Of Tweets and Twitter (But Not Twits)

Timeout to make sure all the gamefaces, like such as, are on with the opener looming. You can follow Redskins Insider on Twitter (RedskinsInsider) even though no one really understands what it is and is more than a little embarrassed when I yell, "I have to tweet that," in the newsroom. Sadly, the suits made me replace the cute little hamster with a Post logo. And, we might as well get this out of the way, too. You can sign up for mobile text alerts by texting "REDSKINS" to WPOST (97678). Sorry for the intrusion; blame the suits.

By Cindy Boren  |  September 2, 2008; 1:30 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Springs Has X-Ray; Taylor Gives It a Go
Next: Unrestricted: The Big Game

Comments

At the end of preseason, mgmt has to sort out who has the combination of talent and heart to be an NFL player.

Just to give some perspective, the Skins drafted 24 players between 2003 and 2007. 15 of them have actually played more than 5 games. 9 busts out of 24. 6 never played a game.

If you pull out the 4 1st round picks, since we didn't have one from this draft, its 9 busts out of 20.

Just saying that its highly unlikely that all 10 picks have NFL potential.

Which is why I'm saying that keeping all 10 picks suggests an agenda.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:33 PM

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

One of your Twitter followers is Grooming Lounge. Grooming Lounge is my absolute favorite place in the whole wide world to buy my numerous metrosexual facial and hair products.

Posted by: P Diddy | September 2, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

As for Frost being cut for Brooks, got no problem with that. Frost had years to solidify his job. He didn't. Brooks has more upside.

My only concern is holding for Suisham, which is new to Brooks.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

DAMN YOUR BEEPIN' SOUL!

(Repost)

+++Instead, the 'skins got a 244 pound, sore footed, bad-kneed, 34-year-old, eyes-on-his-next-career $8 million-a-year, 2nd & 6th round pick-costing Jason Taylor.

Don't ever let logic or facts get in your way Cork....

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2008 11:47 AM++++

Well, Greg, lovely cheap shot, but let's look at what I said and check it for accuracy...

"244 pound" WEIGHT AS LISTED ON REDSKINS.COM

"sore-footed" HAS CHRONIC PLANTAR FASCIITIS

"Bad-kneed" HAS A BAD KNEE, DAY-TO-DAY

"34-year-old" JT JUST CELEBRATED 34TH BIRTHDAY

"Eyes on his next career" HAS STATED ACTION HERO IN MOVIES IS NEXT CAREER

"$8 million a year" HAS TWO YEARS, 16 MILLION REMAINING ON CONTRACT

"2nd and 6th round costing" TERMS OF THE TRADE

"Jason Taylor" HIS NAME.

Allow me to retort: don't YOU let logic or facts get in the way of your cheap shots.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 2, 2008 1:36 PM

Posted by: Corkczar | September 2, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Mmmmm ... Twizzzzzlerrrrrrrrss.

Last Thursday night, I think it was just that Jason Taylor was having a bad knee day. No worries.

Question to Cindy: What is with the sandbagging on getting the greatest feature of the print edition into an on-line version? I speak, of course, about the text in the print edition called "Slouch Potato" which had this one:

"What is it with the NFL? They won't let Peyton Manning wear Johnny Unitas' cleats in an exhibition game ... but they let Jim Zorn wear his hair."

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 1:39 PM

I got corkczarred on the last thread.

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Change the subject for a minute over under on Ravens wins with the great Joe Flacco starting.

6 on defense alone.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

My only concern is holding for Suisham, which is new to Brooks.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:40 PM

Not really he held at GT for four years.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Keeping draft picks and then having them be bust, looks worse then getting rid of them early and admitting it was a bad choice.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:40 PM

One wastes a draft pick, a roster spot, cap space, and productivity on the field. The other only wastes a draft pick. I think you have it backwards.

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:44 PM

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins were running desperately low on milk and chicken when they sent Vinny to the market in April. Vinny went shopping and came back with a bulk tub of Twizzlers.

Just because he made it to the market and actually shopped there doesn't mean he did it right.

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 2, 2008 1:28 PM
********************************

I like to tie my Twizzlers in knots and pretend they are bombs dropping from the sky from my warplanes and then I fly my planes over to Vinny's pile of Legos and, and, and Lincoln Logs and M&Ms (LOL) and I blow up his base and take his M&Ms and eat them all and all of my Twizzler knots!! Then Vinny gets mad and cries and I say, "Shut up, loser! I took your base!" Then Vinny runs away and then comes back and apologizes because he likes me a lot and doesn't want to stay mad at me. Then we play Madden and my Redskins crush his 49ers!!

Posted by: Lil' Danny | September 2, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I just Tweeted

Posted by: Excuse Me | September 2, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:44 PM

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:45 PM

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. You had it right.

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Hey Suit you're the devil

Posted by: Billy Walsh | September 2, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Time to look at the Jints. I'm thinking that losing Strahan and Osi is a huge issue for them. Tuck is a beast, but I don't think he can do it alone.

5 defensive starters gone. I'm guessing it shows up in two ways. The starters aren't as good and the rotation guys are probably not nearly as good. This defense is a lot less formidable than last year.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Ravens really have no choice but to start Flacco for now. It sounds like Troy Smith almost died and Boller has a bum shoulder (and is, in fact, a bum).

I'm going to say 4-12 for them this year. The highlight being a win against the Steelers (they always seem to get up for that game). They go 1-5 in the division.

...and nobody cares.

Posted by: Mike H. | September 2, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

My only concern is holding for Suisham, which is new to Brooks.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:40 PM

Not really he held at GT for four years.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:44 PM

Didn't know that ... there are tees in college, so there is an adjustment. Still, I don't recall anyone failing to 'master' the holder job.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

THE WASHINGTON POST IS RIPPING US OFF
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2008, 1:44 p.m. EDT
Well, well, well.

It took about 18 months, but it finally has happened.

A “real” publication has swiped our idea for tracking player arrests and conviction and whatnot.

The Washington Post has launched an “NFL Crime Watch,” based directly on our “Turd Watch.”

We’ve got no problem with other people doing it. It just strikes us as kind of cheesy, especially since we expect that the Post will never acknowledge that they’ve essentially pilfered our idea.

“ProFootballTalk.com? What’s that? I’ve never heard of that. Is that about soccer?”

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 2, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

+-+- (But Not Twits) +!+!

But alas dearest Cindy, more than a few Twits reside here

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mike H. | September 2, 2008 1:50 PM

I would have agreed with you before yesterday. But now that they've picked our pockets and gotten Marcus Mason on their practice squad they should go 8-8. Like Cload said, Marcus is going to practice real, real hard and make them a better team. Three games better.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 2, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mike H. | September 2, 2008 1:50 PM

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 2, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

So how 'bout them Dawgs?

Posted by: The Truth | September 2, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Not to mention twats.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Still, I don't recall anyone failing to 'master' the holder job.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:51 PM

Let me refresh your recollection. Tony Romo. Playoffs. Your witness, counsel.

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Still, I don't recall anyone failing to 'master' the holder job.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:51 PM

Let me refresh your recollection. Tony Romo. Playoffs. Your witness, counsel.

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 1:58 PM

did they cut Romo after that?

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Truth, in case you missed this:

***

I may have missed a comment about it up here over the long weekend, but I would like to offer my hearty and completely sincere congratulations to the University of Georgia football team for defeating the Georgia Southern University football team with a final score of 45-21.

Georgia surpassed even the loftiest expectations with this resounding victory over a quality opponent, justifying all the praise which was showered on them up here and demonstrating that the national title is all but sown up, and therefore it will not be necessary to post any further comments praising (or in any way related to) the Bulldogs for the remainder of the season.

Thank you. Dawg bless America.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 2, 2008 12:48 PM

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 2, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

did they cut Romo after that?

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:59 PM

No, they send him down to Cabo San Lucas so he could "mentally prepare" for the next time.

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

**** fantasy ff post (from the first, and in potentially some ways superior, RI ff league). ****

I love my roster.

**** end fantasy post ****

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

+++As I've stated time and time again, there are certain people on here, Cork, AL, who are just miserable people, and I firmly believe would rather the team was lousy just to justify their stance.

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2008 1:00 PM+++

You can go through my posts and you'll find I make MANY positive assessments.

To name a few:

Jim ZORN will be a great coach.

Vinny makes good low round draft picks.

I've passionately defended Campbell's intelligence.

I've stood up for Thrash, Rock, even poor ol' Ryan Boschetti.

I've said that healthy, the OLINE can be good (It hasn't been, that's not my fault)

I've said I hope TAYLOR has 31 sacks.

But being of sound mind, I don't see everything through the rose-colored glasses you and TE and some others wear,

Youy are the ones who sound like OCD victims--playing the same tired tunes over and over again.

"The FO is brilliant". "Every move is outstanding." "The Washington Post sucks". "Jasno hates the Redskins."

Hell, Greg, you even ADMIT you've "stated time and time again"--classic obsessive-compulsive and/or propagandist behavior

I happen to think some if not all of you guys are propagandists--and not very clever ones at that.

The giveaway is the constant demand for total and unquestioning loyalty. Propagandists won't tolerate ANY criticism, no matter how well founded.

I'm a Redskins fan. That does NOT mean I forfeit the right to criticize current management.

I'm a patriot who occasionally criticizes other ineffective administrations. I find it no coincidence that their propagandists also demand total and unquestioning loyalty.

So go ahead, call us "miserable." I've been called far worse by people much better at it than you.

It's ONLY football. This is a forum for opinion. I'll continue to give mine. If you don't like it--well frankly, I don't give a damn.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

jibed nads

Posted by: nads guy | September 2, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Sween, was visiting a friend at the time, also a Skins fan (so you can assume Cowboy hater). We were just laughing so hard when that happened.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 2, 2008 1:28 PM

++++++++++

Ok, that is funny shti!!!

Mostly, b/c it's accurate!

Posted by: What? Who? | September 2, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Plus, that was Romo... their franchise quarterback. I think the point was, "just because you held in college doesn't mean you're ready for a Pro guard to come barrlin' down on ya."

Look, I don't want Frosty to shank any more now either. But he's proving himself in 3 arenas (vs. the Rookie's one) and he should be given the benefit of a successful pre-season.

If they were that upset with last year's performance by Frosty they would have cut him before camp. But they let him compete and he's winning and the game is on Thursday.

Now, can we put the Punter controversy to bed until the regular season starts at least?

Thx.
..Maps.

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2008 1:00 PM+++

I didn't know you called me a miserable person. But no need to worry, I'm already over it.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 2, 2008 1:28 PM

====

I mean that's funny! Nice, Carl Williams (and if you are the underworld convicted killer, than I say, VERY nice, SIR!!).

Posted by: What? Who? | September 2, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Old quote from a famous holder.

Sportswriter Q: Why do you hold the football?
Fran Tarkenton A: Because if I didn't, it would fall over.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Looking for some advice for my Fantasy team

Should I start S. moss or M. Harrison?

QB Ben Roethlisberger

BN K Josh Brown
BN D Carolina

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Thx.
..Maps.

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 2:06 PM

If Frost was cut before camp and Brooks showed he was not ready to kick, then where would the Skins be? They were smart to keep Frost until they were certain that Brooks could kick under NFL pressure, albeit pre-season. Cutting Frost sooner would have been dumb.

OK, I am done with punter talk.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 2, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

zeke, etc

A most excellent quotation. So concise, so metaphysical laden. Beautiful.

It's right up there with Bill Cosby's: Why is there air?

Posted by: stumped | September 2, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

I met a celeb this weekend. Survivor winner Yul Kwon. Not sure what it says about the circles I hang out in, but that might be the most famous person I've ever spoken with, other than Barack Obama.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Um...no, you're a whiney little b*tch..thanks for posting Al

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

THE WASHINGTON POST IS RIPPING US OFF
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2008, 1:44 p.m. EDT
Well, well, well.

Plagiarism is an ugly thing. Basically you went to the Pro Football Talk site run by Mike Florio and copied his idea. How pathetic. I expect better from the WaPo.

Posted by: will_ga | September 2, 2008 12:42 PM

I feel like such a tattletail. Oh well, if you would put more effort into coming up with new ideas instead of stealing other people's hard work I wouldn't have had to tell on you. !

Posted by: will_ga | September 2, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Looking for some advice for my Fantasy team

Should I start S. moss or M. Harrison?

QB Ben Roethlisberger

BN WR Santana Moss
BN WR DeSean Jackson
BN TE Randy McMichael
BN K Josh Brown
BN D Carolina

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

"We were just laughing so hard when that happened [Romo's bobbled hold to lose a playoff game]."

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 2:03 PM

I'm still laughing.

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Um...no, you're a whiney little b*tch..thanks for posting Al

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:14 PM

Anon, didn't realize you thought I was a whiney little b*tch. But no need to worry, I'm already over it.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Curz - I yield to your grasp of the obvious.

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Start Moss. Peyton's been hurt and Harrison was out all last year. So their usual chemistry is probably a bit off.

The Skins have only one good healthy WR unless and until Anquan Boldin comes to town to rescue this thing ... so expect them to try to get it to Moss a lot.

And when listening to my advice Leevi, know that I've never played fantasy football ...

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

You can go through my posts and you'll find I make MANY positive assessments.

Posted by: (Corkczar?) | September 2, 2008 2:02 PM

I'm kind of in agreement with Corkczar that he's not always negative. I don't agree with him on much, but I do agree on that. He's heavily slanted toward the negative, but not exclusively like, say sports-guru.

It's taken a while but I enjoy his posts. Subtle, he's not. And he's a little too inclined toward throwing elbows. But he can be hilarious.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 2, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Since Truth posted about UGA beating up a DivII team. Lets hear it for Temple who beat Army last week. Real Teams don't play scrubs to pad the stats.

You are hearing it here, probably not first, Temple will be in a bowl game this year.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 2, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

From:

Q: What kind of year are you looking for yourself? Do you see a big year coming up?

A: Yeah, I actually do. I think I feel great. I’m just excited about playing. It is having fun again. For a couple of years it was like a job; like really work and a grind, banging your head constantly. It was like the wear and tear. But now having this offense, it is like one hit or miss play, we will be in a position then...

-----------
1. That's why the the phrase isn't "An athlete and a gentleman..."

2. I'm so sorry "For a couple of years it was like a job; like really work and a grind,." I only pray that with time and interest on your millions of dollars paid to you as compensation that you can make a full recovery from that tramautic experience.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

It's hardly plagiarism. Florio has no copyright, patent or trademark on tracking NFL-related arrests. He seems to mostly be just a guy that posts what Schefter reports on NFLN.

And heaven forbid such a concept actually appear somewhere where there might be some kind of journalistic integrity. Last I checked, Terry Bradshaw is still alive.

Posted by: Croc | September 2, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Leevi, if your league does not require that you start two WRs, then don't do it. Btwn Peyton Manning's knee and Jason Campbell's new offense, the Clots and the Skins will have to rely on the running game.

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

3 receivers, 5 receivers, don't matter. I can see Santana, James, Antuan, Cooley and Davis lining up in a 5 receiver set. Who needs Devin and Malcolm. Believe me, that's going to happen.

Posted by: enuffalready | September 2, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

+++

Looking for some advice for my Fantasy team

Should I start S. moss or M. Harrison?

QB Ben Roethlisberger

BN WR Santana Moss
BN WR DeSean Jackson
BN TE Randy McMichael
BN K Josh Brown
BN D Carolina

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 2:17 PM +++
I'd start Moss, only because we know he's healthy and we know he's got a QB. Who the heck knows how Harrison will do with his knee, and who knows whether Sorgi will be signaling plays. It sucks that Washington plays Thursday. If you don't start Moss, I'd wait until Sunday morning and put in DeSean Jackson if Harrison/Manning aren't going to play.

Posted by: Croc | September 2, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Thanks to all the Twitter hop-ons!

Posted by: Cindy | September 2, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Twizzlers rool
Twitter drulz!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Start Moss. He's a #1 WR in a passing system with healthy QB. Can't say the same about Harrison, regardless of how good he can be. Moss is the safe and smart play.

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

"You will get some hop-ons."

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 2, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Interesting Redskins-related post coming from Steinbog.

Posted by: Cindy | September 2, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Lol an Anon calling someone else a b*tch. Call us when your balls drop and you can post your name.

Posted by: Skinz | September 2, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

yeah, because posting under the name 'skinz' takes such guts...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Leevi, would you consider Warner (high-flying Cards visiting the woebegone Niners) over Big Ben (heavy run offense home to trifling Texans) in week one? Just a thought...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 2, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the advice...It was my gut feeling as well...But when ya thin harrison ya think manning to harrison TD! LOL I will start Moss and let ya guys know how it turns out :)

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mike H. | September 2, 2008 1:50 PM

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 2, 2008 1:54 PM

3 games better makes them 7-9. Just sayin'...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 2, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

The funny thing about PFT is that if they didn't post items and links from OTHER newspapers and post news from other sites, THEY wouldn't exist.

Posted by: Not Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 2, 2008 2:34 PM

I hear ya Nate...been struggling with that as well...Also Warner would give me adouble strike in points with Larry F in there...But my gut is to go with Ben

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Also Nate...they are not that run heavy actually...Ben threw 32 TDs last year

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

yeah, because posting under the name 'skinz' takes such guts...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:34 PM

Thanks I agree. Sticking to a name even when being critical and having it attributed to you takes more "guts" than calling someone a b*tch under anon instead of your normal nom de guerre. Another side effect of this is that it tends to have people be much more civil. Glad we agree on that matter.

Posted by: Skinz | September 2, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

isn't anon's name...'Anon'?!

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Not Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

yeah, because posting under the name 'skinz' takes such guts...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:34 PM

Posted by: Skinz | September 2, 2008 2:40 PM

Well that and the fact that if you continually use a regular fake name we can tell if we want to pay attention to you, ie. are you full of crap, stupid, rascist, or are you really intelligent with something to write worth reading.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 2, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Now posting under a name like "The AMAZING Dik Shuttle of the Fabulous ShuttleLOUNGE" take some mangora, thaz fo sho.

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

beep it over

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

X-rays of Springs leg were negative, but it's pretty swollen. He'll be a game-time decision.

Posted by: Cindy | September 2, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Welcome to Zeke's Unique Perspective, brought to you by Yahoo!

The roster is set, so what does Zeke think?

The RBs are solid. Like them as pass catchers, too. Rock never got a shot after he fumbled vs KC. But I think he can be a good RB, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has a surprise year

QB The great mystery. Campbell has the talent. I remarked he looked over-coached vs Jax. But still, he could have easily completed 3/4 with no INT. He's talented enough to get us to the playoffs. But ... will he step up this year? I'm thinking ... YES. Game 2 will be more telling than game 1.

The receivers are a big question after Cooley and Moss. ARE can play at this level, but I wonder how good he can be with the broken bone in his hand. After that, its all guys who should be mostly on the pine. Real thin at WR, which may mean more Fred Davis.

OL No reason to panic in preseason. Its all about health. If healthy, this unit will be solid.

DL Among the best units on the team. Griffin's health is the biggest issue. He can be a beast in the middle.

LB London Fletcher is a terrific player. We'll see if Rocky is all the way back. Another position where we are thin, but I like the starters a lot.

DB Another strong unit, one of the deepest as well.

Teams Solid for the most part. Brooks is the only unknown, but he is replacing a guy who was pretty weak. I'm not sure who we should have return punts, but given how thin we are at WR, it shouldn't be one of those guys.

Thats Zeke's Unique Perspectives for today, with thanks to my sponsor, Yahoo!

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I gotcha, Leevi, just see the Stillers running out the clock with a sturdy lead late, while the Cards keep pitching it around in an NFC West shootout... solid roster, dude. Good luck to ya.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 2, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Not Anonymous | September 2, 2008 2:36 PM

Agreed, but doesn't PFT credit the source? That's all I expect from the post. Steiner could have said something about NFL crime being so bad it has to have a scorecard or something to that effect. At which point he could bring up the various places you can keep track of football players who get arrested. Then he could be creative and put his own spin on it. Maybe he could have a contest to see who would guess the punishment that Goodell would hand down. The winning prize could be a guest ride along the next time Cops was filmed in an NFL city. (Unless the perp was from Green Bay.)

I'm just saying...the possibilities are endless. There's no need to just copy someone else's stuff.

Posted by: will_ga | September 2, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

LoseableType bites the dust - again.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Someone take the keys away from her before she wrecks this thing.

Posted by: Please | September 3, 2008 6:20 AM | Report abuse