Montgomery Putting Injury Behind Him

Jason Reid reports:

Defensive tackle Anthony Montgomery fared well in his return to the lineup Sunday against the New York Giants after sitting out recently because of a right Achillies' injury.

"It felt good just to be back out there," said Montgomery, who had a sack in the game. "I never had to miss time like that because of an injury. That was just frustrating, so you want to put it behind you as fast as you can."

Montgomery experienced stiffness at halftime but "was able to push through and finish. It got better as soon as I was able to warm up again. I think it's going to be okay."

...

Defensive tackle Kedric Golston (bone spurs) said he is feeling better but does not know about his status for Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens.

"It's not as sore as it was last week, but we just have to give it more time," Golston said. "I'm want to see what happens this week with some aggressive rehab."

By Cindy Boren  |  December 1, 2008; 12:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Necklace, a Chat and a Poll
Next: Fletcher Back in Boot: 'I'm Hurting'

Comments

He played well.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 1, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Repost:

From Flounder's list above, here is my Christmas Cut List:

Jason Taylor $ 8,500 $ -
Marcus Washington $ 6,520 $ 2,020
Jon Jansen $ 3,413 $ 6,188
Casey Rabach $ 3,650 $ 1,300
Phillip Daniels $ 2,057 $ 114
Fred Smoot $ 4,150 $ 4,200
James Thrash $ 945 $ 100
Todd Yoder $ 887 $ 117
Erasmus James $ 1,003 $ -

Cutting these guys would save approximatley $14.7 mil on the cap. James and Daniels have literally been useless for the team this season (though not really Daniels' fault). Yoder should be able to be replaced by Davis. Thrash can easily be upgraded. Washington and JT have essentially been non-existent to the team's success, and equivalent replacements can be had for much cheaper (equivalent to how they've contributed this season).

Smoot, Jansen, and Rabach have played significant snaps this season, and finding full-time replacements may be difficult. However, these guys don't seem to be going anywhere but down as they get older, and this may be the time to cut them. Hopefully Hall can be re-signed to replace Smoot. Jansen and Rabach may need to be replaced via FA (if Heyer isn't deemed a future starter).

DeAngelo Hall
Demetric Evans
Anthony Montgomery
Kedric Golston
Justin Geisinger
Alfred Fincher
Reed Doughty

If the guys listed are released and the FAs signed, that leaves 41 players on the roster. We have 4 draft picks. That would leave 8 players to be replaced via FA, 3 of which may need to be starters (C, RT, OLB).

That's my vote in this irrational, post-game, pissed-off state of mind.

Posted by: psps23

Posted by: psps23 | December 1, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

++++From now on, why don't you save yourself the effort and just write "Cork Post #1." And, when you have a #2, write that out. We'd be interested to see if you actually have more than one thought inside you.

Posted by: talent_evaluator++++

i do I DO,, TE... But knowing how sensitive you are, I'm too kind to overshadow you.

I think you can guess where you can stick your Shadenfreude.

Posted by: TheCork | December 1, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

TE,

Beating UGA is like bragging about having sex with a Hooker, it's a almost a sure thing.

Congrats never the less.

Posted by: Gweez | December 1, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

From Flounder's list above, here is my Christmas Cut List:

Jason Taylor $ 8,500 $ -
Marcus Washington $ 6,520 $ 2,020
Jon Jansen $ 3,413 $ 6,188
Casey Rabach $ 3,650 $ 1,300
Phillip Daniels $ 2,057 $ 114
Fred Smoot $ 4,150 $ 4,200
James Thrash $ 945 $ 100
Todd Yoder $ 887 $ 117
Erasmus James $ 1,003 $ -

Cutting these guys would save approximatley $14.7 mil on the cap+++PSPS23

Rabach's problem is he can't handle good big 3-4 tackles. He isn't big enough. With Jansen's cap hit as big as it is, I might cut Rabach and move Jansen to Center... Let him duke it out with Geisinger.

I'd keep Daniels if he's healthy. They erred by cutting Wynn too soon, Daniels is strong as an ox, and he may have a year or two left in the tank.

Thrash at vet min for STs is worth keeping, IMO.

Posted by: TheCork | December 1, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Doc is bringing it on his show. He said he wants JC to just ball and make plays, like he was when he scrambled for some yards, or while the skins were in no huddle. He also implied that Jansen needs to be on the bench or the skins have to scheme better to account for his deficencies in pass pro with rool outs, or help from Yoder or Sellers. He'd also like to see the Wild cat with ARE.

Posted by: TWISI | December 1, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

I think the Skins need to change some things up this week, They should go no huddle from the begining. Jansen needs to be replaced, Thrash should not play receiver any more. We need to go unorthodoxed against the Ravens or they will kill JC.

JC needs to stop checking down and take some chances down the field, forget stats or being worried about Int's.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 1, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

+++Upcoming FAs I'd like to see re-signed. Only one of these should command serious money:

DeAngelo Hall
Demetric Evans
Anthony Montgomery
Kedric Golston
Justin Geisinger
Alfred Fincher
Reed Doughty+++Psps23

Not sure I'd pay big money for Hall. Evans will want/deserves a raise, tho.

Posted by: TheCork | December 1, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

"I might cut Rabach and move Jansen to Center"

And you think Vinny makes bad moves. Move Jansen to Center, a possition he's never played before....right....and then, to top that off, you want to cut Rabach....there you go....all problems have now been solved.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 1, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

beep beep at the torrence level.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 1, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

DeAngelo Hall
Demetric Evans
Anthony Montgomery
Kedric Golston
Justin Geisinger
Alfred Fincher
Reed Doughty

Posted by: psps23

Reed Doughty, are you serious!
Dude is Archuletta part deux (minus the huge bonus money). I wouldn't want him on my team for free.

Posted by: Predator48 | December 1, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

"Thrash at vet min for STs is worth keeping, IMO."

IMO, I'd be willing to completely overhaul the ST unit. We're dead last in the league in terms of punting. Our kickoff return team is average to slightly above average. Our kickoff coverage is nothing special either. If a guy doesn't contribute in any other way on the field, I'd have no problem ridding the team of him. Rock would be skating thin ice too, if we could get an upgrade at the 3rd RB spot. Our ST units are so poor that nobody currently on our roster should be saved a spot purely for special teams. They haven't earned it.

Posted by: psps23 | December 1, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse