?

If so, who do we need to call first? McMullen? Cornerback/Safety? WCO Quarterback? Head Coach candidate?

Posted by: cload & daggar | September 5, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I have a dumb question. Jim Zorn was brought here to be the OC before being named head coach....so even if he had not been promoted, he would still be calling the plays...and we would still be in this situation, right?

I miss Gregg Williams...and Sean T!

Posted by: Lisa | September 5, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

We didn't have problems with new coaches and new systems!

Posted by: Dallas, Pittsburgh | September 5, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Zorn's presser is on ESPN 980

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 5, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

On the good side:
Blache made the adjustments on D. Jacobs still hurt us in the 2nd half, but it should've been a lot worse. I can only assume by the Jint's playcalling in the 2nd half that whatever adjustments he made had the effect of making Manning think he could pass easily, and once we got him thinking that way, the game tightened up... a little bit.

Posted by: cload & daggar | September 5, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: It's ok | September 5, 2008 12:00 PM

Hey, if you don't like what JLa has to say, why do you visit here?

Posted by: It's not over | September 5, 2008 12:18 PM

I visit here to talk to all the lovely people that post here. JLaC is a dirtbag.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Zorn is a true West Coaster. Too easy going.......

Posted by: 4th | September 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Zorn presser on now. Critical of Campbell.

He really sounds bad. Trying to make friends with the media. Lost his train of thought to take time to compliment somebody on the jersey they were wearing.

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Watching Seattle & other WC offenses it seems the QB throws the ball to where the receiver is expected to be. Last night it just looked like JC is hanging on to the ball until he sees the receiver get open. Does that mean he doesn't think the receiver will get separation at the right time or that he just isn't sure which one to throw to?

He just seemed unsure alot.

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Hey, can we sign players today/tomorrow because our "week 1" is over?

Posted by: cload & daggar | September 5, 2008 12:23 PM

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Red of the DMV,
why be rude?

Posted by: stumped | September 5, 2008 12:06 PM

My goodness! What's wrong with you people? Who's being rude? I'm just telling the truth, speaking my mind, expressing myself.

People are just way too damn sensitive these days.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I guess we're supposed to go 16-0 every year regardless if we have a new coach or not.

Posted by: Embarassed to be a Skins fan | September 5, 2008 12:27 PM

You're just now figuring that out? Sheesh, where you been man?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dcsween | September 5, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

TE,

They talked about the player signings Skins and Gints can start signing now.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 5, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Question: Gregg Williams' defense excelled last year, right? So why does Blache feel the need to simplify it?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

The best pass defense is a dominant D Line.

The best Offense is a dominant O Line.

Our sub-par FO did nothing to help us in either of those areas.

We will not be a dominant team until we get a first rate FO.

Posted by: Wyatt Earp | September 5, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Zorn presser on now. Critical of Campbell.

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 5, 2008 12:32 PM

Hey jacka$$, got anything positive? Ever? All you've done is bash away. You must be hated at home. "Son, I know it's only your first day at school, but you're never gonna amount to nuthin', now don't trip gettin' on the bus."

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Wag Dog & Well now

Since both of you of greaseballs like to gang up on folks I'll kill both of you birds with the same stone.

Clinton lied about getting blown by an adult of the opposite sex . He did not have to falsify the means of going at Bosnia to the entire country as your boy George did. People died but Clinton didn't fabricate this complex scheme of fraudulent misleadings to entire country, nor did it cost our grandchildren the $$ that Iraq has. How can you even compare the two ? So that makes you totally wrong Wag Dog.

As for you Well Now,

I suppose you have forgotten about the oath that Bush took when he came into the office ? Remember that little part about upholding the constitution ? Need I elaborate any further. I'll tell you what, go on you tube and try to look for Bush taking oath. And you want to come at me with Haa Haa as if that was your check mate move ? By his re-election in 2004 Bush knew he was deceiving the country he lied under oath. How do you want it ? Iraq or Lewinsky ? It's not OK to lie under oath which is why I said pick your poison. Now both of you do me a favor and pick your rock.

Posted by: Thelonius J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Listen party people, we all lost last night(Skins fans anyway, and those who bet on them--that's your own fault).

Outside of the time when it was 16-0, the Giants fans have plenty of ripping they could do on their squad as well. The only difference is that they did score 16(9 more than the Skins), and they held on for dear life for the victory. They won't rip much because they won. They'll talk crap because they won, and they can, but deep down they're not making plans to save up for their Super Bowl tics.

The Giants 'D' is pretty good, regardless what people want to believe. The game was in their loud a** home stadium, and minus a few players, they are the same offense and defense from last year system-wise.

Not a good set-up for a Redskin win, right?? RIGHT!! So, all of you who smoke the choke and drink the drunk, just sit back and watch the this team get better and better. At least that way, you'll care just a little less if they don't improve.

I'm as diehard as they come and I'm tired of the pure disappointment and anticipation of disappointment this team has given us for past decade-and-a-half or more, but I refuse to do anything but hope for the best and root for the whole organization unconditionally every single day, ACCEPT WHEN I'M WATCHING THE GAME AND THEY'RE BREAKING MY HEART AND EMBARRASSING ME FOR 60 MINUTES. After that it's another day, another chance, and another week of hoping for the best.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Everybody Must Get High | September 5, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Go do that political stuff somewhere else before I sick Sarah on your b*tt and she field dresses you!

Posted by: Wyatt Earp | September 5, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

My thoughts
1. LACK OF INTENSITY. What this group had in 2007 has left the building
2. Too many dumb mistakes, including
On 3rd and long, Campbell throws short to Santana Moss. I'm not sure which was dumber. Throwing short to Moss or calling a play where your best receiver runs a 4 yard pattern when you need 12.
On the one deep ball, Moss had his man beat and STOPPED running.
On 3rd and 1, they ran a simple dive play ... exactly what hadn't worked vs Jax.
In the 2nd half they completed 4 or 5 passes on 3rd down that DIDN'T go for a 1st down
And of course, the failure to go no huddle, let alone move quickly, in the 4th quarter when down 2 scores.
3. Jason Taylor was not ready, but this game should help him
4. The defense does need to make those INTs. Especially while the offense is struggling to figure out what its doing
5. Rock had a strong game
6. We have 10 days to prep for the next game and that is a good thing
7. Zorn really did need to learn what he's got and what he hasn't. The preseason didn't answer a lot of questions
8. At least the defense showed up in the 2nd half. They bent more than they broke in the first half.
9. Is McMullen on the team yet?
10. Where were all the passes to the RBs in patterns?

And just for Greg ... yes Anquan Boldin would definitely help this team a lot.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 5, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Thelonius J. Blacksburg :

In my original post, I simply didn't want you to forget about the crooked dems as well.

That said, you did bring up some very valid points, and backed them up quite nicely I might add. You are good at arguing your cause. I can't argue.

Posted by: Well Now | September 5, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Jim Zorn | September 5, 2008 11:20 AM

"I think I did okay."

That's hilarious and sadly true at the same time. This was one of the most disorganized group of guys I've seen on a field. The play calling was a disaster, and that starts with the coach. Maybe I should lend Zorn a copy of Madden 09 to practice some play calling...

Posted by: Let Down | September 5, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Yeah...it's a tough call.

Posted by: Wag the Dog | September 5, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I honestly don't want anybody to forget about anything. People want to talk about they like honest politicians but then one comes around like Ron Paul and we shun him like a strange step-child. I never agreed with all of Ron Paul's politics or subscribed to all of his theories, but at least he told you what he was going to do.

Posted by: Thelonius J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Thelonius - I live in Galveston and am one of Paul's constituents and a Republican. I also have a graduate degree in economics. Paul is a fool. His economic statements are legendary due to their astonishing lack of scope and tunnel vision. He wows people who know nothing about what he claims to be an expert in.

Go talk politics somewhere else!!!!

Posted by: Wyatt Earp | September 5, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

If the WCO is so freakin' difficult to master that it takes 3-5 years and injuries are so prevalent, what's the point? Run a different offense.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

"On the one hand we have a pres who lied and used the military in order to secure America's energy and national security interests"

Secure national security ? We could be here all day debating that.

Secure our energy ? Not too savvy of a way to do it. I'd say we invested more energy and financial resources than we saved in the long run. And you have inside knowledge that our national energy was under threat prior to 2002 ? I know I don't.

"On the other hand we have a president who lied and used the military to divert people's attention from the fact that he needed a BJ from an intern"

C'mon guy be serious, everyone in their right mind knows that he didn't need to go to war with Bosnia so he could "divert attention" for a BJ. What a silly oral sex conspiracy theory, and a weak way to get your point across. After reading that, your wasting my time. I'm done with you.

Posted by: T.J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Oh wait so we've come all the way back around again...you CANNOT IGNORE OTHER PARTS OF THE TEAM TO FOCUS ON JUST ONE THING IN THE OFFSEASON.

Posted by: Broken Clipboard | September 5, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | September 5, 2008 11:23 AM

Nope. I'm sure the rest of your buddies at Redskins Park are equally POed at a reporter for th HATED WaPo doing his job.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 5, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Wyatt Earp,

I specifically said: "I never agreed with all of Ron Paul's politics or subscribed to all of his theories" anticipating someone like you to come out and say something like what you did. I refernced him in a totally different context. I am lauding him for his engaging grass roots movement & that he has cured many peoples apathy in politics. As a fan of politics you've gotta love that. Involvement by the people, even if it's for what YOU perceive to be the wrong person, it's the fact that people are caring again. This translates to further interests and maybe discovering that R. Paul wasn't their ideal candidate after all, and they move on to wiser decisions. But either way the bottom line is it fosters civic involvement in our country, that was Paul's gift to us.

Posted by: T.J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I agree with your sentiment... however, if it is his ideas that excite people, you have to wonder if you want people of that intellectual level active in the political scene...

Posted by: Wyatt Earp | September 5, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

But that's my very point ! Get them involved first ! And then they start reading and educating themselves further, developing their political IQ and who knows maybe they graduate on to better politicians that they follow. But it has to start somewhere. Think of something that you started off as a novice in, you were nieve at first, but your interest drew you in more and you began to grow wise with your passion. I just loved the site of all of those young kids following R. Paul and getting passionate about our country. I said to myself "wow at least there not home watching MTV following Britney Spears life" who knows how many of these kids might go on to passionately pursue politics and become actively involved in the political scene 20 years down the road. Maybe some don't evolve and follow R. Paul like a cult. But it's people taking interests in things that matter that excited me most about that movement. I'm a dem and your a repub. but we both can agree that Britney & Paris do not matter.

Posted by: T.J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Cut campbell! Now! It's the Redskins way.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...

Posted by: T. Green. S. Rosenfeld G. Frerotte | September 5, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I'm a Republican, no joke. Get over your hangups with it.

Posted by: Greg | September 5, 2008 11:27 AM

No joke? You guy want a THIRD TERM by This guy? Now THAT's FUNNY.

(Normally we anti-swiftboaters hate politics on this board, especially after a Redskin game. But today, we need a laugh.

So, some BUSHISMS:

"[W]hether they be Christian, Jew, or Muslim, or Hindu, people have heard the universal call to love a neighbor just like they'd like to be called themselves."—

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves."—

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace."—

"The true strength of America happens when a neighbor loves a neighbor just like they'd like to be loved themselves."—

"I'm the master of low expectations."—

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."—

" And, you know, it'll take time to restore chaos and order—order out of chaos. But we will."—

"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end."—

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—
"I'm a patient man. And when I say I'm a patient man, I mean I'm a patient man."

Posted by: Anti-Swiftboat Redskin Fans for Bushisms | September 5, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

We're Redskin fans. A lot of us are in real pain.

Many of us witnessed a terrible disappointment last night--a horrible underperformance...a flat, uninteresting attack...an utter lack of imagination or fire in the belly.... But enough about McCain's speech, the Redskins sucked, too:

So here's some more Bushisms to cheer everyone up!

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

"And so, in my State of the—my State of the Union—or state—my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation—I asked Americans to give 4,000 years—4,000 hours over the next—the rest of your life—of service to America. That's what I asked—4,000 hours."

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a—a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone."—

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."—

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it."—

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."—

Posted by: Anti-Swiftboat Redskin Fans for Bushisms | September 5, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

First things first. I'm a diehard Skins fan who has been in love with this team for 40+ years. I still think Mel Gray didn't catch that ball, wonder how Tony Hill got behind Lemarr on a 10 yard fade (and how the Cardinals could lose by 36) and think that the Raiser SB was the worst game I've ever witnessed besides Longley's game.
Anyway, I was roundly panned for predicting that the Skins would go 5-11 this year. I based that prediction on a number of things that I see are fundamentally wrong with this team in addition to a set of circumstances that just don't favor us.
1. New offense
2. New coach
3. Aging, average O line
4. Unproven QB (at least in this system)
5. Small, Average receivers (Cooley excepted)
6. Suspect pass rush (this is actually better than I thought it would be)
7. Smallish DE's. (trouble in the run-heavy NFC East)
8. Injury prone secondary. (Springs hurt again? Yawn.)
9. Average secondary even when healthy. (Carlos 'Duran' Rogers can't catch a cold)
10. Offense that doesn't play to our strengths (Cooley, Portis should be featured.)
11. Overall average talent at key positions
12. Schedule that has us opening with a new coach against the SB champs in their stadium.
13. Schedule that has us playing our 3 division rivals all in the first 4 weeks of the season with the aforementioned new coach ans system.

There's no way we could reasonable expect to see success this year ...at least not early. We saw the exact same sequence of events in pre-season that we saw last night. Campbell dropping back 3 steps and holding the ball because his primary target was either not open or he was unsure about where to go. I realize Jacobs is 260 but I can not imagine him trucking Sean Taylor like he did to Landry. Reed Doughty is just plain awful.

Sorry to vent but our best case scenario is 7-9.

Posted by: mark | September 5, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

JC doesn't look comfortable and often looks lost out there.. I know, I know, the 5th offensive sysytem in 5 years etc.. blah, blah, blah.
I, like most professionals have to contantly learn new systems, and trends, and products to comptete. For crying out loud, it's his job! It all comes across as another excuse for a subpar QB.
The rabid base of fans has to take off their rose colored lenses and see what is going on.
Mediocre at best QB, 1 good, not great receiver= Moss. CP is good, not great anymore. average D-line, below average O-line, and yet the braintrust drafts three players that can barely get on the field, and can't even overtake a career back-up, Thrash.

Here's another long season, but if you keep going, the Danny will keep getting richer!
It's hard beinb a skins fan especially since I'm old enough to remember them actually winning.

Posted by: longsufferingskinsfan | September 5, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Ditto the Longley game... I think 5-11 is realistic this season.... but I don't see how we feature CP with an O line like the one we have...

Posted by: Wyatt Earp | September 5, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

1. New offense
2. New coach
3. Aging, average O line
4. Unproven QB (at least in this system)
5. Small, Average receivers (Cooley excepted)
6. Suspect pass rush (this is actually better than I thought it would be)
7. Smallish DE's. (trouble in the run-heavy NFC East)
8. Injury prone secondary. (Springs hurt again? Yawn.)
11. Overall average talent at key positions

Sorry to vent but our best case scenario is 7-9.

Posted by: mark

Mark,

I couldn't agree with you more. My kids, 7,5 ans 2, don't ever remember them being real good. (last year they barely slipped into the playoffs) I'm 43 so I feel you pain brother!

The Raiders SB game was awful, still feel/remeber that one!

Posted by: longsufferingskinsfan | September 5, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Some people said I'd say "I told you so."

They were right:

I told you so in March, and again in July.

These are posts from those dates. I don't claim to be a rocket surgeon. Just another Bozo like the rest of you on this board, but now that others are being converted to this theory, I don't have the willpower to resist:

FROM MARCH 2

"Don 't overpay for ancient TAYLOR, who is one groin away from his second career in Show Biz,

Keep your picks, Snyderatto. Get some more. Get some young studs on the line, build from within.

But I think we agree panic isn't called for. I would HATE to see the 'skins get away from their--forgive my Glass Half Fullness here--desirable new approach to acquiring talent thru the draft and reasonably priced FAs."

FROM July 20

(AFTER Daniels got hurt, BEFORE Trade for Taylor)

"Redskins need A RUN STUFFER, not another relatively lightweight rush artist near the end of his (first) career…

Does anyone seriously think TAYLOR stands up to an NFC EAST pounding as full time DE?...

If Miami wants too much for Taylor--they will, smelling desperation--suck it up. Wait for a run stuffer to be cut elsewhere, or for James to get healthy."

Posted by: Corkczar | September 5, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Hey Greg,

Posted by: Thelonius J. Blacksburg | September 5, 2008 11:31 AM
---

Stop the Homphobia, Thelonius, or the GOP will sue you for copyright infringement.

Takes care of his money? Wasn't the market down more than 300 points yesterday?

Posted by: Anti-Swiftboat Redskin Fans for Sweetness & Light | September 5, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

+++Any explanation given yet for the languid performance in the final 6 minutes despite being down two scores? ++---P Diddy

Diddy--

PERFECT adjective. "languid"

You may have come up with a new name for the Redskins O

"Languid West Coast Offense."

Posted by: Corkczar | September 5, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

i live in NY - and even I can't stand Sally Jenkins. (She is actually a friend of a friend of mine...I hear she has a mean streak...)

Hail! Obama 2008

Posted by: red(skin)inbluestate | September 5, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

+++ See, reading you're last post explains you're problem right there. You're too damn feminine. You wanted me to FEEL how you felt? Whatever... Oprah comes on sometime in the afternoon go watch her. Or read a F'n Helen Keller book or something. It only became personal or feeling based because YOU made it that way.+++

Wow, who peed in YOUR Bosco? Missed the earlier exchange. HATE when that happens.

+++For anyone who was offended by the comments I made, I apologize. However there shouldn't be because it didn't have anything to do with anyone else.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 5, 2008 11:45 AM+++

Hey, don't apologize to me, I like to rip new ones my own self. But public posting or responding to vitriol with more vitriol, while technically counterpunching, is also contributing to the continued coarsening of America. Jus' sayin'.

Like I said, i do it too.(When you got it, flaunt it) But I feel guilty about it. That's not a feminine trait--It's because I was raised Irish Catholic and guilt, the National Sport of Ireland, is in my genes.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 5, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

"On the one hand we have a pres who lied and used the military in order to secure America's energy and national security interests."--WAG THE DOG, GOP APOLOGIST

How were the nations' security interests in Afghanistan served by withdrawing our troops for a fool's errand in Iraq? Billions wasted, thousands dead, and Bin Laden is as free to go about his business as you are. Well more. HE doesn't have all those agencies tracking his very move. Many Americans do.--ANTI-SWIFTBOAT REDSKIN FAN

"On the other hand we have a president who lied and used the military to divert people's attention from the fact that he needed a BJ from an intern."--GOP APOLOGIST

STILL beating THAT dead horse? You'd think any self-respecting Republican (excuse the Oxymoron) would NOT want to bring up sexual peccadilloes while your delegates are still visiting the Larry Craig Memorial Stall, and your Veep candidate is planning her daughter's shotgun wedding to the Redneck King of Alaska--ANTI-SWIFTBOAT REDSKIN FAN

Posted by: Anti-Swiftboat Redskin Fans for Shotgun Weddings | September 5, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

+++Good question, but I'm betting that we can't sign players until everyone else can sign players. Somehow that seems fair, doesn't it. And why would we sign a corner when we've got Tryon?

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 5, 2008 12:32 PM+++

I may have misjudged you. You have a marvelously subtle sense of humor, if this is any indication.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 5, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse