Redskins' hiring of McCardell is official

The Redskins this afternoon made another coaching hire official: former NFL wide receiver Keenan McCardell will begin his coaching career in Washington, coaching the Redskins' receivers.

The Redskins interviewed McCardell, 40, last week at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., and after ironing out the final details, they announced his addition to the staff today.

"Keenan is an outstanding addition to our coaching staff," Coach Mike Shanahan said in a statement released by the team. "He has all the attributes that you look for in one to become an outstanding coach in the National Football League. Keenan has instant credibility with our players as someone who played in this league for 17 years, won two Super Bowls and played in multiple Pro Bowls. He will be able to pass along much of the knowledge and expertise he picked up throughout a great career."

During his 17-year playing career, McCardell had two stints with the Redskins. Washington drafted him in the 12th round of the 1991 NFL Draft. He was injured and released following the 1991 season and found most of his success elsewhere. He played in two Pro Bowls and two Super Bowls. In 2007, he returned to Washington to close out his career, signing mid-season and appearing in the final 10 games of the season.

By Rick Maese  |  February 2, 2010; 3:36 PM ET
Categories:  Mike Shanahan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: For Redskins' ex-coach, the third 'G' stands for 'gag order'
Next: Portis says he's a better fit for Shanahan's system

Comments

I like it.

Posted by: REXskins | February 2, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Looking at his comments from the last thread, it appears that Chia_Pet has taken TheTruth11's place as someone who pays way too much attention to what I have to say on this blog. I mean seriously, it's kind of creepy. Please chia, let my nuts go.... you worse than your mama with that sh*t.

I don't remember what most people posted a few days ago let alone months ago, but this Chia_S*it can tell you what I do for a living, what type of unit I dwell in, a time when I booked a chick on the Metro (I fu_ked too, chia, in case you were using that as "beat off" material)... This dude is the Glenn Close of RI...

Classic dish but can't take, a pu**y ass bama that likes to run his mouth and then when he gets called out on it cries about how I took it too personal.

Hey chia_bama, here's what you should do next time: Mind your own fu_king business, or don't mind snark post that aren't addressed to you. If you would've done this I wouldn't have talked about your moms, and besides that wasn't the first time you had some side-ways sh*t to say to me. You're like the little kid who keeps throwing sticks and rocks at the beehive, then cry like a little pu**y when he gets stung over 50 times.

So there, you got about 4 paragraphs just for your ass. Now remove the kid's nuts from your mouth and pass them to your mama, b*tch.

Posted by: RedDMV

Posted by: RedDMV | February 2, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

First to say Paskinsfan is a idiot

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm just glad there's a new thread after Red tossed a grenade in the last one.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 2, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

First to say Paskinsfan is a idiot

Posted by: jiza32 | February 2, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

... and apparently strapped to HIMSSEELFFFF!!! *Jumping into corner*

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 2, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV

Posted by: RedDMV | February 2, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

LOL! This is ridiculous. e-fight! e-fight! e-fight! e-fight!

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

McCardell... here's hoping he can get the best out of MM, DT and MK. And that he won't be spending any time with ARE. Ever.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | February 2, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | February 2, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse
------------------------------------

I'd just make El play without a facemask. He'd either develop the best hands on the team or be the first person in NFL history to go on IR due to a lip condition.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 2, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Hiring a first time coach in your first year with a new team is ballsy. I think McCardell will really help the pups. I just hope they get him more pups to develop into big dogs. Let me stir it up again by saying ARE and Moss should be traded...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Don't make much difference what sort of wide receivers you have so long as JC17 is taking the snaps. The dude is a complete failure -- and his inability and failure to execute is contagious. He should have "LOSER" stitched on the back of his jersey.

Posted by: Vic1 | February 2, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | February 2, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

So I guess this RI post about a WR coach is going to be spun into how much you think our starting QB sucks. You got any better choices? Mind you, this isn't Madden where you can just create a QB and insert him into your team. Please! Tell me who you think would do a better job at this moment. FA's, draft prospects, anything. Tell me.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Let me stir it up again by saying ARE and Moss should be traded...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | February 2, 2010 4:06 PM |

##################################################

I'd rather weigh in on Chia_Pet vs. RedDMV. One of 'em is gonna get a good butt-kicking, and I don't think it's the one in the DMV. But, that's why they play the games, isn't it?

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | February 2, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

I like JC17, although he waited too long to blast Portis in the media. It's the O-line that should have "LOSERS" stitched on their jerseys

Posted by: iH8dallas | February 2, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Let me stir it up again by saying ARE and Moss should be traded...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | February 2, 2010 4:06 PM |

##################################################

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Agreed. You can't even say we're beating a dead horse because the horse has decayed into nothing and become fertilizer for the grass where it once lied.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

I've said it before...

and I'm no shrink, but my guess for RedDMV's peculiar brand of perverted internet megalomania is that he's overcompensating for some profound deficiency in his everyday walkabout life.

In no way, am I advocating that he becomes a pet owner, but most twisted sociopaths like him get a dog or a cat to kick around, or a wife or kid to abuse.

Next.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

lied? laid? lay?

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | February 2, 2010 4:06 PM
-----------------------------------------
I'm at a new level of acceptance of Campbell. I think the team needs to focus on o-line in the draft and I think that means they need to hang onto Campbell for at least another year. Getting a wall of an offensive line established is worth the pain of another year of Campbell, and hey, maybe Shanahan can un-Zorn-ify him into being a better quarterback.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

I said it once, and I'll say it again: cutting this guy was one of the relatively few personnel blunders that the 'Skins made during Gibbs Part I. If he's as good a coach as he was a player, we'll be in good shape.

Posted by: rbpalmer | February 2, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

oh and BTW. League Source, his juvenile internet threats have no effect on me...

whatsoever.

that stuff is waaaaaaaaay beyond trifling.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

If we're going down memory lane, no viable reason not to discuss the following:

1. Why WHY wasn't Pierce resigned??

2. How badly did Snyder SCREW over Lavar with that contract??

discuss.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | February 2, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

lay sounds right to me.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

I mean seriously, it's kind of creepy.

Posted by: RedDMV | February 2, 2010 3:43 PM

----------

You are a creep sir.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

whatsoever.

that stuff is waaaaaaaaay beyond trifling.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse
-----------------------------

.. said the guy who just posted two responses to one inflammatory post

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 2, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Can anyone think of a topic that can't/won't devolve into "JC sucks" vs. "It was the o-line's fault" in six vaguely familiar posts?

Posted by: MColeman51 | February 2, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

whatsoever.

that stuff is waaaaaaaaay beyond trifling.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 4:21 PM

1. If they didn't have an effect, you wouldn't respond and you wouldn't taunt him. You'd just ignore him. He's got power over you. (I don't think he has power over your mom like he claims, though, because he said that once about my mom and she's 40 years dead.)

2. Doesn't matter, anyway. The rest of us find it a welcome diversion from "JC sucks" and "Trade Moss and ARE." That's how desperate we are in our off-season mode.

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Ummm...maybe, should the Wizards trade Butler for McGrady...?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | February 2, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

lay sounds right to me.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 2, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I believe lay would be the correct word to use. I'll reiterate what I posted before. THE JASON CAMPBELL HATING IS WAY PAST BEATING A DEAD HORSE BECAUSE THE HORSE HAS DECAYED INTO NOTHING AND HAS FERTILIZED THE GRASS WHERE IT ONCE LAY. Face.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

anyone hear that vick speculation heating on espn--like i said he's a redskin.

Posted by: mohawk44 | February 2, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Ummm...maybe, should the Wizards trade Butler for McGrady...?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | February 2, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse
------------------------------

McGrady can't do jack with that roster that makes the Skins O-line look like Pro-Bowlers. Whoops...

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 2, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Man our QB sucks.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

So sorry...

League source, I'm not a turn the other cheek kind of a guy. In fact, I take pride in standing up to wanna be internet thugs and any other jag off that crosses my path.

Maybe you are, my fellow blogger, and in the famous words of cL...

whateves

and to each his own...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Man our QB sucks.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------

It was the Olines fault

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 2, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV

Yeah, I can see how that can be interpreted in many many ways. Gay-bashing. Mama-bashing. Creep bashing. That's three to start.

What I enjoy the most about your posts is playing "Guess the missing letter."

Posted by: TheCork | February 2, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

and next...

and so on and so forth...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | February 2, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Man our QB sucks.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------

It was the Olines fault

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 2, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Let's drop Portis and Moss. They're slow and old.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | February 2, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LEAGUE-SOURCE

I'm sorry about Your Mom. But come on. There's more call and response on this board that a Gospel hoe-down. And no, Red, I didn't misspell Ho' down. That guys humor cracks me up. I haven't heard dozens like his since Bo Diddly did "Say Man"

"Your girlfriend's so ugly she has to hide under the sheets so sleep can slip up on her".

Posted by: TheCork | February 2, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | February 2, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse
_______
Calm down, man. JC is at least better than half of the starters out there, even if he's not the second coming of John Elway. It could be much, much worse than JC. The Redskins have bigger problems than the QB.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | February 2, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Fresh off the wires: AP in LA reports that Michael Jackson's doctor is going to be charged with manslaughter.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | February 2, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gatorskinz2000

Shouldnt he be charged with technicallyamanslaughter

Posted by: CheyenneWY | February 2, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

anyone hear that vick speculation heating on espn--like i said he's a redskin.

Posted by: mohawk44 | February 2, 2010 4:31 PM

Think back, just a few years ago, when Vick's availability would be one of the biggest stories in the NFL and speculation that he may be a Redskin would dominate our conversation. Now? Nobody seems to care much or even want Vick. When mohawk reminds us every day about the ESPN2 Vick/Skins speculation reaching a fever pitch...nobody even responds.

For a guy that wasn't right all that often...Jerry Glanville was certainly correct when he said NFL stands for "Not for Long".

Posted by: MColeman51 | February 2, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

wapo--for the love of god please take that pic of zorn off the site

Posted by: mohawk44 | February 2, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Under old management I might believe the Vick rumor, but ESPN has to realize that Vinny is no longer running the show. Allen/Shanny aren't getting Vick believe me.

Posted by: Flounder21 | February 2, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

espn says buffalo

Posted by: mohawk44 | February 2, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

espn says buffalo

Posted by: mohawk44 | February 2, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

espn says buffalo

Posted by: mohawk44 | February 2, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

sorry about the triple play

Posted by: mohawk44 | February 2, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Red v. Chia has been entertaining if not incredibly explicit.

But I'm getting bored with that one.

Why don't we play another game?

Hey Cork, Obama is a communist and George W. Bush is the man...

Posted by: p1funk | February 2, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Under old management I might believe the Vick rumor.

Posted by: Flounder21 | February 2, 2010 5:03 PM

Old management had a chance last year and didn't even give the dog a sniff. Another 20-20 hindsight mistake.

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I don't blame the oline. I blame Vinny for assembling it. Did any of them play below expectations?

Was Heyer bad for an undrafted free agent?
Was BMW bad for a guy that's been out of football for 2 years?
Was Levi Jones bad for a guy that was unemployed for a year and a half?

I think those guys played to the best of their abilities. They weren't dogging it. They just weren't good enough. That's not their fault. If they were a bunch of high draft picks in the prime of their careers and played that bad then yeah I'd blame them but that's not what happened. Vinny polished a turd and told us it was gold. Why get mad at the turd?

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

I too am tired with the Red vs. Chia Battles....

We need a new unsuspecting Hamster to start posting up here and accidentally **step** on Red's new Jordans....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 2, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

I don't blame the oline. I blame Vinny for assembling it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2010 5:21 PM

Why stop there? I blame Vinny's mom for becoming pregnant by Vinny's dad. Vinny's mom should make a super bowl ad about how she wished she'd had an abortion. And, stepping back, I blame the grandparents for giving us the parents. Etc.

No one is ever really responsible for anything. It's always someone else who's at fault.

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

I don't blame the oline. I blame Vinny for assembling it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2010 5:21 PM

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 5:27 PM

Well, there has to be limits. I blame the oline to the extent that they could only play to their limitations. They were oft injured and lacking in talent. The fact that they lacked talent and were OUR oline is Vinny's fault.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 2, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Best Super Bowl media questions?

To Doug Williams,

"How long you been a black quarterback?"

To Tom Brady,

"Is Greg driving Marsha to the game?"

To Marcus Allen,

"Did OJ Simpson like the knives you sent?"

To Eli Manning,

"You sure you're not Adam Sandler?"

To Drew Brees,

"Is that a caterpillar feeding on your cheek?"

To Mike Irvin,

"Why are you full of sh!t?"

Wait a minute, that's not so bad a question.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 6:00 PM | Report abuse

To Mike Irvin,

"Why are you full of sh!t?"

Wait a minute, that's not so bad a question.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 6:00 PM

I think a better one would be "Where can I get a fifty slab?"

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 2, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

They were oft injured and lacking in talent.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 2, 2010 5:45 PM |

Really. In fact, they were so lacking in talent that one of their castoffs, the strip club parking lot stick up artist known as Jeremy Bridges ended up starting at LT for the Cards in the div playoffs. Did a credible job too; Warner only got sacked once.

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

.. said the guy who just posted two responses to one inflammatory post

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 2, 2010 4:26 PM |

Hey that's nothing compared to what our boy MistaMoe did. Posted four responses to one inflammatory post by ElevatorAl.

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse

I think a better one would be "Where can I get a fifty slab?"

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 2, 2010 6:07 PM |

No. You jest my man. Irv is the last person in the world who would ever get involved with drugs and such.

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Toyota must be in deep doo-doo if they put a screen click open letter to their customeres on a blog like this. See top of thread.

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010 6:32 PM |

Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. It's one of those rotator adds.

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

They were oft injured and lacking in talent.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 2, 2010 5:45 PM |

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010 6:22 PM |

A fact not lost on me and one that Vinny should be eternally lambasted for.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 2, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010

Yeah and we would have a Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Big Top Circus with a true star clown, instead of a local yokels variety featuring DMSnidely. Worst record, more drama, lots more drama ... 4-12 was bad enough ... and BTW, WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!

Posted by: periculum | February 2, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: periculum | February 2, 2010 6:39 PM |

Hey Dog Man, if the season is going to your guys, which it was, don't complain about 4-12. We're drafting in the 4 slot, which is a much-needed gift from the Draft Gods who took out Oak, KC and Cleve.

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

I can take Jason Campbell being back...

I can take Clinton Portis being back...

I can take Mike Williams at Guard...

I can take Levi Jones at Tackle...

BUT...

If Antwan Randle-El is still on this team come training camp, I'll friggin' scream!

Posted by: rickyroge | February 2, 2010 8:37 PM | Report abuse

"...Posted four responses to one inflammatory post by Elevator Al."

I believe in killing gnats with a sledgehammer.

I blew up my house to kill a single roach one time.

I also practice the philosophy of "carpet insult bombing posting" knowing that it'll chase away some moron/troll who's just trying to gain swag by going after vets and blog hogs like me.

Besides, the guy deserved it as from what I saw, he didn't provide anything but middle school level insults to the chatta.

Check this out (his words): ""Ooooooh! What a zinger of a comeback! A DMV wannabe!"

Come on, I got kittens meaner than the tone in that line.

And the only thing I want to be is the wrong jigga to f!ck with, pal.

And how do you hate on folks posting without laying out your own stuff to defend?

Dudes like masterbator al who post literary criticism are like rappers whose verses are just curses about somebody else's flow.

Develop your own style and voice before you atempt to tear someone else down, I say.

Otherwise, if you come my way, you're gonna get bombed like Bhagdad.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Can I come to one of you guys' house to watch the game?

I've got a bottle of Grey Goose and a bucket o' wings.

Posted by: rickyroge | February 2, 2010 8:43 PM | Report abuse

"An Open Letter To Toyota Customers"

Our crack team on crack has distilled the essence of the letter down to three simple words:

"Buy A Ford"

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Since when is 2 pro bowls "multiple?" He will not be a good coach, more of a creep?

Posted by: iubiquity | February 2, 2010 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Mistamoe?

Bombed like Baghdad? Sheesh another Pearl Harbor wannabe?

The gods of alt.flame are shaking their heads ruefully .. ruefully.

Posted by: periculum | February 2, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

"I've got a bottle of Grey Goose and a bucket o' wings."

I make my own wings, including the sauce.

And after the ATF raid, making the vodka has been hard as they took the still in as evidence.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 9:22 PM | Report abuse

You guys have gone crazy, or what?
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | February 2, 2010 9:22 PM | Report abuse

"..ruefully .. ruefully.."

I don't even know what 'ruefully' means.

But if it's a kind word, I thank you.

And if it's an insult, well, I thank you again.

There's something nice about being praised and insulted by a smart man that makes me feel special.

It's kinda like having a glance from god.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

There's a monster of losing from Dallas, its landed along with the snow in DC.
Created by the the Cowgirls to destroy all Redskins fans dreams.
The FBI is helpless, its 20 stories high!

Who does Danny call? Who does Danny call?

Call Shanny the eighth man-a-ger, Shanny the eighth man-a-ger.
Faster than a rocket, quicker than a jet, he's a mighty HC, he's the one to get!

Posted by: periculum | February 2, 2010 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | February 2, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PsyOps | February 2, 2010

Seems I recall Norv and company drafting congress critter Schuler in that slot. Hopefully, they will not make the mistake of drafting yet another quarterback ... again ...

Posted by: periculum | February 2, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Best Super Bowl media questions?

To Doug Williams,

"How long you been a black quarterback?"

To Tom Brady,

"Is Greg driving Marsha to the game?"

To Marcus Allen,

"Did OJ Simpson like the knives you sent?"

To Eli Manning,

"You sure you're not Adam Sandler?"

To Drew Brees,

"Is that a caterpillar feeding on your cheek?"

To Mike Irvin,

"Why are you full of sh!t?"

Wait a minute, that's not so bad a question.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 2, 2010 6:00 PM
-----------------------------------------
To Jason Campbell, sitting in the stands: "Were you actually trying to throw that end of season hail mary out of bounds or is your accuracy on the deep ball really that pathetic?"

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 11:20 PM | Report abuse

"Buy A Ford"
Posted by: MistaMoe

They make a 'Prius'. Its called a Fusion/Milan(Mercury). Its bigger and better looking. Has the Atkinson cycle engine with up to 200 horse power, regenerative brakes, battery etc. They didn't get any handouts from you via Uncle Sam.

Posted by: periculum | February 2, 2010 11:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | February 2, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 2, 2010 11:20 PM
====================================
avoiding that INT on the hail mary throw into the 40 yard line stands.. was pure free agent genius.. Saved 2 points on his QB Rating.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | February 2, 2010 11:34 PM | Report abuse

+++

Pretty sure there is no current car uglier than a Prius

Posted by: edvar | February 2, 2010 11:38 PM | Report abuse

Pretty sure there is no current car uglier than a Prius

Posted by: edvar | February 2, 2010 11:38 PM |
=====================================
manhood check..
I believe driving a Prius requires a Uterus.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | February 2, 2010 11:42 PM | Report abuse

Redskins' hiring of McCardell is official

================================
After watching the 2009 4-12 redskins, Kyle and Mike Shanahan are probably thinking.. HCrap.. we just a hired a 40 year old WR coach who could probably beat out the guys he is coaching.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | February 2, 2010 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Question to the Sages of the board - When is the right time to take a QB this year, and who is it.

I'm thinking 5th round and John Skelton, going the developmental route.

Posted by: edvar | February 2, 2010 11:54 PM | Report abuse

manhood check..
I believe driving a Prius requires a Uterus.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | February 2, 2010 11:42 PM

+++

Roger that.

Posted by: edvar | February 2, 2010 11:56 PM | Report abuse

REDSKINS trade HAYNESWORTH and PORTIS for an extra first, a third, and a sixth. We trade down to eight with OAKLAND for an extra second. With our regular picks and these new ones, we begin to rebuild the offense, and we get a great FS - NICK COLLINS from BUFFALO with a pick. In FA, we get CARLOS DANSBY, ANGELO CROWELL, or KEITH BULLOCK for SSLB. We make a run at DUNDA ROBINSON with one extra pick. We sign CAMPBELL for two, and lose ARE.

Posted by: glawrence007 | February 3, 2010 12:19 AM | Report abuse

Reminds me of the South Park episode. They all decided to get ridof SUVs and buy Pius's (Prius's). Caused SMUG almost ended the world. Loved it, fart smelling SF smugs.

Posted by: msrent | February 3, 2010 12:33 AM | Report abuse

WHY are so many commenters on the 'Skins so vulgar and confrontational?

Posted by: Towards_Light | February 3, 2010 12:34 AM | Report abuse

WHY are so many commenters on the 'Skins so vulgar and confrontational?

Posted by: Towards_Light | February 3, 2010 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Abused children

Posted by: glawrence007 | February 3, 2010 12:37 AM | Report abuse

Confrontational? It's just conversation.

Posted by: msrent | February 3, 2010 12:52 AM | Report abuse

WHY are so many commenters on the 'Skins so vulgar and confrontational?

Posted by: Towards_Light | February 3, 2010 12:34 AM

It's a family thing....You looking from the outdside would assume dysfunction.....But after years of bickering it's all love at the end....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 3, 2010 3:21 AM | Report abuse

REDSKINS trade HAYNESWORTH and PORTIS for an extra first, a third, and a sixth.
Posted by: glawrence007

Enough. And I really hope you are kidding and are posting this repeatedly just to start an argument, and don't actually think we'd get a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for Haynesworth and Portis.

There is not a soul on this planet, particularly an NFL GM, who would give up high draft picks for either of these guys, especially when they'd have to pay their ridiculous contracts. You do know that they have to pick up their contract, right? This isn't Madden.

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 3, 2010 5:09 AM | Report abuse

WHY are so many commenters on the 'Skins so vulgar and confrontational?

Posted by: Towards_Light | February 3, 2010 12:34 AM

I don't see it myself. Sure, there's a small handful of people who post a lot so it looks like most of us are that way. But if you just ignore the posts of guys like Re_DMV, C_rk, scam_bell1975, chR_sLarry, brow_wood, and dcsw_en, then you'll find the rest of us up here are cheerful, open, and generous.

Of course, if you don't read their stuff, then what's left? A lot of tepid pabulum.

Posted by: League-Source | February 3, 2010 7:10 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: League-Source | February 3, 2010 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Quoted...

"Boring. Haven't we done this about 40 times in the last two weeks? How many meals do you think you can get off the Thanksgiving turkey before there's nothing left to eat?

Posted by: League-Source | February 2, 2010 4:13 PM"

Well, let's see there's the initial serving At Thanksgiving [when Campbell replaced Brunell],

Then there's second seating...you know during the late game...either cold, or warned in oven or microwaved [when Gibbs brough in Saunders],

After that we have post-game sammiches (I prefer open faced w/ gravy...or closed faced with turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce...try it it's DEEEEE-LICIOUS)...[which would be Gibbs neutering Saunders' playbook and going back to run 1st offense to give Campbell time to learn],

The next day you get some fried mashed potato cakes and chipped turkey & gravy over toast or rolls [Campbell getting Zorn yr 1],

Then some "Turkey Bowls" for lunch day 2 (you just chop everything else you've got left over up into a bowl, dump gravy over it, heat, and eat [or Campbell under Zorn yr 2],

Then, of course, there's always TURKEY SOUP [isn't even the IRONY delicious? Campbell...soup, campbell is a turky at QB...lol the tragi-comedy writes itself...] from the carcass.

Posted by: ThinkingMan | February 3, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I think this will be a good move (McCardell not Chia vs. DMV) for the team.

A veteran WR who was not a selfish guy during his career. A Henry Ellard type. Teaching the fundamentals of crisp route running, route options based on coverage, when to put your hands up, and hand placement.

I don't know who our WR coach was before, but those bamas sure did drop a lot of passes and fumbled quit a bit too.

Posted by: ProfessorWrightBSU | February 3, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse