Posted at 11:41 AM ET, 12/26/2010

Rate the Redskins against the Jaguars

By Washington Post Sports Editor
The Redskins entered Sunday's game at 5-9 and out of the playoffs. The Jaguars were 8-6 and tied atop the AFC South, angling for a playoff spot. Yet, in Rex Grossman's second start, Washington eked out a 20-17 win on Graham Gano's 31-yard field goal in overtime.

Did you expect the Redskins to give a winning effort or lay down?

Here's the 1 to 10 poll we traditionally post at game's end:

On game day, washingtonpost.com turns the tables and asks for your reactions to how the Redskins are playing. On Twitter, from prior to kickoff to well after the game ends, use hashtag #ratetheredskins to share your thoughts with the community of folks tweeting and watching the game. Those tweets (but not re-tweets) show up in the feed below.

For a similar feature including all NFL games and observations at The Early Lead, follow @CindyBoren and tag tweets with #NFLWP. Enhance your enjoyment of the the Redskins game on Twitter by following @RickMaese, @Redskins Insider, @dcsportsbog and @MikeWiseguy.

By Washington Post Sports Editor  | December 26, 2010; 11:41 AM ET
Categories:  Polls  | Tags:  Jaguars, Rate the Redskins, Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jones-Drew is out, but so are three Redskins linemen
Next: Kevin Barnes and "Macho" Harris to start as safeties

Comments

Never thought I'd say this about a Skins game: Who cares?

Posted by: nyskinsdiehard | December 26, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Matt-
I co sign with the need for NT , C , 2 OG
If we can fill those holes this yr we can build around those people
I suspect a "boring" draft for us with offense n defensive lineman
For NT check out sederick ellis from hampton
6 4 340 lbs. Is exactly what we need to cog our 3/4 d
Posted by: brandon_in_cali | December 26, 2010 10:51 AM

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | December 26, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Never thought I'd say this about a Skins game: Who cares?

Posted by: nyskinsdiehard | December 26, 2010 11:53 AM |

Really so you cared last year when we were worse?

I watch every game start to finish no matter the record or opponet.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 26, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Diehard

I care, I hope we lose.

I also hope dallas coulda won.

We need to draft before them.

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | December 26, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Inactives

Davis, doughty, A. Brown, Moore, Cook, J. Brown, Orakpo, Mcnabb 3rd QB

So what of all those posts about Jamal Brown finally returning to health??

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 26, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 26, 2010 10:31 AM

lol, after I hit submit, realized how thick headed I sounded...but yes, we will probably be sharing the same area of the house.

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 26, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Kerz- I think the area of the house you were looking for was the basement although the attic can get pretty hot during the summer.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 26, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Smack,

i'm not talking to you. You're sorry team will end up tied with $kins in victories but benefitting from the different rules for playoffs and drafting thus ending a spot ahead in the draft having a 'harder schedule' but behind in the division thus getting the 4th place schedule next year. Typical d-bag thang that works for the 'girls.

Posted by: bangkokben |

He cheers me up a helluva lot more than the people who do talk to me.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 26, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

The
Islamic Govts and all other islamic organisations in the world failed
to notice that Christians are not
arrogant and amongst them are priest and monks according to
the Quranic verse 5: 82.In
the absence of the same ,there is no peace between the 2 largest
population of the world.Once the Holy Quran recognized Christianity ,
then no Christian can criticize that Islamic community is false or
Satanic community. All the Muslims in the world are the followers of Our Prophets
Jesus , Moses and Muhammad ( peace be upon them). We have no other
intention except to spread the messages to all the communities in the
world posted in our website www.goldenduas.com
to promote harmony, peace and security of mankind in the world. The
question of converting Christians and all other communities in the
world into Islam does not arise on the reason that the Holy Quran
banned compulsory conversion as per Quranic verse 2:256. The Christians
in the world are service minded people,who work towards peace, research, etc. to
serve public in the world and as such no one can act against
Christianity in the world . Please check our homepage www.goldenduas.com.Please
cooperate and advertise to all Backlinks,to allow all the communities in
the world to visit and download from our website www.goldenduas.com.
in the interest of public peace,humanity,jobs,business,security,health and wealth of mankind
in the world and oblige.
With Kind Regards,
Ibrahim Ali.

Posted by: ibrahimali2009 | December 26, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Macho Barnes Beeps

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 26, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Unfortunately, today's game is about evaluations rather than winning. It does bode well for draft picks and that may be today's goal. It seems the skins will be hard pressed to get back into Washington owing to the weather. Probably a good thing...

Posted by: DeployedFan | December 26, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Flounder,
I live in NYC, so not only do I watch the games (all of them), I pay to do so. I'm just a bit bitter & more than a little disappointed in the way this year has gone. And cali, I still hope we win out. 7-9 looks a whole lot better that 5-11.

All I'm sayin' is: I don't let the outcome ruin my Sunday anymore. And I no longer expect the Skins to win, the way I have until very recently. We just aint that good right now.

Posted by: nyskinsdiehard | December 26, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Fire Haslett. Best play of last 6 games, They hit a receiver on the line and caused him to change his route and the Skins intercepted. Worst play, play 5 yards deep in the end zone and wait for the receiver to cross the goal line to tackle him. Fire Haslett, don't worry, they are headed for the usual outcome, Loss L

Posted by: curb1 | December 26, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Another INT by Rex. WTF?

Posted by: nyskinsdiehard | December 26, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

NFL stands for national flat out liars! I thought the bad officiating was just done by the crooked officials, but since the nfl does nothing about it, they must accept it. NO INTERCEPTION IN THE END ZONE!!! THEY EVEN REVIEWED IT!!! The nfl should fire and fine these refs for these calls, but again, it looks like they don't care enough to do anything about it. SO, NFL, you are crooks and cheats. Why don't you just tell us who is going to win before the game starts?

Posted by: curb1 | December 26, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

You have got be kidding me, Gerrard losing position as he is going down and because his hand was pressing the ball against the Redskins back, clearly not in his control it is not a funble. The NFL needs to do something with instant replay the officials on the field rarely change their calls because that would imply they are wrong. They need to have the call made in the booth like college.

Posted by: m_p_holmes | December 26, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

What's up with Cooley? Mr Critical is all "I'm not getting the ball enough"....... and if he'd catch the doggone thing he'd have had at least 9 catches today. He's been dropping them all season. What a loser

Posted by: BenThere | December 26, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Boy, it didn't take long for Rex Grossman to completely underwhelm at QB. His best plays of the game: hand off left to Torrain; hand off right to Torrain. I'll still reserve my judgment of him for after the Giants game, but I think not keeping McNabb in there while the O line has improved over the last few weeks will be Shanahan's biggest mistake of many he has made this season.

Posted by: 1302lt1 | December 26, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

The game was like two teams in search of a loss.

Posted by: lilhornie | December 26, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Jacksonville without jones-drew is horrible.
It just delays the firing of shanny.
worst coach of the skins ever.
Cant wait till the day of his firing.
Snyder, Cowher is available.

Oh rex was terrible today!!
I guess shanny was wrong.
Fire shanny!!

Posted by: wohwinner | December 26, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

I find it funny that 32% of the people who answered the poll thought that the Redskins performance today earned them a 7 out of 10. That just goes to show how delusional of fanbase we are. Seriously, when you have a QB with only 60 qb rating, less then 100 yards rushing, no rushing td's, and a porous defense, there is no way they deserved the 7. The skins were absoulutely lucky to beat the Jaguars. It might take 10 years to repair the mess that we find ourselves in. With the talent on the roster as it stands, there is no way this team makes the playoffs for the next several seasons. Please fellow Redskins wake up and smell the coffee, our team is talentless and terrible.

Posted by: RedskinAddict | December 26, 2010 7:55 PM | Report abuse

Ok,
Riddle me this Batman, When is a win not a win? When you have so many holes at so many positions that dropping one spot in the draft order really matters. Lets be honest, Rex is horrible. That intential grounding play typifies his issue. He can't get the ball back to the line of scrimmage on a bad play. Shanny needs to know he is no Jake Plummer, or Jay Cutler or for that matter Jason Campbell. I live in Georgia and since 1993 have had DirecTv just to get the Sunday Ticket to watch the skins. Its gotten to the point that I don't mind if I have to miss watching a game. That is how bad it is. I think I had more fun sitting on the floor of RFK eating peanuts when my dad carried me into the games in the 1960's when we stunk. My advise to Bruce Allen. Build this team slowly and do it right. Look at New England and copy it. I want me kids to continue to cheer for the skins and sometime in the next decade I would like for them to be good.

Posted by: lemjam | December 26, 2010 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Both teams looked they really didn't give a hoot about the game. Why is Jacksonville throwing the ball at their own 20 with 10 seconds left before half? Rex is not the answer and the fact that Mike and Kyle can't see that means their football knowledge is poor(especially offensive play calling this year). And Mike S gets another poor mark for that horrendous defense. At one time they were good and the 3-4 scheme is not the answer. This team needs about 10-12 new young players and it will take at least 3-5 years, which I don't think Mike S will even be around that long. The problem is they still have to try and win games within their own division(vs young talented Cowboy, Giant and Eagle teams). This year is a bust since there are still too many question marks so next year will be much like this year, trying to fit people into the missing parts.

Posted by: larry40 | December 27, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

OFFENSE IS PATHETIC-HAS BEEN PATHETIC and Ryan Torain finally gets to play near goal line!! If Bruce Allen can't do the right thing then Dan Snyder needs to butt in again and can Kyle Baby at the least, if he wasn't Shanahan for a name he'd be flipping burgers(and dropping them on the floor) Sorry Skins making me consider cancelling Sunday Ticket after 15 years!

Posted by: josephbro | December 27, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Ok, there was the George Allen Redskins thru the Joe Gibbs SuperBowl winning Redskins. Those were the days, about 20 years of mostly great football. Before Allen and since Gibbs left the 1st time, basically the worst team in football, the only good thing is that at least we aren't regressing all the way back before team was integrated. Unless you count exclusion of the talented and intelligent as discrimination. Hey, you GOTTA score more than 20 points in todays NFL!! I mean besides when you lose.

Posted by: josephbro | December 27, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if there will be more Giant fans vs Redskin fans for the last home game?
Anyone who paid for season tickets should get their money back since it appeared every game was basically a pre-season game in disguise.
For 1 TD and 2 FG, the offense moved the ball a total of 28 yards(2 penalties helped on the TD).
With the Redskins finishing 3rd in NFC East, good chance of playing the viking and Cards next year, two teams that will probably try to get McNabb.
Just think, the Redskins were 6 plays away from 0 - 15...so, see they had some luck this year.
On the flip side, 5-7 plays away from being 11 - 4.

Posted by: larry40 | December 27, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse