Offense makes strides, Kyle Shanahan says

A lot of what we heard during the Redskins' off-season workouts indicated that the defense was ahead of the offense in terms of learning their respective systems. That is a pretty common training camp trend.

Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan explained that to overhaul an offensive philosophy, coaches must first tear down what players already know.

"When you put in a new offense, it's up and down. You're going to get a lot worse before you get better, as people learn the new offense," Shanahan said. "Once they can get it a little, then it's learning what we want on the technique. If you don't go through all this now, then you're going to have to go through it at training camp and it's tough
to be ready Week 1. You hope that we've hammered through a bunch of stuff and at training camp, we can start a little ahead of schedule and be ready by Week 1."

So what does Shanahan think so far? Well, he's pleased with the progress that he's seen. Thrilled with quarterback Donovan McNabb. Happy to have Santana Moss back. And he had some nice words for theoffensive line.

Shanahan said that Redskins coaches have taught the players everything they'll be doing offensively in training camp and to start the regular season. "They grasp a lot," he said. "We put it all in.

"They all know what they're doing on the board. That takes a while to do," Shanahan said. "The next step that they haven't fully grasped is knowing it on the board and at the snap count, reacting and doing it without thinking. Because now they start to think, someone adjusts to them and they bust."

The team concluded its minicamp on Thursday. Of the three practices scheduled for this week, Wednesday's was cut short by rain and Friday's was canceled. On Thursday, Shanahan said, "I would have liked to have finished a little stronger than we did today, but it was a good camp."

He said he was most pleased by Moss's performance. Moss is recovering from off-season arthroscopic knee surgery.

"In these two days, Santana has really stepped up," he said. "Because we haven't had him before that. It was good to get him out here. I was expecting him to be real rusty, and he didn't look like it. He stepped up and he was the guy I've been watching my whole career. So it was good to have him."

By Rick Maese  |  June 18, 2010; 6:00 AM ET
Categories:  Offensive line
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Skins alumni pile on Haynesworth
Next: McIntosh wants an extended stay

Comments

'They're as good as any O-line I've ever had'.

Not sure whether that says more about the lines KS has had in the past or the 'Skins.

I bet BA is still scouring the waiver wires for a bit of depth though!

Posted by: craig81 | June 18, 2010 6:31 AM | Report abuse

Whilst watching an episode of Family Guy last night the answer to the AH problem came to me.

Lets trade him to the London Silly Nannys. So long as they offer something good in return, of course.

Posted by: craig81 | June 18, 2010 6:36 AM | Report abuse

Haynesworth is Exhibit A in everything that is wrong with paying a guy ridiculous money for playing well in a contract year. I think if I were a GM I would be leery of guys who suddenly play better when there is a money incentive to. It stands to reason that a guy who plays well to get a big contract won't do much once he's set up with more money than he knows what to do with. Albert Haynesworth STOLE Snyders money and ripped off every Redskins fan with his selfish attitude. He's a real loser with no self respect and for all the money he now has - it won't buy him respect. The POS

Posted by: scottmando | June 18, 2010 6:48 AM | Report abuse

'They're as good as any O-line I've ever had'.

Posted by: craig81 | June 18, 2010 6:31 AM

I'm actually a bit encouraged by that remark...if you look at what KS had in Houston, they didn't exactly have the 2nd coming of the Hogs. And Mike Shanahan's lines in Denver didn't always look good on paper and were probably more a product of the system. Seems to me the line has a chance to be better than we expect because there's a real coaching staff here now.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 6:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando | June 18, 2010 6:48 AM

Respect, priceless. For everything else, there's VISA.

Posted by: greenback | June 18, 2010 6:53 AM | Report abuse

Congrats to all Lakers' fans.

As for me, there's always more crow to feast on.

Hand me that salt, fool....

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 7:14 AM | Report abuse

"I feel real confident. They're as good as any O-line that I've ever had," he Kyle Shanahan said. "I feel solid with all of our guys."

I believe this comment to a degree.

The singular issue with the line is the lack of depth at tackle and guard.

If Hicks or BMW or Dockery go down, we'll see ourselves in the same mess on the line we've been in for the past three seasons.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 7:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 7:26 AM

Not sure how much I agree with this...seems to me we're still better off because we have a proven system that emphasizes the run. Last year, we had to find guys off the street to come play. This year, we have Heyer and a couple of young prospects off the bench. Cook and Capers may or may not be ready to play right away, but we've seen Shanahan get more out of players with less than Cook and Capers.

I think the line will be fine this year...but either way it's going to be something we'll all watch with great interest.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 7:38 AM | Report abuse

One for the thumb.

No doubt Laker haters have a bad case of Mamba Flu. Bamas are going to be puking purple and gold for the next three days.

Ron Artest is the man, and I don't care who disagrees with that. Dude is real as it gets. And crazy as a MoFo too.

Oh forgot to mention. Kobe hopped on the scorers table last night.

Guess he thought: 'Lets see, how can I immitate Micheal on this one?'

Hey Ryp11, you gonna upload that moment on youtube as well?

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse

A proper system and good coaching certainly promise to make things better than last year even if injuries hit again. Has anybody seen anything on how some of the younger linemen other than TW are getting on in practices - Rinehart, Capers, Cook?

If the Shanahans and Foerster can get something out of Rinehard, that would go a long way to settling depth at guard at least.

Posted by: craig81 | June 18, 2010 7:43 AM | Report abuse

Back up linemen we can depend on?

Lichtensteiger, Kory--g

Robinson, William--t

Cook, Erik--c/g

Capers, Selvish--t

Montgomery, Wil--c/g

Heyer, Stephon--t

Oldenburg, Clint--t

Williams, Edwin--c/g

Rhinehart, Chad--g

I'd say the guy with the target on his back has got to be C Rhinehart, the 3rd pick who so far has, well, delivered nothing but late nite pizza.

I like the mix of center/guard types, but wonder about the tackle spots.

I'd still like to see a vet tackle brought in.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Oh forgot to mention. Kobe hopped on the scorers table last night.

Guess he thought: 'Lets see, how can I immitate Micheal on this one?'

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 7:41 AM

Glad you pointed that out...saves me from having to.

I'll give the guy his props for getting his 5th ring, but he needs to thank the sweet baby Jesus that Gasol and Artest showed up. Shooting 6 for 24 in a Game 7? True entrants for the GOAT convo don't play like that with the series on the line.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: craig81 | June 18, 2010 7:43 AM

I heard Samuels on the radio the other day talking up Capers quite a bit. He was the only young guy he talked about, but was really impressed.

Posted by: stevek20147 | June 18, 2010 7:54 AM | Report abuse

I like the mix of center/guard types, but wonder about the tackle spots.

I'd still like to see a vet tackle brought in.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 7:51 AM

100% agree. The only thing I don't buy is that the line is somehow as bad as it was last year. Shanahan alone pretty much ensures that won't happen again.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 7:56 AM | Report abuse

congrats to LA...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 7:59 AM | Report abuse

The singular issue with the line is the lack of depth at tackle and guard.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 7:26 AM | Report abuse

Remember, Moe, we have CRinehart, who spent the off-season bulking up on after-hour pizza abd beer.

Posted by: frediefritz | June 18, 2010 8:08 AM | Report abuse

brown, anyone that would say that Kobe is better than Jordan is an idiot, and is most likely 18 or younger.

Yea, Kobe stunk it up last night. But NO ONE from the Lakers made shots early on, and lets not forget that MJ had some pretty crappy shooting games as well in his career. You're not going to shoot 45, hell even 40% or better every night.

The "Kobe wants to be like Jordan" is the crap that has me laughing -- Still.

Oh, did you see that? Kobe just wiped his nose just like Mike...

*Gasp* Did you see that? Kobe just picked the jam between his toes like Mike...

The dude has said on numerous occasions that "Mike is the greatest of all time" and that "can he just be him?"

It isn't his fault that Kobe greatness reminds you of MJ's greatness.

KB24 haters need to find new material, and guess what? Kobe will provide it for you to. How do I know this?

Because homie is a winner. That team is still a threat in the NBA for at least the next two seasons.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 8:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: craig81 | June 18, 2010 7:43 AM | Report abuse
Shanny must have liked something about Kory Lichensteiger, who he drafted in the 4th round of 2008, and "coached up" for a year.

Posted by: frediefritz | June 18, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Red, we probably won't agree on Kobe and rehashing the discussion will only have us repeating the same stuff we said the last time. Suffice it say, that if so many people are seeing the same thing it can't be totally baseless...

Greg, pretty gracious of you to come up here and give LA their props. I know you're probably hurtin' this morning knowing that it's likely going to be another 20 years before Boston's back in the Finals.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Red, when are you gonna show Pau some love?
Who's soft now?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: stevek20147 | June 18, 2010 7:54 AM | Report abuse
Hadn't heard that, stevek, thanks for passing that along.

Posted by: frediefritz | June 18, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse

beans, no way the Lakers out rebound the C's the way they did if Perkins is playing last night.

The Lakers had 23, count 'em TWENTY-THREE offensive rebounds. No way that happens with Perk out there.

Oh, brown. Convenient of you how you left out the fact that Kobe while he couldn't buy a bucket, he was snagging down rebounds left and right. 11 of his FIFTEEN boards were defensive.

Celts were just gassed man. Their bench was a complete non-factor. Only Glen Davis saw double-digit minutes.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse

"The only thing I don't buy is that the line is somehow as bad as it was last year. Shanahan alone pretty much ensures that won't happen again."

D Mac decision-making will improve line play as well.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse

brown, it is what it is, they played hard, just didn't have anything left at the end.....

good to hear CSamuels talking up capers, thats encouraging....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 8:20 AM | Report abuse

Kyle Shanahan is relieved to see Moss out there and doing well. Something tells me that his frame of reference up until that point was a little below expectations and this is a worry. The team keeps shopping for wide receivers, so I take this as something is not quite right in the receiving ranks.

The good news is Fred Davis beat his defenders deep and hauled in a touchdown pass in the last practice. Fred is not a wide receiver but the team could get clever with how it uses both Davis and Cooley. What would be an interesting addition to this mix would be Westbrook. They could run two tight end, two back sets and still have three receivers who could get deep. I think Shanahan could work with that when coupled with Moss as the lone receiver. If they could through Larry Johnson in the mix as a sometimes-fullback and you suddenly have a running formation with a lot of guys who can catch the ball...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 18, 2010 8:21 AM | Report abuse

The singular issue with the line is the lack of depth at tackle and guard.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 7:26 AM
------------------------------------------
Moe, any one of those guys getting injured is bad day, but if Trent Williams goes down, it is a bad season. You want to see Heyer, Hicks or one of the other scrubs manning the left tackle position all season? That's a nightmare to bring on cold sweats...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 18, 2010 8:24 AM | Report abuse

"Unless, of course, LeBron shocks the world and signs with the Celts. Gotta admit he and Rondo together would be epic..."

I dunno, LeBron in Miami makes a ton o' sense, too.

If I'm King James, I avoid the Knicks no matter what they offer.

The Knicks suck and it hurts the NBA.

The Knicks are dummies as several of their former players--J Crawford, C Fyre, N Robertson, Q Richardson--have all moved on played well, and they're contemplating dumping their best player, D Lee.

King James should go play with D Wade and M Beasely.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 8:26 AM | Report abuse

I really like Shanny.

I haven't been able to say that about any head coach here in a long time.

He's a stand up guy and I respect that.

Can't wait for the season to start.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | June 18, 2010 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 8:17 AM

Dude, I told you I give they guy props for still getting it done. He crashed the boards and got to the foul line...exactly what you're supposed to when you can't buy a bucket. I'm just sayin' he should be thanking his lucky stars that Artest finally showed up and that Gasol played well. Anything less, and we'd be discussing how Kobe is 4-3 in the Finals instead of doming him up for getting more rings than Shaq.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 8:32 AM | Report abuse

ray, cosign, but also, I like what I've seen from BAllen as well, getting the older players in here, thats called a complete overhaul of the culture that formerly existed at the park......thats a huge step in the right direction....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 8:33 AM | Report abuse

redskinhead

"The good news is Fred Davis beat his defenders deep...(he) is not a wide receiver, but the team could get clever with how it uses both (him) and Cooley."

This is indeed good news.

Using Davis and Cooley like receivers with Moss hides whatever wide receiver weaknesses we might have.

Too, folks talk about B Westbrook as a third down back forgetting Cooley's H-back like skills out of the backfield.

And again, if you're a vet like J Galloway or M Furrey, you have to think you can move up the receiver depth chart or make the team just on smarts and savvy alone.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 8:34 AM | Report abuse

frediefritz | June 18, 2010 8:13 AM

So long as we have some depth, that would work too! If it can come from guys already on the roster, even better.

Samuels talking up Capers is good news (thanks SteveK). I liked the guy as a 3rd or 4th rounder before the draft, if we get a starting right tackle from a 7th rounder jobs a good 'un. Be like having Bobby Beathard back!

Posted by: craig81 | June 18, 2010 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV |

Red, you hit the nail on the head. Celts fans can't blame this loss on the lack of Perk. It could be said that if Bynum was 100%, the series may not have gone to 7 so thats all worthless speculation at this point.
What surprises me is that all series long we have been told how much better Boston's bench was than LA's.
You want to talk about who didn't show up when it counted, the Celtic bench is exhibit A in my mind.

Posted by: Predator48 | June 18, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Red, when are you gonna show Pau some love?
Who's soft now?

Posted by: learnedhand1

Pau answered the bell last night, and should've got serious consideration for finals MVP.

Still doesn't change the fact he's SOFT-ttttt.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

""I feel real confident. They're as good as any O-line that I've ever had," he said. "I feel solid with all of our guys.""

Is this a true sign of hope, or are the World Cup horns actually Gabriel's Resounding Call Heralding The Apocalypse, and the Seven-Eyed, Seven-Horned Goat of Sacrificial Redemption..Only Jesus's hair stylist knows for sure..

Posted by: frak | June 18, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone else hear Al Galdi on 980 radio yesterday say that he thinks Malcolm Kelly may not make the final roster? That would be an absolute shocker to me.

Posted by: Predator48 | June 18, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Hey Red - what MJ celebration do you think Kobe imitates tonight?

1998? (like last year)

1992? The "2" sign up on the scorer's table?

1996? Crying with ball in the locker room?

My money is on 1992....

(evil laughter)

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 17, 2010 2:45 PM

Sorry Bean - reverse jinx didn't catch.

I was still right, of course.

Cs just got too stagnant offensively in the 4th.

I thought PP hurt them in the 3rd by settling for bad shots when they could have widened the gap. And Ray had to use too much gas guarding Kobe.

And I won't even mention how the Lakers shot more FTs in the 4th than the Cs did all game...

oops

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 18, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

pred, seems way, way premature for that kind of talk....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Still doesn't change the fact he's SOFT-ttttt.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 8:37 AM

How is he soft? He avg'd 18/11 with nearly 4 ast and 2 blks per game while being pummeled by the Celtics. Where was your boy KG last night? 3 boards? 5 rpg for the series. That's not getting it done.

Told you and that clown from Beantown that KG doesn't scare anyone anymore. He's a shell of his former self.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 8:52 AM | Report abuse

ryp, thanks for acknowleding the jinx, the papercut/eye thing with you, is back on as well...haha

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Ryp, fouls were 25 to 19 in favor of the Lakers. You don't go to the line shooting jump shots, which is a lot of what the C's took.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

If anyone wants to see more AH defending, here's some dicktip named Patrick Hruby on ESPN killing his credibility as a writer:

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

congrats to LA...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 7:59 AM | Report abuse
_______

Congrats to my beloved Lakers on a great win last night....I told y'all that they'd get it done.

And to all of you here who were incorrect about Gasol ('he's soft", "KG's going to school him", blah, blah, blah) - and you know who you are - I'm accepting apologies on behalf of Laker fans everywhere. I think he proved his case, so I don't want to hear it anymore.

Bean, I didn't see any of the Celtics interviews or pressers last night, but I would assume it was a pretty brutal scene. I can't say I'm unhappy about that, but props to them for not giving up and playing hard. They probably overachieved this season, and if I were a fan, I'd at least be proud of that.

I heard a quote from Doc on the radio this morning where he said something like "these starters still haven't been beaten", which I didn't like at all and, at least in the vacuum of that sole quote that I heard, showed bad sportsmanship on his part. Plus, it's wrong, as they have been beaten now. I don't really care about Perkins' injury (and he's not one of the core 3 guys anyway), as Doc conveniently left out the fact that Bymnum was a shell of his normal self because of his own injury. Didn't like that one bit.

Now, on to Redskins news....

Posted by: skinsfan713 | June 18, 2010 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Brown, did you read the article? He loses credibility because he doesn't share your position on the matter? He didn't say anything unreasonable and made some good points.

Guys holdout/complain about their situation in all pro sports. I don't get all the vitriol. It's not anybody here's money. If people don't like him they should be happy he wants off the team.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 8:55 AM |

Agreed - the Cs didn't earn many trips to the stripe cause they played too tentative in the 4th.

But after letting them play for 3 quarters, the refs started calling touch fouls on Boston in the 4th - like the 2 in the first 30 seconds against Baby. Its just inconsistent officiating.

I was acutally enjoying last nights game for the tough battle it was, as ugly as it was... then it turned into a FT parade.

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 18, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 9:06 AM

No, he loses credibility (IMO) because he compares playing football to being a damn sous chef. It's not the same thing, not even a little bit.

Forget management a minute...this about rallying up for your teammates. Carlos Rogers and Rocky Mac showed up to voluntary sessions EVEN THOUGH THEY WEREN'T UNDER CONTRACT. They thought enough of their teammates and care enough about winning to show up and try to turn around the 4-12 mess. AH is being paid big bucks to give a crap, and he said as much in his introductory presser.

Hruby and AH would all too right if Zorn were still in place here the team was changing just to change. But he was a part of the 4-12 mess here and everything got changed. That's life. Sh*t happens. Somehow he feels like he doesn't have to help make it better and anyone with professional pride should know better.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 9:15 AM | Report abuse

lh, like how you think that Los is better than Hall, I think Gasol is soft. I really don't have any proof or facts other than what I see, and that's how I form my opinion on Gasol. Sort of like you do with Los and Hall.

Hope that clears that up.

Ryp, when Kobe hopped on the scorers table I immediately thought of those of your ilk.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Red, Los is ranked higher than Hall in case you missed that. So it's not just what I see.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

There aren't many o-lines in the NFL with sparkling depth. New Orleans did well last year without Jammal Brown. Arizona was able to plug in replacements when they needed them. You could argue that Minnesota, the Jets, and Baltimore were the deepest, but they're the exceptions. And all are facing changes going into this year.

Ideally the Skins would take this starting group all the way through camp and preseason without any changes. That's how you get good. Shanahan lines are always 'system' lines, in which the goal is to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts. Center is the key position; you saw how quickly they signed Casey Rabach.

Kyle Shanahan went with 1st rounder Duane Brown at LT in Houston when he was only the second rookie in team history to start all 16 games. I imagine they're hoping for the same sort of success here.

Posted by: Samson151 | June 18, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 9:17 AM

Thanks! Proud of myself for calling my shot.

Can't argue with video proof, my man...

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 18, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I really like Shanny.

I haven't been able to say that about any head coach here in a long time.

He's a stand up guy and I respect that.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | June 18, 2010 8:28 AM

No love for Joe Gibbs?

Posted by: Alan4 | June 18, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Ryp, everybody jumps on the scorers table nowadays.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Predator48 | June 18, 2010 8:43 AM
----------------------------------------
pred, seems way, way premature for that kind of talk....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 8:51 AM
------------------------------------------
I know I keep going back to it, but there really has to be a reason why the team continues to kick the tires of these veteran wide receivers... I'm wondering if MK and DT are underwhelming to the point where they might not have roster spots. Remember, they are not Shanny's guys and the last I heard they were all being upstaged by some scrub named Armstrong who has been kicking around the arena league.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 18, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Couple of things. I take everything said at this time of the year with a grain of salt. They are not in pads and it completely changes the dynamic when they start hitting. I cant tell you how many times I have read about a receiver tearing it up during the camps only to have him disappear when the hitting starts.

Kyle saying that this is the best Oline he has coached sounds like coach speak. Rarely do you hear a coach say that a unit sucks to the media. Keep in mind Kyle has only coached for 4 years with two being an OC. He was not around in Denver for those Olines.

Last year's Oline was one of the worst ever. If it was that bad again you would really have to question the entire new regime. It can't be fixed overnight but it won't take much to exceed last year.

The real test will be when the first team oline goes up against a first team defense in a pre season game. Then we will get an idea of where they are.

Posted by: srobert1117 | June 18, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 18, 2010 8:34 AM
------------------------------------------
I am finding it hard to believe that Galloway is still in the conversation. The dude is ancient in football years. The fact that he is still in the picture is another indication of how weak our receiving corps is.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 18, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

No love for Joe Gibbs?

Posted by: Alan4 | June 18, 2010 9:35 AM

1.0 or 2.0?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | June 18, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1

Where is this? Link please....

Ryp11, when Eric Devendorf jumped on the scorers table at Syracuse, no one thought of MJ, did they?

Gee, I wonder why that is?

People saw Micheal they thought of greatness. People see Kobe they think of greatness.

Notice the pattern?

Dwight Howard kicks his legs up after he dunks and calls himself 'Superman'. I guess he's a Shaq wanna be too, right?

Steve Nash plays with his tongue out. I guess he wants to be like MJ too, right?

Lebron dunked with one hand behind his head once, I guess he wants to be like Karl Malone too, right?

It's fun to form opinions based off, um, nothing!

And yeah, the video can certain most lie. Especially when it's pieced together by somone who's agenda is hate based.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Re-posting from late last night:

Fat Albert has probably screwed up future contract negotiations for almost every player in the NFL.
"I'm sorry, but we just can't offer any guaranteed money to your client. How do we know that your client wont pull a Hanesworth?"
Those words will probably be heard by every agent who represents an NFL player.

It also occurs to me that Alberts actions probably will hurt the NFLPA in their attempt to negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement with the owners. The owners will surely want to increase what they can recoup from any player that tries to attempt anything like this in the future. Players all over the league need to consider what Fat A-hole is doing to hurt their future. He is setting a VERY bad precedent for all of them, and couldn't have picked a worse year to do it.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 18, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

red, fyi, right now USA is losing 1-0 in world cup play, to Slovekystznkiacz....

thought you'd wanna know...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

How ironic fat Albert bails just before alumni day. How cool it is Rocky wants to be under that 'veterans tent' one day. I believe this O line are going to be ok and with Davis, Cooley, and our new secret weapon D-MO some of the pressure will be eased. Westbrook will probably sign now that mini-camp is over. The defense is going to surprise as well. Thoughts?

Posted by: grumpybaz | June 18, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Good to hear that Shanny Jr. is impressed with Moss - not so good the silence on the rest of the wr's.

Posted by: coparker5 | June 18, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Well, it can't get worse than last year so it wasn't hard to make strides

Posted by: Bious | June 18, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse