Moss Confidently Waits for His Moment

In two games, Santana Moss, the Redskins' top wide receiver, has caught five passes for 41 yards. Only once, during a 79-catch 2008, did Moss go through a two-week stretch in which he caught fewer balls.

"That's something that the team got to deal with. I'm a player," Moss said Thursday. "I'm going to want more. But what can I do about it? All I can do is just keep doing my job. Maybe they'll see me one day. Y'all watch football. Y'all know what's going on. I don't have to sit here and tell you that I need something more. Teams are playing to me, so therefore, somebody else got to get open."

That, of course, hasn't happened with enough regularity yet. Second-year receiver Malcolm Kelly, who earned the starting spot opposite Moss during the preseason, has five catches for 47 yards, and Devin Thomas, also in his second year, doesn't have a catch yet. The bulk of quarterback Jason Campbell's throws have gone to tight end Chris Cooley (14 catches-151 yards) and slot receiver Antwaan Randle El (11 catches-137 yards).

"I can't control the things I can't control," Moss said. "The only thing I can control is be the guy I am, continue to practice hard, and when it all swings over, you'll see that circle on the field, they'll be showing the highlights, saying, 'Okay, here he goes, he got freed up and he made a play.'"

Last year, Moss's most explosive day came at Detroit, where the Redskins play this year. He caught nine passes for 140 yards - including a 50-yard touchdown - and also returned a punt for a touchdown.

"They might double the crap out of me, too," Moss said of the Lions. "I always expect the worst but hope for the best. All I can do is continue to be the player I am. I can't really worry about what's going on. I just feel like with me getting some of the looks I've been getting, somebody else is going to get a chance. If you play me like that the whole year, then hopefully that guy who's getting that chance has an outstanding year, you know what I mean? Just one of those years that's going to make you say, 'Man we got to do something different.'

"But I'm very confident just knowing the guy that I am, when I do get the opportunity, I'll show up. So I'm not tripping about it."

Still, Moss said he was hopeful that coverages would roll away from him if Kelly or Thomas established himself as a legitimate threat. He said it hasn't happened yet.

"I didn't expect the first two games to have guys pressing on me, safeties over the top," he said. "Even when you think the safety's blitzing on your side, the back side safety's coming over the top. I mean, it's weird. But I guess you can say they know something that hopefully that everybody else know."

Coach Jim Zorn made a concerted effort to target Moss in the Redskins' 9-7 victory over St. Louis last Sunday. But he said he can't just force the ball to his top wideout.

"I can just tell you we're trying," Zorn said. "Our effort is there. I think it would be a real problem if you'd see him coming to my office going, 'What's up man? What about me?' So I think he realizes that we're making efforts, and we're going to continue to do that."

Moss, for his part, is trying to be professional about the lack of production. His longest catch is for 21 yards. After two games last year, he had 12 catches for 201 yards, including a 67-yard touchdown.

"I'd be an expert if I had a solution for what we going through, or knew more," Moss said. "At the end of the day, I'm a player that's hungry as all outdoors, and trying to be all I can be for this team, whether I'm going to take a couple of guys out of the formation by them covering me, or whether I'm going to beat a couple of guys. However I'm going to have to do it, I'm going to do it."

By Barry Svrluga  |  September 24, 2009; 4:23 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Win Would Be Step 1 for Redskins
Next: Balking at Talk-Radio Conversations

Comments

I like Santana Moss.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 24, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

You know, other then the OL, we have some fairly talented players across the field. Part of the problem is that the team does not know what to expect from Danny, relative to what he will do. The team does not know from year to year who Danny will sign, if the coach will be fired, etc. That cannot possibly do any good in building a consistent year over year effort from the Redskins. It's not necessarily WHAT he does - he spends the money to bring the big free agents and he spared no effort to get Gibbs back, but there's no overall strategy, which means there is no overall team mission, which means that our tactics change, year over year, because there is no plan.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 24, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

I hope Santana can make an impact. Normally I'd want to rip him up right now (a no.1 complaining about double teams) but I think he's a heck of a player and will make an impact sooner rather than later.

That fumble, though inexcusable, was kind of BS. The safety nearly pulled his head off by his helmet. I still don't know how that was seemingly ignored.

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | September 24, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Despite our many deficiencies, one clear positive about our players is their attitude. I think you can thank Gibbs and Zorn both for that.

Posted by: REXskins | September 24, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

"I can't control the things I can't control," Moss said.

Deep. Real deep.

Posted by: nojunk4me | September 24, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

A Moss with one watch always knows what time it is.

A Moss with two watches is never quite sure.

Posted by: REXskins | September 24, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

You always have to take a stab at the 2008 draft by constantly pointing out the lack of production by these young receivers, don't you? Some of it has to fall on JC and Zorn. These guys will produce, as will Moss. It's been 2 freaking games! It's not like we have Drew Brees at the helm...

Posted by: atkinsoncd | September 24, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

SkinsfaninKaneohe, you've contradicted yourself, first you say that Sellers is underperforming and should be cut, then you reference Vernon Davis.

This is Vernon Davis of the 49ers right? The #6 overall selection in the draft 3 years ago, who last year got KICKED OFF THE FIELD by his coach, and up to this point has been considered a bust. Is that the same Vernon Davis, or is there a different cat out there with that name...

Based on your logic, the 49ers should have cut him, right??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 24, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

The reason why we can't score in the red zone is because our receivers are too short. We've had short receivers for a long time. The last time we were good in the red zone was probably 1999(#2 in TDs). Michael Westbrook was 6-3. In 2005 we were 11th somehow. Outside of that we were around 20th or dead last. We are just easy to stop down there. We don't use the whole field. The defense just has to cover the middle of the field and front of the end zone. We have no threats to the back or the sides. We are making the red zone half the size it should be. We need to spread the defenses out. Let's ask a simple question. What WRs score the most TDs?

Larry Fitzgerald 6-3
Calvin Johnson 6-5
Anquan Boldin 6-1
Randy Moss 6-4
Tony Gonzales 6-5
Lance Moore 5-9
Terrel Owens 6-3
Greg Jennings 5-11
Antonio Gates 6-4
Andre Johnson 6-3

So why is Malcolm Kelly 6-4 on the bench in the red zone?

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | September 24, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Does Moss still wear a Polo shirt under his jersey?

Maybe it's Lacoste.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 24, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

TRADE MOSS and let's see what we got then.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 24, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Giants put Phillips on IR, land Rouse
Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2009 4:29 PM ET
Though word of the possibility surfaced earlier today, the news is still shocking.

Second-year Giants safety Kenny Phillips, a first-round pick who was delivering on his potential with two picks in two games, has been placed on injured reserve.

The team announced the move Thursday afternoon, not long after coach Tom Coughlin declined to talk about the situation.

Phillips, per the team, has patella femoral arthritis.

The player was stunned by the reality that Sunday night's game against the Cowboys would be his last of the year.

"It never crossed my mind, ever," Phillips said. "I knew the situation. I just felt I could push it through the season. So to get this news is a real shock."

"Unfortunately, it's a difficult time for all of us and for Kenny," Coughlin said. "Our concerns are about Kenny from an emotional standpoint, because this morning he looked like he'd lost his best friend. He's really down. But it's something the doctors felt was needed to be corrected right now, so what's in the best interest of the player is being done. I'm sure he'll rehab and be back with us in the spring."

Phillips will be replaced by Aaron Rouse, whom the Giants secured via waivers from the Packers.

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 24, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I like Moss...a lot...but how about try to get open?

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

FYI

Giants put Phillips on IR, land Rouse
Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2009 4:29 PM ET

Phillips, per the team, has patella femoral arthritis.

Posted by: TWISI | September 24, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Kenny Phillips is done for the year....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 24, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Vernon Davis = BUS-T-T-T-T

You can make the argument that he's had no one throwing him the ball that's good, and the fact that when have you seen a Mike Martz offense where the TE was a main threat.

Davis had his best season when Alex Smith and Norval was running the offense.

Norv love him some tight ends, per 93.9 KISS FM.

bean, he had to mean Vontae Davis.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 24, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Based on your logic, the 49ers should have cut him, right??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 24, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

He also calls DT11 a 'physically talented loser'

And then goes on to reference the great Vernon Davis' first 2 games this year while ignoring his first 3 years of doing nothing.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | September 24, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

"JReid - Can't put the blame on Kelly and Thomas if a) They don't see the field b) JC fails to accurately throw them the ball c) JC stares them down long enough for the DB to make a play d) Sellers has one drop and Zorn totally abandons the passing game."

Yea, that's what's happening. Both of those guys are running perfect routes, burning defenders, and consistently lighting up everyone in practice, but the stars are aligning against them to show their modest production.

Meanwhile Antwaan Randle El and Chris Cooley have zero problems getting open with the attention being paid to Santana Moss, Jason Campbell ONLY stares down Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, and Jason Campbell ONLY throws inaccurate passes in their direction. Clearly this team, from the head coach to the QB, wants those guys to fail.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head.

Posted by: psps23 | September 24, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I like Moss...a lot...but how about try to get open?

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

True cl.....how about putting Moss in the slot? Get him some of the middle stuff that has been going Cooley's way. Moss's YAC would be better than Cooley's.

Posted by: ksquare | September 24, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Moss is good, no doubt.

But when you have him on the outside where it's easy for the CB that's on him to get coverage over the top -- he's done.

I don't get it. Put the dude in the slot, at least 60-75% of the time and watch the dude work.

He should see more single coverage, Ain't no LB gonna keep up with Moss to double cover him, and they do assign LBs to shade him, then the running game should f'n flourish.

Lanes galore.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 24, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

The reason the slot is so open is because Moss is on the outside. Move Moss to the slot, and guess what? They're going to double Moss in the slot.

You do it once in a while to shake things up and make it unpredictable, but the slot isn't just some magic place where teams automatically designate LBs to cover WRs. It happens because the dangerous receiver is on the outside, and the defense adjusts its coverage as such, leaving the middle ripe. Once you make it predictable that the slot is where the danger lies, they'll adjust accordingly.

Just my .02.

Posted by: psps23 | September 24, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

"He also calls DT11 a 'physically talented loser'"

I think Devin Thomas has tons of potential, but to date he has done nothing to refute that statement/opinion.

They're how many games into the season? How many catches does he have? At least Moss has some what of an excuse. What's Thomas'?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 24, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

This just in

Because the Detroit Lions and the Washington Redskins are playing this weekend. The NFL has decided to move the game up from its 1:00pm scheduled start, and it is also switching the station because of the ticket sales in Detroit.

The game will now be Sunday morning at 8:00am on Telemundo.

Now back to your regular scheduled blogging.

Hopefully the offense can get something going this week against Detroit because up until now the only thing offensive about this team is its trademark law suit.

Posted by: GreatOne1 | September 24, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

"I can't control the things I can't control," Moss said.

Deep. Real deep.

Posted by: nojunk4me |

"It is what it is." --Every pro athlete & coach

"I yam what I yam"--Popeye

"I know I'm a man and so is Lola." --The Kinks

Posted by: TheCork | September 24, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Just my .02.

Posted by: psps23 | September 24, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

I think you're right and when JC goes to check down he sees the middle open and that's why Cooley and Randle El are getting a lot of production. I personally don't have a problem with it as long as we are moving the ball. Our problems are in the red zone. That's when we need Moss in the slot.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | September 24, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Maybe....but who's going to have single coverage on the outside? Kelly has a big height advantage over their DB's. With no safety help....mismatch.

Posted by: ksquare | September 24, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if by getting rid of Jansen and putting Randy Thomas on IR if we could qualify for a late tax credit under the Cash for Clunkers program?

Posted by: GreatOne1 | September 24, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

psps, where will the help come from for the double team?

Is the defense going to play a dime package and line up two CBs in the slot?

I'm saying put Moss in the slot most of the time to free the dude up... face one on one coverage. A LB could try and shade him, but that's it, cause he's not keeping up with Moss. And if he does try to actually cover him, then you draw their asses.

Again, running lanes galore.

If they do bring down their safety, then you kill 'em with out routes, and fades -- throw it over the top. Safety won't be able to play the middle of the field like that either since he'll be playing at an angle to help on the slot receiver, Moss.

Then you work 'em over the top in the middle.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 24, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: GreatOne1 | September 24, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

No can do. The clunkers program stipulates the clunker must be in working order and you have to have owned it for the last 2 years.

Posted by: ksquare | September 24, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

"He also calls DT11 a 'physically talented loser'"

Posted by: RedDMV | September 24, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I know he hasn't produced. But you cannot call Thomas that and then reference Vernon as a success. That was the only point I was trying to make. Davis produced almost nothing for his 1st 3 years.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | September 24, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Portis str8, in that context I see your point.

Vernon Davis = BUS-T-T-T

Can't block, can't get open, can't no nothing.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 24, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

psp, and red are both right....move Moss around! Should be lining up all over.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

I like moss, but he did fumble last week. That isn't exactly makkngvtge most on you opportunities.

I'm hoping for an offensive breakout, just like all the skins fans, but I think we should just stick to our game.

Run and play D. If we underestimate the Lions we are opening the door for trouble to come in.

Play your game Zorny there is nothing to gain but 1 win.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 24, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Here's a big surprise, JLaC just pickesd the Lions to win. So did Florio. WTF is going on when half the talking heads are picking an 0-19 team to beat us?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

what's going on is that they are conflating all of the booing at Fed Ex last week with the team's performance and adding two and two together and coming up with 5.

Picking the Lions to win presumes one thing and one thing only: That this is a demoralized team that has already written off the season.

Does anyone here really think that that is the case?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 24, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Embrace the negativity. The more they pick against, the more fun....and legit...it will be to beat the snot out of the Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word to press: DON'T pick the Skins to win!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

AH pick 6!

Book it!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

You mean the same guys who said Redskins would trounce the Rams last week?

Posted by: ksquare | September 24, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

An earlier poster said the game would also be blacked out by DirecTV. Can someone confirm or deny this?

Posted by: quinn3 | September 24, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

That's it - AH pick 6 - Embrace the NO!

I'm in your court CL!

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 24, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Firstly F Direct TV.

Secondly, I think they have to follow the same black out rules in the same markets...so if you are in that market its blacked out...but if you are in like lets say Florida you could watch.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Regarding DT11, let's be realistic: even if he does produce, his numbers won't be earth shattering, since he's WR4.

With Moss and Kelly on the outside, and ARE in the slot (and performing very well there), that doesn't leave a lot of opportunities for Thomas.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 24, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Loooooooooooooooooooooooove that chicken from POP....eyessssss

Posted by: RickyBobby | September 24, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Beanie, yeah that Vernon Davis, the one who got kicked off the field for underperforming and failng to act like a pro. His brand new coach lit a fire under his azz and he is now a team captain and playing very well.

My whole point is and has been that this team needs a fire lit under its butt to perform like professionals.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 24, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

A rickybobby sighting! welcome back.

Oh this got beeped on the blackout thread, but I believe it strongly and am reposting.

I really feel the NFL should show some good will with these blackouts:

1. The NFL makes the majority of their shared revenues on the huge TV contracts, which are based on viewers. If they keep offending viewers with blackouts that could hurt them.

2. The economy is in the tank, especially in places like Detroit. Typical NFL fans are actually the segments of the population taking hits. Sucks to have them take another hit.

3. The greed of the owners in terms of public money for stadiums, the personal seat liscenses, increased stadium seating spaces to luxury boxes and crazy conssesion prices is making harder for average fans to attend.

4. It only devalues the product if fewer games are on TV, especially with footballs as its the perfect TV sport.

To me, it would just be good business for the NFL to suspend the black out rules for two years b/c of the economy.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Firstly F Direct TV.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:45 PM |

That would make them false advertisers wouldn't it? They say every game every week. If you pay all that money and they don't play every game that could bring some trouble.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Thanks cL - that's what I thought. I'm safe in central PA.

Posted by: quinn3 | September 24, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Firstly F Direct TV.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:45 PM |

Posted by: ksquare | September 24, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 5:49 PM

You can be sure that it's covered in the fine print.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 24, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

scamp,

They have an "*" that states local blackouts apply.

Basiclly to negotiate the right to compete with local TV stations and the draconian rules of cable's monopolies and the right of local stations they had to 1. Carry local stations and 2. abide by laws of those local stations. Thus the blackouts.

You can't even watch the local game on the package channel. So like if you are in NYC and the Jets designated DTV NFL package channel is blacked out..sending you to channel "4" or whatever.

Again F direct TV. I detest them with my entire being.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Play your game Zorny there is nothing to gain but 1 win.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 24, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:49 PM

I would rather see the owners get more involved and lower ticket prices, have promotions, to attract fans to the stadium. Why can't the owner, Ford, in Detroit, give a break to all the workers that he laid off?

Other owners have given tickets away to get the numbers up to avoid the blackout. And, if they're playing the Redskins, who would want to pay full price to see either of those teams.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 24, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Why do you hate them so much cL. I feel that way about Dish Network. F'in lying, thieving basterds.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

"If you purchase the NFL ticket, you get to see all the NFL games, regardless of a local blackout.

Posted by: ksquare

Not exactly true, in those markets that fall under Detroit it will be blacked out on the Ticket.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

scamp:

What I really hate is the exclusivity of the NFL package on DTV. You should also be able to purchase it through your local cable provider. I would pay pretty much whatever they asked.

Getting a satelite dish is just not practical for many people living in urban areas. Especially renters. So we, and we are a lot of people, get screwed.

Also b/c of the contract the NFL can't do what MLB and the NHL do and offer a streaming web package. The NFL even has it already....outside the U.S. Again, I would pay a high price for this.

DTV knows this is an issue in major cities, so much so that they created a streaming package this season...in beta...IN FARKING MANHATTAN ONLY!!!

So I STILL can't pay any price to watch the game in my own abode like a civilized man! I mean there is zero-zilch-nada reason if your going to offer to Manhattan you can't do that for all 5 burroughs. I mean Manhanhttanites don't even care about FB!

oK RANT over...

ps TE: obviously I like cheaper seats by owners...aint happening...so just waive black out rules.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

ps: My buddy had the ticket for like 4 seasons, and I got used to it...but then b/c he couldn't get internet through them, he was forced to ditch for cable and cable modem.

Thus I tasted heaven and had it yanked away...

Whaaaaaaa!!!!!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Gotcha cL. makes ense. Isn't there a lawsuit over this?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

woops double post.

The rams beat us last year, this year we beat them. This is an indication that we are slightly better than last year. Similarly, vs the Giants last year 16-7 lost by 9, this year 23-17 lost by 6 and scored more points.

So far we look just a little better than last year. We were 8-8. A little bit better than that would be 9-7 or 10-6. 10-6 probably gets you into the post season.

So why is everyone freaking out? I started Kelly and randle el on a fantasy team and Campbell on another. I feel the hurt of no TDs, but all I really want are wins.

We won. It wasn't pretty. Good, if I wanted pretty I'd watch figure skating.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 24, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Well, isn't the solution obvious?

Send Moss deep every play. 1) It'll pull an extra defensive player away from the real play. 2) After a while, they'll have to ignore him, then he'll be open deep.

Posted by: charley42 | September 24, 2009 6:15 PM | Report abuse

scamp, no its all perfectly legal....just lame as a mofo.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 24, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

zc,
if they make it to the playoffs (either 10-6 or 9-7) but no further than that, will Zorn have shown enough, then?

Posted by: pgugino

fair question. this team is at high risk for injuries and we're 1 key down in game 2. Its not a deep team. Lots of eggs in a few baskets.

If this team stays healthy and finishes 9-7, I think Zorn deserves to go. He has 12-4 talent. However, if he gets to 9-7 with an OL that resembles the OL we ended 2008 with, he'll have done a very good job.

I don't think the record Zorn achieves automatically speaks to the quality of his work. But I suspect his bosses think their work was brilliant, so if we're 9-7 instead of 11-5, it'd be on Zorn.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 24, 2009 6:32 PM | Report abuse

santana and randle el should never be on the field at the same time, rotate them in the slot and let marko and kelly handle the outside stuff, thomas can run back kicks till he gets himself together

Posted by: coparker5 | September 24, 2009 6:41 PM | Report abuse

haven't seen much of Moss, so I don't why he isn't getting the ball. Campbell has been on target with Cooley and ARE, so its very possible other teams are scheming Moss out of the picture.

Do we run the bubble screen to get Moss the ball? Sure. I know it didn't work vs the jints, but most teams don't have the jints defense.

Fundamentally, the passing game isn't broken. The OL, the QB and most of the receivers are performing at levels between adequate and very good.

The running game is looking pretty suspect, because while the OL has provided adequate pass protection, it hasn't provided room to run.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 24, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Santana needs to hold onto the ball.

Posted by: MPNangle | September 24, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Moss better get his moment this week...my fantasy team depends on it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 24, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Santana needs to hold onto the ball.
And Atogwe needs to let go of Santana's helmet.

Posted by: daggar | September 24, 2009 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Wanna here my theory...

Offensive production has plagued this team for years for the following reasons:

1) Inferior or overpaid talent...Who's afraid of James Thrash and ARE? Brandon Lloyd was a bust...Mark Brunell was washed up when we got him.

2) The conversion of Clinton Portis into a power back...Clinton Portis used to be a speed back but Gibbs turned him into a between the tackles back. Continuing to run this offense through Portis is a big part of our problem. Defenses know...Portis on 1st down...Cooley in passing situations because we got Moss doubled.

3) Old, aging offensive line COUPLED with a gun shy QB...most people point at the O-line, but Campbell has time to throw. I watched the Giants game the other night. The pocket collapsed around Eli all night, but the speed at which he made his decisions and got the ball out was impressive and what JC doesn't do.

4) A head coach that does not maximize his talent...You've got Kelly, Thomas, Mitchell, Davis...but you continue to overcommitt to the vets.

Having said all of this...I think we should give Zorn some time.

Posted by: rickyroge | September 24, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

I think the main thing about this season is: this SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

Posted by: noseman4681 | September 24, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

the lions have to win eventually...the skins are prime real estate for that

Posted by: BMACattack | September 24, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

zeke -- catching up from yesterday:
With state of the right side of our OL, sweep left is the new middle dive. If you asked the coach "should I fall down even if I lose two yards", the answer would've been "yes, but cut back before you face that decision and score me a TD". Betts thought he could turn the corner; he was mistaken.

On the passing, I thought the shovel pass to Portis was a great call -- spread the defense and run it in -- particularly if JC's ankle was a concern.
The pass to Sellers was a checkdown, but Big Mike is a big boy and should've handled it.
The pass to DT was a desperation throw, JC put it in a safe place (his #1 priority at the time), DT could've made the catch but with the velocity of the ball and the short distance between QB and WR, I'm inclined to grade that liberally.

Posted by: daggar | September 24, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

the lions have to win eventually...the skins are prime real estate for that

Posted by: BMACattack | September 24, 2009 7:09 PM |

Who says the Lions have to eventually win?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Skins win by 3+ scores or I'm done blogging until the bye. Book it.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 24, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 24, 2009 6:42 PM |
==========================================

I didn't see adequate pass protection against the Giants.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 24, 2009 7:16 PM | Report abuse

DOOM AND GLOOM, DOOM AND GLOOM. Why so many Skins haters?

Posted by: VegasJim | September 24, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rickyroge | September 24, 2009 7:02 PM |
==========================================

You are seeing what you want to see, based on your firmly expressed prior opinions. J.C. did not have time in the pocket, often there was barely a pocket at all.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 24, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

campbell qb rating was better than manning week 1. Its just a stat, I know. A stat that doesn't count fumbles otherwise brunell would have had the worst rating ever.

After 2 weeks JC has the same comp, att, and comp % as ..... Peyton manning. So, lay off the QB.

The run game is suspect? That is the least of my worries on O.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 24, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm talking about when the Giants played the Cowboys "if"...

Lemme guess...you're one of the "sky is falling" fans....one of those it's the playcalling...it's the owner...it's the rain...etc.

Posted by: rickyroge | September 24, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

You mean the same guys who said Redskins would trounce the Rams last week?

Posted by: ksquare | September 24, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Remember, all the "talking heads" are just that...TALKINGheads. They don't know anything more than you or I. The guys that really know, and have their azzes on the line, are picking the skins -6.5.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 24, 2009 8:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rickyroge | September 24, 2009 7:45 PM |
=========================================

I'm guessing you need some of them magical memory pills, ricky.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 24, 2009 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Nah...I'm just not one of those "fans" who like to pile on the flavor of the day.

Posted by: rickyroge | September 24, 2009 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Moss and Campbell are not on the same page. I am not sure what has created that situation, but it just seems that the rapport that used to be there just isn't there anymore. I don't know if it's because Campbell spent a lot more time working with the other receivers, or if Santana took the offseason off. Either way, you could tell after Santana zigged and Campbell threw "zagged" in that first game, that they were not in sync. I hope they get it worked out because Moss is too much a playmaker to not have involved in games.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 24, 2009 8:48 PM | Report abuse

Slow night...
chirp...chirp...chirp...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Why is it if you go to the Redskins team blog site there are links to a lot of other blog sites but not to RI whereas if you are on RI at least there is a link to Redskins.com from which you can link to the team blog site. It don't make no sense, the lack of reciprocalilty. You know what I mean?

Posted by: ElDrano | September 24, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ElDrano | September 24, 2009 8:52 PM |

Because JLaC pissed off a lot of people (okay maybe just a couple) in the Redkins organization.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Moss and Campbell are not on the same page. I am not sure what has created that situation, but it just seems that the rapport that used to be there just isn't there anymore. I don't know if it's because Campbell spent a lot more time working with the other receivers, or if Santana took the offseason off.Either way, you could tell after Santana zigged and Campbell threw "zagged" in that first game, that they were not in sync. I hope they get it worked out because Moss is too much a playmaker to not have involved in games.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 24, 2009 8:48 PM |

Not sure if it is a Moss/Campbell being out-of-sync issue or something else. Zorn calls the play and then:

1. Moss runs one way, Campbell throws another way. One or both did not execute the play called.

or

2. The play called by Zorn is to read the defensive scheme and react. One or both did not read the defensive scheme properly or did not react properly.

One or both of them are out-of-synch with play execution, not each other.

Posted by: ElDrano | September 24, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 8:58 PM |

You think it would trickle down to this level?

Posted by: ElDrano | September 24, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

zeke -- catching up from yesterday:

Posted by: daggar

I saw the sweep play differently. Betts looked like he did what the play was designed to do. If the clock is more important, which I think we agree on, just go up the middle, settle for a short gain.

On the pass plays, its a matter of having the right guys one the field. That's my argument.

Portis is an OK receiver. Betts seems to have a good knack for taking a quick toss and turning it into something -- though I don't think the RB would have made much of a difference given the call.

On the Sellers and Thomas throws -- they are just the wrong guys to have on the field. When Jason targets his top 5 pass catchers (ARE, Moss, Kelly, Cooley and Betts), he's completing 70% of his passes. Put the guys on the field guys that you are succeeding with. Those 5. I'm not directly blaming Thomas or Sellers. I'm saying Campbell is 'in synch' with specific guys -- those are the guys I want on the field.

Interestingly, the NFL video from today showed that Zorn concluded guys were dropping passes -- but none of the "drops" were by the top 5 guys.

In any case, its my perspective.

Also, fwiw, there was one part of that video I found particularly fascinating. It also concerned that late game drive. The 4th down call. Campbell was saying that they wanted to not just get the 1st down, but also "forget the jump, lets go score" (at least that's what I think got said). I get the enthusiasm, but they needed to be focused on getting the 1st down. Nothing more. In the back of my mind, I wonder if CP was thinking about a TD, not just the yard he needed for the 1st. Don't know this, don't know if it made a difference, just wondering.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 24, 2009 9:09 PM | Report abuse

"Raiders Passing Woes Fall on JaMarcus Russell"

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

JaMarcus Russell is a bust in the making?

Wow!

The NFL Bust List continues to grow due to the failures of alleged top flight, 1st round drafted quarterbacks:

JaMarcus Russell
Matt Leinhart
Vince Young
Tim Couch
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Pat Ramsey
Alex Smith
Jason Campbell?

I guess we have to wait on the last one.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 8:58 PM |

You think it would trickle down to this level?

Posted by: ElDrano | September 24, 2009 9:07 PM |

I don't know, maybe. Seems like that would be pretty petty huh?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 9:12 PM | Report abuse

mistamayor

"...The bulk of quarterback Jason Campbell's throws have gone to tight end Chris Cooley (14 catches-151 yards) and slot receiver Antwaan Randle El (11 catches-137 yards)..."

Excellent use of excellent observation, your honor.

Again: Jason Campbell's best passing play is one where he's given receiving options in the center of the field.

Put Moss in the slot or in 'trips' or 'bunch' formations where natural picks allow him to work underneath Cooley and Randle El. Make the guy covering him work to keep up with him.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:16 PM | Report abuse

"Raiders Passing Woes Fall on JaMarcus Russell"

JaMarcus Russell is a bust in the making?

JaMarcus Russell
Matt Leinhart
Vince Young
Tim Couch
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Pat Ramsey
Alex Smith
Jason Campbell?

I guess we have to wait on the last one.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:12 PM |

There is a big difference between Russell and Campbell. Russell was the 1st pick of the draft. Campbell would have been a 2nd round pick at best if the Skins hadn't gone Bears/Cutler on him. Russell flopping out will raise eyebrows. Campbell flopping out will be ho hum.

Posted by: ElDrano | September 24, 2009 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Today's Best Headline

"Whoa, baby! Woman delivers 19-pound boy
Indonesian mom delivers a 2-foot-long, toddler-size baby..."

And somewhere, in some bedroom in Indonesia, the father is wondering how he is to please his wife after something that big was forced out of his body.

"Nineteen pounds? Two feet long?" he thinks. "I can't do nothing with it now."

"Geez...."

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Dear Redskins Offense,

I hope you get well soon.

I am sending you a care package of cute little declawed lions. Have fun playing with them.

Lots of love,

Uncle Parity

Posted by: farstriker | September 24, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Detroit scares the heck out of me.

They're like a stick of dynomite, getting ready to blow!
~
Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 20, 2008 2:16 PM
==========================================
I was not staying medium here. In fact, I was being a complete wise@ss.

The whole bit was just a setup for: "They (Detroit) are getting ready to blow".

There, now that I've got that off my chest...
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 26, 2008 11:32 AM |
=========================================

Brought to you by Ginsana Ginkoba
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 24, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Most Important Sporting Event This Weekend:

pick'em:

Miami v. VaTech

Boston v. New York

Redskins v. Lions

We'll go with Canes v. Hokies.

Yanks v. Sawx is next month's news.

Lions v. Skins will have a soccer/hockey/ baseball type score: 6-3.

The slow Return of the Canes to national prominence reminds folks that there's football in Florida outside of Gainesville.

Is the "U" back?

We'll see Saturday.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Dear Detroit Lions,

Washington has already bailed out your auto industry. On Sunday they will bail out your fubbal team. Enjoy yourselves.

Yours,

Uncle Farity

Posted by: ElDrano | September 24, 2009 9:32 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe:

Re-e-elax. It was Caesarian. Everything's still intact. You may fire away(when ready) GRIDLEY. Little spoof on the PHILLIPINES going back to the MALAYSIAN thang in 1898.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 24, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

brownwood

"Moss better get his moment this week...my fantasy team depends on it."

I understand.

You see, my fantasy depends on Megan Good.

And like you, I'm waiting for it to happen.

But unlike in your situation, I hope to score something other than touchdowns.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Cross Jevan Snead off the list of potential redskin savior.

However, that right tackle #77 is ballin'.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:36 PM | Report abuse

The run game is suspect? That is the least of my worries on O.

Posted by: pabrian2003
___________________________

Yeah! So JC's just as good as Peyton Manning! Everybody lay off him! Case closed!

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 24, 2009 9:37 PM | Report abuse

IMHO the owner has an associate’s degree in making an elite football team (10-years thus far, I could be a MD close to my own practice by then). His decisions on coaches, lack of GM’s and tossing draft picks and cash for players not produced in-house has only increased hype then disappointments every year. Talent is produced by younger players hungry for playing time and wins, not by the over paid players year after year. The ROI has not landed many wins and this trend does not seem to end after 10-years. Sadly, look north to the Ravens and see how a real competitive team should be run.

I have posted a lot of negative remarks the past two games, but when will we actually see progress? Year after year, the skins solve one issue only to have another one drag them into average because of lack of draft picks (see Jason Taylor when we need OL depth). When was the last time the skins blown out a team by 25 points or more? I cannot recall…

The Lions have a good chance of beating the skins as they did last year…

Posted by: rb_rivers | September 24, 2009 9:45 PM | Report abuse

chasgriffen

"...So JC's just as good as Peyton Manning!"

Well, okay....nawww!

Saying Campbell is just as good as Manning behind two weeks' of numbers is like saying you're as rich as Bill Gates just because you both have $10 bucks in your pockets.

I will say that Campbell and the rest of the skins' offense should've spent more time during the preseason playing together deep into games.

Even if it was against inferior competition, the offense needs some reps.

The Lions, for example, are just the kind of team it needs to face.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

The skins will totally destroy the Lions this weekend. This is like the 2007 game. I can't believe that the pundits are picking the Lions, they suck bad. I see this as a 31-3 victory that puts everything on the right track. Anyone with a wallet, pick up the 7 point cover as easy money. This will right the season.

Go skins!

Posted by: zornskins2 | September 24, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Go skins!

Posted by: zornskins2

LOL yeah like they did the Rams even at home eh?

Posted by: rb_rivers | September 24, 2009 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Go skins!

Posted by: zornskins2

LOL yeah like they did the Rams even at home eh?

Posted by: rb_rivers | September 24, 2009 9:59 PM |

Yeah, damn that guy for being positive. What a dik he must be.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

chasgriffen

"...So JC's just as good as Peyton Manning!"
---------------

Well, okay....nawww!
...
Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 9:49 PM |
=================================

I'd say you missed chasgriffen's /sarcasm tag there, MistaMoe.

Not that I agree with chasgriffen's sarcasm, mind you.

The Redskins problems come from not addressing an aging and injury prone offensive line (again!).

It's one thing to have a line that's not very good. It's another to have one full of guys who are over the hill and almost out of the game, and the only decent replacement has already been thrown into the breech.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 24, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

thunder

"I'd say you missed chasgriffen's /sarcasm tag there, MistaMoe"

I got the sarcasm.

I just wanted to post.

I've been so busy during the day at work, that by the time I get ready to post, Da Mayor has entered two or three new threads, and I miss out.

chas is a cool guy, as you are....

peace....

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 10:39 PM | Report abuse

thunder

"I'd say you missed chasgriffen's /sarcasm tag there, MistaMoe"

I got the sarcasm.

I just wanted to post.

chas is a cool guy, as you are....

peace....

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 24, 2009 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey, stop playing with each others' manboobs. That is just wrong.

Posted by: daggar | September 24, 2009 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Hey, stop playing with each others' manboobs. That is just wrong.

Posted by: daggar | September 24, 2009 10:48 PM |

Moobs are wrong.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2009 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya
_________________________

Kidding aside, I totally agree the O-line is far and away the Skins primary problem, and a strong one would allow mediocre O (skill) players to consistently put up enough points for this team to win, cause of its awesome D (despite the secondary Q's).

But I also know Zoron's play design & calling is a big problem, and I definitely have seen enough of JC to know that we need to keep striving to upgrade at QB... But again, I agree with the people that say JC's good enough to win with if the O-line is competent, and given the stellar D.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 24, 2009 11:36 PM | Report abuse

And I will admit I'm very happy about the "new" D-line and the potential of the "new" receivers.

I really hope we get it together on playcalling, and the O-line plays "good enough", and that we're in the running at the end of the season... That's all I ask for.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 24, 2009 11:43 PM | Report abuse

No one in other markets takes the redskins seriously anymore.Despite all of the history the cowboys and their fans consider the Giants their nemisis,the redskins are secondary to them.Yet we continue to emphasize them and hate them like the old days.After all these years of mediocrity,we are beginning to look rediculous to cowboy and other NFC east fans.They consider us irrelevent and I want to see this group of players battle like soldiers and make us relevant again.I see some of this attitude in the defense,but when the offense takes the field they look unsure of themselves.Is it just me or do we have no swagger on offense?As if they almost expect failure.

Posted by: mark65 | September 25, 2009 12:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mark65 | September 25, 2009 12:03 AM | Report abuse

Has anyone seen the video of tom coughlin talking to his horde after the cowboys win when he was all knelt down on the ground and eli manning was all creepily into it...
it reminded me some deep south baptist minister praying with his flock...
the religious overtones in the nfl are quite disturbing, especially with the whole 'rebirth' spin that is definitely played into it.

Posted by: BMACattack | September 25, 2009 12:23 AM | Report abuse

dallas needs to respect everyone in the Beast. After all, everyone has beaten them

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 25, 2009 12:36 AM | Report abuse

I think what kind of hurt the Skins side of this "it's still a rivalry" thing was losing 52 consecutive games to the Cowboys. Also, they won three Super Bowls as our franchise was imploding.

And aside from Todd Collins, none of the current players were alive when this was still a real, truly heated rivalry.

Also, many of their fans enjoy busting our chops by acting like we surrendered our position as their primary rival by sucking for 15+ years.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 25, 2009 12:54 AM | Report abuse

get ready for JC to MM

Posted by: Peaceful2009 | September 25, 2009 1:11 AM | Report abuse

this is funny, from onion news:

Cowboys release Jerry Jones !!!!

Posted by: Peaceful2009 | September 25, 2009 1:14 AM | Report abuse

Yep, you hit the nail on the head.

Posted by: psps23 | September 24, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

PSPS23 Great Response to that nonsense. I could not have said it better myself...

Posted by: gcoles32 | September 25, 2009 1:30 AM | Report abuse

Here's what I'm looking for sunday

OFFENSE:

Lead blockers on power runs, more imaginative running game.

Deep Early, with passblocking to allow it..

DEFENSE:

Someone, please God cover Calvin.

Do NOT let them get confident early. crush the run, hit the passer.

Posted by: TheCork | September 25, 2009 2:23 AM | Report abuse

Dear Redskins Offense,

I hope you get well soon.

Lots of love,

Uncle Parity

Posted by: farstriker | September 24, 2009 9:26 PM

They may be declawed, but they still have pretty sharp teeth. Just sayin'...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 25, 2009 5:20 AM | Report abuse

They may be declawed, but they still have pretty sharp teeth. Just sayin'...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 25, 2009 5:20 AM

Today's poll:

How will Brownwood react when the 'Skins beat Detroit 20-3:

A. They should have won by more. It's Detroit.

B. They'll lose next week to Tampa.

C. It's only one win. Look at the record since Snyder bought the team.

D. We haven't drafted enough linemen.

E. Orakpo shouldn't be playing SLB.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 25, 2009 5:41 AM | Report abuse

Yep, you hit the nail on the head.

Posted by: psps23 | September 24, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gcoles32 | September 25, 2009 1:30 AM |

psps23 - it seems like this is at least the 100th time you have posted this thought and it is just as ridiculous as it was the first time you posted it. Don't be so one dimensional. Post ridiculous ideas about other things besides defending the indefensible. Variety is the spice of life.

Posted by: GasFace | September 25, 2009 5:43 AM | Report abuse

This is what I have been saying....

The OLine is smarter than you think. We all know what's at stake......

Great video....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 25, 2009 5:49 AM | Report abuse

How will Brownwood react when Detroit beats the Skins 20-3?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 25, 2009 5:41 AM |

"Washington

Posted by: GasFace | September 25, 2009 5:53 AM | Report abuse

How will Brownwood react when Detroit beats the Skins 20-3?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 25, 2009 5:41 AM |

"Washington ♥ Detroit. First they bail out GM and now they bail out their football team. Goodbye nasty losing streak. :-)"

Posted by: GasFace | September 25, 2009 6:02 AM | Report abuse

Actually, T_E I'll breathe a sigh of relief and have some sort of hope that they'll actually capitalize on the easy schedule they've got for the next few weeks. The real question is, how will you and the other Sunshine Seekers react if they lose?

1)Pout and cry about how Brownwood isn't a real fan and somehow wanted this to happen so he could come back on a blog and brag about how he was right

2)Somehow spin a loss to the worst team in football over the last 8 years as a good thing

3)Blame everything on all the nay-sayers because fans have total and complete control over the emotions and concentration of professional athletes

See T_E? I can make irrelevant sh*tty lists too.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 25, 2009 6:08 AM | Report abuse

MOSS is done. Trade MOSS for o-linemen.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 25, 2009 6:46 AM | Report abuse

4th Floor:

Knowing what's at stake and gettin' it done on the field are two entirely different things. Most of that REDSKINS bravado is left in the locker-room. That's been a REDSKIN problem for two decades now. To my mind, I want LESS talk and more action. Talk by football players is like women to fighters. It weakens the legs.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 25, 2009 6:52 AM | Report abuse

brownwood26:

Whatever it is, it's YOUR fault.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 25, 2009 6:54 AM | Report abuse

Vicc, you can argue the intent of your post all you want. Doesn't change the fact that it was incredibly stupid. I will say if you want to defend the thinking behind what you write, try to avoid using words like "pretendering." Made up words don't really lend any weight to your argument, especially when your argument is people misinterpreted your post.

Posted by: mack1

`
Sigh. I'm really confused mack1.

Here is my original post:
"Brownmood26, u must be married with kids dawg..nothing wrong with that.

Something wrong with a trend I see though..all the debbie downers here at RI are openly liberals….."

chrislarry interpreted this as me saying "You are a bad fan if you are a husband/father."

I'm still not sure how I implied that from what I said, but it is what it is. I got nothing against cL and don’t consider him to be a ‘debbie downer.’ The image of a forever dejected 'Al Bundy' is what came to my mind with Brownwood. In hindsight, I probably should have used some sorta 'Married With Children' play on words, but that just seemed too corny.

You know mack1, I don't wanna have to write essays to explain the semantics of my posts and what would be the point if your mind is already made up about what I meant? (Begin Sarcasm)Here’s an idea: I’ll hire you to be my RI agent--I’ll type something and you explain my real intent.(End Sarcasm) I enjoy posting here on RI, but a misquote is making me look like a d0uche and that’s not how I want to be remembered!

SO PLEASE EXPLAIN how my post was “incredibly stupid” w/o using a misinterpretation as your foundation. Do me this favor so I can avoid future ambiguity.

Oh and I misspelled pretending b/c I'm a dim bulb. (Insert: inappropriate word mocking mack1)

Posted by: Vicc | September 25, 2009 6:59 AM | Report abuse

Whatever it is, it's YOUR fault.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 25, 2009 6:54 AM

Basically. I'm almost starting to suspect that T_E and Greg are really my wife trying to piss me off online.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 25, 2009 7:05 AM | Report abuse

The redskins will play well consistently when the have a QB who plays well consistently!

Campbell never pumpfakes. NEVER;

Watching the Thursday night opener, they would use that nifty--over the field--hanging camera to show the the effect on a defense, Ben Roethlisberger's pumpfakes can have.

Ben Roethlisberger = Jason Campbell in skill set, but with more success in the W-column and Tds. And he does it with a worse O-line and rushing attack. I just think Campbell made it to this level based on pure physical ability and he can throw a pretty ball sometimes , but in the NFL, both physical ability and football acumen is needed. He11, Keith Eloi is one heckuva athlete and that earned him a shot at competing.

Posted by: Vicc | September 25, 2009 7:13 AM | Report abuse

I can make irrelevant sh*tty lists too.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 25, 2009 6:08 AM

And I'm sure it's a source of pride for you.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 25, 2009 7:14 AM | Report abuse

Apparently it's one for you T_E, since you like to break them out when you're especially wrong...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 25, 2009 7:18 AM | Report abuse

Moss confidently waits for his moment... That moment will be when his contract is about to expire, and then he'll perform like Fat Albert did at his position when his contract was about to expire. He'll then get Snyder to overpay on him, and then he can mail it in for a while.

Posted by: Randy_Hawkins | September 25, 2009 7:49 AM | Report abuse

This is a crock. The team in Baltimore has no problem scoring in the red zone and they have two 5'11" wrs. They have a TE who is not all that bigger than Cooley. Red Zone offense is not all about height. In fact it is more important to be able to run in the red zone. The Oline is so bad that running is not even an option.

Posted by: srobert1117 | September 25, 2009 7:58 AM | Report abuse

Well, if they're your wife, you can touch their manboobs. So you got that going for ya, which is nice.

Posted by: daggar | September 25, 2009 8:06 AM | Report abuse