My Bad - Correcting a Mistake

I wrote earlier that Rocky McIntosh's wife had a girl - well, I got that 100 percent wrong. I had heard she was exepcting a girl for a while, so that's what I assumed she had, and, like in that great scene in the first Bad News Bears movie, we all know what happens when you assume.

In this case I owe Chris Helein, the Skins dean of PR, a huge shout out. He gave me a call a minute ago to save my butt when he saw the wrong info on the blog. I had passed the wrong info on to Howard for the print edition of the paper as well, so Chris saved my bacon there too. The baby's name is Gavin, but I am not positiive if that is the spelling the parents chose, so please don't hpold thgat against me if it's with an e or something. Buyer beware on that one.

Chris, thanks again, and sorry everyone for the mess up.

Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  June 15, 2007; 6:34 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Final Updates on Day 1 of Mini Camp
Next: The Red Snapper Has A New Number

Comments

J-La, props for admitting the mistake and correcting it.

And

1st!

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 15, 2007 6:43 PM | Report abuse

sorry about the 1st, to those that are annoyed by it, just never got a chance to do it until now. At least it got me to post twice. that much closer to 100k

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 15, 2007 6:45 PM | Report abuse

4th you win brother. I just saw the pictures. Pulling hammer out. Chris double smack to the back of you head. Now get your as* in the locker room and put some pants on.

Posted by: jm220 | June 15, 2007 7:06 PM | Report abuse

In case anyone missed it....and anyone cares....Kelli J. reported on SportsNet that everyone was really impressed with Campbell. Portis said he has never witnessed such growth in a player from one season to the next.

Campbell was also interviewed on NFL Network. Very positive interview. Campbell also mentioned Cooley wearing Gibbs shorts from way back and they showed a clip of Cooley in the tight, short shorts. When Rich Eisen asked Campbell what he thought of Cooley's new look, he laughed and replied "It's not all that fascinating."

Posted by: Lisa | June 15, 2007 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Maybe someone should shoot Cooley in the groin with a paintball - put an end to those awful Adductor exposures.

Posted by: JR | June 15, 2007 7:30 PM | Report abuse

So let's see...
Our best RB and best overall player, Portis, is hurt.
Our best WR, Moss, is hurt.
Our best lineman, Thomas, is hurt.
Our best corner, Springs, hasn't been around at all (but most if it really isn't his fault)
Our best draft pick, Laundry, is hurt.

I know it's early, but this is a bad sign of things to come.
Can we PLEASE change the team name to Lancers or Warriors or Red Hawks so that the Native Americans can lift the curse placed on our team?

Posted by: Not good | June 15, 2007 7:59 PM | Report abuse

sad news. former Skin, for a very short time, but an easy guy to root for, Justin Skaggs died of a brain tumor. I read it on Yahoo sports.

Gotta love the guys that try hard but don't quite make it big. He was only 28.

Posted by: Shotgun | June 15, 2007 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | June 15, 2007 8:02 PM | Report abuse

"The baby's name is Gavin, but I am not positiive if that is the spelling the parents chose, so please don't hpold thgat against me if it's with an e or something."

LMGO Jasno- like we'd hold you to a correct spelling up here!

Posted by: 4-12 | June 15, 2007 8:03 PM | Report abuse

manhood windows

Posted by: Anonymous | June 15, 2007 8:04 PM | Report abuse

banana hammocks

Posted by: Anonymous | June 15, 2007 8:06 PM | Report abuse

Notgood,

(1) Portis practiced today...said he feels fine
(2) Moss jogged on the sideline
(3) Landry got hit by a paintball in a sensitive spot - nothing more
(4) Springs baby has jaundice - which is not unusual for a newborn
(4) Training camp is around 5 weeks away

These are not major issues.

Posted by: Lisa | June 15, 2007 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Lisa,
Thanks for the shakedown-- in reading things in a tired haze after a long week I sometimes fret too. You're right, nothing to worry about.

I think that the Skins are looking sharp this off season and I'm expecting a big bounce back. Campbell is developing, we've got solid depth at RB, ARE will hopefully step things up, Cooley is the man (minus the Lt. Dangle shorts as Jasno so adequately put it), and the D should be coming along.

I predict playoffs, baby!

Oh... what's with the rude Native American curse thing?

Posted by: TDawg | June 15, 2007 9:23 PM | Report abuse

The Kelli Johnson report from skins camp has me sportin a bonner for a couple reasons:

1) Her report on how sharp the offense is looking has me excited that the Saunders offense could take off and be explosive.

2) I really wouldn't mind stickin it to ol Kelli, handles herself well and looks like she would be a freak in the sack.

Posted by: Skid Marx | June 15, 2007 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Nice move, Skid. Just the kind of post we all needed to read.

Zebra, is that a flag, or what?

Posted by: sieskani | June 15, 2007 9:50 PM | Report abuse

no flag
please expound skiddy

Posted by: Anonymous | June 15, 2007 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Look at sieskani, leaping to defend the honor of Strawberry Shortcake. Nicely done, sir.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 15, 2007 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Okay, with the NBA season finally -- mercifully -- over, and I heard something about the Hockey Cup being awarded to one of those teams, it's just baseball, golf, and waiting for football. Good grief.

This is the toughest time of all on the sports calendar.

We gotta be strong, and stick together. We can do this. We're GONNA do this. 100k or bust!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 15, 2007 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Nate- U being a resident here, get these folks to vote on the ESPN ultimate depth chart http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2960 We are killing for the division but not enough are voting for us in the conference. More votes Skins get, more coverage ESPN has to do.
HAIL!!!!

Posted by: Please Help | June 15, 2007 10:46 PM | Report abuse

HAIL!!!!

Posted by: Please Help | June 15, 2007 10:47 PM | Report abuse

HAIL!!!!

Posted by: Please Help | June 15, 2007 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Everyone, I implore you to do the following:

Please vote on the ESPN ultimate depth chart http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2960

We are killing for the division but not enough are voting for us in the conference. More votes Skins get, more coverage ESPN has to do!

Please do this, blog peeps!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 15, 2007 10:57 PM | Report abuse

I'll take credit for moving skins up 0.3 pts
yes, I'm bored

Posted by: RBD202 | June 15, 2007 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 15, 2007 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Done
carpal tunnel kicking in...

Posted by: RBD202 | June 15, 2007 11:43 PM | Report abuse

RBD202, you ain't lyin'. I've voted a couple times on each poll, but I can't keep going like this. Will see about cranking it up a few more tenths of a percent before I give out.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 15, 2007 11:46 PM | Report abuse

Nate
post that during the prime time hours of RI and we can see the numbers climb

Posted by: RBD202 | June 15, 2007 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Wait, I don't understand... if this poll is being used to guide ESPN's coverage allocation per team, shouldn't the question be "What team from the division/conference should we cover the most?"

It feels a little dishonest saying I think the Skins are going to be the best team in the division, let alone the conference. I WANT them to be the best, but I don't think they're going to be the best. But I DO want them to get the most coverage on ESPN. Or maybe I don't, in keeping with our low profile offseason?

Darnit, now I'm all conflicted about this. But only to the extent that it might generate an extra comment or two up here.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 15, 2007 11:49 PM | Report abuse

click,back,click,back,click,back,blick,cack...

Posted by: RBD202 | June 15, 2007 11:49 PM | Report abuse

might be some burgundy colored glasses but the east is possible and the conference is so mediocre that you never know....
no ethical problems here

Posted by: RBD202 | June 15, 2007 11:52 PM | Report abuse

And we're not alone. The four NFC East teams are in the top six of all the conference categories -- best offense, best defense, conference champion.

Nothing like a fan poll in June to take the measure of the league.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 15, 2007 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Smack must have his cronies posting as well

Posted by: RBD202 | June 16, 2007 12:00 AM | Report abuse

What a great couple of days up here on the blog! Mighty good stuff. It seems like old times. I wish minicamp went on and on. Alas...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 16, 2007 12:07 AM | Report abuse

minicamp or some more sheep herding
either way....

Posted by: RBD202 | June 16, 2007 12:24 AM | Report abuse

Ocho says that Grilliams must have been reading the blog's comments all winter.

Posted by: The Crickets | June 16, 2007 3:00 AM | Report abuse

So I'm voting for the Redskins on ESPN, but then I actually read the webpage, and there's no promise for more coverage of the high-ranking teams. Is there any evidence showing that ESPN will dedicate more coverage to the winners of an unscientific poll? Can someone provide a link?

Posted by: just wondering... | June 16, 2007 3:04 AM | Report abuse

Too damn much talking will not keep us under the radar for very long.

Posted by: The Crickets | June 16, 2007 3:17 AM | Report abuse

More questionable originality, this time from the cross-town knuckleheads. (Someone might want to let said knuckleheads know that [free agent]Warrick Holdman signed with Denver in the off-season.) LOL!

Posted by: The Crickets | June 16, 2007 3:31 AM | Report abuse

There's no one here but us crickets, and we don't ever read the fine print. Sorry!

Posted by: The Crickets | June 16, 2007 3:33 AM | Report abuse

Dr. Zimmerman talks about what constitutes a "Pro Bowler". (There was a discussion about this months ago regarding Sean Taylor for 2006.)

"Peter from Mount Maunganui, N.Z., in the Bay of Plenty (one of the few regions in N.Z. in which Linda and I have not spent time) asks if a player is still considered a Pro Bowler if he withdraws because of injury. Yes. The Pro Bowl is liberal in awarding merit badges. Not only is he a Pro Bowler but so is the player who replaces him on the roster. Each of them gets an asterisk or some other sign of the Zodiac."

Posted by: The Crickets | June 16, 2007 3:43 AM | Report abuse

More from Dr. Zimmerman:

"Gerard of Albany, N.Y., repeats an accusation I haven't heard for many years, that two of Joe Gibbs' three Super Bowl victories came in strike-shortened seasons, therefore..and you can put any negative ending on it that you want. So what does this mean, that he couldn't coach in regulation time? That his guys were sprinters, not distance runners? That the sight of picket lines inspired them to unbelievable frenzy? Finally, from Gerard, "Is there a chance he was overrated as a coach?" No. No chance. His guys won three Super Bowls, fair and square, and Gibbs was a terrific offensive innovator. Q2: Did Bobby Beathard get enough credit? A: Yes. Q3: Why does Gibbs go through so many quarterbacks?" A: Because Redskin decisions are by committee, and two of those committee members, Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, are stiffs."

Posted by: The Crickets | June 16, 2007 3:53 AM | Report abuse

Nate, et. al.,

I can't imagine an internet poll having much influence over ESPN's coverage of the NFL.
How's this for a radical idea? They cover WINNING teams more than LOSING teams?

And if you're feeling conflicted now, Nate, wait until you're on the 3rd tee at Greenback.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | June 16, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

anyone seen SMACK lately?

Posted by: Redskin Willie | June 16, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I think that the Skins and the Eagles will duke it out for the top 2 spots in the conference. Remember, we were 10-6 and made the playoffs 2 seasons ago and Campbell now has a year under his belt.

I'm calling:
1. Skins
2. Eagles
3. Cowboys
4. Giants

New coach in Dallas, same old schtick in NY (and no Tiki)-- I think that the skins should rise up here and surprise the naysayers.

Aww yeahhhh