More on Death of Darrell Green's Brother

Just wanted to share a little more information on the death of Darrell Green's brother, from Zack Bolno of the Redskins and Talia Boone, Green's spokesperson:

Leonard Green, 53, passed away yesterday evening (Tuesday) at 5 p.m. CST in Houston. Green was the older brother of Darrell Green and the second-eldest of eight children in the Green family. According to Boone, Leonard Green experienced shortness of breath and was taken to a Houston area hospital. The cause of death is still unknown at this point.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 12, 2008; 7:47 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hall Takes High Road on T.O. Incident
Next: The Power of the Running Game

Comments

Best wishes to the Green family...

Posted by: TDawg1 | November 12, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Beat Dallas for 28's family!

Posted by: Zeebs | November 12, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Condolences to D. Green and his family!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2008 8:09 PM | Report abuse

god bless, #28, god bless! our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

now beat dallas!

Posted by: tnt828 | November 12, 2008 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Very young. So sad. best wishes to the Greens.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2008 8:24 PM | Report abuse

My condolences to Darrell Green and all his family.

Darrell is one of my favorite Redskins of all time.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 12, 2008 8:27 PM | Report abuse

So sad....my prayers go out to the family.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 12, 2008 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Condolences to the entire Green family. Much too young.

Posted by: frediefritz | November 12, 2008 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Terribly sorry D Green. My sincere condolences on your loss. God Bless.

Posted by: cosomfla | November 12, 2008 8:40 PM | Report abuse

may god bless #28 brother may he RIP. win big against dallas REDSKIN FAN!!!!!

Posted by: ralphmfloresjr | November 12, 2008 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Very sad indeed. Has anyone heard if he'd been ill or was this sudden? Devastating either way. Thoughts definitely with the Greens. A true class act and face of this franchise for 20 yrs, you hope his faith and family give him strength to get thru this.

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 12, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

Best wishes to Darrell and the Green family.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 12, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Hello Everyone,
My best to Darrell Green.
We love him because he performed so well.
and then we learned to love and appreciate him more because we saw he was a man of class, conviction, principles.

Best to Darrell.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | November 12, 2008 9:52 PM | Report abuse

On a much lighter note, someone earlier this evening posted on the immediately previous thread asking what the Skins were going to wear on Sunday?
Another asked, are they again wearing Burgundy on Burgundy?

Coach Zorn said early in the week, they would "likely" wear white on burgundy pants.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | November 12, 2008 10:08 PM | Report abuse

The prayers and thoughts of the entire Redskins nation are with the Green family in their time of mourning. It's truly a shame someone so young passed away.

Posted by: AppleScience | November 12, 2008 10:15 PM | Report abuse

White jerseys, definitely.
On the Tuesday Sports Reporters, Zorn made it seem as if the players got to choose the pants... so he was a bit cagey about what the choice would be.

Speaking of which, I finally (now that nobody cares) got a chance to review JC's second interception against the Steelers. It was definitely, absolutely, 100% Thrash that cut his route short. Devin Thomas was on the right side of the field, running a deeper route. He may have screwed up too (out of the picture), but JC saw Thrash breaking open, and with Lamar Woodley steaming straight toward him, made a pretty good toss -- only to have Thrash hear that whooshing sound as it went by where he should have been.
After the play is complete, Zorn puts his arm on Thrash's shoulder, they talk for a second, Zorn nods, and off they went.

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2008 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Condolences to the Green family.

Posted by: JCB4 | November 12, 2008 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Cork, your an idiot.

Posted by: craig2 | November 12, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Craig, you're a Mooncalf, a Nipcheese, a Puckfist, a Gagabash and a Quibberdick.

Your girlfriend is a Ploot.

Posted by: TheCork | November 13, 2008 2:03 AM | Report abuse

Umm...Quibberdick?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 13, 2008 6:25 AM | Report abuse

Our prayers go out to you and your family brother in Burgundy.

On an unrelated note, Beat the Cowpies!!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 13, 2008 6:47 AM | Report abuse

Thoughts and prayer out to the Green family

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 13, 2008 7:19 AM | Report abuse

Craig and Cork, I don't often play blog police but this is probably not the right post for that infighting.

Hope that Snyder is giving the Greens his jet to get down there after the game.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 7:30 AM | Report abuse

My prayers to Darrell and his family. Scary becasue that's my age. I hope Darrell and his family find peace after awhile, and remember the joy of his brother and their good times together when he lived.

Posted by: wagenstill | November 13, 2008 7:58 AM | Report abuse

Hope that Snyder is giving the Greens his jet to get down there after the game.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 7:30 AM | Report abuse

I offered my condolences a couple threads ago(and published them too on B/R) but will absolutely offer them again, along with my prayers for the entire Green family.

Posted by: craig2 | November 13, 2008 8:01 AM | Report abuse

+++I couldn't agree more Alex, Cork brought that forward, and I will NOT respond to it.

Posted by: craig2+++

First to the point of my bad timing in my recent post. I should have waited til the next thread to post my response to Craig2's latest insult. Darrell Green has thee kind of class that makes us all proud to be redskin fans, and deserves better. y

So my apology goes to Mr. Green, not you, Craig. And, belatedly I do offer my condolences to Darrell in this difficult time. I'm sure his faith will help support him as well as the outpouring of love and concern by his fans.

Now then, as to your comment:

Oh please, Craig, don't be such a sanctimonious, hypocritical twit. Don't pretend to be Classy on us now. It's unbecoming and insults our intelligence.

You are the guy who posts the same illiterate insult about me over and over, the same one that sparked my recent response. I'm responding to YOU, Mushwit. Don't act like I initiated the exchange and you're taking the High Road by not responding.

If you did respond, I'm sure it would be with your standard attack "Cork your an idiot."

So we'll pick that up again down the road. I'm sure youamuse yourself with your creativity, adn I got plenty more big words to respond with that you don't understand.

Posted by: TheCork | November 13, 2008 8:37 AM | Report abuse

I guess I am about as effective a blog cop as Tony Romo is a clutch QB, I try but when it matters failed miserably.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Condolences to the Green family. I don't know how close they were, but I would go nuts if I lost my brother.

Some of the guys on this team played with DG and I hope they use this tragedy as some extra motivation to take down Dallas. Even though we're getting some key guys back on defense, losing your best offensive player is a tough blow to overcome and it will take everyone playing their best ball to keep winning through it all.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 13, 2008 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Sorry Alex. And to the Green family.

Posted by: craig2 | November 13, 2008 8:43 AM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers to the Green family. Horrible news....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Just trying to think who on the team did play with Green.

Smoot (talks about it all the time), JJ and big Samuels did.

Didn't Rock, Betts, Mike the Truck and Randy Thomas?

I think thats it. I hope we see Green on the sidelines for part of the game.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Sunday night as the skins are runing out the clock I would love to see Green and Monk walking the sidline slaping guys on the back.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 13, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Randy came in 2003, I think and Green retired at the end of the 2002 season. Other than that, I think your list is about right.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 13, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Easily one of my favorite and most bittersweet memories of the Resdksins was being at his last game. Beating the cowboys at home he had a big gain on a reverse return almost sprung it.
Tough times for his his family but there might not be a better person out there for the rest of his family to turn to. My hearts goes out to you.

Posted by: Stu27 | November 13, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

beep beep. fyi, today could be the day i take a mallet to loseable type.

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 13, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse