No Lloyd or Moss

Brandon Lloyd was not on the field for practice at all and Santana Moss was still in no pads doing running and agility on his own and not taking part.

Can't say it looks good for them to play this weekend, but we shall see. Waiting to see what the coaches and trainers have to say after practice.

The Skins had 4 WRs working in practice - Thrash, Randle El, McCardell and Caldwell - and it looks more and more like the two new guys will play. Even is Santana can go, you have to figure they dress at least 5 WRS, given that Santana will be less than 100 percent and could have trouble even getting through the game.

I would be pretty shocked if Santana plays at all, and we'll have to see what they say about Lloyd later on.

As for Portis, he was working away and he's supposed to talk to us later today as well.

Have a webchat starting at 1 on Washingtonpost.com. See ya there.

By Jason La Canfora  |  October 4, 2007; 12:50 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Injuries
Next: Portis Says He Is Playing/Moss Not Looking Good

Comments

#1

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Good job, Nelly.

Posted by: MV Dame | October 4, 2007 12:56 PM | Report abuse

I jumped on the Lloyd bandwagon for this weekend but if he doesn't play now when he is actually needed because someone kicked him in the shins then he should be in street clothes for the remainder of the year.

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 4, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

On the money, bigfish.

Posted by: Alan | October 4, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

"It would defeat the purpose of our pool if The Receiver is inactive due to a kick in the shins."

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 4, 2007 01:01 PM

No, it absolutely would not.

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 1:02 PM | Report abuse

once again it has been confirmed by tyer that it is a sprain of the vagine for receiver, the... not the vaginitis that flaired up and kept him out of pre-season

Posted by: sniksder | October 4, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

here is a stat from a detroit newspaper.. the lions lead the league in turnovers and take aways.. they have a plus one turnover margin. also kitna has been sacked 15 times this year (most in the league)

Posted by: sniksder | October 4, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

dc, I take it this is your week.

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 4, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

CBT, absodiddlylutely! [Plus my sponsorship of Jeff Gillooley at the Park this week.]

Seriously, can't you just hear Lloyd saying, "MRI?? I don't need an MRI! I'm fine!" And Tyer responding, "Just lie down on the table here and everything will be just fine. Don't worry," before picking up the phone to St. Joe and reporting "The bird has landed," so they can move him to the inactive list?

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

F reciever, the

he is giving all football players a bad name

whoever is going to the game needs to have signs that say "hey brandon, hows the vagine, i mena shin?"

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

from the chat...

"Jason La Canfora: Funny you should ask.
I don't think Moss will play, and I imagine Randle El stays at his spot, while Thrash replaces Moss at the "Z" as the starter. McCardell and Caldwell likely involved in 3 and 4 wide sets"

Say it ain't so. Trash lined up in place of Moss!

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 1:14 PM | Report abuse

zebra... done and done.. i'll be in 427

Posted by: sniksder | October 4, 2007 1:15 PM | Report abuse

why not move ARE to moss' spot, have thrash,mc,reche step in for ARE & mix cooley in at slot...

Posted by: sniksder | October 4, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

bigFISH, Thrash has been behind Moss on the depth chart at that spot all season.

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

This is what I submitted to Lloyds website on the Ask BLloyd section. Yes, it is worth giving the site a hit.

"So when are you gonna man up and play some ball?

A shin injury keeps you sidelined when you team needs you most? Pathetic. Give back your signing bonus so we dont take the cap hit when we cut you. Fraud"

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

And that's for a very good reason sween. I hope this is another one of Jasno's false statements.

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Z receiver is one WR in a three WR set. The position is a set of routes and motions. Moving ARE to that set of routes and motions doesn't make him Santana Moss; it only moves him out of the position he knows. There will still be three receivers running down the field.

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

link to lloyd website please? we can all post him questions!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 1:22 PM | Report abuse

snik;

Saunders explained it on Tuesdays Comcast Sports Night,

ARE is comfy at X, not Z which Moss plays. Why make him learn Z while Thrash has been playing that all along. Then Thrash would have to learn X. And X is the deep ball position which we know thrash cant run.

Z shifts and motions which requires a lot more knowledge of the postition and playbook. ARE doesnt have time.

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

blloyd.com

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

427 won't get much camera action. May I suggest a large banner behind the uprights similar to the "Howard Sucks" from the early '80s MNF broadcast.

I realize that this is an obscure reference. Just picture having to see this every time an extra point or field goal is attempted. Tre funny.

BTW, as I remember the HS banner didn't make it into the second half of that game.

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 4, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I understand who Moss is but who is this "Brandy Lloyd" who's injured now? I've never heard of him/her/it.

Posted by: Redcoat | October 4, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

And yes Bigfish, Joey Porter is now officially an 'a$$' after that guarantee.

Posted by: Redcoat | October 4, 2007 1:29 PM | Report abuse

dcsw.. I know they all different wr sets in a multiple wideout formation... however, moss is the primary receiver at the Z spot, wouldn't it make sense to move the most skilled (at least most productive)receiver ie. ARE into that primary role? that is a great point you have though on moving him out of the postion he is excelling at... it could be counter productive. I guess that is something to monitor as the game progresses...

Posted by: sniksder | October 4, 2007 1:29 PM | Report abuse

RC!

LMFGO

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

chRis Larry has it right -- Cooley is our second-best receiver. Put him in the slot, let Yoda block, ARE on one side and one of the other dudes on the other side.

Thrash needs to add an L so we'll have more consistency.

Randle El, Caldwell, McCardell, Thrashel

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 4, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Jasno getting easily offended again. ITA Jasno ITA.

"Angry fan, D.C.: Have you ever read Tthe Washington Post articles on the Wizards? How bout the Nats? If so, have you noticed how those teams are covered in a much more positive light than your coverage of the Redskins? Why is that?

Hopefully you'll take a tough question instead of the usual softballs you take...

Jason La Canfora: Ouch, you're scaring me. Please stop.

The Nats are an expansion team in essence with a punty payroll trying to rebuild.

The Wizards, now, correct me if I'm wrong, have been to the playoffs a few times in a row.

The Redskins charge more for tickets and parking, generate more revenue than anyone, and are 23-28 under Gibbs and don't have back to back 9 win seasons since 1991-92.

You're right, let me get out my pom-poms. "

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Whats the deal with the WR? Does his vagina hurt?

Posted by: Go Skins Go | October 4, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

zebra.. I did see saunders on csn.. point well made.. sqeaky wheel gets the oil.. and the receiver gets the monostat 7 for his sprained vagine

Posted by: sniksder | October 4, 2007 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Moving ARE weakens 2 positions instead of 1. Let him play the X and run wild against Detroit's secondary. Hell, if Kevin Curtis can do it so can he.

If we can not cut Lloyd can he at least be deactivated so we no longer have to read or hear about that worthless piece of sh*t.

Posted by: cdubb | October 4, 2007 1:40 PM | Report abuse

i guess it'd be better to keep ARE put, either way they are gonna double ARE, shade cooley with a LB and safety, and stack the line... but it all won't matter cuz we are gonna run the ball down their g*D D&mn sjking throat...

Posted by: sniksder | October 4, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Gotta throw a towel here. Peeps throwing around the V word like its a bad thing or something taken lightly. It is neither. I'm a big fan of the V. Have some dignity, dudes, this is a coed blog.

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 1:49 PM | Report abuse

"Ignore the haters Jasno, and get over to the Redskins wiki!"

Zebra - Was that you?

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 1:50 PM | Report abuse

There's a "V word" now????

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 4, 2007 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zebra blloyd.com

Too bad he stopped blogging before the real season started. Would love to hear the excuses now.

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm actually kinda curious what a new reciever corps will do for Soup! Optimistically curious, that is.

It was evident to me that the Campbell/Moss connection wasn't quite clicking the way we all want it to. Campbell/ARE was having much better results.

Perhaps one of the new old guys can read Campbell's mind a little more. It's a possibility.

(RC, still can see Danny boy yelling at receivers to 'come back to the ball!' lol)

Regardless of this week's outcome, I hope to see some development for our young QB.... that is, if the Oline can keep him off his back! (heck, he may even learn some from that).

I was just remarking to an Auburn fan at my day gig, that Soup reminds me a little of Cunningham when he runs. Not the Cuts Randall used to do, but the lankiness fo sho.

HAIL!

Posted by: Dik | October 4, 2007 1:59 PM | Report abuse

HAIL!

Posted by: Dik | October 4, 2007 1:59 PM | Report abuse

hee hee - double post whoopsie!

m'bad.

Posted by: dik | October 4, 2007 2:01 PM | Report abuse

This receiving corps doesn't scare anyone. I'm actually intrigued to see how this will play out. Maybe we'll be presently surprised, but I can see Gibbs going ultra conservative and trying to run the ball 50 times for 16 points (and losing).

Posted by: sicwidit | October 4, 2007 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Zebra, that was cruel....shame on you.

Posted by: Lisa | October 4, 2007 2:04 PM | Report abuse

No one fears the receivers on this team, we need some height how tall is our biggest wr 6'1 I think, that makes it tough to try and lob it up and have a wr fight for a ball.

Posted by: SAK | October 4, 2007 2:07 PM | Report abuse

So I clicked on the link to the website of Reciever, The and its says "Please be patients while Brandon Lloyd's website is loading" ... as if we haven't been patient about this load already.

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Game of the week. Jason Campbell and Jon Kitna stand 10 paces apart and have a good old-fashioned shootout. So why, with the Redskins averaging 198 passing yards and the Lions 313, do I choose Campbell to win? Simple. Better secondary on his team. Roy Williams, have your head on a swivel Sunday. Those two safeties are looking to add a few tattoos to you.

Redskins 30, Lions 27

Peter King wrote that. Anyone else seen a big difference in the tone Peter uses with the Skins since Gibbs sat down with him last year? I do.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

sicwidit, the Skins still need to rush alot to eat up the clock, keep the D fresh, and the Lions' O off the field.

If they actually ran the ball 50 times for 16 points, that would mean a huge time of possession advantage and could be a surprising game where the Lions don't score a ton of offensive TDs.

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse

So let me get this straight - with a brand new receiver corps, a beat up offensive line, an underproducing DLine - you guys want to take every chance you can and expose the weaknesses for the whole game?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Posted by: Dik | October 4, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Sweet. I hope Floyd (combo of F Lloyd) is inactive this weekend. Not for you to win your ham and cheese on rye dcsween, but just because I'm so over him.

McCardell will be key in this game. I don't know how, but I've got a gut feeling he'll play a big role. I don't get many gut feelings up here. I think my 4-12 prediction last year was the last time.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 4, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse

On BLloyd's website he has a area to ask him a question. I think we should speak(type) our warmest thoughts to "the receiver"

Posted by: Tom Flick | October 4, 2007 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Thrash needs to add an L so we'll have more consistency.

Randle El, Caldwell, McCardell, Thrashel

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 4, 2007 01:30 PM

Mossel(tof?) - might be the beginnings of a nickname

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 4, 2007 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Wait - P.King (duck) is starting to sound like me?!? Is duck considered a May Hen?

Something must be wrong in the universe!!

Relationship George is too close to Friend George! Worlds colliding!

Everybody RUN!

Posted by: Dik | October 4, 2007 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Yes, that was me

Tom, I already did, read above... that is what Lisa is admonishing me for.

Meg; I know, that was the first place I looked.

Sorry Lisa, I truly hope it motivates him, but if it doesnt, I dont want to be in cap hell b/c of him

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 2:21 PM | Report abuse

This whole Lloyd thing is just utter bullcrap. If he's not playing this weekend, because he got kicked in the shin, then he's become dead to me, and hopefully the team too. If you're a very well paid professional athlete, and you basically QUIT, and don't try, you're pathetic, and deserve any scorn that comes your way.

Try giving a shti, and putting forth some effort. Gosh this stuff pisses me off....

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | October 4, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Greg, you hear Jasno say Rocky Mac and Marcus playing with nagging stingers and a dislocated elbow... and they have to hit people. All Floyd has to do is run away from people.

P A T H E T I C

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Has to have been bought off by Dannyboi. Nothing else could make that guy like us, except maybe a free bowl of pasta.

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Let be honest ... I think K-McCardellllll is a fine guy and a fine WR, bu how much will he contribute. Let's keep in mind, St. Joe told us he is picking up the offense fine, but St. Joe also told us he was not concerned about 2nd half collapses.

signed Reppin TX-L

Posted by: Reppin TX | October 4, 2007 2:27 PM | Report abuse

I bet Joe Gibbs kicked him "really hard" in the shins. (With a hammer).

Thank god.

Posted by: Heath Shuler | October 4, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Good point sween about running the ball...

I think this "big receiver" thing is overrated. Santana Moss and Antwaan-Randle-El go and get the ball. We had Rod (Fifty-Fifty) Gardner and Michael (Beatdown) Westbrook. I'd take Moss and Randle-El any day. Teams are afraid of Moss...they double him almost every week.

Posted by: sicwidit | October 4, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Where the hell is Alvin Garrett when you need him?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Butte, MT

Oct 4 Today
Cloudy with showers. High 49F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Oct 4 Tonight
Rain and snow showers this evening transitioning to snow showers overnight. Low 33F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 50%. A slushy accumulation of less than one inch.
Oct 5 Tomorrow
Snow showers in the morning will give way to a mixture of rain and snow in the afternoon. Cold. High 39F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 70%. A slushy accumulation of around one inch.
Oct 5 Tomorrow night
Variable clouds with snow showers. Low around 30F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Some snow accumulation possible.
Oct 6 Saturday
Snow showers possible. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the mid 20s.
Oct 7 Sunday
A few clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 30s.
Oct 8 Monday
More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 30s.
Oct 9 Tuesday
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 30s.
Oct 10 Wednesday
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 20s

Posted by: loco mullin | October 4, 2007 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Do you mean Alvin Harper?

Posted by: Boyz -n- in DC | October 4, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

3. Even at 3-1, there's no reason for people in Detroit to stop the Fire Millen Movement.

After further review, I've got the Lions losing their next four -- at Washington, Tampa Bay, at Chicago and Denver.

The Lions have more in common with the team that surrendered 56 points to McNabb and the Eagles than the team that has used nine interceptions from Brian Griese, Tarvaris Jackson and Josh McCown to win three games.

Some dude on Fox

Posted by: Skinz | October 4, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

rE sicwidit...We had Rod (Fifty-Fifty) Gardner and Michael (Beatdown) Westbrook.

No doubt...I will take Santana Claus and ARE over Gardner and Westbrook every day of the week. However, in my humble opinion, they are too much of the same guy. I'm not saying we need a 6'5 230 lb slow possession receiver, but 6'3 225 lb possession receiver would be a nice change !

Posted by: Reppin Tx | October 4, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Thank Gawd for the weather report. Everything is back to normal.

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Where is Charles Rogers when you need him?

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 4, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's weather he knows he's about to be hooked up to a car battery afterwords...

Posted by: Dik | October 4, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Next years pick-ups or F-ups;

Anquan Boldin and DeAngelo Hall.

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Where is Virgil Seay when you need him??

Posted by: Reppin TX | October 4, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I'll play along:

Where is Gary Clark when you need him?

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 2:37 PM | Report abuse

bigfish;

Boldin isnt going anywhere. Fitzgerald is in the last year of his contract and has been critical of the offensive play calls.

I take both. Those who think Hall is not a shut down corner need only to ask Neon Deion who says him, Samuel, Bailey and Clements are the only true shutdowns in the game.

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Marvin Harrison - 6'0" 185 lbs
Reggie Wayne - 6'0" 198 lbs
Anthony Gonzales - 6'0" 193 lbs

Get my point?

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

F "The Player" ...

Remember folks, he's not a "Receiver". All of us here on this blog have caught as many passes in the NFL as he has this year.

He is now and forevermore named ... "The Player". Receivers actually get open and catch passes.

Posted by: Thaiphoon | October 4, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

skins will be fine this week.. ARE has been carrying us this year at WR.. hopefully one or 2 of the other dudes will contribute a 1st down here and there.. cooley should get a lot more looks, we WILL establish a run game, and on defense, that front 4 better pin their ears back and give kitna a he77 of a time... the secondary will be back there lopping off the heads of the lion's receiving core & when they aren't doing that they will shagging fly balls like a center fielder.. have faith, be patient... they will get pressure on kitna, control the clock,establish the run and set up play action.. okay.. i feel better.. i just convinced myself.. HAIL!!!

Posted by: sniksder | October 4, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Megskin!!! It's nice to have some levity in here....by the way, where is Danny Buggs when you need him??

Posted by: Reppin TX | October 4, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Zebra - I knew it was one of those AZ receivers that was upset. I'd take either of them.

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 2:40 PM | Report abuse

true thiaphoon, i forgot.

do the peeps in thailand get pissed that such a nasty thing is named after their country?

Posted by: Zebra | October 4, 2007 2:40 PM | Report abuse

RE: BigFish

Marvin Harrison - 6'0" 185 lbs
Reggie Wayne - 6'0" 198 lbs
Anthony Gonzales - 6'0" 193 lbs

Get my point?

BigFish...Love ya and all that...but Peyton has more to do with that than their size.

Posted by: Reppin TX | October 4, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Where's Jack Kent Cooke when you need him?....Um nevermind.

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

where is Danny Buggs when you need him??

Where is Joe Washington when you need him?

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Reppin - That's the chicken/egg argument there. Peyton is great but one could argue that the receivers make the QB good as well. I'm just saying they get it done with 6 ft receivers as I'm sure other teams do as well. There aren't enough 6'5 receivers in the NFL for all teams to have one.

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

AP-Ahsburn, VA

Sellers Eats Children

Mike Sellers, Fullback for the Washington Redskins has been accused of eating 7 small children at a local IHOP. When asked for comment Sellers responded, "I got hungry and my 7 Sunny Sided Egg breakfast was slow coming out. More on this at 11.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Where's Jack Pardee when you need him?! Oh.. wait. Player or Coach? hmmmm.

Posted by: Dik | October 4, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Thrash needs to add an L so we'll have more consistency.

Randle El, Caldwell, McCardell, Thrashel

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 4, 2007 01:30 PM

Mossel(tof?) - might be the beginnings of a nickname

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 4, 2007 02:14 PM

That's just silly. Everyone knows Moss is Kal-El...

Posted by: Lurky boy | October 4, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Where'e Tydas Winans when you need him?

Posted by: etrod | October 4, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Where's Jack Kent Cooke when you need him?....Um nevermind.

Gawd, I'm game for this one - I'll get the shovel, you dig.

No way we'd get in trouble. I'm sure the police would understand.

ABD: Anybody But Danny.

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

That's just silly. Everyone knows Moss is Kal-El...

Posted by: Lurky boy | October 4, 2007 02:46 PM

Son of Jar-El?

Posted by: etrod | October 4, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Danny "lightning" Buggs, havent heard that name in a long time, Pardee era right?

Posted by: Tom Flick | October 4, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Where's Norv Turner when you need him? Oh, in San Diego (right where we need him)

Posted by: etrod | October 4, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

2:22pm Greg(Boston) had to be a fake

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Sellers responded, "I got hungry and my 7 Sunny Sided Egg breakfast was slow coming out."

Too bad he didn't just eat Blloyd instead.

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Put Lloyd on the inactive list along with Betts. Lets get Marcus Mason in there. He's 10 times better than both of them.

Posted by: not Greg(Boston) | October 4, 2007 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Nope, twas me.

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | October 4, 2007 2:54 PM | Report abuse

this makes me want to puke

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 3:03 PM | Report abuse

3:03 was Donovan McNabb.

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 3:04 PM | Report abuse

LMGO!

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Where's Chris Doering when we need him?

Posted by: The Head Ball Coach | October 4, 2007 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SAK | October 4, 2007 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Anybody seen Albert Connell around here? I can't find my wallet.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Hate to tell you, size always matters.

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 3:13 PM | Report abuse

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 4, 2007 3:15 PM | Report abuse

pleased to meet you, meg

Posted by: John Holmes | October 4, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Who's the toolbox from the chat who can't find the Skins game at a bar in DC?

Talk about your a$$, a flashlight, and a map.

Posted by: SMACK | October 4, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I saw Charlie Brown trying to kick a field goal.

Posted by: Tom Flick | October 4, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

TABLE 3

FAVORITE NFL TEAM

"What are your two favorite National Football League teams?"

Base: Adults who follow professional football

1998 1999 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007
Atlanta Falcons =19 18 26 27 =21 =18 =23 28
Arizona Cardinals 28 =23 31 32 32 31 29 29
Buffalo Bills 18 14 =23 18 27 23 27 30
Houston Texans NA N/A 30 =21 19 =25 28 31
Jacksonville Jaguars =19 =27 =27 31 28 32 32 32
"=" indicates a tie

NA = not applicable for that year.

Note: Respondents provided list of teams

In 1998, 1999 the Tennessee Titans were the Houston Oilers.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 3:21 PM | Report abuse

That's waht I was thinking Smack. This poor schmuck goes to the only bar in DC that plays DC United on the big screen on Sundays instead of the Redskins. All he had to do was go around the corner and find the nearest Fridays.

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Megskin, I'm guessing he knew that himself ... they call him "big FISH" and he wears something called a "codpiece".

Back to Peter King, has he even given an explanation about why his new love for the Skins comes AFTER he can no longer vote to get Art Monk into the HoF? And who is the current DC sports journo who took Wilbon's spot on that committee?

Posted by: dcsween | October 4, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

who do you think kicked lloyd in the shins?

Posted by: rlm | October 4, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

"they call him "big FISH" and he wears something called a "codpiece"."

LMGO!!

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

sween - Looks like David Elfin from The Times.

Posted by: bigfish | October 4, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

who do you think kicked lloyd in the shins?

Obviously Portis.

He either bruised himself delievering Blloyd a really good shot or got tendinitis from repeated kickings.

Which one it is I guess we'll never really know. My bet is he's been kicking him the a$$ since pre-season, it's no wonder he couldn't play. So I'm going with the whole tendinitis thingy.

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Good night and Cod bless.

Posted by: Roger Irrelevant | October 4, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse

So do we know why Lloyd is such a bust? Is it his performance (non-performance) on the field? His attitude? Work ehthic? Hasn't been thrown to enough? All of the above?

He has done zero since he's been here and now Caldwell and McCardell will be playing more then him.

So what the hell is the problem?

Posted by: Rusty | October 4, 2007 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

$30M for Brandon Lloyd, is this some kind of bust?

Well it is very impressive, but we need to ask you a few questions.

Posted by: Frank Drebin | October 4, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Nice beaver.

Thanks, I just had it stuffed.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 3:47 PM | Report abuse

So what the hell is the problem?

Nothing to see here, move along.

Posted by: Megskin | October 4, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Rusty, that was just about my EXACT question to Jason during his chat, but he never got to is.

If you look at his 2 seasons prior to coming to Washington, he put up some good numbers with a poor offense in SF. I just don't get it.

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | October 4, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

That's no way for a man to die.

Ehhh, you're right, Ed. A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go.

Posted by: Frank Drebin | October 4, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Beep Beep

Posted by: Nothing new though | October 4, 2007 3:58 PM | Report abuse

They should NOT play Moss, no matter what. Still early, would rather see him heal than get hurt worse or limp through season....

Posted by: Chris Larry | October 4, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2007 4:11 PM | Report abuse

I will have more catches in 4 games then BLloyd had all last season.

Posted by: Keenan McCardell | October 4, 2007 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Man, please get a spellchecker. I don't suppose you have an editor who catches these things (Cindy who?)
Especially if you send an open letter to the Danny, doesn't anybody look at that?
Great blog otherwise, keep it up.
Best,