Jim Haslett calls London Fletcher's consecutive-games streak "amazing"

Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, a former NFL linebacker, said he's "amazed" by inside linebacker London Fletcher's durability, among other things.

In fact, Haslett expressed surprise when reporters informed him Thursday that Fletcher, barring unforeseen developments, will appear in his 200th consecutive game Sunday against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field.

"Wow. I didn't even know that. Two hundred straight? That's an amazing number for any linebacker," Haslett said. "I think Clay Matthews [Jr.] is the only other one that, I know, played as long and productive as him [Fletcher].

"I'm amazed. I didn't know it was that many. You add the total, the production, and what he's done, to me, that's big time. And that's well fitting for him."

The 13-year veteran has made a smooth transition from being a 4-3 middle linebacker to a 3-4 inside linebacker while continuing to lead as the defensive captain. Fletcher is the "hardest-working guy I've ever been around," Haslett said. "[He's] the smartest linebacker. He understands the game, he's hard working, he can put people in right positions, he can make adjustments in the middle of the game.

"You can tell him something that you want done and he can go and do it right away, where a lot of guys have to see it. A lot of guys have to write it down on the board, they have to visualize it. You can talk to him and he knows exactly what you're trying to do. He's about as good as it gets."

By Jason Reid  | October 29, 2010; 9:00 AM ET
Categories:  Jim Haslett, Linebackers, London Fletcher
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Analysis: Pay raise for Lorenzo Alexander
Next: Stafford likely to return from injured shoulder vs. Redskins

Comments

And only one Pro Bowl. Unreal.

Posted by: oh_boy1 | October 29, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

This is Pulitzer Prize winning stuff.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Woo Hoo Positivity!

Posted by: FedorEm | October 29, 2010 9:15 AM |

happy happy - joy joy

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Maybe if Fletcher keeps making the Pro Bowl in each of his last couple years he'll get some HOF consideration down the line. It affects good character, quiet guys with the recognition, just because he's not as flamboyant as Ray Lewis, I think he's just as good. And for an old man, he can still go from sideline to sideline!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Personal_Fowl

get lost npi, we aren't interested in your dive ass postings

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

its just not the same when the skins aren't playing and everyone else is. it's something I still can't get use to.

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Definately true, but the only consolation is that the rest of the NFC East is playing, so I can root for them to lose!!!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Interesting stuff. Glad we have him. It's not even close right? Fletcher is the best signing of the Vinny era?

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

It affects good character, quiet guys with the recognition, just because he's not as flamboyant as Ray Lewis, I think he's just as good....

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 9:19 AM

Monk 811 -- You really think that London Fletcher 591 is as good as Ray Lewis 521? Do you base this on anything other than homerativity?

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

This was posted yesterday come on Reid do your f_cking job. You are a lazy fat POS if you don't want to be the Redskin Insider, then give the job to someone who does.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 29, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

repo..

Kinda misleading though...the reason the Lions have so much money tied into so few players is because they pick so damn high every year. So it's more about the lack of a rookie wage scale than it is fiscal irresponsibility on the Lions' part. If they could win even 7 or 8 games, they wouldn't have that problem.

I hope the NFL remedies that...giving that much money to rookies is a massive mistake and in some ways, I'm sure it contributes to the amount of guys who get the "bust" label. I guarantee you'll see a lot fewer JaMarcus Russells if they get this done...

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 7:21 AM
------------
Good point Brownie..
Its also why the Pats were focused on trades and deals that delivered picks in 2011/12, as far back as 2008.
Now they are stockpiled with multiple early picks (2 1sts, 2 2nds, etc) in a potential rookie salary cap scenario (CBA). Pats get early round talent at a fixed, low price.
Its pays to have your owner (Kraft) on these committee(s) and most likely why you will see this rookie cap getting done prior to the 2011 draft. Otherwise, Kraft cannot afford it (other than trading the picks away). Just more savvy personnel decisions by the low paying Pats...
With any other team and without Brady, Belichick would be the coach (losing record) he was in Cleveland, with Kosar.

Posted by: onanygivensunday | October 29, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

You can tell just as much about Haslett's thoughts with what he doesn't say as you can with what he does. He says "smart" and "hardworking" which is what we all love about Fletcher. He doesn't say, "He's a beast up the middle" or "I wish I had three more of him". A lot of you called me out on this a couple of days ago, but I will say it again, "Fletcher won't be with the Redskins next year". For all of his hard work and brains, he doesn't fit in this defense.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

By far London is the best of the Vinny era, along with Santana.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

monk, I love Fletch as much as anyone up here, but the chances of him even getting a sniff from the HoF are slim and none...he'd have to play at least another 3 years, make the Pro-Bowl in each year, and win at least one SB...and have a key role in winning it. I mean, if Art Monk can have more catches than ANY WR in league history and have to wait almost a decade to get in the HoF, then there really isn't a limit to how badly they can get it wrong...

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I base it on what I SEE. I SEE that he's an intense player and makes tons of plays, and he's been playing at a high level for a long time. While Ray is more intimidating, Fletcher goes more on will alone. You should understand when you SEE something, like when you SEE that the fries are golden brown you take them out. Don't forget to salt them!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:28 AM |

Two wrongs don't make a right. You were wrong before and, posting it again, you're still wrong. He'll be here until he retires. Too many other positions need to be fixed before you replace London Fletcher.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Didn't they just write the same post with Shanahan's quotes? Does anyone at the Post know how to write about FOOTBALL? Contracts, streaks, injury reports, locker room drama, and all that stuff has its place, but I'm looking for more INDEPTH articles about on-field situations. There are too many journalists in this paper, not enough sports writers. No offence, but I knew things were going downhill when an editor (Cindy Boren) started writing articles and doing chats. I guess this is what happens when people stop buying newspapers.

Posted by: wisdom80 | October 29, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Fletcher is in the top 5 in tackles again this year. How does he not fit the defense?

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

the other way of looking at this is they weakened the team, RSeymour trade in 2009 for a pick 2 years later, RMoss trade, the offense has struggled in the 2 games since, during the prime of Tom Brady's career...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 29, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Personal_Fowl

get lost npi, we aren't interested in your dive ass postings

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:21 AM |

Blow me loser.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 9:25 AM |

--------

bye week, nfc east games. let's see here,

giants @ seattle - seahawks tough at home, giants lose

cowboys @ GB - can't wait till sunday night at lambeau slaughter house, dallas gets creamed

colts @ philly - good game here, vick returns, hope the eagles lose

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

For all of his hard work and brains, he doesn't fit in this defense.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:28 AM

I'm no expert on the system and I have no idea what Haslett thinks about him, but I see a guy hitting hard and causing turnovers. Isn't that the big benefit this defense was going to give us...and is giving us? I hope they don't get rid of him because middle linebackers in the 3-4 are suppossed to be a few inches taller.

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 29, 2010 9:34 AM |

They beat Baltimore and San Diego without Moss and scored 23 points in both games struggle or not they won and there defense is getting better every week.

They are the best run franchise in football maybe in all of sports.

Seymour trade was brilliant he didn't want to be there and he is on the wrong side of his career to get a 1st round pick for him was incredible.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 29, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

bye week, nfc east games. let's see here,

giants @ seattle - seahawks tough at home, giants lose

colts @ philly - good game here, vick returns, hope the eagles lose

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

HESS HIGH FIVE

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:28 AM |

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 9:32 AM
------------------------------------------
We will see. I think we saw overhaul part I this year for the defense. Next year, we'll see guys like Carter, Haynesworth, Hall and Fletcher go - through trades or outright cuts. I love Fletcher as a 4-3 middle linebacker, but I am not as enthusiastic about him in the 3-4. This team will continue to collect linebackers that fit better with the 3-4.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

ne patriots

They are the best run franchise in football maybe in all of sports.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 29, 2010 9:39 AM |

pittsburgh says howdy

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

I want to adopt London Fletcher

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

flound, disagree, they've been trying to replace seymour ever since, taking former pro-bowl NT Wilfork, and playing him at the DE spot....they're not scoring like they used to, and welker isn't nearly as effective....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 29, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

pittsburgh says howdy

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:42 AM |

Pitts a close second.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 29, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

RSH, besides predicting real life based on what you did on your Madden season, where are you even getting this insanity from? I mean, really...stop trying to sell that crazy "Fletch will be gone next year" nonsense up here...we're all stocked up on crazy and don't need that brand.

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 29, 2010 9:43 AM |

They will be able to replace him this year with the pick they got for him, Moss would not be back next year anyway so he will be replaced in the off season.

They are 5-1 when they start missing the playoffs, I will say they are making bad choices until then they are very smart.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 29, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

pittsburgh says howdy

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:42 AM |

Pitts a close second.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 29, 2010 9:46 AM |

the other way around = rings on the fingers and one for the thumb

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I think Santana and Anthony tear up Detroit's secondary. Who even plays in their secondary?

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

the other way around = rings on the fingers and one for the thumb

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:51 AM |

I could agree with that if I was ever going to have a second team it would be the Steelers I love the way they play.

As far as rings go I was only looking at the salary cap era because it's harder to maintain success then it was in the 70's.

Let's just agree that they are both very well run organizations and leave it at that.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 29, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

This team reminds me of the 2005 squad.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 9:32 AM

Ronald McDonald -- And when you SEE a guy who idolizes Monk but doesn't know the Monk's number you SEE a clown.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

I think the biggest story is that RT spot. If Brown is not recovering well from his hip injury, that give us Heyer as the starter.

This team already runs around the left end 26% of its carries, according to stat boy, "and no other NFL team comes close to that number."

It will be interesting to see what kind of creative playcalling Shanny, Jr can come up with to compensate, without being predictable.

Posted by: Alan4 | October 29, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Ryan Torain will have a huge day.

On ESPN they did 10,000 simulation games, and Washington won 57% of the time.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 29, 2010 9:55 AM |

agree flound, they're close in that regards, and the pats and steelers might meet in the afc title game

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Personal_Fowl

get lost npi, we aren't interested in your dive ass postings

Posted by: hessone | October 29, 2010 9:21 AM

Watch it hessone, NPI, I mean P_F has been to battle. Also, he can lift you to the ground.

ha ha ha.

Posted by: smokeybear2 | October 29, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | October 29, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Only player that should be of concern is Calvin Johnson.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

If Heyer is your starting RT, it's broke.

Posted by: Alan4 | October 29, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:28 AM |

He also didn't say "he doesn't smoke crack" or "he doesn't bare back hookers." What does that translate into since you're so good at reading into things not said.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 29, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:42 AM

Dude, seriously...where are you getting this mess? 'Los and Rocky are FAs next year...and I'd venture to guess THOSE guys won't be back. So you go the exact opposite direction and say the only other proven players at those two spots go too/instead? Friggin' insane.

And that's not even taking into account that Fletcher and DHall are the two most productive defenders we have this year not named Orakpo. And we're supposed to just cut bait on those guys...because?

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

By far London is the best of the Vinny era, along with Santana.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Doesn't Grilliams get the credit for bringing in London? And shouldn't Santana be seen as a Gibbs guy?

Posted by: Devo2 | October 29, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Holy crap...7 posts since yesterday afternoon...I have ALOT of catching up to do later!!!

But I did want to go on record this morning with my Lock-Tight 100% Money Back Guaranteed Prediction for this Sundays game --

Redskins 26, Lions 20

Gano quiets his RI critics going 4 for 4 in the windless Superdome (or whatever the hell its called now)

Gonna go back and actually knock out some work this morning...see you jive turkeys soon.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 29, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

And shouldn't Santana be seen as a Gibbs guy?

Posted by: Devo2 | October 29, 2010 10:06 AM

Or a Snyder guy. Snyder wanted to draft him, but Marty wanted a tall receiver. Rod Gardner 6'2"! Jets took Santana with the next pick.

Then they split the difference: Taylor Jacobs, 6' 0", neither short nor tall.

Next time around, the Redskins went with tall receivers again: Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelley.

Finally, we really went short: Brandon Banks, 4' 6".

So, on average the receivers we've drafted are average, in height at least. In play, no so much.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | October 29, 2010 10:08 AM

We'll all be holding our breath in anticipation of you return.

Posted by: smokeybear2 | October 29, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Maybe this year Fletch will get more than an alternate chance at the Pro Bowl.

Posted by: joeboggs | October 29, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

This team reminds me of the 2005 squad.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 9:56 AM

Don't jinx it dude...let's win our last 5 games like that '05 squad before we start throwing comparisons out there, huh?

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Not sure why Gibbs gets credit for Moss. Santana wouldn't be on this team if Coles hadn't pouted his way into a trade with the Jets.

Posted by: mack1 | October 29, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | October 29, 2010 10:08 AM

Not really...only one of 'em was actually informative so you could forget the other 6 and count yourself as smarter for doing so.

On a side note, this chick on ESPN First Take, Reischea Canidate is preggers and her tits are damn near spilling outta her shirt. Love pregnant chicks...

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Only player that should be of concern is Calvin Johnson.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 29, 2010 10:05 AM |

Jhavid Best is lightning fast, even with a turf toe.

I am hoping LL30 cleats him right on the injured appendage. Not sure if Arseneo Hall or Double Move will be on Megatron.

Probably should be CR22. That way, when he drops, er I mean 'deflects' a pass, Moore can snare the INT.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

My bold prediction for this game will actually involve an offensive explosion by the Skins. I like Stafford to be knocked out of the game after yet another Landry blow-up resulting in an interception by Haney who will take it to the hizzy, high-stepping, Darrel Grant style.

Skins - 39
Kittens - 3

Revenge will be sweet.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Wow, you're an idiot. How could I actually mess that up? Do you REALLY think I got 811 mixed up with 81? Whatever d-bag, keep making up sh*t. And speaking of clowns, how's your mom??? Damn she gets a tight grip on my c*ck! I bet she could suck a golf ball through 50 foot of garden hose!!! I think I'll call you queef-queef, cause every time you post I think of her!!! hahahahahaha

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 9:42 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:06 AM
------------------------------------------
Yeah, and two weeks ago everyone was ready to throw D. Hall under the bus. Now he has one great game against one very stupid (or stubborn, take your pick) quarterback and everyone is going to annoint him as the second coming of Darrell Green. Take off the media euphoria rose tinted glasses and see things for how they really are for a change.

The bottom line is D. Hall is not a physical corner and C. Rogers is. Rogers will be back because he fits this defense. He can play bump and run, he can blitz the quarterback and he is pretty good out there on an island.

The bottom line with Fletcher is he gets locked into blockers and can't free himself. In rushing the quarterback he doesn't possess the moves to get by blockers. He plays great in space, but what Haslett wants are a bunch of linebackers who do everything well, not guys who do some things very well and other things not so well. This is the whole philosophy around blitzing any linebacker. They all should be able to get to the quarterback.

I'm not hating on these guys at all. I am just saying they don't fit. Haslett has adjusted his game plan to fit them for this season, but it has also limited what he wants to do with this defense. What we will see in the offseason are significant steps toward getting exactly what they need for a 3-4 defense.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 29, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Got Milk???

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

And speaking of clowns, how's your mom???

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:36 AM

My mom's dead and has been for the entire 15 years of your life.

Really, Monk811, I-diddled-your-dead-mom jokes and you-work-in-a-fast-food-restaurant jokes are about the level of a 15 year old. And consistent with a guy who can't even type the number of his favorite player. Step up your game, if you can.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:26 AM |

Is she related to Trung? Yeah, Reischea is smokin' like Al Koken. I bet she's freaky-deaky. Michelle B. is ridiculously hot. I'd gargle with her diarrhea.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Actually, I think they were pretty good, and you just can't think of a decent comeback. Lmao, the best thing you could think of was Ronald McDonald. You're a joke, so as far as I'm concerned, I'll just ITA!
Later queef!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Later queef!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:46 AM

I laugh every time I hear that word for some reason.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Redskins 26, Lions 20

Posted by: PlayAction | October 29, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

So what, you have us getting a safety at the end to pad our lead? Good change, how did it take for you to think of that?

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

And shouldn't Santana be seen as a Gibbs guy?

Posted by: Devo2 | October 29, 2010 10:06 AM

Then they split the difference: Taylor Jacobs, 6' 0", neither short nor tall.

Finally, we really went short: Brandon Banks, 4' 6".

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Makes we wonder if they had Matt Millian on the phone the whole time when grading receivers.

Posted by: Devo2 | October 29, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Calvin Johnson is going to dominate with Doughty and Horton in the secondary, just saying.

This game is dangerous for the skins, I'm gonna be effing miffed if they lose to the lions again.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | October 29, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Love pregnant chicks...

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:26 AM

Ever been to pregnant chick bakini contest? A radio station out here host one every summer.

Awesome, dude. Awesome.

Posted by: smokeybear2 | October 29, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Step up your game, if you can.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Later queef!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:46 AM

So, what you're saying is that you can't step up your game? This is your best shot?

Good old, Art Monk! No one will ever forget number 811!

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Later queef!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:46 AM

I laugh every time I hear that word for some reason.

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

It's funny, I can't help laughing when it happens in real life. My wife don't like it too much though! Oh well, a fart is a fart, don't matter where is comes from.

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Got Milk???

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:40 AM

Not yet...but we will.

Back to RSH...let me see if I have your stance correct here: Shanahan and Haslett will look each other in the eye this offseason, and with a straight face come to the conclusion that because DHall and Fletch have a couple flaws in their game, they should be released and replaced with cyborgs without flaw. Perfect 3-4 manimals, created for the sole purpose of playing lights out defense on every play of every drive in every game. Gotcha.

Seriously, dude...if you can name me even ONE NFL player without a single hole in their game, I'll laugh you right off this blog. Critics said the same stuff about Ray Lewis as you're saying about Fletch right now during some point when the Ravens were down. You know why? They ran a 3-4 without a great line in front of Ray-Ray to keep his jersey clean. Fletch is playing well without guys like Ngata and Kelly Gregg in front of him, so don't talk to me about block shedding.

Point is, you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...regardless of whether they're perfect prototypes for the 3-4, DHall and Fletch are productive players. That's not even debatable. If Shanahan and Haslett are worth a damn, they'll cater the scheme to them instead of ditching good players with no guarantee of adequately replacing them.

I thought winning would improve this blog's overall quality but now I'm not so sure. Before, we knew what was wrong...now that there aren't epic disasters to discuss, we've got guys trying to ditch the heart of our team like McNabb, Fletch, and DHall. UFB...

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:49 AM

How about 2 Td's and 4 field goals for his predicted 26 points? Occam's razor dude.

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Good old, Art Monk! No one will ever forget number 811!

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Wait, I know I hear queefs coming from somewhere, but I can't see the p*ssy it's coming from. Oh wait, now I see him........and smell him! Time to dousche queef-queef!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Ever been to pregnant chick bakini contest?

Posted by: smokeybear2 | October 29, 2010 10:54 AM

A pregnant chick bikini contest is like a restaurant putting a picture of a half-eaten meal on the menu.

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 10:41 AM

I don't think so...she's married to a Canadian white dude, so unless they're cousins who look NOTHING alike, I doubt it.

If you're talking about Michelle Bonner, I disagree...she cleans up good, but she's kinda frumpy and has cankles. Wouldn't be an embarring lay if you got drunk, but certainly nothing I'd seek out with any fervor.

Oddly enough, I'm into Dana Jacobson. She's lost quite a bit of weight and after her little incident with Mike and Mike a few years back, we're well aware of her affinity for Grey Goose...and probably a nice meat popsicle, if you know what I mean...

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:49 AM

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Hey, I don't care if it's 8 FG's and a safety, or how about an NFL record 13 safeties in one game??? As long as we win, don't matter to me!
Wow, didn't know I'd be having to do math on a post today! "Now class, how many different ways can we get to 26?"

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 10:49 AM

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 11:00 AM

Good grief monk...are you trying to use hessone's abacus again? haha

Posted by: PlayAction | October 29, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Beeps...Reid trying out for Lions Insider...

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 11:04 AM

To each his own, homie.

Posted by: smokeybear2 | October 29, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

From a couple of posts back...

Haynesworth's block did not draw a flag on the play. However, Webb was not happy with the hit because his reaction on the field drew an 15-yard personal foul.

He got flagged 15 yards for impersonating a ragdoll?

Freakin' Goodell, man.

Posted by: freakzilla | October 29, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Oh wait, now I see him........and smell him! Time to dousche queef-queef!

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 11:02 AM

If you hear him, see him and smell him, you're in the same room with him. You got a mirror?

Keep it up -- #811 is going to be calling you soon to ask you to stop shaming him. Is that a football player or an area code?

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

This game gives me the willies (like every game so far this season). Stafford and Best returing to the game; I don't like it. Playing on field turf and before a bye ... I don't like that either b/c it sounds like a recipe for injuries. What I do like is the idea of Haynesworth getting on the field in obvious passing downs and getting up into Stafford early.

I also like Fletcher, the man, the myth, the legend. RSH: from a few threads back ... Fletcher is better in coverage than McIntosh.

Posted by: dcsween | October 29, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MColeman51 | October 29, 2010 11:04 AM

Posted by: smokeybear2 | October 29, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 10:41 AM

I think Poopy is back!!! I knew it, can't stay away from the poop comments can you?

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

This guy is the father of the guy on the Packers:

William Clay Matthews, Jr. is a former American football linebacker who played for the Cleveland Browns and the Atlanta Falcons. He played 19 seasons and 278 games in the NFL (16th most in NFL history).

Posted by: dcsween | October 29, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Personal_Fowl | October 29, 2010 10:41 AM

Posted by: monk811 | October 29, 2010 11:24 AM

Try to keep up with fast-moving blog handles. Poopy has come back as DixontheDog. Personal_Fowl is a sock puppet of No_Punt_Intended. And, monk811 continues to be a guy who loves Art Monk but can't type his number.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 29, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 29, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse
------------

C'mon scamp, that was uncalled for. Nobody was talking about Marion Barry, but you had to go and bring him up...leave the man alone, dag.

*drumroll*

lol

Posted by: walkdwalk | October 29, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Before you give Vinny any credit for bringing in fletcher or Santana, look at the facts alittle closer...Santana was in contract dispute with the jets. We had L.coles that of 90 catches and one touchdown. Ran the best darn 3 yard pattern of the Joe Gibbs 2.0 era. he also wanted out over money. So we give NY a fourth and coles for santana...I say more gibbs then Vinny since coles complained his way out of town and gibbs didn't want those guys. Fletcher was on Buffalo under Greg Williams until williams got fired. yes he signed with us but I'm sure vinny had to find out about him at one of greg williams sons football games instead of already knowing how consistant he was.....I refuse to give vinny any credit for anything other then running this franchise into the ground. He was told what to do by gibbs or dan and he forever waisted any and all draft picks he ever made. Orakpo picked himself, a friggin no brainer. You cannot give him credit for any first round picks made because those guys are a pretty much known quantity. I remember all the blown 2-7 rounders he never turned into depth like teams like the colts and beagles do every year. Shanny might have drafted three guys this year that he ended up cutting, which i find troubling, but Vinny gone is addition by subtraction in it's purest form. My concern is that this is a trap game, we have played horrible in that dome and that has to give the lions confidence that they can win. We better play much better then we last week because a 4 int. D,hall isn't walking in that door to save six fumbles and 2-3 picks this week. Det is young and hungrey off a bye and we better match their energy or we will get blown out.
HAIL!

Posted by: klangley69 | October 29, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 29, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

A thoughtfully constructed, reasonable post??? Here??????

Get lost, brownwood!!!! Reason and intellectual honesty have NO PLACE on RI!!!!!!!

Posted by: jboogie1 | October 30, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse