Kelly Says 'Everything Felt Great'

Rookie wide receiver Malcolm Kelly, who has had nothing but back luck with his knees, is optimistic that he may have overcome some of the swelling and setbacks. Kelly practiced again today, despite the slippery conditions, and was very pleased with the outcome.

"It didn't bother me at all," Kelly said. "I wanted to make sure I didn't slip and fall, but there were no problems. Everything felt great."

Kelly said he is trying to put in extra study time, but is most excited about getting through two straight full practices. "There's nothing like practicing," he said. At times the task can seem daunting, with the size and speed of the game a lot to adjust to, but Kelly said that after a rep or two in practice he generally gets the feel of things.

"After the first play, I usually get going," he said.

Kelly would love to face the Cowboys - the team he grew up cheering for but no longer has an allegiance to - but Coach Jim Zorn said he does not expect him to play. The Redskins hope he will get into a game soon after this weekend and that he will not have to go on the injured-reserve list, ending his season.

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 13, 2008; 3:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Blache Says Hall, Taylor Are Ready
Next: Special Teams Will Take on New Look

Comments

Not sure why that is so hard to fathom.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 3:01 PM |

I believe Erasmus James will be a BEAST for us next season when he is fully healthy. He was still injured on only able to get on the field for the last preseason game. Patience is needed for him.

And here is JLaC trying to interject his beliefs again. The coaches probably have over a combinbed 100 years of coaching experince over JLaC who is all over the place with unknown (to me) bands from the 80s, RedSux, and Hockey........

Bumpin in my IPod:

Hook Me Upaaa - Backyard Band

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 13, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

FIRST time he can say that

Posted by: Zeebs | November 13, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

This would be our THIRD win in a row over the vile Cowpokes

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Kelly has one catch. I recall really liking the way he went after the ball. Lots of ifs with him, but if he plays, I suspect he contributes more than we'd expect.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 13, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Seems like a mistake if he doesn't play. We're already without Portis. We'll likely be without Betts. Moss is hobbled. It seems like this team could use as many offensive weapons on the active roster as possible, just in case.

Posted by: psps23 | November 13, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

I ask you then, zcezcest1, et al - we both think he should, but will Zorny in fact give Deangelo a Hall pass to return punts??

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

McGee will be the only bright spot for the 'zards this season.

I'll be surprised if they win 30 games.

Posted by: RedDMV

*Wizards post*

McGee has the potential to be better than Haywood....this season. The more he polishes up, the quicker the Wizards instantly become a playoff contender.

And don't forget Nick Young. As long as Eddie Jordan refrains from playing Etan Thomas more than 15 minutes a game, Antonio Daniels 15 minutes a game, DeShawn Stevenson 20 minutes a game, and Darius Songaila at all, the Wizards will be fine. Butler is still Butler, Jamison is still Jamison, and Nick Young and McGee are upgrades over starters from last year. They just need to settle in.

*End Wizards post*

Posted by: psps23 | November 13, 2008 3:10 PM

Agreed. Remember Champion Juan Dixon in the mix though.

Posted by: Realness1 | November 13, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

I ready for Kelly to hit the field and shut some people up.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 13, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

If Jasno was in charge of Canton, they'd be making a bronze bust of Leigh Torrence right now. Glad he found work but will be shocked if I don't see him getting burnt as a starting CB for the Saints on a weekly basis.

Posted by: JasonLaTempleton | November 13, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | November 13, 2008 3:19 PM

I thought the reason he wasn't going to play is that he doesn't know enough of the offense. If he zigs when JC expects him to zag, he might be more of a weapon for the Cowboys than for us. Surely Zorn can work this out based on what he's seen in practice?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

And if he does we know JLC won't come up here and say sht about it.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 13, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | November 13, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

zorny is confusing me. i guess it's all about practice before playing. putting your time in practice before you can be in the bright lights. zorny is playing with house money i guess. wonder if vinny is itching to for zorny to put kelly on the field too.

Posted by: dealer1 | November 13, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

You are correct, I think we should make it free-real tomahawk night. No way that could go badly.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse
LMAO

Posted by: frediefritz | November 13, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm naming my first child Lorrence.
It's a mix of Leigh and Torrance.

Posted by: MonkMossMann | November 13, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Agreed TE. WOuld be great to get Kelly in there but physically and mentally you cannot rush him. It would be great to see him have his coming out against the team he grew up dreaming of playing for but it doesn't look like it's in the cards. This kid is going to be the real deal once that knee settles down.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

don't know what Zorn will do with Hall on punts, but ARE is the wrong guy to have back there. I'd have liked to see Rock handle punts, but he may be a our #1 RB come Sunday, so this isn't the week to make that change.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 13, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

If Zorn says Kelly ain't ready, he ain't...end of story.

I would not have cut E-James now either, I would have cut him in camp and kept the 7th round pick. 4th your nutz this dude is never going to be anything.

Posted by: chrislarry | November 13, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

I'm naming my first child Lorrence.
It's a mix of Leigh and Torrance.

Posted by: MonkMossMann | November 13, 2008 3:28 PM

And it's pronounced Lowrents

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to see Kelly get involved soon provided he can contribute. Devin looks like a long term project and I love Thrash, but he's not the answer as our #3.

***Wizards post

Posted by: psps23 | November 13, 2008 3:10 PM

Agreed. Remember Champion Juan Dixon in the mix though.

Posted by: Realness1 | November 13, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Can you guys pass whatever it is you're smoking this way?

Javale and Nick look nice but the Wiz look like a 35 win team.

***end Wizards post.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 13, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

This would be our THIRD win in a row over the vile Cowpokes

Counting the win already, wow!

Posted by: Dfan | November 13, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

++++Great to hear Kelly knee is holding up. Wish Zorn would let him play this week.

JM220
Posted by: icetotalpackage ++++

If Zorn says he doesnt' know what he's doing out there and you say you wish Zorn would let him play,I'm beginning to doubt your allegiance to the redskins. All three receivers drafted have been clueless all year. Zorn would play them in a hertbeat if he thought they could help.

Not only are there 3-4 WR rookies tearing up the league, but even Dallas rookie TE Martellus Dennett has more catches for more yards than all three combined and he's playing behind the starting Pro Bowl receiver.

Neither Kelly nor Thomas bothered to show up in shape, hence they've been hurt, and when healthy apparently can't grasp the complexities of the offense.

Posted by: TheCork | November 13, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

JZ said DH may return 1-2 punts, same as SM, in an earlier interview.

Posted by: frediefritz | November 13, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator

Probably true. I'm not saying start him and play him 60 snaps. Surely there are basic plays and routes that he is comfortable with. If it comes down to it, and I really hope it doesn't, but if Moss tweaks his hammy again, we'll be down to 3 WRs and 2 RBs. That is not a favorable situation, especially considering only 1 of the 5 players is any form of proven in this offense. With the injuries to key positions on offense, it seems like the # of bodies could be a major factor here.

Posted by: psps23 | November 13, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I was down with the Erasmus James experiment - I mean what 7th rounder has ever amounted to anyhting....oh check that...

Give him the boot.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

From the redskins blog:

First part is about practice from yesterday:

Despite that, though, everyone seemed to be going full speed. I was full of compliments about yesterday’s practice — and in fact overheard people today describing yesterday’s session as “the best I’ve seen in more than five years” — and today looked just as energized.

From today's practice:

Clinton Portis was not outside at practice, and Zorn said there had been “no change today” for him. Ladell Betts (Zorn: “Betts looked good today”) and Shaun Alexander both ran hard, and someone also commented that Rock Cartwright was really working hard. Obviously, you’d like to have the NFL MVP candidate ready for game time, but if he can’t go, the potential three-headed backup monster looks prepared to do well at Dallas (and to devastate fantasy owners nationwide).
It’s time for the Good News/Bad News Bullet Point, starring Malcolm Kelly. Good news: Malcolm Kelly was indeed practicing again. Bad news: Devin Thomas was not, sidelined by a stomach bug of some sort. (Although Zorn noted that “Devin’s probably mad at me, because I made him come out and watch practice.) Good news: Kelly again looked crisp catching the ball and running afterward. Bad news: Zorn thinks it’s unlikely he’s going to be active against Dallas, as he’s just not prepared yet. There is no further good news on this subject.
Santana Moss, to my relatively untrained eye, looks good. Every muscle in my body was tightening up in the cold and the wet, so it seemed potentially rough for a guy coming off a hamstring injury, but he showed no immediately visible signs of discomfort or limitations.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

If I were Zorn, I would have gone up to JLC and the shlub reporters from everywhere, and said, "By the way, I am gonna violently smoke and mirror all week to screw with the cowboys, on injuries and who is tiered, if you can help me out and play a long that would be super medium of you!"

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone seen Fred Davis? Is he still on the team?

Posted by: kmichael76 | November 13, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm surprised that Zorn may allow Hall to return a punt (or two). I've heard him questioned about Randle El and what he likes about El is that he protects the ball (except in that first game). Think that is why Zorn has been hesitant to give anyone else a chance - he trusts El to hang on to the ball no matter what.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 13, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

I asked Blache about DE Erasmus James, who would have been atop my list of guys to let go when Hall was added (rather than Leigh Torrence)

Not sure why that is so hard to fathom.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: driley | November 13, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

*Another Wizards post*

Can you guys pass whatever it is you're smoking this way?

Javale and Nick look nice but the Wiz look like a 35 win team.

***end Wizards post.

Posted by: Original_etrod

Not declaring them world beaters just yet.

Did they look like a 35-win team beating the 6-1 Jazz? They started out 0-5 last season too. All is not lost. Who knows, maybe Blatche steps it up at some point too. And I know you're not incorporating Gil into your assessment, but he is a wild-card that could set this team on fire mid-season.

I hated the way they played the first few games, but as long as EJ takes the youth road instead of the veteran road, this team will get better and better as the season progresses.

*End Wizards post*

Posted by: psps23 | November 13, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Jason Taylor, should he take snaps away from Andre Carter or Demtric Evans?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 13, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 3:12 PM

4th quarter 2:00 left. Skins score game clinching touchdown. Larry Michael on the radio broadcast".......And the tomahawks...they're showering the field with them!"

Posted by: Predator48 | November 13, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

The reason you dont dump James is that he already cost you the 7th round pick and its lost for good now, I say deactivate him the rest of the season if need be but see what he does next off season once 100% and maybe he is a DE worth his weight, but give him a chance to get to that 100% mark again.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Some people need to learn this isn't an NBA blog.

If you want to talk about the Wizards go somewhe...oh, what? It was the "regulars" talking about the Wizards? It was the "regulars" talking about non-Redskins stuff?

Nevermind, no problem there. Proceed.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | November 13, 2008 3:32 PM |

Keep this up, Cork, and we won't be able to make excuses for you anymore.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

+++Let me explain the difference. James is coming off an injury, and is a former top 20 draft pick. Torrence, is an undrafted free agent, whose spot was taken on the roster by D. Hall, a SUPERIOR player.

Not sure why that is so hard to fathom.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg++++

Let me explain why your explanation may be invalid. First, if Zorn and Blache and Grey were behind the deal, I agree with you. But if it was rammed down their throats by the Personnel Guru, consider this.

Torrence may not have the experience and immediate skills of Hall. But he appeared to be on the upswing, and Hall has been on the downswing for the last two year. Look up the word "Sieve" in the dictionary, and there's a photo of Hall getting beat deep.

Halls' excuse has been he's a zone guy missused in press coverage favored by Oakland. Excuse me? Rogers and the healthy Springs pressed their men and owned them. Smoot had the same success with TO.

How is Hall a big addition if he can't cover man to man?

The trouble with you guys is if Vinny brought back Jeff George and Archuletta you'd declare him a genius and it a no-brainer.

If he works out here-- great. But with his past character issues, I wouldn't be shocked if a salary drive performance the rest of the year to earn a big redskin contract comes to the same end as guys like Lloyd and Taylor.

Posted by: TheCork | November 13, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

This would be our THIRD win in a row over the vile Cowpokes

Counting the win already, wow!

Posted by: Dfan | November 13, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Typical Cowboy fan - can't read...."would" is connotes the conditional tense; to wit, a theoretical or provisional outcome, not to be mistaken with future tense ("will") which would connote the aforementioned being more of a fait accompli ("done deal" to you, Cowpoke)

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

"I just love to laugh at posts like this one. James has contributed zilch this whole season while Torrence has contributed on special teams and in nickel coverages. James is taking a roster spot that is more of a luxury as the season's attrition grinds down the team. Healthy bodies are needed. James is hurt and no one knows when and if he will be viable this season. Keeping James on the team is like having 52 players while the rest of the teams have 53. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

Posted by: driley"

Erasmus has played and he drew two holding calls in one game I believe.

and PS it was Leigh freaking Torrence

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

Posted by: driley

Thank you. Precisely my idea with Torrence vs. Tryon too. That said, I would rather have James than Tryon. But I get the impression that both guys are longshots to ever make an impact.

Posted by: psps23 | November 13, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

LMG just made my head hurt

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Alex,

I have no problem with putting him on IR and letting him try to be healthy for next year. That would make a lot more sense than keeping him on the roster in the chance that he may contribute in some small way this season. I am sure that Blache would really like to have one more healthy body for his defensive schemes, especially with all the ones nursing injuries now.

Posted by: driley | November 13, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

driley, thanks for the compliment about my posts. Yours aren't all that however....

Funny if you actually watch the games, you'd see that James IS playing, and has what is called UPSIDE, and that once fully healthy, getting a former first round pick for a 7th rounder, is a steal...I forget what team it was against, but James was the DE that caused 2 off-sides penalties by the other team. When he gets in, he's effective...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

++++Yet Vinnyphiles like you and TE and Craig and Beantown continue to make excuses for Danny's racketball partner.

Posted by: TheCork | November 13, 2008 3:32 PM |

Keep this up, Cork, and we won't be able to make excuses for you anymore.

Posted by: talent_evaluator++++

Hope this doesn't come as too big a jolt to your Ego, T_E, but somehow I'll manage to go on if you don't. But thanks for the though, anyway.

Posted by: TheCork | November 13, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Alex, how could we do this, short of placing him on IR? You can't just deactivate (or IR) someone without cause as far as I'm aware?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Leigh Torrence. I think Tina Fey plays him on SNL.

As for James, he's behind Jason Taylor, Demetric Evans, Chris Wilson and maybe Rob Jackson. So there is a pretty good question in why cut a guy who is getting playing time over someone who isn't and won't.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 13, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

LMG just made my head hurt

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

LOL. Not half as bad as Tony's head will hurt after The Predator comes a knockin

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Jason Taylor, should he take snaps away from Andre Carter or Demtric Evans?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 13, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse
I would play DE and alternate JT and AC on 1st down and second/short or 3rd/short.

On 2nd/long and 3rd/long, bring JT and AC.

Posted by: frediefritz | November 13, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Well you can either IR him for a "nagging injury" related to the one he had when we got him, or we hold onto him, let him do what he can on the active roster. Either way, I think that its far better to hold onto a guy you spent a future pick on through the duration of this season and see what he can do than to dump him and lose the pick/s you gave up for him, thats what THE RAIDERS doo.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

"At least I admit the possibility I'm wrong about Hall. He is NOT a slam dunk. He's a long shot, which is why every other team passed on him, and the redskins landed him cheap.If someone wanted to pay him big money, forget the "virginia" connection, that's where he'd sign."

sorry Cork, but your an idiot

Every other team passed on him in waivers because they didn't want to pay what was it...8 mil for the second half of a season with the guy turning into a free agent at the end of the season.

And the Redskins DID get him cheap, but he was offered more money by The Patriots and the Steelers, so that really doesn't hold weight. This guy was gonna be picked up cheap after clearing waivers, period, and he chose us over two very good teams because he likes the organization.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

When he gets in, he's effective...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Greg, I have to ask then - if he's "effective", why is Blache saying he will not play this week? Why has he hardly played the last 4 gamers with JT out? I'd like to hold onto him to see if he can get healthy, but you as far as I'm aware you can't just IR anybody, has to be a legit long-term injury...right?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

sorry Cork, but your an idiot

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 3:54 PM |

Okay, don't expect me to take his side this time. I've stopped making excuses for him after he crushed my Ego five posts above.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

which is why every other team passed on him, and the redskins landed him cheap

actually, if you wanted to use facts there corky, there were a number of teams interested in him as well, and he chose the Redskins because he's from the area, and grew up wanting to play for this team....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

This just in from the Post News Section:

By Al Kamen and Philip Rucker
There's increasing chatter in political circles that the Obama camp is not overly happy with the usual suspects for Secretary of State these days and that the field may be expanding somewhat beyond Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), Gov. Bill Richardson (D-N.M.), Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.) and maybe former Democratic senator Sam Nunn of Georgia.

There's talk, indeed, that CB Leigh Torrence (D-N.C.) may now be under consideration for the post. His office referred any questions to the Obama transition; Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor declined to comment.

The pick of the former Redskins nickel back and special teams genius would go a long way toward healing any remaining divisions within the Democratic Party after the divisive primaries. Also, Torrence has long been known for his work on slot coverage issues and kick coverage gunner rights. The former Redskin could also enhance Obama's efforts to restore U.S. standing amongst allies worldwide.

Posted by: PatM1 | November 13, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Skins have drafted 16 players in round 6 and 7 since 2003. Here is the result:

9 busts
3 jury is out (Kareem Moore, Rob Jackson, Colt Brennan)
4 players (Doughty, Horton, Blades, Golston)

From that, you get a feel for the value of a late round pick and can decide if Erasmus James was a risk worth taking

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 13, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Truth, there are better ways to voice a dissenting opinion that going straight to the "idiot" card. Hell, we're all (or mostly) Skins fans here....AND it's Dallas week. Pull it together men

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

---------

Good stuff Pat...

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

PatM1 Way to go! That is brilliant in conception and in execution! Do it some more!

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

cut The Truth some slack. Its tough being nice with his hemorrhoids acting up

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 13, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

"p.s. for the record it's "YOU'RE an idiot" not "your an idiot" - f YOU'RE going to cast aspersions at another's mental prowess, you might not want to clown your own

Posted by: Notorious_LMG"

Jeeze.

It was purposely done, for about the 50th time.

And your just a hater anyway.

** yes that was on purpose as well

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 3:56 PM |

That's possible. It's also possible that his agent reminded him of Mr. Snyder's ability to write a big check at the right time and added "Be sure to say that you're from the area and this is the only team you've ever wanted to play for." So, he and Mr. Snyder have that in common.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

So that is a 25% chance? Isn't Goldy in his 3rd year and just finally a starter, though he has contributed a bit every year.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

To say that James himself caused two offsides penalties is a bit of a stretch. I don't remember him recovering to the point of resembling Manley or Mann where the tackle would be bailing out at the first flinch. But if he has recovered all the way to this level perhaps he should be seeing a whole lot more playing time, except that, oh yeah, he's injured.

Posted by: driley | November 13, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Really is funny how if I say "Cork, your an idiot" everyone 1) calls out the bad grammar and 2) tells me to chill out

but

when everyone else does it, it's okay

seriously, yall are lame, get over yourselves

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

To be honest, I can't remember seeing Rob Jackson dressed (not that I saw him naked, you know what I mean) or Chris Wilson on the field (except special teams) much at all. When JT doesn't play, I see a lot of Erasmus relieving Evans (or taking over at DE when Evans moves inside on third down). Am I watching a different game?

Posted by: PatM1 | November 13, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

seriously, yall are lame, get over yourselves

Posted by: TheTruth11

It's "y'all", not "yall". And chill out.

Posted by: psps23 | November 13, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

driley, so he's injured, but still able to contribute...so why not give him a chance to get healthy, and see what happens...I know that everyone LOVED Torrence, but his spot has been taken by a much better corner, so in the long run, the team is better now, than it was...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

"seriously, yall are lame, get over yourselves

Posted by: TheTruth11

It's "y'all", not "yall". And chill out.

Posted by: psps23"

I'm from the south, it's however I want it to be.

Go talk about the Wizards somewhere else.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Shaun Alexander is going to rush for over 100 yards against the cowgirls and show he still has it. He was a great pick up. Cerrato has been real smart lately.

Posted by: knight1977 | November 13, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

It's everyone else, not you Truth. We're sorry. You're the only decent egg on this blog. Allow me to apologize on behalf of all the "lame haters" The rest of you, man up and admit your unworthiness and beg for Truth's forgiveness.

Lame Hater #1

p.s. all in good fun Truth!! I'm a lover not a hater...which isn't to say I love you. Oh no far from it. But you're ostensibly a Skins fan so you seem have at least one redeeming quality. Let's hug it out man

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

when everyone else does it, it's okay

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:06 PM

When the others do it, they're referring to you, so of course it's okay. If you'd refer to yourself that way, then it's okay.

But Cork? An idiot? No way. Why just this morning, on a post lamenting Darrell Green's brother, he referred to himself as "a Mooncalf, a Nipcheese, a Puckfist, a Gagabash and a Quibberdick."

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: knight1977 | November 13, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Wow, this immediately reminded me of the Iraqi Minister of (Dis)Information who proclaimed the infidels were crushed as US tanks rolled thru downtown Baghdad

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, it's Dallas Week and a bunch of you are busy calling each other idiots? Seriously??!

Let's focus people!

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 13, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I refuse to hug it out with you.

Truth says "your an idiot" and gets called out.

Anyone else, it's okay.

Truth talks NBA and gets called out.

Anyone else, it's okay.

You're all judgemental haters and prejudiced xenophobes.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Nominee for POD

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

seriously, yall are lame, get over yourselves

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't it be "y'all"? Or would ya'll say it differently down south?

And I'm originally from Pittsburgh, where they say "yunz" instead of yourselves.

Posted by: frediefritz | November 13, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Let's focus people!

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 13, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

AMEN

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone seen Fred Davis? Is he still on the team?

Posted by: kmichael76 | November 13, 2008 3:38 PM

Fred Davis is so medium he goes unnoticed.

Even his name states mediumness at a normal speaking level.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 13, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

From the Sportsbog...apparently Portis was on a radio show with Micokel Irvin:

[And finally, Irvin asked Portis about some study concerning men having sexual relations seven days a week. "I'd go all seven," Portis volunteered. "Hey, I can go seven for seven."]

Seven for seven? Sheesh, that would give me a serious case of Quibberdick.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 13, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

You're all judgemental haters and prejudiced xenophobes.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Contrary to popular belief in Missippi, Alabama, etc, I don't consider the South a different country. Hug me Truth. Hold me. I CAN handle the Truth

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

I still don't know what a Quibberdick is. So if its Dallas week, let me say, 1 F Larry Michael, 2 F Dallas. And yes anyone who disagrees with me in those two statements is a 100% bonified IDIOT!

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

"Torrence was an odd cut. He did play a lot of snaps and while its a 53 man roster, he was probably around 35-40 in terms of snaps played, not really at the edge of the roster. Also, coaches like to keep guys that play with a lot of heart. By valuing effort, it pushes everyone to play hard. "

His being cut was an acknowledgement that he just wasn't very good - he was constantly getting beat. I don't buy the posts that say Hall is such a long shot. At only 24 he's a two time Pro Bowler. It's an immediate and substantial upgrade. And that's before you consider his punt returning talents. Once you sign Hall, Torrence is totally expendable.

Posted by: HighPlainsDrifter | November 13, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I am disappointed in Chris Wilson. Another good, solid medium-ish name like Mr. Fred. Really thought he might step up this year...granted his opps are limited since signing 55 but still disappointing in his entrance into the Witness Protection Program.

Stay agile...or was it nimble?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

It's getting to where I can't tell the sarcasm from the straight stuff up here...

I don't want to see Shaun Alexander trotting out there on our first series Sunday, I just don't. That would be bad, bad, bad.

Trying to stay positive, I really am! But if we reach a point where we're relying on Shaun Alexander to run the ball, or for that matter counting on Malcolm Kelly to catch the ball, well, golly, that will be a bit of a pickle, won't it?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 13, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Let's focus people!

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 13, 2008 4:15 PM |

Suzanne,

Is this your first day on the blog?

Usually Thursday is the day for discussing who to take in next year's draft or, for the exceptionally far-sighted, the next two years' drafts. So, for us, idiot-calling is focus. It shows our minds are on Dallas, where the coach is an idiot, the QB is an idiot, the owner is an idiot, the WR is an idiot, and Michael Irvin is an idiot-squared.

Back off, girl.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

"Shouldn't it be "y'all"? Or would ya'll say it differently down south?

Posted by: frediefritz"

but yall isn't a contraction for you and all. We never say "you all", we only say yall, it's its own word.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Do you think that LaRon will call Romo a) a Quibberdick b) a Pantywaist or c) a ne'erdowell after he clubs him into the FedEx turf? Perhaps none of the above, simply offer him a hand up and a soda pop?

"Are you my pal Mr. Schilarship winner? How 'bout a Fresca??"

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Next time someone calls YOU an idiot, show them Emmitt Smith's "speaking" highlights :

That are idiot.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

I can't be bothered to analyse anything. They must be crushed. CRUSHED.

Posted by: mikeysuperdons | November 13, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Yes yall is your word, just like imbreading is traditional family values and shottin cars is yalls american passtime.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Utterly destroyed. I yearn for the day I hear a young boy ask "Daddy, was there once a team of pansies called the Cowboys? Were they as lame as everyone says? Why daddy? Why?".

Posted by: mikeysuperdons | November 13, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

CP isn't playing and Zorn is smart enough to not risk him when we've got games against the Giants, Baltimore, and Philly down the stretch. Encouraging to hear that Betts will start and he's not a huge dropoff like SA. As for M. Kelly, I can't see how he'd have any chemistry with JC or be a reliable route runner.

At least Thomas has been suited up and playing on special teams. I'd expect the Skins to try a deep shot or two to Thomas if Moss is being doubled. Cooley will be the go to guy a lot with Dallas weaknesses at safety and inexperienced CB's.

This is a must game for Dallas and an important one for us. We eliminate them from any real playoff hopes with a loss and a two-game lead for the wild card.

Posted by: wizfan89 | November 13, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

It's gettin a past normal medium chippiness...must be Dallas week.

I'd like to propose a big group hug with Truth in the middle.

Dallas = idiots and such as The Bad Guys and such as
Redskins = talented, smart and such as the Good Guys

p.s. whoever brought that poor Ms. South Carolina to this blog - you have in doign so brought me so much joy. thank you

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Just win and stay healthy.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Alex -- "imbreading"? Is this where you put the stuffing into the Thanksgiving turkey?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mikeysuperdons | November 13, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Where you been all my life Miguel?

"Welcome to the party, Richter"

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

imbreading...my god

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to propose a big group hug with Truth in the middle.
Posted by: Notorious_LMG
Thats fine but I am going to require that you put your cloths back on before joining said group hug. And remove the leather S&M mask too its just creepy.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | November 13, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Alex, all by yourself today you have brought up "imbreading" and S&M with other men.

Just saying.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

I'm so proud of myself, not only did I remember to do my tips this week, but I also remembered to set the lineup on my Fantasy Football team!! I guess it's been a productive week!

Posted by: kost52 | November 13, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kost52 | November 13, 2008 4:37 PM

A sure sign that the bars are closed in Melbourne this week and kost has nothing to do.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Can i leave the rubber ball in my mouth?

"Bring out the gimp"

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

I just dropped Santonio Holmes and pickd up Ladell. F Holmes. War Ladell.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 13, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

And kost, you get bonus points because you're a day ahead of us and still making these deadlines!

By the way, what is the exchange rate these days for bonus points? Off the top of my head I'd guess 1 USBP is currently worth about 1.5 AUSBPs.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 13, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

lol - awesome Susanne!

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 13, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

One of the nice things about having DeAngelos Hall on the team is that he is now not playing for Dallas, Eagles, Giants.

Think about it.

Nor is he playing for one of the many of other teams that would love to have him.

This is a low risk, high reward opportunity.

D Hall does not equal Receiver, The.

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 13, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 13, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse
As Nate said, it's hard to see the sarcasm on here. I was saying that "tongue in cheek'. I did live in Atlanta for 6 years, and y'all has stuck with me ever since. (That was 30+ years ago.) It is a very nice way of being inclusive.

Posted by: frediefritz | November 13, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Jason Taylor, should he take snaps away from Andre Carter or Demtric Evans?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 13, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

On 2nd/long and 3rd/long, bring JT and AC.

Posted by: frediefritz | November 13, 2008 3:51 PM

Were I Greg Blache, I'd consider all three at once, with Taylor lining up as a linebacker. Of course, we're talking obvious passing downs, but it would give you three tremendous athletes on the pass rush, especially since Montgomery may not be able to go.

As for Erasmus James- does anyone know if he is a left or right DE? If he's a right DE, he's behind Carter, so good luck getting on the field there. If he's a left DE, his knee may not be good enough yet to take the pounding against run blockers.

Posted by: AppleScience | November 13, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

I have come out of retirement and have signed a 1-game contract with the Redskins to roam the secondary and punish T.O. I will hammer him and pound him into the ground. I will then run a safety blitz and completely seperate Romo's pinky from his hand, effectively ending his career.

I want dallas. (uncapitalized for a reason. I refuse to capitalize the word dallas or cowboys)

Posted by: Alvin_Walton | November 13, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

"This kid is going to be the real deal once that knee settles down." Guess what? He's got severe articular cartilage damage, as in no sure cure in today's medicine. Degenerative osteoarthritis, basically. It's what Oden was trying to address last year with the microfracture surgery. Iffy at best. In other words, kelly's knee likely isn't gonna settle down and very possibly may prevent him from being any kind of force, much less even a player, in the nfl. sorry...

Posted by: krasnomi | November 14, 2008 12:24 AM | Report abuse

Get them healthy first before you throw them out there!!!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | November 14, 2008 5:04 AM | Report abuse

Yea, we're banged up alright, but there is one thing that might be an ace in the hole. Shaun Alexander. Many forget that he came from Seattle from whence came Zorn. He is very familiar with the WCO and Zorn's scheme in particular. Also, he is healthy for the first time in 2 years, and his name has been glaringly absent from comments comming from the team and coaches. I can't help but hope that he is the gun in the ankle holster that the other team doesn't know we have. Go Skins!

Posted by: TRACIETHEDOLPHIN | November 14, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Bumpin in my IPod:

Hook Me Upaaa - Backyard Band
Posted by: 4thFloor | November 13, 2008 3:18 PM |

Nonsense. James isn't hurt, James is lazy. When you get paid 1st round money to pass a physical and subsequently never play the incentive to compete has to come within. Clearly, James isn't a football player he's highly skilled rent extractor. Zero internal dedication to his craft. Once, again danny boy and is ever skilled talent evaluator have replinished the cistern of imcompetence.

Posted by: tony11 | November 14, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse