Kendall Hopes to Remain a Redskin

Pete Kendall, a veteran guard, said he hopes to be back with the Redskins as he approaches unrestricted free agency in March. Kendall, 34, has a history of arthiritic knees but has been a solid starter for the Redskins since being acquired from the Jets in 2007.

Kendall's knees at times have made him wonder how long he wants to play, but he said he has no intentions of retiiring after the season.

"My plan is to keep playing and my hope is that it's here," Kendall said. If the Redskins want to get younger on the line - many believe it is a pressing need - then Kendall said he will chose his next team based on the ability to play regularly. He does not want to be a reserve.

"My hope would be to go somewhere and play," Kendall said. "I fee like I can still [contribute]."

By Jason La Canfora  |  December 17, 2008; 12:54 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Samuels Faces 'Long Hard Recovery'
Next: The Practice Report

Comments

we want to get younger on the line, problem is we only have 4 draft picks so some vets are going to have to contribute

Posted by: mopp04 | December 17, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I think Kendall might have been the Skins' best overall lineman this year. He's small, but he's a tremendous technician. He's well worth bringing back.

Posted by: jesuisunpizza | December 17, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

No thanks.

Stick Chad in there these last 2 games and baptism by fire. If he doesnt work, then we draft LG.

Posted by: Rypien11 | December 17, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Sorry I'm just getting to this...a column from Jason Whitlock out of KC on the demise of Carl Peterson...

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 17, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Kendall has played hard but the team needs to get younger on the line.

Posted by: Original_etrod | December 17, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Would Kendall be a better center than Rabach? If so, I'd vote to jettison CR and keep Kendall.

Posted by: psps23 | December 17, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

If Chad isn't good enough to start next year, we are screwed. We will be lucky to get 1 starter between the draft and free agency. There isn't much out there for free agents and if we don't use the 1st rounder on OL then I expect we will see a lot of the same garbage next year.

Posted by: JasonLaTempleton | December 17, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

TWISI,

I hear ya on that one but you gotta love reading this part:
Michael Oher OT

"Uses long arms and strong hands to force rushers wide. Plays with a wide base and is very effective anchoring versus the bull rush"

"Takes solid angles and wins nearly every battle once locked on"

Flounder,

You are claiming he is 1st tackle and 2nd overall on the draft ESPN has him as the 3rd rated tackle and 20th overall. I understand ESPN is only one source and I'm not buying into the 1st thing I read. But the difference between our sources is a huge gap, someone here is way off the mark !

Posted by: dspinx | December 17, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Just my opinion, but I'm a fan, and I'm not in the business of hoping my team loses.

Posted by: psps23 | December 17, 2008 12:53 PM

Oh GOD, here we go: "I'm a fan blah, blah, blah"

Your above statement strikes me as someone who is very condescending, should it not?

psps23, it has nothing to do with WANTING the team to lose. Think of it this way: You have a teenage child. You keep wanting this teenager to get their shti together, you talk, you display PATIENCE, you have HOPE and truly BELIEVE that you child will someday piece it together. There are even times that some how, some way, your child is able to overcome these problems they face from time to time, and actually have marginal success every now and then. But for some reason they can't stay on the right path - it seems that they're constantly taking two steps forward only to take three back. After so long, you just want them to go through the hard times without your help, or benefit from dumb blind luck. You have the feeling that the "hard way" is the only way your child will learn.

This is exactly how I feel about the Washington Redskins.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

anyone notice Smoot and Randle El sitting on the glass at Caps game a few games ago? i wonder what it was like for them to see a bunch of guys work as team.

Posted by: Caps09 | December 17, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Those who wonder if Zorn was going to change anything here is your answer. As I started earlier this morning Bush as a head coach= Zorn

But yesterday on ESPN 980's Jim Zorn Show, the old, violent, medium-well JZ was back. He talked about execution (only once, but still). He was asked whether he'd revamp any of his schemes to fit personnel, and said "gosh, I don't think so." He said he might still elect to receive opening kickoffs, because "we've got to put our stuff out on the field" and because "I can't be superstitious about what bad things might happen, because in every other ounce of my confidence, I think we're gonna go down and score."

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 17, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

ryp, agree that we have to see what we have in CRhinho, but need a bigger cross section to judge him on than 2 games...

I think you have to bring him back..he's a valuble guy on the line...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 17, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, if I could get paid well to do nothing with no competition, I'd wanna be back, too.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 17, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Caps09, what's the point of you?

Posted by: mack1 | December 17, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Kendall needs to go at the end of the season.

He has contributed, has done a fine job during his time here, but the 'skins need to really, seriously, for real for real, start the youth movement.

Every year in the offseason they'll talk about it, but it never happens.

Redskins commitment to youth movement = Wizards commitment to defense

Posted by: RedDMV | December 17, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Kendall has played hard but the team needs to get younger on the line.

Posted by: Original_etrod | December 17, 2008 1:11 PM

Ideally, Kendall's replacement is already on the roster (Rinehart). When Kendall breaks, Rinehart goes in. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Right now, we have pressing EMERGENCY needs on the offensive line, esp. OT. Skins not in the "ideal" situation ... never have been the way the build and maintain a roster ... never will be with the geniuses of talent evaluation ... old time football (fan) guys at the helm using SOLID and well-proven (fantasy) football techniques.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Micheal Oher will be the first OL gone.

No way he slides to 20.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 17, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

lol @ being a Wizards fan

jeeze

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 17, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 17, 2008 1:19 PM

Same old arogant coach, this is why his play calling duties need to be taken away

what a loser, it is everybody else's fault except his

Posted by: GreatOne1 | December 17, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

As long as Kendall agreed never to catch another battled ball, he's OK by me.

Posted by: TonyBuckhead | December 17, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

"Youth movement" to start from SCRATCH on an offensive line is how QBs get killed. There needs to be SOME grown ups on the line to get the new guys through the ups and downs of a season. See Mangold's/Ferguson's rookie seasons with the Jets. Now see this season when they added quality veterans around them.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

We all know this Franchise has serious flaws that need to be addressed. The over and done gang made the playoffs twice in the last four years led by veteran QB's. TC (2 seasons in WCO) was the right fit this season w/ a team at the end of a talent cycle. JC's numbers are better this season compared to last but he's not there yet. Digressed from seeing the field and throwing to the open WR compared w/ first half of the season. Sacked less than Big Ben but doesn't win as many games. Zorn's play calling lately is another problem in that he hasn't adjusted to the other team's D adjustments. The best NFL teams draft need, starting on the lines and building out and stay competitive over time (Ozzie in Balt., etc.). Fire vinny, use the Kiper guide at the draft and try and trade down Beathard style to get picks.

Posted by: Realness1 | December 17, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

But they are saying that guy from Alabama is going to go as the 1st OT taken.

Posted by: dspinx | December 17, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

If Kendall stays, how are we gonna get younger?

Samuels and Thomas aren't going anywhere.

I doubt Rabach gets replaced this year as there aren't any top of the line centers in teh draft.

Maybe Jansen gets cut or plays backup, but I think we need to replace 2-3 guys on the line this year, and 2-3 next year.

TRADE DOWN TRADE DOWN TRADE DOWN

Posted by: Rypien11 | December 17, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Flounder,

Posted by: dspinx | December 17, 2008 1:17 PM |

Here are two sites that have him listed as top guy, i do not put much stock in ESPN.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Micheal Oher will be the first OL gone.

No way he slides to 20.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 17, 2008 1:25 PM

No way the Skins' pick isn't before the 20th.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

got no problem keeping Kendal if he's cheap. Thomas and Jansen have been terrible and Rabach has been close to terrible, Kendal and Samuels by far are our best guys, let come back for a vet min. We need to adding good young players and getting rid of the washed up old guys, not losing guys who still perform well...

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 17, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Oher is in the top 5 OT in most pre draft mocks dependeing on which juniors come out. He's a solid player based on most accounts. He's been through many difficulties which may make a difference when the chips are down. The part that said "plays with a mean streak" is something I like. From what I've been reading, I think the LB position will have the most value for the skins, However if Cody the DT from the Sooners is on the board, that would be exceptional.

Posted by: TWISI | December 17, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Stand down mack1.

you're wasting your energy with the franchise util Snyder hires a respected general manager. until you see that, you're going to waste another 10 years of your life. focus you're loyalty to the Caps, at least they figured out you have to build from within and thru the draft. they've just started a multi-year run at the stanley cup that should last at least the next 6 years. hail to the redskins but the owner is a jerk.

Posted by: Caps09 | December 17, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

lol @ being a Wizards fan

jeeze

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 17, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Lol no doubt, a team that for the last couple years competed but always crapped the bed when it counted. Like the NBA's version of the the Bulldogs.

Posted by: Gweez | December 17, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2008 1:27 PM |

QB is getting killed anyway, he has been sacked 34 times this year. Go young and stop being scared to play yuong guys. the veterans are not getting it done.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

I can't go on those websites at the moment ( ! ) but I'll take your word. So what O-Lineman are looking to be available in the mid 1st round if Oher is gone by then ?

Posted by: dspinx | December 17, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

If Kendall stays, how are we gonna get younger?

Samuels and Thomas aren't going anywhere. ...

Posted by: Rypien11 | December 17, 2008 1:28 PM

Given what happened to Thomas last season and what JUST happened to Samuels, I see two spots (plus Jansen's ... so make that three) where the Skins need to PREPARE to get younger. The Skins are PREPARED to get younger at either (but not both) Kendall's or Thomas' spots. For as long as those guys are getting the job done, they should remain the starters.

See, in successful NFL teams, guys rise from depth to become starters due to injury. On less successful teams, the depth doesn't get the job done and the team's performance craters when one of the starters gets hurt.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

What picks do we have? 1, 3, 5, and 6?

Posted by: LiberalMike | December 17, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Vinny's show is back Friday, i hope someone asks him why he is hanging his coach out to dry. Letting Zorn take the blame for this pathetic roster is a joke.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:33 PM

Good call Flounder! I would rather see the Skins lose with players that are young and hungry that continue what I have seen this year. Start taking chances on the young players.

Posted by: Curzon417 | December 17, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Id like to defend Rabach for a minute, he has been good since he has gotten hear, the real problem is that zorn is hanging him out to dry. all the games where he has looked bad have been against 3-4 defenses where he is left to block the nose tackle one on one, there is a reason every team in the leauge doubles the nose tackle, because of their size.

Zorn is like spurier he dosent take that into consideration, like not giving geisenger help against suggs, he believes that his scheme is suppose to work and that the players should just execute.

so let me ask everyone a question, who here believes that geisenger can block suggs one on one with no help?

Posted by: GreatOne1 | December 17, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

... Kendal and Samuels by far are our best guys, let come back for a vet min. ...

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 17, 2008 1:31 PM

Best guys. Vet min. This is called the "Ryan Clark Strategy."

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

If Zorn stays, there wouldn't be a thing in the world wrong with bringing in Henning with a mandate to Zorn that Henning calls the plays.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 17, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, just catching back up. Dan Henning's best buddy is Bill Parcells. I don't think he needs the money or the grief to come to the Skins at this point in his life.

Posted by: Redcoat | December 17, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Sween - you are right about preparing, but Samuels and Thomas have such huge contracts for the next 4-5 years, I think they'll likely be starters unless their legs fall off.

I think Jansen should be replaced THIS YEAR, and heyer should start backing up Samuels to see if he is the long term answer at LT.

Kendall should be replaced with Rhino or a draft pick.

Rabach should be replaced this year or next with a draft pick/FA.

Posted by: Rypien11 | December 17, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dspinx | December 17, 2008 1:36 PM

OT, Eugene Monroe, Virginia Monroe (6' 5" 315 lbs) has great feet, but doesn't stay on his blocks as long as Michael Oher or Jason Smith.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

yup, time to air it out, time for Kelly, Thomas, and Davis to get more than 1 touch per game, time to stick Rhinhardt in the starting lineup, along with Kareem Moore, and Tryon. Get them some experience.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 17, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Kendell is a beast. The strongest person on the line this year.

He can come back next year, but only with an open competition promise and nothing else.

He can be our new Ray Brown....

Posted by: DaReal4th | December 17, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

OT, Jason Smith, Baylor Smith is a super talented offensive lineman and can move in and start right away at left tackle. Smith has the best feet of all the O-linemen in this draft

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

zorns scheme is based on one on one match ups and that in good in theory but when you have a 280 pound guy trying to block and 350 pound guy the bigger guy is usually going to win.

Zorn also does not believe in taking advatange of personell mathups, if the other team has a weak link or injury he does not go after that position.

Posted by: GreatOne1 | December 17, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I think we should consider trading back to get multiple picks in the second round. No stars, but you can find starting-quality linemen in that round (especially interior guys). As nice as a stud first-round O-tackle or D-end would be, I'd rather get two or three young quality starters.

Posted by: LiberalMike | December 17, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Interesting strategy Cap clown. Insult a team and its fans in hopes of getting them to support your team. Now please excuse me while I jam my Rod Langway growth poster into a shredder.

Posted by: mack1 | December 17, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

From the Times, fletch is pissed...look out westbrook/Mcnabb:

"I don't know if it was because I wasn't a first-round draft pick, I don't do some kind of dance when I make a 10-yard tackle, I don't go out and get arrested. I believe in playing the game the way it's supposed to be played. You line up each and every week, each and every play and you go out and get the job done. You look at my body of work and I've done that for 11 years. But because I'm not going out causing a lot of controversy, holding a private meeting with the coordinator saying this, this and this, causing a lot of strife on my team, I don't garner a lot of attention. But when you turn the film on each and every week, each and every play, I'm gonna show up. That's what I do. My career has been Hall of Fame worthy. But some coaches and some players get caught up in the hype readin the newspapers or listening to some national TV game as opposed to watching the game with no sound. It's some BS. I put myself up against anybody playing the position, anybody.

"To have it happen, year after year after year after year, you can't tell me ... an 8-time alternate, c'mon man. That's a trivia question. I'm the Susan Lucci of the NFL. And look at the injury situation, I played with a sprained foot [the past three weeks]. There's a lot of guys that play injured in the National Football League, but there's a lot of guys who would cancel Christmas, so to speak, when they got hurt, meaning they would throw in the towel, 'I'm done. I'm not going to play until I'm completely healthy.'"

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 17, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LiberalMike | December 17, 2008 1:43 PM |

I agree but it takes two to tango.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

"Oh GOD, here we go: "I'm a fan blah, blah, blah"

This is exactly how I feel about the Washington Redskins.

Posted by: RedDMV"

RedDMV,

I understand the principles behind the hoping the team loses.

However, my actual HOPE is that Jim Zorn's offense shows progress. That Jason Campbell shows that he can pick apart an aggressive Philly defense. That Stephon Heyer shows that he can pass protect against elite pass-rushers and blitzers, that Carlos Rogers regains his early season form, that Laron Landry becomes more aggressive, and that Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and Fred Davis show that they can be big-time players in this league.

Again, I'm not in the business of hoping my team loses.

Posted by: psps23 | December 17, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Zorn is going to drive me to drinking! He needs to learn to change his scheme to the personnel he has. Many blame the rookies for not contributing, I am on the blame Zorn bandwagon at this point. He needs to adapt or will leave here as Spurier 2.0.

JIM ZORN: “I’M PROBABLY NOT THE WORST COACH”
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 17, 2008, 1:04 p.m. EST

Washington Redskins coach Jim Zorn raised some eyebrows this week when he said of the way his team is playing lately, “I feel like the worst coach in America.”

But after taking some time to reflect, Zorn has come to the conclusion that there’s most likely some other coach in this country who is worse than him.
“It’s not a confidence thing, hopefully it’s a smart thing,” Zorn said in a radio appearance, per Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post, “and that’s why I’m probably not the worst coach in America.”

In the same radio appearance, Zorn tried to claim that the presence of a lot of Redskins in the Pro Bowl is evidence that the offense is playing well, conveniently overlooking that the Redskins effectively stuffed the Pro Bowl ballot box with their efforts to get fans to vote for players on the Redskins.

Posted by: Curzon417 | December 17, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

If Snyder is willing to hire a REAL GM, then we should go ahead and blow this thing up right now. The only reason we were any good the past few years is because Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach in NFL history.
2 year plan to return to respectability:

1- Get REAL GM
2- Fire Zorn, Hire Grimm
3- Cut everybody on the starting O-line except maybe Rabach
4- Cut everybody on the starting D-line except Montgomery/Golston
5- Anyone you can't cut, trade for late round draft picks
6- Draft only O-line with this year's draft picks
7- Draft only D-line with next year's draft picks
8- Pick up a reliable possession receiver in free agency
9- ah, what the F am I doing? none of this will never happen because Step 1 will never happen. Screw it: just stay the course and keep losing with a tired old team with star players well past their prime. Been that way here since 2000, will be that way here until Snyder is ousted or dies.

Posted by: jgarrisn | December 17, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 17, 2008 1:19 PM

You must be my 20 pound heavier Muslim twin......

I was saying the exact same thing last week. Zorn = Bush, no doubt!

Never admits a mistake. It's better to get rid of him now than later.....

Posted by: DaReal4th | December 17, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

curz,

This guy is starting to turn me against him, you score 10 points a game your offense sucks.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

4th, you asked what the Eagles have done since TO left town?

The quick answer is two playoffs games;

one win in the 2006 wild card game
one 27-24 loss in the 2006 divisional game

With Jeff Garcia as their QB after McNabb was injured.

Then 8-8 last year. So even in the 2-3 period since TO, their record is better than the Skins.

Posted by: Redcoat | December 17, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

jm, on sunday you posted and then signed it, "jm330". I thought either you went on an AMAZING TWINKIE Binge...or you had REALLY BULKED UP lately.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 17, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

"Kendell is a beast. The strongest person on the line this year.

He can be our new Ray Brown....

Posted by: DaReal4th"

Also, believe it or not he is a Whopper Virgin!

Posted by: Masonman | December 17, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, and the 2006 NFC East title. SO I guess it didn't all go when TO left town.

Posted by: Redcoat | December 17, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

3 years from now, the OL will likely have turned over completely. You can't do this all at once, unless you're good with being 3-13 and needing 5 QBs to get you thru the season.

So the question is: who goes when? You need to make minimum of 1 or max of 2 changes a year for the next 3 years. The question of who goes and who stays is about 2 factors. First, which guys are playing well enough to get you another year? Second, who do we have as a replacement?

The second question doesn't get answered until after the draft and free agency.

Samuels is the ONLY guy I know I want back for next year. Jansen is the ONLY guy I know needs to go. Randy Thomas as a Pro Bowl alternate? I didn't see it. Rabach got torched against the better defenses. Kendall? Don't know.

Obviously the cap plays into all this, but the OL rebuild is issue #1.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Kendall has been one of the Skins best offensive linemen this year. I'm not sure if that's saying much -- although the pass blocking difficulties are directly proportional to the tackle injuries. Lower production from Samuels and Jansen made the guards look worse than they are... However, the injuries will be a factor on the line if the Skins do not get younger. The older players who have been breaking down the last two years need to be replaced. Kendall is an excellent guard, but the risk of injury will be even greater as he approaches 34-36...

I think the Skins should let Kendall go if he's not willing to be a backup and use Jansen in the backup G/T role (similar to how they've been using Fabini). They should draft or find free agents for the starting LG and RT positions + dependable backups at G, C, and T who can also play on special teams.

Posted by: siris | December 17, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 17, 2008 1:37 PM

What is pathetic about this roster?

I think too much blame has been put on the line as a whole instead of focusing on the exact issues within the line.

Outside rush has been killing us all year. Sameuls and Thomas have played through their injuries instead of taking a few games off to fully heal. And Jansen should never had started once Heyer was healthy, BUT THAT WAS ZORN;S FAULT NOT VINNY.........

Posted by: DaReal4th | December 17, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Vinny Cerrato typically does not take phone calls on Friday's show.

beep beep

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 17, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DaReal4th | December 17, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't that have been Buges' call? Or do you think Zorn would just overrule him on line matters?

Posted by: Redcoat | December 17, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

dspinx

The top OT to date are

Andre Smith
Jason Smith
Eugene Monroe
Michael Oher

I think the skins should be in line for either Monroe or Oher. I think the skins could trade back to the bottom of the 1st, top of the 2nd a get a good OT.

Posted by: TWISI | December 17, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

I need to hear Zorn or see a quote saying the offense is playing well. I can't and don't believe he thinks that. Just turn on the game tapes starting with November and if you can say this is good offense you are either a pathological liar or insane.

Posted by: JasonLaTempleton | December 17, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

I may be 4th. lol

B I was so pissed at what I was seeing I hit the wrong key. Still can't get over not giving CP the ball on the 1 yard line.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 17, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

I would take Kendall back on a reduced contract but would not guarantee him a starting job. He is versatile in that he can play either guard spot or center, but at 35 next spring there is no way you give him a multi-year deal with a mid-size guarantee which is probably what he is looking for.

This team needs to get younger on both sides of the ball.

Last year Vinny spent all the picks on receivers.

Well, this year he can spend 4 picks on OL and DL.

Plus the team can finally put both Heyer and Rinehart into the camp and preseason mix and prove the team has actually been finding some younger players for the future all along.

Posted by: leopard09 | December 17, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Michael Oher is the best lineman available.

Anyone interested in knowing more about him should read a book called 'The Blind Side'
by Michael Lewis. A fantastic look into how he grew up. People knew he would be a top five draft pick when he was in high school. That's the kind of skills and talent the guy has.

Posted by: knight1977 | December 17, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse