Zorn's QB Plan; Strictly Unrestricted

After practice Jim Zorn talked a bit about his quarterback plan for Saturday and said that he might rotate Todd Collins and Colt Brennan after Jason Campbell gets his plays in. He said it would depend on the situation, but he'd like to get Brennan some two-minute work, since, he said, after a couple of games he won't have the opportunity to see Brennan play again for a year. So don't be surprised if Brennan comes in before Collins.

As for the Redskins' big preseason game Aug. 16 against the suddenly-Favred New York Jets, Zorn said he fully expects to see Brett Favre play a bit that night in East Rutherford.

The Skins have released FB Pete Schmitt, but it was at his request They signed safety Justin Hamilton. Schmitt was here for just two days of practices after being re-signed Monday.

Hamilton is a native of Clintwood, Va., (not sure exactly where that is, I must confess, but it must make him a local) [Editor's Note: if, by local, you mean Kentucky], and played four years at Va Tech. He was drafted in the seventh round by Cleveland in 2006 and was cut by the Browns last September, missing all of the 2007 season.

Practice was held under the watchful eye of Wizards Coach Eddie Jordan. ... The guys you'd expect to be sitting it out (Shawn Springs, Malcolm Kelly, LaRon Landry, Erasmus James, Todd Wade and Stephon Heyer) indeed were, but there was one new addition -- Rock Cartwright. He said some cartilage had come off the bone in his ribcage and was not ruling himself out for the game. The coaches, however, may spare him the opportunity. He said he practiced through it this week but was too sore to go today. If he can't practice, it must be painful. The guy's a gamer....

Chris Horton was not in pads (it was a full-pads practice). ... Landry was in the tent where injured players work. He was doing even less today than yesterday and there's no way I see him playing Saturday. ... Cornelius Griffin did more work today, so his back spasms must have subsided. ...

Going to the game Saturday? Check out the Weather Gang's Skinscast. It's the greatest thing since, well, you know.

By Jason La Canfora  |  August 7, 2008; 11:58 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Of Blache, the O line and Injuries
Next: QBs, Injuries, Schmitt, Favre -- We've Got It All

Comments

Good luck to JHAM!

Doubt he makes the team, he was one of those players in college that played every position (Safety, WR, RB) he's got some talent, but not NFL material.

Wish him all the best though.

HAIL

Posted by: Go Skins Go | August 7, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Damn Pete! lol

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Hello... Is there anybody out there?

Posted by: trailblazer658 | August 7, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Justin Hamilton was actually signed by the redskins in the spring time but the released him when they started signing draft picks.

Posted by: Ron Burgandy | August 7, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Great new thing about Loseable Type 2.0: it has a little window for "Loseable Type News." What could possibly be happening in that world???
I like the idea of a blogimatum (I really like the idea of a twittimatum on twitter, too, but first things first...); so let's say 225k by kickoff, opening evening. We're closing in on 215k now.

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Who will have a bigger longer career from here out, Jett Farve or Justin Hamilskin?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 7, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Interesting article on JC by Jason Reid today. Sounds like JC shouldn't be paying so much attention to sports talk radio. The backup QB is always going to be the favorite of some fans, at least wherever the starter isn't fully established or has struggled a bit. Just ask McNabb, Eli (probably not so much this year), etc.

Posted by: skinswest | August 7, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

10,000 posts in 4 weeks? We've got that!

Posted by: [cc] | August 7, 2008 9:07 AM | Report abuse

how's by yous?

Posted by: The AMAZING Dik Shuttle of the Fabulous ShuttleLOUNGE | August 7, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Many thanks for the map, Cindy.

Hmm... so this Clintwood, in addition to being a possible portmanteau of "Clint Eastwood," or perhaps his version of Dollywood, is right up the road from Big Stone Gap, hometown of Thomas and Julius Jones, who also play the pro fubball. Quite a little hotbed of pro talent they've got nestled down there, isn't it?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Hold up, did somebody just issue an ultimatum?

Oh no you dih-int!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

That was a good article by Reid.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Oh no you dih-int!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2008 9:13 AM

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

KEEP EDDIE AWAY FROM THE DEFENSE. BY BEING IN THE SAME VICINITY AS THE SKINS D, HE'S DESTROYING THEM.

Posted by: Go Skins Go | August 7, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

LMAO Nate.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

What the Cyn Cyty is going on here? I got an error message saying too many post in a short amount of time.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Just FYI: Clintwood, VA is 441 miles from fed ex field. Fenway Park is 433 miles. Just wanted to pass along.

Posted by: Matt | August 7, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Mee too!!

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Go Skins Go | August 7, 2008 9:19 AM

No doubt! But if he can teach them to consistently score in the 90's...

Posted by: [cc] | August 7, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

That map was especially for you, Nate.
Too many posts in too short a time????? Loseable Type does not understand the way of the hamster -- or the blogimatum.
On another topic, you do know who the Jets play next, do you not?

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Us

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Interestingly as well cyn, my names are stored in the Name field as a drop down... one of my Zebra names has a little black square next toit... what is that junk/.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinswest | August 7, 2008 9:05 AM

Plus if Colt has another good game, you know what will happen....then Collins will be looking over his shoulder too.

Posted by: dlhaze | August 7, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

JH is the man. He'll do a great job. Can't wait to see him play.

Posted by: Reston | August 7, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Is registration back?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I was stuck in the previous post....

Pete, we hardly knew ya...

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Let me pause to remind you that Jim Zorn pointed out that, against a first-string defense, Colt Brennan's results may have varied.
BTW, I kinda like "The Way of the Hamster."

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

The Truth chimes in again on the Kelly/Thomas situation.

The Truth says that The Truth saw the interview with Devin Thomas about what Coach Zorn said and The Truth wonders if The Truth is the only one that saw Devin Thomas saying "No excuses" and "We should have been better"? The Truth doesn't think that makes Thomas look bad in the least. Maybe The Truth is missing something, but The Truth sees it as two rookies having slight problems adjusting to the conditioning of the NFL, which Coach Zorn said is common for rookies, especially in that position.

The Truth also says that a big deal was never made about Smoot not passing the test until Zorn came in and pointed it out. The Truth says Smoot hasn't even attempted to pass the test in the past, and Smoot is in fine shape once the season starts regardless.

The Truth is not saying this conditioning test isn't important, but The Truth says it is more a thing of learning how to finish the actual drill than being in shape, at least in The Truth's perception.

The Truth says in 2 or 3 years everyone will completely forget about this issue, and The Truth still doesn't see what kind of "character issue" it is when Devin Thomas says he was a little surprised by how tough it was and that he had to work harder next year. The Truth says to stop being so negative.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone think Portis warrants a 6th overall pick in a fantasy draft?

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else think it is time for Bubba Tyer to go? Do other teams have as many tweaked hammys, ankle sprains, back spasms, etc.? More than half of our team is in a tent riding a stationary bike...what gives?

Posted by: Gardner | August 7, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Don't hold this against me, but I happen to agree with the truth on this point.

Someone suggested yesterday that Kelly might be done for the year, not someone in the know or anything, but rather someone one here, whom I swear would rather that Kelly WERE done for the year, because they are so DESPERATE for this team to be lousy. This person pretends to be a fan of the team, but HATES every move they make.

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone think Portis warrants a 6th overall pick in a fantasy draft?

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 9:43 AM

For what it's worth, ESPN has him ranked as the 7th best RB and Yahoo has him at 8th best RB (10th overall). If you think he'll do well in JZ's offense I say go for it. I've had him the last two years but he was a second round pick both times. If it were up to me I'd pull the trigger.

Posted by: [cc] | August 7, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Who is this person Greg? No way is he done for the year.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

how about devin thomas is he sitting out he is not mentioned

Posted by: sdffsdd | August 7, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Some people would rather be right than anything else. These people start off normal like you and I but they eventaully slip into the maddness. It is caused by not winning. It hasn't been that long since the Redskins have won it all, imgine how Eagles fans feel. They have never won anything. This is why Philly is the way it is, second class forever. Losing breeds losing, the revel in it, its their cities identity at this point. They are so use to being losers that they subconsiously don't want to let that go.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Miz it really depends on the scoring system of the league. If it favors RBs and the first 2 rounds are dominated by RBs than yeah 7-10 is fair spot for Portis.

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

But Philly just won the Arena Bowl! That's big time!

Posted by: [cc] | August 7, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I got him in the third last year, he saved my team. I think he could be worth it, but its always a risk considering the names that will still be on the board.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

JLC or JR...stay off the crack...Eddie Jordan is not a coach with the Skins!

Posted by: Baller4Life | August 7, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

The word on the street is that Kelly's knee scope is a career ending injury and he may actually die from it. I'm not exaggerating at all guys, really, the sky is falling.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

jm, the exact quote was this:

"Kelly too has lost three weeks and may end up losing the year"

it was corkzar, whom I swear would delight if it were true that Kelly were lost for the year because he'd then beat his chest, and let EVERYONE know how the Redskins shouldn't have drafted Kelly, blah, blah, blah.

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Philly has annexed Bon Jovi with all this area stuff. The way the local new covers him and it you would think he was Rocky Balboa. (Phillys all time athletic champion)

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Portis is the man....I see 1600 yds and 14 td's this year. FEED HIM THE ROCK!!!!
And I don't think he was saying Eddie Jordan is a coach on the skins, only that he was watching practice.

Posted by: dlhaze | August 7, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Miz, PFT, is stating that Kelly had to have his leg amputated just below his nipples.

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I guess it comes down to who you trust more: Portis, Westbrook, Addai, Gore, Lynch, LJ, etc. LT and Peterson will probably go 1-2 and then maybe Manning and/or Brady. Does LJ bounce back this year after he tried to ruin my team last year? How does Gore fit in Martz's offense? Will Westbrook be injured as usual? Will Lynch put up Portis' numbers in the Bills offense? I think you'll be choosing between Portis, Addai, Manning and Brady.

Posted by: [cc] | August 7, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Honsetly I think the 14 tds is pretty fair. 1600 may be a little high but 1400-1500 is not unreachable. P.S nothing would make me happier than a rushing title to the skins. Davis just missed it some years back, I really need to see it.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

But Eddie Jordan is there. He's watching practice. He has not whistle, but still...

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

When they say Favre is the best QB the Jets have had since Joe Namath, it hurts my feelings.

Posted by: Richard Todd | August 7, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I meant I think you might be getting the leftover from Portis, Addai, Manning and Brady.

Posted by: [cc] | August 7, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

I love living in south Jersey. If you didn't know where you were you would swear you were in Philly but the way the people act.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

People were excited when I came to the Jets too.... it didn't last long.

Posted by: Vinny Testaverde | August 7, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

When they said Favre was the best deamon barber on Fleet Street, it hurt my feelings

Posted by: Sweeney Todd | August 7, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Greg. Hold on a sec while I get the hammer and smack corkzar in the back of his damn head.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

They should have signed "Hot Dogg Kenny" to play Fullback when they had the chance and now he's out with a broken foot and will be gone for at least a year.

Posted by: Buddy | August 7, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Okay, migration over, etim to hckec hte wne

ystme.

Esems ot eb wrokgin efin.

thtsa a refile

Posted by: fraskritre | August 7, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Hmm. That didn't og wlel, idd ti

Posted by: farstrkire | August 7, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Third time's the charm, I say.

Good to go. Bring on the season.

Posted by: farstriker | August 7, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

I don't think Hot Dogg Kenny is really hurt, an inside sorce saw him fishing for Rockfish and jumping off the back of a boat not too long ago!!!

Posted by: Creamy | August 7, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

"... and hopes that were high in the heat of September, wilt and die in the chill of November...."

Posted by: Browning Nagle | August 7, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

jm, thanks.

I mean, how about we let Kelly actually heal up, and play in a game, before we label the guy a bust. Same with Thomas.

I swear sometime I think people would prefer that these guys did turn out to be lousy, and the team had a lousy year, just so they can crow about how right they were....

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Watched Zorn's presser from yesterday, and he was asked about Randle El having his best season in number of receptions (51) last year.

Without hesitating, Zorn calmly and confidently stated "he'll get a lot more than 51 receptions this season". Either Zorn is really confident in what this offense is capable of, or he's a little bit crazy. Either way, I like it!

Posted by: RambleOn | August 7, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Man, someone needs to go under the knife...my knife! They should let me do all the cuttin'!

Posted by: Prison Balls | August 7, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I thought the tone of the Cambell article today was overly negative. As for quoting message boards I'd say who cares? This is a peanut gallery. Characterizing it as negative I think is a mistake as well. I'd say he has overwelming support from the hampsters.

Of course I don't read any other boards so maybe not.

Posted by: Skinz | August 7, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Good to have the blog back! I think I actually got some of that W word done yesterday.
Greg/JM - Cork didn't allude to it very well but I personally think he was suggesting that the hamstring injury can linger all season like Moss' did. Cork's general pessimistic nature makes it easy to jump to worse things than I think he meant.

Posted by: BCBarney | August 7, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

wait, J Reid hates the skins too??????

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

They gave me veteran QB Frank Reich and we went 1-15.

I wish Mangini better luck than I had.

Posted by: Rich Kotite | August 7, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

bcb, here is his exact quote on Kelly:

"Kelly too has lost three weeks and may end up losing the year"

Please, provide ONE instance where ANYONE has suggested that he's going to be done for the year? This was merely cork HOPING he'd be done for the year, because it backs up his point of view.

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

F Barno

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Lol, I've never been a "Jla hates the skins" guy. I understand the article was about the pressure but I think that the overall tone of "skinsdom" was distorted in a way negative fashion.

As far as I can tell most people are cautiously optimistic about JC. There may have been some of that buzz last year when TC was leading the team into the playoffs but I don't know too many people ready to throw JC out in hopes TC will be the answer.

Posted by: Skinz | August 7, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Skinz.. how can you say that? We have the savior Colt Brennan.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Get off the Todd Collins bandwagon, in this offense Collins is holding on to the ball to long, and looks like he is scared. I did not like the team bringing him back this year, which is my only complaint of the off-season. He is a one system QB and this is not that system. This team will go as far as JC takes them this year, and he has looked good so far. Whats up Greg long time.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I for one don't want to see Collins at all this year.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Early reports have Anthony Mix tearing all knee ligaments. Most likely out for the year. ChrIS LARry's tent has surely been folded.

Posted by: sources | August 7, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

km, hey man, yeah, long time. Where you been hiding yourself??

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

strictly nads

Posted by: nads guy | August 7, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

uh-oh - was Cyn rainin' on my Colt parade?! Hey - I don't think anyone reasonable is asking him to start...

But for a 3rd stringer he definitely looked good. Who's the last quarterback in this town that made anyone take notice at all?

Gee creativity, chutzba, accuracy, grace under pressure... hmmm. I don't care if he was playing against Pop Warner. I've seen starters miss passes easier than those with no pressure and wide open recievers.

I'm just glad he's rising to the occasions he's presented.

Colt Rulez
Collins Drulez

lol - I'd like to thank everyone for humoring my over-exuberance.

....maps... suchas.

Posted by: Dik | August 7, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

My sources tell me that Larry Michael is a Douche!

Posted by: Source Meter | August 7, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Todd Collins = Asscheeks

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Mix will always have a little place in my heart after getting downfield to recover that kick in seattle. Maps, such as and the like.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

km, hey man, yeah, long time. Where you been hiding yourself??

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 10:47 AM

I have been reading not posting, no registration sucks plus I was getting tired of all the whinning by the haters.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Todd Collins = Asscheeks

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 10:56 AM

Post of the year.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

August 07 2008 8:47 AM BY David Elfin

WOW. The meaningless preseason game a week from Saturday at the Jets suddently turned into a mega-media event with the trade late last night of superstar QB Brett Favre from Green Bay to New York. It's doubtful that the Hall of Fame lock will play after less than a week of practice with his new team, but the game will be the Jets' first at home since the trade and Gang Green will surely be out in full force to roar its approval of its new hero. Favre will be 39 in October, but he gives Jets fans hope that their team, 4-12 last year, can be a contender again. New York won just three playoff games the past 21 seasons, but Favre's acquisition summons memories of the glorious 1968 season when Joe Namath and the Jets ruled the football world.

-- David Elfin

Posted by: Elfin to da Post | August 7, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Cindy,
Just so you know Loosable 2.0 also has an ultimatum inhibitor feature that seems to be enabled.

It spits back a stern warning if the same person (in this case I guess we're all really just a bunch of IP addresses, aren't we) posts too many comments too rapidly.

Guess I'm too much of a chatterbox.

Posted by: stumped | August 7, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

the geek level is very high, as usual.

Posted by: | August 7, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

arg

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

New blog is an improvement. Now I get "Invalid Request" when I try to post from home.

Posted by: noone.from.tampa | August 7, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 9:20 AM

I had the same problem earlier. What gives?

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Well, good to have you back, km. Yeah, registration, someday, hopefully that will be back...

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Pennington will be cut at 4:00pm, anythoughts on were he is going. I would say Miami, he has a relationship with Parcells.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I will report all of this asap.

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I was getting tired of all the whinning by the haters.

Posted by: kmdp4 |

You just got to laugh at the haters.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

The Greek level is always high.

Posted by: Jimmy The | August 7, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I wish the skins would pick him and cut asscheeks.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

No chance the Favre trade makes the Jets a contender. The won't beat out NE for the division and they'll struggle to win 10 games to make the wild card. The Jets just traded their best player on defense (Vilma) and I'm not convinced they'll be all that good on that side of the ball. Besides, I'll bet that Favre either gets hurt or goes back to throwing more picks than TDs.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone else think that the Defense could actually play better without Flapjacks? Coaches ideas get stale Blache has been deferring to him for a few years and i'm sure he has not alone learned from Flappers but has identified pleanty of areas where he could improve upon.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I left Comcast because larry michael touched me under the table.

Posted by: Bram Weinstein | August 7, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Bill is to William, as Bram is to ?

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:08 AM

Dude hasn't missed a game since the end of the H.W. Bush administration or something like that. I'm willing to go with the latter on that one.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Who was on the TC bandwagon?

Posted by: Skinz | August 7, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Bill is to William, as Bram is to ?

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 11:11 AM

Bramford? Bramcellous?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I like the fact that the coaches are finally making the players accountable. No more Gibbs fighting your guts out sh!t. I love the way Blache calls out the defenders when they make a mistake. I think Zorn is way better in the press conferences than Gibbs was. I can actually get an idea of how the team played when listening to Zorn. I heard yesterday that he has already had more two a days this year then Gibbs did in the four years he was back. Gibbs was soft on the players his second go around and it showed on the field.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Bram-Abraham.

Posted by: Skinz | August 7, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 11:13 AM

That exactly why I think he'll get hurt. He's tough as nails, but the fact he hasn't had a Trent Green-esque concussion and/or knee explosion is pure luck. I think karma kicks him in the nuts and ends his streak this year.

By the way Miz, Bram is short for Abraham.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Bram Stoker's Dracula?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

"chutzba" is right up there with "deuche" as one of my all-time favorite misspellings up here.

Well done, Dik!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Bram Nuffin?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Anyone read the Chris Cooley blog. he stated how he liked Zorn because he is very up front with the players. he said Gibbs would hide info from them and keep them on their toes like if they were going to have multiple practices. he said Zorn lays everything out for them and the players really appreciate that.

Posted by: Great One | August 7, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Cindy, don't use the blogs@washingtonpost.com e-mail address, it comes back as undeliverable from the post e-mail server.

Posted by: noone.from.tampa | August 7, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

I too like how Zorn and Blatche goes about coaching this team. There isn't any stroking ego's or "we have a great group of guys in that locker room" talk coming from either one of them... And I LOVE that!

But can we stop contrasting and comparing Gibbs and Zorn? The only thing that these two men had in common is that at some point in time they coached the Washington Redskins.

That's it. I loved Gibbs, but as someone pointed out during the HOF weekend, that ENTIRE chapter was closed when Art Monk finished his speech Saturday night.

Time to move on.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Oops! Sorry, no one.

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

You just got to laugh at the haters.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 11:03 AM

Yeah, but the funniest stuff up here is my drivel. lol. Smack me back of the head! lol. Hit me with a ball peen hammer! lol. Did I mention that I weigh 220? lol.

Sorry, that's all I got. lol. I don't do football, but check out my profound soliloquies

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Meant to give you the chat link. Maske will be yammering at 1 p.m., if you'd like to join him. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2008/08/07/DI2008080701287.html

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

He might answer a Skins question or two.

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

The Truth asks "What's the deal with Saturday's game?" The Truth doesn't know if it is nationally televised or not, but suspects that it is not. Is The Truth correct?

If so, is there any website The Truth could watch it on? Or can The Truth order it from On Demand? The Truth doubts it.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

By the way Miz, Bram is short for Abraham.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:18 AM

I feel like a straight 'tard for not getting that one.

Jeez! I wonder how many other people actually knew that, and not sound racist or anything, but when you think about it Abraham is kinda obvious with a name like Weinstein. What's the chance you'll see him sportscenter or anyone of the taped live shows soon?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

truth, NFL Network I believe is broadcasting the game. 7pm. EST.

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Really, RedDMV? You really wanna start the "oh, i'm not being racist or nothing, but" game about how somebody name sounds?

Posted by: Anonymous Anymouse | August 7, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

The Truth might have to order NFL Network before then.

The Truth says thanks.

The Truth asks if the NFL Network shows a lot of Redskins games during the regular season? Being in South Carolina, The Truth regularly gets Atlanta Falcons\Carolina Panthers\Miami Dolphins games. The Truth cannot think of three teams more miserable than those.

The Truth is basically asking is it worth it to get NFL Network?

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 11:27 AM

I may have found my place in this world after all. Time for a sort-of-real-post...

It sounds like you're some what like me, instead of LOL's or LMAO's, I choose to post a little something more direct and simple. Its good to know that you don't have to provide football analysis or opinions to be accepted on the blog...

homologous orthodox nads

Posted by: nads guy | August 7, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Truth, the offseason is probably the best for NFL Network. And if you have comcast, you get on demand where you can review each game in 30 minutes... no commercials, no mercy!

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I thought Abe was the accepted shortend name. Bram is like Calling someone named Michael Ael.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Truth, if you are a die-hard skins fan then DirecTV is the way to go. Get the NFL Sunday Ticket and watch the Redskins all season, plus get the NFL Network. Be prepared to lay out some $$$ though.

Posted by: noone.from.tampa | August 7, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Hit refresh. New top.

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Direct TV is great for the games, however i wish they would broadcast Preseason. I bought a package that includes comcast midatlantic to try and get more redskins stuff but it blacks out constatnly because of local rules.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous Anymouse | August 7, 2008 11:33 AM

Dude, pump you breaks, and go get your maxi pad. All I'm saying is that the man's last name is Weinstein. Not to go biblical on you but there was this sort of big dude in the bible who was named Abraham of Hebrew decent. I'm just sayin' thats all. Like seriously, if someone submitted a job application with the first name Daequan, what are you thinking his ethnic background is?

Here endth the lesson.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

redskin outsider, tell me something i don't know!

Posted by: herb | August 7, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

That should say you can review each weeks game during the season, and that week only.

Direct tv is good if you are completely out of the area. But here in PA, I get Bmore first and philly 2nd. But becasue bmore is first, there is a non-compete with philly so iggles games are not shown. So they show the skins most other times.

Basically negating the need for Sunday ticket. 260 beans down the drano.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

We don't need to see Collins play this year.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Truth you'll get very few games on NFL networks live at least. The skins are quite often one of the teams that get their games replayed mid week. Only real way to get skins games in Atlanta are with DirecTV or going to a bar that has the ticket.

Posted by: Skinz | August 7, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Why you hate on me man?

Posted by: Daequan | August 7, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

oooooo I like some of these rumors.

Pennington signs with MIN. That's a good one, Tavaris Jackson plays QB as if he were Tom Jackson. Give him a running game and maybe the Quackers will regret trading to the Jets through an unforseen consequence.

Collins is traded to STL. That's another good one! Who should we get for him?

Trent Green?

A big DE to satisfy CorkCzar? They have a couple and with Long in camp they're probably flush there.

The 2nd round pick spent on JT?

Face it: T. Collins is a liability in this offense. He is about as mobile as an ocean liner, and was completely thrown off his game in Seattle, even when he had 11 years experience with Smilin' Al's offense. He almost cost the Skins the Viking's game fumbling the snap from center. Whereas Trent Green...

Posted by: DanPatrick | August 7, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Favre going to AFC good for Redskins playoffs chances?

Posted by: 4th | August 7, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 11:30 AM

Hopefully that will never happen...

The Truth: if you don't have NFLN, get it NOW. I'm not a big fan of Total Access (NFL's version of Sportscenter, kind of), but it's ALL football, ALL year round on that channel. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Atl huh?

Try TACOMAC. Best friend is a bar tender there. many skins fans go there.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Lets trade TC to the Rams for Chris Long, and Adam Carriker. We'll also send them Marcus Mason, because Steven Jackson is holding out.

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I neglected to spell out the fact in that post that you may well see Colt Brennan before Todd Collins Saturday night....

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Clintwood is a small town in SW Virginia in the VA-TN-KY triangle.

Posted by: fred | August 7, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Basically negating the need for Sunday ticket. 260 beans down the drano.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 11:46 AM

You must be in the Harrisburg region with me, Zebra. I kept track last season, and I could see 10 of the 16 regular season games on TV, and I found a Redskins bar in downtown Harrisburg. So Direct TV will never get that money from me if I can help it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Bram is already on ESPN news. He looks out of place, IMO.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Colt Brennan before Todd Collins Saturday night

I like the move. It will give us a chance to see what Colt can do against 2nd stringers.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

True, a little south of that... down the big wreck (83) as i call it.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 11:51 AM

Not even on Madden could you pull that trade...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

True, a little south of that... down the big wreck (83) as i call it.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 11:58 AM

Damn Zebra, I hope you don't mean...gulp...York County!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Yes sir! Greatest county in the Union!

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 11:51 AM

Not even on Madden could you pull that trade...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 11:59 AM

Sure you could. Inflate their attributes prior to beginning the franchise, and get their overall to at least 85... Not that I do that sort of thing.

And Greg, I don't understand how you always forget about Betts and a 3rd.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Brown, surely, any NFL Scout worth their salt would realize the player that Marcus Mason is on the verge of becoming, so if ANYTHING, that would be a steal for the Rams.

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

"

I am a reasonable Skin's fan. I don't believe that IF -- I. F. -- JC is a bust the team should be blown up. I don't even know if you can tell that JC is a bust for a long time. Look how long it took Eli to play well for the Gi-Ants. And Eli might STILL be a bust. He had a good run through the Stupor Bowl. Doesn't mean he goes right back to his old self next year.

As JC pointed out, there are other guys on the football field. And Mr. Fan watching the game on TV doesn't even have the whole field in view, let alone know what the offense is trying to achieve.

Let's give JC a shot here, at the same time, for gosh sakes!, don't pin it all on him.

Hey here are some questions for you all:

When was the last time the Plowboys beat the Redskins in the playoffs?

How many playoff games have been won by Cryboys teams with 13+ regular season wins?

In the last 10 years, how many playoff wins do the hated Dallas Cowboys have?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Truth, get Direct TV (you have to get Direct TV to get NFL ticket), order the NFL ticket and you will be able to see all Skins games....and if you are going to be in a fantasy leaugue you can flip (during commercials) to other games where you have guys playing...it's a must. Also, with the Direct TV basic package, you get the NFL network, which shows every pre season game at one point or another each week.....not necessarily live, but you can watch it later in the week (better than nothing).

Posted by: dlhaze | August 7, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

"Fact that any reasonable skins fan know is that if JC is a bust then this team needs to be blown up."

I am a reasonable Skins fan. I don't know that.

I think Babe Laufenburg has been reborn, and is reclaiming #5 from the legacy of Heath Schuler. Maybe now I can forgive him for becoming a Dallas Cowboy.

Posted by: DanPatrick | August 7, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Or instead of what DL said.... go to the bar once. See how much it was for gas, beer and food.

Divide that by amount of good looking girls you can look at, add the ambiance and comraderie, subtract the comfort of home and being able to not use a public restroom....

and if that number is lower than the amount for monthly direct tv plus sunday ticket (not to mention 99 extra dollars for HD)... go to the bar.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

And Greg, I don't understand how you always forget about Betts and a 3rd.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 12:04 PM

Wow, you do it the long way...all you have to do is change the players position to something their attributes won't be good for (i.e.-changing a RB to SS or a DL to OL), and reap the trade/free agent signing benefits!

Not that I do that either...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Truth-
I'm in NC as well and had to get DirecTV to get my 'Skins coverage. You get all the regular season games either on Sunday Ticket or on national TV. The worst part is when the 'Skins play at 4pm (a national game) and Carolina plays at 1 and the Panther game goes long. The Sunday Ticket channel is blacked out and the FOX affiliate won't switch to the 4pm game until the 1pm game is finished. Once missed almost an entire 1st quarter when this happend. As for preseason, even if they don't carry the game live, NFL Network wil broadcast ALL preseason games sometime during the summer. Hope that helps. Hail Skins!

Posted by: NCICURN | August 7, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of lack of oxygen, we really haven't talked enough about Favre since the Commissioner told the GB GM to get it over with after the impasse over Favre's list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to. Which brings us to why the Jets should be on his list ... solid offensive line (including upgrades through FA), plus 1st rounder TE and three solid receivers (Laverneus, Cotchery, and someone else I'm forgetting right now). Plus the Jets have nothing at QB. Favre to the Jets ... and then a round of oxygen on me!

Posted by: dcsween | July 23, 2008 11:09 AM

Anyone seen my horn? I'd like to toot it.

Today's events please me immeasurably, primarily because it feeds my disdain for the Patriots and the end of their easy coasting in the division.

In other news, I am not excited about the O-line injury situation and the Bills D line, which is premier on the ends ... only one softie in the middle. Kelsay and Schobel are on par with Kearney and Peterson in Seattle (and Carter and Taylor in Washington).

Posted by: dcsween | August 7, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Yes sir! Greatest county in the Union!

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:01 PM

Not better than Dauphin County, my friend.

Oh, and Greg--if Ryan Grant goes for a 6th rounder, maybe we could get that for Mason?

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget to check in with the Bog.
Bog jogs in smog for blog.

See Sally run. Run Sally run.
See Dan gag. Gag Dan gag.

Good times.

Posted by: Stumped | August 7, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

zebra, that's how I ended up getting it in the 1st place.....My wife and I would go to a sports bar every Sunday and drop about $70-$80 on beer and food each Sunday.....so technically I am saving a ton of money by staying home, and don't have to drive drunk. Plus back then (96-97) comcast's cable picture was way crappier than a satellite's....back before digital cable, and the cost was only about $160 if I remember correctly.

Posted by: dlhaze | August 7, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Please, you inbreds can even spell the name right ;) What are you some cheese eating French Monkeys or something!

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:16 PM

Better than the drunks and racial-profiling cops in York!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 7, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

sween, I'm excited about the big bad Buff D line because if our guys look bad again it will light a fire under their bottoms, get Bugel to cussin' and get them focused.

We should be getting ready for the season and taking advantage of whatever semi-realistic game situations these exhibitions afford... if that means one or two series of starters vs starters, so be it.

This is when we need the reality check, not September 4...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Try 260, plus 99 for HD... but yeah, it usually makes more sense unless you actually get some games nationally. There is a great website for that....

They update every thursday or so...

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

++++...The Truth wonders if The Truth is the only one that saw Devin Thomas saying "No excuses" and "We should have been better"? ++++--THE TRUTH

The Truth answered his own question.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 7, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

In all seriousness I would like to see Mason go up against a 1st team defense or maybe just flat out start next game for two reason:

1) Despite the fact that he has thus far only played against camp fodder he still looks like he has something. To me he appears that he is quicker than Betts and more decisive than Portis, but then again you have to take into account the competition that he plays against.

2) This is simple. If he sucks then we can all move on from the "Marrrrrrcus, darling" talk.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

cant find any other confirmation or references to mix's injury..
is there any more info ?

Posted by: shally | August 7, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Buffalo Bill's

defunct

who used to

ride a watersmooth-silver

stallion

and break onetwothreefourfive pigeonsjustlikethat

Jesus

he was a handsome man

and what i want to know is

how do you like your blueeyed boy

Mister Death

- e e cummings

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Zebra,
Love the header to that website.

Just the way there is a kicker, a football, and the word Maps superimposed.

Maps! It's like when Charlie Brown is going to kick the ball and Sally, pulls it out of the way. Awh,Maps!

Maps! It the new PG exclamation.

Posted by: Stumped | August 7, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

+++The Truth also says that a big deal was never made about Smoot not passing the test until Zorn came in and pointed it out.+++--TRUTH

A big deal wasn't made about Smoot for the same reason a big deal wasn't made about Springs working out elsewhere. They are both proven vets who show they "get it," and will be ready to go when the season starts. They've EARNED their entitlements.

Kelly/Thomas, obviously haven't, as their medical ailments, and Thomas's semi Mea Culpa indicate. There, that wasn't so hard to understand was it now, Truthster?

Posted by: Corkczar | August 7, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Maps! It the new PG exclamation.

Posted by: Stumped | August 7, 2008 12:32 PM

-------------------------------------------
So SJK! is no longer?? What would ol' Jack say about that?

Posted by: NCICURN | August 7, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Entitlements aside, nothing smells more like the end of a career than not passing the conditioning test (except maybe torn ACLs, MCLs, hammies and compound fractures).

Posted by: Stumped | August 7, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I dunno, maybe: Maps! SJK!

Jack, you there?

Posted by: Stumped | August 7, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

YEah stumped, look back at 2007 and clilck through some of the maps. Pretty informative look at where things are shown.... unless you are miss SC and in which case you might as well be looking at a map of the iraqs and such as

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

The Truth has Comcast and can get On Demand, does this mean The Truth can get Direct TV?

The Truth is unsure. The Truth might have to pay The Truth's parents to get it so The Truth can go over there to watch the games.

Also, The Truth is near Augusta, GA, not Atlanta.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

RE: FAVRE

I just hope and pray Favre's trade to the New York Jets doesn't result in some sort of Media Circus.*

*SPECIAL FOR THE TRUTH: Since we al know how bad your ad hominum attacks work out for you, thought I'd offer an Olive Branch by noting here, that this comment is meant as "Satire."

THE CORK realizes there has been a full blown Media Circus regarding Favre ever since he announced his unretirement, and it will only get worse, now that he is within range of the New York Media.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 7, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Wha truth? You do know comcast is a competing company with directtv... unless you want both... i say again huh?

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

The Truth can get DirecTV if he calls DirecTV and orders the service and attaches a satellite dish to his abode.

Posted by: NCICURN | August 7, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

---------------

That's just dumb. A proven vet is entitled to be out of condition?? Dumb!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Line of the day:

"To me he appears that he is quicker than Betts and more decisive than Portis"

The Mason Love affair has reached new levels.
He's only 7715 yards behind Ports, but I'm sure he's going to be catching up soon.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 12:44 PM

Was me.

Posted by: Anon the Barbarian | August 7, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Truth, anyone can get a dish/directtv uless you live in an apartment or something that won't allow it....

Posted by: dlhaze | August 7, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

That's maps!!!

Posted by: NCICURN | August 7, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Truth,

You have to get rid of Comcast, depending on how long you have left on your contract be prepared to pay. Then you need to get DirectTV with the Sunday ticket, very expensive. Also if there is a cloud in the sky your DirectTV will go out for like an hour.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

K, very true

For HD concerns, local HD from fox, cbs etc comes over the air from the tv tower, not through the sattelite. So any type of interference, strong winds etc will mess up local HD.

Then anytime there is an electrical storm, especially to the west (for East coast peeps, the sattelite is in geostationary orbit around the mid country, to da west!@!) the whole thing will go out.

But, HD is better quality thru sat vs cable.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Greg, I missed that one......some people are beyond dumb....Training Camp Heroes!

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Mason, Brennan, Davis, Thomas, Kelly, Rheinhart and crummey should all be starters... yes thats it. SB here we come.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Truth,

When i got direct tv two years ago in September they gave four months free premium channels which included sunday ticket. I had to pay the next year but its worth every penny to see every Redskin game. Oh, and last year when I complained about them showing up late to install another line they gave me the Super fan channels which is pretty cool too.

Posted by: GA_Skinz_Fan | August 7, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

The Mason Love affair has reached new levels.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 12:45 PM

HTF!!!!!!!!

Greg, I ask that you read the entire post before copying and pasting what you disagree with. I plainly and clearly said that the dude has played against thrid stringers or people who probably wouldn't make the team THUS FAR. And I'm calling it as I see it. He isn't quicker than Betts? True, Portis had to run behind a make shift line last year, and was never 100% year before last, but even back in 05' Portis AT TIMES seemed to be indecisive.

From what I've seen Mason is more decisive. AND FOR THOSE IN THE CHEAP SEATS, HE'S ONLY PLAYED AGAINST FODDER, so it's a little hard to rate him. The only way we'll know is to give him some reps against a 1st team defense in the PRESEASON!!!!!!

Never once did I say he was better than Portis or Betts! Take another lunch, pop a Xanax, and chill out, dude. I'm with ya on the whole "Marcus hasn't proved anything".

Sheesh.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

cl, I don't get it, I really don't.

2009 HOF Inductees

Bruce Smith
Marcus Mason
Rod Woodson

See you there....

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Anyone here ever have to drink their own pee-pee?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Zebra,

That is why I have Verizon Vios, best TV signal around. I live in Maryland and get all Redskins games, but I can see how people from other parts of the country get screwed because DirectTV has a monopoly on the NFL Sunday ticket. That service should be available from all the providers.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

The Truth only has Comcast and has a long time to go. The Truth also doesn't keep up/care about which stupid company keeping him from watching his Redskins every week is competing with the other stupid company keeping him from watching his Redskins every week.

The Truth will dig up his old link and watch them for free on his stupid laptop. The Truth got put in a bad mood because The Truth should be able to watch whatever crap The Truth wants to watch. The Truth thought Comcast offered some sort of deal where The Truth could get more NFL games with their sports package? The Truth is frustrated.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Test

Posted by: SigBigUps | August 7, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Truth,

I heard a rumor you could pay a one time fee, per game, for comcast to switch your feed from you home area to one that shows the skins game.

like a buck or something, every sunday if you needed it. Dont know if it is possible, and I couldnt find anything about it... but my intergoogles are not very skillzed.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Is it considered homosexual if, given the physicial ability, you give your self oral pleasure?

Posted by: | August 7, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

The Truth is intrigued and hopes zebra isn't pulling The Truth's leg.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Truth, i said i know not, so how could i pull you leg. I wish it were true b.c i would do that.

It might be somewhat of a DL thing... or complete rumor... but I have yet to prove or disprove (unless the lack of evidence is enough to override hearsay) it.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

* Apologies for drive-by RI FFL post *

Will all owners please vote for an RI draft date. That is all.

* End of RI FFL post *

Posted by: Redcoat | August 7, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

The Truth thought the chat started at 1?

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | August 7, 2008 1:07 PM

No, it's considered canine. Or feline. Like in feline good!

Posted by: Mull It | August 7, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Truth are you retarded? seriously you sound like a slow adult....

I do agree that the Direct TV/NFL ticket monopoly is like the worst thing of all time

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

thats not nice cL

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Look Greg, if you're going to act like an immature, 38-year-old douchebag, then fine, by all means. I won't try and explain sh*t to you anymore. It's like aruging with a toddler. But it's obvious that Marcus Mason either pissed in your raisin bran, mailed you a vile of anthrax, or teabagged your wife. For whatever reason you just don't like the guy. Okay. Duly noted. Fine. But don't try and twist and trun people's words to validate your argument, especailly when I wasn't implying NOTHING that you're ASSUMING that I'm trying to say about Marcus Mason.

You shouldn't put out personal information on a public forum (age, sex, birth name, location), someone could use it against you.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Anyone see any Comcast deals w/ NFL Network in 'em?

If I can't get DirTV, I'd at least like to see highlight replays and the like.

I have a feeling we're going to be featured this year....

Posted by: Dik | August 7, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

There is NO way to get out of region games without Direct TV, also Truth your comcast bill is month to month you can cancel anytime.

You could get family/friend in Skins region to install sling box that you could then get feed on laptop.

The NFL/Direct TV deal is solid....no way around it.

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

You don't have to get rid of Comcast to have Directv I have both. It is worth about 30000 dollars to see the redskins games.

Posted by: The Miz | August 7, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

If the Truth wants Chia Pet to ever read any of his posts, the Truth will have to stop referring to himself in the 3rd person.

I mean, it gives me a headache.

Sorry, the Truth...

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

deals, no, they offer it on the 3rd tier sports package, so you have to pay extra to get it.

That is what the dispute was over... comcast relegated it to the 3rd tier, and many think it was b/c NFLN didnt accept their original bid for games and so wanted to put it where peeps wouldnt pay for it, essentially making it less viewed. And it is working. NFLN is apparently hemmoraging and will sell to ESPN>

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Truth are you retarded? seriously you sound like a slow adult....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:20 PM

What day is it? "If you're 30 and older, have a perioid day"?

Really, Chris and Greg you two dudes need to calm the Fu*k down, you're taking sh*t way to seriously.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Its so dumb, if I could get NFL Tix via my local cable provider (in my case time warner)OR do like MLB and by a web access I would pay whatever they ask.....its 2008 people......!!!!!!!!!

F Direct TV with a splintered broom handle

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:20 PM

Posted by: Motivator | August 7, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Maybe I'm having one... In my rage I managed to mispell "period".

Wow. Just really not understanding the hate and bitterness today.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

The Truth asks if "slow adults" speak so cool(e)y in 3rd person like The Truth?

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Red @ the department of motor vehicles,

Dude when you over 30 every day is cranky day, but I will gladly take the xanax you offered!

Truth attacks me constantly, he likes the fued, so you lighten up. Also its not my fault he reps himself like a baboon with the third person and the "Truth dont understand how cable works" schtick.....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Nude sunbather impales genitals
GOSPORT, England

Emergency responders in Gosport, England, said a nude sunbather impaled his genitals
on a metal spike. Authorities said the 34-year-old man, who had been drinking with his girlfriend, tripped on his way to the bathroom and impaled his groin on the
8-inch iron spike, The Sun reported Thursday.

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

well that ruined my day chia

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Motivator | August 7, 2008 1:30 PM

----------
Definitely not worse than George W. Bush. But Aids, that's a toss up.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

"Worse than AIDS or George Bush? Gosh, CL, it's just a tiddly winks monopoly, an offshoot of the NFL which is a big league monopoly.

Posted by: Motivator | August 7, 2008 1:30 PM"

Its called hyperbole Motivator, look it up.....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Chia,

I just got an urge to throw-up thanks,

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

The Truth asks if "slow adults" speak so cool(e)y in 3rd person like The Truth?

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 1:31 PM

There's your problem. You have a known psychiatric malady, and you don't even know it. Fundamentally, your whole life is an out of body experience. You are observing yourself from a distant planet -- Uranus. Get back in your body before it's too late.

Posted by: d-bag | August 7, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

RC, I don't see a place to vote?

Posted by: Skinz | August 7, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

The Truth can't count how many times The Truth has seen a baboon "rep himself". The Truth gives a sly thumbs up to his audience.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Red, you shouldn't make thinly veiled threats.

You wanna make a threat, be a man, and make it.

Otherwise, if you can't handle someone talking bad about your Marcus Mason, might I suggest you visit another forum.

Clear?

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

brenna, colt, one step closer to being the #1 QB. cool. wish him luck.

and yes, i too am labeling kelly and thomas busteses. yeah, already.

Posted by: dealer | August 7, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:32 PM

still doesnt really explain your use of the word retard. but hey, you gotta be who you gotta be, such as.

Posted by: Zebra | August 7, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Nude sunbather impales genitals
GOSPORT, England

8-inch iron spike, The Sun reported Thursday.

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:33 PM

-----------------

That's nothing. Google "BME Pain Olympics" and watch that video. It'll make that story from England look like a G-Rated Disney Special.

Posted by: | August 7, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Disregard I find that logging in helps

Posted by: Skinz | August 7, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

James Joyce erotic love letter to Nora gets record price:

A record $445,000 was paid for a sexually explicit letter written by world famous author James Joyce to his lifelong love and partner Nora Barnacle.

In it Joyce writes to Nora of a sexual encounter similar to the couple's first on June 16, 1904, when Nora opened his trousers and "made a man of him". He writes of his "ungovernable lust" and describes his wish to satisfy his and Nora's desires in a variety of fashions.

"My sweet little whorish Nora, I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being f***ed a***ways."
And he implores his "dirty little f***bird" to write back "sweetly, dirtier, dirtier" and closes the letter with "Heaven forgive my madness, Jim."

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

You guys really need to take a deep breath. Damn! There a lot worse things that are going on in the world to be upset about.

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

The Truth also notes that he really doesn't keep up with the cable provider feuds and apologizes if that makes him uncool. The Truth just wants to watch his damn Redskins, that's all The Truth knows. The Truth figured it would be available regardless of which provider he had and was willing to offer more money to get it.

The Truth isn't stupid for not knowing about something stupid.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Its called hyperbole Motivator, look it up.....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:35 PM

Oh. Now I get it. The dictionary said that it's common is a style of speech called "bombast." Isn't there a little emoticon you could put at the end of a hyperbolic bombast, just so that we'll know you're being hyperbolically bombastic?

Posted by: Motivator | August 7, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Colt Brennan was just on the Doc Walker show, sounds like a good kid who admits he has a lot to learn. He said some nice things about the WR's and the other QB's. I think he is definatley are number 3 this year with a chance to push for the number two spot by next year.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

I agree that Sunday Ticket being exclusive to DirectTV is a joke... but it's also about the only thing keeping them afloat against much larger, broader-market cable companies.

Once their NFL Sunday Ticket contract runs out, expect DirectTV to flounder, merge with Dish Network, be purchased by Dan Snyder, and be renamed XXX Redskins TV.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | August 7, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Comcast has contracts up there? Wow! No contract for Comcast here -

Posted by: John D in Houston | August 7, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

"and yes, i too am labeling kelly and thomas busteses. yeah, already"

We expected as much from you. You've proven yourself stupid time and time again.

Posted by: Anon | August 7, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

RC, I don't see a place to vote?

Posted by: Skinz | August 7, 2008 1:36 PM

You might need to log in Skiz. It should be over on the right of the league home page.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 7, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

The Truth says that there is nothing worse to worry about than the vile ChriS laRRY.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Oh well, I guess I'll continue to haunt my local watering hole (Kingdom Grill on Biscayne - ifn' you're in the hiznizizledingerydoohood).

If I could get internet any other way, I woulda switched from Comcast ages ago...

Posted by: Dik | August 7, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Justin Hamilton is from the small town of Clintwood, VA but take a look at the talent that has come out of southwestern VA. VA does extend beyond NOVA and even beyond Roanoke.

Thomas and Julius Jones-Powell Valley High School-Big Stone Gap, VA- NY Jets and Seatle Seahawks

Heath Miller-Honaker, VA Pittsburgh Steelers

Ahmad Bradshaw-Bluefield, VA-NY Giants

I could list numerous others but I think you get my point.

Hamilton is a solid player if he stays healthy. I hope the Redskins give him a shot.

Posted by: 215 | August 7, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

sorry retard maybe a hair insensitive, simply meant it in the 3rd grade playground way....

Although after reading the Truth's previous posts about cable/direct tv...i was seriously wondering...

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:39 PM

Chia,

Thanks for that. Maybe he didn't write the letter? Maybe it was one of our anons?

Posted by: Mull It | August 7, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

RC when is the draft? I say we should impeach the commish. lol

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

RC when is the draft?

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 1:45 PM

That's what I want you to go vote on the site for! :)

Posted by: Redcoat | August 7, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone else made note of Colt Brennan's high pitch voice; dude sounds like a little kid. Explains why he's sporting that faux beard; overcompensating.

In all earnestness; Colt needs to turn up the bass, and turn down the treble if he's ever going to command any respect in the huddle.

Colt High Pitch Brennan.

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:39 PM

I believe this statement is ironic. NO WAY the writer of "Ulysses" has a problem with those things....

Posted by: Redcoat | August 7, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Colt High Pitch Brennan.

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:46 PM

He seems like a faux thug on the video on Cooley's blog, but a likeable faux thug. Chinstrap beard thing he has going on is definitely an aggressive look.

Posted by: the wnba | August 7, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Chris Larry loves how the Truth brags and is proud of his own ignorance. Chris Larry chuckles at himself at the Truths ability to judge thinks he can't grasp as unimportant while claiming every banality that comes out of his mouth/fingertips as "truth"

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Chia,

Mike Tyson has a little girls voice and he demanded alot of respect back in the day. If he throws TD passes he will get all the respect he needs.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 7, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Motivator without hyperbolic bombast, I am nothing....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

RC when is the draft?

Posted by: jm220 | August 7, 2008 1:45 PM

That's what I want you to go vote on the site for! :)

Posted by: Redcoat | August 7, 2008 1:46 PM

Speaking of retards (as CL was) I can't believe the difficulties that poor Red Coat has in organizing the bumpkins in his fantasy league. They should pay him by the hour.

I think we anons would have less trouble organizing a fantasy league than all the great, self-named regulars seem to be having!

Not that there's anything wrong with being retarded. Or a regular. It's all cool.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Walter Payton's voice was mad weird-high as well....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Okay everyone stop with the crazy I am back and I am all the crazy this blog can handle. Now who has my pants??

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 7, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Good point about Tyson, kmpd! Where you been hiding? Also a good point about Ulysses, Coat.

All good points. Thanks for participating...

In the battle between CL and the Truth, I pick CL.

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Colt has jail time logged. I don't think it was brutal, but he's definitely of that element.

His Hawaiian Phoenix like rise from the Colorado ashes is very promising.

He IS a kid, after all....

Posted by: Dik | August 7, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Yo Chia thanks, strap on the brass knuckles and tape up the phone books under your trenchcoat, its scrapin' time!

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Yo, Alex.

I haven't seen your pants, but there is a rumor circulating on the blog that your GF is a former stripper.

Is this true?

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Explains why he's sporting that faux beard; overcompensating.

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:46 PM

Mind you, this is being written by a ceramic figurine that is sporting a coat of chia grass. Undercompensating, I'd say.

Posted by: Mull It | August 7, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Let's all hope Colt has another solid performance this week and doesn't "expose" himself to any hungry 3rd string d lineman looking to make names for themselves.

Hopefully he can "assault" the bills secondary using his precise side-arm technique.

Posted by: the wnba | August 7, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Motivator without hyperbolic bombast, I am nothing....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 1:50 PM

So, you're saying, in effect, that the emoticon for hyperbolic bombast are those two words, "Chris LARRY"?

Posted by: Motivator | August 7, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Line of the day:

+++"To me he appears that he is quicker than Betts and more decisive than Portis"

The Mason Love affair has reached new levels.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 12:45 PM+++

No threat to Portis, barring injury, but Betts and Rock may want to watch their Six...

Posted by: Corkczar | August 7, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

The Truth sarcastically says "Yeah, The Truth must be real stupid for thinking The Truth can get more NFL games since The Truth pays money for cable service! Wow, Truth, what was The Truth thinking!?!"

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mull It | August 7, 2008 1:57 PM

---------

Still no luck with growing the chia grass. Technically they're sprouts, but whatever...

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Um yeah, pretty much Truth...

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Portis probably wouldn't yield too much as far as trades, but Betts, Cartwright or Mason? Shouldn't we be able to cull an experienced, healthy vet OL from somewhere?

...speak amongst yourselves.

I have spilkas in my genekdegezoink.

Posted by: Dik | August 7, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Motivator, sure if you'd like...I dig it

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 7, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

The Truth starts a new topic - "Worst/Strangest Voices in Sports"

The Truth mentions Karl Malone and Tony Gwynn.

The Truth says Tony Gwynn had a very strange voice.

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Now who has my pants??

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 7, 2008 1:53 PM

The story is that, in your household, your girlfriend wears the pants. There's another story that she's a stripper, so maybe she couldn't wear the pants, at least not for long.

By the way, the stripper story originated in the context that we think you're better off loving a stripper than a rookie. At least, that's how I remember it.

Posted by: Mull It | August 7, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

beepbeep

Posted by: Cindy | August 7, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

The letter is said to be remarkable because of Joyce's well-known hatred of obscene jokes and swearing. Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 1:39 PM

RI hall of fame instant classic! now you won't find shti like that on other sports blogs will ya?!

Posted by: dealer | August 7, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

chris larry micheal

Posted by: coincidence? | August 7, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

The Truth stands in awe at the apparent limitlessness of cHrIS lARRy's stupidity.

The Truth was making fun of himself when he made those remarks. Are you in fact 'retarded' yourself, ChRiS larrY?

Posted by: The Truth | August 7, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

No one discussed the ramifications of falling in love with a rookie stripper, however.

Alex?

Posted by: Chia Pet | August 7, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

+++jm, the exact quote was this:

"Kelly too has lost three weeks and may end up losing the year"

Posted by: Greg | August 7, 2008 9:55 AM++++

Blow it out your tailpipe, Greg, you maroon.

Go sit next to Larry Michaels and the rest of the football version "My country Wrong or Righters", who think ANY criticism is Treason.

I can't fathom whether you are just inane, or come with an agenda. You attack me, and what? That builds your ego up? Do you sit there at Redskin Park or your Mom's basement and go---GORSH, I'm tough. AND I'm a GENIUS who can psychoanalyze people from three thousand miles away!

Let me explain, and I will type real slow so you can understand.

ZORN said Kelly could effectively lose the entire year. THAT's where I got my info. He's already missed a week, and he will miss three more weeks of practice that ZORN deems vital to a rookie WR's progress.

See, they come to training camp to learn. They learn by studying, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, by actually practicing the plays.

ZORN said that. I'm just paraphrasing him. If you think you are smarter than Zorn--well I wouldn't be surprised.

But yes, it ticks me off, when TWO receivers show up in what the coach declares is BAD SHAPE, and because of it, loses about a month of practice time, each.

They still cash their checks and perhaps they will learn from the lesson.

But YOU seem to think it's just fine to harm the team by NOT CARING.

So, NOW who's the Redskin hater?

Posted by: Corkczar | August 7, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Okay, Greg, lets get a couple of things clear: I never once said that I like Mason better than Portis or Betts, or he is some how underrated. Do you understand this? And when exactly did I make threats toward you? I never did. By you stating that you're in your late 30's and then acting like a teenager girl when someone post something you don't agree with is very immature. I would expect more from A MAN who has put in more time on this earth than I.

Chris, one word: cute. "Red @ the department of motor vehicles", huh? You're too damn funny, son. Maybe if you and your MAN Greg weren't so damn self-indulging in your own sh*t, read, AND understand what someone is trying to say, maybe some who post here wouldn't have such a negative perception of the two of you. With that said, and for what it's worth, I do not. I've been posting here for almost a year, so I have time in to know otherwise.

In closing to this hot mess, I want to say it's damn good to be back on the blog. You'll have to put up with my sh*t again until February hopefully.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 7, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

did they fix the time issue yet?

Posted by: Father Time | August 7, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

All of these dates suck!

Posted by: 4th | August 7, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

JM220: Do profound soliloquies remain profound if they are copyrighted material? In the past you have lifted thoughtful passages from the Daily OM archives, and we've always let it pass as fair use. The 11:27 AM post clearly claims authorship. It is copyrighted material, and you are passing it off as yours.

Smack to the back of our head, if you happen to be the author and contributor to the Daily OM, but how about some citations and links next time?

Source material (apologize if not hyperlinked):

Posted by: Daily OM | August 7, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

The Truth and Chris Larry need to rent a room and spend an evening having hot man-love with each other.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I am from Clintwood and congrats to Justin. Clintwood is a small town nestled in the coalfields of southwestern Virginia near Kentucky. We love our sports and Justin's mom was an outstanding basketball player. He has done his small town proud!
If anyone should ever visit... we make good biscuits and gravy.

Posted by: Jan | August 7, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

The Hell with Hot Dogg Kenny!!! As soon As he is healthy, I'm Cutting his ass!!!! I would rather play Shrek at fullback!!!

Posted by: Jimmie Dean | August 12, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

F___K Hot Dogg Kenny!!!

Posted by: Jimmie Dean | August 12, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I know I can't work without a phone, but I sure as hell can't live without my weed!!!

Posted by: Hinchman | August 15, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse