More on Redskins and the Rooney Rule

Let's briefly talk about the Rooney Rule, so we're all on the same page.

ProFootballTalk.com had a post Sunday stating that ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported the Redskins must interview Jerry Gray once more. Such news could potentially delay the hiring of a new coach.

I missed the "SportsCenter" report, so I touched base with Mortensen later in the day. He said he didn't report that the team must again interview Gray; he simply acknowledged the possibility exists. And it's true that while the Fritz Pollard Alliance has told the NFL that it feels the Redskins have complied with the league's Rooney Rule, it has requested that newly-hired general manager Bruce Allen interview Gray. Gray's original interview was done when Vinny Cerrato still kept office space at Redskins Park.

John Wooten, the president of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, said it was a request -- not a requirement -- and he hadn't been told whether the Redskins intended to follow-up with another Gray interview.

So there doesn't appear to be a hurdle in place after all, and unless the NFL feels otherwise, the Redskins should be free to hire a new coach at any time.

Gray has been evasive in his comments, declining to say whether he interviewed or whether told Wooten that he'd interviewed. He did tell Lindsay Czarniak last week that he didn't realize Wooten represented the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which is odd.

Wooten says they've spoken multiple times at length and Gray has described his interview in great detail. It'd be tough for Gray to not realize Wooten was associated with the Fritz Pollard Alliance. Wooten has helped Gray with other job interviews, encouraged teams to consider Gray for vacancies and been similarly debriefed by Gray
afterward to ensure that other teams had complied with the Rooney Rule.

By Rick Maese  |  January 4, 2010; 8:58 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins fire Jim Zorn after 2 seasons
Next: Bruce Allen to meet with assistant coaches

Comments

It's a new day ..

Posted by: jiza32 | January 4, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

I saw the Mort interview on ESPN and could have sworn he said the Skins must interview Gray again.

Also, BMitch said last night on the Post Game Show that he spoke to John Wooten with the Fritz Pollard Alliance on Friday and Wooten told him he does not think Shanahan will be hired.

Guess the Skins have Wooten snowed.

Posted by: Lisa_R | January 4, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

This is only news in-so-far-as it could delay the Shanahan announcement.

Which is fine to me, because there isn't that much to talk about and plenty of time to talk about it.

It's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong offseason folks.

Posted by: REXskins | January 4, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Typical PFT, getting facts wrong trying to create a story out of a non-story.

How does B-Mitch use Wooton as a source for who becomes head coach?

Posted by: alex35332 | January 4, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

"Let's briefly talk about the Rooney Rule, so we're all on the same page."

WHY!?!?!?!? I'm in favor of it and think you guys are wearing it out. This is like the 50th post about the Rooney Rule in the last 72 hours.

Are you all, the Washington Post, looking to create some type of controversy or wanting the drama to pop off? I mean, the Fitz Pollard bamas said it was cool, NO ONE else is complaining about this s_it except The Washington Post and PFT.

Let it the f_ck go already! Damn!

Posted by: RedDMV | January 4, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

It's dead, Jim...Space...The Final F*ck You...These are the voyages of the Starship Snyderprize...It's twenty year mission...To destroy the Redskins fanbase with horrible teams at outrageous prices..To seek out strange new players who are often disgruntled and underachieve...To boldly walk with Mike Shanahan to the Men's Room Door!!!..WOOOOOO,WOOOOOOO,WOOOOOOOOWOOWOO,WOOWOOO,WOOOWOOO,WOOOWOOOWOOOWOOOWOOOWOOOWOOOYAHHYAHHWOOWOOOWOOOOOOoooo...ooo...

Posted by: frak | January 4, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

I'm still trying to picture a black dude named Fritz.

Sorry.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 4, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

"Let's briefly talk about the Rooney Rule, so we're all on the same page."

Let's not as Dan Snyder will find some minority coach tool that'll step in, get interviewed, and then, having complied with the Looney Rooney rule, hire whomever he wants.

This, in race relations, is called "A Sideways Move" as only crabs fight over race issues anymore.

You know like I do Dan Snyder wants to hire a black coach like Jim Zorn doesn't want another chance to prove he's a well-connected unqualified white coach.

I say, mistamayor, you post when there's something worthwhile to chat about.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 4, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

^^^Lmao

Posted by: RedDMV | January 4, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Other than horrible timing with the "interview" there was nothing wrong with it as the interview police are concerned. He is NOT getting the job, and everyone knows it. In fact, it is unlikely he will be with the team for more than another 24 hours. Shanny is going to pop out of hiding around 12:30 smiling along side Allen- hopefully with Danny not even on the stage. His son will be on a plane by 3:30, and the new staff should be all but in place by end of business wednesday.

Posted by: fireballhank | January 4, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I heard Zimmer will be the new DC anyone know his style of defense, is he a Marv Lewis guy.

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 4, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Burning Questions.

Can the Redskins do anything without it being a 3-ring circus?

Can Florio and Mortensen report anything without lying or blowing things out of proportion?

Can the Skins find a defensive coache that isn't weasely evasive side-stepper?

Discuss...

Posted by: p1funk | January 4, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

wow, jerry grey may be a great coach but after his performance these past two weeks, i wouldnt hire him to run my team. i dont have a problem with him interviewing for the as yet to be vacant head coaching job. if the owner wants to interview you, you should do it. its his flip flopping on whether he did or didnt and his prevaricating on everything about the situation which rubs me the wrong way. and now saying he didnt know wooten was associated with the pollard alliance. either he's lying or stupid, either way, not a head coach in my mind.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | January 4, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21

He came across as a fiery guy on "Hard Knocks" - he's had a difficult year losing his wife a few months ago.

Posted by: Lisa_R | January 4, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 4, 2010 9:34 AM

I think Zimmer coached defenses in the NFC East, so it makes sense. How was Zimmer's defenses during that time? I know he could be a better coach now, but I'm curious.

Posted by: TWISI | January 4, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21
======================

Article about this from a week ago on PFT:

This is probably old news, but new enough to me. I hope to god Slowik doesn't end up as our DC. The Broncos Defense was TERRIBLE!!! Sounds like we might have some misplaced loyalty issues already with Shanahan.

Zimmer has done a good job in Cincy, and I base that solely on anecdotes. I have no idea what his defense is like. I hope its aggressive.

Posted by: REXskins | January 4, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

flound, who is Zimmer?? whats his first name??

I just want an attacking defense, one that differs from week to week depending on the opponent, and takes that opponents strong points, and neutralizes them.....

which combined with the offense that scores 25 plus points per game, and you've got a winner...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 4, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Jim Zorn brought this on himself. Feeling sorry for him is like feeling sorry for someone with a massive hangover. It's their own damned fault. Man's got to know his limitations.

If JZ had a record as a team-building guy, he might survive a 4-12 season. Instead, he had trouble getting his young guys on the field until his hand was forced by injury. Fred Davis can play, but until Chris Cooley broke his ankle, Davis seemed a bust. Same goes for Rhinehart, Davis and Kelly. JZ was not giving these guys a chance. Which completely mystifies me. If the Redskins were serious playoff contenders, then yes, stick with the vets. Otherwise, get those young guys in there and let them learn.

What, are you afraid they'll lose you a game to the Lions?

I see Bruce Allen's hiring as very interesting. Allen's got a lot of contacts around the league, I don't know if Cerrato was that kind of guy. What happens next depends entirely on whether or not 2010 is an uncapped year. If it is, I expect lots of trades, as well as teams cutting non-performers with big contracts. Without a salary cap hit, you can treat signing bonuses as sunk costs. Then teams like WAS can trade value to small markets in return for draft choices. DET and CLE could make a huge moves in an uncapped year.

Now that the regular season is over, it is time for the Redskins to commence dominating the off season.

As usual.

Posted by: dpc2003 | January 4, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ItsOver2 | January 4, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Beaner, you should remember Don Zimmer. He's going to be the Redskins Zombie DC.

Posted by: dpc2003 | January 4, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

On Zorn's firing,
He was a good man, but not a good coach, Snyder is a bad owner but he wants to win, Security escorting zorn could be Zorn's own wish.
The Skins pick 5th, not 4th - correct me if I am wrong

Posted by: Skins2 | January 4, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Zimmer was the DC in Dallas in the late 90s. Even Parcells retained him.

I agree completely with dcsportsfan1 about Gray. The guy has made himself to be untrustworthy. His interview with Kelli Johnson last night was ridiculous. Talked about leadership but exhibited none - ripping on players doing the playing and not coaches. And to "interview" for a job that the guy he reports to makes one wonder about loyalty.

Redskins need to completely clean house. Allow Bugel to retire gracefully and with honor and dignity. Then kick the rest the hell out.

Not a Shanahan fan -- think he's overrated and it's a fair question about what did he do with the Raiders and with the Broncos post-Elway. And, he's never coached in the NFC. But he would be an improvement over the current lot - then again, most anyone else would be, too.

Posted by: dsda3731 | January 4, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

flound, who is Zimmer?? whats his first name??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 4, 2010 9:40 AM |

Mike Zimmer defensive cordinator of the Bengals.

He was also DC for Dallas and Atlanta.

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 4, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Zimmer the fellow from Cinci whose wife passed during this season?

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 4, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I hope they cut the guys who smile and laugh after they drop a pass, miss a block/tackle, whatever. Smoot and Tryon dropping those int’s for example. Give me a Gary Clark, who when he f’s up he gets so po’d at himself that you know the Gatorade table is going down, and then he’s going to the coach or QB and demanding that they call his number again for redemption. This team needs to get some heart in addition to new head coach. Let’s hope that Shanny can light a fire under these guys.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | January 4, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Has anyone ever thought about, or reported on, Snyder's penchant for hiring coaches that he essentially hero-worships? Is there some underlying psychology here than might be explored?

Posted by: dsda3731 | January 4, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Can his SJK'n A$$, too. And I don't wanna see Danny Smith anywhere near this franchise either.

Can we get some new training/med staff around here, too?!?

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 4, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

On Zorn's firing,
The Skins pick 5th, not 4th - correct me if I am wrong

Posted by: Skins2 | January 4, 2010 9:43 AM |

Your wrong the Skins pick 4th.

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 4, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Mike Zimmer
Defensive Coordinator Cincinnati; born June 5, 1956, Peoria, Ill. Quarterback/linebacker Illinois State 1974-76. No pro playing experience. College coach: Missouri 1979-1980, Weber State 1981-88, Washington State 1989-1993. Pro coach: Dallas Cowboys 1994-2006, Atlanta Falcons 2007, joined Bengals in 2008.

Posted by: alex35332 | January 4, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

The Skins pick 5th, not 4th - correct me if I am wrong

Posted by: Skins2

Wrong. We pick 4th. We have tiebreaker (weaker SOS) over KC.

And I think Zimmer is the fellow from Cinci whose wife passed during this season?

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 4, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

"I have no idea what his defense is like. I hope its aggressive."

I guess y'all didn't watch the bengals' defense get manhandled by the jets last night.

Mike Zimmer is a former cowboys' coach.

Not that that matters.

But what does is his willingness to use 3-4/4-3 looks.

Orakpo, Haynesworth, Landry, Wilson, Blades, McIntosh, and Rogers would all benefit from an aggressive, confusion based defensive approach.

Last night, it looked like the bengals played a variety of looks--not the same 'ol 4-3 defensive alignment play after play.

You gotta confuse NFL offenses or they figure out how to bet you.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 4, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Also, the skins need to clean house on the coaching staff.

Posted by: alex35332 | January 4, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Jim Zorn is a class act. Hopefully, he'll land with a quality owner and then he'll get a real chance at producing a quality team.

Jim, you're in good company - Joe Gibbs couldn't make it work with Snyder and Cerrato either.

Posted by: SkinsFan2111 | January 4, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

So Zimmer was there for the MeAngelo episode...interesting.

Posted by: TWISI | January 4, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Mike Zimmer is a former cowboys' coach.

Not that that matters.

But what does is his willingness to use 3-4/4-3 looks.

You gotta confuse NFL offenses or they figure out how to bet you.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 4, 2010 9:47 AM |

Mista,

I guess you didn't see that the bengals weren't playing any starters. They also know they will play the Jets again next week so they didn't want to show them anything.

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 4, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Moe, on NFL.com it looks that Zimmer uses a 4-3 at least they are listing their depth chart that way, and they do distinguish.

Posted by: alex35332 | January 4, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Redskins draft 4th?!?

Taylor Mays, baby!

/snark

Posted by: dpc2003 | January 4, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | January 4, 2010 9:50 AM |

He was a 4-3 coach and then when Parcells came to Dallas he switched to the 3-4 because thats what Parcells wanted so I think he can coach either defense depending on players.

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 4, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I feel lighter knowing Zorn is gone, sorta like post 3 cups of coffee bathroom break with sports section....

Yes Zimmer is the coach who lost his wife, so maybe lets go light on the jokes/what has he ever done routine this AM.

And I am w/Red, if I see Rooney Rule again I'm a gonna puke!!!!!! (and I am a supporter...!!)

Posted by: chrislarry | January 4, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Redskins draft 4th?!?

Taylor Mays, baby!

/snark

Posted by: dpc2003 | January 4, 2010 9:52 AM

Oh hell no!!

Posted by: TWISI | January 4, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

"I saw coach Gray's interview with Lindsay Czarniak during the postgame show. He was a total arse and treated her very disrespectfully. Washington doesn't need or want people like him."

Posted by: ItsOver2

Do you mean Kelli Johnson? If you do, I haven't the slighest idea what you're talking about. In no way whatsoever was Gray was disrespectful. He isn't going to answer questions, and the media and some you here on RI are just going to have to get over it!

Could it be that Gray is under instructions from Dan Snyder not to speak to the media regarding interviews for the head coaching job which is, I mean, was occupied by Jim Zorn?

And if you think that Gray did Zorn dirty or Blache did Williams wrong:

If you worked on a job, and everyone in your department knew that more than likely the postion under the head of the department was going to be possibly up for grabs, and your supervisor was speaking to individuals in the department about the postion that maybe opening up soon, you're telling me that you WOULDN'T at least meet with your boss, or even interview, because someone still holds the postion? Even if they're a dead man walking?

BULLS_IT!!!

Posted by: RedDMV | January 4, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | January 4, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

What a nightmare this season was. Im glad Zorn finally can get out of here and start building fireplaces again. It's also good that Blatche didnt even go in the building what a way to say f#*k off. I feel so bad for the team and Redskins Nation I just hope the next coach knows what kind of fans we really are when we dont play well. his head is already on the chopping block he just dosent know it yet.

HTTR!!! rip#21 4ever

bring back the gold pants we need a new image. HTTR!!!

Posted by: cpt55back | January 4, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

cl wanting to get his point across with the double post...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 4, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Russ Grimm as O-Coordinator (HC in waiting)
B Mitch as Special Teams coach...

Neither is true but you could wish...

Every player drafted should have OL or LB next to his name in the position area. As we see in places like PB/NE/and the even the Ravens - LBs are the lifesblood of the team (after the lines)

Posted by: ssh1549 | January 4, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

flounder21

"I guess you didn't see that the bengals weren't playing any starters."

If you want to talk football, I did.

It's funny how the bengals get C Palmer back from injury and play more like an NFC East, run-based team.

Ochostinko has never impressed.

I wonder if TJ Housmanshonah is happy as a well paid seahawk.

I was really impressed by the jets' offensive line.

They have an awesome right guard in Brandon Moore.

They spent serious money to get A Faneca, who was unhappy as the stillers didn't want to pay him what he wanted.

Nick Mangold, D Ferguson: those are two draft picks that have done well for gang green.

Perhaps that's the path B Allen will follow.

Can the redskins' offensive line be re-built on the fly?

We'll see.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 4, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 4, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

A fair point of concern, every head coach Zimmer has had was a Defensive coach, Parcels, Phillips, Smith, Lewis. So does that mean he may lack the "running the show" experience?

Posted by: alex35332 | January 4, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

"He (M Zimmer) was a 4-3 coach and then when Parcells came to Dallas he switched to the 3-4 because that's what Parcells wanted, so I think he can coach either defense depending on players."

And that's the kind of guy we want in DC.

At least I do.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 4, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Washington doesn't need or want people like him."

Posted by: ItsOver2

Gray is exactly the type of guy we want..in the Tony Dungy, Marvin Lewis, etc - no nonsense super good football minds. If he stays to coach the D - we would be lucky. If he is a HC - that team will be lucky.

Posted by: ssh1549 | January 4, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

I have a good friend who plays on the Cincy D. He says Zimmer is an incredibly intense, no nonsense coach who believes in an aggressive, disruptive defensive scheme. He plays to win, not "not to lose". We need some of that around here!

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | January 4, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

I don't want any former Dallas Cow Boys in here any more, ever.

Duane Thomas. Boo. Alvin Harper. Boo. Deon Sanders. Boo!! Norv Turner. Double-Boo!!

F Dallas! F their overweight, greasy, smelly fans. F their plastic boobed cheerleaders. F their pudgy coach, their cheap-shotting defense, their classless QB, their clutching OL, and their sideline-walking, prime-time interviewing, Botoxed hillbilly of an owner.

Posted by: dpc2003 | January 4, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | January 4, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

He was DC in Dallas from 00-06 and he'd been in Big D since '94 so he coached under Switzer,Gailey and Campo as well.

I don't know if they were defensive or offensive guys because they all sucked balls but I think the defenses were pretty good most of those years.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 4, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

It'sOver2: Dude; what are you talking about he was interviewed by KJ of Comcast Sports on Redskins post game live and in no way was he disrespectful, she asked him some questions and he answered the one's he thought were pertinent to the the conversation he was a little evasive when she asked him about the H/C position but he wasn't at all disrespectful.

Posted by: dargregmag | January 4, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

thanks to everyone saying that I was wrong. that is the way to start the week.

Posted by: Skins2 | January 4, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 4, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Checking Zimmer's stats his Dallas defenses were very good almost always in the top 10.

The Bengals defense is 4th this year he could be a good fit here.

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 4, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

At least there are/should be 4 excellent games on Sat and Sunday…..really hope that the Eagles can bounce back in Dallas. Hopefully the Boys are getting pretty full of themselves and might be a bit too cocky. Although I couldn’t tell you the last team to post consecutive NFC East divisional shutouts….that’s pretty impressive. I guess we will see if Andy Reid can make the needed adjustments……someone on the Eagles needs to jackhammer Miles Austin early on in the game….his little celebrations are getting “Irvin-esque”……

Posted by: dlhaze1 | January 4, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: REXskins | January 4, 2010 9:39 AM

Take it from someone that lives near Cincy, Mike Zimmer is a good d coach and does it with lesser known talent. Aggressive coach...4-3 d.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 4, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Beeps

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 4, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Now that I've said that about former Cow Boys, I'll say this about interview skills.

I don't care what kind of interview a guy is, whether he's polite, sarcastic, rude, or whatever. Media skills do not interest me, and I should hope they don't interest Allen and Synder. I can think of several very good coaches that don't deal well with the media.

Parcells and Belichick (sp?) come to mind.

Posted by: dpc2003 | January 4, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Under the Bruce Allen/Dan $nyder regime, you might as well rename the Rooney Rule the Macaca Rule, which will be overseen by the S.R. Sidarth Alliance.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | January 4, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I did a quick check:
Switzer-offense (created the wishbone)
Gailey- offense
Campo-defensive

Posted by: alex35332 | January 4, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I will just be glad when this version of Ringling Bros. left town and the new version roles in.

And a word to the 'homers', those that bleed Burgundy & Gold:

We are on the SAME side.

We both want the team to do well. We both want SB runs, NFC East Championships as well as NFC Championships. We all want Dallass and Philly and the Giants to get pounded when they play.

The fact that we point out the flaws with Snyder and his running of this franchise does not mean we want this team to fail...In fact, we want Dan to LEARN from his mistakes, to realize that his ego is not bigger than the INSTITUTION that the Skins have become. He has not been a good steward, he has mistreated the fans/paying customers, he has disrespected the former Greats that have made this team that INSTITUTION, he disrespects his own employees (see washingtoncitypaper article), and such actions have made him a pariah in this town and a laughingstock around not just the NFL, but Pro Sports.

He is routinely grouped with Al Davis, Donald Sterling, the Ford family, Peter Angelos, etc. for being the most inept owners in Pro Sports, spending not withstanding.

So we that bang on the Danny are not banging on the Skins that lay it on the line all week long and 'twice' on Sundays...we want ownership that does what is necessary to win rather than follow a methodology that puts the whims of the owner first and the needs of the team/fans last.

Posted by: kahlua87 | January 4, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

What would make you think Zimmer would leave Cincy to come to Washington after a successful run this year?

Posted by: rlomax67 | January 4, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

BTW... HATC?

Posted by: rlomax67 | January 4, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Gray is a lying, bumbling idiot. Nuff said.

Posted by: bestmick1 | January 4, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

This is another clear reason why the Rooney Rule is a joke. Teams should be able to hire whom ever they thnk gives them the best chance to win. If you were a minority, why would you want to have a placated, interview just so a team could hire who ever they want? Is there going to be a rule instituted, maybe call it the Largent Rule. All teams have to give a white wide receiver a chance to make a team, or maybe a hispanic running back. We could call that some rule too.

Posted by: flashash | January 7, 2010 3:02 AM | Report abuse