Colt McCoy appears long shot to become a Redskin

Colt McCoy's visit to Redskins Park on Tuesday was overshadowed a bit by Donovan McNabb's arrival, so let's take a couple of minutes to chat about the Texas quarterback.

Whether or not you believe the Redskins are interested in drafting another quarterback , it would seem that McCoy would be the biggest long shot of the bunch to end up in Washington(yes, even less likely that Tim Tebow).

McCoy isn't big enough to wow scouts, and his arm is far from a cannon. His footwork is suspect. He doesn't have the experience under center and has to show he can adjust to a pro style offense.

Recently, one NFL quarterback who says he saw plenty of McCoy in college offered this scouting report:

"He's of course an extremely good college quarterback. I don't know about the NFL. He could be there for a number of years, I don't doubt that. But as far as him being a starting quarterback and being the impact player he was in college, I don't see it. I don't think he has a real strong arm. I think their offense told you that. If you watch their games, 95 percent of their passes were somewhere between the 5-10-yard passing range. He's a real good athlete, but he's not real big. That could hurt him, too."

Shanahan has said he intends to personally scout the draft's top four or five running backs. We know the team has scheduled private workouts with Jimmy Clausen and Sam Bradford. They've invited at least four quarterbacks to visit Redskins Park: Clausen (last week), Bradford (today), McCoy (Monday) and Tebow (this week).

By Rick Maese  |  April 7, 2010; 10:34 AM ET
Categories:  NFL Draft  | Tags: Colt McCoy Redskins, Redskins Colt McCoy, Redskins NFL draft, Redskins draft, Redskins quarterbacks
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tennessee DT Dan Williams talks about Haynesworth, visit with Redskins
Next: Haynesworth to skip Redskins voluntary workouts, attend mandatory sessions

Comments

"I think the Iggles didn't want AH for the same reason that they wanted to move out McNabb - they are going younger and cheaper and they want picks."

I saw some statistic where the average age of the starters on their offense is now 24.

That's crazy young.

Hopefully, they have a slow season start we are able to take advantage of.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Memo to Washington Post. All top 100 players are a long shot to be a Redskin as we have omly the #4 pick

Posted by: DG28 | April 7, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

We already have a "Colt" who is an undersized noodle armed QB.

Pass.

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

"Shanahan has said he intends to personally scout the draft's top four or five running backs."

Typo. You meant QBs.

Posted by: ethanlj | April 7, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Colt McCoy not going to be a Redskin huh?

Wow, that is real insider information.

Any word on anything thats not completely obvious to the known universe? Like, who JC17 is going to end up with and more importantly, the price he will fetch?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

By JReid

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Really??!!

Irregardless of the Texas Pipeline from Kyle who was a football player there in the early 2000s???

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 7, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

"If you watch their games, 95 percent of their passes were somewhere between the 5-10-yard passing range."

Sounds like he would have been perfect last year for Zorny's offense.

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Question:

The Ravens are interested in a TE in the first rd and have their sights set Gresham and Dickerson.

Would you give up Cooley or Davis for Gaither?

We may have to throw in a conditional pick next year but that would give both teams flexibility with their 1st pick.

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 7, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

its "regardless" and it was rick not jreid

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Question:

Would you give up Cooley or Davis for Gaither?

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 7, 2010 10:41 AM |

My first thought would be no to do it. At the end of the day, the Skins will still need to replace whomever is traded. Just not enough picks to that this year.

Posted by: TWISI | April 7, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 7, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

I would do it IF, we were able to trade down from #4 to aquire more picks.. I'm a huge Cooley fan, but at this stage in their careers, I think Davis has a little more upside.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 7, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

How about JC17 and AH92 to DEN for BMarshall and a 2nd?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

"...I'm a huge Cooley fan, but at this stage in their careers, I think Davis has a little more upside."

I'd keep Cooley and use Davis as a fifth receiver.

That allows you to keep an extra blocking tight end/fullback/scatback type on the roster.

You keep an another receiver on the practice squad and hope no one sees him.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I'd keep Cooley and use Davis as a fifth receiver.

You keep an another receiver on the practice squad and hope no one sees him.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

So would you vote no to trading either to BMore for Gaither?

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 7, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

How about JC17 and AH92 to DEN for BMarshall and a 2nd?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:53 AM

Yes. Although I don't think Den would go for it and they run a 3-4.

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 7, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

That's crazy young.

Hopefully, they have a slow season start we are able to take advantage of.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 10:37 AM

I saw that too...but I think it's the average age of their starters on offense, if I'm not mistaken.

But you're right...we should capitalize on that. I'll be stunned if we don't sweep the Eagles next year.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 7, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

How about JC17 and AH92 to DEN for BMarshall and a 2nd?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:53 AM

The Broncos didn't want JC last year, doubt that has changed. They also play 3-4 - AH not a good fit there.

Posted by: skinswest | April 7, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

You keep an another receiver on the practice squad and hope no one sees him.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 10:54 AM

Because all the other GMs are blind. Our practice squad was raided pretty regularly and that was when Vinny was stocking it.

Posted by: League-Source | April 7, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Id vote no on the TE for Gaither.

Here, he would be a RT, no? Or are you projecting him at LT?

My thinking he is a RT, and I say sign The Hotel and still get the decade solution at number 4 in Okung.

I don't like the idea of parting w/ either TE.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Blockbuster trade time ... again in less than a week:

Haynesworth & Landry to the Rams in exchange for Carriker & Atogwe.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

How about JC17 and AH92 to DEN for BMarshall and a 2nd?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I keep seeing people suggesting we trade JC to Denver, but the Broncos turned their nose up to Jason last year in favor of Orton. That's one team that would seem to be a non-option.

I think Carolina is the only team that makes sense and they know it. We're not going to get much out of them unless Campbell and his agent can gin up some interest from a few more teams.

Posted by: MColeman51 | April 7, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

How about JC17 and AH92 to DEN for BMarshall and a 2nd?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:53 AM

B.Marshall is more of a malcontent head-case than AH92, besides I think Marko Mitchell has B.Marshall potential.

But I'll take a 2nd for JC!

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

its "regardless" and it was rick not jreid

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:43 AM |

I believe it's actually irregardfulless.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 7, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 11:01 AM

He played LT @ Bmore. He's available because Harbaugh is pissed he didn't show up for "voluntary" workouts. They also question his desire to play thru nagging injuries.

He's only 24. This is what KC Joyner had to say about him.

Gaither is near elite status

"Gaither has been a starter for the past two seasons and in that time his metrics have been nothing short of superb. He has allowed only seven total sacks in 27 games and only one of these was a one-on-one sack (defined as when a defender beats a blocker in a one-on-one environment and tackles the quarterback in the pocket within three seconds of the snap). That illustrates Gaither's dominant pass blocking skills, but his run blocking numbers are also quite notable. Gaither was at the Point of Attack (POA) on 300 running plays the past two years and he won his block 255 times, or 85 percent of the time. That is a solid number on its own, but his 2009 POA win rate of 89.0 percent is even more noteworthy. To put that total into perspective, consider that in a typical NFL season, a little less than one out of ten offensive linemen will crack the 90 percent POA win mark. Gaither was on the precipice of that mark last year despite battling injuries."

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 7, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

its "regardless" ...

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:43 AM

its "unregardless"

Denver is set on QBs ... for better or worse, they are going with Orton or Quinn next year.

Bulger would have gone ahead of every UFA QB this year if he had been available. Whatever trigger almost got pulled in trading Campbell just got unpulled when the likely trade partners decided to see what they could negotiate with Bulger. Bulger does not suck.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I'd keep Cooley and use Davis as a fifth receiver.

You keep an another receiver on the practice squad and hope no one sees him.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

So would you vote no to trading either to BMore for Gaither?

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 7, 2010 10:57 AM
=================
i think you move Cooley.. His best days may be behind him.
I believe he took some plays off for his knees last year before the fracture. And that break was freakish.. He was not touched at all..just doing a simple sand-lot type button-hook move.
On the other hand.. other teams who saw the footage of the fracture will be thinking the same.. so you may not get much for him.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 7, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

How about JC17 and AH92 to DEN for BMarshall and a 2nd?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:53 AM

While BM is a very good player, I would rather see how our young guys develop under DM5. Also I think we could get a lower second rounder for AH and maybe a 4th for JC.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 7, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Question:

Would you give up Cooley or Davis for Gaither?

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 7, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Yes and yes.

At 24 years old, Gaither is still really young but he's already a proven commodity at LT - a premiere position.

I like both our TEs, but when you compare a 24-year old proven LT with a talented pass-catching TE, I think it's a no-brainer which is more valuable to your team.

This gives us flexibility at #4 to trade down and recoup picks and still get another tackle a little later in the draft.

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Blockbuster trade time ... again in less than a week:

Haynesworth & Landry to the Rams in exchange for Carriker & Atogwe.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:02 AM

Sween, you may be onto something...the Rams are being mentioned as one of the few interested teams in AH and reportedly Jim Haslett is big on getting Carriker in burgundy and gold. Picks or no picks, I'd take that deal and count it a win.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 7, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

"Not that we should care about AH wishes but I believe the logical trade partners would be the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Jags, & Titans."

In a game of hypothetical, wouldn't you want to trade down should the lions take Okung?

Then who becomes your partner?

I'd say the Titans as he'd see it as he's going home, they get help on their d-line with a known player, and we get value in round 2 or 3.

But otherwise, why move him at all?

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Carolina has "hand" in any deal for Campbell b/c of Bulger's availability.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Blockbuster trade time ... again in less than a week:

Haynesworth & Landry to the Rams in exchange for Carriker & Atogwe.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:02 AM

Yeah that would be a blockbuster trade...for the Rams.

We would be giving them arguably the best DT in the NFL for a guy approaching "bust" status in Adam Carriker.

LL30 for Atogwe is "whatver" in my book. I don't think we need a superstar at FS, we just need a guy who understands coverages and won't get burned deep.

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

'Irregardless' is nonstandard.

But if 'meh' is in the dictionary, then you can say 'irregardless' in my book.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 7, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

i think you move Cooley.. His best days may be behind him.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 7, 2010 11:08 AM

League-Source's Law of Trade Value:

You can only get full value for guys you don't want to trade. As soon as you make up your mind you're willing to trade a guy, it's already too late.

Posted by: League-Source | April 7, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

its "regardless" and it was rick not jreid

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 10:43 AM

You say po-tay-toe

I say po-ta-toe

But....That's in my dictionary.....so it's was right the 1st time I used it....

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 7, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

And can calculate angles on the fly. And tackle.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

brownwood26, the reasons I toss in the safety exchange: (1) I think Haynesworth is a proven disruptor whereas Carriker is not, (2) I think Atogwe is more proven than Landry, and (3) there's been plenty of talking about the disgruntling of Haynesworth by being dangled for a trade, but I figure that Landry must be feeling similarly disgruntled.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:16 AM

Agreed...The Rams would have to throw in a pick or 2 to make that deal happen.

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 7, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I'd say the Titans as he'd see it as he's going home, ...

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 11:14 AM

Home is where the money is.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

But if 'meh' is in the dictionary.....

Posted by: RedDMV | April 7, 2010 11:18 AM

It's only in the dyslexic's dictionary. You're looking at hem, Red. Almost an upskirt, but not quite.

Posted by: League-Source | April 7, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Carolina has "hand" in any deal for Campbell b/c of Bulger's availability.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Frankly if I were Carolina, I'd go with Bulger. John Fox needs to win now and Bulger is a more proven QB in the NFL. He's abit of an injury liability, but Matt Moore played pretty well in relief of Delhomme.

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

'Irregardless' is nonstandard.

But if 'meh' is in the dictionary, then you can say 'irregardless' in my book.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 7, 2010 11:18 AM

I remember having this debate up here about a year ago...it's in the dictionary, but so is the word "ain't". Both are acknowledged as words but are basically used by people who don't speak properly.

So basically, "irregardless" is the stuff that gifted orators like Emmitt Smith are made of...

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 7, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

And can calculate angles on the fly. And tackle.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 11:19 AM

Atogwe isn't known as a hard or heavy hitter (like Ed Reed or Bob Sanders ... or the late Sean Taylor). He's known as a smart guy who doesn't let the team get burned deep ... plus a ball hawk and pick machine.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

4thFloor -

Please learn to use proper grammer before slamming the author, whom I imagine has a better education than you. Irregardless is a double negative and bad grammer. You want to use the word "regardless."

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

okung at left tackle and flozel at right tackle..... me likey....

Posted by: OriginalOldschool1 | April 7, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Sho nuff

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:25 AM

Please learn to use proper spelling before you go all school-marm up here, leafbowel.

Posted by: League-Source | April 7, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:23 AM

My thoughts exactly. Bulger would come cheaper and would instantly become the best #2 QB in the league. I suspect that they really do believe in Matt Moore (and they should) but just need a safety blanket. The thing is that, as it relates to the negotiation with Carolina, Bulger has "hand" because he would want to start (and the Bills would be ready to let him start). The Bills situtation seems only a step better than going to Oakland, the Guantanamo of the NFL. The only hand the Bills have is that they are not Oakland.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

well, regardless of which word is proper, i'm pretty sure grammar has no e.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

But anyway....My point was Kyle Shanny is a Longhorn....

Irregardless of whatever you guys think, what does he think?

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 7, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, Should have been grammar. REGARDLESS, my point still stands. Please use it.

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:25 AM

Good luck, spelling cop. "Impact" is not a verb but everyone commonly uses it like one to mean the same thing as "cause an adverse impact," so its in common use.

Texting is changing the language. People are starting to use the numeral "4" as a legitimate substitute for the preposition "for." Language, and particularly spelling, is continually becoming simpler ... words like "lite" and "nite" and "ketchup."

Any thoughts about football?

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Bulger is a shadow of his former self.. I would rather have JC than Bulger.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 7, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I say sign Sharper, no to Flozell, re sign L. Jones (if Gaither deal can't be reached), draft Okung (if available), and we have a pretty solid team...at least on paper.

Posted by: duncanrobee | April 7, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

well, regardless of which word is proper, i'm pretty sure grammar has no e.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | April 7, 2010 11:31 AM

Aloha! You got that right. grammer is irreproperless, and puffed up school-marms should know that before the proceed to call others out.

Posted by: League-Source | April 7, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Bulger is a shadow of his former self.. I would rather have JC than Bulger.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 7, 2010 11:33 AM
====================
you're kidding, right?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 7, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Redisregardless of grammar cops up here, I got nothing.

Posted by: 4-12 | April 7, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I think we should spend a little time discussing the statement "I could not care less" vs. "I could care less" ... that one never gets old.

Remind me, has Antonio Pierce been picked up yet? And can we spend a little time discussing the wisdom of letting him go?

[Just in case no one bites on that one, I wanted to compare Atogwe to Ryan Clark ... remember him? Let's discuss him.]

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

irreproperless isn't a word. Check your education yourself.

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

4thFloor -

Posted by: leafbowl

This is one of those karma things...

Posted by: RedDMV | April 7, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Holy crap an English class. Later.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 7, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

is continually becoming simpler ... words like "lite" and "nite" and "ketchup."

Any thoughts about football?

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:33 AM

I believe it's now "fubbal"

Posted by: 4-12 | April 7, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

"League-Source's Law of Trade Value:

Posted by: League-Source | April 7, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse"

Unless you're offering Jay Cutler.

Or Clinton Portis.

Or Eric Dickerson.

Or Joe Montana.

Or Marshall Faulk.

Or any player multiple teams are willing to bid on.

Posted by: psps23 | April 7, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:31 AM

Dude, give it up. You have no blog credibility. Correct thing to do is either (1) say "Sorry, I guess I got carried away" or (2) change your screen name. It's not that hard. I've done it many times myself.

Posted by: League-Source | April 7, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Back to the issue at hand, Colt McCoy.

Pass (by which I mean not interested, rather the job description).

If not Bradford or Jimmy ("Jimmy likes Elaine"), the wait till later and get Jevon Snead.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

English is a "living" language which means we are creating new vocabulary all the time.

So have at it...

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:25 AM

This is what he has on Facebook:

College:New Mexico '01
University Studies!!!!

This is what I have on Facebook:

Colleges:Bowie State '03
Accounting
UMES
Accounting
University of the District of Columbia

Motgomery College - Takoma Park

+++++++++++++++++++++++

So, Sit down and STFU and enjoy the ride...Cuz I'm gonna be me irregardless of what some dopey bama from no where thinks.......

Did you know only the brave one create new words......The scared ones are trapped by their 6 walls to nowhere land

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 7, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Holy crap an English class. Later.

Posted by: scampbell1975

The "How Obama is screwing up the country" class is on tap for 7:30 PM today. Check with your guidance counselor. Hope to see you there!

Diesel44, what kind of beer you sip on?

Posted by: RedDMV | April 7, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Since everyone is throwing out trades they hope for I will toss mine out there. The skins should wait until the lions make the no. 2 pick and then they should send AH and MK12 to detroit for Megatron and a 3rd. Schwartz could have a Suh/Haynesworth at his tackles why the lions get an up and coming receiver and get out from Megatron's (Calvin Johnson) contract. With the skins paying AH's bonus his contact is essentially three years for 16M with 9 guaranteed. That is manageable for any team. After this year Megatron's contract has cap hits of 11M in 2011 and 15M in 2012. If any team knows how to restructure a deal and make it work its the skins.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 7, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I always thought 4th was joking with the "irregardless" stuff.

Grammar (or grammer) is boring anyway. Let's rip each other to shreds over politics or religion.

Posted by: mack1 | April 7, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

So have at it...

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:42 AM

Plan B would be to start posting in Latin (or maybe the pig or op variants thereof).

Back to the Front Office and the big "plan" ... now I'm wondering whether there ever was one, and if there was, whether the whole thing got re-written based on the McNabb thing ... or whether the McNabb thing has been in the works for months (which I'm guessing is a "no" because they don't have a long term deal yet). How do you PLAN to get McNabb? Maybe it was all a contingency or hypothetical that Phily had depending on whether they could get any takers for Vick.

Tangential coffee-inspired thought ... Vick beats out Kolb in camp.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Diesel44, what kind of beer you sip on?

Posted by: RedDMV | April 7, 2010 11:43 AM

The guy's name is Diesel44. Do you think he even knows the brand? He'll sip on anything that anyone buys him. And when he's paying the buys the generic can that says "BEER".

Posted by: League-Source | April 7, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

4th, you think a few degrees make you smart?

You still a dumb bama, young...

Posted by: RedDMV | April 7, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | April 7, 2010 11:47 AM

Actually, it is a running joke...It's in my vocab, but used infrequently......

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 7, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 7, 2010 11:45 AM

If Schwartz had Haynesworth, he would even LESS incentive to draft a DT. Disregardless, Lions will be drafting Okung.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | April 7, 2010 11:47 AM

Actually, it is a running joke...It's in my vocab, but used infrequently......

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 7, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

This isn't a blog...it's a comment forum, two completely different things. Also bloggers are everywhere - anyone can be one. It doesn't take much to be a blogger. They're not even considered press at most events. Keep trying though...

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Tangential coffee-inspired thought ... Vick beats out Kolb in camp.

Posted by: dcsween | April 7, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

This is exactly my frustration with the McNabb move.

Yesterday people were killing me for being an "unbeliever" and a "doubter" in McNabb's skills.

My frustration had nothing to do with McNabb himself, but with what this trade means in terms of the direction of the team vis-a-vis a supposed great "plan" that Shallen supposedly had in place for this team.

It just kind of feels like we're (once again) making it up as we go along, grasping for that "one" player that will suddenly put is contention for a championship...

Posted by: p1funk | April 7, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

mistamayor

"Bulger is a shadow of his former self.. I would rather have JC than Bulger."

This point alone begs for a thread that's an analysis of possible JC landing spots, and what might the best return for us might be.

Already, we know he might be of value to the raiders, bills, panthers, vikings, rams, and anyone else needing a vet to back up an establish starter.

Is Campbell worth a low 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder?

I'd say a low 3rd is desired, but a 4th rounder more likely.

And as to where?: Campbell would look fine in Carolina fighting with M Moore for a starting spot.

Also, he's an upgrade over T Jackson or S Rosenfels in Minn..

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 7, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

mack1, your god sucks. Mine is better.

League-S, they have generic beer?

I don't drink malt liquor and I don't drink anything that you can get in a 40oz. (Sorry to CRUSH that sterotype).

Sh*t, I don't even drink Hennessy!

Posted by: RedDMV | April 7, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

New Mexico '01??? Not sure if that's a joke, but that's not me. Don't know where you've been looking. Also MC? Haha nice.

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

New vocab does happen but proper grammar is still something we should all try to hold up and it doesn't really change much over the years. You won't do very well in a job without it.

At the same time, it's an online comment thing - spelling and grammar mistakes happen. No biggie. More imporantly, lets go enjoy the sunshine and the CAPS kicking butt last night!

Posted by: leafbowl | April 7, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Albert burned too many bridges here in Nashville. Punk is the nicest description I've heard used to describe him....After Pacman Jones and Albert, management finally decided that locker room attitude really did matter. No interest in having him back with the Titans.

Posted by: tnulta | April 7, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse