Eric Berry's visit with Redskins continues

Former Tennessee free safety Eric Berry arrived as scheduled Wednesday night to begin a visit with the Redskins that continues Thursday, according to a league source.

In some mock drafts, Berry, whom many talent evaluators have rated as the top coverage safety in this year's class, has been linked with the Kansas City Chiefs, who hold the fifth overall pick -- one spot behind the Redskins. Berry was a big-time playmaker in college, having produced 494 yards and three touchdowns on 14 interceptions during three seasons for the Volunteers.

Quarterback Jason Campbell, Washington's starter the past three-plus seasons, can become an unrestricted free agent after this season and Pro Bowl left tackle Chris Samuels retired last month, so I would be surprised if the Redskins did not select a quarterback or a tackle with the fourth pick. Berry, however, is an intriguing option because of the increased emphasis Coach Mike Shanahan and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett have put on producing more turnovers.

And one assistant coach on another team recently told me that Berry simply "gets it" in regard to understanding how to play his position and what he must do to succeed in the NFL. To be sure, the Redskins could use a few more guys like that.

By Jason Reid  |  April 1, 2010; 9:04 AM ET
Categories:  3-4 defense , Jim Haslett , Mike Shanahan , NFL Draft
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Okung might be right fit for Redskins no matter who is weighing in on decision
Next: Albert Haynesworth's $21 million option bonus to be paid today

Comments

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 1, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Whow see that was a good post J-Reid, I think they have to check out Berry but I doubt they will draft him.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

ugh... lol.

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 1, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

what no comments from VC on this guy? I mean, he's a consultant for the team right??

Berry is a good player, but at this point is a HIGH END LUXURY that this team cannot afford, with the holes that they have.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 1, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Snyder is going to be involved in the draft processes... he signs the checks!

And it's not going to chump change for the top LT or QB selected with the #4 pick.

Posted by: siris | April 1, 2010 9:13 AM |

siris,

You are correct Snyder will be involved, once Shanny makes the pick and Allen negotiates the contract Snyder will sign the check.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

I also like Berry, but we can not afford to draft a S with that pick!

Posted by: SkinsFan37years | April 1, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

They have to draft OL in the first round and second.
If they trade down from #4 to say 7-10 they would still obtain a highly rated OT and could pick up an extra pick or two.

This team has several needs.
The time to get more picks is now because we have such a pick at #4!!

This team is tooo weak to bank on a #4 pick, unless it is a can't miss QB.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | April 1, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

I'm not "back"

Posted by: Chia_Pet | March 31, 2010 8:37 PM

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 1, 2010 9:16 AM

Apparently the schizophrenia meds aren't working. Welcome baaaaaaaack, Chia_Pet! Or not. Everyone missed you.

Posted by: League-Source | April 1, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Who thinks a team is going to give 6 picks for the #4 pick,COME ON.
How old are you?

Posted by: SkinsFan37years | April 1, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

JREID -- THANKS!!!

You take a bunch of crap on here unnecessarily. I guess that comes with with the territory. But, thanks for checking up on the Cerrato thing. We were talking about Lombardi's story yesterday on here and (in my John Madden voice) BOOM! you clear things up in your next post as much as the Redskins and Cerrato will allow. So, thanks for reading our comments and doing the leg work. Bravo.

Keep getting it.

Posted by: C-DubDC | April 1, 2010 9:04 AM |

ah Dude, it's April Fools. Cerrato is no where close to the building.

btw is your Refrigerator running?
Can you please ask if Mike Hunt is around?

Dork

Posted by: ChrisWoody | April 1, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I think the only player people are going to covet at 4 is Suh, so if he dropes to us then theres a chance to trade down otherwise I don't see it.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

could we use this guy? Absolutely. free range saftey that's exactly what the doctor ordered. man very tempting. but not at the top of the priority list. Maybe the only scenerio where we would even consider taking this kid and finally put LL back where he belongs at SS, is Okung, bradford gone and no trade down possible, then maybe.

Posted by: sthai75 | April 1, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

what team has two ones and two two's skinfan37....

that guy is on crack!

Posted by: Zeebs | April 1, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 1, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

And, yet, I can't help not caring.

Posted by: Original_etrod | April 1, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

LS,

Manning, Peyton had the worst pro day apparently. So while there might be different reactions, they are barely a barometer on how a QB will perform on the next level.

Posted by: Zeebs | April 1, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

League Source!

QUIT SNIFFIN MY PANTIES

would ya?

or at least tell us who your favorite celeb is?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 1, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 1, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

I was a little shocked when reading the rumors linking VC being on the payroll in any capacity, much less a consultant. With BA/MS running things, there is no way they are taking advice from VC.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 1, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

JREID -- THANKS!!!

Keep getting it.

Posted by: C-DubDC | April 1, 2010 9:04 AM |

ah Dude, it's April Fools. Cerrato is no where close to the building.

btw is your Refrigerator running?
Can you please ask if Mike Hunt is around?

Dork

Posted by: ChrisWoody | April 1, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

-------------------------------

Dude, be a little bit more knowledgeable. Read what I'm saying: I'm not saying it's true, either. I asked JREID to confirm or debunk Lombardi's story from yesterday, which claimed Cerrato still has say at Redskins Park. JREID dutifully did his job and ran down the story -- why are you coming after me??? I'm FRIGGING ecstatic to be rid of him! Think and read before you let your fingers type something that make you look like an idiot.

Posted by: C-DubDC | April 1, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Agreed Greg...I'm highly likely to assemble a posse to storm Redskins Park with pitchforks and torches if we take another safety in the 1st round...

You can get safety help late in the draft or even with undrafted guys (see Horton, Chris and Clark, Ryan). Taking one at any point in the first two days of the draft would be insane.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 1, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

I'm willing to bet my lunch money there is no way they take a safety at #4.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 1, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Has the Post written a thread about Okung coming in for a visit? Did I miss it?

CSN reported last night that Okung will be visiting the Skins.

Posted by: Lisa_R | April 1, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I'm willing to bet my lunch money there is no way they take a safety at #4.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 1, 2010 9:32 AM |

If you work in DC that could be a lot.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

all teams bring in guys just to keep other teams guessing...its been happening for years...They are avoiding mentioning Okung's name, which is a good sign I hope. what I am expecting:

With the fourth pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Washington Redskins select: OT Okung

Posted by: MajorFacemask | April 1, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Even BETTER Beyonce THIGHS!!

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 1, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

Posted by: Chia_Pet

Must've gotten hard to post under all those names you've created in the last month or so.

There was this one dude who claims he was your attorney (can't remember their name) -- I'm sure that was you trying to front.

Anyway, how's been things, cho cha?

Posted by: RedDMV | April 1, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: C-DubDC | April 1, 2010 9:29 AM

(well since you put it in your best MADDEN voice and all, I thought you were serious)

BOOM

JReid has "run down" a story since he got here, he once again, read someone elses article and changed a word here or there.

Bravo

Posted by: ChrisWoody | April 1, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Since our second round pick might be enough for Jared Gaither from the Ravens, trade for Gaither, put him at LT and then draft best available at 4, which would be Berry. Our Defense would be pretty close to what it was when Taylor was playing center field. That's only if we can't trade down. I would love to see us trade that #4 pick to Cleveland for their 1st, 3rd and 4th. It works out on the all important draft value chart.

Posted by: rreader | April 1, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Mmmm hmmmm, RedDMV.

I've been creating new handles on da blog. It's the only true source of joy in my otherwise ho hum existence.

This blog is the shining light in a sea of darkness.

Ya got me!

You guys are great!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 1, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 1, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse
___________

I completely agree that he's a "high end luxury"; however, what happens if the top three picks are Bradford, Okung, and Suh? Then what do the 'Skins do? I'm not really sure who should be next in the pecking order. Berry might be the best talent left at that point, by far.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | April 1, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MajorFacemask

Actually, CSN reported last night that Okung is coming in for a visit. Guess the Post has not found out about this yet.

That being said, last night on NFL Live, it was mentioned the "bringing in of the players" is all smoke and mirrors. They said Shanahan did not bring Cutler in and Schlereth said he never spoke to the Redskins before being drafted by them. Other examples were mentioned as well.

Posted by: Lisa_R | April 1, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

But seriously...

other than Beyonce, because that's so easy,

whom else do you all fancy?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 1, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Lisa, stuff like that is real information, which you wont find here...

Here, we get stuff like VC is still a consultant with the team...

Like there is any-way, when Shanny was brought on that Snyder said to him, "listen, my buddy vincent is without a job, and would like to have some say on some stuff", and Shanny agreed to it.....

Right...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 1, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

I'm willing to bet my lunch money there is no way they take a safety at #4.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 1, 2010 9:32 AM |

If you work in DC that could be a lot.

Posted by: Flounder21

Don't forget the 5¢ bag tax.

I dig this area -- DMV and what not -- but D.C. can be some all out straight bamas.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 1, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa_R | April 1, 2010 9:40 AM

Schlereth was drafted by the Skins in the 10th round. In todays world, he would have been a FA, not too many FA get brought in.

Posted by: ChrisWoody | April 1, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget the 5¢ bag tax.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 1, 2010 9:42 AM |

Your not lying Red, they get you with that by the pound crap.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I posted the other night that Chris Russell over at 106.7 the fan stated that he was told by a current player that one facet of the "Redskins" defense will be the use of a 4-2-5 defense with the extra secondary player being a safety. Move emphasis will be placed on the safeties as they will be making a majority of the secondary checks. The ability for the safeties to cover will be very important to the success of this package.

Posted by: TWISI | April 1, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

This seems to me that the skins are using this two day visit as maybe bait to KC to trade down a pick? I don't know, maybe pick up an extra 4th round pick or something, which could make up a bit for the missing 3rd rounder.

Posted by: Bog_Reader | April 1, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

what, no one bit on the April Fools? c'moon mang.

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 1, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26

Drafting a Safety in the top 5 is not unheard of and actually worked out for us several years back. I'm not saying that Berry = #21, but with multiple holes I consider it a possibility. We are not going to plug all the holes this year no matter what we do. I'll be happy with a non-bust to plug SOME hole at #4.

Posted by: amaranthpa | April 1, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Here, we get stuff like VC is still a consultant with the team...

Right...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 1, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Could be smoke and mirrors to trade VC for picks.. 6th rounder from the Raiders?

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 1, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Berry at #4 would make me angry. I wouldn't mind taking Nate Allen in the second round though. I think first round has to be Okung or Trent Williams. The second can be BPA in a position of need. I think we can find a starting right tackle in the 4th round. A guy like Kyle Calloway may be there in the 4th. I wouldn't mind taking Ciron Black to play right tackle either.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | April 1, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

sfit, not even crazy al davis is that far gone to make that trade.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 1, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Michael Lombardi wrote an excellent piece about Washington's longtime interest in former Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen and the potential ongoing role Vinny Cerrato, formerly Washington's executive vice president of football operations, might play in determining whether the team drafts Clausen.

By JReid

I said this SJK back in JAnuary. Peeps up here claimed I didn't know what I was talking about......

Keep calling me crazy!

MArshall will be traded here on draft day (unless seattle trades one of their 1st rounders for him)

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 1, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

trade #4 overall for 6 picks, which would be the scenario below:

two- 1st round picks (19 overall & 28 overall)
two- 2nd round picks
one- 3rd round pick
one- 5th rounder pick;
if SHANNALLENHAM, work something out, this could be a great scenario!

Zeebs; I'm not sure if you're aware about the NFL draft chart that shows what the value is for every single pick.

a #4 overall is worth 1800 points; if someone is interested badly in Clausen or Berry will sure can offer you the world, I wouldn't rule this out.

check this out what each pick is worth.

Posted by: slvtruco21 | April 1, 2010 9:48 AM

I get a kick out of these posts.

Even if you are under the delusion that teams actually follow that "value" chart, your math is still waayyyy off.

6 picks???? Somebody call Mike Ditka. Teams in this league value # of picks, not position.

Look, we'll be lucky to trade down AT ALL. Teams don't want to trade up and lose picks/pay top 5 salary/gamble on one player.

That's why WE want to trade down.

Our best hope is to get something like #14 and #40 from Seattle, or #13 and #47 from SF.

Two first rounders PLUS 4 other picks??? Lay off the Madden.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 1, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

The worst April fools I ever pulled, when I was 9 I wrote my parents a note saying I ran away and then I went in hid in a closet. My Dad went looking for me at friends houses, and fianlly my Mom called the police the police told her to wait and see if I showed up.

I then burst out of the closet and screamed April Fools, I woke up 3 days later not remebering anything.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: C-DubDC | April 1, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

It's best to the Skins to show interest in all potential high picks. Increases the likelihood that somebody will want to trade up to No. 4 to make sure they get their guy. Even a team just a pick or two or three behind us. Shanny likes to trade down for extra picks.

In Shanny I Trust

Posted by: shanks1 | April 1, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

flound, classic. Dik, I bit... dont hassle the hoff!

Posted by: Zeebs | April 1, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

whom else do you all fancy?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 1, 2010 9:42 AM

Chia - I vote for Katy Perry. Best sweater puppies out there. If you don't believe me, check out the latest pic from TMZ.

Too bad she's marrying that d-bag. I give it 6 months.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 1, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Too bad she's marrying that d-bag. I give it 6 months.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 1, 2010 9:58 AM |

Ryp,

I know we have had are differences but I agree 100%.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Who thinks a team is going to give 6 picks for the #4 pick,COME ON.
How old are you?

Posted by: SkinsFan37years
_________________________________________________
Hey SkinsFan37years,
You are certainly not referring to me are you?
I'm old enough to know 6 picks is not going to occur. I'm also old enough to know if we traded down from #4 to say 7-10 we could get two extra picks. And that is what I typed in my post as well.

Good day to you,
Ray

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | April 1, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

I'm still not into the debate about who we pick at #4. I think we can all agree we're gonna get one of these players: Suh, McCoy, Berry, Bradford, Okung, Clausen, OR we'll trade back for more picks. While I'm not sold on Jimmy C -- even though I am a ND fan -- I think any of those other options makes us a better team, which is the goal, right? Besides, looks like Shanny and Allen are here for the long term, have a plan, so I'm not gonna freak out about who we take with our 1st round pick...

Posted by: mattylight | April 1, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Eric Berry?

F That....

Earl Thomas......

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 1, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

I'd say I'm into Gaga, but I don't like blood & dongs.

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 1, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Please. Reid, Mease. Any word if any Redskin coaches or scouts attended Texas' pro day yesterday? McCoy suppposedly has workouts scheduled with 6 teams. Shanahan said he wanted to look at 4 or 5 qb's up close. Was reported on ESPN after his workout that he would be particularly good in a West coast offense. You've not even mentioned anything about him. Can you get some info on this subject, please? I'm not a fan of his, but are the Skins looking at him? He reportedly had an excellent workout.

Posted by: wagman1 | April 1, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Agreed Bean, VC for a Subway card with 100 pts is a little more realistic.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 1, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

wait... so you're saying we aren't trading our #4 for someone team's 6 picks? wth?! Now what will we do?

Somewhere, some person is actually writing down these "scenarios" and then believes in them enough to tell someone. Lordy

Rypien11 is correct, relax on the Madden/C-DubDC. I do however believe you can make the sweetest uniforms in the "create a team section" which is still pretty cool.

Posted by: ChrisWoody | April 1, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 10:00 AM |

Amen!

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 1, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

I agree with you Mattylight, and that is why I want to trade down obtaining two more picks to plug our soooo many holes on this team
Good day.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | April 1, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Amen!

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 1, 2010 10:05 AM |

Did ou see the picture of Kim kardashian on TMZ yesterday her puppies arn't to bad either.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Too bad she's marrying that d-bag. I give it 6 months.

Posted by: Rypien11

Nine year age gap between the two of them... she's 26???

Yeah, six months sounds about right.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 1, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: mattylight | April 1, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Flounder wrote:

Rams scrap plan to have "neutral" doctor look at Sam Bradford
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2010 8:31 AM ET
For quarterback Sam Bradford, his shoulder has provided the biggest unknown in the weeks preceding the draft. The St. Louis Rams apparently believe that those concerns have been answered.

According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams have scrapped plans to have a "neutral" doctor take a look at the ball-and-socket in Bradford's torso.

"At that point, [the shoulder) was such a big question mark," Devaney said Wednesday, per Thomas. "Since then, we've talked to so many people that have looked at him from other teams. And our doctors -- they've gone over him with a fine-tooth comb -- we're completely satisfied. We don't need a follow-up."

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 8:55 AM
=============
Translation = Rams are trading the pick. Why devalue the merchandise?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 1, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Amen!

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 1, 2010 10:05 AM

Keep your religious beliefs out of a Redskins Blog!

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 1, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

ryp;

he is apparently bailing on her cause she is annoying...

Posted by: Zeebs | April 1, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Two first rounders PLUS 4 other picks??? Lay off the Madden.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 1, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Actually, the max a Madden trade allows is 3 of anything. so no matter what you are trading you can only get back a combo of 3 player or picks. So the scenario of #4 for 6 picks isn't even a Madden possibility....

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 1, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I said it a week to 10 days ago shortly after Shanahan said looking into the top QBs gives him something "to do"...He's bringing in all the top-rated talent because that's a great way to learn little nuances about players in order to crush them down the road when they are our opponents. I would hope that he brings in the top 30 prospects in to take advantage of the situation as much as possible.
I will say that I still don't want to draft a QB this year, but the piece on Clausen was interesting. He may wind up being a decent QB in the league. Good numbers his last year in college. The toe injury is concerning. Despite being operated on, will this be a reoccurring issue for him in his career? Foot issues really linger a long time. I had to laugh that the report pointed out that Clausen had the receivers all together in the off-season to develop chemistry (Campbell did that), improved his numbers year after year (Campbell did that), and despite his efforts still lost the head coach because the team didn't do well (Campbell did that, too). It sounds like Clausen would fit right in as a Redskin. He'd just be Campbell (or JC) v2.0.

HTTR

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 1, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 1, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

LMAO!

Question... Assuming Bradford, Okung and one of the two DTs are gone... who is desperate enough to trade up to #4 to get one of the other DTs. Berry, or someone else?

Answer please?

Posted by: oldnova | April 1, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

We don't run a west coast offense. That was Zorn. Shanny has his own system.

Posted by: withoutanet | April 1, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Two first rounders PLUS 4 other picks??? Lay off the Madden.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 1, 2010 9:55

you know what wise guy, the guy is not making up anything; and is not a madden fantasy! that is a realistic scenario;

a 4th overall pick is worth 4 to 6 draft picks depending the position of the round.

4th overall pick is worth 1,800 points, When NFL general managers consider trading draft picks, they more often than not consult a value chart first. (refer to bottom for link)

trading our#4 can get us this:

1st round pick (23 overall) 760 pts
1st round pick (30 overall) 620 pts
2nd round pick (63 overall) 276 pts
3rd round pick (95 overall) 120 pts
6th round pick (171 overall) 24 pts

that makes 1,800 pts, worht a #4 overall!
no! is not madden! (is an official NFL draft pick value chart)

if you mix it up, they can get one late 1st round; three 2nd rounds; as long as totoals 1,800 points!

check the chart out:

Posted by: slvtruco21 | April 1, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

previous draft scenario, just to give an idea wise guy; if my math was off, there is a perfect scenario; whether it will happen or not, we don't know, the possibilities are there!

Teams may or maynot be willing to trade, and go or may not go by the chart, anything is possible, the fact is the #4 overall can be dealt well and help us, that is my point!

Posted by: slvtruco21 | April 1, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm not saying a trade for multiple picks has to be dealt with only one team.

with 1 of 2 late first rounds, a team maybe willing to trade for one of our two late picks, and they made decide to give us a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder.

anything is possible, get it!

Posted by: slvtruco21 | April 1, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

"This team is tooo weak to bank on a #4 pick, unless it is a can't miss QB."
___________________________________________

There is no such thing as a "can't miss" QB draft pick. Your chances of picking a 1st rd. bust with a QB is the highest of any position.

Posted by: BigRich1 | April 1, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

"This team is tooo weak to bank on a #4 pick, unless it is a can't miss QB."
___________________________________________

Posted by: BigRich1 | April 1, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Just saw Eric Berry as I was checking in for my flight... Told him we would love to have him here... Y'all... We need a classy beast of a player... Other than Suh, this guys seems to have the goods we need. Especially for a 3 safety scheme like they are talking about...

Posted by: tony48 | April 1, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse