Portis says he expects to return to Redskins and to be healthy

(Updated at 2:15 p.m.)

Clinton Portis spoke to Rick Maese after finishing an ESPN2 interview today in South Florida. Dan Steinberg has the details of the ESPN2 comments now that he's finished chatting. Rick will have a post for you on his interview later.

Quickly, here are Maese's Twitter headlines from his one-on-one: Portis definitely expects to be back with the Redskins and to be fully healthy, although he has not yet been cleared medically after suffering a concussion. He says he feels good and is excited about the Redskins' coaching changes. He said nice things about Jim Zorn and Stump Mitchell but loves Mike Shanahan and Bobby Turner.

Portis also told Maese that he and Jason Campbell have spoken and that any problems between then were squashed right away. He thinks it was all media-created and his comments were taken out of context. His point wasn't that Campbell is a poor leader; just not an especially vocal one.

Steinberg tweeted these snippets from the ESPN2 interview:

"I'm far from washed up or done. I will walk away from this game when I'm ready. The game's not gonna pass me by."

"That's all I ever wanted to do was have fun, but somehow someway, whenever I'm having fun, it's really taken the wrong way."

"I got so tired of all the BS that I just fell back. I think with Coach Shanahan coming in, that will give us the opp to have fun."

By Cindy Boren  |  February 2, 2010; 11:52 AM ET
Categories:  Clinton Portis , Mike Shanahan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: In former Redskins QBs, Saints find backups to Brees
Next: For Redskins' ex-coach, the third 'G' stands for 'gag order'

Comments

It's an open question as to whether Clinton is still a front-line RB. He sure wasn't last season. How much of that is injuries, I can't tell. But it definitely has that Shawn Alexander/ Ladainian Tomlinson feel about it.

Posted by: Samson151 | February 2, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Whatever. I'm tired of this act, and he doesn't bring it on the field like he used to.

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 2, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

About RBs: remember when folks were lobbying to get rid of Betts last year? He turned out to be our best back until he got hurt. You can bet the Chargers wish they'd traded Tomlinson instead of letting Michael Turner go. Now they're going to have to find a number one back.

Posted by: Samson151 | February 2, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

"Gilbert Arenas pens story about redemption"

from ESPN.com,
"Suspended Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas said ....he'll try to rebuild his relationship with D.C. youth following his guilty plea on a felony gun charge."

Wow.

Just what the children of the nation's capitol need--a guy who didn't have a clue about putting guns in a sports locker room to mentor them about weapon use.

Arenas will tell the children of Anacostia that happiness is a warm gun.

Like they don't know that already.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

"15-of-29 passing for 102 yards and an interception."

Wow. I never realized how much I missed him until now...

Posted by: edvar

Funny stuff

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 2, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

"Gilbert Arenas pens story about redemption"

from ESPN.com,

Wow.

Arenas will tell the children of Anacostia that happiness is a warm gun.

Like they don't know that already.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Maybe he can poop in their shoes too when they're not looking. Kids love that kinda stuff.

Posted by: rich20ssu | February 2, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

What the team should have done was to have put Chase Daniel on the IR with some BS injury as well.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 9:59 AM

What does this get you? Put him on IR and he can't practice with the team. He comes back next year as bad as he was this year.

The Redskins didn't like Chase Daniel. They looked at him in preseason and they didn't want him on their team. They had one of the elite QB coaches in the league who looked at the guy and said "ehh." So, he went to New Orleans and he couldn't even beat out Brunell for backup.

Most of the time in New Orleans he was on the practice squad. Does that give you an idea of how much New Orleans valued him? And on the practice squad, any team in the league could have claimed him, but none did. Does that give you an idea of how the rest of the league sees him?

But, yeah, it's Vinny's fault for not using IR more creatively.

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 11:13 AM
------------------------------------------
I don't care how the rest of the league sees him. He was the most effective quarterback the Redskins had last preseason and this should have meant he was given the same consideration as Saint Colt. If you bring a guy in and he plays well for you, you find a way to hold on to him. That's all I am saying. I mean, why bring him to camp if you're going to suddenly believe the media that says he's too short, or he could only be successful in a spread offense?

As for blaming Vinny, absolutely. Vinny is responsible for everything from global warming to the federal deficit.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Portis will be in rare form next year, putting money on it now.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

CP,

Please don't ever change. Just know there are lot of fans out there that still believe you can be the type of back you were a year ago when you had 9 TDs and 1487 yards. Just know there are a lot of fans out there that realize last year's injuries on the O-line killed our chances of having a top notch running game. And just know there are plenty of fans that are very glad to have you back with the Redskins in 2010.

-Barno

Posted by: Barno1 | February 2, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Barno1,
You make me vomit.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan = fun ?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 2, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan=steel-toed boot to the kister

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse
I'm sure the Skins were planning to sign him to their practice squad. He had to be waived for 24 hours first. Then he is free to sign with any team. Apparently he liked the offer from NO to go on their practice squad instead. No big deal tho. He might make a decent backup.

Posted by: frediefritz | February 2, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

CP-

Ah forget it. Like he looks for personal notes on this dumpy site or cares what anybody thinks.

Posted by: ToddStinkston | February 2, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

CP,

-Barno

Posted by: Barno1 | February 2, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse
I agree, Barno. He doesn't have the breakaway speed he had when he broke into the league, but he can still bring it.

Posted by: frediefritz | February 2, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

z, I believe that portis thinks that Shanahan=scoring more points=more wins=fun....could be wrong, but thats what it seems like to me.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | February 2, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

People that post on this site don't read or care what other people think.

Posted by: RedDMV | February 2, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

"It's an open question as to whether Clinton is still a front-line RB."

Well, in Shanny's system, he doesn't have to be one.

Portis and another back gaining 900 yards a piece--1,800 yards in total--is what'll happen next season.

What'll help Portis, though, is improved line play and some re-dedication to his craft.

Too, I wonder if the 'stretch' is his running play as the jury is out as to whether of not if he has the 'jump cut' speed to break to daylight any longer.

Ben Tate might, and he too excels at pass protection.

Portis-Tate might be a nice backfield next seaosn.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 12:30 PM

Now you know that it is all Bush's fault, Vinney was just the architect.

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | February 2, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Samson151 | February 2, 2010 12:19 PM
-----------------------------------------
That was my thought exactly. I recall hearing many players in their twilight years still vainly predicting they would play like they used to and watching them fail to live up to that expectation. I hear what Portis is saying, but he got lazy last year. I am not sure - even if he has the ability - that he has the heart for it.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Turnerhan = Portis breaks 1k yards at least next season. He says some stupid stuff, yes, but he's still the best RB we have.

IF he can actually be healthy and
IF Shanahan makes him train like he's supposed to then

Portis will be excellent again next year.

Posted by: REXskins | February 2, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

My take away from this post is..if you get to Brees during the superbowl you win.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Oh no, PORTIS is back. We are doomed.

Posted by: glawrence007 | February 2, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

"People that post on this site don't read or care what other people think."

If it makes you feel betta, Red, I do read your stuff, even when you try me.

(INSERT image of moe and red exchanging dap across cyberspace.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

er..I meant the previous post.

My take away from this post is CP hates to lose, thinks winning is fun and thinks he knows what to expect from Shanahan.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Portis has always played hard.

The trouble with Portis now is that his antics in the locker room and what he says and does off the field seem to have caught up with what he's been able to accomplish on the field.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Bigfoot.........I'll take that bet.

Posted by: bones21 | February 2, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 12:51 PM |

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

You dont get rid of CP26. hes your best RB. Just as you dont get rid of Moss as he is your best WR. Just as you dont get rid of CC because he is your best TE.
Im all for a youth movement and trimming some of the old fat but you have to realize that some of your players while they may have downsides are far better then anything else you have or can easily obtain. That means you ARE, Rock , Betts, and others.

Posted by: Stu27 | February 2, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Source,
I hear what you're saying, but do you really think he thinks he screwed up? I think he probably thinks everybody misunderstands him. And that's a big difference.

I also think Shanahan will surprise CP by bringing in some new backs to make things a little more competitive.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

My take away is that his agent has explained how bad he screwed up last year and CP is hoping it's not too late."

It's too late.

CP sucks and is good as gone. What's he going to say?

CP: "Man I juzt can't not be playin' anymo and da Skinz be trying to let me not being at da Parkz."

Or is that Gilbert's Twitter account?

Hmm....

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | February 2, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I'll take CP's 1st downs over "break away" blah blah blah. It's actually a good thing they shelved him for the 2nd half of the season - he didn't need the extra wear.

If the new regime (after taking a tackle at #4) can get him to prioritize football over the jet set he'll have a good year.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | February 2, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

It's too late.

CP sucks and is good as gone. What's he going to say?

Or is that Gilbert's Twitter account?

Hmm....

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz

Oooooo, Lookie. Someone was paying attention in "Negro Ebonics 101".

Idiot.

Posted by: RedDMV | February 2, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse
============================================
RedskinHead, I believe Chase has talent, but don't base it on what you saw in the preseason. Most of the guys he was throwing against are working at UPS now. But he does have ability, and I'm quite sure he's happy about not learning his mechanics from Zorn.

Zorn has never striked me as a guru on coaching up QBs. He can take an already proven elite QB and keep him... well medium, but not elevate him more. He'll take a QB with talent but a little rough around the edges and stunt his growth. I'd be curious as to how Flacco progresses with him.

Posted by: clark202 | February 2, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Ben Tate might, and he too excels at pass protection.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 12:43 PM |

I like Tate. He reminds me of Betts when he came out of college. He's not spectacularly good in any on area of his game, but he is solid.

Posted by: TWISI | February 2, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

do you really think he thinks he screwed up?

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 1:01 PM

Yes. He has an agent who has been explaining this to him for a while now, and has been explaining what it means in terms of his (their) paycheck.

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

CP sucks and is good as gone. What's he going to say?

Or is that Gilbert's Twitter account?

Hmm....

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | February 2, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

1. What does Gil have to do with this?

2. Name a better back on the skins roster.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 2, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

His clown show has gotten old. It's time to move on.

Posted by: stwasm | February 2, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

CP had heart and soul on SUNDAY...
CP lacked heart and soul M-Sat...

Love his toughness... but you have to be clinical in assessing his diminished abilities on the field... those of you who feel he can still bring it, please tell me how CP is different that LT? Shaun Alex? LJ?

Done is done...let it go... please!!!

Posted by: bschaef12 | February 2, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Bigfoot.........I'll take that bet.

Posted by: bones21 | February 2, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

oh word? I'm thinking he'll lead the team in Rushing TDs and break 1000 total yds. from scrimmage. Not phenomenal, but decent.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

2. Name a better back on the skins roster.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8

There are plenty of better, younger, hungrier backs to be had in round 2-4, especially if we can nab an extra pick.

And by cutting him you would serve notice that the same ol' BS ain't gonna fly no more around the park.

CP will say all the right things this offseason, but then when we're 3-5 and he's struggling, hell be back to his sulking, non-practicing self.

No thanks.

Get me a guy who wants to win and is going to bust his hump all the time, not just when the cards are in his favor.

Lots of turnover on the coaching staff, lets bring it to the roster too.

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 2, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking CP is gonna have to practice if he wants to play for Shanahan. And while winning is fun, we all know what CP thinks of practice.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 2, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

If Portis said it, how can it be media-created?

Posted by: jmy999 | February 2, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Ugh, dude, stop.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

No thanks.

Rypien11... Beautifully put mi amigo!
He's always a 50-yard day on 20 carries away from trashing his O-Linemen... stabs his QB in the back, but of course, the media was at fault...

CP=selfish=baby=cancer

Posted by: bschaef12 | February 2, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

"I LIKE TAYLOR MAYS HE HIS THE SECOND COMING OF THE GREAT ST21!!! SAME BUILD , HITS LIKE HIM , A BALL HAWK , SACRAFICE'S HIS BODY,A TACKLING MACHINE!!!!!!! YOUTUBE IT!!"

Mel Kiper, meet your groupie.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32

You can also "YouTube" Shaun Suisham kicking an accurate FG from about 80 yards away, so there you go...

Posted by: RedDMV | February 2, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I am all for keeping CP if it means we will address the O Line in the draft. He is usable, albeit not entirely explosive at this point.

What about a Marcus Mason?

Posted by: CheyenneWY | February 2, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I agree with CP's comment, I will walk away from this game when I'm ready. The game's not gonna pass me by.

Fans especially fair weather Redskin fans are idiots. CP was hurt , out of shape, and without an pro offensive line.

Was he supposed to block for himself cause he sure blocked Campbells blindside. The Redskins were never able to figure out how to use CP ever since he came to DC

Posted by: BeatDontStop | February 2, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

No thanks.

Lots of turnover on the coaching staff, lets bring it to the roster too.

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 2, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

I don't think there are PLENTY of better backs available in rounds 2-4. And I'm pretty sure CP wants to win. I think he deserves most of the credit for getting them into the playoffs the last 2 times.

I won't argue that his act might wear on some teammates. But save the BS about all the guys out there that are better or how he doesn't want to win.

let him get healthy and put together a competent line. Maybe platoon him with a change of pace guy.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 2, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

If Portis said it, how can it be media-created?

Posted by: jmy999 | February 2, 2010 1:29 PM

Ahhh..Because the Media...i.e....The Washington Post...took it out of context....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 2, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

ryp11

"This doesnt even take into account the fact that CPs act seems to have worn thin with his teammates and the fans."

CP complained that Campbell wasn't a vocal leader not realizing that wealthy professional athletes usually don't need to be told to do anything.

Unless, of course, if they aren't committed to working hard.

I wonder how CP would've responded had JC confronted him vocally about his practice habits.

Then, CP would holla, "Why you frontin' and pointin' my weaknesses out in the media like I ain't true to the game!"

"Who you think you are, me?"

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

CP will be here. Im with Bigfoots pu$$y, he could gain 1K yds if healthy and the passing attack exists. If he wont cooperate with Shanny, its an uncapped year which means he could just be cut at anytime. That coupled with Shanny's ability/reputation to produce in the run game with late round picks or guys off the skreet means the balls not in CP's court.

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | February 2, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

It would be a waste of a draft pick to take a RB in this draft. Too many other needs. I could see maybe a 6th or 7th if its the BPA. But only after at least 2 solid OL picks are executed.

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | February 2, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeatDontStop

Right. They tried to change the type of RB that he was and feed him the ball 30 times a game when he was meant to carry the ball no more than 20 times a game.

As for the last 24 games, if I remember correctly there was only one RB who went over the century mark.

Clinton "F-ing" Portis!

People act like the dude can, or should be able to do it all -- open up running lanes for HIMSELF, block for Jason Campbell ON EVERY PLAY even when he's carrying the ball, run WRs routes and catch passes when the WRs are targeted, do kickoffs, punt the ball, coach all three sides of the ball, make personnel decisions, be a fan... Every fu_king thing!

Posted by: RedDMV | February 2, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

"Who you think you are, me?"

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 1:42 PM

The biggest diffference?

CP was behind the same line JC17 used. So when we get a good line....then you'll see results.....I never seen Portis miss a block.....I have seen practice ALL STAR Betts miss on quite a few.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 2, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I hope CP has one more monster year in him, like Curtis Martin did when he won the rushing title.

Also, never compare ST21 with anybody. Especially some kid from USC.

Posted by: iH8dallas | February 2, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Testify, Moe.

PPSTR8 -

Spiller (though he would take a mid-1st we'd have to trade for)
Jahvid Best (if he falls)
Ryan Mathews
Jonathan Dwyer
Joe McKnight
Ben Tate
Toby Gerhart
Anthony Dixon
Montario Hardesty
Dexter McCluster
Keiland Williams
Javarris James
LeGaurette Blount

Are all guys who could produce more than CP next year.

Did you see what freakin' Mason, Betts, Rock, and Ganther did last year behind the same line that Clinton was getting 3 YPC behind? Ganther was running better than I've seen Clinton run in 2 years. GANTHER!!!

Maybe he still wants to win, but his best days are waaaaay behind him.

Not to mention - hell be 29 week 1...he's unprofessional in how he practices and conducts himself... he constantly has barbs with teammates and coaches...

What about that makes him someone you want leading your team, or even on your team at all?

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 2, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

HAHA I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS!! MY OPINION MATTERS MORE THAN YOURS!!! FLAMMA LAMMA DING DONG!!! BUTTSCRATCHA!!!

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Is this what we're going to do this week? Post every day on every guy the Redskins dropped who's in Miami? Leigh Torrence? Pearson Preaulieu? Gregg Williams?

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 7:08 AM |

Awful post. You and MistaMoe are running neck and neck in the turd bird poster derby. Post does serve to hammer homie the point that with all these X-Skinz on their team the Saints are destined to go down vz the Coltz.

Posted by: ElevatorAl | February 2, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

That's all I ever wanted to do was have fun"

Truest statement i've ever heard out of his mouth.

Posted by: Gweez | February 2, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

4thfloor

"CP used an 'in game' example. I think this 'practice' business is over blown to a great point."

I think yelling at dudes during a game is what's over-rated.

I've played sports and coached them, and, let me tell you, no one listens to some guy who yells and never practices or is pampered in some way.

But dudes notice during bad times when a leader is silent as everyone knows the obvious, and pointing it out worsens matters.

Thing is, both Campbell and Portis are flawed leaders.

They must come together for this thing to work.

The best thing would be for the both of them to lead the offense like Fletch does the defense.

'Cuz what he does defines leadership.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

It's hard to remember how good Portis was in Denver after Gibbs turned him into Ernest Byner. Hopefully he can get rid some of the bulk that he built up for Gibbs and recapture the one-cut, down hill skills he had in Denver.

Posted by: coparker5 | February 2, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

We are a 4 - 12 team and have the worst offensive line in the NFL.

We don't need a QB right now, we need a football team.

1st = LT
2nd = RT

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | February 2, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

That's what he says. I hope the Skins say AMF CP. Washed up.

Posted by: ridgely1 | February 2, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 2, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Check the stats Ryp. Ganther wasn't a better back by any measure. Only Betts had a higher avg.

Betts couldn't stay healthy. And Rock had one good game and then the league figured him out.

CP is guaranteed about 7mil. So you are paying him even if he's cut. Why not platoon him and see what you can get?

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 2, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | February 2, 2010 1:47 PM |

Hey you left out being a mouth, undermining coaches an teammates, sucking up to ownership, etc. I am surprised someone as perspicacious as you would overlook stuff as important as this.

Posted by: ElevatorAl | February 2, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

We don't need a QB right now, we need a football team.

1st = LT
2nd = RT

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | February 2, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse
That's the best I've seen it put in a while.

Posted by: iH8dallas | February 2, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

People type in caps for different reasons ! You may do it because it supplements you not reaching puberty yet!

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

You and MistaMoe are running neck and neck in the turd bird poster derby.

Posted by: ElevatorAl | February 2, 2010 1:57 PM

Why, thank you, Al!! For me, it's very flattering to have my name in the same sentence with MistaMoe. On the other hand, I think he's fuming right now after you've insulted him.

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

elevator al

"You and MistaMoe are running neck and neck in the turd bird poster derby."

It's already been established that mine are the worst posts in this room, so hand me my reward now.

I'm so sorry that I had to beat out L-Source for the reward, but hey, somebody has to win, no matter the contest.

I'm the worst poster, and you provide the best fellatio--we all have what we do best.

Only yours is a game I choose not to play.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Expects to be back?

Why?

At this point, give me Ganther. Dude does blitz pickup/chip blocking, runs hard, catches and gains after the catch. He's a tough dude and isn't a 'personality'. I'd rather be like the Colts with their cast of unknowns except Peyton than the Skins with CP and Fatboy and Butter Rogers and Scoot out the way Smoot and Leaky knees and 'Dancing with the stars after 4 yards' Randle-EL, etc.

'Cannot play with em, cannot win with em, cannot coach with em, Can't do it...I want Winners...I want people that want to win'

Posted by: kahlua87 | February 2, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

"I live in a three bedroom townhouse."

by My Taint is RedDMV

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

I left some puberty all over your mom's backside last night!! FACE!!!

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Nice crappy comments from Portis.

"It's the media's fault".

"I'm just trying to have fun and everyone else takes it the wrong way"

"There's alot of BS".

I was hoping that concussion knocked some better sense into him....guess not.

Posted by: p1funk | February 2, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

elevator al

"...sucking up to ownership, etc..."

Like I said.

Only a dude who plays that game recognizes it when he sees it.

And you've seen it twice today.

Don't work so hard, bro', you'll ruin your neck muscles.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

You're right... CP, the 7 year vet with probowls under his belt had a .8 higher YPC than the UFA rookie we signed mid season.

You take away that one super long run where CP had a blocker in front of him and one guy to beat but didn't score, their stats are pretty identical.

But watching Ganther - he made guys miss in the backfield. He cut and took off. He ran hard all the time. He didn't just get hit once and fall down. I had the feeling that he might actually break a big one, instead of Clinton's 8 yard limit per run before he runs out of gas.

If we get a dynamic explosive back and platoon him with CP, fine.

But I don't want the same out of shape, cancerous, whiny CP on my team anymore. I hope Shanny tells him to shape up or ship out.

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 2, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

"More specifically... I work in computers, creep on girls on the bus, come home to my three bedroom townhouse and fantasize about celebrities."

by My Taint is RedDMV

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

HAHA I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS!! MY OPINION MATTERS MORE THAN YOURS!!!

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2010 1:56 PM |

HAHA I'M TYPING IN ALL BOLD CAPS!! MY OPINION MATTERS MORE THAN YOURS!!!

Posted by: ElevatorAl | February 2, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

elevator al

"...someone as perspicacious as you would...

Do you even know what that word means?

I bet saying it is a mouthful.

But you're probably used to that.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kahlua87 | February 2, 2010 2:09 PM

You know what the funniest part about that is??

Singletary was talking about the guy who currently is their BEST offenseive weapon....Tied for most receiving TDs in the LEague.....So if that is what Portis is....Then I def want to bring him back!!

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 2, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

"While I'm at work, I play the blog bully on Redskin's Insider."

by My Taint is RedDMV

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Don't work so hard, bro', you'll ruin your neck muscles.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 2:13 PM |

Ooooooh! What a zinger of a comeback! A DMV wannabe!

Posted by: ElevatorAl | February 2, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

A grown man pens a "note" to another grown man and opens with this line: "Please don't ever change." Still wonder why I make fun of you Barno?

Posted by: mack1 | February 2, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

I left some puberty all over your mom's backside last night!! FACE!!!

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse
And then you woke up, to find out your mom was not in her room for you to go cry to.... It was your Dad's Boyfriend !!!!!!

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

You don't need a superstar RB in order to win the Superbowl.

In the past 10 years, has ANY Superbowl team won by relying on one star RB?

Another way to look at it:
Here's the top RBs of 2000, count the # of Superbowl wins they have:

Tomlinson
Holmes
Ricky Williams
Portis
Westbrook
Peterson
Alexander
Gore
Jackson
James
Jones-Drew

You need a star QB and a great line to win in this league. Any RB will do.

Posted by: jgarrisn | February 2, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

elevator al

"Ooooooh! What a zinger of a comeback! A DMV wannabe!"

Like our comparing me to L-Source, I ain't got no issues with the comparison like you ain't got no issue with trolling your button pressing up and down azz in this blog, mr elevator al.

And by the way, some kids at the local elementary school want their lame-azzed retort back.

I would've said, 'cumback,' but then you'd think I was trying to get you to earn some money.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | February 2, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Barno is the Chris Crocker of RI.

"LEAVE CLINTON ALONE!!!! Pleeeeaaasse...just leave him alone!!!!!"

Posted by: p1funk | February 2, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Theoretically I could exist in an alternate universe.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | February 1, 2010 7:30 PM

FYI, I killed Shrodinger's cat

Posted by: TheCork | February 1, 2010 8:09 PM |

Impressive dude. But it would work better if you knew the difference between a quantum state and a time warp.

Posted by: ElevatorAl | February 2, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

If we get a dynamic explosive back and platoon him with CP, fine.

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 2, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Right or wrong I don't think Portis wanted to play for Zorn.

I think(hope) he has more respect for Shanny and will prepare better during the week.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 2, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

9-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth To Healthy Baby Boy.

In north-east China, an unnamed Chinese girl gave birth by Caesarean section to a health baby boy. She was 9 years old. She was bought to a hospital in Changchun when she was eight and a half months pregnant, and gave birth there, a Chinese newspaper reported.

-----------

Red DMV creeps the world extensively.

Northeast China is one of his favorite haunts.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

That was stupid and you should feel bad. Try again, this time put some effort into it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

How can Portis return fully healthy if he never had surgery on those bone spurs? Sorry, I have had bone spurs removed and before I did, pretty much any running or jumping for an extended period caused me pain. How's Portis going to manage that? Does he think he is going to whip himself back into football shape without the bone spurs being a problem? Does he think Shanahan's going to let him sit out practice all week? I also find it strange that he hasn't been cleared from this concussion thing yet. For it to drag on this long, it sounds serious. I just think Portis is being unrealistic. He's got health issues. He's nowhere near ready to play. He doesn't have what I would consider a viable plan for getting back on the field. Shanahan is not going to accomodate Portis' practice phobia.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Right or wrong I don't think Portis wanted to play for Zorn.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8

That is the very reason he need to go. He isn't getting paid 7 million to think about who he wants to play for. He needs to shut the f--- up and play/practice hard or go away

Posted by: rupertpupkin | February 2, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Your so stupid you didn't even get it, Read it again, this time sloooowly!!

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Idiot!!!

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

So long as Dan Snyder owns the team, 8-8 will be considered a winning season.

Posted by: JCM-51 | February 2, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I hope CP stays in DC and we invest in a line that can block. If they trade CP & Cooley that would be big mistakes. They are the fan favorites and I think they have alot to prove this year. If Cooley could have played he would've

Posted by: bert3 | February 2, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Portis was a Gibb's player all the way. You could see it on the sidelines during games, etc. his relationship with Gibbs was a tight one. Many other players have said and felt same way. It was pretty obvious that he and most of our team did not adapt to zorn and company. I hope he and Shanny hit it off where they left off and the rest of the team finds the leadership with Shanahan that they once had with Gibbs.

Posted by: KKlein | February 2, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

While CP26 appears to have 7+ million reasons to play next season...

I suspect he'll still show up out of condition, out of shape, and prone to injury...

then refuse to participate in practice, pre-season, or mid-week preparation...

and then after a couple of mediocre performances on game day, he'll feign some sort of mysterious injury...

that can only be healed by sitting in a golf cart on the sidelines, smoking cigars and trading lies with Little Danny Snotrag...

all the while taking up a valuable roster spot and preventing someone who actually wants to play from doing so.

In short, it'll be a repeat of the 2009 season.

Get rid of this clown now!

Posted by: Vic1 | February 2, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bert3 | February 2, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Portis is untradeable at this point because of the 7+ million he is owed, his age, his declining level of production, and his injury status. As for Cooley, I like him too, but would be willing to part with him for the right price (say, in a trade with Denver for Brandon Marshall, who admittedly is a headcase, but is also an absolute stud). According to the Denver media, Marshall will be traded after next month, and Denver's pass-catching tight end, Tony Scheffler, is apparently also on the outs with the franchise. http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_14283046?source=commented- http://community.kdvr.com/_Agent-Reacts-to-Broncos-TE-Tony-Schefflers-benching/BLOG/1687965/96399.html

Posted by: rbpalmer | February 2, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

I can't blame Portis for wanting to play next year. He is due something like 100 million in 2010 according to the contract that the brilliant Cerrato negotiated

Posted by: jack_mo_99 | February 2, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Get him healthy.
Stroke him.
Make him smile.
Trade him for a team player!

Posted by: ItsOver2 | February 2, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Great, who cares! Portis is a cancer. Go "not gonna let this game pass me by" for someone else! BUH BYE!

Posted by: Toochilled | February 3, 2010 8:38 AM | Report abuse