Live Tweeting: Zorn News Conference

New guy Rick Maese (@rickmaese) will use our new "HyperSkins" Twitter account to live-tweet Jim Zorn's pre-training camp news conference today. The presser is scheduled to start at 12:30 ET. See below for the latest @HyperSkins tweets.

Previous Updates ยป

By Jon DeNunzio  |  July 29, 2009; 12:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Skinny on Mike Williams's Weight Loss
    Next: Hanging With Mr. Zorn

Comments

Am I first?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 29, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Not to disrespect the hip technology, but give me paragraphs of information, not ejaculatory exclamations about nothingness.

Tweet is wack.

Give news when something happens, please.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 29, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Jon DeNunzio!

Exactly how many of my post do you have for review?

Do you plan on posting them eventually?

Do you actually read the post that get quarantined?

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

mOong?

Posted by: freakzilla | July 29, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Twitter is for famous people.

You know, people that every day people care about. "Common folk" that aren't obsessed with the lives of the rich and famous.

If I were famous as Shaq, Ashton Kutcher, or some other twittering tweet, I'd be on it too.

It boosts their ego.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing Sleepy gained a bunch of weight in the offseason and is now mooing at the coaches to put him on the field.

Posted by: freakzilla | July 29, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

So after being told that they weren't as appealing as the blond chick with the bust and long legs, who'll have a better season?

Campbell?

Rosenfels/T. Jackson?

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Brownwood said:
    "JC is too classy and low key for this"

You hit it on the head. Name me one QB that has been successful in recent memory that was as nice and laid back as JC???

Peyton Manning, dude has a mean streak and a hot temper.

Tom Brady has a quiet confidence, but he can get fired up.

Brett Favre would knock your kids over if it meant getting an extra yard.

Jay Cutler, Phillip Rivers....have you seen those guys on the sideline??

I have rarely seen JC get emotional on or off the field. He's like a boring and canned PR firm every time he talks.

He better get fired up this year and start shouting and showing some emotion...

Posted by: isnadd | July 29, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Jon DeNunzio!

Exactly how many of my post do you have for review?

Do you plan on posting them eventually?

Do you actually read the post that get quarantined?

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 12:37 PM |

Mr. DeNunzio - dude, the more of this dud's posts you quarantine the better. Nobody wants to read his angry, nasty ranting.

Posted by: EncinoMan | July 29, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

RedDMV:

While moderating comments here on RI is not strictly my deal, I will be happy to look into it.

Are there specific comments you are curious about? When did you try to post them? You can contact me directly at jon-dot-denunzio-at-wpost-dot-com ...

Jon

Posted by: Jon DeNunzio | July 29, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 29, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I haven't been around much this off-season, but I really like the changes with the blog. The quality of news and access to inside info. seems to have improved.

Kudos Wash Post.!

Posted by: isnadd | July 29, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 29, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Tweeting on a blog is like dancing on the radio...

;-p

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 29, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Red, not really a football topic but Twitter is proving to be an amazing resource for info. in all types of worldwide situations, tragedies, etc..

Seeing people tweet out of Iran or after a major disaster is pretty amazing.

It's not just for famous people...

Posted by: isnadd | July 29, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I really got a response from THE man!?!?!

"Ooooo I think they like me, better yet I know."

I appreciate the response, but I was half joking, Mr. DeNunzio. Trust me what ever I have that doesn't post, it's for the best.

-------------------------------------------------------

Which leads me to...

EncinoMan, I see that you're one of the new idiots up here who wants to be heard. Why is that poeple always want to come for the crown when they are not worthy?

Please don't throw rocks at the thrown.

Do your self and the rest of the world a favor:

Kill yourself.

Whether it be by hollow point, razor blades, or a vile of cyanide. The world would be so much better off.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

So many points, so much to discuss...where to start?

1) For people complaining about JC's laid back persona and questioning whether he has the tenacity to succeed at a high level, I have 2 words for you: Tim Duncan.

2) For everyone, media included except for Money Maske, getting worked up over Orakpo not being signed yet, just RELAX. It has nothing to do with him and everything to do with his agent and the progress of the contract negotiations of the picks around him. The Skins aren't dragging their feet, it's the teams around us like the flaming Broncos that are jamming things up.

3) Jim Johnson - I hate everything about Philly and the Eagles, but you have to give props where they are due. He had a huge impact on that team's successful run and was a true defensive mastermind. He was also astonishingly unambitious, never seeking to move to the next level as a HC. Unlikely to ever happen again. That was an enormous benefit for the Eagles who never once had to worry about losing him to another team. He spoiled you rotten.

Posted by: McMetal | July 29, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

I like the tweets. I'd like to get some from the practice field as well, for example

Posted by: TWISI | July 29, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

At home sick today and boy do I miss this blog. How did we start to get real news? And a nice little tiff to bring it all back. A tear falls from my eye.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 29, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

isnadd, you aren't new to RI, what would this place be if it wasn't for non-football topics?

Thanks for schooling a dude on Twitter. I really don't follow it like that, just hear all the athletes and movie stars talk about it.

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

redDmv

"Why is that poeple always want to come for the crown when they are not worthy?Please don't throw rocks at the thrown."

I'm jealous.

I wish I had thoughtof these lines.

This is mad funny and snarky all at the same time.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 29, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Moe, that's a classic RedDMV misspelling bought to you by RedDMV Associations. But the phrase was actually DJ Clue's mixtape from a few years back: "Please Don't Throw Rocks At The Throne".

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

There's a crown?!

...is it make of paper and say 'booger king' on it?

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 29, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

scamp, I think we're getting real news because everyone's coming back from vacation and things are starting to happen. Guys are putting pads on tomorrow.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 29, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Tim Duncan's a great dude, no doubt. And, I think he would make a terrible QB for the Washington Redskins.

Football is the ultimate team sport and the QB is the leader of that offense which sets the table for the defense!

JC does not have the "proto-typical" QB personality, whatever that means.

Regardless, I smell some football and am really hoping for the Skins offense to break out and do something original, because we know the defense is going to be stout!

Posted by: isnadd | July 29, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

There's a crown?!

...is it make of paper and say 'booger king' on it?

Posted by: DikShuttle

Nope. It's invisible and simply says: Your mama

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 29, 2009 1:25 PM

It is a many splendered thing.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | July 29, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Jarmon said "Been working with Hastings on 'repositioning some weight'"

I need to give this dude Hastings a call. I got me about 30 pounds I need to re-position outside my body.

Oh, and Horton just rocks. One of my favorite Redskins and looking for a great sophomore season.

Posted by: isnadd | July 29, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

siris, when I spoke of Bugel having an off year, I was speaking regarding keeping the human turnstile JJansen in the lineup after Heyer was recovered.

had I known there was a crown, I'd had purchased it with bonus points, long ago.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 29, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I don't mind the tweeting, but it's no substitute for reporting, or blogging for that matter.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | July 29, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Isnadd - you hang out in the 'Skins huddle much?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | July 29, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

I'll give you an old school guy that won a lot of championships while being reserved - Bart Starr - Griese wasn't exactly demonstrative, either.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | July 29, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Twitter is a flash in the pan. In the end its too limited and will be eaten up by something better.

Posted by: alex35332 | July 29, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

JohnD...nope, you?

Welcome to new school where they like their QBs with a little attitude and pepper.

Posted by: isnadd | July 29, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Joe Montana was pretty laid back...

& Red, If you're wearin' "yo momma" on your head, isn't that an A$$hat?

...volley...

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 29, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

this live twitter thing is horrible, no offense to rick maese, but id rather wait till the press conference is over and get a full blow write up on it instead of one line tidbits.

Posted by: X--E | July 29, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

and JLCs name is still at the top of the blogs main page, please remove it and change to jason reid, cindy

Posted by: X--E | July 29, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I love the Twitter. Guarantee if this was a news story format we would not have seen this many "exact" comments.

Keep it up WaPo.

Posted by: isnadd | July 29, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 29, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

"Joe Montana was pretty laid back..."

Yep, about as laid back as you'll see in a QB. Eli Manning, too. One is arguably the best that ever did it. The other has had a pretty darn successful start to his career. Prototypical? No. But they got it done.

Posted by: psps23 | July 29, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Nope. It's invisible and simply says: Your mama

Posted by: RedDMV | July 29, 2009 1:33 PM

Dude, you kind of unusually grouchy today, what's up. Please get back to focus on football.

Posted by: abxinc | July 29, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse