Losing Brandon Banks could be a big blow

By Jason Reid

The loss of return specialist Brandon Banks, who could be sidelined two weeks after undergoing knee surgery, is a significant blow to the Redskins.
Banks, an undrafted rookie free agent from Kansas State, has played a major role in quickly transforming one of the league's least-productive punt return units to one of its best. With Antwaan Randle El as Washington's primary returner last season, the Redskins were tied for 30th with only 152 yards in 16 games, tied for 30th with a 9.5-yard average per game and alone at 30th with an average of 4.8 yards per return.
Through eight games, the Redskins already have 235 yards on punt returns, ranking sixth in the NFL. They are tied for fifth, averaging 29.4 return yards per game, and sixth with an average of 12.4 yards per return. Banks is third in the league with a 13.8-yard average.
"He's electrifying," outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said recently. "Guys know that if you just do your job [blocking], he can make a big play. And when he breaks one, it definitely gets the whole team going."

By Jason Reid  | November 8, 2010; 10:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins expected to face more questions about McNabb
Next: McNabb? Grossman? Campbell? You decide

Comments

I get that we were only a 4 win team last year and it takes time, but I just get a terrible feeling that the wheels are about to come off.

Posted by: zgg0300 | November 8, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zgg0300 | November 8, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Something blows alright Reid...And it starts and stops with your coverage of the Redskins.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 8, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zgg0300 | November 8, 2010 10:09 AM |

I'd say just keep in mind that this is a Jekyll and Hyde team. If we are on we are competitive with anyone as we have proven. The problem is that once in a while we look like boiled poo.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 8, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I'm just glad we don't play the Bills this season.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 8, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

For fhucks sake REID, can you cut it with your DOOM and GLOOM pimping over losing Banks for TWO whole damn weeks?!?!?!?! The only 'blow'(er) in all this is you trying to make him into a freakin' '06 Devin Hester.

You act as if he's a every down player and the season will be won or lost on his play alone.

There are a few more players that if were lost to injury for an extended period I'd be more concern with:

McNabb
Trent Williams
Hicks
Cooley
Moss
Orakpo
Fletcher
Hall
Landry

Banks while impressive since taking over return duties full time, doesn't hold the fate of the season of the Redskins in his hands.

It sucks that he's hurt but they'll get by without him. Enough of the *voice of God* "YOU'RE DAMNED!!!!" speak, Reid!

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Agree to disagree on Campbell...if you honestly think JC getting traded wasn't a direct result of the McNabb deal, or that we wouldn't be better off with JC than we would be with Rex at the helm, then we're just gonna talk in circles the rest of the day...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 8, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

The JC trade and the McNabb deal were certainly connected. But they did not HAVE to be. It's not like trading JC to Oakland was contingent on bringing McNabb to DC.

None.

Posted by: p1funk | November 8, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Games within the division are almost always close games, no matter how either team is doing against the rest of the NFL.

I expect the Skins to play well against Philly coming out of the bye week, and a lot can happen between now and the Gints game. It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) the defense will have to carry those games.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I'm not going to watch the game now that BB is out.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 8, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

What the Coaches should've determined before trading for McNabb:

"Will we commit to him long term right now?"

If they said no, they should have just drafted Colt McCoy with that 2nd round draft pick......

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 8, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Do we finally get to see Terrance Austin? I say activate him, let him return kicks, and cut Roydel Williams or Galloway.

Posted by: Devo2 | November 8, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Um... Didn't we already see this article?

While Banks is fun. You're not building a team on him.

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 8, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Clarence Vaughn Now, he’s ready to succeed as a professional football coach. He’s ready and watching, hoping his next opportunity will be as a coach with the Washington Redskins.

Posted by: suliman215 | November 8, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

hessone, Been following your banter on DMN. I too have been giving psychotic Cowgirls fans the business, but I'm an novice by comparison, and somehow I have developed compassion for those pathetic bastards. Keep Up The Good Work!
Regards,
Star G

Posted by: Spanglerg | November 8, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Um... Didn't we already see this article?...

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 8, 2010 10:39 AM

Would you prefer a look back at the Haynesworth saga, or more analysis of the McNabb benching?

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

JC is gone, and I wish him the best. But I'm not worried about him at this point.

What I am worried about is that this regime decided to trade 2nd round picks for a QB they're not sold on. They should have figured that out before the made the move. Kyle has no resume to be undermining McNabb. Hopefully it will all get ironed out and we'll get a few more very productive years out of Donovan, but if they decide after this season he's not the guy, this Shanahan/Allen bunch has some explaining to do.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 8, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

I don't know about us drafting colt but we did lose a chance at Nate Allen, Terrence Cody, Zane Beadles, Jared Veldeer, Jon Jerry, J.D. Walton, Golden Tate, and a lot of other guys that are going to be pretty good.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

None.

Posted by: p1funk | November 8, 2010 10:28 AM

Rex's 47 career turnovers in 38 games say otherwise...but agree to disagree...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 8, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Giants have won 5 in a row, impressive, true. But lets look at how they've played:

Chicago, 5-3
Houston, 4-4
Detroit, 2-6
Dallas, 1-7
Seattle, 4-4

Like I said, impressive, but they really haven't played anyone worth fearing. The Redskins have also beat Chicago and Dallas, and should've beaten Houston as well. The Giants don't scare me at all.

How about the Eagles? Since playing the 'skins they're 3-1. A look at the teams they've played:

49ers, 2-6 (w)
Atlanta, 6-2 (w)
Titans, 5-3 (L)
Colts, 5-3 (w)

Philly has the more impressive last few games. They've knocked off the Colts and took care of Atlanta pretty easily. Plus the 'Skins are at the disadvantage of playing them for the second time in a little over a month. The Redskins still have to play the Giants twice this season.

Worried about the Eagles, yes.
The Giants? Not so much. They don't have to knock out their starting QB or let the game come down to a 30 yard Hail Mary to win the game.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and look who is last in punt returns and all those Fair Catches:

Posted by: iubiquity | November 8, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4

Yeah, if you were brain dead as Jason Reid those would be your only two go to topics.

How about:

*Portis' development

*Trent Williams take and his ups and downs on his first 8 games played in the NFL

*Orakpo's play

*How Slowig and the offensive line plan to protect McNabb better

*Fred Davis' future with the team

... I don't know...

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

red, the giants worry me, they're playing well on both sides of the ball...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 8, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

What the fatcats in the media/consumer technology complex don't want you to know is that Brandon Banks was kneecapped by a hitman from the Gillooly Society, a splinter group of the Freemasons, to prevent his lightning-quick speed from exploiting the shortcomings in HDTV screen refresh rates.

Right, frak?

Posted by: freakzilla | November 8, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Red, I maintain that you don't know what you're getting with the Ginas until the whole season has a chance to play out...they're notorious for starting strong and fading badly down the stretch. They look good now, but that doesn't mean they won't crap the bed in December...

The Eagles are streaky too...Vick is kinda carrying them right now but their D has the potential for collapse and unless they get that shored up, I don't trust 'em...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 8, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

None.

Posted by: p1funk

What are you kidding me!!!! Look at the passing rating for their careers and that is all you nee to know about non sexy rexy

Posted by: jm220 | November 8, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

We need to shore up the OLine....where is the accoutability there?

This season has a potential for 2nd half collapse. The Interrior OLine is the worst......

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 8, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26

I think you're confusing the Ginas with the Cowgirls, who are always terrible in December. The Ginas started meh and finished like champs in their superbowl year not so long ago.

Posted by: rexforab | November 8, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

"There's no reason to believe that JC in DC with this Oline and with a new coaching staff/scheme to learn would be any better than Rex Grossman."

With JC's track record, he would at least be serviceable under a new system. Look at him in Oakland. So with all the JC bashing that goes on, he at least has a winning record with a team on the upswing now. But it's all moot because he's not here.

But agreed we should bring in Terrence Austin. Roydell Williams hasn't provided anything noticable except a few special teams tackles and a couple short yardage catches. Unless a ball is thrown directly to Joey Galloway, he's not going to dive or jump very high at this stage of his career. So bring on the youth.

Posted by: QSkinzfan | November 8, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Almost sorry to post thisbut it is pretty funny if you're not too serious about things:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 8, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

*Fred Davis' future with the team

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 11:01 AM

That's one I'd definitely like to see. With the lack of production at WR, there's no good excuse not to feature Davis big-time in the second half of the season.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for reporting the obvious.

Posted by: tc2003 | November 8, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

I'm not going to watch the game now that BB is out.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 8, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Does your prediction change as well???

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

OPTIMISM

1. Tailored roles on defense
2. Portis’ expected return
3. McNabb’s progression in the offense
4. The defense is forcing turnovers
5. They control their fate in the NFC East

PESSIMISM

1. The quarterback controversy
2. McNabb’s faltering health
3. An offensive line encore
4. A banged-up backfield
5. Fighting the odds in the kicking game

============================================

My take on kool aid Monday. McNabb will get his legs back, and the Shannys will rely more on the rushing attack to help McNabb. Getting CP back to help in pass pro will give McNabb added confidence. I think we'll see some more changes in the starting Oline.

Posted by: TWISI | November 8, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

There's no reason not to bring up Terrence Austin and Ray Small to see what we have cut Galloway and Williams.

James Davis should be called up as well he could be a good RB to go with Torrain.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 8, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Oh i'm sure they're coming before 6pm

Posted by: jumbo5383 | November 8, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

*Fred Davis' future with the team

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 11:01 AM

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Davis isn't going anywhere. Cooley is dropping too many balls, and although he's probably our 2nd best pass catcher right now on offense, he is coming off an injury and ain't getting any younger. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins trade him in the offseason while we still can. I love Captain Chaos but it might be better for the team if we trade him and other players that can get us more draft picks. A solid 3rd rounder would be decent for him.

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 11:01 AM

And mayby an article or two on the development of practice squad players such as Capers, Cook, Austin, J. Davis, and Russell.

Considering the struggles of our O-line, the inefectiveness of Galloway and R. Williams, the injuries to our running backs, and the weaknesses of our backup safeties; all of the above mentioned guys could be major contributers to improving the last half of our season.

Posted by: kaasmaster | November 8, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 11:25 AM |

Here we go again with the trade Cooley crap. I call BS on this. Going against what the so called experts on this blog think A) Fred Davis drops a lot of passes 2) Cooley can block, Fred absolutely cannot III) there is a reason Fred doesn't hit the field more here and if it's sticking to Shanny's MO it's because he doesn't practice well and probably isn't getting the scheme...or he's sleeping through meetings.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 8, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

"This is probably too pesimistic, but how are the Redskins going to compete with the Iggles and GMen. I understand we beat the Iggles already and the "any given Sunday" mantra, but really, with Vick back and the GMen rolling, I'm afraid it's going to be a total beatdown playing these teams.

I hope I am wrong, but as long as our Oline is a turnstile, I am not sure if we win one of our next four (philly,tenn,vikings, and Gmen)."

Posted by: zgg0300 | November 8, 2010 10:09 AM

I agree that you are being too pessimistic. The O-line has been far from great, but the only game in which they have been truly turnstile-like was the Lions game, and that was largely due to a dominant performance by one of the best young interior D-linemen in the NFL, Suh. We've even been able to mount an effective running attack in some games, including the first Philly game, when we averaged 4.8 yds. per rush on 35 attempts. Vick or no Vick, if we beat them on the road, we're certainly capable of beating them at FedEx. I agree that we probably lose the two Jints games and at Tennessee, though I wouldn't forclose the possibility of Eli throwing a few at our guys and giving us one of the games. With winnable games coming up against Philly, the 'Boys, the Vikes, the Bucs and the Jags, I don't see the wheels coming off. I'm sticking to the 8-8 record that I thought they would have when the season started.

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | November 8, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rexforab | November 8, 2010 11:10 AM

While you're right about the Cowdungs, the Giants have done the same thing...here's their record under Coughlin (save for the SB season):

2009: 8-8 (5-0 start)
2008: 12-4 (11-1 start, 1-3 in Dec.)
2006: 8-8 (2-4 in Dec/Jan)

So I would say their strong finish in '07 was the exception...not the rule.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 8, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

So, if Banks is out for the Eagles game, do we see Chad Simpson return kicks and Buchanan *yawn* return punts?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 8, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

It also would be nice to see them try pluging in someone at center. I like Casey Rabach, but the dude is getting pushed around like he stole something. He's good at the cerebral part of being a center, but his physical skills are slipping quite a bit. It's time for an upgrade there just as much as receiver.

Posted by: QSkinzfan | November 8, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 11:01 AM

Posted by: kaasmaster | November 8, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Seems to me the moment we see those guys play is the time we officially give up on this season and start thinking about next year. Those guys aren't ready, if they were we would have seen them by now. We just have to deal with the line we have now. Maybe they'll play better once they get more playing time together and the chemistry grows! Sha, and monkeys could fly outta my butt!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

The Giants are going to destroy us, as they usually do.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 8, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Red-

The Giants worry me because over the past several seasons they've beaten us easily on a regular basis, save 1 game in 07.

We just don't match up well with them.

The Eagles game is winnable if the defense brings its A game and McNabb manages to not hit a few receivers in the feet.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 8, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rexforab

Not so long ago? How about we do 'not so long ago' as in last season?

They started 5-0 and finished 3-8. In those 11 games they gave up 40 or more 5 times.

The previous season they went 12-4 and lost to a lower seeded Eagles team in the second round.

Nah, brown is dead on about the Giants.

Yeah, the Giants are playing well -- now. But they aren't wowing me. Pasting the Seahawks the way they did yesterday doesn't frighten me in the least.

The Seahawks had some bama named 'Charlie Whitehurst' under center yesterday and their defense mailed it in before the coin toss.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: QSkinzfan | November 8, 2010 11:33 AM
------------------------------------------
The only "cerebral" aspect of Rabach's game I see is his cerebellum - along with the rest of his head - being smooshed into the turf as some nose tackle crashes in on the quarterback. Rabach's favorite call at the line, "I surrender on one..."

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 8, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

campbell got lucky with that next to last pass he threw yesterday, it was right into 2 white jerseys and their wr made a great catch.

Posted by: miked4 | November 8, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 8, 2010 11:31 AM

I don't think it's an either/or proposition. Why can't both TEs get on the field at the same time?

If Shanny thinks Davis sucks, he should stop wasting a roster spot with him. We all saw what he could do last year, and it was more than anyone not named Moss has done so far catching the ball this year.

You can't convince me Galloway and Williams are lighting it up in practice and stinking up the field on Sundays. If that's the case, Shanahan needs to reconsider how he evaluates who gets in the game.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 8, 2010 11:31 AM

scamp, you're fighting an uphill battle...no matter how sound your reasoning or how little sense the trade itself makes, SOMEONE up here is gonna throw out ridiculous trade proposals for our key players simply because it worked soooo well on their Madden season.

Cooley's not going anywhere...he's one of about 5 players on offense they can't do without right now. As good a receiver as he is, he's a much improved blocker...which we desperately need with a crappy O-line. Plus anyone who thinks you'd see more than a 4th or 5th round pick for him is nucking futs...but not as crazy as those who think Davis will be good enough to block...go back and watch the blocked FG in the Texans game and let me know how much hope you have in that...

Nobody's trading McNabb. We keep him or he walks. No in-between. Nobody's trading CP. Or Fletcher. Or Hall. They have about as much chance of getting dealt as that "Betts for Brady" deal ever had of getting done...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 8, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 11:25 AM |

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 8, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

It's not something I want to happen either, but how many GOOD veterans do we have that we can afford to trade away to use for the good of the team and draft players? Let's see, there's Cooley, Moss, and maybe ACarter, that's it! Cooley I'm sure we could get a 3rd rounder for, but Moss I'm not too sure, maybe 4th, and Carter we'd be lucky for a 5th. Davis is ok, obviously no Cooley, but he's still young, he'll learn. Plus we have Paulson behind him to push him. We'll be fine, but we'll have to slip a woopie cushon or tacks in Davis' seat so he won't fall asleep in the meetings!

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

alan, agreed, get both guys on the field, and in patterns, enough with the Galloway crap....clearly its not working with JG...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 8, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Does your prediction change as well???

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 11:18 AM |

I'll stick with 24-20...screw it...ok I'll watch the game...guess I'll need a nap after work...last late game of the season!...unless we get flexed...hope not!

Posted by: PlayAction | November 8, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: miked4 | November 8, 2010 11:39 AM

There were just seconds left on the game clock, and Campbell did the only thing he could do that wouldn't lose the game outright--he gave his WR a chance to make the play.

A throw anywhere else would have sealed the loss.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 11:40 AM
-----------------------------------------
I think they could - and would - if Davis could show a little more consistency with his play. The dude looked great in the preseason but has looked pretty mediocre in playing time this season. He has to make the most of his opportunities. I have seen Paulsen in there occasionally. I'd like to see him get some playing time as he is a better blocker than Davis - maybe even better than Cooley.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 8, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

... and the Shannys will rely more on the rushing attack to help McNabb.

I thought that was suppose to be the script upon bringing him here in the first place.

So far they're relying on McNabb to win games for them. They didn't bench any of the offensive linemen when they couldn't run the ball for the first few weeks -- or talk about their conditioning, or how they functioned in the 2-minute drill, or informed any of them they might get pulled mid-game if they started to flounder (apologies to the poster) save for Dockery.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

The Giants are going to destroy us, as they usually do.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 8, 2010 11:35 AM
------------------------------------------
Go suck a yak. Are you a Redskins fan or what?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 8, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

We will be fine and come out swinging and reborn from this bye week!! While Brandon Banks is the man on ST him being out for 2 weeks prolly wont hurt us too much but when he comes back i would love to see him more in the receiving game as a slot WR! jason campbell has won how many games in almost 6 years as a starter?? LMAO DUDE IS A JOKE!! HOW MANY PLAYOFF GAMES LEAD A TEAM 2? HOW MANY HAS HE WON?? NOW HOW MANY HAVE MCNABB AND REX WON?? jason campbell will NEVER LEAD A TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS LET ALONE A SUPERBOWL!! A REAL QB LIKE Aaron Rodgers had a worse OLINE than we did last season and STOMPED! jc is a get you bye QB not a STAR!! WE WOULD BE WORSE THAN THE COWGIRLS WITH THAT CHUMP STARTING FOR US!!!

Posted by: warriorking1112 | November 8, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

C'mon monk...really, dude? Maybe we could get 11 first rounders for Orakpo and 6 second rounders for for Landry...but why stop there? An entire draft class for AH? Maybe the Colts will take a unicorn that pisses diesel fuel straight up for Manning. Thoughts?

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 8, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Go suck a yak. Are you a Redskins fan or what?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 8, 2010 11:50 AM

Yup, been a Redskins fan for 29 years. So I know what to expect. I'll be cheering them on but sorry, the Giants are going to roll us because our O-line sucks. Simple as that.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 8, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | November 8, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

HELL YES!!! Reid needs always Depressing about the Beloved REDSKINS!! Next he will be sayying we should of kept the future HOF'er gunslinger jason campbell(LMAO) and shipped a bum joke of a QB Mcnabb to Qakland for a 1st rd pick!! LMAO LMAO jason campbell LMAO Dude tries to hard to be Jesus!! HTTR!!! Get over him He NEVER DID CRAP AS A STARTER IN 5 YEARS HERE! HE was a WASTE OF A 1st rd pick!! ORAKPO IS GONNA MAUL VICK LIKE A PITBULL ON MON!!! HTTR!! THE REDSKINS ARE GONNA SHUTOUT THOSE F eAGLES AND PUT MAKE THEM LEAVE IN BODY BAGs!!!

Posted by: warriorking1112 | November 8, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Does your prediction change as well???

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 11:18 AM |

Posted by: PlayAction | November 8, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, don't be a NERD, it's not that late!!!

I'm thinking one of the 2 Giant games gets flexed! Sorry bout your luck!

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

The arguments about for keeping Davis off the field apply doubly to Galloway and Williams. Inconsistent, not making the most of their playing time...

We've had half a season to see what those guys can do, and I'd rather take my chances with some 2 TE formations that give Fred Davis an oportunity to GROW and improve. He's a young guy, and he has a lot more likelihood of developing his game than Joey Galloway.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 8, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 8, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

What exactly are you complaining about??? Usually when people DISCUSS things they make their point known.

By the way, I wouldn't settle for anthing less than 12 1st rounders for Orakpo, and I heard reports that the Colts will settle for a pink elephant that sh*ts ham sandwiches for Manning, get it right!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

I think this team is three years away from being a consistent legitimate contender. With that assumption, I think the sins should look to trade value older players now for draft picks while keeping some of our youth. I like McNabb, but this team is nowhere near an S-Bowl caliber team. If we can franchise him and then trade him for a third and sixth round draft pick, we should...win win for everybody. We should also trade Fat Albert for a fourth and six round draft pick. I would also consider trading our best player Chris Cooley for a second and sixth round draft pick. By the time this team is competitive, Cooley will be past his prime. The Shanny's have to face reality...this team needs an infusion of youth and depth. Vinny left this team in shambles. The way ahead is through the draft and ditching older players.

Posted by: PClowney94 | November 8, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Giants aren't scaring me too much either. Yeah they whooped a crappy seattle team and a terrible Carolina team but they played close games against the Lions, Bears, and Cowboys. Sheli's arm is too frail for the winter winds anyway so they have to win now while they can.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 8, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking one of the 2 Giant games gets flexed! Sorry bout your luck!

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 12:02 PM

Well can you let me know which one so I can take off work the next day! Bad thing about the 1pm games though is the STUPID ravens games...hate them.

Posted by: PlayAction | November 8, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

The giants will get stomped after Big Al sits on Manning and Orakpo knock's his head off!! BOOK IT Manning wont finish the game and WE WILL WIN A CLOSE one!!

I wish we would have landed Randy Moss he already has more receiving TD's then our WR's!! He could have only Helped this team what did we have to lose?? Same with T.O. WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM! HE COULD HAVE ONLY HELPED THIS TEAM!!!! He should of had that bum Devin Thomas's roster spot! I wish we would cut Roydell Williams and Give T-Austin a Shot to SHINE!!
jason campbell is a football GOD WE SHOULD HAVE ASKED FOR a 1st and a 3rd for him LMAO LMAO SINCE HE LEAD US TO MANY SUPER BOWLS AND MADE JOE GIBBS RETIRE A CHAMP AND DIDNT EMBARRASS SAINT JOE AT ALL!!!

Posted by: warriorking1112 | November 8, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

terramce austin was #2 in the ncaa last year in kickoff and punt returns... banks was #1...

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | November 8, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Beep-Beep, Optimism Bus traveling to stupid poll Post!!! All aboard!!!!

Posted by: monk811 | November 8, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

The problems at wide receiver has spanned three coaching regimes and two front office regimes

The problems on the offensive line have spanned two coaching regimes

The problems on the defensive line have spanned three coaching regimes

The problems at QB (for the most part) have spanned the last FIVE coaching regimes

Know something? The Redskins SUCK at problem solving. SAAAAAUUUUUUHHHHHHHHCCCCCK

"Just c'aint get wyte, boss"

Posted by: RedDMV | November 8, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Kyle Shanahan needs to prove that he can play call a decent game before he critisizes McNabb.
I have no doubt that all this BS coming from the Skins is tied to KS and MS. What they don't realize is that Redskins fans know football and you can't feed us bull and call it fish. DMac isn't a great passer (we've seen this guy for 11 years), we all know that, but to have a guy who has only been a pro coach for 4 years come in and critique his play and mechanics is plain ole dumb.
KS hasn't realized that you don't dump on guys that are vets let alone pro bowl caliber vets.
MS might be sticking up for his kid but his kid hasn't been doing a 'lights out' job of calling the plays either.
If MS doesn't correct the petty bull that is coming out of the organization he's going to lose the lockerroom and the fans .

Posted by: priceisright | November 8, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PClowney94 | November 8, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse
6th 6th 6th round picks, maybe a deal with the devil to win Danny a Suber Bowl!! lol! i Agree somewhat we should trade some players if we get some good value out of it just LIKE WE TRADED jason campbell FOR MORE THAN WHAT HE IS WORTH but not Cooley, maybe Davis tho and NOT McNabb Until we have a quality QB IN LINE NOT BRETT FAVRE lol!!! Any team can rise up and win a Super BowL any Season now in this gen even the rams and the lions that is why the NFL is America's REAL PAST TIME!!! Who know Maybe we Come out this bye BEASTING and Become a REAL TEAM AND MAKE A SUPER BOWL RUN lol i gotta think Positive!!

Posted by: warriorking1112 | November 8, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse