Morris, Gruden weigh in on Allen hiring by Redskins

It wasn't just the Redskins' locker room that abuzz with news of the hiring of Bruce Allen. His last NFL stop was in Tampa Bay and Bucs coach Raheem Morris told local reporters today that he wishes Allen "nothing but the best in all games except for one."

"I'm really excited about that. Bruce has been one of the guys that has been integral in my growth and development," said Moore. "I am really excited about him landing on his feet, having another opportunity. He's got a really good organization up there in the Redskins. I am happy for him and his family. I actually texted him and told him congratulations and asked to use his house."

ESPN's "Monday Night Football" analyst Jon Gruden on Allen, with whom he worked in Oakland and Tampa:

"Bruce Allen is a great football mind and an even better person. His background and understanding of the Washington Redskins' tradition will be a huge asset to the Redskins. He is a leader and a great fit for this job. He's a big reason why I had any success in coaching. I'm really happy for him and I wish him the best."

By Rick Maese  |  December 17, 2009; 4:39 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: George Allen says his brother is 'a perfect fit'
Next: And the Redskins' next coach will be ...

Comments

Snyder has the NFL/Media/Bloggers wrapped around his finger!

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 17, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Moore? You mean Morris?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

On the radio earlier today, former Va senator George Allen was asked about his brother's new job with the Redskins, "Our whole family has been with the Redskins since my father starting coaching here, nearly 40 years ago. Its family to us. So we are all excited to see Bruce get this position and we know he'll do a much better job than macaca did."

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

And....

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Too may Beeps... No mas.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 17, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

4th please....you didn't "book" this move...now you are in full spin mode.....just stop.

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2009 4:34 PM

You're right....I booked Vinny staying.

So what??

No Spin.....Snyder is the one spinning you guys along....Vinnie was just the sacrificial lamb to please the Redskins Community (Beat Reporters, Fans, bloggas).

Now...I am not saying Allen is a bad thing....I am saying I see nothing new so far. And no one should give them credit until they see real change.

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 17, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

So lemme ask you all this, esp those who think Zorn must go:

Why not tender JC and give JZ one more year. Team's playing well right now; Zorn may not be play-calling, but he's still gameplanning and they are still playing hard for him. Gruden's on Easy Street right now, making seven figures to call one game/week; if we don't contend in 2010 and his buddy Bruce come knockin, he'll answer. Give Zorn a third year.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

I just listened to him on the John Thompson show, he talked about the opportunity to have 3 games to evaluate things, that he's not going to rush into anything, that he is looking forward to getting to know Zorn and the rest of the front office staff, and he's excited about returning the Skins to glory and that "I have the responsibility for running the organization". That all sounds great to me.

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 17, 2009 3:39 PM

Me too. There is a lot to like about this ... but something just feels like The Owner has done this before ... pulled a plash move when the fan base is despising him most for his meddling in the football part of the "football business." He reaches into the team's past and pulls out a nugget to distract everyone ... just like he did with Gibbs v.2. For this reason alone, I think they will hold off a year or two before bringing in Doug Williams ... just wait till its necessary to bring in another distraction.

Also, I am on crack and do think Zorn should come back to fill out his contract ... so the team can keep the same offensive philosophy for longer than it takes to go through a gallon of milk. Frankly, keep everything just like it is right now ... Zorn, Lewis, Smith, and Bugel ... only get ready to replace Bugel because he is the most important position coach ... because offensive line is the most important position to win the running game on a regular basis ... which you have to do to win games (run the ball to win the game, throw the ball to score points). Bugel is getting on in year, so keep him for as long as he wants to coach, but get an assistant underneath him ready to step up when called. Depth and offensive line are not used regularly in DC, at player or at coach. [Also, keep Hunter Smith, Danny Smith, Graham Gano ... and go back to the well on return men.]

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 17, 2009 3:39 PM

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Funny when the dude 4th, gets one of his sure fire "book it" locks wrong. He goes on this kinda pouting mode... very funny...

The man will go at great lengths to defend his stance, as to say: 'I don't give a f what they do, 'casue I'm still right!'

It reads funny at times, and it may sound like he's bitter when it doesn't go like he "booked" that it would.

But that doesn't mean that it's completely baseless and non-substantial.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

4th....you obviously are light on sleep due to new bambino....so I will let the silly stuff slide...

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

So lemme ask you all this, esp those who think Zorn must go:

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse ..

Playing well right now???? you mean an improved offense that resulted in all of one win against the Jamarcus led Raiders? Before last week Zorn was still an idiot for his poor playcalling, lack of aggression and another loss. One win against the only other franchise in the league that might be more dysfunctional than us doesn't change that. Keep JC? Absolutely, mobile, tough, big arm, good guy, he's fine for a rebuilding process. Fix the whole roster around him, see how he does, and if he still is mediocre then go find the QB. But Zorn? Heck no, he's regressed as a coach, he's been stripped of every responsibility he was given and the team improved. Zorn is dead weight and must go.

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 17, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor

Huh? This is new. The single most influential person (aside from the owner) in the organization -- for a decade -- is out. We're all hoping this is change for the better. But it is new.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

This is what we all wanted, this season can't end fast enough. GO GET GRUDEN.

Posted by: wewbank1 | December 17, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Plus 4th...we all know who is a better gm between the two us!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: swowra | December 17, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

4th = Pabrian

Posted by: ksquare | December 17, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2- how can you disagree they are playing well? If our kicker doesn't completely choke, we beat Dallas and NO. Also had a late lead against Philly. Those three games bookended by wins over Denver (playoff contender) and OAK (admittedly not a marquee win, but they have beaten PHI and PIT). Not sure how Zorn's game mismanagement cost us either game (DAL/NO).

End of the day, if Bruce Allen's hiring has any teeth those losses will prove a blessing in disguise. But I think it's still too early to write Zorn off as dead weight. But it's a fickle lot, and he probably will go.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Allen's hiring does make Gruden the odds on favorite for the HC job. As some have pointed out, Gruden may want to keep his current lifestyle a while longer.

Which means that the Skins may need to look elsewhere for a HC. Shanahan? Too big an ego to let someone else run personnel. Holmgren? I get the sense he wants the upstairs job. Cowher? Maybe. I never got a sense Cowher wanted lots of power.

But I also think the door for top coordinators is open. As I said before, wouldn't shock me to see Harbaugh leave Stanford and come here. Ryan, the d coach in Cleveland(?) is another name that wouldn't surprise me.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor

A whole lot of that going around within the last year or so... This basically what I've been saying all day about Bruce Allen. Simply suggesting lets see how the offseason goes before we start encrusting Bruce Allen's crown with burgundy diamonds.

But no, I was accused of simply not liking Bruce Allen because I said I didn't like George Allen, when I CLEARLY stated that I had NO PROBLEMS with Bruce.

Then some idiot assclown, comes and co-signs the bs without anything real to back up either claim.

So watch what you say about Bruce Allen, 4th. There are those who have already crowned your boy...

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully Allen will put an end to the playcalling circus at season's end. If that means that Zorn has to go so be it. If they can work something out where Zorn stays, maybe with Lewis as OC or not, than I could live with that too. I'm just happy that by all appearances we'll have a legit GM making that analysis and decision.

Posted by: skinswest | December 17, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Not sure how Zorn's game mismanagement cost us either game (DAL/NO).

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

Not paying attention, I guess

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

That hug's a standing offer buddy

HAPPY HOLIDAYS SKINS NATION!!! Even you DMV

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Plus 4th...we all know who is a better gm between the two us!

Posted by: chrislarry

You guys can settle it in next week's FF consolation game

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

zJack, I thought Zorn did OK against the Cowboys and the Saints, but concede that the NFL is a group effort. I also disagree with the bit about being stripped of every responsibility he was given. That he doesn't make the initial call on when to pass/throw or, if to pass, what the play is, isn't every responsibility. I get the bit about how you (and chRIs LaRrY) aren't happy with him. I just think blowing up an entire offense (AGAIN) isn't a good idea until they actually get an offensive line and running game together, esp. now that the passing game (Zorn's playbook) is finally installed.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

I'd like Gruden, but am not really enticed by the other big names being thrown out there.

Let's say Gruden/Shanahan/Holmgren aren't available. Let's also say, Allen wants to keep some continuity with the West Coast Offense philosophy (since it's also his background).

What WCO influenced coordinators or assistants would we go after? Who could be a good fit?

Posted by: manifested | December 17, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Not sure how Zorn's game mismanagement cost us either game (DAL/NO).

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

Not paying attention, I guess

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

actually i was at the NO game, in the end zone where Suisham missed the kick sthat cost us two games? I guess that was Zorn's fault? Wait, I know...Zorn paid Suisham to miss them so JZ would be fired. That way he gets all the money on his contract.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm not arguing that they are playing better they absolutely are. But they have still found ways to lose and they have been simple mental things. Things that shouldn't happen, a WR shouldn't get deep for a TD on the game deciding drive and then talk about how he'd do it again with no consequences. Yes Suisham missed a chip shot but they had been running up and down the field all day on the Saints and yet 1st and goal on the 4 it was three dive plays and settle when there was still plenty of time for an offense like the Saints to score a quick TD and recover an onside to kick a field goal. One bootleg, one play action anything to at least take a shot at scoring the TD. Every time he's stepped in to call plays since the Sherm switch during the two minute drill the team as flounder and/or turned the ball over. He consistently wastes 2nd half timeouts in close games for no big deal things that bite us in the you know where at the end of games. The team went from 13 points a game and a 30% 3rd conversion rate to 22 points a game and a 60% conversion rate when Zorn was removed. Why in the world does anybody think he should be retained? Just because a group of backups scratching to get jobs in this league and put positive play on film to audition for this league plays hard and improves? He doesn't motivate anyone, they are playing for their pride, their paychecks, and their livelihood, it has very little to do with Zorn.

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 17, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

I think it is hilarious that 99.5% of this blog thinks Zorn's firing is a done deal. Don't get me wrong- that's still more likely to happen than not. But I don't think by any means he's dead man walking.

I'll call my shot right now- JZ gets a 3rd year. Chipotle burrito- any takers? Come on 4th, you still owe me from that pre-season ticket.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

the WORST thing Bruce Allen can do is hire a big name coach... his job is to find the next Mike Tomlin type head coach.

Posted by: joek443 | December 17, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Not sure how Zorn's game mismanagement cost us either game (DAL/NO).

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

Not paying attention, I guess

Posted by: zcezcest1

Wow, really _LMG?

How about not going calling a stretch running play, or any running play at all three times in a row?

How about being all but eliminated from playoff contention, you roll the dice and you take at least ONE shot at the end zone?

How about not playing for the field goal, and playing for more points, by I don't know... TRYING TO SCORE A FREAKIN' TOUCHDOWN!?!?! How about not trusting Suisham to be clutch at anything except being clutch at shanking FGs and KOs?

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

... Which means that the Skins may need to look elsewhere for a HC. Shanahan? Too big an ego to let someone else run personnel. Holmgren? I get the sense he wants the upstairs job. ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 5:05 PM

Oh, also, just b/c I think Zorn should fill out his contract and that the team should try for some continuity from one season to the next on offense, I have no illusions that anyone other than Shanahan his going to be the head coach ... because that's who The Owner wants. [And The Owner doesn't care WHAT 4th Floor, zJack, chRIs LaRrY, or I think.]

Also, Holmgren is going to take the gig in Cleveland.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

--------------------

Come on now, Red. You made it clear when it was brought up that associating Bruce with his brother's racist bent was perfectly acceptable and used Marcus and Mike Vick as an example to illustrate your point. Then you were bitter that folks were happy with the hiring. I don't disagree with you that whether or not Allen will be a good GM here is unknown for now. Still, stating you have no problem with the guy, while claiming he carries his brothers comments via guilt by association makes any "no problems" comments by you fishy, especially considering your history on these subjects. I don't post often, but I read the blogs - all of them. So I've seen enough of your postings to know where you stand.

At this point, you just sound PO'ed that someone called you out on it.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | December 17, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: joek443 | December 17, 2009 5:16 PM

I think I get a burrito on this one, but the next coach, but Mike Shanahan is white and does not wear a puffy coat ... and Bruce Allen likely already has been told who that he is going to be responsible for the Shanahan hire.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:15 PM |

Make that 99.6%. He's gone.

Posted by: bones21 | December 17, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

maybe you're right zjfr2..but you know as well as I do that lots of teams in similar situations fold like a cheap tent. If you're gonna hold the head coach accountable for all the bad- as you should, he's the HC- you need to give him credit for the fact that they are still playing very hard. Of course he has lots of improvements to make- agreed that he gives away TO's like Snickers bars on Halloween- but let's not forget the guy had never even been an OC prior to 2008. But now he's got almost 2 yrs under his belt. I think he is starting to get it. And I think it's WAY too early to write him off. He's hungry and works hard. Will Gruden, who's already got his ring? I dont know

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Video on Zorn reacting to the new hire...

Posted by: swowra | December 17, 2009 5:02 PM

Zorn is begging to keep his job and has to be thinking (knowing) that the Skins have to win out (NYG, DAL, and @SD) to have any prayer of that happening. I'd bet he'd take the OC job if Shahanan was willing to take him. I agree with the critique though, the guy sure does sound timid.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:15 PM

Strangely enough, I now find myself in the 00.5% group. Call me crazy, but I don't think it's a fait accompli anymore.

Posted by: 4-12 | December 17, 2009 5:30 PM | Report abuse

chirp chirp ... sounds like F. Flintstone has slid down the dinosaur

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Actually, running 3 times was the EXACT right thing to do against New Orleans. You run almost two minutes off the clock. You protect the football. And you give your kicker a chip shot. For his career, Suisham had missed I think 1 kick inside 25 yds. I'll take those odds any day.

You can blame a lot on Zorn, no doubt. But to put the NO loss on his shoulders = beyond lame.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 17, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Not sure how Zorn's game mismanagement cost us either game (DAL/NO).

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

Not paying attention, I guess

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

funny stuff. Zorn made a huge mistake and didn't take time off the clock vs the Saints, giving them an extra 45 seconds to score, which meant they could use more of the field, etc. Can't fault him for the missed FG, though. Can fault him for not throwing for the end zone on 3rd down when the 2 minute warning was coming up and the clock would stop anyway. At least roll Campbell out.

The Skins went conservative vs dallas at the end, leaving Suisham a long FG. Zorn's call for a FG attempt on 3rd down with 15 seconds or so left in the half was nuts.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

To replace a player or a coach you have to find a willing candidate that is better than the incumbent.

Coaches aren't falling all over themselves trying to get to Ashburn.

I would be very surprised if Zorn lasts more than a few weeks after the regular season.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 17, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Those who think Zorn is gone are probably correct. Count me among them. He should be gone. But none of us really know Bruce Allen. As best as I can tell, he has never fired a HC. It was Gruden in Tampa during his time there and Al Davis did the hiring and firing in Oakland.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

I usually don't do this, but it's obvious that you lack reading comprehension, so I'll re-post what I posted earlier:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another more positive note, so Vinny Cerrato has excused himself over in Ashburn, huh? Well that sounds good and all, and I'm not to sold on Bruce Allen. Who did he draft? Why did his teams in Tampa suck so bad toward the latter of his time there? Still too many questions about him to get overly excited about his hire, IMO.

But that don't mean I can't cream my khakis, change, and then jizz my jeans over the departure of Vincent Cerrato though!!! It was time for him to resign/get fired a few years back. I will not miss him running the team. I really think he had more influence over Snyder and personnel decisions than what most of us would like to think. So with Vinny gone, will the Redskins start to make more logical personnel decisions? We'll see, if not then we'll know who the true culprit is.

And as far as Bruce Allen being blood brothers with that jackass d-bag George Allen, for those who can't understand why Bruce would be associated with George's views, let me ask you this:

What were your thoughts on Marcus Vick before he began to have his issues with the law?

I don't remember too many people being high on him, they quickly labeled him a thug, not a real QB, character risk -- the same labels they attached to Vick they attached to him.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 10:59 AM

So, IN CLOSING, because I refuse to entertain your ass anymore, what I was saying was that those Who could not understand why are people bringing up George Allen's views when discussing Bruce Allen, look at Mike and Marcus Vick.

Never said AT all that Bruce Allen was a racist, or because he's George Allen's brother, or that because people were willing to associate Marcus Vick with Mike but weren't to do it with the Allen brothers was a sign of racism.

And again, the post that I copied and pasted is from the "Bruce Allen Is On Board; Is Jon Gruden next?" thread, you tell me anywhere in the C&P post that I sound the least bitter about Bruce Allen being hired?

That is because you can't! Again, DO NOT put words in my mouth -- ESPECIALLY words that make me come off as negative... You're blatantly trying to paint a picture of me as a racist. Why? I haven't the slightest clue.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Coaches aren't falling all over themselves trying to get to Ashburn.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 17, 2009 5:35 PM

Personally, I hope we don't get coaches that fall all over themselves. We deserve co-ordinated coaches.

This coaching search will be very different from the Snyder/Cerrato deal.

Posted by: League-Source | December 17, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Notorious, I was at the NO game and if the Skins call one bootleg before the Shankapotomous does his thing, JC17 trots into the end zone for 6. No question.

Now, was that Zorn's call? I dunno.

How can Zorn stay as an OC if he's not calling plays? Who ever heard of an assistant head coach (gameplans)?

JZ is here as a head coach, without playcalling duties, or not here at all. There's precedent, which is Gibbs / Saunders / Grilliams. Maybe JZ is a head coach in that mold. The guys are certainly playing their butts off.

Have you noticed that the conventional wisdom went from "The team quit on Zorn" in Nov, to "They're playing for Zorn" in Dec?

Do you hear much "The problem's not the playcalling" anymore?

Here's my theory: JZ is a respected, well-liked guy in the locker room. But the defense is playing because Fletcher is leading it, and he has guys like Smoot, Big Al, and Rocky Mac, to back him up.

The offense is playing because of JC17 leadership -- and he's got guys like Heyer, Rabach, and Moss backing him up. Stephon may not be the best OL, nor a grizzled vet, but he's playing hurt and has a rep for settling scores. Dude is solid.

Now, if you're Snyder, do you bring in a HC who's a motivator, or do you let your leadership continue?

Posted by: dpc2003 | December 17, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Call me crazy, but I don't think it's a fait accompli anymore.

Posted by: 4-12 | December 17, 2009 5:30 PM

Its accompli, believe it. This is stage craft for the coronation of Shanahan. The only way Zorn stays is if Shanahan is convinced that he (Zorn) can and should have a role in Team Shanahan. LMG, I'm on a low carb thing ... does Chipotle have any non-rice blowritos?

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Is someone already calling Bruce Allen a bama?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | December 17, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 17, 2009 5:35 PM

Head coaching interviews can't overtly start till after the Super Bowl, which means that Shanahan can't talk to Zorn for the OC position till then.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

LMG, I'm on a low carb thing ... does Chipotle have any non-rice blowritos?

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:47 PM

You can get anything you want at Chipotle's restaurant. But, for no rice, your best bet is to ask for a salad -- comes with lettuce instead of rice.

Posted by: League-Source | December 17, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

"Still, stating you have no problem with the guy, while claiming he carries his brothers comments via guilt by association makes any "no problems" comments by you fishy, especially considering your history on these subjects."

Interesting, when did I suggest that Bruce Allen was guilty by association in that post? WHEN!?!?!

And "my history on these subjects"? -- LLS, A motherf__ker think just because I post up here, they know me. B_tch, you don't know me. You don't know what I think on a given subject other than Washington Redskins football.

When have I came up here and spewed racism, or screamed that the White man and slavery has/is holding me back? WHEN!?!?! If anything I'm THE EXACT opposite of what YOU'D like to think I am.

And that's the problem.

It's easy to draw conclusions about me due to the way I carry it up here, I know. You here the oft foul language, the disrespect, the outspokenness, and you automatically assume: Young, black, ghetto, dumb, bitter toward white people -- be honest, don't you?

Instead of calling me a bigot and racist, why don't you look in the goddamn mirror, jackass?

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Classic stuff, we rant and rave about getting a new Gm, boom we get one then the trashing begins, give me a break. Anyone is better than Cerrato!

Posted by: Istudydrugs | December 17, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dpc2003 | December 17, 2009 5:46 PM

This is a trick question, right? If you're Snyder, you bring in the PLASH!

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

I dunno,LS, if Chris Farley were still alive he's seems like he'd be on the short list.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 17, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:50 PM |

Is this a new rule? Head coaching interviews can start anytime, as long as a team has been eliminated from the playoffs. Even if not eliminated, there can be one, short interview.

Posted by: League-Source | December 17, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

I feel bad about the Chris Henry thing ... one of those bad boy turns things around tragedies ... like Sean Taylor. Totally crappy time of year for it to happen too.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 5:51 PM

Not true! You were very clear last week about one non-Redskins topic: "Giving head is a way of life." Okay, maybe it's Redskins related since they suck.

Posted by: League-Source | December 17, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

** Coffee Flats Reminder **

About an hour left to get your pick in for tonight.

** End Coffee Flats **

Posted by: 4-12 | December 17, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2009 5:56 PM

I'm not a fan of the comparison. While both are tragedy’s, there are very little comparisons between the two.

Henry didn't compare to ST on the field and ST didn't compare to Henry off the field.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 17, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Let's hope that Bruce hates Dallas as much as his Father did! F the Cowboys.

Posted by: VegasJim | December 17, 2009 6:27 PM | Report abuse

And that's the problem.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

----------

Riight. I MUST be a bigot and a racist because YOU act like an assclown, and after a gazillion posts by you acting as such, I come to a conclusion about your behavior.

...because you're either: A. full of it, and this is who you are, or B. REALLY this totally different guy, but you like to use this angry persona for whatever reason on the blog, which would just make you a poser.

"Young, black, ghetto, dumb, bitter toward white people -- be honest, don't you?"

Based on how YOU ELECT TO WRITE, I would say:

Young - yes, very rarely do older folks use your kind of language.

Black - sure. You actually take time to WRITE ebonics. Maybe not - plenty of young white kids talk that way these days, but I'd bet otherwise, and I think the odds would be in my favor heavily.

Ghetto - No, I don't think so. If by ghetto you mean poor, I don't get that impression from your writing. You may use words from the ghetto, but your messages translate to something different.

Dumb - Not. This one is a tough one to figure on anyone anyways. How can you tell if someone has a high IQ via posting? If by dumb you mean ignorant, not regarding the Redskins, no. I usually agree with you. On social issues, I'd say we agree to disagree, and I've felt some statements you've made are out of ignorance - but then again, you're telling me this is all a facade, so who knows?

Bitter toward white people - not until this issue came up. You excused the trashing of a man because his brother has shown himself to be a bigot. You could have ignored it, or come across with "don't lump him in like that. Marcus and Mike Vick were lumped in like that, and it was wrong". That isn't what you did though - instead you offered an excuse for other's racism. Typically, when someone does that, they are toeing the line with the folks their excusing, but not jumping full in the water with an out and out statement.

DMV, people come to conclusions based on other peoples behaviors. That isn't bigotry, or racism, it's reality. I make conclusions based on life experience - and so do you - hence calling me a "bigot and a racist" yourself, however erroneously.

If you don't like how you are pictured, and this isn't who you are, I'm not sure why you bother with the facade.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | December 17, 2009 6:45 PM | Report abuse

diatribe#7

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 17, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Allen is the new GM....Hip, hip hooray.....Hip,hip.....oh never mind, I'll wait until next year

Posted by: kingpenn1 | December 17, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

uh oh Robert Henson - who'll be working at McDonald's now? Now that ya boy Vinny is gone.

Posted by: coparker5 | December 17, 2009 11:34 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back Mr. Allen...this is what I want for Xmas: Please place a call to Russ Grimm. WOuld love to see him back with the team as Offensive Coord. And then maybe head coach after a year or two. Also I hate to say it, but its time for Bugel to retire. Also, please get a new special teams coach. Our special teams have soocked for years! Its also time for a new Defensive Coord and you probably already have him on the staff. Also please no more highest-paid-player-at-their-position free agent acquistions. Get young rising FAs who were middle round draft picks coming off their first contracts. Guys with something still to prove for a few years. And if you want to give Zorn one more year, I'm ok with that too, or not either way.

Posted by: oddjob2 | December 18, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse