Practice Report (Black Friday Edition)

Barry Svrluga reports:

Almost everyone was on the field for the beginning of practice today, although their level of participation was in doubt.

Both London Fletcher and Andre Carter appeared without walking boots. Carter participated in some drills with the defensive linemen, then sat out. Fletcher arrived late in cleats but did not participate in early drills.

Neither Marcus Washington nor Kedric Golston were out for practice.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 28, 2008; 11:29 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: New Generation Has Skins Ties
Next: Fletcher Says He's a Game-Time Decision

Comments

Sounds like good news.

It's a beautiful day today, so off to golf.

HTTR!
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 28, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

TE,

I like yams. I'm sure I'd like it with coconut milk or chili. I just don't like them with marshmallows or karo syrup and pecans. Basically, I want my vegatables to taste like veggies. Call me crazy. Also, I want my sweets to be without veggies. Here you'll find corn and green beans in your ice-cream and yoghurt. I will make exceptions for pumpkin or sweet potatoe pie. But to come full circle, I've never had sweet potato pie as sweet as candied yams.

Posted by: bangkokben | November 28, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bangkokben | November 28, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Alright video tekkies:

I just brought a video camera. I did not have MP4 Capabilities. Am I in trouble?

Everything else I was reading on the side of the box seemed the same other than that......

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 28, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Regarding Landry moving closer to the line of scrimmage this game; yes, Landry was dropped like nobody's business by Jacobs in that first game. Yes, it was a highlight reel type play. Yes, it looked like it really, really hurt. BUT, Landry made the tackle and saved a TD.

Would anybody else be able to do the same? If Jacobs breaks it to the secondary and Landry isn't back there, can Springs bring him down one-on-one? I'm not so sure. I'd be reluctant to move Landry anywhere other than the safety valve for that reason. Keep Horton attacking the LOS (he wasn't there for the first game either), and keep Landry preventing the big play as he's done all season.

Posted by: spizzle | November 28, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Crazy thought of the day:

if we are forced to start Evans/L. Alexander/Griffin/Taylor as D-line due to injuries, is that actually our best d-line up all year?

Posted by: chrislarry | November 28, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

How has Boschetti looked in practice thus far? He looked good in pre-season.

Posted by: jsmavisd | November 28, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

We aren't allowed to watch all of practice, so it's impossible for us to say.

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 28, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

CL,

you may be on to something although I can't complain about the way Golston has played this year.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 28, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | November 28, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

once again i agree with you chrislarry horrible how people act at the walmarts on Black Friday..and dont think the same thing doesnt happen in white rural towns because it does

Posted by: cosmiccatnip1 | November 28, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

F Black Friday, people are animals:

Posted by: chrislarry | November 28, 2008 12:00 PM

But it's all in the name of cheap deals on unnecessary crap. If you're against that than you must be a terrorist.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 28, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Eagles fans are simply evil - they don't deserve to win.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 27, 2008 11:28 PM

That's why those punk @ss fans will never get a Super Bowl.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 28, 2008 6:17 AM | Report abuse

No holiday cards from either of you this year, eh?

Adam

Posted by: anonymous41 | November 28, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

No holiday cards from either of you this year, eh?

Adam

Posted by: anonymous41 | November 28, 2008 12:19 PM

Ooops. Who'd a thunk you'd pick Thanksgiving to come home to us? This has been an Eagle-fan-free blog for so long that we may have forgotten our civility. Welcome back, Kotter.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 28, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

spizzle I think you bring Dirty Thirty every now and then. I agree I don't trust Springs back there to stop him if he get into the secondary. Well I am off to get my cardio in. Talk with you guys later

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 28, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Regarding an earlier reference, Claxton Fruit Cake comes from Claxton, Georgia.

(Some of us actually like fruit cake.)

Posted by: tafka | November 28, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

tafka,

Thanks. It turns out the one from Texas is Collins Street fruit cake. When it arrives I can forward it to you. If it's not BBQ, of course.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 28, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

I say again, our starters at end should be Evans, Boschetti, with Alexander rotating in, and at tackle it should be a rotation of Monte, Alexander, and Griff. We don't get pressure with our little ends anyway so why not beef up on the front four and force them to throw to beat us since our strength is our secondary. I'll take my chances with Eli over their running game, plus you can put Taylor at the rush LB position and move him around and let him blitz every play from where ever he wants too. Blades or Fletcher if healthy play normal MLB and Rocky at WLB play normal, blitz Taylor from a standup spot all game and you should have a pretty formidable D. I don't get why they are so stubborn about having Taylor at end when he isn't getting pressure anyway and he's getting run over in the running game. Rotate he and Wilson all game as stand up blitzers and play your beef on the line!

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 28, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Too many folks complaining about the fact that we have'nt dropped 30 points on anyone yet,and as much as I would like to see that,we have'nt given up 30 either.Dont bet the mortgage on this but I think the only other team that can say that is Pittsburgh.

Posted by: smittdiddy | November 28, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

CL, I hear what you're saying buy Kedric has played well this yr. Evans in for Carter- agreed that's not much if any drop off. Let' see what Lorenzo can do, looks like he has some talent.

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 28, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2- Boschetti at DE?? Uh...I don't think so my man. Never even gonna sniff the QB there and their speed backs would dominate him on the edge. Have to have Carter or Evans on one side.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 28, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

++++35 TCCLs - Sauerkraut
 No Thanksgiving is complete without it. Especially if it's done Polish style, with a little kielbasa thrown in.....+++--JASNO

This is a joke right? We had T-giving dinner at the in-laws yesterday and they had Brussels Sprouts. I may report them to immigration.

Look, Thanksgiving is a very simple feast.

Turkey. Stuffing, cranberry sauce, ‘taters and/or yams, cover all with gravy. Rolls optional. Pie for dessert. Belch and fart til dawn.

That’s it and that’s all. Anything else is un-American.

Posted by: TheCork | November 28, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Blache quoted in a Times report today that Boschetti can play both tackle and end, I remember a couple years ago he was forced to start at end and he got two sacks. Not too mention that's my whole point, we don't sniff the qb anyway, lets put a lineup on there that can hold up against the run and let eli try to beat us, without a credible playaction threat eli is trash, we'll have 5 picks if he throws 30 times or more without assuming we're not scared of their run

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 28, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

+++Crazy thought of the day:

Posted by: chrislarry+++

If the ‘skins were playing Detroit, maybe.

Well you SAID it was a crazy thought…Seriously, to assume this is so is to assume that the Redskins defensive brain trust has been clueless all year.

Posted by: TheCork | November 28, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Alongside such analysis, how about we get Plackemeier some snaps at LB? He's bigger and taller than RockyMac...

Posted by: daggar | November 28, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

If Boschetti had two sacks in a game at DE, I will be shocked. In the NFL?

Maybe you're on to something but I can't see him holding his own at the end spot against the run. Just my opinion, far from fact.

Whatever Blache dials up, I sure hope it works...we need to make this a defensive battle to win.

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 28, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: daggar | November 28, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Tell me then daggar, what's been so great about Taylor and Carter at end this year? they can't stop the run or get to the passer, so why not stand Taylor up and let him blitz and put some beef on the line to stop the best rushing attack in the NFL?

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 28, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Boschetti played DE in college. The skins converted him to tackle because he lacked the pass rush they were looking for.

Posted by: TWISI | November 28, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I believe they are still looking for that pass rush, and are yet to find it.

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 28, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Keys to the game: Don't let the Steve Smith's and their backup's beat you on third down; I've said this before, go for the punt block(game changer!!)Protect Jason give him some time, timed draw play',tight end,wide receiver screen w/ARE and a little Mike Sellers!!

Posted by: dargregmag | November 28, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

That’s it and that’s all. Anything else is un-American.

Posted by: TheCork | November 28, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I had Potatoes Au-Gratin for Thanksgiving.
Is my patriotism under question now ?

Or maybe I should call immigration on myself ? I'm not sure where they would deport me to.

Posted by: slipperyrichard | November 28, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't reporting people to immigration on Thanksgiving fly in the face of what the day is all about?

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 28, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure where they would deport me to.

Posted by: slipperyrichard | November 28, 2008 1:11 PM

Guantanamo.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 28, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 28, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, what are your thought's on the Dline? Given what personnel will probably be available what do thing is the best approach?

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 28, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

I can't agree that punt blocks are a key to this game - I'll stick to the vanilla basics: 1) Must protect JC; 2) Must protect the ball; 3) Must continue to run even if it's tough sledding at the start; 4) Must slow down their run. Make Eli beat us in man coverage.

HAIL/GOBBLE