Phillip Buchanon or Brandon Banks: who will return punts?

Veteran cornerback Phillip Buchanon has averaged 9.1 yards on punt returns in his career and scored three touchdowns. Rookie wide receiver Brandon Banks returned a punt 77 yards for a touchdown during the preseason.

So who will return punts Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field?

"I don't know," Buchanon said with a smile. "You have to ask coach."

When pressed by reporters, Buchanon seemed to indicate he would be the guy against the Cowboys. "I'm going to try to calm myself, try to deal with it and take what they give me," he said. "Not try to do too much; just take what they give me and run with it."

Banks, who experienced ball security problems during the preseason, has taken reps in practice returning punts and kickoffs. "I just want to go out there and get a game under my belt and get used to the way the NFL works. And hopefully contribute," he said.

By Jason Reid  |  September 9, 2010; 2:09 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Clinton Portis has a new attitude this season
Next: Fletcher, McNabb named captains

Comments

Hey Hessone, for the last time, I don't want to watch "School of C0ck" with you!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:00 PM |

I just pooped in your pants.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 2:01 PM |

It doesn't get anymore obvious that these two handles are the same person, posting back to back. Just like a criminal, they get more daring as they commit the crimes.

Look, do us all a favor, go post on a Cowboy's board, ass lips.

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

I keep my money in the Banks....Give the kid the rock, A.R.E days of dancing in place are behind us, lets gamble-we've seen the conservative.

Posted by: MajorFacemask | September 9, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Coach said I would have some opportunities on special teams this week.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Tough for Banks to return kicks from the gameday inactive list. Book it!

OK, back to the Twitter I go.....

Posted by: 4-12 | September 9, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

hessone = Peter North's personal pole polisher.

Go polish that pole hessone!!!!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 1:59 PM |

Sorry hessone but I was talking about Peter North's stripper poles he has in his basement.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:18 PM |

Ah Poopy,
It doesn't read that way. You're backing yourself into a corner dude.

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm all for Banks returning punts.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Didn't Shanahan ask you "reporters" to stop telling the Cowboys who will be starting when it isn't quite obvious???

I mean, most starters are obvious, and this would only really apply to Week One where you have a legit chance to catch an opponent off-guard. This opponent happens to be a Cowboy and ALL you guys have "reported" on has been info for the Boys to use.

Posted by: MadeRED | September 9, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

If Banks is not active and out there returning stuff, then WTH did we keep him on the 53-man roster???

Posted by: p1funk | September 9, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

My hope, they use Buchanon full-time on punt returns, Banks full time on kick returns (a muffed kickoff doesn't usually result in a turnover like a muffed punt) and at specific big moments that let him have a shot at a punt here and there but IMO take the sure-handed Buchanon 9 times out of 10 on the punts.

Also, I hope they actually use Banks on offense occasionally too. Those receiver flares against Arizona were getting ten yards a pop. You through those once or twice and then fake it and send him deep once. I'm talking like 3 to 5 plays a game, in special packages that's all, but that kind of speed needs to get a touch or two.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I am an impressive physical specimen.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

There's never a need to read the top 10 posts of any new thread.

It's never anything but re-posts by losers that want to get their moneys worth out of their little contributions regardless of relevance.

BOOK ME!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

id go with banks

i hate special teams turnovers, theres nothing worse and i saw him in person put it on the ground v the jets

that would be my half drunk half high game day decision

Posted by: retroskins14 | September 9, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Coach nixed the special teams idea. He said I'm no good at returning anything.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

I'd volunteer Hessone to return punts but he's gonna be much to busy working Peter North's pole while watching School of C0ck.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

id go with banks

that would be my half drunk half high game day decision

Posted by: retroskins14 | September 9, 2010 2:35 PM |

In true retro fashion, would that entail a coffee table-full of empty/crushed Billy Beer cans and smoking your hippy lettuce out of an apple?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

I dunno who is worse, Chris Berman or hessone.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Coach nixed the special teams idea. He said I'm no good at returning anything.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 2:36 PM |

...and the WaPo retracted its request for an endorsement of Cowpokes OLT Doug Free because everyone knows....

Haynesworth does nothing for Free.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

hippy lettuce? Is that you Jim Rome?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

The Dallas secondary sucks. I think Moss/Armstrong/Thomas are going to do some damage.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Translation........I'm the baddest man on this blog. Fear my keyboard! Ha ha. If you could make a valid argument or even a discussion you wouldn't need all the other b.s. you always add in

by mentioning your stats I was pointing out the you are a little tiny man who acts tuff on a keyboard behind the safety of your anonymonity to help your napolean complex

Posted by: rupertpupkin | September 9, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Clinton Portis? The Concussion King? LMAO!!

I promised myself I wouldn't come on this DI board and mess with y'all today, but alas, I'm just a man.

Get all the Febreze, Lysol, and nose plugs you can find because it's going to absolutely foul on Deadskins Insider come Monday morning. The apologists will do their level best to make things better and kiss your aching boo-boos, bless their hearts, but the atmosphere will be rancid!

Q: Given the fact that it is a felony in most jurisdictions to commit violence on senior citizens, if Brooking or Ware de-cleats Joey Galloway on a crossing route, is either subject to imprisonment by the DC police department?

Peace, Y'all!

Hell...To The...Deadskins

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 9, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 2:35 PM

I did that once...then I thought to myself...what the hell am I doing?

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Why is everyone hating on each other?

The Dallas game is 3 days away.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

My guess is Banks will return the big-play punts. If we are up late in a game and need security more than the big play, go with Buchanon. In the early going, if we get punts from deep within Dallas territory, then I hope we go with Banks. He has game-breaking ability, but hasn't earned the full trust of the coaches with his fielding. He'll get his opportunities, and they will grow if as the season moves along he consistently shows his turnover woes were a thing of the past.

Posted by: psps23 | September 9, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Banks or Buchanon?

Why not both? It isn't like RB by committee where you have to worry about finding a guy who can come off the bench and immediately find his groove. It's punt returning duty... they kick the ball to you, you size up whether you're able to return it, if not call for a FC, if you can try and run it back.

It's that simple. Use both. But if they had to chose one, I'd go with Buchanon.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Put Banks back there and he runs one back against the Cowdungs. Book it!

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I dunno who is worse, Chris Berman or hessone.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:40 PM |

With all the caish Boomer makes, you'd think he would be able to afford a shirt that doesn't make him look like he's being choked to death.

Dude, Wade Boggs, VJAX and Pat Summeral all think Berman drinks too much.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Y'all are saying you want banks because the is more exciting to watch, but if that dude loses the game for us by muffing a punt not only do the skins lose, banks may lose confidence. If I were shananhan I would say to banks that if he can catch 30 punts in a row without fumbling then he can return punts in a game. It is probably safer for us to play buchanon, moss, or thomas.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Peace, Y'all!

Hell...To The...Deadskins

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 9, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Is it considered a hate crime to hurt Tony Homo because of his lifestyle choice?

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Someone (forgot who) the other day came up with a plan that I thought was pretty sensible. Let Buchanon take all the punts which would likely be fielded inside the 20 or so, where ball security is a bigger issue. Let Banks do the punt returns closer to the middle of the field.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 9, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

man, sunday evening can't get here fast enough. i'd give up my fri/sat partying if i could make it just be sunday right now!

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | September 9, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 2:35 PM

I did that once...then I thought to myself...what the hell am I doing?

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 2:44 PM |

I hear ya. I think we're all guilty of doing that once. As long as you figure it out on your own - no biggie.

Funny though, me too.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Dallas Cowboys lick as much taint as hessone.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

I think Buchanan should get the punt return duties. Just reading both Banks and Buchanan's comments, just seems like Buchanan is more confident, and that's imperative, especially in a nationally televised game in a packed house.

Posted by: ga8085 | September 9, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

hippy lettuce? Is that you Jim Rome?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:43 PM |

Epic. This is a tremendous blog. Rack me, I'm out. Classic. Bill in Syracuse thinks that's epic.

Shhhh! I think I hear Jim Everett coming this way!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 9, 2010 2:44 PM

You named yourself after an ex-con crackhead and spend your time trolling a message board.

Fail.

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 9, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 9, 2010 2:50 PM

I vote for this plan...and until someone else claims it...you can have the credit.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Who gets the impression that HESSONE is a 50 year old, bald, fat, pear-shaped loser living in his momma's basement....

Posted by: BarackObama | September 9, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I hope hessone invites me over to his house so I can leave a massive upper decker in one of his lavatories.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 9, 2010 2:50 PM

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 2:56 PM |

Good idea. That way, when Banks fumbles, the 'Pukes will have more than 10 yards to go to score despite the inevitability that they'll be in FG range.

I'm in.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Coach said not try to do too much.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Dude, I talk Redskins with the best of 'em! I give insight to schemes, players, and other Redskins and general NFL talk or shootin' sh*t in general!

It isn't until little dick riding fu_ks LIKE YOU come up here with the sole intention of trying to "bait" people into arguments or acting like the a motherfu_kers conscience when I get that way.

Leave me alone and I won't act an ass. Come up here trying to draw me into arguments or acting like someone's conscience and I'll run wild on your dumb ass.

Besides, rupert fu_kface, what HAVE YOU EVER attributed to any discussion up here? I haven't EVER read a SINGLE post form you talking about anything Redskins, NFL, or whatever else that ISN'T involving ME!!!!! All you do is troll/lurk wait for me to go off, then get up here on your high fu_king horse beating your chest on how I'm so obnoxious and front like your the fu_king conscience of the board.

You're a piece of fu_king troll lurking dogsh*t. Who has not a damn thing to add other than how I'm such a bad guy.

Get me off your mind, deuchebag. THAT'S getting old.

When I see a post from without my post attached to yours will be the FIRST!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Barack, though I didn't vote for you, I'd definitely vote with you on your latest proposed ballot measure concerning hessone.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 2:00 PM |

I just pooped in your pants.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 2:01 PM |

Alert the Media!!!!

Posted by: TheCork | September 9, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, hessone, stop annoying RedDMV as much as you are!!!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

@IHeartDallas,

C'mon, man, Romo gets more women than a little bit. If anyone is questionable, it's your boy Donovan McTwinkk. Have you ever seen him all hugeged up with a woman (who wasn't his mom, sister or aunt)?

@Rypien11,

You named yourself after a guy who spent more years as a journeyman backup (read: scrub) than on-field contributor? Catastrophic fail.

It's been fun, y'all.

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 9, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 9, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Pooy McPoop, i lost respect with you since you voted for trailer trash (sarah palin)...

Posted by: BarackObama | September 9, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

LOVE the fact Dallas is down two Olinemen.

Blitz the Bejaysus out of them. Get ahead early. Force more turnovers.

Then kill clock with Portis

As I once said about campbell, Romo can't thrown well from flat on his back.

I worry about their runs up the gut.

Buchanon runs back punts unless the 'skins get seriously ahead or behind. Rookie? "Ball security" issues? Sunday Night? Against Dallas? Have a seat, son. Watch and learn.

Give him a gadget play or two--scare the 'pokes, but don't ruin the little guy before he's gained some experience.

Posted by: TheCork | September 9, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

I voted for Palin too...she's smokin!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

@Rypien11,

You named yourself after a guy who was the Super Bowl 26 MVP?

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 9, 2010 3:06 PM

--------------------------

I fixed it for ya.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 9, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I want my iPod back.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | September 9, 2010 3:09 PM |

I wonder what Lance Armstrong's opinions are on "Ball Security".

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

DUDEZ what hapend to the BLOG?>

SKINZ BEAT DALLAS 73-0!!

Posted by: rob_in_MD | September 9, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I voted for Palin too...she's smokin!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 3:10 PM

Oh! What was She "smokin" I still offer $5K for her underwear.

Posted by: abxinc | September 9, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Some of you need to work on counting. No way Banks is active. He is basically on the extended practice squad. If Buchanon is a flop or gets hurt, or if two receivers get hurt, then Banks may get a chance. Otherwise, he gets paid to learn how to hang onto the ball in practice.

Posted by: Iamhumongous | September 9, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Snide_Remarks
#Stubhub has 900 #Redskins-#Cowboys tickets left for Sunday. Hottest seller among #NFL openers. Also shows Redskins fans dumping tix for $
1 minute ago via web

Snide_Remarks
Gonna be a lot of #Cowboys fans at FedEx given #StubHub stats. #Redskins
half a minute ago via web

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 9, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Practice is almost over, can't wait until you see the new packages on Sunday.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Put Buch in there to start with returns, put Banks in there if the Redskins fall behind or need a spark.

Until he proves he can be more careful with the ball, do NOT put Banks back there on returns coming deep out of our territory. Returns where the returner is waiting at the 30-45 are perfect for him.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 9, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

I think they should put Haynesworth back there if we have for practical purposes won the game. He was told he would play any position we wanted if he took the money, right?

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Put Banks back there and he runs one back against the Cowdungs. Book it!

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 2:48 PM
------------------------------------------
I think Shanny would have a huge pair if he put a rookie micro machine back there returning punts in the first game. I hope he does it. That would be like the ultimate un-Zorn thing to do. Well, that, and not running a fake punt...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 9, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Didn't you interview Albert Haynesworth about this issue? Who does Albert think should return punts?

Posted by: dcc1968 | September 9, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

haha, no pun,

close, it would entail budweiser kegs/green filled dutch masters in the fedex parking lot on sunday from noon till sunrise

i love trees and i love the Redskins

play banks

Posted by: retroskins14 | September 9, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

I get to skip team meetings after practice. Coach says I'm too intense to bother with such things.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

F Dallas.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 9, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Michael Irvin: Playing with Roy Williams is 10-on-11
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 9, 2010 3:22 PM ET
NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin has a solution for Dallas' offensive problems: Stop playing a man short.

"I won't take Dallas [to make the Super Bowl] until Dallas has whatever it needs to stop playing 10 vs. 11. And with Roy Williams on the field, they're playing 10 vs. 11," Irvin said on NFL Total Access, via the Dallas Morning News. "Now, if they put the young boy Dez Bryant in? You better believe I'll take Dallas."

The Cowboys had a great chance to improve simply by cutting Williams. They could have put Dez Bryant on the outside, kept Patrick Crayton in the slot, and relied on their solid wideout depth at the position.

Instead, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has decided to wait another year to admit one of his biggest mistakes.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 9, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

There are always a lot of Dallas fans at FedEx when they play. It's f-ing sickening to see!

Some of that is because you can get tickets through stub hub. A lot of it has to do with the fact that you have a lot of front-running local Cowboy fans in the area.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Snide_Remarks
1 minute ago via web

Snide_Remarks
Gonna be a lot of #Cowboys fans at FedEx given #StubHub stats. #Redskins
half a minute ago via web

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 9, 2010 3:33 PM

No skins "fan" would sell their tix to this game on stubhub.

Doesn't matter though...after a couple quick scores we won't hear a peep from those fools (Fed Ex 2005 they were heading to the gates at halftime).

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

This will be my breakout season.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Saw a car on campus the other day, had Maryland tags and a Cowboys sticker.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Snide_Remarks
16 of 32 starting QBs are 1st rounders, but 7 are 6th rounders or later, 3 undrafted. #NFL
1 minute ago via web

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 9, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Same thing @ Dallas' stadium......

I'm going next year....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 9, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Snide_Remarks
1 minute ago via web

Snide_Remarks
Gonna be a lot of #Cowboys fans at FedEx given #StubHub stats. #Redskins
half a minute ago via web

Posted by: 4thFloor ******************

I know there is a lot of hate for Eagles fans up in here (and rightly so) but I still have to say one thing about Eagles fans -- this sort of thing just does not happen in Philly because they are outright hostile to any foreign fans in their stadium. It was even worse back in the days of the Vet. That display recently at FedEx when the Steelers fans turned it into a Steelers home game was pretty heart-rending. That should never ever happen again in D.C.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

That's what I'm sayin', iH. I have friends who are Cowboy fans but may root for the Wizards also.

It's class 1 deuchebaggery to root for pro teams outside the area you live in when you have them in your own backyard, but that's just me.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Silvia said I should sell my complimentary tickets on StubHub.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

dcsportsbog

106.7 The Fan will announce exclusive radio deals with Clinton Portis and Chris Cooley this season. That trumps 980's Donovan McNabb Show
18 minutes ago via ƜberTwitter

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 9, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Which would be better, the skins lose the game by a FG but Romo breaks his leg and will not play pro-ball ever again, or the skins win by an FG?

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Why did Bean stop reading PFT? I miss his "advance" posts of PFT info.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

I'm trying to go to 'skins @ Dallas too next year.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Silvia said I should sell my complimentary tickets on StubHub.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth

Yea better sell them before a puerto rica stripper and her lawyer takes them from you, you obese degenerate.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 9, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I'm willing to bet the owner of that car roots for the Lakers and UNC as well.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 9, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

The Washington Redskins have given me millions of dollars. How much have they given you?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Everything Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth

Please stop. Please?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | September 9, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 9, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

My agent is not happy with the previous post, would you please ignore it?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 4:14 PM

That 'Vistors can't go to Iggles Game' is now urban legend. It's not the same like the Vet. And other teams fans DO COME.....

(In my PAul McGuire Voice)

WATCH THIS!

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 9, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Check out ESPN.com real quick.

The picture they have on the front page titled "Many Happy Returns". On the graphic art it looks like they dressed up Ray Lewis in a purple tu-tu.

Posted by: p1funk | September 9, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

man1, thanks for the kind words, I just got sick of people acting like I made the stuff up.......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 9, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I still miss B-Mitch. Heck, I still miss Mike Nelms.

Posted by: McLobo | September 9, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Albert is going to do his thing.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

I think letting an undersized unproven player who fumbled 3 times in his rookie pre season campaign touch the ball in perhaps the most important game of the season would be brilliant!

We should also not play our most talented player.

Recipe for success.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 9, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I voted for Palin too...she's smokin!

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I agree Sarah Palin and her trailer trash followers must be smokin that hydroponic weed....

Posted by: BarackObama | September 9, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

pabrian2003,

I agree! Why would anyone want a guy who returned his first live-action NFL punt for a 77-yard TD, broke 2 more for 20+ yard returns, and returned a broken kickoff blocking assignment into a 40 yard return? Who would ever want that guy to touch the ball?

On another note, we should definitely rely on a guy that took 10 days to pass a conditioning test, hasn't learned the playbook are schematic assignments, and got stoned for 4 straight quarters against Arizona's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers.

That's a recipe for success.

Posted by: psps23 | September 9, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

*******

Agree it is not like the Vet and agree that other fans do show, but I have been to several games at the Linc and would certainly say that anyone who wears foreign colors or cheers too loudly for the visitor is very likely to get a beer thrown at them - I mean like 80%-plus likely.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 9, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Move along. News about captains up.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 9, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Gotta have Banks returning punts - there is really no other reason he's on the team. He won't get many chances to screw-up though.

Posted by: coparker5 | September 9, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse