Sam Bradford praises Trent Williams

Take Sam Bradford's word for it: Trent Williams is the kind of lineman who inspires confidence in his quarterback.

By Cindy Boren  |  April 23, 2010; 3:24 PM ET
Categories:  NFL Draft , Offensive line , Trent Williams
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shanahans think Trent Williams will fit in with zone blocking scheme
Next: Foerster's offensive line comes into focus with addition of Trent Williams

Comments

mistamoe is a lesbian

Posted by: BigDaddyLongStroke | April 23, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

This is such filler material. Honestly, what else is he going to say: "Man, TW really stinks. I would never imagine he would be picked that high. I really feel sorry for McNabb right now"

Posted by: BT23 | April 23, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

I went to New York and brought home all these cool videos. Wanna see?

Posted by: League-Source | April 23, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | April 23, 2010 3:20 PM

Actually, you may be right on that one....

Good to be back....

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 23, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Well, at least this latest post was worth the wait.

How about listing potential prospects for the later draft rounds?

I'm worried there is only a 35% chance we will get any relevant information in here today

Posted by: McMetal | April 23, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

more updates on the trade with NO...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 23, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Repost:

DISAGREE because if you have 2 LBs and need 3, you're missing 1. If you need 4, you're missing 2. Math and such. Orakpo should be playing with his hand down.

STRONGLY DISAGREE
And this is why Haynesworth is miffed even angry. Its silly notions like this. Orapk,o as much as you have that man-crush on him, IS NOT and NEVER WILL BE an Albert Haynesworth. Just let him put his hand down and try to stop the RUN. He'd get run down. I'm sure they tried that with him and found that to be risky. BUT, play Haynesworth anywhere along the DL, even at linebacker and he will always eat up 2-3 blockers. Get Haynesworth one-on-one and he will completely destroy the running back. Haynesworth should play defensive end not tackle. They can get a good wide body to block traffic at that nose tackle. Then, Let's see who gets more sacks, Haynesworth or Orapko.

Repeat slowly and with conviction: Orapko is an NFL linebacker. Orapko is an NFL linebacker ...

Orapko .NEQ. Haynesworth

Posted by: periculum | April 23, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

I missed the regular season schedule...Do we have any primetime games? When do we play @ Philly and when are the Dallas Games?

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 23, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

The puff-pieces on Bradford said stuff like "when asked who the toughest guy on the team is, they all said Sam Bradford."
Now, I love the Williams pick and I certainly trust Shanny when it comes to making that sort of judgment call -- but should it be worrisome that a glass-shouldered QB was unanimously said to be tougher than our new LT by their fellow teammates?

Posted by: manlius1 | April 23, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Unlike Cerrato, Allen and Shanahan enjoy misdirecting the WaPo and the other media entities. I really enjoyed watching what they did to know-it-all butt-buddy of Vinny Mel.

Posted by: periculum | April 23, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

same goes for you too, beans... except the "King Tut" stuff..

If you met me on the outside, no way you could pick me out in a lineup...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Wrong.

You'd be the Billy Bats lookin' (before demise), "Do you want to go sailing" asking, formerly "Nomah" rootin', only dude in Boston Patriots hatin' bama...

I'd say that'll make you rather easy to pick out of a lineup.

On the real though, I can't speak for others, but I just be trying to fry you a bit. Not even serious more than half the time...

Posted by: RedDMV | April 23, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Is there an NFL team that JREID hasn't indicated that AH is mentioned for trade of 2 ham sandwiches with condiments?

Or just 1 ham sandwich w/o condiments?

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | April 23, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

...play Haynesworth anywhere along the DL, even at linebacker...

Posted by: periculum | April 23, 2010 3:35 PM

huh?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 23, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

mistamoe is a lesbian

Posted by: BigDaddyLongStroke

I want to say something, but I'm sure Moe can handle his own light work.

You've set yourself up to get smashed on, just sayin'...

Posted by: RedDMV | April 23, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

more updates on the trade with NO...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 23, 2010 3:34 PM

Greg - any legs to this besides here and PFT?

I'd be happy with AH for Brown and #64.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 23, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

4th, Dallas is the opening game on Sunday night.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 23, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | April 23, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Greg - any legs to this besides here and PFT?

I'd be happy with AH for Brown and #64.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 23, 2010 3:43 PM

This stuff is coming from some of the same guys who yesterday were saying that we would be taking Berry with the fourth pick. Yesterday they were 75% certain but today they're not putting a number on it.

Posted by: League-Source | April 23, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Funny, wasn't it Williams who let teh BYU defender through cleanly when Bradford got injured the first time last year?

Posted by: ManuteBogues | April 23, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse