Shanahan pleased with first phase of his offseason program

Coach Mike Shanahan is pleased the Redskins had 100 percent attendance Monday for the start of the offseason conditioning program, and he said it's flattering many veterans said they appeared, in part, out of respect for him.

Of course, the Redskins haven't asked much of players, Shanahan said. "It's a nice compliment, but the bottom line, when you take a look at it, we're asking guys to come in here two hours a day, four days a week, that's eight hours," he said Wednesday. "There's 168 hours in a week. So eight hours a week, to me, is a very small price to pay to work with your teammates and be the best you can be. I like what we've got thus far. We've got guys working extremely hard.

"It's a long offseason and part of it's getting better as a football team. There's only one way you're going to get better - throwing and catching and getting stronger - and that's by working out and working out together. Hopefully, we can keep it going. This is just one phase of our offseason program. I'm looking forward to getting all these guys a little bit better and watching them work."

By Jason Reid  |  March 18, 2010; 9:00 AM ET
Categories:  Mike Shanahan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tim Tebow and the Redskins: What's your take now?
Next: London Fletcher endorses Redskins' pursuit of Joey Porter

Comments

Here's hoping the FIRST phase gets us off to a good start to 2010!

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I would like for us to draft Okung at #4, but I think it will be Clauson and Campbell will be traded for a later 1st round and an OT will be chosen with that pick.

Posted by: arizonaborn | March 18, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

In what alternate universe would Campbell get you a 1st rounder? If he could, I'd have made that deal yesterday. And I've been a Campbell supporter!

Posted by: rbpalmer | March 18, 2010 9:15 AM | Report abuse

sorry to bring this over from the other post, but:

"Sorry, should have said "some" would be attacking it. Seems like I always underestimate the tolerance of Bean and Funk. I wonder why"

so mack makes a intolerant statement in the previous thread, gets called on it, and then accuses me and funk of being intolerant........again, you can't make this stuff up...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 18, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

FIRST to say
Redskins should be better than 4-12 this coming season no matter what,all players showing up on the fisrt day is a positive sign,esp. guys like LL,dude really looks like a linebacker with all that muscle he is packing,hope he plays his natural position and draft a true FS.

Posted by: BEE5N2002 | March 18, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Sorry your grandfathers left a bad taste in your mouth re: Christianity. But I'm not sure that's really license to stereotype.

What exactly is the appropriate "time" and "place" for a Christian to be a Christian?

Is it only appropriate in the privacy of their own home with curtains drawn?

Does the Christian need to "shut it down" when he's out in public in order to appease those around him?

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 8:41 AM

First of all, my grandfathers didn't "leave a bad taste re: Christianity". Just the opposite. They are about as good a reflection of what a Christian is supposed to be as I've ever seen. If I have a "bad taste", it's from some of their contemporaries that have shown me what true hypocrisy is.

Regardless, I don't think speaking in generalities is necessarily stereotyping. I don't think I spoke in any absolutes, all I'm saying is that Tebow fits the mold for actions I've seen in the past and he raises red flags for me.

I'll further explain the "time and place" remark: let's go back to the Cardinals NFC title game victory from a couple years ago. Kurt Warner is up on stage and rattles off a bunch of "Jesus is my Lord and Savior" stuff and goes on for a good while. Not the time and place. Thanking God first and foremost is absolutely appropriate. Going into full preach mode is not.

Tebow using "blessing" 837 times in a brief NFL Network appearance at the combine isn't appropriate for the moment. Nobody would dare take away the guy's right to speak on his religious beliefs...just don't be surprised if you rub people the wrong way if you do it in a football setting.

Flip it for a minute: how well received would it be for a minister to get up in front of his congregation and start talking football? As much as we all love talking Skins and NFL football up here, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't start the JC debate at a job interview or grab the mic at our kid's christening to weigh in on the Rex Grossman signing.

Making the occasional reference is more than appropriate. Like I said before, Darrell Green and Joe Gibbs never went to the extremes that Tebow and Warner have been known to but everybody knows those guys are Christians. There's a balance there and Tebow hasn't found it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

And if you average out the salaries, the pay is about $800,000 per annum.

That's some nice coin for two hours of work a day.

Of course, there's that lack of job security thingy you have to deal with.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpalmer | March 18, 2010 9:15 AM

I think he meant EARL Campbell. That's the only way that makes any sense.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Your comments have all been geared toward trying to paint Tebow like he's some big hypocritical phony. It's not like you actually know the guy.

I just don't understand why it is that you seem bent on slandering the guy's reputation.

I think he talks about being "blessed" a billion times in an interview because that's how he actually feels. And when he's talking to a reporter, the idea is for him to give his own honest answers, not to craft some canned response that will be palatable for the general public.

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

LOVE the comments from Shanny!

LOVE IT!

He's basically like "Don't expect me to pat these guys on the back for showing up. They need to work their tails off and this is nothing."

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Beaner, Did you think we were going to grab a midget QB from Chi-towne? Neither did I.

So if that can happen, what other craziness can? I wasn't advocating, I was ..um.. free associating. Since they suggested TT's stock had risen to 2nd round already... mebbe it's even further now?

Hey, it's early and there's no coffee.

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Seeing Gibbs and Shanny together speaking, rarely see shanny take a submissive posture. But 3 superbowls trumps his 2. As if shanny needed anymore motivation. Here's to another Gibbs type of dynasty that the Shanny-Allen era will bring us. I truly believe it. it's not business as usual.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 18, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

I don't think the NFL Network is doing TT any favors the way they hype him.

Posted by: skinfanman | March 18, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Man, you can really tell it’s a “religious thing” with this guy. Really brings out some first time crazies, I mean first time posters. It shouldn’t be about that at all though. The question should be can he play, or not? Sounds like he’s working on his motion, and could be moving up some boards…..I’m with the people who say take him if he’s there when it comes to our 4th round pick. Who cares if he talks about his religion? And did someone actually say it could be a locker room issue? Didn’t seem to be an issue when he led his team to national championships. I think Reggie White just rolled over in his grave.
So help me if he points to God after he scores his first NFL touchdown……or even worse, I better not see any of those little post game prayer huddles where guys from both teams get together and pray. I will go root for one of those teams that don’t have any evidence of any sort of faith. HARUMPH!!!!

And Brownwood, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a rat? I’ll bet he hates John Mccain…….

Posted by: dlhaze1 | March 18, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

"...I think he (Tim Tebow) talks about being "blessed" a billion times in an interview because that's how he actually feels."

A Heisman Trophy, two national titles, MVP awards in various contests all in 4 years at one of the nation's hottest universitities, the University of Florida?

Yeah, I'd say dude has a right to say he's blessed as there aren't too many kids who can say this.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpalmer | March 18, 2010 9:15 AM
==============================
The only alternate universe Campbell would command a 1st round pick trade is if someone's starting QB goes down to injury during the mini-camps before the Draft.

JC has had 5 years to show he can read a Defense and release the ball at true NFL game speed, and he hasn't done it.
And, Shanahan is too smart to be fooled by JC's above average performances at preseason game speed.
If JC is not traded.. Grossman Starts.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Watch Claussen turn out to be the next Theismann...But remember, the next time your maoin' on klingon sushi and a bowl of Romulan swill while watching the Redskins , Zimmern, intergalactic krau always tastes better with...BUDWIESER!!

Posted by: frak | March 18, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

ds, rex spent last year in this offense, they think enough of him to help JC, which is why they probably brought him in...drafting Tebow at #4, is just this side of approaching frak territory....fyi...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 18, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Re-Post, so...

Is he perfect? Of course not, but he's definitely not the phony that you seem determined to paint him to be.

Posted by: p1funk

Ain't no man perfect.

But how do you know that he's not frontin'?

I can name several people through personal experiences that were exposed for being a fraudulent "christian".

For those who like to swallow up what Tebow puts out there, how about this:

"Most people are open books. They say what they feel, blurt out their opinions at every opportunity, and constantly reveal their plans and intentions. They do this for several reasons.

First, it is easy and natural to always want to talk about one's feelings and plans for the future. It takes effort to control your tongue and monitor what you reveal. Second, many believe that by being honest and open they are winning people's hearts and showing their good nature. They are greatly deluded. Honesty is like a blunt instrument, which bloodies more than it cuts. Your honesty is likely to offend people; it is much more prudent to tailor your words, telling people what they want to to hear rather than the coarse and ugly truth of what you feel or think. More important, by being unabashedly open you make yourself so predictable and familiar that it is almost impossible to respect or fear you, and power will not accrue to a person who cannot inspire such emotions.

Our first instinct is to always trust appearances. We cannot go around doubting the reality of what we see and hear -- constantly imagining that appearances concealed something else would exhaust and terrify us. This makes it relatively easy to conceal one's intentions. Simply dangle an object you seem to desire, a goal you aim for in front people's eyes and they will take the appearance for reality. Once their eyes focus on the decoy, they will fail to notice what you are really up to." - Robert Greene, "The 48 Laws of Power"

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I just like the fact that JC is being called out by hiring Grossman. That's classic!

Can you imagine if Zoron had pulled that SJK?!? AWESMOE!

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

WE ARE AT 35 PARTICIPANTS...LETS DO ATLEAST 40

***BRACKET TIIIIIME***

Group Name: RI Hamster Nation

Group Type: Private

Group Creator: 4thFloor

Group Motto: "We don't let facts get in the way....."

Group Password (Password): ita

Locking Rules: Locked - Entries may leave/join group only before the season begins

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Re: Tebow to DC....

No NEws....Shanny use to be the OC @ Florida back in the day......Just a favor!

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

There's a balance there and Tebow hasn't found it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:18 AM

Brownwood,

This nation was founded on many principles, one of which is religious tolerance. If anyone is unbalanced, it's you not Tebow.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I don't know he's not "frontin'", but I think it's unfair to assume that he is without any actual evidence or indications.

It's got nothing to do with his religious beliefs, I simply think that's how any fair and reasonable person should treat others.

Not sure what that Greene quote was about...but I could throw out some Machiavelli to you if we want to talk power-politics and strategy...

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Dik and Curzon - Y'all still haven't put your picks together.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Well THAT explains alot, RedD... lol.

I think background is to be taken into account w/ Tebow. If you study the area where he's from, his behavior is quite a bit more 'normal'.

I'm not going to put any human on a pedestal or hold his feet too close to a flame for being one (a human; faulty).

And for those of you throwing stones, I bet you have some pretty stunning vistas at your place... hehe.

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

sorry to bring this over from the other post, but:

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 18, 2010 9:16 AM

You can make it up Greg. You do and you did.

Posted by: mack1 | March 18, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 9:21 AM

Slander? Because I express some level of doubt in his schtick? Because I don't slurp him and buy his act wholesale?

I mentioned a rumor that's far from breaking news and I spoke on my doubts of how genuine he is based on generalities I've come to know from past experiences. Please show me where any of my comments count as "slander".

I'm skeptical of the guy. You're not. I'm not sure why this is such a big deal to you.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Why couldn't you get a 1st rounder for JC? All you have to do is look at his stats for validation..

Posted by: ga8085 | March 18, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Red

Whereas you seem to have a very fine argument regarding Tebow's words, please even out your claims against his proselytizing nature by shining critical light on Larry Johnson's actions.

You see, presently, Larry Johnson, and not Tim Tebow, is on the redskin roster.

And between an obvious religious nut and a homophobe with a criminal record for a variety of misdeeds, there is indeed a grand canyon of a difference.

Tebow might not even get drafted or become a redskin.

But Larry Johnson has been and is: let's worry about that.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

really mack?

If Tebow was a devout Muslim, and mentioned it every time a TV camera pointed his way, the same guys who are defending his faith would be attacking it.

Posted by: mack1 | March 18, 2010 8:54 AM

So point out again for me, where funk and I were intolerant, cuz I missed it???

thought so...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 18, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

And to that, brownie, I say "AMEN!"

Posted by: frediefritz | March 18, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

So I don't think there are many folks that fault him for being a Christian and being proud of it...he's getting heat because he can't seem to figure out the appropriate time and place for conveying that.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 7:50 AM | Report abuse

That may be true, brownie. But I think grich should also realize that many people are opposed to TT, because even tho he was an elite college QB, his skills probably will not work at the professional level. What is intriguing about him is his leadership and desire. And those qualities are what you can't teach. And he might be successful, in spite of his lack of throwing skills.

I'd be OK taking him with a 3rd round pick if we traded for one, or even a second round pick if we got an extra one through a trade. But I don't see value for him at #37.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 18, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

4th,

doin' it now. When's cutoff?

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

"These Gators are cheap and available."
------------
Sounds like my prom date (except for the part about being a Gator).

Posted by: closer44 | March 18, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I don't know......maybe 11am...Don't games start today??

Here's a tip:

Morgan State will win the whole thing...Pick em!

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Tebow's public display of religion is no different to me than if a football player were to dress up in a star trek uniform during a game. I love star trek but even I would not do that.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

"What is intriguing about him is his leadership and desire. And those qualities are what you can't teach. And he might be successful, in spite of his lack of throwing skills."

His throwing skills?

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

But I don't see value for him at #37.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 18, 2010 9:47 AM

I would be fine if Mike Shanahan sees value for him at #37. I would also be fine if Tebow were available in the 4th round and Shanahan passed on him. I would trust Shanahan's judgment.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

You go Shannie!!!
Whup these Zorn coddled bums back into shape!!

Posted by: GoonieGooGoo | March 18, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Fredie, the only way I'm OK with drafting Tebow is if it's the 4th round and LeFevour is off the board. At that point, he's a low cost/high reward gamble. Any earlier than that is reaching for this team.

I think Shanny could develop him into a solid QB if he truly has it in him to be a good QB. But the only way I see Tebow doing well is if he goes to a great organization with a great HC and/or a coach that specializes in developing QBs, and a great supporting cast on offense.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I am with L_S. I am gonna give Mike and Bruce 2 off seasons to build the team they want, I don't care who we draft so long as its part of a plan.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Surely we all trust in what this new regime is doing both short and long term. But it's always fun to play GM and see who's predictions come close and who's are absurd.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 18, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

L_Source

"I would also be fine if Tebow were available in the 4th round and Shanahan passed on him."

Last word on Tebow: Yeah, if he's there in the 4th round, he should be our guy.

He's bigger and stronger than Pike and LeFeveour will be long gone, so Tebow as a clipboard holder makes sense.

And if we don't take him, well, that's cool, too.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I agree with you about LeFevour. I also like Jarrett Brown WVU in the 5th rd.

My comment about the 3rd or even 2nd(but not #37) is basically agreeing with alex, that if Shanny like him that much, I would go along with anything after #37.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 18, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085 | March 18, 2010 9:42 AM
==============================
good stats, except when the game is on the line.

Preseason should be fun..
QB Smackdown..Rex, JC, Clausen, and Colt?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

"All y'all n*gg*z iz swahilis!!" -2Pac
"All aspirins alike" -Bayer ad
"All we are sayin', Chapman, is take the damn little green man with a hammer outta my head before I go KRAZYY!!!"

Posted by: frak | March 18, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Lovin' it....GO MIKEY GO.

Posted by: kone | March 18, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Ok, I'm in. Thanks 4th your patience!

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

The job is football, not salvation. There's a time and place for everything.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

If JC is not traded.. Grossman Starts.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 9:29 AM

Agreed.

Posted by: Realness1 | March 18, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

On Tebow: I have the sense he's destined to be something of a lightning rod. Whatever team drafts him will probably regret it from time to time. Too bad he's not a more talented QB --

This whole issue of character and leadership is something of a puzzle. How's a guy going to lead if he can't get on the field? I suppose he could set a good example, lead the prayer circle, something along those lines. But the pros aren't just older college kids. The rah-rah stuff isn't as important to them (although fans sometimes wish it was).

I often hear leadership used as a synomym for vocal confrontation. That'd be the Ray Lewis style. Works best when you're among the very best players on the team. Not so well if you don't have the playing cred to go with it.

Good luck to Tebow in his future career on the field and (probably) in the pulpit.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 18, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

His throwing skills?

Posted by: MistaMoe
-------------

I imagine among the things totally different were that he was in gym shorts and didn't have 300-pound dudes chasing after him. Probably no 4.4 DBs covering his receivers, either.

Holmgren? Didn't he just grossly overpay for a washed up Delhomme?

Posted by: closer44 | March 18, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

"This nation was founded on many principles, one of which is religious tolerance."Posted by: League-Source"

That includes being tolerant of people who don't particularly want to listen to your views on religion.

Maybe the real majority in America.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 18, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

yes but it was also founded on the ideas of limited federal power, a free market, slavery, a well educated populace to ensure a quality democracy and 5 cent wing wednesdays... we have gotten rid of all those, may as well get rid of the tolerance BS too.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I really like Shanahan's talk on offseason conditioning. It's a refreshing change from "staying medium". The battle on the field is won in the weight room, training room and practice field. 100% participation is great, too. It shows Shanahan has the team's attention.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 18, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

After these past two articles, can anyone here see how TEBOW as a REDSKIN could become a divisive issue in the locker-room?

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

The job is football, not salvation. There's a time and place for everything.

Posted by: glawrence007
-----------
I'd be happy to let Tebow do his damnedest at trying to save my soul any day of the week if he could bring a Lombardi to DC. I just don't think he's that guy. I've said it before, we have plenty of tight ends, already.

Posted by: closer44 | March 18, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

"Again: Mike Holmgren watched Tebow's pro day and remarked that he looked like a totally different quarterback than the one who played in the Senior Bowl.Posted by: MistaMoe"

The account I read indicated he was off-target on most of his throws. His receivers distinguished themselves with acrobatic catches. So while it looks like he is on the way to correcting his 'ball security problem', he needs a couple seasons to learn to hit his receivers.

On the other hand, a team that wanted to run some wildcat plays could do worse than Tim Tebow.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 18, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

"Holmgren? Didn't he just grossly overpay for a washed up Delhomme?"

Actually, the Seahawks and Pete Carroll are the ones who just overpaid for Charlie Whitehurst.

J Delhomme got from Holmgren and the browns what a vet quarterback who's been to the Super Bowl is supposed to get.

And, btw, Holmgren is the guy who called plays for S Young, coached M Hassleback to a Super Bowl, and made a trade for some guy named B Favre back when the falcons were disenchanted with him.

Beyond those issues, Holmgren has been proven to be a bad judge of talent.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

As long as they're praying on the 50 yd line, Tebow will have a place for his prostyletizing in football.

Big deal.

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 18, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Last thought on TT: Bill Curry was on the morning radio a few weeks back and was asked why he thought the Florida coaches didn't make more of an effort to deal with Tebow's release during the off-season. They certainly knew it was a problem. Curry's answer was that they were winning all their games and were afraid to risk messing up a good thing.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 18, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

"This nation was founded on many principles, one of which is religious tolerance. "
----------------
My passion about the Redskins is founded on several principles, one of which is I want a g-d Super Bowl. I don't care if they draft a bunch of preachers or an atheists. Let's just get some players who can do better than 4-12.

Posted by: closer44 | March 18, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

So Moe, if you're going to sweat Tebow or Johnson, it's best to focus to Johnson because he is on the roster?

Go it.

p1, that Robert Greene quote focuses on deception and how people play on the emotions of others to obtain power. It explains how people usually try and hide behind "honesty" and "good morals" to cover up who they really are and what they're trying to accomplish. Humans are fundamentally suckers for honesty and when someone comes across as the "golden boy" they develop an almost cult like following.

It also ties into law 27 of the 48: "Play on people's need to believe to create a cultlike following."

Like I said, people want to believe that everybody is generally a good person, and when that person begins to speak out on "honesty", "morals", and "values" all it does is just feed the suckers for truth -- the general public.

That's why I treat everyone and everything the same. With skepticism. Therefor I remove the possibility of surprise and let down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay enough of this philosophical bullsh*t!

F everybody on RI.

There. I feel normal again.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2010 10:19 AM

Divisive on this blog and divisive in the the Skins locker room are two very different things.

And I'm still laughing at LS's "religious tolerance" remark...more of the typical straying off the beaten path and mumbling nonsense to himself all the while.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

@Moe....

Actually...Shanny was the one calling plays for Steve Young...not Holgrem...

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2010 10:19 AM

You bet. He would divide the guys who want to win from the ones who don't. Personally, I think it's about time for that division.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Maybe the real majority in America.

Posted by: Samson151

Agreed 100%

Even if you have "the faith of a mustard seed" you don't want to hear someone talk about it all day.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I know Holmgren's resume. Maybe Delholm will prove me (and it seems like a lot of other people) wrong, but I think his quality days are long gone. As for a vet QB who's been to the Super Bowl--what are we paying Grossman? I think you pay a guy based on what you think he'll do for you, not what he's done for someone else. (And I'm not saying Grossman did much of anything for the Bears, but he is a vet QB who's been to the Super Bowl.)

And back to Holmgren's assessment--I think it's pretty clear any team official's pre-draft opinion of Tebow (especially one given on the record) can be taken with a grain of salt.

Posted by: closer44 | March 18, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Dik and Curzon - Y'all still haven't put your picks together.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 9:39 AM

4th, my picks have been in. 4-12 is on the line above me and he is needing the picks.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 18, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

So, if JC hasn't even gotten a sniff at his RFA 1st round compensation.. which could be as low as the 32nd pick, does this mean Whitehurstm a 3rd string backup, is almost equal value?

From ESPN..
The Seattle Seahawks and San Diego Chargers have completed a trade that sends third-string Chargers quarterback Charlie Whitehurst to Seattle for draft picks.

The Seahawks swapped the 40th pick in the second round with San Diego's 60th pick and also will send the Chargers a third-round pick in the 2011 draft.

Seattle, meanwhile, has signed Whitehurst to a two-year, $8 million contract, with $2 million more in incentives.

The Chargers now have three third-round picks in 2011. They earlier acquired the New York Jets' third-round pick next year in exchange for cornerback Antonio Cromartie.

Whitehurst, a restricted free agent with third-round compensation, has had only four NFL snaps and has not thrown a pass in a regular-season game. The Clemson product signed his one-year restricted tender Wednesday, which facilitated the trade, after deciding he preferred to play in Seattle instead of Arizona. Matt Hasselbeck, 34, remains Seattle's starting quarterback, but the 27-year-old Whitehurst could be viewed as the quarterback for the future.

The Cardinals agreed to a contract with former Cleveland Browns quarterback Derek Anderson on Wednesday.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Urban Meyer's last QB has struggled in the Pros. Meyer does not get his players ready for the NFL, his focus is winning in college.

Draft TT only if you plan on trying to develop him, and only in the later rds.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 18, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Given what the Seahawks and Carroll just did for Whitehurst.. I think the Skins have found their patsy for a "trade down" (if Seattle doesnt give up any more picks).

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Get a clue L_S, get a clue. Wow, just wow.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Hard to believe that some players ***cough Clinton Portis cough*** weren't wiling to give these 8 hours a week in years past.

Cooley marveled at that fact on his blog last offseason.

Posted by: Jason10 | March 18, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2010 10:33 AM

There's a difference about talking about all day, and being open about ones conviction. One thing for sure is that everyone will know what Tebow believes. Some guys will gravitate to that some won't. On a side note, isn't Christianity founded on the spreading of the Gospel, the Good Word, the Word that leads to salvation? Tebow is following these ideals, ideals some men may not like. However as a devote practicing Christian I'm sure Tebow isn't concerned what "man" thinks of him but what God will think of him.

Posted by: TWISI | March 18, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

I love how people on here feel that he is faking it or "fronting".

Try actually fact checking before you judge the guy.

Same people on here who LOVE calling people out for inflating the facts or straight up lying are the same ones who are just throwing poo at the wall of Tebow and hoping it sticks. Look at the facts, if you dont like him after the facts, then you dont like him. But to just throw cr@p at the wall and hope it sticks is pretty weak.

Like the rush to judgment on the Super Bowl Commercial.

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

A bunch of Chicken Little babies.....

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | March 18, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Thats why we need a minor league system, so few College coaches give a rats butt about grooming a pro-quality QB. If there were 32 schools that still run a West Coast or Coryell system I would be shocked.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | March 18, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

gonna be 70's on saturday, getting the softball bats out...love this time of year/weather....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 18, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Cooley marveled at that fact on his blog last offseason.

Posted by: Jason10 | March 18, 2010 10:47 AM

Some of them -- I think Landry and Portis, among others -- even received bonuses for participating in these activities. And, remember that Jason Taylor was cut after he refused to re-negotiate his contract to participate in these activities, with a bonus.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I feel better about Tebow now that he isn't in college......

NFLN is over-using him in the coverage....but I geuss it's the curiosity issue......

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2010 10:19 AM
==================
Gibbs and many other players (Thrash comes to mind) wore their religion on their sleeves, so to speak, and it never divided the locker-room.
Players are much more tolerant than the posters on this blog.
If Tebow is a divisive influence, because of his beliefs, I think it would of surfaced in Gainesville along time ago.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

For the record if Tebow (my official position on all fronts tebow: gag me) was pulling mad tail, my respect would for him would skyrocket....as long as he wraps that siht....no kids..

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

That being said......

I wouldnt use our 2nd rounder on him.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | March 18, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

The way Tebow will divide the locker room is that he will come in as a high draft choice, ownership will declare him the starter, and much to the chagrin of many of his teammates he will light up the scoreboard with opponents' pick-sixes. Some players will still support him, because it's their nature to go along with what the team decides or they believe he's a rookie with potential or whatever. Others will grumble their displeasure (most often anonymously) to the press. Of course, the locker room he will be dividing will be Jacksonville's.

Posted by: closer44 | March 18, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Back to Mock Drats....

AT THIS MOMENT, Casserly has the Lions selecting McCoy....But then states Okung is on their radar...

That's because Okung is the real target and will get drafted by the Lions...

...Just sayin...

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 18, 2010 10:48 AM

Going to the beach…..will be drinking beer while watching the waves roll in, and the dogs are still allowed on the boardwalk!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | March 18, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Here's a tip:

Morgan State will win the whole thing...Pick em!

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 9:51 AM

Done with my picks. You know who I've got to win the whole thing...I'm either finishing first or last. Smart money says last by a wide margin.

Posted by: 4-12 | March 18, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

68 degrees today, great day to be sitting in front of my big screen watching the NC2A BB tourney. With beer. And bud.

Go Lobos!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 18, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Get a clue L_S, get a clue. Wow, just wow.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2010 10:43 AM

Hey, I just got one! At the University of Florida, Tebow was a locker room leader. This is one of the attributes that everyone concedes he has.

I'll believe in the guy's track record as a proven leader before I fall for the crap that you're spinning: "Look at the blog! Guy will be a locker room cancer!"

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Now here is a top 4 Mock I can believee in...

(P.S. He stole my 1st 3 picks)

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

That's because Okung is the real target and will get drafted by the Lions...

...Just sayin...

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I can't see them passing on Suh. I just don't think it will happen. I don't think you can pass on a guy like that if you're the Detroit lions.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 18, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

bean

"..gonna be 70's on saturday, getting the softball bats out...love this time of year/weather.."

Why ya' bragging, bro', it's been in the 70s for most of the month here.

Oh, and I hear Dice K is hurt..again.

Who made that guy, the people at Toyota.

Yes, I know that was racist, but it was meant to be.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

From ESPN
=============

whoa.. SD will be one pis-sed off organization if the CBA isnt approved and the 2011 Draft is de-certified.

Right now, I would say to any team that is foolish enough to gamble..
"I'll give you my higher value 2011 picks.. for your somewhat lower value 2010 picks. "

2010 Draft is a sure thing.. 2011 isnt and 2010 is the deepest in talent Draft in the past 2 decades. 53 early entry juniors that make a 2010 3rd round quality on par with what was a 2009 2nd rounder.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

moe, nope, back strain, dice threw long toss the other day...Lester, Beckett, Lackey, Wakefield, Bucholz, not even sure why we're talking Dice....we'll probably trade him straight up for Agon from the padres anyway....haha

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 18, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

SNGM - Nothing will hapen until AFTER the 2011 draft.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Jevan Snead is the "Tom Brady sleeper" of this Draft.
Unfairly devalued his Sr year.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

"....I fall for the crap that you're spinning: "Look at the blog! Guy will be a locker room cancer!"

Well, I'm not buying your crap, so fair is fair.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 18, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 9:21 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

The definition of "slander"

"Communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation."

"A false and malicious statement or report about someone".

To propogate an unfounded baseless rumor about someone as an indication that he's some kind of hypocrite would be slander.

And I'm not the one who started this discussion, the question would be why are TT's beliefs/behavior such a big deal to you? It's not like they impact your life in any profound way, yet you've written paragraph after paragraph denouncing him and his behavior, digging up internet rumors and photos, and announcing your skepticism about his integrity.

I guess I just don't know why an outspoken Christian guy gets in your craw...

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

His throwing skills?

Posted by: MistaMoe
-------------

Holmgren? Didn't he just grossly overpay for a washed up Delhomme?

Posted by: closer44 | March 18, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

What I heard was that he only missed one throw, but the passes he was throwing were some of the easier passes to make. He did hit 3 receivers on long passes.

As to what Holmgren or any other GM or coach is saying, well, it's gamesmanship. "Looke great!" "Wow!" What really matters is when they are on the clock on draft weekend, when they say "TT, FL". That will be interesting, especially if he is in NY on camera.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 18, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 18, 2010 11:05 AM

The Lions wont let Suh or McCoy pass. By mentioning Okung, they are trying to see how bad the skins, seahawks or chiefs would like to have him. Schwartz is a defensive guy and he is finally getting a chance to build his defense. His system in Tennessee was built on having two serviceable d tackles. Corey Williams is not going to cut it. He drafts his next version of Haynesworth with the number two

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | March 18, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

-------------------------------------------
Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Well in that case, I'm skeptical of Robert Greene and you.

Both of you guys are full of crap, and I don't buy a comment of what you are saying.

Fair enough?

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

scratch seahawks for possible trade down patners, they got their QB of the future.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 18, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Re: Tebow.

Whateves. People are all over the map in their take on him personally.

Bottom line, I don't think there's value in him at 4 or 37.

But if he falls to a lower round, why not go for it?

Like I said before, the intriguing thing about Tebow is that if he doesn't work out as a QB, maybe he can be a successful tailback in Shanny's offense.

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

RE: Tebow

Tebow's not getting past Jacksonville @ #10. Jacksonville doesn't have a 2nd rd pick and Tebow won't be there in the 3rd. Unless the Jags trade back from #10 or trade up into the 2nd by using this year’s 3rd and next year’s 2nd they will be forced to take him @ #10.

This has nothing to do with his ability, it's either the Jags reach for Tebow or move the team to LA. He will be a Jag, this is why the NFL has invited him to Thursday night of the Draft and not Saturday were his talent should land him.

Shanny/Allen are doing their due diligence and meeting with the top 5-10 players at just about every position.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

F everybody on RI.

There. I feel normal again.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse
Welcome back, Red. And F' you.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 18, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

posted by Brownwood

Were you referencing Jason Campbell or Jesus Christ here? I am confused.

Posted by: skinball77 | March 18, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sthai75 | March 18, 2010 11:20 AM

Charlie Whitehurst the former Clemson Tiger and career 3rd stringer that couldn't beat Billy Volek out for the #2 job.

C'Mon Man..

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:23 AM

How's about the Redskins trade their second round pick to JAX? JAX gives us their third plus their first in the 2011 draft?

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 11:28 AM

Yes..athough a 2011 2nd would probably be enough to get the job done.

Oh and F Duke

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

SNGM - Nothing will hapen until AFTER the 2011 draft.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 11:13 AM
================
between now and November, of this year, 24 yes votes of 32 owners are required to stay in the CBA deal.. If that mark isn’t hit, the 2011 season faces the possibility of a lockout and no Draft in April 2011.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Scotty, the Clamato Chelada!! Warp Factor 7!!
I swear to God one of my ex-girlfriends drove past me with a 38 revolver pointed to her head the other day..Been ponderin' the cosmic significance of that one for a couipla days now.."Promises that you made to meee" whooeee...All god's Rat Finks are out...

Posted by: frak | March 18, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Oh and F Duke

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:32 A

Weren't you and Periculum classmates at the U of Md? Roommates I heard.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

From WalterFootball

(Tim Tebow) - The talk at the Senior Bowl was how dire things are in a few NFL cities, particularly Jacksonville. Wayne Weaver lost a lot of money this year. And by a lot of money, I mean A LOT OF MONEY. The situation is code-red for the Jaguars. Not even Jack Bauer, Chuck Norris or Carl Winslow could remedy things.

But Tebow can. If you don't think Tebow can sell tickets, maybe the fact that 1,500 people in Jacksonville showed up to pay $160 for Tim Tebow's autograph will change your mind.

If you haven't been to Florida recently, you don't know how much of an icon Tebow is down there. People love him and look up to him. He would solve all of Jacksonville's fiscal issues for the next two years. If Tebow struggles, Weaver could still recoup his money and sell the team. And if Tebow actually turns out to be a good quarterback? Weaver would be able to bathe in gold coins as if he were Uncle Scrooge.

I don't think the Jaguars will spend the No. 10 selection on Tebow. They can trade down to the 18-22 range (the Steelers would love Rolando McClain or Joe Haden) and get him there. Or, they can trade this year's third-round pick and next year's second-round selection to obtain Tebow in Round 2.

The bottom line is - and I can't stress this enough - the Jaguars NEED to walk away from this draft with Tebow. If they don't, Weaver will continue to lose millions upon millions of dollars. The NFL is a business-first model, and Tebow would be an extremely value commodity for Jacksonville's troubled owner.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I guess I just don't know why an outspoken Christian guy gets in your craw...

Posted by: p1funk | March 18, 2010 11:17 AM

First of all, based on your definitions I didn't say anything slanderous since my observations are based generally and on my own opinion. So since opinion can't be categorized as either true of false per se, anything I said doesn't apply.

And I'm not the one who started this discussion. I replied to someone else's comment and somehow I'm now the guy. Whatever...

He's overrated and slightly annoying, but he doesn't "get in my craw". All I did was express that something doesn't sound right with him and you act like I started an anti-Tebow campaign.

So agree to disagree, dude. You like him and buy his schtick. I don't care either way but just don't believe his hype. End of story.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Roommates I heard.

Posted by: League-Source
__________________

Close roommates.

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | March 18, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

C'Mon Man..

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:28 AM

Hey, I did't approve this trade nor did I tell the seahawks to give up their high seound rounder and a 3rd in 2011 or pay him I believe close to 10mill for 2yrs just to sit on the bench behind Hasslebak. But if you think the seahawks are still in the business of aquiring another QB, sure go right ahead.

Posted by: sthai75 | March 18, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 11:36 AM

Weren't you and John "Junior" Feinstein an item when you both attended Duke?

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Were you referencing Jason Campbell or Jesus Christ here? I am confused.

Posted by: skinball77 | March 18, 2010 11:27 AM

Anyone using JC here is talking about Campbell.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 18, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak
____________________

Hilarious...

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | March 18, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak
____________________

Hilarious...

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | March 18, 2010 11:41 AM

The significance is that Frak doesn't know the difference between a revolver and a cel phone.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sthai75 | March 18, 2010 11:40 AM

Seattle will move down 20 picks in the second round of the 2010 draft and give up a third-round pick in 2011 to get San Diego's third-string quarterback.

The Seahawks have agreed to terms on a two-year deal with Whitehurst that is expected to pay him $5 million-per-year. It's a huge gamble considering Whitehurst has not attempted a regular season pass as a pro.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 18, 2010 11:34 AM

I don't know where it is...but the lockout will happen AFTER the 2011 draft irregardless.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 18, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | March 18, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I think they will take Suh then take the best guard/tackle in the second round. They have the second pick in the second round. Suh and Ducasse vs. Okung and Jared Odrick/Brian Price. I think they would opt for the developmental offensive tackle prospect as opposed to the immediate starter becuase they already have a starting left tackle and really need help at guard.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 18, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Well in that case, I'm skeptical of Robert Greene and you.

Fair enough?

Posted by: p1funk

LOL!

Typical religious piece of sh*t response.

When confronted with LOGIC and REASONING they stick their fingers in their ears and start chanting scriptures loudly.

No one is discrediting Tebow, all i was saying that I am skeptical of him -- of everybody. Just because he projects some good guy image and talks about a subject that millions of people follow doesn't mean I'm suppose to just believe the guy. Sorry, but that is weak minded thinking. Use your own damn brain, and not just follow the words in some bible or that of the people.

But like a typical kneeling to the voice in the sky jerk-off, you catch feeling the minute someone questions or has a thought that sways what you were taught in Sunday school or whatever.

"Whaaaaa don't tlak about Tebow... Whaaaaaaa God is Great.... Whaaaaaa F you if you don't believe in Jesus...."

People have the right to disagree with your religious beliefs. They even have the right to speak out or play contrarian to a dude(s) who keeps peddling the sh*t out.

Not everyone believes in God, and they're going to let you know about it. And if they're like me they could give two fu_ks about how you or your god feels about it.

Get over Tebow, your damn self, and "it".

Fair enough?

Posted by: RedDMV | March 18, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

a well educated populace to ensure a quality democracy

Posted by: alex35332

founding fathers did NOT want or create a democracy!

JC hasn't been traded because contrary to all his supporters on this blog, the other teams know he stinks and isn't worth even a low first round pick. If he was all that, he would have been picked up as a proven QB in the league.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | March 18, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Beeps

Unless you root or attended Duke.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

nevertheirregardless?

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | March 18, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Dunno why anyone should worry about TT's release... at least he has one... unlike a certain incumbent QB for the Washington Redskins... who can't/won't read defenses... who couldn't find his own receivers if you spotted him a seeing eye dog and a white cane... or throw the ball upfield... or just even within the boundaries of the field... more often than not... except in garbage time.

Posted by: Vic1 | March 18, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

The dude (Tebow) can play ball, and if he's improving his throwing motion and footwork, look out. We need to get this kid or we will be watching him play for the Eagles and kicking our butts for years to come. This type of guy does not come along often. If he's there at our #37 pick, you have to grab him. He can learn under Campbell and Grossman for a year or two and then turn him loose. Get Okung at #4 or trade back if we can.

Posted by: danminter | March 18, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan and Allen have plan so let's see what unfolds. I just hope they have Steven Jackson in their sights. He's a free agent in 2011. He's younger than Portis and Johnson and IMO the better down hill type runner.

Posted by: bdbyptr | March 18, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

TEBOW. what if he kept saying PRAISE ALLAH? Would you be disgusted then? I am sick of his and Kurt Warners continual reference to a "GOD" who many don't believe in anyway. Personally, I think it is all folklore anyway. These people who hear voices are Sczizophrenic anyway.

Posted by: KurtShanaman | March 18, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Re-post:

Religious beliefs are like one's sex life - nothing to be ashamed of, but private, not something to be foisted upon others, or discussed sans prompting. It makes others uncomfortable, and leads to conflict far more often than it does conversion. Some ppl (are you listening TT fan club?) either don't get that, or put their own feelings of self-righteousness above the feelings of others. THAT, along w/ the obvious lack of NFL caliber talent, is why so many of us are wary of any talk of TT being a Redskin, and downright aghast @ the idea of taking him with anything above a 3rd rd. pick (which I know, we lack).

Btw, if I were a player in the locker room following a heart-breaking loss, and some bible-thumping fool laid some nonsense on me about how the "Lord work works in mysterious ways," I'd have to be restrained...

Posted by: hogmeister | March 18, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bdbyptr | March 18, 2010 1:43 PM

I like Steven Jackson but he will 28 and already has more carries than LJ. I'd take him today but not next in 2011. We need to stop recycling RBs and fine our own guy. Remember most RBs fall off after 5 yrs or 1200 carries.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:50 PM | Report abuse

Wow..good thing L-S has been asleep for a couple of hours.

but he will be 28 yrs old