Posted at 3:35 PM ET, 01/25/2011

Redskins looking at Senior Bowl offensive linemen

By Rick Maese

The Redskins addressed a huge need in last year's draft by selecting left tackle Trent Williams in the first round. But they're still in need of help on the line, and Washington scouts were on hand Tuesday morning here in Mobile, Ala., to watch practice of the North team, which featured a trio of talented tackles.

Colorado tackle Nate Solder drew rave reviews for his Day One performance , and he'll likely share reps in Saturday's Senior Bowl with Boston College's Anthony Castonzo and Wisconsin's Gabe Carimi.

"I think I performed real well today," said Carimi, who had a standout performance Monday and also saw some reps at guard. "I didn't throw as many people on the ground, but I did throw a lot. Constantly trying to finish and throw people down."

Michigan guard Stephen Schilling also had a strong day and chatted with Redskins' scouts after practice.

According to the NFL Network's Mike Mayock, Schilling isn't even among the top five interior offensive linemen, though his stock could be rising this week. Mayock lists Florida's Mike Pouncey and Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski as the top guards. At tackle, he has Solder at No. 1, followed by Castonzo, USC's Tyron Smith and then Carimi.

Carimi said he learned three different types of zone blocking at Wisconsin and feels comfortable in a zone scheme. He's also a pretty smart player and is only four credits shy of a degree in civil engineering.

"I'm good at mathematics, I guess," he said. "I like constructing things, I like building things. I'm a woodworker. I built a queen-sized bed, king-sized bed, a cabinet. It just suited me."

For more from the Senior Bowl, check out Terrapins Insider and Hokies Journal.

By Rick Maese  | January 25, 2011; 3:35 PM ET
Categories:  Offensive line
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Post Sports: NFL Championship games,
the Caps at midseason and college hoops

Next: Roster analysis: Wide receivers

Comments

Build the O-wall! But preferably thru FA...

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | January 25, 2011 3:39 PM | Report abuse

I still don't believe there is an o-linemen worth the 10 pick, so go OLB or DE but I will be happy with any player at a position of need. Which could be anything except TE.

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 25, 2011 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Well thats a novel approach to your oline. Draft college seniors, mind blowing.

Posted by: Stu27 | January 25, 2011 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Mike Jones of TBD.com to be the WaPo Redskins beat reporter. Welcome him the only way you know how to RI...by b!tching at him.

Posted by: 4-12 | January 25, 2011 3:46 PM | Report abuse

THIS JUST IN:

Skippy will be opening for Obakma's State fo the Union tonight!

Here's brief excerpt with link to entire address:

"I am Skippy and I have a metal plate in my head. I live with my Mother, the twins of my dead sister and my cat, Mr. Whiskers IV, in a Doublewide Trailer just down the row from Floyd, the Truck Drivin’ Man, in his Peterbilt. Floyd makes the best Lemon Meringue Pie. Mr. Obama has asked Skippy to entertain you while he roots around in his closet for his missing burp certificate. This is meant to appease the unappeasable, the American Burper Party, an offshoot of the political lobby group, “Pull My Finger, Inc.”

ENTIRE TEXT is at http://open.salon.com/blog/corkwriter

Posted by: TheCork | January 25, 2011 3:47 PM | Report abuse

I actually like Rick I hope he takes over the blog.

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 25, 2011 3:47 PM | Report abuse

moe says his fried chicken is better than anyones

try this:

I fry mine in canola oil in a fry daddy.

I only fry wings, thighs, drumsticks--not breast meat, backs.

This makes it less 'greasy' and fattening.

I season it with a wisp of garlic and onion powder, salt, and black pepper.

I lightly flour the meat.

The chicken is so good, Klansmen drive to my home from miles around to eat it.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 25, 2011 3:48 PM | Report abuse

You need top notch Fat Boys to push through an 18 game season.

Book it!

Posted by: Alan4 | January 25, 2011 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Colorado tackle Nate Solder drew rave reviews for his Day One performance...

If they are looking at second tier offensive lineman, that's not a bad thing.

We have three 5 picks (don't we?) and if one is a tackle and the other a guard, who can complain?

We will.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 25, 2011 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Not to be confused with Chicken Alan King which comes with a blunted out stogey, a smirk and comments about an enlarged prostate.

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 25, 2011 3:51 PM | Report abuse

But, this is not how we write in RI....

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 25, 2011 3:43 PM

Duly noted...I was going more Billy Madison style.

Posted by: PlayAction | January 25, 2011 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Draft college seniors.......yeah that's the ticket.

Posted by: wireman65 | January 25, 2011 4:00 PM | Report abuse

There are too many good and young FA o-lineman. I say use some later picks for depth on the o-line. I want to see a stud olb (prob our biggest need) opposite B O. Ngata, Fitzgerald, V jackson are out there (dreaming maybe).

P.S
Don't forget we get to go through another preseason of Malcolm Kelly. Will he, won't he? Yay, we're all looking forward to that...

Posted by: MaxnDC | January 25, 2011 4:08 PM | Report abuse

That Solder kid is very good from what I remember.

Boy we could use a third rounder.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 25, 2011 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Can someone at the Post look back at Mike Mayocks's top picks in previous years and see how they actually turned out? He seems to think he's an elite judge of anything football related, I was just wondering how his predictions actually turn out.

Posted by: RiggoisDrunk | January 25, 2011 4:11 PM | Report abuse

That Solder kid is very good from what I remember.

Boy we could use a third rounder.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 25, 2011 4:08 PM

If the 'Skins see the right guy there, they will get a third rounder by trading a second from next year's draft -- probably to New England which is the Goldman Sachs investment bank of draft-pick trading.

Posted by: beep-beep | January 25, 2011 4:13 PM | Report abuse

no thanks beep, thats not good draft pick management....deal with the picks you have this year, try and maximize what you can, but at some point, the raiding of the future picks has to stop..

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 25, 2011 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Don't let the name fool you... it just tastes like chicken.

Posted by: Alan4 | January 25, 2011 4:18 PM | Report abuse

This is a lot of smoke screening as well. Try to make them like who you don't, and make them dislike who you do.

At least we don't have Danny and Vinny flying around as of yet.

You know...looking at WR's with injury concerns.

Posted by: Devo2 | January 25, 2011 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Bean--You're right. I'm not calling for it, but I am predicting it. If Shanahan sees a guy in the third round who he considers a second round talent he'll pull the trigger on a trade.

Posted by: beep-beep | January 25, 2011 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Any of those guys mentioned would be an upgrade over what our starters offered last yr.

My free agent wish list, you guys pick who ya like

Sidney Rice/Vincent Jackson
Kalil/Mankins
Elvis Dummervil/Tamba Hali
Champ Bailey

Resign moss on a 2/3 yr n let rocky walk.

Then draft
Kerrigan/miller/pouncey/newton
Kaepernick/ wisnewski/ powe

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | January 25, 2011 4:23 PM | Report abuse

As of now, do we have a full slate of picks in 2012? If we do, it should be an organization-wide goal to see to it that it stays that way.

Posted by: MColeman51 | January 25, 2011 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MColeman51 | January 25, 2011 4:23 PM |

This is what we have for 2012:

1,2,3,4,4(From Raiders for JC17,5,6,7

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 25, 2011 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | January 25, 2011 4:40 PM

Look at us. A full slate plus one.

You know that extra pick is burning a hole in Vinny's pocket like an amputee's missing limb still itches.

Posted by: MColeman51 | January 25, 2011 4:45 PM | Report abuse

This is good news. The Redskins football program will go absolutely nowhere without quality offensive and defensive linemen who are young and athletic, regardless of the talent level of the QB, Running backs or Wide Receivers.

Posted by: murrayh | January 25, 2011 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Somebody should tell Carimi that O-linemen who throw D-linemen to the ground in the NFL get called for holding.

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | January 25, 2011 4:53 PM | Report abuse

My free agent wish list, you guys pick who ya like

Sidney Rice/Vincent Jackson
Kalil/Mankins
Elvis Dummervil/Tamba Hali
Champ Bailey

Resign moss on a 2/3 yr n let rocky walk.

Then draft
Kerrigan/miller/pouncey/newton
Kaepernick/ wisnewski/ powe

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | January 25, 2011 4:23 PM | Report abuse

If I could only choose 1 of those FA, I'd have to go with Kalil.

A great center would work wonders for the OL.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 25, 2011 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Seeing that the scouts are looking at offensive linemen just made my day.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 25, 2011 4:57 PM | Report abuse

One question: Who's picking Cutler up at Dulles? Hopefully two young, strong O-lineman and 1 each 6'4 WR with hands made of stick 'em. HTTR!

Posted by: Skinsfanz | January 25, 2011 5:24 PM | Report abuse

My free agent wish list, you guys pick who ya like

Sidney Rice/Vincent Jackson
Kalil/Mankins
Elvis Dummervil/Tamba Hali
Champ Bailey

Resign moss on a 2/3 yr n let rocky walk.

Then draft
Kerrigan/miller/pouncey/newton
Kaepernick/ wisnewski/ powe

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | January 25, 2011 4:23 PM

WRs: Malcolm Floyd or James Jones and DEFINITELY re-sign Moss
OL: No thanks to Mankins, Carolina would be straight tard not to re-sign Kalil (or tag him) ... if its UFA, the Tyson Clabo or Harvey Dahl from Atlanta ... but I'm coming around to the prevailing wisdom about just getting the SAME guys working together for a couple few seasons.
OLBs: Draft ... or Hali ... but same story as Kalil ... the Cheeves will figure out what's good for them (just like the Ravens will with Ngata). Neither of those teams will let their top UFA leave. The Skins should do the same and re-sign Rogers.
CB: No Champ. No more third-contract-should-be-in-foreseeable-decline UFAs, thanks. Re-sign Rogers. Expect more from Barnes. Replace Buchanon with someone like Chris Carr (BAL) or Eric Wright (CLE).

Draft: OLB or DE (1st), then NT or FS (2nd) ... get a punter with the last pick.

Do Skins have any compensatory picks? Have compensatory picks been announced yet?

Posted by: dcsween | January 25, 2011 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Let's go with 1 ea Mike Webster clone and 2 ea Russ Grimm clones; one for each side. Build the impenetrable wall.

Posted by: Skinsfanz | January 25, 2011 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Also, its time to start expecting that SOMEONE -- Blades, Henson, or Riley -- should be ready to step up at ILB.

Posted by: dcsween | January 25, 2011 5:31 PM | Report abuse

376 pounds?!?!

Maybe this guy IS ready to plug up the middle at NT ...

Posted by: dcsween | January 25, 2011 5:33 PM | Report abuse

What about inside linebacker? My money is on this for #10. Not because it's the greatest need but most likely the best value.

Posted by: bangkokben | January 25, 2011 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Loving the NFL Network showing the Senior Bowl practice. The DLmen on the South team are looking very solid. Linking Rodney Hudson Ol technique. He's a lightweight but dude is a solid player.

Posted by: TWISI | January 25, 2011 6:09 PM | Report abuse

I think we should be looking at Head Coach at #10!

Posted by: iubiquity | January 25, 2011 6:09 PM | Report abuse

My free agent wish list, you guys pick who ya like

Sidney Rice/Vincent Jackson... b.davis (cards) or j.jones (texans)

Kalil/Mankins... definitely... rebuild the oline!!!

Elvis Dummervil/Tamba Hali... dummervill... no... hall... maybe... m.benard (browns... legit 3/4 lb)... q. moses (fins)... t.howard (raiders)...

Champ Bailey... definitely... maybe even move him to free safety...

Resign moss on a 2/3 yr n let rocky walk.

Then draft
Kerrigan/miller/pouncey/newton... not quite...

Kaepernick/ wisnewski/ powe... more like it...

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | January 25, 2011 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

Sween, when I went over our needs, LB came up pretty high. On the inside, Fletcher is aging and Rocky might not be here. On the outside no one played well at OLB opposite Orakpo (and jeez, I wish he was always on the DL, but that ship sailed). I'm guessing we'll need 2 new LBs this year and 1 next.

Of the group you mentioned, I'm not that hopeful about Blades, don't know enough about Riley. I liked Henson and Rob Jackson seemed to play OK in his brief stint late this year. LB would be an urgent need, but I tend to agree, I think one of these guys steps into a useful spot and plays well enough to earn the job.

OL -- urgent
DL -- urgent
WR -- high priority
LB -- high priority
QB -- mid priority
DB -- mid priority
P -- mid priority
RB -- low priority
TE -- low priority
K -- low priority
ST -- low priority

Posted by: zcezcest1 | January 25, 2011 6:56 PM | Report abuse

I find it really funny that 3 players from one of the worst defenses in the NFL make it to the pro bowl! That has to be some sort of record or something!

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 7:12 PM | Report abuse

My free agent wish list, you guys pick who ya like

Sidney Rice/Vincent Jackson
Kalil/Mankins
Elvis Dummervil/Tamba Hali
Champ Bailey

Resign moss on a 2/3 yr n let rocky walk.

Then draft
Kerrigan/miller/pouncey/newton
Kaepernick/ wisnewski/ powe

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | January 25, 2011 4:23 PM

Dumervil is not a FA. He signed a new contract last summer before getting hurt

Posted by: skinswest | January 25, 2011 7:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm rooting for the Packers in the Super Bowl even tho I live in PA, bc I went to high school with Packers FB John Koon! I actually played te\DE on the football team with him!! Never really talked to him even tho we were in same grade, went to lots of parties he was at! DOVER EAGLES !! Move

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 7:14 PM | Report abuse

I'm rooting for the Packers in the Super Bowl even tho I live in PA, bc I went to high school with Packers FB John Koon! I actually played te\DE on the football team with him!! Never really talked to him even tho we were in same grade, went to lots of parties he was at! GO DOVER EAGLES !! Moved to Dover in my junior year so didn't play too much football with him ! Lol go eastern knights I played for them from jv up to my senior year!! M

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 7:18 PM |

Well let me be the first to say...who gives a shti!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Hope the Redskins can land Dick LeBeau to add to the Defense! He is a FA this year and I think if the Skins give him a title like HC Defense and out pay the Steelers I think we would land him! Jim Haslett would remain DC lol be would be under Dick Lebeau who would be the best thing to happen to this 3-4 D and could help fix it along with adding the right players!

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 7:41 PM | Report abuse

That Solder kid is very good from what I remember.

Boy we could use a third rounder.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 25, 2011 4:08 PM

A 3rd would be nice but big Nate Solder is a late 1st/early 2nd kind of player. Dude is 6'8 320 but runs in the 4.90 range. He's in the mix with Derek Sherrod (Miss St), Gabe Carimi (Wis), Anthony Castonzo (BC) from as the only 4 OTs with a 1st RD grade.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 25, 2011 7:41 PM | Report abuse

actually it pretty damn cool to be under 30 lol

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Redskins Senior Bowl Draft Prospect: Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
by Kevin Ewoldt

The lack of quality players at NT has killed the Redskins in defending both the pass and run.

Projected round: 2nd

The Redskins 3-4 defense started to take some shape the last 4 games of the season, which was evident with the rushing defense jumping six spots to finish 26th in Yards Against per carry (4.6). Anthony Bryant was certainly a help there. So that leads to the question - Who will be the Redskins Nose Tackle next season if the Redskins don't draft one? There are several free agents out there, but in terms of our current roster, Anthony Bryant still has question marks if he can make it through an entire season (since this was his first NFL action after a 4-year hiatus). Vonnie Holliday played admirably this season, but he will be 36 this December. Phillip Daniels saw some action at NT and is a work horse, but he will be 38 in March.

The NT arguably is the most important position in the 3-4. If a NT can't get at least double teams blocks, like Ma'ake Kemoeatu could not, then the LBs have a much more difficult time getting through their gaps cleanly. A NT that can push the line back also does wonders for dropping a QB's completion percentage. So, how about Phil Taylor?

Brian Galliford, who's covers the mock drafts for SB Nation, had this to say on Taylor's first day at the Senior Bowl:

Taylor reportedly carried his 337 pounds very well at the weigh-in, looking to be in great shape, and then went out and had a good practice. Scouts noted his ability to clog up running lanes, as the South offense really struggled to run the football on the day, and he also displayed some ability as a pass rusher, with sophisticated moves for a big guy.

Taylor is the heaviest player at the Senior Bowl. The guy can hold a gap and showed this season that he has no problem fending off blockers. He also plays with a mean streak. I can't wait for this game on Saturday.

Note: WalterFootball.com has Taylor ranked as the 4th best NT in the draft with Ole Miss, Jerrell Powe being #1.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 25, 2011 8:03 PM | Report abuse

We might be looking for Schilling in the second round after taking a QB in the first. That would be my guess.

I'd love it if we could somehow get Julio Jones, though.

Posted by: lordtwang | January 25, 2011 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Well let me be the first to say...who gives a shti!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 7:31 PM |

Dude - can I be #2?

Posted by: ChinaLake | January 25, 2011 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 7:18 PM |

Did you mean John KUHN?

Sure seems like you went to school with him.

Erin Rojerz was my next door neighbor and used to feed my cat when our family went out of town, so I'm pulling for the Pack too.

Posted by: p1funk | January 25, 2011 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Dude - can I be #2?

Posted by: ChinaLake | January 25, 2011 8:43 PM

You are already #2.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Please,PLEASE Do the right thing and draft linemen! IMO it its a smoke screen. Oh thats right, Vinny is not here anymore.

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | January 25, 2011 8:48 PM | Report abuse

You give that turd hell, scamp.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | January 25, 2011 8:50 PM | Report abuse

You are already #2.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 8:47 PM

Well played, scamp. LMAO.

Posted by: beep-beep | January 25, 2011 8:50 PM | Report abuse

You give that turd hell, scamp.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | January 25, 2011 8:50 PM |

Hold on tight, bite your lip and give it hell! Who does number two work for?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Well played, scamp. LMAO.

Posted by: beep-beep | January 25, 2011 8:50 PM

Thank you sir.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 8:56 PM | Report abuse

lol scamp. still one of the most quotable movies ever.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | January 25, 2011 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Good stuff on Selvish Capers. Think he's gonna get some real run this year.

Posted by: rickyroge | January 25, 2011 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 25, 2011 8:03 PM |

Couple of comments:

1. I agrrree that NT is one of the (if not the) biggest Skins needs. And there doesn't look to be much on the FA market, so the draft should be looked to as a means of getting this need fixed.

2. Even though Orakpppo didn't have gaudy stats he did extremely well to get 8 sacks given how weak Kemo was and how many holds were called against him.

3. Speaking of NTs, it was a genius move by Cape to drop Rajiii back and snag that int. Pure genius. Do you think he will use it against the Steelers? Prob not. It will be interesting to see what other genius moves he has up his sleeve that he will unleash against the Men of Steel.

Posted by: ChinaLake | January 25, 2011 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Wisniewski FTW

Posted by: MSJPSU0610 | January 25, 2011 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Hey RICK MAESE, no worries on the o-line for we-e-e-e've got BIG MIKE WILLIAMS, ERIK COOK, EDWIN WILLIAMS, WIL OLDENBURG, and SELVISH CAPERS in the house.

Posted by: glawrence007 | January 25, 2011 9:48 PM | Report abuse

What is this stuttering prick night?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Read from today's Senior Bowl updates where Cameron Jordan was unblockable in individual and team drills. He's a natural 3-4 DE playing said position in college. He also slid inside on passing downs today and wrecked havoc. Early in the season, Jordan was a top ten prospect. He slid down to late first as the undergraduates came out. He'll back up the board if he continues to practice well this week. He'll should be a nice bargain pick for some team.

Posted by: TWISI | January 25, 2011 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Looking forward to another***REX!!!STOP BREATHING INTO THE MIKE***year of such roundhouse player selections as Scary Larry Johnson, Slick Willie Park-it,Dirtball McNabb and Albert's Gaping Maw..

LET'S GO HAMSTERS!!! OVER THE TOP!!!

Posted by: frak | January 25, 2011 10:10 PM | Report abuse

In case anyone cares, President Obama just gave a wonderful speech.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 25, 2011 10:16 PM | Report abuse

..my bad...who's a cynic...

Posted by: frak | January 25, 2011 10:18 PM | Report abuse

TWISI

The DLmen on the South team are looking very solid.

I watched that, too.

And it only goes to show the extent to which there are a lot of very good defensive linemen in this draft...

..and we should take from the draft what it gives: defenders.

Let's improve the play of our defensive front-7 by adding a NT and right rush end.

A 'swing' d-tackle to groom would be nice to have, too.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | January 25, 2011 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Twisi- goto hogshaven.com. They have some write ups of Jordan,Kerrigan, and the NT Taylor.

I posted there here but it'll probably essier just to goto their site.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 25, 2011 10:25 PM | Report abuse

In case anyone cares, President Obama just gave a wonderful speech.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 25, 2011 10:16 PM |

I would say it was a good speech, not necessarily wonderful. A little short on specifics but what do you expect at a State of the Union? That's all I'll say.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 10:29 PM | Report abuse

In case anyone cares, President Obama just gave a wonderful speech.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 25, 2011 10:16 PM |

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Scamp I am proud of you on this day.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 25, 2011 10:33 PM | Report abuse

I think the Republicans should have picked someone other than Paul Ryan to do the response.

He's a bigger buzzkill than Buzz Killington.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 25, 2011 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Scamp I am proud of you on this day.

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 25, 2011 10:33 PM |

I've been givin' dude some props when he deserves them. He's done a few good things and is moving a little towards the center. Just wish they all would.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 25, 2011 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Green Bay reminds us of a great solution to our nightbmare of 12 years in DC..

Current Majority (Snyder) and Minority owners of the Redskins.
PLEASE set a par value at a billion and cash out by going public like Green Bay.. You'll get a great ROI and the Skins fans become shareholders and get their team back.

Posted by: onanygivensunday | January 25, 2011 11:12 PM | Report abuse

Moe, I always thought the first Rage album was tight and raw rap , Zack De La Rocka and Carmelo Morello hit a nerve on the Rapahannock, Zack is the Devin Hester of rap...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy51yLLO7YY

Me like tv dinner fried chicken and Vagina Jim's Fried Poontang Shack over there off 14th St..Had a traumatic first experience with a box of chicken from the Union Station Popeye's..."Snot-Baked", I think they called it..Regular formula KFC with Tabasco used to be the bomb you dreamed about in jail, but since they went all Goldman/Sachs and charge you a downpayment on the Bentley for a box of chicken, that's out..

Me like bbq better...

Posted by: frak | January 25, 2011 11:12 PM | Report abuse

posted there here but it'll probably essier just to goto their site.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 25, 2011 10:25 PM

Thanks. I'm surprised Kerrigan is struggling this week at the senior bowl. He good be mover the "gamer" type. Of all the NT, Taylor seems to moving up the boards.

Posted by: TWISI | January 25, 2011 11:31 PM | Report abuse

My top pick for the Skins Von Miller is tearing it up at Senior Bowl practices. He could/should be gone by #10. Oh well, there's always Cameron Jordan

Posted by: TWISI | January 25, 2011 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | January 25, 2011 11:31 PM

Thanks for translating...I'm finally home on my computer. F'in iphone

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 25, 2011 11:37 PM | Report abuse

yea kuhn not koon lol my bad never seen that kids name written only went to same school never had and classes with him!

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 11:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | January 25, 2011 11:36 PM

Miller plays in a 3-4 at TamU but at maybe 6'3 240 (can't wait to see his actual measurements he might be an ILB in the 3-4 or even a will or sam in the 4-3. Some have him at barely 6'1 & 230lbs.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 26, 2011 12:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 26, 2011 12:02 AM

ILB...hmmm. That would be something if he can handle that position in the 3-4. He'll give a bunch of options with stunts to bring pressure up the middle. His versatility will help any defense.

Posted by: TWISI | January 26, 2011 12:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | January 26, 2011 12:11 AM

I like him but he might not be a 3-4 OLB at this level. He should run right around 4.5 which will be impressive.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 26, 2011 12:17 AM | Report abuse

Cutler suffered a grade 2 MCL tear which is a 1-2 week recovery. Doug Williams had his knee torched but came back 2 plays later and put up 35 pts in the 2nd QTR of a SB. Rivers played in the 2008 AFC champ game with an ACL tear.

Cutler is a quitter.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 26, 2011 12:22 AM | Report abuse

Cutler is a quitter.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 26, 2011 12:22 AM |

...and a giant d0uche.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | January 26, 2011 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Cutler is a quitter.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 26, 2011 12:22 AM |

...and a giant d0uche.

Posted by: scampbell1975

Seriously, Cutler has got his head slammed so much this past coupla years, he's been knocked goo-goo..The pounding he got from the Giants should send him into the Alzheimer's Home well before his time, and the studies on diabetic brain concussions are few and far between, so who knows if he'll live..

Too much existential pain there for me to throw him under the bus, though...

Posted by: frak | January 26, 2011 1:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 |

Se a lot of six foot DE's and OLBs ducking under tall tackles. Better have good bend, long arms and fast feet.

Posted by: TheCork | January 26, 2011 2:19 AM | Report abuse

Congratulations to London Fletcher on his second Pro bowl nod. Although he may not have had his best season this year he's definitely owed a lot more more pro bowls based on his previous seasons. And this time he gets to experience the real pro bowl in Hawaii.

Posted by: BacktoGlory | January 26, 2011 3:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BacktoGlory | January 26, 2011 3:23 AM | Report abuse

Congratulations to London Fletcher on his second Pro bowl nod. Although he may not have had his best season this year he's definitely owed a lot more pro bowls based on his previous seasons. And this time he gets to experience the real pro bowl in Hawaii.

Posted by: BacktoGlory | January 26, 2011 3:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: warriorking111285 | January 25, 2011 7:12 PM

Considering you spelled his name more like a racial slur than a surname, I'm going to guess that you guys weren't that tight...

Anyways, glad to see the FO putting the focus on O-line help...hopefully, we can get a FA or two to help shore up the line so we don't have all the pressure to HAVE to spend our 1st and/or 2nd to help the line.

And folks need to quit with all the Ryan Khalil talk...that dude isn't 300 pounds soaking wet with a box of rocks in his pockets and if you think he's not gonna get pushed around like Rabach and Lich, then you're just not watching this kid's game. He plays in the NFC South, where there's a whopping ZERO teams running a 3-4, meaning he rarely has to go toe-to-toe with a big, beefy NT. In the NFC East, he'll have to see that twice against Dallas, plus the Eagles and Giants aren't exactly light in the seat at DT. We need big, athletic lineman...Kalil only fits half that bill.

We need to be smart in FA...and IMO, signing Kalil wouldn't be smart.

Posted by: brownwood26 | January 26, 2011 5:35 AM | Report abuse

Cutler is a quitter.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 26, 2011 12:22 AM | Report abuse

This makes me sick.

How long has it been since you last played organized ball? I'm sure your retort will be something along the lines of "I played hurt every week and once scored 4 TDs for Polk high in a wheelchair against the '85 Bears" right? It doesn't mean anyone believes you.

I hate hearing this from fans. Scamp, you'll get no arguements from me that Cutler is a doosh, but calling him a quitter and not tough is rediculous.

Re: Rivers played with a torn acl, Bad Ass, yes. Stupid, also yes. But keep in mind that it was his not his plant foot and that makes a huge difference. Rivers could still step into throws.

Re: Doug Williams. He didn't have his knee "torched". He took a bad step on a drop back and hyperextended his knee. He sat out 2 plays and came back in, which is what most QBs would do. I still have the game on tape and will gladly send it to you for review.

I have to side with Urlacher on this. It's easy for people to sit on their couches and talk about how much of a pansy some dude is for not playing hurt, meanwhile they call in sick to work because of a bad hair day.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 26, 2011 7:08 AM | Report abuse

Some late night chirping up here. Gotta love the offseason.

I thought Von Miller was like a strong side OLB in a 4-3 ... but at a made up hybrid position called joker. If peeps see him as linebackery generally (sliding outside, inside, joker, joker, LB for $500, jack), then I like that idea. Sounds real Ravens-y, Steeler-y.

Also, whoever it was that thought the Raji drop-back was pure genius, the other name for that is "zone blitz." Skins have done it effectively as well when Daniels lined up at NT and dropped back into coverage.

Posted by: dcsween | January 26, 2011 7:10 AM | Report abuse

... meanwhile they call in sick to work because of a bad hair day.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 26, 2011 7:08 AM

Awesome idea! I been needing a new excuse (one dead grandmother too many). Can't come in today ... I sprained my mullet.

Posted by: dcsween | January 26, 2011 7:16 AM | Report abuse

O_e, I think the main thing with the Cutler controversy is that he sat on the sidelines sulking like a grumpy b*tch on her period. If he were trying to rally the troops and contribute another way, he'd be spared all the crap. But all he did was confirm the notion that he's a self-absorbed d-bag that looks more and more like Jeff George every day.

So to me, this whole episode is less an indictment of this toughness (which NOBODY should question since the guy is playing with Type I Diabetes) as it is a slight against his leadership skills...or lack thereof.

Posted by: brownwood26 | January 26, 2011 7:26 AM | Report abuse

brownwood, hopefully it lowers the BEARS' value in the guy ... I'd still trade McNabb for Cutler in a heartbeat.

Posted by: dcsween | January 26, 2011 7:33 AM | Report abuse

Can't come in today ... I sprained my mullet.

Posted by: dcsween | January 26, 2011 7:16 AM

LOL...I'm thinking you just came up with a great name for a band: Sprained Mullet!

Posted by: brownwood26 | January 26, 2011 7:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | January 26, 2011 7:33 AM

Dude, you're on your own there...I'd rather have a class act that exhibits the ability to lead men and make plays out of the pocket than a clown with a rocket arm and sour attitude. As I said, not many people would want Jeff George to lead their team if they're serious about a SB so why roll the dice on a guy like Cutler?

Let's draft our own guy and "raise him up" in the system. No more renting other people's scraps.

Posted by: brownwood26 | January 26, 2011 7:40 AM | Report abuse

WR beeps

Posted by: wireman65 | January 26, 2011 7:54 AM | Report abuse

Jay Cutler's attitude and "I always look like I smell a fart" countenance coupled with Redskins' fans general angst and growing impatience and emo weenies like Mike Wise in the DC media and you have a VERY toxic situation. Not good for fans, not good for Shanahan and the Reedskins, not good for Cutler.

I don't know how it works in Chicagoland (Can you believe that people who live there really refer to the area as Chicagoland? They do.) but it seems to. Read this funny little piece about Cutler and ask yourself how it would go over in the peculiar little pressure cooker known as Redskins Park.

Jay Cutler can never be a Redskin.

Posted by: MColeman51 | January 26, 2011 7:56 AM | Report abuse

Free Agency is a reasonable approach this year, with some stellar picks on the OL available. The oproblem is the Skins always took other team's rejects in previous years and paid top dollar to do it. If they take a true free agent OL then I'm all for it. Kalil from Carolina, Mankins from New England are the top interior line picks and well worth their price. But others like Carl Nicks from New Orleans or Harvey Dahl of Atlanta are also top picks for guard. The key is picking up a center and Kalil fills that bill. But if you don't get them in Free Agency, then the draft is the only way to fix the OL. Pouncey is the best center in the draft and is way ahead of Wisniewski, although I'll let the Rimington Award be the deciding factor in that competition. Regardless, if you have Rabach at center for another year, an 8-8 season is the best you'll have, no matter who the QB is.

Posted by: WildBil1952 | January 26, 2011 2:51 PM | Report abuse

#4 Dalton qb TCU
#5 Kirkpatrick C TCU
#6 williams NT N Dame
#7 Torrance CB Ohio st
#7 Wujciak LB MD

FA Leshoure RB Ilinois
If you can't get Pouncey Draft Jordan DE Cal and Moffit guard Wisc he is a brawler.

Posted by: joeortega4 | January 26, 2011 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Does FA stand for free agent or fat ass..or both?

Posted by: markappraiser1 | January 27, 2011 7:14 AM | Report abuse

Would that the 'Skins could get the entire Wisconsin O-line in one fell swoop. Now there's some fantasy football!

Posted by: tmkelley | January 27, 2011 11:15 AM | Report abuse

FA's
Santonio Holmes
Plexico Burress
Deangelo Williams - is he a free agent?

Posted by: coparker5 | January 28, 2011 12:08 AM | Report abuse