Long Time No Blog/Springs Is Back In The House

Wow, it's been too long, eh?

Hope all of you guys are well. I am back from some much-needed time off to sort out the new family dynamics in the La Canfora household - Rocco is already over 15 pounds in just eight weeks and keeping all of us quite busy (poor Lauren especially) - but it's good to be back out at The Park, nonetheless.

I'm back on the case for the next 3 weeks or so until the entire NFL takes its summer vacation (and even then I'll be more of a presence than I have been the last month or so). I have to admit, however, that the break was needed. A year ago this week I left to cover the World Cup in Germany, and from then through rookie camp last month I was pretty much working 7 days a week, blogging daily on top of my regular newspaper duties. So getting off the grind was just what the doctor ordered. (But man, I miss the brats and pils. After 3 weeks on fulltime daddy duty with a toddler and a newborn, spending 40 days on my own taking across Deutschland covering soccer is something I could be coaxed into again).

Anyway, sitting out at The Park all morning getting caught up with the players. Had a good chat with Shawn Springs. He got here really early, meeting with the coaches a bit and getting some primers on the changes to the defense. He's back for good now from Arizona and will participate in his first OTA practice Tuesday, he said.

Shawn was in very good spirits and, with Lisa hopefully out there reading this somewhere, I feel the need to report that the man is ripped. He looked pretty huge in the upper body. Says he hit the training room pretty hard out in Arizona.

Other than that it's pretty quiet on a Monday morning, as the OTAs kick back up tomorrow.

I have a ton of other stuff to update you guys on as well and will do so later in the day. Nothing major, but at least some quasi-interesting tidbits to stem the Redskins News Withdrawal I know some of you are going through. I was thinking that I should probably just put up a huge post later updating everything rather than string you guys along through the week with it.

But if you prefer little individual items instead of a massive entry - all the better to allow for specific comments to each item, I suppose - than please speak up. As always, the mob rules.

Again, great to be back. Thanks for tuning back in. Don't be a stranger (and I promise I won't anymore, either).

Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  June 4, 2007; 12:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: This Week in Redskins
Next: D-Line Update

Comments

46th!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 4, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

with a ripped springs and healthy everywhere else the skins could have the best backfield in the NFL this year

Posted by: phatskins27 | June 4, 2007 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back!

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | June 4, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: phatskins27 | June 4, 2007 12:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! i needed a good laugh.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 4, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

"Rocco is already over 15 pounds"

Wow he is going to be a big boy. Great to have you back my friend.

Posted by: jm220 | June 4, 2007 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Jason, can you change your tag on the site to Jasno? Did you follow that little fun we had a week or so ago? Ask Cindy, she'll endorse it!

Oh and

Flag on the play. 10 men in the huddle. 15 yard penalty, replay down with 11th man, Mr Jasno La Canfora.

Posted by: Zebra | June 4, 2007 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Kris Jenkins looks like he's getting a little pissed down in NC. He would be a nice addition to our rotation.

Posted by: Big Murf | June 4, 2007 1:00 PM | Report abuse

What Jasno ISN'T Telling You...

He is wearing his plaid shorts. I knew you'd want to know.

Posted by: Cindy | June 4, 2007 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back JLa, all at once please....ive been going through withdrawl and had to suffer through a brutal weekend of watching the Nats and Orioles. I need my SKINS news!!

Posted by: Joe in DC | June 4, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

We have never hit 700 before and -- it's a miracle -- we're just over 58k.

Posted by: Cindy | June 4, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I 2nd that... all at once please

Posted by: Dante | June 4, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Jason, welcome back. I wish I could take some time off and be at home with the Fams. I hope Washington Post is compensating you well for your work.

NOW: Can we please get a final answer on whether or not we have a Fourth Round pick next year? Isn't that worthy of a topic during the NFL Doldrums?

Posted by: duck | June 4, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

All at once would be best.

That should leave you enough time to study when to use "than" and when to use "then." You know, just in case you're ever in a situation where you have to produce quality written material.

Posted by: Mike | June 4, 2007 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh and welcome back Jason! Your time off was very well-deserved

Posted by: Dante | June 4, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back JLaC. I don't care how I get my news, as long as I get SOMEthing... ;)

Posted by: CowboyH8R | June 4, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Duck - their 4th round pick will go to Denver for Duckett. Nice trade, eh?

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | June 4, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Good to have you back. Maybe with Roccos size he can get a big fat contract from Snyder! I perfer all the news in one giant blog please.

Posted by: David | June 4, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Okay, Jasno, Cindy, everybody, I hope you enjoyed your little vacation. It's time to hunker down.

If we have any chance at all of hitting 100k by opening day -- the ridicuous windmill at which we're currently tilting -- we have to absolutely crush it over the next three weeks, before that summer vacation.

I have faith that from training camp forward it will be a zoo up here, but we gotta make big strides before then in order to have a shot at this lofty goal.

The return of Real News is the key, y'all.

70,000 comments by July 1. Let's do it. Roll call will begin shortly.

HAIL!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 4, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Aaargh. No fourth-round pick in 2008. For Duckett. That is just fantastic.

I can blame this on Vinny, right?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 4, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back, Mr. Plaid.

Posted by: Mr. Pink | June 4, 2007 1:27 PM | Report abuse

To end the withdrawal, I vote for one big post later today instead of stringing us along. That way, jasno will probably feel guilty later in the week and still give us some new posts on top of the big one.

Posted by: NewMexSkin | June 4, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

new post

Posted by: Anonymous | June 4, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I tend to disagree with that last comment.

Posted by: Skid Marx | June 4, 2007 1:37 PM | Report abuse

"Duck - their 4th round pick will go to Denver for Duckett. Nice trade, eh?"

Auuuuugh!

Okay, now my Summer can proceed without interruption.

Posted by: duck | June 4, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse

We have been past 700 comments before. (How soon we forget.)

"By Jason La Canfora | April 26, 2007; 6:34 AM ET | Comments (703)"

Posted by: Au Contraire | June 4, 2007 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Smack to the back of my head, Au Contraire!

Posted by: Cindy | June 4, 2007 2:20 PM | Report abuse

In ascending order, Cyn Cyty:

703 - Web Chat Today - 4/26/07

708 - This Week in Redskins - 5/29/07

764 - The 2007 Schedule - 4/11/07

819 - Clearing Up The Briggs Trade (the 50K thread) - 4/27/07

Posted by: MV Dame | June 4, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

I'm starting to need my 'Skins fix daily. I vote for a slow leak of info instead of a massive update.

Glad to hear Springs was working in AZ, instead of shopping for a new home.

Posted by: Mike | June 4, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

great, now i can actively participate again w/ my cheesehead antics that are looked down upon by the blog's faithful visitors as newbie-style fluff, when really i'm just interjecting as a means to help you along on your silly, but oddly intriguing #'s-obsessed reply goals.

can i have permission to say "hail!" a time or two? i wanna i wanna i wanna

Posted by: pack4life | June 4, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Brats and pills? Is that any way to refer to your kids? And really, stay of the meds while playing daddy...

Welcome back!!!

Posted by: Markian | June 4, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Hallelujah! Springs (and Jason) are back...the world is a little bit brighter:)

Posted by: Lisa | June 4, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse