Moss and Samuels; KGB Update

I hear that it's looking good for Santana Moss to be out there. Tackle Chris Samuels will be a game-time decision as well, and some teammates are expecting him to play. Right now, no one is doing much of anything out there - no warmups yet.

Also, wanted to update some people on DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, the Green Bay franchise sacks leader, who was released on Saturday. I do not see the Skins jumping right in on him, and I imagine a few other teams might, but I can report that he cleared waivers an hour ago, according to league sources.

The Redskins need a pass rusher, for sure, especially with Jason Taylor's health an issue all season. But I'm not sure this guy is what Greg Blache would look for.

His stats are impressive, but he's not really an every-down type guy. The defensive end had been with the team for nine seasons and appeared in 124 games, starting 74.

He had 74 1/2 sacks for Green Bay, passing Reggie White's 68 1/2 in 2007

At 31, though, he had only one sack this season and one start. He would be an Erasmus James type guy now, and the Skins have one of them (though James has given them nothing thus far). No one wanted to pick up his $6 million salary on waivers, but he could end up signed this week. If the Skins get involved I'll keep you posted.

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 3, 2008; 6:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Campbell Ready for Bye-Week Sleep
Next: No Sign of Samuels

Comments

We need Moss and Samuels. Not so much KGB.

Posted by: visionof75 | November 3, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Alex -- consider trading one of your 4 starting RBs for something I could offer you in FF?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

We need Moss and Samuels. Not so much KGB.

Posted by: visionof75

That's what I call accurate.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2008 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Smack my friend what happen yesterday? You guys looked like a JV team. LMAO!

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 3, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

on the dying time ... had an uncle who was a big NYG fan, but was very limited towards the end. He passed away the day after they were eliminated from the playoffs.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

James is a 2 year guy and 1st round pick. He presented value for 1 large per. KGB is overpriced and over the hill.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 3, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

go samuels!

go moss!

go portis!

GO SKINS!

the day is crawling by...

Posted by: dwdjmu | November 3, 2008 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Smack my friend what happen yesterday? You guys looked like a JV team. LMAO!

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 3, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Thanks JM, that's the nicest thing I've heard all day.

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 3, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Um, I don't know how to tell you this, but the suits are now talking about taking the blog down from 11-12 tonight.....

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 3, 2008 5:57 PM |
-------------------------------

Now, Cindy, you're not going to let The Man dictate blog hours, are you?

I got my tie-dye T-shirt on and I am willing to lay down in front of the WaPo server if that's what it takes to protect the blog.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 3, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse

According to espn 980, Moss is a go tonight.

Posted by: TWISI | November 3, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

That is what friend are for Smack. lol

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 3, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

This game will come down to TURNOVERS. If Campbell protects the ball, particularly when he is pressured and sacked and the secondary catches picks, the Skins will win this game. Big Ben throws some questionable balls and the skins must not let them slip through their hands. This is the game that Landry comes through.

Posted by: kreitmaster | November 3, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Taking the blog down during the game?? LMAO A SA WaPo MORONS, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 3, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

I still think Carlos gets Pic 6 tonight.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 3, 2008 6:51 PM | Report abuse

this game will come down to the final score!!! Whichever team has more points will win ;)you betcha!

M so sited can't hide it...

Posted by: dealer1 | November 3, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Vince Lombardi's, George Allen's, and Joe Gibb's absolute greatest assets were the positive prayer for the Redskins. Just remember how successful they were!

GO SKINS!

Posted by: captjim | November 3, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

All burg uniforms? LOVE IT!

that will look mean and tight with that helmet!

Posted by: leevi98 | November 3, 2008 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Ok The steelers...IT'S OUR TIME NOW....Dallas is done Eagles are who they are ...The Giants are now getting all the attention...They now come to us...IT'S OUR TIME NOW!

Sttelers are going down bayatches!!!!

HAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: leevi98 | November 3, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

beep beep :(

Posted by: dealer1 | November 3, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Let me ask the obvious--before I get beep-beeped..

Why is the Maroon and black wearing burgundy on burgundy?

Posted by: TheCork | November 3, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

+++Let's all give everything to root for our Redskins team tonight. I think that if we can please forget our small and insignificant differences on this weblog it will help us win. The power of positive prayer works!+++

Of course, because God has nothing better to do than grant the wishes of sports fans.

Posted by: TheCork | November 3, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse