Portis has one more hurdle to clear

Redskins running back Clinton Portis said today he has been cleared by a Washington doctor to return to the football field but needs to clear one more medical hurdle before suiting up again.

In his weekly radio appearance on ESPN 980, Portis said he can't return to action until he receives clearance from specialists at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, who first evaluated Portis on Nov. 20. He's scheduled to visit with them again next Monday, and Coach Jim Zorn has already ruled Portis out for Sunday's game against New Orleans.

Portis suffered a concussion on Nov. 8 at Atlanta and has missed the team's past three games. He said he's not experiencing headaches, though his vision might still be a concern.

"If I'm cleared and I can get back out there for the last few games, then I'm definitely going to try to get back out there," Portis said on "The John Thompson Show." "But if I can't, [I'll go] into the offseason healthy and looking forward to starting fresh next year."

But even Portis isn't sure what next year will hold. He said players are aware that there could be wide-sweeping changes at season's end.

"As far as revamping our organization, I think that's a choice they have to make," said Portis. "At some point, you realize all the talent and all the money you're giving to guys to come in and help you win. And we're not really doing that. At some point, I think Mr. [Daniel] Snyder frustration going to kick in and who knows if he decides to clean house and start all over."

Talking about the team's future, Portis didn't seem confident of his exact role, even though Portis is one of only six Redskins who have guaranteed contracts with Washington for next season.

"I just got to get myself healthy and whoever I can help -- whether it's the Washington Redskins or anyone else, be prepared and be ready to do that," he said.

He last renegotiated his contract in March 2008, receiving a signing bonus of almost $9.4 million. By the end of this season, Portis, under the terms of the renegotiated deal, will have been paid more than $2.35 million in salaries and bonuses in addition to his signing bonus. Most of Portis's 2010 base salary of almost $7.2 million is guaranteed, and he is also due roster and workout bonuses totaling about $507,000.

By Rick Maese  |  December 1, 2009; 3:39 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Cooley toils at FedEx (no, not that one)
Next: Redskins sign defensive lineman to practice squad

Comments

If attitude is a reflection of leadership, then can you blame Portis for popping off about various topics? Especially Zorn?

Posted by: RedDMV | December 1, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse
------------------------------------

I agree with the point, but you can't blame Zorn without implicating Vinny, and you can't blame Vinny without implicating Danny. Not that Zorn isn't a problem, but he's 3rd on the list.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | December 1, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattsoundworld | December 1, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

"Portis has one more hurdle to clear"

... the line of scrimmage?

Posted by: mattsoundworld | December 1, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

footballoutsiders.com on the latest Campbell performance:

"This was another week where a pretty poor Campbell performance was mitigated by a nice job on third down. Although he threw both his interceptions there, Campbell converted eight of the first 12 third downs he faced, which is great, but he failed to come through on even one of their final five. Of course, as our Doug Farrar noted regarding Campbell's final pass, " If Juqua Parker body-slammed Brady or Manning like he did Jason Campbell, he wouldn't be penalized -- he'd be deported."

Posted by: Samson151 | December 1, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully, he'll come back and since he hasn't played for at least 3 weeks, the dude WILL PRACTICE for a whole week.

Posted by: charley42 | December 1, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattsoundworld | December 1, 2009 3:32 PM

I know that excuses for Soup lovers are like A holes: everyone's got one. QB is the highest paid position in the NFL. Fact. W/ that comes most of the blame although other areas do factor into losses, of course. Sonny said 4-0 w/ Collins earlier in the season over the stretch where choker boy drove the team into the ditch for the 2nd year in a row. 36% winning for your boy.

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 3:50 PM

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Look, as I said. He didn't do anything wrong. So in the grand scheme, I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to condemn the man. But to look at it from another angle, if it was Portis you all would be all over him like flies on s***.

Find it laughable how people are like: "Don't you dare compare Chris Cooley to Clinton Portis." Like Portis came to D.C. and 'Brandon Lloyd' the joint up.

Posted by: RedDMV

That's quite an assumptive statement that we would all be all over CP.

I honestly read the Cooley piece and didn't think twice about it until i saw all the uproar it was causing here.

If there is a difference in opinion between CP and CC, its most likely because CP has EARNED it with various incidents over the years, not just this year, while CC has otherwise kept his nose clean.

It has nothing to do with race or anything else ridiculous like that, no matter how much people want to make it that.

If Cooley had said, my QB can't throw me the ball, Zorn is a genius, etcetc., people would be down on him too.

Posted by: Rypien11 | December 1, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I got on here late, so I'm sure the MNF game was already discussed, but watching it last night the Saints reminded me of the '91 Redskins. Not just because they're 11-0, but the solid running game, the good D, and hitting the LONG BALL time after time, perfect throws.

Little Bill Belichick coached as if he were Zorn, passing up FGs, going for it on 4th & 4, and pulling the plug and conceding the game instead of playing 60 minutes. Yes, they were down 21 with 5:26 left, but when you have Tom Brady and Randy Moss and 2 timeouts, why give up? I doubt Peyton Manning comes out of the game if the Colts are down 21 with 5:26 to play and two timeouts.

I tend to think Little Bill was afraid if he didn't throw in the towel that the Saints would keep playing full throttle and score 52 on him. And Little Bill only likes it when he's on the giving end of such scores.

I still say he's a cheating punk.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | December 1, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1footballguru | December 1, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I'd part with Landry in a heartbeat for a 2nd or 3rd. Carter though, I don't know. Would be nice to boast a great pass rush with Orakpo on one side and Carter on the other with Jarmon spelling them. And I'm partial with Moss, him being my favorite player, but imagine what he could do if JC had some time back there to throw him the ball deep and actually be accurate from time to time? I think the key here is getting something for Rogers (4th or 5th) and its funny, because I mentioned trading Samuels early on for a 2nd or 3rd (before he got injured).
PS: Trade Montgomery instead of Golston. They should of did that at the beginning of the yr when teams like the Panthers needed a big DT.

Posted by: ga8085 | December 1, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I have the perfect career choice for Clinton Portis for 2010. He can dress up in one of his cool costumes from previous seasons and go shuckin' and jivin' on K Street at lunch time and on Friday and Saturday nights outside of Verizon Center.

Posted by: ElBigChroizo | December 1, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I wonder when Portis will be cleared to practice? Not that he'll actually practice..

Posted by: richard_cranium | December 1, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

If we can somehow manage to get ANYTHING, from trading rogers that should be considered highway robbery....new yellow paint for the goal posts, some new grass seed for the field...anything...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 1, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

"I just got to get myself healthy and whoever I can help -- whether it's the Washington Redskins or anyone else, be prepared and be ready to do that."

Be careful, Portis. Some would suggest that by adding the "whether.... or anyone else", you are throwing your team and coaches under the bus. You're acting selfish, prima donna like, or whatever else.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 1, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 3:50 PM

Fact: Big Ben, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Kurt Warner all won super bowls before they were highly paid!!!

How many games did Sonny play?
How many did he win?

Don't look it up. You don't want to know.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

to be truthfull sounds like borderline racism to me, just like when Doug was here but he'll be gone soon enough and i'm sure that will make a lot of you so called fans happy.

Posted by: dargregmag | December 1, 2009 2:06 PM

Starting Soup (after being handed the job on a platter) over the last QB to lead DC to the playoffs the year before, who drove the team into the ditch (compare both of their DC numbers: rating, soup 81, TC 85 - winning %, soup 36%, TC 75% and playoff appearances, Soup none, TC one) tells me that soup supporters are: blind to the facts, ageists, borderline reverse racists, love wearing their soup jerseys, and or have him starting on their FF football team. Or something else I've overlooked.

P.S. Doug was better than Jay obviously and should have started sooner. And, the Pac-10 has the most SB champ QB's followed by the SEC.

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Man, Portis' contract is just plain stupid. Who inked that? Didn't they ever hear about the wall running backs hit after 2000 carries? Along with getting someone in to make sound personnel decisions and a new head coach, this team would do well to get in a savvy financial person to put a lid on some of these contracts.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 1, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

QB is the highest paid position in the NFL. Fact. Sorry PA.

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

There's something fishy going on here. If he was cleared by one doctor, they would surely get him an appt earlier than Monday if he really wanted to play. Or if they really wanted him to play - one or the other. This waiting till Monday, of all days, is way to convenient to be simple coincidence.

Posted by: REXskins | December 1, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

twisi

"...any thoughts on throwing 2nd rounder to Steelers for Dennis Dixon? Young Qb locked in at 5th round pay rate, any takers?"

In all seriousness, yeah, I'd trade for him.

Dude got touchdowns against the ravens' D and tossed some nice spirals up in the air.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 1, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

QB is the highest paid position in the NFL. Fact. Sorry PA.

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Super Bowl winning quarterbacks are not the highest paid players in the NFL. Fact. Sorry Realness1.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

"Man, Portis' contract is just plain stupid. Who inked that?" RSH

I'll take Vinny for $1000 Alex, but could be wrong.

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Tom Brady made $375,000 in 2002.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

"I pimped a 4 year starter for a perennial top 10 defense who was widely recognized as a top-level corner in 2008 (who admittedly has dropped in 2009)"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Rogers played well for about 8 games last year versus the remaining games over a 5 year career....other than those 8 games, he's been an abject failure.

Thanks for admitting that he's dropped in 2009......He's not top level ANYTHING...except BUST...for a top 10 pick....

Tryon-1 interception
Rogers NONE...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 1, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

PA, we've already discussed most of this. Are you saying QB, on avg., is not the highest paid position on an NFL team?

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

ga,

I would love to get something for Carlos as well..Monty was offered to a couple of teams before the trade deadline and he did not get any takers, Golston appears to have more value and hence the suggestion to trade. Moss is my favorite too, but he is 30 and after the 11 season will be a FA, need to get value now. Carter is in my opinion a very good player. His down years came when we had NO DT's and was double teamed the entire year or when SF tried to move him to LB. I would hate to lose him, but with Wilson/Alexander/Jackson/Jarmon, he is a bonus. We need picks for the OL and sadly this is the only group that I feel will move in a tight FA market...assuming there is no UNCAPPED year.

Posted by: 1footballguru | December 1, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

"Man, Portis' contract is just plain stupid. Who inked that?" RSH

I'll take Vinny for $1000 Alex, but could be wrong.

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:15 PM
------------------------------------------
I thought they had some salary cap consultant on staff who advised them on this stuff. I guess they stayed under the cap, but if I were Snyder, I would be asking Portis for some of that money back. Is this kind of money like a firestarter log for Snyder? It's no wonder he can't keep Portis off his leg...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 1, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

No, I'm saying that the QB that wins the superbowl is most often not the highest paid player on the team. Most of the large contracts are rewards for winning the super bowl.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

It's no wonder he can't keep Portis off his leg...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 1, 2009 4:23 PM

Word, explains alot.

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:18 PM
-----------------------------------------
No, what PA is saying is he has a man-on for Campbell and he will grasp at any little piece of data in a vain hope that he can prove Campbell is a better QB than he is.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 1, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

One of the things Portis said last week that almost made me drive off the road from laughter was when he said "in this economy, I'm just happy to have a job."

Yes, Clinton, you definitely can relate to the average working man/woman out here just trying to make it. I pictured him in his jacuzzi sipping on champagne as he said it (he actually was at the AP--according to him. Wonder if he flew coach?)

Posted by: nojunk4me | December 1, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse
---------

So what, what is your point? That QB is the most important position based on the pay? Ok....so still...what is your point?

JC is an average QB. There is no true backup plan in place for him. They should keep him on for next year while they build a line, and the year after draft a QB high. If Campbell shines in the meantime because the line improves, great. If not, we have a true plan to develop a QB talent, and we can move on from Campbell.

In the meantime, he or TC aren't going to light it up, and we know TC isn't going to "Brett Favre it" for us over the next few years. So deal with JC. It is what it is.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | December 1, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 1, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

What you're saying is that Campbell banged your gf and you will bash him on message boards since your too impotent to do anything else about it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | December 1, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I know, I advocated resigning Campbell and then drafting a QB in 2011. Personally, I think Christian Ponder may turn out to be pretty good next year. I've been wathcing him and think he'll do great in this er uh system.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1footballguru | December 1, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I definitely see your point in trading some of these players, but without a proven go to WR behind Moss, I just can't trade him at this point. I could see letting Golston go for a 4th just as long as Alexander and Montgomery can step up. Thing is, even if you trade Golston, Griffin will retire soon too, so you're going to draft another DT high to make up for getting an additional 4th rounder for Golston? Seems like a losing bet there. And you don't neccesarily need another juggernaut next to Monesyworth, just somebody solid like Golston. Basically the D line is the biggest strength on the team, why fool with it? Its also good to have continuity along the defensive front. I say keep Carter and Golston, have Wilson, Alexander, Jarmon, and maybe another low cost FA DT backing them up. Get rid of Landry, his play is getting ridiculous. But we say all of this now, but if a new coach is brought it with a new scheme, Landry might benefit, who knows.

Posted by: ga8085 | December 1, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:24 PM

Like Jay Cutler who just signed an extension?

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1

I'll admit at times I think that a lot of "people" support Campbell is simply because he's quarterback WHO HAPPENS to be black

Me, I'm black. I could give a damn that Campbell is black, dude is sorry or just not good enough to lead this team. I wouldn't care if they had an all-american white boy starting for the Redskins, if he was good, I'd be good.

I STRONGLY disagree that Campbell was handed the job. Campbell had to sit the bench for a bit before he came in. And works hard. Really gives it his best effort. But as it's been noted a few times this season his best is simply can't win games for you, and that's what this team needs from it's QB right now -- Collins ain't that either.

And all this talk about Collins, people ALWAYS seem to forget the success he had, those canonizing "last four games in 2007", dude was doing that in a system he spent more than a few years in. What did you expect? At that point Collins had been playing, if you want to call it that, in the NFL for over 10 years. At the time, Campbell had yet to complete a season as a starter. So yeah, at the time, Collins would've looked better than Campbell. Way better indeed.

But then the NFL got tape on Collins and the end result was the last playoff game up in Seattle where he looked awful.
Now that you fast forward two years, you see there isn't much difference as far as ability and where they can take this team between Campbell and Collins. So with that, what difference does it make who's starting if you'll be in the same predicament anyway at 3-8? Mind as well start the younger guy that you can hope will get better with time.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 1, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Like Jay Cutler who just signed an extension?

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

O wow you certianly found 1 example so that clearly proves me wrong.

I said most often. You could throw Phillip Rivers in there too but guys like Kurt Warner, Big Ben, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, and Marc Bulger all got paid because they won the superbowl.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

ga,

All good points on your end. My priority is to get the OL bulked up and to do that we need more picks this year. Golston is probably not worth giving up for a 4th rounder, but after OL, the DT position is the area I think we can really benefit our team with. I believe in building from the inside out and our guys in the middle are average in my opinion. The DE's are extremely strong and young.

Posted by: 1footballguru | December 1, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I had to run after agreeing with DCWun posting Coooley gets too much of a pass w/o being called out statement and if he and Portis switched places.....

But I would like to point to the responses of proof that it does in fact happen. Go back and reread it. Hilarious as to how people start downing Portis and raising Coooley to some elite status.

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 1, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

That's quite an assumptive statement that we would all be all over CP.

Posted by: Rypien11

Why has he EARNED it? Because of what "da Mayor" writes? None of us are in the locker room to really know what's going on. The get all of that from this da Mayor. I don't see Cooley best friends with any of the guys on the team either.

Since he hasn't played I see CP cheering on his team and he's the to meet the guys as they come off the field. That's what a good teammate does. Its not defined by who's hanging out with who.

Again, I like Cooley but to say he did nothing wrong here is crazy. Yes he may have been honest but so was Portis in talking about the line and Sellers.

Posted by: dcwun | December 1, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Tom Brady made $375,000 in 2002.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 1, 2009 4:17 PM

HE was back-up entering 2001. HE made a late run to win the SB. He was gettting paid like a 6th rounder he was. When he re-upped, he got paid. What's was the point here? He's making 10Mil plus now...

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 1, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

...And with that info about Portis' contract, those of you who have speculated about possibly trading him can forget about it. His 7+ million in guaranteed money for next year, when coupled with his age, injury history and recent production, make him untradeable.

Posted by: rbpalmer | December 1, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1footballguru | December 1, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Honestly, I think the Skins are going to have to get some FA O lineman too. No way they can get all of them in the draft.
I still like this:
1. OT
2. OT, QB, OG
4. RB, C
Now if there's any way we can get Landry for a 2nd (maybe throw in Golston?), that would be nice too. Definitely opens up some more options in the 2nd round. But I honestly don't think they'll trade anyone, so we'll have to make due with what we have.

Posted by: ga8085 | December 1, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: nojunk4me

If Cooley would have said it, it would be funny or honest right.

Posted by: dcwun | December 1, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 1, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

I gotta leave work in a few, but I still don't understand the comparison between Portis and Cooley. Not a race thing, either, but I think there is a fine line between being perceived as eccentric or as a goofball and being a prima donna. When CP was in costume as Southeast Jerome or any of the others, I thought it was funny, like most probably did. When he publicly went out and questioned our coaching staff -- which he's done on a number of occasions (with Gibbs and Zorn), it rubbed me the wrong way. When he got into a petty argument with BMitch on the radio, rubbed me the wrong way. When he called out the offensive line, rubbed me the wrong way. When I read multiple reports about how CP doesn't care for offseason conditioning, how this season he's out of shape, rubs me the wrong way. And fair or not, with each story you lose the benefit of the doubt, little by little.

Now, onto Cooley. The naked pic thing on the internet -- I read that and laughed, much the same way I did about Sheriff Gonna Getcha. I think Cooley is a goofball, and yeah he does some weird stuff, but interestingly (and correct me if I'm wrong), I don't ever recall him getting into a fight with someone on the radio, or calling out his teammates, or read reports of him loafing in practice or showing up to camp out of shape. If stories like that start to occur, and Cooley starts to do more of the public personal attacks, etc., then guess what, it'll rub me the wrong way, and if it keeps us, little by little he'll lose his credibility with the rest of us as well...

Posted by: mattylight | December 1, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | December 1, 2009 4:36 PM

Red, I wholeheartedly agree that years of DC winning have been lost, to the present day. The QB that led the team to the playoffs last time, 2007, did not get the chance to defend his spot. Probably why GW didn't get the job, because he wanted to start the 75% winner over the 36% winner. They did not let him. Most hate vinny. Most hate Zorn, it seems. But their QB decision is 36%. And some say keep starting/playing him? But most hate VC and JZ. Not soup though??? IMO Soup starts because of the directive, not winning games based on the important stats. Vinny forced Zorn to play the loser. vinny pulled playcall duties from Zorn in the Chiefs game where TC led the team to 6 points in the 2nd half, compared to soups 0 in the first half. JZ and Holmgren were in contact leading up to that game. Like they didn't talk about the QB spot? Maybe he starts because of all the draft picks wasted on him. Attempted face-saver. NFL is about win today, not play FF F-ball or Madden franchise mode. The wasted wins break my heart. TC/Colt, O line in draft. All teams lose starters. Ray Lewis said after the Pitt game "next man up", regarding the backup who picked the ball in OT top set up the win. Step up, not excuse, lose up.

HTTR

Posted by: Realness1 | December 1, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: charley42 | December 1, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

MAtty....All that matters is the product on the field. Portis has been producing up until this season when everyone was talking about line protection.....Well the line gotta block for CP the same way it has to block for JC17.

And DCWun makes a valid point, we ae only going off of what JReid tells us. I wrote a long list of sh!t Coooley does that leaves a bad taste, but I'm not here to go tit for tat. But, minds seeemed to be closed about stuff that Coooley does that doesn't sit right.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 1, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Well, never mind. Obviously, it does it automatically now....

Posted by: charley42 | December 1, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Dammit, Jim, they're fubball players, not racquet scientists.
I'd like more of CP prancing around as Coach Janky Spanky, or whatever the heck it was.
This is the thing that kills me about the WaPo coverage -- it's a little game played by people and coaches who by definition have been hit on the head too many times, yet it's covered like the most important thing since watergate. We mine each statement for hidden portent, searching for internal conflict, "selling out" teammates; at times, it's like Sovietology in the 1980's, trying to determine who's in power by how close they stood to Brezhnev at the May Day parade.
The best advice a fubball player ever gave: "loosen up, Sandy baby". Particularly if your girlfriend is Sandy.

Posted by: daggar | December 1, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

It's time for Portis to go!! He is done, sorry to say it but he doesn't have anything left. Hopefully the doctors tell him to stay out the rest of the year so the team sees we are better off without him. Sorry Clinton but your time in DC needs to be over!

Posted by: jcrabbe1 | December 1, 2009 9:58 PM | Report abuse