Moss Puts Incident Behind Him

From Dan Steinberg:

Redskins wide receiver Santana Moss tangled with Seattle cornerback Josh Wilson in the second quarter, drawing an 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty after punching Wilson in the face mask with his left hand. In a postgame interview with Comcast SportsNet, Moss said that Wilson had been grabbing his facemask early in the game, and that he had already complained to officials before the two got into it on camera.

"I got a chance and got real aggressive with him on a block," Moss said. "And as I'm leaving to get away from him, he's grabbing me, grabbing me, and we're kind of exchanging words. And he wouldn't let go, so I did the best thing that I knew at that moment. It wasn't the best decision, but I did it, and I'm glad that we don't have to sit here and be saying that cost the game or something. I did it and I apologize about it and I moved on."

Wilson played locally at DeMatha and at Maryland, where opponents often reacted to his trash talking and teammates said it was impossible to make him stop jabbering. Cameras appeared to show Wilson saying something to Moss before the punch was thrown, but Moss said he wasn't reacting to any words.

"I was basically just saying to him, 'Play over with, next play you got a chance,'" Moss said. "And he just stayed there, you know he was mumbling something and holding on me. And he was holding me a way I didn't want him to hold me, so he didn't let go and that's why I did what I did. I reacted stupidly, I can say, but it is what it is."

Moss had a strong game, drawing a pass interference call later in that same drive and finishing with four catches for 72 yards. He was asked whether he anticipated the possibility of a fine or a suspension for throwing the punch, which he clearly did not want to discuss.

"I mean, it is what it is," he said. "Like I said before, it was foolish of me, and you always realize after you do something. I mean, you learn from it, and I learned from it, and I just want to move on from it, put it behind me."

By Cindy Boren  |  November 24, 2008; 1:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kelly: It Was 'Fun,' 'Exciting'
Next: Monday Morning H-Back

Comments

beepage...

For clarity's sake, the NFL DID NOT change the Playoff hosting formula. There was a proposal this past offseason to have the best records host games, but the NFL did NOT CHANGE the rule that Div Winners host at least 1 playoff game, no matter how crappy they may actually be in comparison to the other Divisions and Wild Card temas form those other Divisions.

Div winners play their first PO game at home, and absent a 5 seed hosting 6 seed in the Conference Championship scenario, Wild Cards ALWAYS play on the road.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 23, 2008 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 23, 2008 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Anybody got precendence setting cases from this year re punches being thrown? Is it an Auto suspension? I figure a fine is a given... I'm hoping its not a suspension based on the fact that 'Tana does not have a history of being an ass.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 23, 2008 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Didnt the Skins host the Championship game as a Wild Card? SF was #1 and Vikings knocked them off and we knocked off the Bears.....Nothing is impossible.

Go Skins!!!

Posted by: UHATEME | November 23, 2008 10:06 PM | Report abuse

Santana had no idea that his gold jewelry was worth so much money.

Cash4Gold

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 23, 2008 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Go Skins!!!

Posted by: UHATEME | November 23, 2008 10:06 PM | Report abuse

This was before there were 32 teams and the system was updated to the rules that are in existence today.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 23, 2008 10:11 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure why I think that a wild card team gets home field if a division winner has a worse record... I suppose I'm like TE with Betts? Just afraid to let go...
:-)

Clegg

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | November 23, 2008 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Well I know its frustrating as hell for a 12-4 team to earn a Wild card after a 13-3 team beats them for the division...then you have to play at some lame ass 9-7 team on the opposite coast in Play off week one.

Its just on of those Things That Suck...and that is why it is so very very important to win the Division.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 23, 2008 10:18 PM | Report abuse

I didn't see (most of) the game (darn you, channelsurfing.net!) but I voted for CP.

I see most other peeps did as well.

HTTR, good night.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 23, 2008 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Hey ..great win today ..CP ..wow !! but all the talk about the playoff thing makes me wonder how many think we'll really go very far ..hate to say it but Z-man and soup haven't got it together yet (hey .first year ) let's just hope we move forward ..figure out which version of left coast works with soup..don't want to give up on another Q'back yet PLEASE !! HTTR HTTR

Posted by: dl51 | November 23, 2008 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Soups will be fine! As long as he can stop having people at his feet when he's throwing... Thank goodness Kerney wasn't playing today....

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | November 23, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Go Skins!!!

Posted by: UHATEME | November 23, 2008 10:06 PM | Report abuse

Skins won the division that year at 11-4. Saints were the wild card at 12-3 and lost to the Vikings 44-10 in the WC game.

Posted by: TedNutmeg | November 23, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

"And he was holding me a way I didn't want him to hold me"

I had no idea they were having such relationship issues. But seriously, I hope GODdell doesn't go overboard on the punishment for his.

Posted by: ga8085 | November 23, 2008 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Nutmeg, that was when there were only 3 divisions back in 91/92 SuperBowl year,.. ( i think that was the year we're referring to )

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | November 23, 2008 10:45 PM | Report abuse

NO WAY Skins are giving up on Soup.

Since you brought it up, I expect to see Heyer for Jansen, Rinehart for Kendall, and I expect them to draft some Olinemen to add depth behind Rabach, Samuels, and Thomas. I expect Fabini and Kendall to be gone...and Kendall only becasue of the health of his knees. Its really too bad Crummey got picked up by Cincy....kid is FING HUGE (6'6" 340).

I also expect Kelly to surpass ARE, with ARE falling to 3WR ...with a lot more 4 wide sets with 'Tana, Kelly, ARE and Devin. I also expect Yoder to be surpassed by Davis on the depth chart. Maybe Yoder can learn to long snap.... keeping a guy to only long snap is a HUGELY wasted roster spot IMO.

Defense, Springs is probably gone, so its 'Los, Hall, Smoot, Tryon. Depending what happens with Marcus, perhaps JT moves to LB permanently. Philip Daniels should be back and we will see how Erasmus James looks. Need to draft LB and Dline depth. Low priority is safety to back up Horton/Landry/Doughty/Green/Moore.... I think a low rounder could steal a roster spot from the last two or three, depending on how Doughty's back responds.

Draft priority in order: Oline, LB, Dline, RB(love to move Betts for value if we can), S or perhaps a project QB to back up JC and CB(Bye bye Todd)depending what is there on the board late, with multiple picks at Oline.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 23, 2008 10:55 PM | Report abuse

NORV IS SNAKE BITTEN!!!!

I FEEL THE PAIN FOR HIM B/C it's almost like he's still OUR coach

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | November 23, 2008 11:21 PM | Report abuse

LOL Clegg...it looked liek SD got shanked 2 yards when they had the ball...
maybe if it was 4-1 he thtinks of going for it. As it is, he left payton 1:34 to win the game. And of course, he did.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 23, 2008 11:25 PM | Report abuse

F Norv

Posted by: chrislarry | November 23, 2008 11:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | November 23, 2008 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Clegg, the year we're talking about is the 1987 strike season. The 1991 team went 14-2 and was definitely not a wild card. but you're right, that was before the current alignment. In 1987 there were only 5 teams taken from each conference, 3 division winners and 2 wild cards. All 3 division winners got byes while the wild cards played in week one. by 1991 the league had moved to taking three wild cards, with the worst division winner hosting the worst wild card team during the first week. To my knowledge, the Skins have never hosted a division or conference championship game as a wild card.

Posted by: TedNutmeg | November 23, 2008 11:42 PM | Report abuse

Ugly win, good looking win - it doesn't matter. Wins are fun! Woo hoo!

Posted by: charley42 | November 24, 2008 12:09 AM | Report abuse

With Fletcher walking out with a friggin' boot on his foot--anyone else want to argue the fact the 'skins need talented depth at LB.

???

Posted by: RedDMV | November 24, 2008 12:12 AM | Report abuse

I don't know any position where we're so freakin' overloaded with talent that we don't need good players.
But Corky says we need to draft linemen. What to do, what to do.

Posted by: daggar | November 24, 2008 12:29 AM | Report abuse

seriously Kelly has Velcro hands. A very good catcher. He needs to stay healthy and learn the lil things...so he can be a very good recvr

Posted by: dealer1 | November 24, 2008 12:38 AM | Report abuse

Did you see the Zorn quote from Boswell's article?

"To get a win over [Seahawks Coach] Mike Holmgren, that's something," said Zorn. "That's not split-pea soup."

Has anyone ever heard that expression before?

Posted by: PDiddy | November 24, 2008 1:03 AM | Report abuse

Good grief, what an incredible feeling to leave that stadium with a win... my first trip to the Seahawks' stadium.

Hats off to Seattle: Great home fans, impossibly good weather for late November in Seattle, terrific stadium, excellent "game day experience"... and the Seahawks fought their freakin' guts out in a game that meant next to nothing for them.

Great all around, especially the result, of course.

The Seahawk fans sitting near us were practically begging for Shaun Alexander to get into the game, and they weren't being ironic, they really wanted to see him get a carry... I kept saying how bad he's looked and insisting that there was no way he'd get in, but they were fixated on him. Well, on him and Zorn. These people freaking LOVE Zorn. Love him.

Anyway, just amazing. A great time.

I'd be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to P Diddy, who remains the Host with the Most, The Mayor of Belltown, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah. Thanks, dude.

And freakzilla and deadskin, great to watch this victory with you guys, and to celebrate with you and the thousands of Skins fans. Hell of a turnout, and we were rewarded with a tough, tough win.

HAIL TO 'EM!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 24, 2008 1:53 AM | Report abuse

Great win, if not necessarily pretty. Good seeing the Jasons again, many thanks to P Diddy for his hospitality and rampant generosity, nice meeting deadskin today, and an awesome two days of crime-partnering with Nate. It was fun on a bun!

After witnessing the playoff losses in '05 and '07, it was great to finally break the Qwest Field curse.

A thought for the evening, which I haven't seen anywhere on here (though it may have been covered elsewhere -- I haven't looked), is that in a stadium that prides itself as being the loudest in the league, we had zero false start penalties. That's good discipline. I think the worst we had was one illegal shift.

Also, after browsing comments made during the early going of the game, let me toss out one additional thought. Campbell did struggle early on, but this was the first time he'd played in Seattle. The crowd wasn't as loud as they were in the playoffs, but they were still very into the game and were indeed loud. It seems really loud in the stands, but it's even louder on the field. I'm not saying he struggled solely due to the noise, but it certainly makes sense that it would take him a few drives to get accustomed to that.

Looking forward to going back and watching the DVR'd game tomorrow.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 24, 2008 2:05 AM | Report abuse

Guess this means Nate made it back to the PDX in one piece. Good to hear.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 24, 2008 2:13 AM | Report abuse

Aye, aye, zilla.

And now our full attention turns to our rematch with the Giants. A game I think we were all drooling over after we won at Dallas and Philly, but which now seems like an awfully big challenge.

First off, the injury list is going to be brutal this week. I know we should be grateful that we've had relatively good luck on that front this season, but now we're counting on all these 'walking wounded' to play key roles... harder and harder...

And then there are playoff implications. We cannot go a game behind Dallas, who I expect to win on Turkey Day. We had a chance to crush their hopes last week, but we spit the bit. We have to keep winning.

And of course we need to keep up with Carolina and Tampa, who are already a game ahead of us. This is a must-win game.

I'll be honest; I'm hoping the Giants aren't as interested in this game as we are. But that's doubtful, because they'll need this game. Their schedule is really tough: three division games in a row, two of them on the road, then Carolina and at the Vikings. No picnic.

Just hoping the Skins play with that brilliant sudden mediumness they brought to Dallas and Philly... if we see THAT Skins team on Sunday, we're beating the Giants.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 24, 2008 2:39 AM | Report abuse

Coupla notes from my memory, such as it is...

Was great seeing all those balls thrown to Sellers. Yeah, I wish he had held on to that throw (which my brother said from the teevee view appeared to be a bit too high and hard, so Soup shares the blame on that one) because that would have ended the game. But seeing the HUGE Sellers contingent before the game on the sidelines, then seeing him fed the ball, was great.

At the end of the first half, Thrash had that ball in his hands, didn't he? Good golly. That would have been a thing. sigh.

I predict good things for Malcolm Kelly. I don't know why I think that based on two catches, but I feel like he's going to be big the rest of the way. I want to see 3-WR packages with Moss, Thomas and Kelly.

The throw to Kelly in the end zone... I'm curious whether Soup just missed on that throw, or they just aren't in synch yet, or Soup had to lob it that far out because Kelly didn't have any separation... love that they tried it, love that it didn't cost them, but if they start connecting on that... well, that's what we've all been waiting for from Kelly, right?

The secondary packages were really interesting, would love to hear some about how that worked. There were times when Carlos was off and Smoot, Hall and Springs were in... it occurred to me what a dynamite rotation we have back there! I know they're not perfect, but they were solid today. So happy we added Hall, especially now that Springs is healthy and he (Shawn) can be this hybrid CB/S...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 24, 2008 3:06 AM | Report abuse

That's it for me. Still on a high from the game... wow.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Nighty night, blog.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 24, 2008 3:09 AM | Report abuse

Viscount, that split-pea soup quote sounds vaguely familiar, but I couldn't for the life of me give you the reference. If I've heard it within the last 20 years then I'd be amazed...

Posted by: mvdame | November 24, 2008 3:23 AM | Report abuse

MOSS SHOULD HAVE BEEN EJECTED FROM THE GAME, THATS A CHEAP SHOT, I DONT CARE WHAT THE OTHER PLAYER WAS DOING, AND TO BE AS STUPID AS MOSS WAS USING HIS BARE HAND TO HIT SOMEONE IN THE FACT THAT HAD A FACE MASK ON TO ME, SHOWS LITTLE INTELLEGENCE, BUT NO-ONE HAS EVER ACCUSED MOSS OF HAVING ANY BRAINS. IF IT HAD BEEN ANYOTHER PLAYER, ESPECIALLY ON ANY TEAM BUT THE DEADSKINS THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN EJECTED.

Posted by: pjl_45 | November 24, 2008 6:07 AM | Report abuse

ignoring troll...

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 6:20 AM | Report abuse

The game against the Giants isn't a must win for any reason other than to not get too down - more so from likely being a game behind the cowboys that actually losing to the Giants. All the other games are must wins though.

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 6:24 AM | Report abuse

Has anyone ever heard that expression before?

Posted by: PDiddy | November 24, 2008 1:03 AM

Nope. But then again we haven't seen an NFL coach lead their team in a chorus of "hip hip hooray" in close to 40 years either...

As for the @ss clown who refers to himself as pjl_45--do you watch football? If there's a bad break to be had the Redskins usually have it. Why would you even make an assertion that the Skins would get some sort of preferential treatment ON THE ROAD with a middling record? And don't point to the dust up in the Miami-New England game; a guy got his dreads yanked in that one. Moss threw a punch that didn't even really connect. This is the NFL, not the NBA. A punch is not an automatic ejection in this league.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 24, 2008 6:30 AM | Report abuse

Looking at the remaining schedules in the NFC South, I figure that they'll beat each other out of the wild-card race - a lot of tough division games and games against the North teams needing to win as well.

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 6:30 AM | Report abuse

Actually when was the last time a guy got ejected for punching? I've never seen it happen but then again I've never seen one connected with. It's always punches into the pads or helmets, then the toss of yellow hankies and the usual offsetting penalties.

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 6:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 6:24 AM

Agreed, Ben...but a loss gives the Giants the division. A win gets you within 2 games of the Giants for the division race and puts you in the driver's seat for the wild card. Besides, THIS TEAM NEEDS TO STOP LOSING HOME GAMES!!

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 24, 2008 6:34 AM | Report abuse

That was so not Santana Moss, that's something TO would do. I can't believe he said "that's the best thing I knew"... when is punching somebody the best thing you know?? (what if he broke his hand???)

Also, this is random but Suisham's kickoff and field goals have been very short lately... and our punter STILL sucks...

Posted by: rachel216 | November 24, 2008 6:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 24, 2008 6:34 AM

brownwood26,

I completely agree about the home game thing. That has them in this tight spot in the first place. Also beating the Giants likely widens the separation with the Cowboys. Moreover it gives the fans their confidence in this team back.

However, unless the Giants totally implode, that division is already theirs.

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 6:48 AM | Report abuse

That's part of my point, Ben...the Giants typically fade at the end of the regular season (even last year when they won it all), and if the Skins can start that free-fall then they can take advantage (providing they actually handle THEIR business). But then again, I've never seen the Giants look THIS good on both sides of the ball...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 24, 2008 6:58 AM | Report abuse

By beating the Cards, the Giants are 7-1 against the common foes (swept the nfc west and only loss in the afc north was to the lowly Browns).

So suppose the 'skins and cowboys win out ending at 12-4. In order for NY to NOT win the division they would have to lose all their remaining divsional games: in DC, hosting Philly, abd at Big D.

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 6:59 AM | Report abuse

This would give the 'skins and cowboys better division records. If the Giants beat the Iggles, then they have to lose to Panthers and Vikings as well as they would hold the tie-breaker in common games. The 'skins lost to the Rams and Steelers (6-2) and the boys lost to the Rams and Cards (6-2).

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 7:02 AM | Report abuse

As a Gonzaga alumnus, I'm all for punching DeMatha grads in the face. Go Santana!

Posted by: bwhoover | November 24, 2008 7:03 AM | Report abuse

tie-breakers in division considering above scenario

1. head to head (split)
2. division games (4-2)
3. common games (giants at 7-1 win division)
4. conference games (skins' at 9-3 become 2nd place)
5. strength of victory

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 7:09 AM | Report abuse

Yeah Ben, but the Giants would be 3-3 in division if that scenario plays out and the Skins would be 4-2. The common games wouldn't come into play.

It's all moot anyway, because I see little to no chance of the Skins winning out. As soon as we get a couple wins in a row, we'll blow one or two once the players start reading their press clippings.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 24, 2008 7:22 AM | Report abuse

At this point I'll take 10-6 and like it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 24, 2008 7:28 AM | Report abuse

For Zorn anything above 8-8 makes hims a keeper IMHO, and I think we can get to at least 9-7 if not 10-6. Small chance we get the upset with the Hon's but who knows in this league.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 24, 2008 7:36 AM | Report abuse

Alright here it is, the division is out of reach the Skins need a wild card. This is how it is:

Arizona wins the West: all other teams out.
NY Giants win the East: Wash, Dal wild card.
The North will get one team:
The South has 3 teams one will win the Div. the other two are in the wild card race.

These are the remaining schedules of teams that have a shot at the wild card.

Dallas
13 Sun, Nov 30 NY Giants
14 Sun, Dec 7 @ Baltimore
15 Sun, Dec 14 @ Cincinnati
16 Sun, Dec 21 Philadelphia
17 Sun, Dec 28 @ San Francisco

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 24, 2008 7:38 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for posting the schedules, Flounder. I figure that the NFC South teams will eliminate at least one or two teams from the playoffs by virtue of playing so many games against each other. I see 3 losses on the Cowpies schedule. But if the Skins handle business like they should, 10-6 is the likely scenario. But if they can nail Baltimore and go 11-5, I'll be happy as hell!

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 24, 2008 7:43 AM | Report abuse

Flounder,

Don't count out New Orleans just yet.

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 7:44 AM | Report abuse

Flounder21 | November 24, 2008 7:38 AM | Report abuse

Based on those schedules here is my guess for how each team will end up.

Dallas = 9-7
Tampa Bay =11-5
Carolina1= 10-6
Atlanta= 10-6
Skins=10-6

Posted by: alex35332 | November 24, 2008 7:52 AM | Report abuse

Here is all you need to know about Portis, backed up against their own end-zone, he ripped off 9, 11, and 20 yard runs. He's a dynamic RB.

Good win, every win is good, but good to get a road win in a tough stadium.

Fingers crossed on some of these DL injuries.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 24, 2008 7:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bwhoover | November 24, 2008 7:03 AM
============================================
Gonzaga 1977 meself.
;)

~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 24, 2008 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bangkokben | November 24, 2008 6:24 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 24, 2008 6:34 AM |

Actually every game might be a must win for the Skins to make the playoffs since Tampa Bay and Atlanta have easy schedules and will probably not lose more than 1-2 more games. The skins have zero hope ofwinning the division unless Giants go on major losing streak and Skins go on a major winning streak.

Posted by: redskinsgirl | November 24, 2008 8:09 AM | Report abuse

Also NO, Green Bay, Chicago ( I think Chi will win the North) and Vikings are on the Skins heel and Dallas are tied with them.

Posted by: redskinsgirl | November 24, 2008 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Sorry guys, hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I'm not seeing the playoffs for our boys this year.

First year head coach in what we thought would be a transition year and we really haven't had a bad season.

But I'm not seeing the playoffs this year.

Hope I'm wrong though!

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 24, 2008 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Kind of quiet this morning.....

I was one who was saying that I did not like Landry playing so deep, so him getting an INT swings me around on that one.

Lots of injuries on the DL, which worries me with BJacobs coming in this upcoming weekend. Anyone know the status of Golston's ankle? It would be good to get Monty back for the G-men, another big body in the middle.

I'm still not liking the play calling, the 5 yard passes just make me grind my teeth. When passing they need to make a concerted effort to go DOWN the field.

Am I blogging with myself....this is embarrassing...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 24, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 24, 2008 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Here are several not so obvious keys to yesterday's win:
1. Patrick Kearney did not play. Seattle did not have the pass rush of last year, when he owned Heyer. The offensive line played much better this time.

2. Clinton rose from the dead. I mistakenly thought that he would never see 29 carries again this season. I still can't figure out how he did it.

3. Blache changes his tune. He channels GG and actually uses the blitz as a pressure tool. Landry's interception was directly due to a player bouncing into Hasselback. Can we see more of this, please?

4. As one our astute West Coast bloggers noted, we did not get any penalties due to crowd noise, not did we have too many in the huddle, nor did Samuels or Jansen get caught for holding. The offense looked much crisper, even if the scoring could be improved. Moss did draw the quota of at least one boneheaded stupid penalty by a wide receiver per game that we are destined to have.

5. The defense held in the 4th quarter. I am usually scared to death to see the defense have to save the game for us, but thanks to that amazing pick by Springs, I can breathe again.

Posted by: driley | November 24, 2008 8:47 AM | Report abuse

No B you are not blogging alone. lol Not sure why people think G Men are going to blow us out. They didn't the first game. They will go down come Sunday.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 24, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Ocho Nueve has a great left..!

Posted by: dallas287 | November 24, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

It was nice to see Wilson get stuck. The pass interference call wasn't the best part either.

It was the next drive where Portis had a 20-something yard run and Moss blocked Wilson's punk a$$ 30 yards down the field.

Posted by: redskins91 | November 24, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Ok. Giants will win next week versus the skins and place the Cowboys in 2nd place. Portis is faking his injury. John Riggins is the only one, man enough to question this whole injury thing.

Will be interesting to see if Moss gets fined and suspended for that punch thrown in full view? He should have been thrown out of the game.

Posted by: bbg_isback | November 24, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

To answer who gets the game ball question: Nobody. This team stunk. I can't believe why the Skins persist having trouble with losers. Statistically the Skins should have trampled the Seahawks to death.

Posted by: memyselfI1 | November 24, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse