Shanahan will influence more than just offense

Clearly, Mike Shanahan's reputation is as one of the game's top offensive minds. A former assistant of Bill Walsh, he's augmented Walsh's offense, made it more run-oriented and found much success.

So maybe you found it interesting that he received so much praise for his expertise yesterday in other areas. While Jim Zorn focused most of his energy on the offense and the quarterbacks specifically, early indications are that Shanahan will put his fingerprints on everything.

"The only way I think you stay in the position of head football coach, you'd better know offense, defense, special teams," he said to a group of reporters following Wednesday's news conference. "You'd better know it as good as your assistants, or at least try to. Because your team knows it. You know offense, you know defense, you know special teams because you're in charge of the whole team. They have to understand that all three areas are very important. I enjoy football in general, so that's very easy for me."

He enjoys it so much that he's spent most of his time off researching how he might do things differently, and those changes might be most noticeable on the defensive side of the ball. SI's Peter King yesterday said what's been whispered quite a bit: that Shanahan has been specifically studying the 3-4 defense.

It's not what he used in Denver -- though Mike Nolan installed it there after he left -- and those who've been around the team longer than I have can't remember any Redskins team using the 3-4. Ever.

Shanahan could have some flexibility when it comes to personnel. Obviously Brian Orakpo has some versatility, London Fletcher is as solid as they come, and coaches were real high on Rocky McIntosh and H.B. Blades. On the line, Albert Haynesworth is a huge, destructive force and Jeremy Jarmon developed into a contributer quicker than coaches anticipated.

Shanahan wasn't tipping his cards on his exact plans, and a lot of it could depend on what he sees on film.

"It depends on the players that we have," he said.

If you're curious, General Manager Bruce Allen was asked about Shanahan's skills as an offensive strategist and immediately spun the question to discuss his defensive expertise.

"It's not just that he's an offensive guy," Allen said. "His defense -- the game strategy -- would complement his offensive game strategy for the game. I've seen him come after us and pass the ball 40 times a game, and I've seen him also run the ball 45. And the defense would actually complement his offense. And that's what made him a special type of coach -- he's a true head coach, not just one side of the ball."

By Rick Maese  |  January 7, 2010; 3:49 PM ET
Categories:  Mike Shanahan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shanahan-Haynesworth dynamic worth watching
Next: Shanahan on quarterbacks: an early look

Comments

Also, for a 'bring back' RB, in my mind, better chances of success with Betts rather than Portis.

Posted by: dcsween | January 7, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse
Tough call there. I think we probably have a better shot with CP. LB will be working hard just to get his knee working again. May never get back his speed. CP will have rested legs, just need to worry about his wagging tongue. I think MS will be able to take care of that. So I think CP is a better bet for 2010.

re-Posted by: frediefritz | January 7, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | January 7, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Marshall.

Will he be a redskin?

Probably.

How else is Shanny going to make his system work?

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 7, 2010 3:49 PM

Which Shanny we talking about? Young Shanny's system ran just fine without Brandon Marshall.

Skins already have talent at receiver. They're not making any moves at TE or WR other than letting ARE go.

People who are hot for Marshall are letting their inner Dan Snyder rule their thinking.

Posted by: League-Source | January 7, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Whatever Shanahan's influence on the defense is, I hope we depart from the uber-conservative "bend but don't break" philosophy of Blache. With Haynesworth, Orakpo, Hall, Landry, Fletcher, Rocky, Carter, etc., we should have a dominating defense. I'd rather give up a few more big plays if it means we're attacking the QB and forcing a lot more turnovers, which in turn gives the offense a short field.

Posted by: Section104 | January 7, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

"Would you trade this years #1 for Marshall?"

But the 2011 1st rounder?

Kelly, Thomas, Mitchell are just a group of guys when compared to Marshall.

That was evident in the chargers game when M Floyd and Osgood--two bench warmers--donimated: and those guys are as young as our guys.

Marshall as the lead dog for the receiving group we have now isn't a bad or great idea.

But such decisions have to be made as the mess in place requires it.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 7, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

No Post to wear off stale post?

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 7, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

New Post to wear off stale post?

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 7, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

what you don't want are 2 10's with a 5 as moral police!

Posted by: Peaceful2009 | January 7, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Colt may have to change his number... he doesn't wanna get known as a CB5.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | January 7, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Would you trade this years #1 for Marshall? Guy on the radio out here said Marshall was worth it, that he was arguably better than anyone coming out that the skins could get at #4. He's a stud WR no doubt but I wouldn't do that trade.

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 3:55 PM

Shanny is too savvy. Remember he is here, not in Denver when he fleeced the skins on multiple occasions.

I'd give next year’s 3rd or maybe 2nd for Marshall. No way I'd give them a 1st when they're looking to dump him and still get some compensation.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 7, 2010 4:00 PM

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 7, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Moe, I wouldn't really read too much into any of the Redskins' performances after Bruce Allen was hired. Seemed to me that the whole team sorta checked out at that point.

Please, no WRs of any kind until we see what the team has in a real offense with a real line and a consistent QB. And certainly no trading picks for any of them.

Posted by: jcabana | January 7, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | January 7, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Young Shanny had Andre Johnson, who is a pretty good Marshall substitute.

That said, giving up a #1 for Marshall would be the kind of trade that Shanahan pulled on the Redskins back in the day. No way he's worth that.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 7, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

you'd better know offense, defense, special teams

Hate to say it but if the kids playing Madden can call a game on all three sides of the ball shouldn't a grown man be able to attempt it in real life?

Posted by: alex35332 | January 7, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Raise your hand if you're excited about having Shanahan as coach. I know I am.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 7, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Young Shanny had Andre Johnson, who is a pretty good Marshall substitute.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 7, 2010 4:06 PM

Young Shanny will do just fine with the receivers already on the roster. He don't need no Marshall, no Johnson. Okay, he needs a Johnson, but not in a game situation.

Posted by: League-Source | January 7, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Good point about assistant coaches. Are any coming back? BUGES, GRAY? I'm sure SMITH and BLATCHE are done.

Posted by: glawrence007 | January 7, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Non-returning UFAs:

Randy Thomas
Phillip Daniels
Renaldo Wynn

Bunch of other guys listed as UFA are probably RFA b/c the league year will end without a new CBA (Campbell, Rogers, Heyer, Alexander, Golston, Montgomery, McIntosh, Doughty)

Posted by: dcsween | January 7, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

I think PDaniels will come back next year. He really played this year, and can move into DT.

Posted by: frediefritz | January 7, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 3:55 PM

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 7, 2010 4:00 PM

That's what I was thinking. As talented as he his he's also a headcase and I think the skins have bigger problems to be addressed with the #4 pick than WR. I was just surprised to hear the radio guy say it - it was probably wishful thinking since that could potentially put the Broncos in the running for one of the top QB's. They're not enamored of Orton out here. In fact I've heard a few guys saying they should go after JC. Go figure.

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Raise your hand if you're excited about having Shanahan as coach. I know I am.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 7, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

A little, but I'm not ready to drink the kool aid just yet. I've been burned too many times by off season superbowls.

I'll wait for some results before I pop a chubby for the new regime.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 7, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Gannon: I won't make that call again
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Rich Gannon won't be offering his help to the Oakland Raiders again any time soon.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

A day after the Raiders rebuffed an offer of help from their former quarterback, Gannon said on Sirius NFL Radio on Thursday that "I won't make that call again."

Gannon said on his show Wednesday that he had called team owner Al Davis to offer any help for the organization and struggling young quarterback JaMarcus Russell. The Raiders responded that Gannon was the one who needed help.

Gannon won the 2002 league MVP for the Raiders, leading them to the Super Bowl that season. Oakland has lost at least 11 games in all seven seasons since -- the longest such streak in NFL history.

Sween,
Audible: Zorny to go fix Damarcus, LOL.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | January 7, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

I'll reserve my respect for SHANAHAN when he's three years in, and we're 4-2 in our division. 'Till then, I'll wait.

Posted by: glawrence007 | January 7, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

moe, Kelly had over 100 yards vs the chargers, no thanks to trading for marshall.....I'm pretty confident that he'll be able to find a use for a 6'4 227pound wr....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 7, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | January 7, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Did Daniels have any kind of impact? He had 1 sack and the run defense sucked. I'd let him go. Replace him with Orakpo/Jarmon and be done with it. I say heck no to the 3-4 unless its only used a couple times a game. You don't have enough quality LB's to run it even if you dip into FA and Haynesworth and Carter are not suited for it.

Posted by: ga8085 | January 7, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

But you can only do so much within the system that's put around you - Hayney said this , but I wish Campbell would have.

I get the feeling that Shanahallen are going to watch the film before making any judgments.

unlike a fan who simply reacts to a play on the field, assigns blame immediately, wants to cut that player, and then will pretend it didn't happen if that player plays better in following games.

I read a list of FA's at footballsfuture.com and there are 2 free agent O lineman in Denver, not sure who they are, not big name guys, but it would make sense to bring in those guys

Posted by: pabrian2003 | January 7, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Repost since this is more relevant to this thread.

Regarding the post, I think another interesting dynamic other than Shanahan/Haynesworth will be Haynesworth and whomever the new d-coordinator will be. Shanahan was reportedly interested in switching to the 3-4 before getting fired in Denver. Wonder if he'd he pick a D-coord with that in mind? The fact that he was visiting the Pittsburgh and New England training camps makes me wonder.

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 3:38 PM

Orakpo would be a beast as a 3-4 LB like Harrison in Pittsburgh. But what would you do with Haynesworth? My understanding is that the 3 linemen in a 3-4 are typically space eater types that allow the LBs to make plays. Doesn't sound like AH's game.

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085

Baldinger analyzed the skins D line and said when they are playing well against the run it's Daniels, Griff, and Hayney ALL playing well that makes them effective. (to paraphrase) Baldy urks me as a game commentater, but is good with analysis IMO

Posted by: pabrian2003 | January 7, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I remember reading that Carter struggled as a 3-4 lb in SF before coming to the skins so he might not be a great fit for the 3-4 either.

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I vote NO on B marsh too, too many other needs

O line
RB
FS
KR, PR maybe
back-up QB

Posted by: pabrian2003 | January 7, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Somebody argued that Shanahan was no judge of talent. Depends on what you're looking at, I suppose. Here's his 2006 draft:

Jay Cutler (Pick 11)
Tony Scheffler (round 2, pick 61)
Brandon Marshall (round 4, pikc 119
Chris Kuper (round 5, pick 161)
Greg Eslinger C 6/198
They're all offense, true. But what an offense.

Eslinger hasn't played. Kuper started 15 games last season. The others you've heard of.

Posted by: Samson151 | January 7, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I saw the D playing well especially on 3rd and 4th and short ONLY when Haynesworth was in there. I think Daniels is expendable and supplies no kind of pash rush when a team decides to throw. But who knows, maybe he'll be rejuvinated with a new D coordinator who likes to attack more.

Posted by: ga8085 | January 7, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Unlikely Shanny goes after Marshall. Word was he was ready to dump Marshall when he was fired by the Broncos.

Posted by: skinfanman | January 7, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Word is that Cribbs wants out of Cleveland.

Posted by: skinfanman | January 7, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinfanman | January 7, 2010 4:23 PM

I heard that as well. Probably tired of his act. Let Marshall go to the Bears.

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085 |

Among defensive line men there are guys who run roughshod going to disrupt the backfield or pass rush and those who "play the piano,"--cover their own area and the guy who vacated his to go after the passer. His numbers usually aren't glamorous, but they are valuable.

Daniels did that this year with one bicep.

At the college level the 6'5" 365 pound nose tackle for Alabama is a piano player. Few sacks (one, I think) few tackles, but he ties up everything inside. In certain schemes he's better than Suh. Ideally, the two of them would be great together.

You suggest replacing PD with Orakpo or Jarmon--and I agree--on passing downs. But neither of them are stout enough yet to hold against the run in the NFC East. I think Jarmon will grow into that role in a year or two, but not yet. Keep PD for anotehr year to mentor them, and get Jarmon to add 20 pounds of muscle.

Posted by: TheCork | January 7, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085 | January 7, 2010 4:23 PM

FWIW sween keeps hinting (about four times a day) that we're getting this guy Suh in his mock draft. That should help with the pass rush.

Posted by: League-Source | January 7, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Getting Marshall????? Really, isn't that exactly the kind of thing we have been doing for a decade?
Why do some of you guys want him, are we not changing our ways?

It's like a crackhead asking to borrow $20.00 for "gas". Same old story over and over.

U guys having Danny withdrawals already?

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 7, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan needs to stay away from the D in my opinion. His defenses the last couple of yrs in Denver were horrible and he had a bunch of Cleveland busts on the D line. And it takes a while to adjust to the 3-4, and I really don't think its necessary to totally change a defense that was decent and can be better by being more aggressive and putting players in their correct position.

Posted by: ga8085 | January 7, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

No way Suh falls past Tampa, or Detroit for that matter.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 7, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Jay Cutler (Pick 11)
Tony Scheffler (round 2, pick 61)
Brandon Marshall (round 4, pikc 119
Chris Kuper (round 5, pick 161)
Greg Eslinger C 6/198
They're all offense, true. But what an offense.

Posted by: Samson151

You forgot Domenic Hixon, who was also selected by Shanahan in that same draft. You'd be hard-pressed to find any team with a draft that impressive over the last decade. Out of six picks he gets 4/5 starters and 2/3 pro-bowlers? Not bad at all.

Posted by: psps23 | January 7, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | January 7, 2010 4:12 PM

Opposite of what ga8085 said ... I suspect that a shift to a 3-4 might extend Daniels' career (and agreeing with him and skinswest that Carter becomes trade bait). I suspect Haynesworth could hold his own as a nose tackle or on the outside spot on the line in a 3-4.

Posted by: dcsween | January 7, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

suh at #4 doesn't seem likely, but last year I thought, "why are talking about Orakpo when there is no way he'll be there"

then again with Hayney's contract that's be a lot of $$ in one group.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | January 7, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Medium American Members Protest Redskins

Outside Redskin Park there has been a vigil being hosted by Medium American Members (MAM) quietly protesting the end of "Medium" at the Redskins.

"The image of 50 protesters sitting in Lazy Boy Chairs in the parking lot of Redskins' Park was one I won't forget," noted one undisclosed Redskin official. "They were just sitting there all nice and smiling holding up protest signs. It was a protest that you'd expect from the milk toast followers of Jim Zorn. They didn't even raise their voice or try to stop anyone trying to get into the front door. Honestly, I had to look to see if these protesters were left over from Zorn's offensive lineman pool."

MAM hasn't protested often as one might guess since protests by their nature require more effort than medium would suggest. Perhaps even more illuminating was the protesters were sipping hot chocolate and warm milk.

Not one protester would go on record about the developments at Redskins' Park where medium is out and Zone Blocking is in, but one protester said he was wearing knee pads and a cup just in case the new attitude at Redskin park got too aggressive.

Posted by: laserwizard | January 7, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

With three defensive minded coaches drafting in front of the skins, no way do I see Suh sliding to them. I would love it if he did but I don't see it - not yet anyway. Detroit and TB already got their QBs last year so unless they go OT I don't see them passing on Suh or Gerald McCoy.

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

U guys having Danny withdrawals already?

Posted by: iH8dallas

Whenever I start to feel the Danny withdrawals, I throw on my Adam Archuletta jersey that I bought for $8.

God Bless America

Posted by: CheyenneWY | January 7, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | January 7, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Best Quote of the day.

Posted by: Devo2 | January 7, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I don't think there are enough linebackers on the roster (and absolutely no depth) to even start transitioning to a 3-4 ... and we're overloaded (or, at least, appropriately loaded) with quality guys on the line, both at DT and DE.

Posted by: dcsween | January 7, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I am telling you it would be legendary to trade Portis back to Denver for Bailey and there 2nd Round pick.....

Its a dream, but you have to have a dream!!

Posted by: skinball77 | January 7, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Philip Daniels still has a place on this team I think, especially at bargain prices. Dude balls, can play anywhere on line, is a role model and a coaches helper.

Now Wynn, get ta packin!

From last thread: I would love T. Krumrie as D-Line coach!

Posted by: chrislarry | January 7, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

God Bless America

Posted by: CheyenneWY | January 7, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I'm embarrased to say this but I bought Jason Taylor jersey in 08. I gave it to a co-worker, the memories were too much to handle.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 7, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Best Quote of the day.

Posted by: Devo2

You quoting him or his original post? I am confused, because his post was not a quote until you quoted him after he posted it....

Posted by: skinball77 | January 7, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Shifting to a 3-4 would be a waste of Brian Orakpo. The guy is meant to be a defensive end. He, Carter, and Jarmon are 4-3 defensive ends. 3-4, not yet, not now.

Posted by: dcsween | January 7, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I am a terrible fan. I dont buy the jersey until they are gone and then I get it cheaper. I got a wife and kids to think about.

I do buy the old greats though, Dexter Manley, Joe Theisman, etc.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | January 7, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Beepa

Posted by: CheyenneWY | January 7, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | January 7, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085 | January 7, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Daniels is a stud. He played 2/3 of the year with a torn bicep.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | January 7, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 7, 2010 4:37 PM

With the constant turnover they've had ove the years I've been reluctant to buy any new jerseys so I just go old school with #44. I'm seriously considering an Orakpo one now though.

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

... and a coaches helper.

Posted by: chrislarry | January 7, 2010 4:36 PM

I don't know why they call it HAMBURGER helper. It tastes great all by itself!

Posted by: dcsween | January 7, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

One thing I liked about the Shanahan hire was how he spent the year off. He didn't use the free time to lead the construction of his Denver "maison." I liked how he spent this time to study the game intently, view film, and prepare his strategy for his future position. Although he was out of the game, his mind was still 100% geared toward football, and without the stress of head coaching, he was able to study the various schemes that coaches had employed this pass season. His last couple of years in Denver were mediocre so this may have been the right time to step back and correct or change his approach.

As for his defensive scheme, I wouldn't be surprised if he went 3-4. He visited Belichick prior to the season, and Mike probably discussed it with him. We have the perfect nose tackle for the scheme in Fat Albert, and we could then use Orakpo and Carter at the ends although these two guys would have be BEEF UP (I'm talking closer to 3 bills) to clog up lanes. I think we also have a solid line-backing core led by London.

The only problem though is that this means the D-Line would have to take more punishment, and we all know how fragile Fat Al can be. And unless the ends get up to 300, the 3-4 is useless.

Interestingly, our Redskins and the Bears are the only two teams in the league who have never used the 3-4 as a base defense.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | January 7, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinswest | January 7, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Detroit is looking to replace to either Jeff Backus at left tackle or gravy jackson at DT. They already have a decent DT in Sammie Lee Hill but gravy jackson is really only a run stuffer for 3rd and short. He isn't even a 2 down player. Now, Backus can play kind of. So it will be interesting. I really have no idea why they haven't replaced Backus yet. I'd be willing to bet they take Suh. With Suh, Hill, and Hunter they might actually have a respectable defensive line. They have decent linebackers and decent corners. It will beinteresting to see that team develop over the next couple of years.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | January 7, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I only buy hoodies, t-shirts and the polos now.....strictly for the grown and sexy

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 7, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

There's too much talent on D to make such a big switch to a 3-4. I'd like to see Haynesworth motivated and used correctly along with Orakpo and Carter, and maybe get another OLB that can pass rush and cover too. Why mess with something that's already shown to work? Too much of a risk. And yeah, no way I'd go for Marshall. People complain about Portis's attitude. Marshall is 10 times worse.

Posted by: ga8085 | January 7, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

I was just thinking about the brandon marshall for the first pick. Why not try Marshall and their first for our first that way we stay in the first round and can add a major playmaker to the offense, what do you guys think, possibility?

Posted by: SkinsRealist1 | January 7, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Wow, check this out:

I found it as a reference listed on wiki when I started looking to see if the Skins had ever used the 3-4; looks like in '88 that was their base D.

LB - Ravin Caldwell
LB - Monte Coleman
LB - Kurt Gouveia
LB - Mel Kaufman
LB - Greg Manusky
LB - Wilber Marshall
LB - Neal Olkewicz

It was probably an attempt to get as many of these guys on the field as possible.

Posted by: mrsaun | January 7, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Skins base D was never a 3-4. Not even in 88. Pettibone was a George Allen 4 man front deciple.

Posted by: Sonny9 | January 8, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

IMO the Redskins should stick with the 4-3! I also think it is time to get rid of the old dead weight on that line and let the young guys play. Let Orakpo and Jarmon play for the whole season and maybe sign some good backup to spell them once in a while. Some may not agree but I think they should send Daniels, Wynn and Griffith away and get younger to prevent injuries!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | January 8, 2010 7:59 PM | Report abuse