Trent Williams improving, hopes to play Sunday

Left tackle Trent Williams, who is suffering from knee and toe injuries, continued to improve and hopes to practice Friday in an attempt to play against the St. Louis Rams, Coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday.

"We'll get a chance to see how he feels [Friday]," Shanahan said of the rookie, who has played well in his first two games. Williams was "much better today. He was able to jog and be on the treadmill for a while, so we'll check him out [Friday]."

With Williams sidelined Thursday, tackle Jammal Brown, who started the first two games on the right side, worked on the left side and fared well. "He looked good," offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said. "He's getting better each day, getting more comfortable with what we do and continuing to get better."

Backup tackle Stephon Heyer, who replaced Williams after Williams was hurt in Week 2, also has practiced at left tackle. "He's looked good," Kyle Shanahan said. "There's only so many linemen on each team, so he's gotten reps since he's been here - a ton of them."

The Redskins are encouraged because Williams's knee seems to have responded well this week. "I think its more the toe," Mike Shanahan said. "The knee, I think it's a little bit sore. But more the toe than the knee and that's a good sign."

Free safety Kareem Moore, who missed the first two games while recovering from knee surgery, remained on track to return to the lineup Sunday against the Rams at the Edward Jones Dome. "I'm looking forward to him playing," Mike Shanahan said. "He's been hurt for quite a long time right now.

"He did a great job through our OTAs [organized team activities] and our summer [conditioning] program. I'm hoping that he comes back and plays at a high level. He's a football player. He's got a feel for coverages and when to break. You either have it back there when you're deep or you don't. He's a playmaker."

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, inactive against Houston because of an ankle injury, participated fully in practice. "I think he's fine," Mike Shanahan said. "He had a good practice today. It didn't look like there were any setbacks. Hopefully, no setbacks tomorrow."

Wide receiver Anthony Armstrong (groin) and safety Chris Horton (ankle and groin) did not participate in practice.

By Jason Reid  | September 23, 2010; 3:57 PM ET
Categories:  Offensive line
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: London Fletcher: 'I understand' DeAngelo Hall's frustration
Next: Hard Hits Live: LaVar Arrington takes questions Friday morning

Comments

What I don't get is why RI is on twitter but doesn't tweet during the day like Keim and some of the others at the park. Some of those guys tweet as they are talking to the players/coaches.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 23, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Good news. Split him and Heyer on Sunday anyway. No need to rush him back...

Posted by: hand_of_doom | September 23, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Keim is becoming THE go-to-guy from Wed-Fri for breaking Skins news.

Posted by: elfreako | September 23, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

No doubt there is a correlation between the biggest egos in NFL belonging to both Wide Receivers and Cornerbacks.

ME-Angelo Hall?

Case in point.

How was Darrell Green so good and yet so humble?
Amazing isn't it?

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | September 23, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Good news. Split him and Heyer on Sunday anyway. No need to rush him back...

Posted by: hand_of_doom | September 23, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

I dunno about that... I wouldn't mind it if the team put Heyer in on run plays from time to time, but the idea of him being there when the team is gonna pass is scary.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 23, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Saw JReid on WaPo live last night in the background of a locker room interview. Of course, he was pimping his USC hat. At least the colors are right!

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | September 23, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

ME-Angelo Hall?

Case in point.

How was Darrell Green so good and yet so humble?
Amazing isn't it?

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | September 23, 2010 4:07 PM

I blame MTV.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 23, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Good news. Split him and Heyer on Sunday anyway. No need to rush him back...

Posted by: hand_of_doom

I agree 100%; if TW71 can go, keep his snaps down in a rotation. We NEED him long term, and don't need a setback this week.
Can DD66 play any LT?
Anyone know?

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | September 23, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

The grammar is my moco education

N I post from my phone while at work

All grammar nazis can help with my english homework

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 23, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

I hope he plays Sunday.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 23, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 23, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Hold him out or limit his reps

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 23, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Hold him out or limit his reps

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 23, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

All grammar nazis can help with my english homework

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 23, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

I'm minoring in English, so by default I am a grammar Nazi.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 23, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

N I post from my phone while at work

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 23, 2010 4:13 PM

Nice...thats hardcore brandon.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 23, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

This game will be known as the jones dome massacre.

84-24 redskins all points attributed to Brandon banks and Kareem Moore, for both teams

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 23, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 23, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse
__________________________________________

I've often wondered the same thing. It seems like whoever runs the redskins insider twitter account (jreid, i'm assuming) doesn't really know how to effectively use twitter, because 95% of the content they put up there are just links to blog posts. Borrrrring

In my opinion, this sort of comes back to the whole issue of jreid not really being into the whole idea of blogging. There is no interaction with his commenters, and that is part of running a successful blog.

Perhaps they should change the name of the blog to "Half-baked Redskins articles"?

Posted by: --swb | September 23, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

This game will be known as the jones dome massacre.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 23, 2010 4:22 PM

So good to see that you have come around pabrian...

Posted by: PlayAction | September 23, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait to see Kareem play. Coaches and LL have been wayy hyping him, we'll see.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 23, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Over/Under for numer of times Bradford is sacked: I'm putting it at 4.5

Over/Under for number of interceptions: I'm putting it at 1.5

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 23, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Hold him out or limit his reps

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 23, 2010 4:18 PM

I wish Cindy were here to run one of those polls:

How many plays should Trent Williams play on Sunday?

1. 2-14
2. 15-26
3. As many as he wants
4. How do I know? I'm not a doctor.

Best way to decide this is always with these online polls.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 23, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Who is Keim? whats his twitter because we all know wapo insider is last to any story

Posted by: zjenks | September 23, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Wow! According to the "roster" section of the new Redskins Insider application for my iphone, we have DeAngelo Williams on our team! They have a picture of him in a skins uniform too! Is there a trade we don't know about? I think they meant to put Keilland in there and screwed up....oh well....

Posted by: SkinsFanInNYC | September 23, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Best way to decide this is always with these online polls.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 23, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

The coaches should do online polls during games:

Should the next play be
1. Handoff to Portis
2. Reverse to Moss
3. Play-Action to Davis
4. Long bomb to Galloway

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 23, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

playaction

right

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Best way to decide this is always with these online polls.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 23, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

The coaches should do online polls during games:

Should the next play be
1. Handoff to Portis
2. Reverse to Moss
3. Play-Action to Davis
4. Long bomb to Galloway

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 23, 2010 4:47 PM

You left out:
5. Swinging Gate

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 23, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

If Trent W. isn't 100% this Sunday then save
him for next week for the Philly division match
up. No sense causing further injury when the
more important game is the following week in our Division. Besides, let's see if someone else can step in during a real emergency.

Posted by: DeployedFan | September 23, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: --swb

I say we should call it The View, since it's mostly just yammer and gossip.

And the reason Reid doesn't Tweet is because his thumbs are too fat.

Posted by: NYPDee | September 23, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather see Williams out there with a brace on than Heyer 100% healthy and rested, if you know what I mean...

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:17 PM | Report abuse

If you save Williams and play Heyer, you get McNabb killed, and that's worse. Gotta suit up your best players and let 'em play.

Wish we had better depth at OT to make this a little easier. Glad we didn't burn more draft picks going after VJAX with this O line .

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Keep T Williams active if he can go but only play him second half if we can't get the offense going - we absolutely need this NFC game.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | September 23, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Wish we had better depth at OT to make this a little easier. Glad we didn't burn more draft picks going after VJAX with this O line.

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

weird double post. got an error message saying it didn't go through.

hmmm....

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

How was Darrell Green so good and yet so humble?

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | September 23, 2010 4:07 PM

I love DGreen, but "humble" probably isn't the right word. He knew he was the best, and he'd tell you so if you asked him. He just didn't go out of his way to draw attention to himself.

He had an ego for sure, but he was classy about it.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 23, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

weird double post. got an error message saying it didn't go through.

hmmm....

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:32 PM
----------

Happened to me yesterday too. Probably has something to do with all of hessone's post somehow relating to me.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 23, 2010 5:44 PM | Report abuse

weird double post. got an error message saying it didn't go through.

hmmm....

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:32 PM
----------

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 23, 2010 5:44 PM

So...I should have used a plunger?

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Think brown would be playing LT rather than heyer, so thats not too bad since heyer is decent at RT.

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Don't let it bother you, edvar.

Carlos Rogers says you can't defend against a double post.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 23, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

the rams will be agood team to get our running game going on. also let us look at some of those yonger running backs.i don`t think CP can do it by himself.

Posted by: junebug55 | September 23, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 5:54 PM |

A decent RT? When? You mean with a blocking TE lined up next to him and Portis supporting?

....and thanks Freak, that was perfect.

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Too risky to depend on Heyer to protect McNabb just before the Philly game. Silverback on one leg is better than Heyer on two.

Posted by: coparker5 | September 23, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Keim is becoming THE go-to-guy from Wed-Fri for breaking Skins news.

Posted by: elfreako | September 23, 2010 4:07 PM

Compared to this outfit, Keim is the go-to guy from Sunday thru Saturday for Skins news and analysis...I mean, dude breaks everything down in detail for the Examiner while the Post is giving a steady stream of AH non-update updates and team circulated workout videos with kids. It really is laughable...

As for TWill...this is the Rams. If we can't beat the Rams down one lineman, we've got no business believing we're a competitive football team. At the most I'd get him out there on a part time basis, but it's crazy to risk further injury to the kid against St. friggin' Louis when we've got the Eagles (Trent Cole), Packers (Clay Matthews), and Colts (Dwight Freeney) on deck the next 3 weeks. Put Heyer out there against those guys and McNabb would have a legit case against the Redskins for attempted murder...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 23, 2010 6:23 PM | Report abuse

....and thanks Freak, that was perfect.

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Jeez sorry guy, just what I thought and read about...

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Since they say Brandon Banks is so fast, why not have him on STs rushing from the ends to block punts or field goals?

Posted by: Sulphide1 | September 23, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Wow...just caught up on some of the previous threads and noticed that WaPo is back to posted another assinine "stats" analysis. Love how they're trotting out offseason horsesh*t SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON. UFB...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 23, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

Jeez sorry guy, just what I thought and read about...

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 6:28 PM |

I was referring to freakzilla's quote from Carlos. Wasn't calling you names...

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

I love CP's pass blocking.

I loved the first episode of Boardwalk Empire, can't wait for this Sunday's episode after a full day of NFL action.

I also won't love to see what's his name in another sex scene. (Dude needs to get some sun and pump a little iron)

What is wrong with Portis and his stumbling and losing balance? If he could have kept his feet on one run I know he could have got at least 10 more yards, who knows, maybe scored. I like him around the goaline though he knows which holes to hit and has a nose for the endzone unlike Sellers who even with his size sucks at the goaline. Why is he always leaping?
If the big galoof would keep his feet on the ground he might could score around the goaline.

Who does he think he is? Sam "Bam" Cunningham? (showing my age now)

I hope we beat the crap out of the Rams, the last 2 games about gave me a heart attack.

Boardwalk Empire has already been renewed for a second season after one episode.

HTTR!

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 23, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 23, 2010 6:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sulphide1 | September 23, 2010 6:43 PM

Because dude is so short he'd need a trampoline just to be able to jump up and reach the punter/kicker's knees, let alone reach the ball in flight. Can't have props on the field...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 23, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Jeez sorry guy, just what I thought and read about...

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 6:28 PM |

I was referring to freakzilla's quote from Carlos. Wasn't calling you names...

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

Gotcha :)HTTR

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 72Redskins:

Appears that Portis has reached the stage of his career when his mind knows how to hit the hole but his body won't respond. I hope Williams is ready for additional snaps soon!

Posted by: Spanglerg | September 23, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

wow - are the Skins really *last* in the league in overall defense??

Posted by: byThorbyOdin | September 23, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

wow - are the Skins really *last* in the league in overall defense??

Posted by: byThorbyOdin | September 23, 2010 7:38 PM

I think they're 31st...I'd be a bit shocked if they're somehow behind Houston (Texans gave up 400+ passing yards in both games this year).

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 23, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sulphide1 | September 23, 2010 6:43 PM

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 23, 2010 6:56 PM

Took me a while to recover... lol

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 23, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 23, 2010 7:54 PM

Well you just got 120 volts, old friend. Redskins are last (453 yards per game). Houston is 31 (442 yards per game). Our defense sucks.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 23, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Can't have props on the field...

good one brown

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: edvar | September 23, 2010 5:17 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather see Williams hopping on one foot than Heyer 1000%. If Silverback is down, Brown to LT and Portis to RT (if Portis is out, then I guess there's little choice other than Heyer).

Where's Levi Jones again? Thought he did a pretty good job for us last season. Maybe it's because he won't take backup pay, but that would be better than no pay.

Posted by: HTTR | September 23, 2010 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Here's to hoping that TWilliams is a quick healer ! Get BBanks and CSimpson in at the same time and have them run post ! Have CP throw a HB pass for a TD and for the last play, have DMcNabb take a knee !

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Watching Darrell Green at #75 of top 100 players of all time on NFL network.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 23, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

total offense is ranked #12

total defense is ranked #32

I know we need to improve, I just hope the Skins don't look past the Rams this Sunday thinking about the Eagles.

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Look, if they lose to St. Louis, this team is probably facing 1-6 or 2-5 through 7 games. Schemes on both offense or defense will take time, and since not all the current players fit those schemes, the struggle will continue. I've always contended that 8-8 would be a great record this year. Somehow the coaches need to be a little flexible in trying to match the current player skills to some form of 'modified' schemes. I mean, why can't Haslett play a 4-3 scheme 8-10 times a game, so ACarter and #92 and Orakpo get their hands in the dirt and play to their strengths??? If not, then expect HUGE turnover this year as Shanahan gets those players that match what he wants to do. If I were #5? I wouldn't sign any contract past this year, as he'll have a chance to go to at least 1/2 a dozen teams next year that have a better chance for success than my Redskins. I'm seeing a mismatched trend this year where Shanahan seems to be trying to build for near-term success, but the schemes and players aren't aligned for that.

-----------

from the comments section of the recent WaPo article on the Redskins.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 23, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Wonder when are we going to see Brandon Banks get some action?

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 23, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

and I'm wondering the same thing.

Not sure if he's earned the trust of the coaches, but how else will that happen if you don't put him in the game?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 23, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Hey Chia, how are you posting if I'm posting too. We're the same person, right?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 23, 2010 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Watching Darrell Green at #75 of top 100 players of all time on NFL network.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 23, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Been watching the same. Never realized J.Ogden was that elite. Wish our silverback will do the same!

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Hey Chia, how are you posting if I'm posting too. We're the same person, right?

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Our defense sucks.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 23, 2010 8:08 PM |

1. They played two of the better O teams in the league.
2. It's only two games.
3. They are learining new schemes.
4. There are injuries to key players.

Don't be so feckin judgemental.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

How was Darrell Green so good and yet so humble?
Amazing isn't it?

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | September 23, 2010 4:07 PM

Easy silly. Even though people don't wanna hear it and will try to find other reasons, his humble personality is a direct reflection of his faith. I've met him and he'll be the first person to tell you that.

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Hey Chia, how are you posting if I'm posting too. We're the same person, right?

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:05 PM |

It's called toggling between browsers.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

No way the Skins drop this one to the Rams, even without Trent. Sam Bradford will pay for all that free lunch with D.Snyder on Sunday when the tax collector Bryan Orakpo bury him vertically.

Posted by: abxinc | September 23, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

It's called toggling between browsers.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:09 PM

Actually that doesn't work. The Washington Post reads your computer id number, so it doesn't matter how many browsers you have open, only one computer id number can post at a time.

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:14 PM | Report abuse

WTF is the deal with the stink bugs. They're taking over..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

It's called toggling between browsers.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:09 PM

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:14 PM

You would have to use multiple computers to pull off some of the miracles Chia_Pet has been hailed of accomplishing. And if he has that many computers than Chia is living well.

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:14 PM |

Hey, that's what I said and noonefromtampa posted that RI reads your browser id not your machine id.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

WTF is the deal with the stink bugs. They're taking over..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 9:17 PM

That actually makes sense considering how often you're here.

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Our defense sucks.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 23, 2010 8:08 PM |

1. They played two of the better O teams in the league.
2. It's only two games.
3. They are learining new schemes.
4. There are injuries to key players.

Don't be so feckin judgemental.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:06 PM
------------------------------------------
Today, statistically, they do suck. You can't be ranked 31st in team defense and deny your suckability. I agree they will improve and the Rams are a great team to improve against.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 23, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:19 PM

haha

I guess there is only one way to find out.

You first

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

WTF is the deal with the stink bugs. They're taking over..

Hearing you loud and clear !

The brown marmorated stink bug (BMSB), an insect not previously seen on our continent, was apparently accidentally introduced into eastern Pennsylvania.

Hope this helps ya out !

Management For BMSB In Homes

Before Bugs Enter a Building:

Mechanical exclusion is the best method to keep stink bugs from entering homes and buildings. Cracks around windows, doors, siding, utility pipes, behind chimneys, and underneath the wood fascia and other openings should be sealed with good quality silicone or silicone-latex caulk. Damaged screens on doors and windows should be repaired or replaced.

Exterior applications of insecticides may offer some minor relief from infestations where the task of completely sealing the exterior is difficult or impossible. Applications should consist of a synthetic pyrethroid (i.e. deltamethrin, cyfluthrin, lambda-cyhalothrin, cypermethrin, sumithrin or tralomethrin) and should be applied by a licensed pest control operator in the fall just prior to bug congregation. Unfortunately, because insecticides are broken down by sunlight, the residual effect of the material will be greatly decreased and may not kill the insects much beyond several days or a week.

After Stink Bugs Have Entered the Structure:

If numerous bugs are entering the living areas of the home, attempt to locate the openings where the insects gain access. Typically, stink bugs will emerge from cracks under or behind baseboards, around window and door trim, and around exhaust fans or lights in ceilings. Seal these openings with caulk or other suitable materials to prevent the insects from crawling out. Both live and dead stink bugs can be removed from interior areas with the aid of a vacuum cleaner - however, the vacuum may acquire the smell of stink bugs for a period of time.

It is not advisable to use an insecticide inside after the insects have gained access to the wall voids or attic areas. Although insecticidal dust treatments to these voids may kill hundreds of bugs, there is the possibility that carpet beetles will feed on the dead stink bugs and subsequently attack woolens, stored dry goods or other natural products in the home. Although aerosol-type pyrethrum foggers will kill stink bugs that have amassed on ceilings and walls in living areas, it will not prevent more of the insects from emerging shortly after the room is aerated. For this reason use of these materials is not considered a good solution to long-term management of the problem. Spray insecticides, directed into cracks and crevices, will not prevent the bugs from emerging and is not a viable or recommended treatment.

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 23, 2010 9:20 PM |

So if Pujols goes 0 for 8 over two games his suckability as a hitter cannot be denied? Here's another thing that can't be denied - your suckability as a blogger.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Chia_Pet-I feel your plight because out of the blue one day I was posting and I was accused of being you. Everytime you say he doesn't realize how wrong he is, I grin knowing the truth as you do that ignorance is bliss.

Posted by: MimiAnsari | September 23, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Statistically they were top 10 last season, and that got 4-12? I am not worried they will gell and get better with more time. The new staff has a plan and my cup is half full...

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Sorry RSH, our defense is ranked #32, dead last, not that it makes that much difference. Gotta hate being last though.

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Jesus. The Yankers are getting gobsmacked by the Razors.

Posted by: LittleGreenBag | September 23, 2010 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, I mean on defense BTW on top 10 last season

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 23, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

stepped on a pop top

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 9:46 PM | Report abuse

stepped on a pop top

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 9:46 PM

Blew out my flip flop

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 23, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Total yards allowed is what they use to rank defenses.

The only stat that counts is Points Allowed and TO margin.

The Skins are ranked 16th (18.5) in Points allowed and 6th (+2) in TO margin.

And btw, it's only week 2.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Jammal Brown looked good working at left tackle today." - Kyle Shanahan

Rich_Campbell tweet

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

The only stat that counts is Points Allowed and TO margin.

The Skins are ranked 16th (18.5) in Points allowed and 6th (+2) in TO margin.

And btw, it's only week 2.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 9:50 PM

Well, if you wanna get all technical, the only stat that counts is W-L: 1-1.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 23, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Wonder when are we going to see Brandon Banks get some action?

Posted by: 72Redskins

Don't hold your breath. Banks is more likely to get cut than see any significant action with the redskins.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 23, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Hess, while it's statistically true that the the D is dead last, this isn't a sprint it's a marathon. 2 rough game against good offenses does not a season make. Ya gotta admit, the D isn't bad, they'll get better and better as they gel. Just hope the offense can keep up in the meantime. Week 16 and we'll be planning D schemes for the playoffs. HAIL!

Posted by: HTTR | September 23, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Well, if you wanna get all technical, the only stat that counts is W-L: 1-1.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 23, 2010 9:53 PM

Not really a stat but the only thing that matters.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Wonder when are we going to see Brandon Banks get some action?

Posted by: 72Redskins

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 23, 2010 9:56 PM |

We need special teams players now, he might see the field.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 23, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

While we're comparing stats.

Last yr the skins ranked 27th in rushing. Even with the upgrade at LT, it's probably not a big surprise that we're struggling this year. Especially since the stretch play was a catastrophe last year with Zorn and that's the staple of KS's run game.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

This is Christopher Walken everyone;

I need more Albert Haynesworth, more A.H.

I got a fever, and the only cure is more A.H.

Posted by: wizard5 | September 23, 2010 10:11 PM | Report abuse

Week 16 and we'll be planning D schemes for the playoffs. HAIL!

Posted by: HTTR | September 23, 2010 10:01 PM |

Yes, HTTR

Posted by: hessone | September 23, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Wonder when are we going to see Brandon Banks get some action?

Posted by: 72Redskins

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 23, 2010 9:56 PM |

We need special teams players now, he might see the field.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 23, 2010 10:07 PM

If AA can't go this weekend, Banks might be active...although not sure how much playing time he will get.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 23, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 23, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, learned.

Posted by: boothintexas | September 23, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Hey Brandon, did you go to BCC?

Posted by: egoodman8 | September 23, 2010 10:33 PM | Report abuse

dead in here tonight...
(chirp chirp)

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 23, 2010 11:10 PM | Report abuse

so we're thinking, JBrown @ LT, Heyer @ RT, TWill in the rotation (questionable) for the Rams. what's the Rams' pass rush look like?

after the last two seasons, i f***ing hate it when the 'Skins play the Rams.

this will be a good game to see if the FO missed the boat on O.J. Atogwe.

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 23, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

this will be a good game to see if the FO missed the boat on O.J. Atogwe.

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 23, 2010 11:23 PM

OJ wasn't a FA. He also signed a 5 yr $32 mil contract with the Rams.

It's never easy with the Skins. I see our D making a late stop and winning 27-21.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

i thought Atogwe was on the market for a while before he re-signed. on first glance, a contract that size seems too big, and i always thought KMoore is the answer for a ball-hawking free safety. question is, can he stay healthy?

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 23, 2010 11:39 PM | Report abuse

Although I'm certainly happy to see Kareem Moore back in the lineup I'm not sure how much difference he's going to make. I was pretty high on him when we drafted him but I think with a subpar NT and OLB (Carter) ther are too many holes for him to make a huge difference. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 23, 2010 11:59 PM | Report abuse

scampbell, think if KMoore had been the deep safety on the 4th-and-10 TD pass to AJohnson. Moore's probably going to make a play on the ball. RDoughty, God bless 'im, was toast as soon as Buchanon passed Johnson off.

so yeah, i think he'll make a significant difference, assuming once again that he stays off the injured list.

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 24, 2010 12:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 24, 2010 12:07 AM |

I agree that Moore had a much better shot at defending that pass but I think our problems are more along the line of a couple subpar and misplaced players and growing pains. It'll work itself out eventually.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2010 12:14 AM | Report abuse

t3- I was remarkably calm after the play. It was almost like a fore gone conclusion when I watched the play develop.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 24, 2010 12:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2010 12:14 AM

i wonder why Haslett's not playing any 4-3 at all. i think someone said it earlier, just 10 or so defensive snaps (passing downs) with Carter at DE and AH at tackle would maximize those two.

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 24, 2010 12:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2010 12:14 AM

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 24, 2010 12:19 AM |

I'm pretty sure he said he was going to play both. I haven't paid enough attention to notice if he'd used a 4-3 at all.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2010 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 24, 2010 12:19 AM

calm, huh? can't say calm was my reaction, that's for sure. man, i like RD a lot at back-up SS and i've heard he's a great person, but i called him every name in the book after that.

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 24, 2010 12:24 AM | Report abuse

cut my heal, had to cruiseon back home...

I say it's time to get over this Zorn hangover. we will beat the rams, SHANford and SON will not start Trent unless he's healthy enough to go full speed. you don't want him cold before he takes on the iggles. as a team we get over 147 yds on thye ground with (in greasemans voice) Clinton getting 89 himself. thye offense is ranked 12th but will be 9th after sunday.. book it, cook it slap it up flip it rub it down....us 30 them 17.. Samson simpson I stand by me word 10-6 or bust

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 24, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2010 12:21 AM

i'm probably wrong, but i don't think the 4-3's even been in for a down so far.

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 24, 2010 12:31 AM | Report abuse

there's no hybrid in our hybrid defense.

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 24, 2010 12:37 AM | Report abuse

I say it's time to get over this Zorn hangover.

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 24, 2010 12:28 AM

that's impossible with the position i'm in. unless they're playing the 'Skins, i back the Ravens too. that "stay medium" a**hole's over there ruining another quarterback. between Zorn coaching down Flacco and Cam Cameron calling the plays, the Ravens are going to have a harder time than some people think.

Posted by: terrapin3 | September 24, 2010 12:43 AM | Report abuse

Reason for me not going apesh!t. The best WR in the NFL some how because of the scheme (although Haslett said Buchanan was suppose to stay with him) went one on one against a marginal NFL player on the most pivotal play of the game.

That should never happen.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 24, 2010 12:53 AM | Report abuse

Just was watching NFL Network and they were focusing on Kevin Walter and he had several big gains against DHall....

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 24, 2010 12:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: HokiesSkins

Like I've said 10x on this football illiterate blog.

DHall was on the field when Schaub threw for FIVE HUNDRED YARDS. He needs to STFU and cover his man before he opens his mouth about other guys on HIS own team.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 24, 2010 1:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 24, 2010 12:54 AM

I read an article that said the gains were against rogers.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 24, 2010 1:06 AM | Report abuse

scamp- so was Dhall on the field or not when Schaub threw for 500 hundy?

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 24, 2010 1:15 AM | Report abuse

we're 32nd in defense? Looking at points against, we 15th. Plus, our defense has scored a TD. Plus our defense has played 1 good offense and 1 excellent offense.

Our defense is going to give up big plays -- and its also designed to make big plays. High risk, high reward. Schaub and Peyton will have our defense for lunch, because they can read a defense and they don't get rattled. Bradford ... another story.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 24, 2010 1:19 AM | Report abuse

OJ wasn't a FA. He also signed a 5 yr $32 mil contract with the Rams.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 23, 2010 11:31 PM

Actually, yes he was...they franchised him and later released him. He was on the market for awhile and nobody bit because he's coming off of what I think was a hip injury. So he went back to the Rams at what shakes out to a reduced rate (it's one of those dummy "show me" contracts), nothing near the $7 million he would have gotten under the franchise tag.

A lot up here wanted to pass on him, but I thought we should have made a run at him if the price was right. I don't think it would have been a bad more for the Skins to get him here for what the Rams ultimately signed him to...but what's done is done, I guess...

Darrell Green ranked 75th in the top 100 is laughable...dude should have been way higher on that list. I still can't believe those idiots put Michael Irvin on the list...Cowboy bias at its absolute worst...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 24, 2010 5:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 24, 2010 5:23 AM

Didn't he play for Haslett in St. Louis? Don't you think that the 'Skins would have gotten him if Haslett thought he was worth the money?

Posted by: beep-beep | September 24, 2010 5:50 AM | Report abuse

Safeties aren't worth franchise money except in the special cases of an Ed Reed or Rod Woodson.

The Redskins took Landry #1 because he had the rare combination of size at 220 and speed at sub 4.4.

But for most teams, and most WINNING teams, you get safeties in the middle rounds or as mid-tier veteran free agents.

Posted by: RoyHobbs4 | September 24, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse