Bradford talks about his visit with Redskins

The NFL's top draft prospects are on the ground in New York City, and this morning in Central Park they met with some members of the media.

Among other things, Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford discussed his visit with the Redskins and the possibility of playing for Washington.

Obviously, to get him, the Redskins would have to move up to No. 1 and would have to be okay with committing around $50 million to a quarterback who might not play for a couple of more years. Will it happen?

The NFL Network's Mike Mayock was also on hand this morning and he said Thursday might bring "the most movement we've seen in 10 years in the first round of the draft. I think people are going to be all over the place."

But that doesn't necessarily include the Redskins, he said.

"They don't have a whole lot of ammunition obviously except for that fourth pick," said Mayock. "They've got [Albert] Haynesworth, and they're creative. The way I look at it as it's a lot simpler than that. I look at it, okay, they've got McNabb, who is not as old as
people think. I think he's got three or four years left in him. They've got a solid defense, they've got a running attack and because of what Shanahan does, it'll be a better running attack. They need a left tackle. I happen to think Trent Williams fits what they do better than Russell Okung. But they're both very good football players. I think they stay put at four."

By Rick Maese  |  April 21, 2010; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  NFL Draft
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Haynesworth predicament is Redskins' trickiest of offseason
Next: Mock drafts reflect uncertainty over Redskins' plans at No. 4

Comments

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Rooneys trade a Superbowl MVP, and who quite honestly is a good reciever who like Ben has never been convicted, for a 5th round pick because he smokes weed.

If the Rooneys were soooo self-righteous, you'd think they'd settle for a late 1st rounder for Ben.

Unless of course...nah

If I'm on your shaft, MistaMaroon, then you are gay. Embrace it, don't use it to mock me dummy!

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 21, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Looks like Bradford is shooting "Blair Witch Project"!

Posted by: rickyroge | April 21, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Can't we have another update on the Haynesworth situtation? I'm sure there's a lot going on that you haven't told us about yet.

Posted by: League-Source | April 21, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Twitter
@Adam_Schefter the popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at eleven.

Posted by: Original_etrod | April 21, 2010 2:00 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Might as well. If Maroons are gonna believe anything the media has to say

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 21, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Saw Carriker, ernie sims and Ted Ginn all change teams for very cheap. Seems like teams 'over value' their draft picks this week.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 21, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

where the F is McNabbs' extension, this is highly unusual (see every other trade for marquis player)

worried, Haynesworth smokescreen

Posted by: pabrian2003 | April 21, 2010 12:02 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You really don't pay attention to anything do you? For the hundreth time, per the CBA, a player can't get an extention until a year has passed since his last contract negotiation. Please understand this and stop asking the same question over and over again.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 16, 2010 6:30 PM

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 21, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

"If I'm on your shaft, MistaMaroon, then you are gay."

That makes two of us, then.

And with that in mind, it's better to give than receive.

So turn around, and show me what you got.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 21, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

"If I'm on your shaft, MistaMaroon, then you are gay."

That makes two of us, then.

And with that in mind, it's better to give than receive.

So turn around, and show me what you got.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 21, 2010 2:09 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now you are talking to me sweetheart. Just remember to use two fingers

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 21, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

"Now you are talking to me sweetheart. Just remember to use two fingers.."

Don't worry, the only lubrication I got is spit, so three fingers will fit in just nicely before mistamagic, the one eyed snake, slides right in.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 21, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Can anyone explain to me how we went 4-12 and a turnover of our entire coaching staff and front office yet got the 8th toughest schedule in the league?

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 21, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 21, 2010 2:17 PM

That's easy. It's George Bush's fault.

Posted by: League-Source | April 21, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 21, 2010 2:17 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

8th toughest schedule based on last years results. Basically teams playing us won't see the same 4-12 squad though that's how it is interpreted. Don't worry by the end of the year, hindsight will prove that we have an easier schedule.

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 21, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

yikes!@!!

wrong blog, thought this was about the redskins....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 21, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

OK ... now is a moment when I look to the RI community for help. Obviously, I'm clueless regarding this kind of music (but I do know the House of Pain song), but Pete Carroll tweeted that these four songs are the clues to who the Seahawks are targeting in the draft ... who is it?

"Some of the selections so far include, "Jump Around" by House of Pain, "California Love" by Tupac, "Let the Beat Build" by Lil Wayne, "Back Door Man" by the Doors and "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson."

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Skins traditionally have always had a tough schedule, what with playing in the east.

Posted by: alex35332 | April 21, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 21, 2010 2:17 PM

How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does the sun set? How exactly does a positrack rear end on a Plymouth work? It just does.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 21, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse
that running back who sucker punched that guy?

Posted by: alex35332 | April 21, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Because we play three pretty good teams in our division twice.

Posted by: bones21 | April 21, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

I haven't been this excited about a new coach since Spurrier's "Fun-n-Gun" was going to help us light up the scoreboard... actually, I was pretty excited about the return of Joe Gibbs, too. Gibbs had us headed in the right direction.... But I have to admit, I got pretty Zorny when I thought our defense was stacked, and Zorn was going to coach up JC17 and all those young wideouts.

Today, I just know confident Shanahan will restore our running game and McNabb will rescue our passing game! Won't they?

Posted by: Alan4 | April 21, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 2:26 PM

I'm saying that Allen could learn a few things about smokescreens from Pete Carroll. I'm also saying that Pete Carroll doesn't know who he's picking in the draft.

Posted by: League-Source | April 21, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Let's get this frickin' draft over. I'm tired of guessing, and reading other guesses, and the bickering over who's right and wrong. Just do it, and then start from there with the rest of FA and camp. GO REDSKINS.

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 21, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 21, 2010 2:17 PM

The teams that they are to face were determined (by division) long before last season was over. We already know who the skins will face in 2011. There was an interesting Q&A with the guy actually in charge of the scheduling on nfl dot com….

Posted by: dlhaze1 | April 21, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 21, 2010 2:17 PM

I suspect that statistically it would always look like the worst teams have the toughest schedules b/c the worse a team is, the better other teams' records looking in comparison.

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

re tough schedule:
it's because of the tough divisions we play non-divisional games against. i believe the divisions are chosen on a rotating basis. you'll see our schedule is rated as "easier" than philly, dallas and the giants.

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | April 21, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

that running back who sucker punched that guy?

Posted by: alex35332 | April 21, 2010 2:29 PM

LeGarrette (sp?) Blount

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

bean

"...wrong blog, thought this was about the redskins..."

It's straight up in here, bro', I just decided to go all redDmv on someone who called me a name.

I don't care if someone says, "Hey, your're wrong."

But when you start the name calling, I'll go as low or gay as I can.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 21, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 21, 2010 2:17 PM
-------------------------------

To my knowledge, NFL scheduling ignores strength, relying on a rotating division system which - this year - pits NFC East teams vs NFC North and AFC South teams. All teams in those divisions will face all teams in the NFC East.

There are a couple of stragglers in there that I can never figure out, but they certainly aren't contributing to our strength of schedule (Bucs & Rams).

Posted by: mattsoundworld | April 21, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 21, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Two Joe Dirt references in one day. Not bad.

Either you recently watched the movie or Buffalo Bob stuffed a road flare up your bunghole. hoo-rah

Posted by: Original_etrod | April 21, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Sammy Sammy..........I wouldnt want to trad up, but if he is there at 4, you have to take him. He is the franchise QB we have been missing forever. We can still make some trades to get a LT. Heck send McNabb to the Rams for thier 2nd if they pass on Bradford.

Posted by: Redskinsdan | April 21, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

With all this AH-bashing... Has anyone got any stats on what % of plays he was in last year, versus the typical/average % for a DT or DE?

Posted by: Oogalaboogala

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | April 21, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

a great link provided earlier by dcsween:

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | April 21, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Last year's record only has an impact on two games for next season. This is how the schedule is made:

Every year the Skins play the NFC East teams twice - 6 games (3home/3away)

Every year they play all the teams in another NFC division on a rotating basis - 4 games (2home/2away)(this year NFC North)

Every year they play all the teams in an AFC division on a rotating basis - 4 games (2home/2away)(this year the AFC South)

Every year they play teams from the remaining NFC divisions that finished in the same position that Skins did. Last year the Skins finished last in NFC East, so they play the last place finishers of the NFC West and South - This year that is the Rams and Bucs respectively. (1home/1away)

Posted by: ELWOOD-BLUES | April 21, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

moe, don't let the amateurs get to you...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 21, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

I understand it was pre-ordained that we were playing the NFC East obviously and the AFC South. But getting MN and GB two playoff teams on top of having to already play Indy, Philly twice, and Dallas twice for a team that went 4-12 seems pretty harsh to me. But anyway here's my way too early prediction.

Week 1: Dallas W
Week 13: at NY Giants L
Week 14: Tampa Bay W
Week 15: at Dallas L
Week 16: at Jacksonville W
Week 17: NY Giants W

9-7, Wild Card

IMO the Eagles are now the worst team in our division, then the Giants (their defense got old fast and so did Jacobs), then us, then Dallas. All of this assumes the drafting of a LT tomorrow.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 21, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 21, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I wouldn't want us to trade up. But if he is there at 4, we should take him. Let him learn under a Pro Bowl/future HOF'er QB, and future HOF coach in Mike Shanny and in 3 or so years start him. Kyle Shanahan may be HC by then While papa Shanny takes over as GM/VP.

Posted by: roccoskins | April 21, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattsoundworld | April 21, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

If I could make an observation about the teams you mentioned above (Bucs & Rams).. we all finished at the bottom of our divisions in the NFC. I think that may have something to do with it, because it seems like we have played the Bucs the past 4-5 years.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 21, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattsoundworld | April 21, 2010 2:41 PM

The skins weighted schedule (2 games) was based on their finish from last year. That is why they play the bucs and rams again.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 21, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2-

Well you start off playing 6 games vrs the beast, which would make any schedule harder. You then move along and we got stuck playing the AFC South this year, which is also another strong division, Colts, Jaguars, Titans, and Texans, all are fairly decent teams. We also got stuck playing the NFC North, which has the Vikings, Packers, Bears and Lions... again another tough division.

Right there that is 11 games vrs teams that finished .500 or above (not sure if the Jags did or didn't, while the Bears and Lions were both under .500). Our other 2 games come from the bottom of the NFC West and the NFC South, which happen to be the Rams and the Bucs.

Thus, simply because the way the schedule is made, play 1 entire division from the AFC, 1 from the NFC along with your own division, we got a tough draw.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | April 21, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 21, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Two Joe Dirt references in one day. Not bad.

Posted by: Original_etrod | April 21, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Look man, nothing happend I swear!

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 21, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

The Skins will be competitive. Other than the OL and RB, this team has talent. Shanahan's coaching will make a huge difference in how we execute ... and we won't be outcoached on game day.

However, the schedule is unusually tough, ven for a last place team. The NFC East goes against the next strongest NFC division and the strongest AFC division. Unlikely to see a wild card from the NFC East.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 21, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

I think by definition, any team with a 2009 record better than 4-12 is a stronger team than ours... and frankly, that was most of them... save three. So based on relative power ratings, we'll naturally have a tougher schedule than most. Now with the 2010 schedule, it looks like it should be about a 6-10 season -- give or take one.

Posted by: Vic1 | April 21, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

If I'm StL and I don't have Bradford under contract, I'm trading the pick (1st choice) or grabbing someone else (2nd choice). Too big a $$$ risk. Plus, they obviously have other needs to address.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 21, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Our opponents

Dallas - no worse than last year
Houston - worse than last year
St. Louis - better than last year
Philadelphia - worse than last year
Green Bay - same as last year
Indianapolis - same as last year
Chicago - better than last year
Detroit - better than last year
Tennessee - worse than last year
Minnesota - worse than last year
NY Giants - same as last year
Tampa Bay - better than last year
Jacksonville - worse than last year

I make all of these predictions without knowing (1) who they will draft, (2) which key players will be injured, and (3) which free agents they will pick up between now and the end of next season.

With that knowledge base, combined with how little there is to know about the Skins, much less how Skins might match up against their opponents ... and knowing that the line btwn worst and first is razor thin (determined in large part by injuries and officiating), and knowing that every team has 53 guys who have full time jobs to play professional football ... my prediction for the Skins is SUPERBOWL VICTORY ... either than or the first pick in next year's draft.

Unregardless, power rankings = predicting win-loss records now = even talking about "strength of schedule" in any context other than after-the-fact.

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Unlikely to see a wild card from the NFC East.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 21, 2010 3:01 PM

Agree to disagree. NFC East will send both wild cards. See above.

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

With this schedule, I'll be happy with 6-10/ 7-9, sadly. This team does have talent, and with a real coach and a better scheme we'll be a lot more competitive, however we just play so many talented teams to see anything better for us. We'll be in close games but i just don't see us pulling them out this year.

We are still at or near the bottom of the east. No way we go 0-6 again, but 3-3 would be miraculous... more likely 2-4. Looking at the NFC North, both the Vikes and Pack will probably get us, but we should pull off wins vrs the Bears and the Lions. AFC South... maybe, maybe we'll beat the Jags, maybe? But outside of that I don't see a victory.

So right there were looking at, say we beat the Jags, 5 wins, 9 losses. I think we can get the Bucs and the Rams, thus finishing us off with a 7-9 record. Improvement and something to build off. Remember, no matter what anyone says this is a rebuilding year so, I'll take 3 more wins and a 2-4 division record in stride.

Might be harsh, but its probably the truth. We have a long way to go before we become good again, even with Mcnabb and Shanny.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | April 21, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

One thing I noticed about the schedule that I liked was no long distance cross country trips.

The last couple years we lost games late in the season on west coast trips ... san fran chargers.

Something about traveling across country late in the year seems to have a negative effect on this team.

This year we travel to texas twice and minn thats it. I don't think our schedule is as tough as it seems

Posted by: DG28 | April 21, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

If it come out of Mayock's mouth, then it is truth. Trent Williams, welcome to Washington.

Posted by: ddrcoaster | April 21, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Unlikely to see a wild card from the NFC East.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 21, 2010 3:01 PM

Agree to disagree. NFC East will send both wild cards. See above.

Posted by: dcsween

Agreed. But disagree that Jax and Tenn will be worse. Tenn was something like 0-6 with Collins, 7-3 with Young as QB. Don't know as much about Jax.

Not sure why Houston will be worse. philly, without Donovan, could be worse, but they were pretty young last year -- lots of guys still getting better.

Indy might be worse, but that won't make a difference to us.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 21, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Not that its easy to be objective about these things from the inside looking in, but this place shows the Skins as the only ones with a red and no dark greens.

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

that running back who sucker punched that guy?

Posted by: alex35332 | April 21, 2010 2:29 PM

LeGarrette (sp?) Blount

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 2:40 PM |

I don't see that as a sucker punch. Seemed more like the guy asked to hit and Blount obliged.

Posted by: mack1 | April 21, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2

9-7 or 10-6?

I can accept that.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 21, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Dallas - no worse than last year
Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 3:08 PM

I was thinking about this….Dallas hasn’t really made any moves yet this year have they? Other than cutting a few guys, including a starter at tackle and free safety. Maybe they have picked someone up and I just didn’t hear about it or forgot, but it seems to me that they have done literally nothing thus far to get better. I guess they are going to rely on the draft. And you make a good point about not knowing who will be injured….Dallas had zero injuries last year (other than a few minor ones) and if I remember correctly went into the playoffs with literally every starter healthy. I know they might be able to make some good moves in the draft and “get younger”, but there is no way they get as lucky as they did last year. Plus, I don’t think I have heard anything about them cutting Suisham yet (hee-hee!)……an injury here or there like what happens to most other teams could really fubar their season. I guess my point is that everyone is as usual penciling them in to win the NFC east, but I wouldn’t count on it. At least I am hoping……

Posted by: dlhaze1 | April 21, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ddrcoaster | April 21, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

And if it goes in Mayock's mouth, then its Mistamagic.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 21, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Tennessee's defense continues to get older. I don't think Mawae has been replaced or re-signed.

Jacksonville seems committed to David Garrard (error) and doesn't seem to have been helping him out with receiver help. Suspect secondary, suspect defensive line.

Houston is changing the offensive playbook. Philly outperformed its talent last year and that was WITH McNabb and Westbrook. Kolb will require at least 6-7 games to shakeout the willies. Winston Justice. Nuff said. Indianapolis is a steady high performer built for steady high performance for as a long as Peyton is upright. [Same thing with New England, who underperformed its talent level last year.]

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

If it come out of Mayock's mouth, then it is truth.

Posted by: ddrcoaster | April 21, 2010 3:17 PM

Mike Mayock-
"If you need a quarterback and believe there's a franchise quarterback on the board when you draft, you have to take him, because, in my opinion, you can't win a Super Bowl in the NFL without one of those guys."

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 21, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

I forgot about Suisham. Dallas will be worse. The only consistent fall off in the NFC East (every team) is the secondary. Every team needs a major talent upgrade in the secondary.

Jets will be better.

Posted by: dcsween | April 21, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Today is too quiet on the trade front across the league. Is everyone is so interested in talking about Ben R that nothing else is breaking through the static?

Posted by: manlius1 | April 21, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: crack1 | April 21, 2010 3:19 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Spoken like a azzhole republican! Yea right, violence solves everything, you phukin moron.

Nevermind the big sh!t talking Blount was spewing before the game. Let's all lose our cool and just start swinging blows in front of parents and children.

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 21, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

"....Dallas hasn’t really made any moves yet this year have they?"

I hate to give props to the enemy, but Dallas actually might be ready to make a Super Bowl run.

The haven't changed much as they haven't much to change.

They only have to draft a tackle and depth players.

In the NFC East, you have to see the iggles as weaken, the jints confused, the skins, an unknown.

Dallas will be preseason favs to win the East with reason.

Now, are they ready to compete with Minn and Nawlins?

That's the only about the teaam there is.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 21, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

ita time....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 21, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

Houston had major problems at RB last year, not sure why. Its not lack of talent (Slaton fumbled a lot, but that is curable). Schaub and Andre are just getting started, Mario Williams is entering his prime. That's why I think Houston isn't dropping.

Tennessee was 8-2 with Young at QB, so I guess the question is, are the worse than the 8-2 finish or worse than the 8-8 team that started 0-6.

Not sure about Jax, though they did have 1 WR who showed something last year.

As for philly, westbrook wasn't much of a factor. maclin, djax, celek, mccoy are all 25 or younger. Losing Donovan hurts, but that was a pretty young team in a lot of areas.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 21, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

I got news for you guys predicting 9-7, 10-6... Just remember predictions this time last year: 'The Oline is good enough, we expect to make the playoffs on the strength of good defense and a strong running game'. Even with Okung or Williams, everything from the Center-Right is a question mark.

And like 2008, a decent line in camp and 8 games into the season means jack squat!

Posted by: mattsoundworld | April 21, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 21, 2010 3:33 PM

I actually mostly agree with you Moe…..same system, same core players, etc. They SHOULD only get better, but if they keep suisham on the team you can pencil in him causing a loss or two, and they only won a wildcard game with a completely healthy roster. When they met up with most “good teams” last year they didn’t look quite as mighty (except maybe against the Saints, who were in a rut; heck the skins almost beat them the week before), and again, they had NO injuries of any sort of concern. I’m just not gonna a crown them yet…..but if they can get Romo under control by helping him eliminating some of his dumass decisions, they could be really scary. Romo is a Parcells type coach away from becoming elite. Wade Phillips and Jason Garret are not the type of guys to put their foot up his arse.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | April 21, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinshaveaGM

Cause I'm sure there weren't any derogative remarks made to blount about his race.

now when he almost went into the stands that was the problem not him punching some redneck who probably deserved it.

Its interesting what is done to punish violence from sport to sport. remember earlier this year when britny griner punched a girl in game. She only got one game. Or in baseball someone can throw a ball 90 mph at someones head and only miss one game. Yet blount lost millions due to lost draft position for his incident.

I am not condoning what he did just think he was punished more than others especially when $ is factored in.

Posted by: DG28 | April 21, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Um. I know democrats who fight. wtSJK.

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 21, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse