Practice - Same Ol', Same Ol' (Updated)

Rock Cartwright and Randy Thomas did not practice. Rock says if he can't do more by Friday then there is a good chance he will not be able to play.

Pierson Prioleau was back after a day of rest.

Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot were both pretty much on the sidelines during the period we schlubs got to see, and took more work than yesterday but did not do everything as normal. Gregg Williams seemed pretty confident both would play a role in this game.

That's pretty much it. Nothing else to report, at least as far the Redskins go. Now, on the sick car front, egh, I got some stories for another time if/when I get a spare second.

By Jason La Canfora  |  October 25, 2007; 12:38 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Mass Answer To A Common Question
Next: What I'll Be Watching For -Trying To Stop The Pats

Comments

First!
Might we see David Macklin this week? Is Spring with his Dad or at Redskins Park?

Posted by: creolenubian | October 25, 2007 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Master.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

The sick car thing is squarely in Jim Anchower territory... I can't wait for that.

That's our Jason, blogging his guts out, showing how it's done. Doin' the bull dance. Feelin' the flow.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 25, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Was Rabach in there?

Posted by: Joe in Raleigh | October 25, 2007 12:48 PM | Report abuse

34th

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 12:49 PM | Report abuse

i'll fix your car free of charge(labor, you still buy parts)if i can get a seat in the redskins press box during games =]

Posted by: X | October 25, 2007 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Not to be too picky, but do we need to report that Randy Thomas didn't practice. Dude won't be back until December.

Posted by: BT | October 25, 2007 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I think Springs must be practicing or he would have listed him with Rock and Randy.

Posted by: Mike H. | October 25, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Good for the Skins staying away from Grady Jackson. I'm guessing money is tight and they may need to spend it at some point elsewhere.

Posted by: AL | October 25, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I hope they aren't practicing too hard in the rain. We need more goin pulls like Tom Brady needs kids.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Wayne P., who the hell said Portis takes himself out of the game? I remember he did that last year but I have heard nothing stated about that this season. In fact, I believe the coaches are taking him out so that Betts can get some rushes.

Posted by: Lisa | October 25, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Some were questioning my identity on the last entry. I reiterate that it is indeed I! To prove it, I'll tell you that we're at 115,550!

Posted by: Cindy | October 25, 2007 1:02 PM | Report abuse

In case some of you haven't picked up on this site/webpage.

How good is the Redskins secondary?

Unfortunately, the Patriots secondary is pretty good too, better than the one's Jason Campbell has faced so far this year.

I just want to see Brady get hit (a lot).

Posted by: Stumped | October 25, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Lisa? Do you WATCH any of the games?

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, you're only wasting your time. Its a lost cause with Wayne.

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | October 25, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Wayne P., who the hell said Portis takes himself out of the game?

Well, Lisa, pretty much every writer, talk-show host, announcer and ex-player-interviewee.

Because...when CP rushes for an 8 or 9 yard gain, I can totally see Gibby summoning CP back to the sideline so we can change it up with Betts to kill our own momentum, right?

Yet he does exit the field after 1-4 plays almost like clockwork. That's not in dispute. I am just going by what I see.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

****************************

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 01:09 PM

Posted by: JustMe | October 25, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

There is only one Cindy.

Key Lime Pie or Banana Creme yogurt today?

I'm waiting for the LoJack guy to come and install the stupid thing in my car today. They give you a 6 hour window. It's like waiting for the cable dude, and I am going nuts with cabin fever. So, I decided to replay the '87 Super Bowl off the TiVo just for SJKs and giggles...I dunno, this Elway guy looks pretty good. We're going to have to have a huge second quarter to pull this out.

Posted by: P Diddy | October 25, 2007 1:12 PM | Report abuse

and it hard to see when somebody's teabagging you

Posted by: eveyone not named wayne p | October 25, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

"Which is it? Is he taking himself out, or is he being taken out? Make up your mind."

I've heard in a recent interview with Gibbs that he said that Betts/Portis make those calls.

And the same week I heard Portis say that the coaches make those calls.

It's probably a little of both.

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | October 25, 2007 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Has NFL Network ever replayed the 82 Super Bowl? I don't have a VCR anymore so I can't watch it. Apart from the obvious Riggo run ("He's gone! He's gone!"), there's a great sequence at the very beginning where they introduce all the refs. They're all lined up and the camera works its way down to each one. They step forward, introduce themselves, and step back. And, of course, the Up With People halftime show at the Rose Bowl.

Ah, the best of 80s teevee. Silver Spoons, Manimal, Airwolf, Knight Rider, and the 1982 Super Bowl.

Posted by: P Diddy | October 25, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

The coaches have covered this one before. Gibbs has talked about it in his pressers. Byner talked about it on the John Riggins Show. Portis has been instructed by the team to take himself out anytime he is winded. Even just a little winded. They want the freshest guy in there at all times.

So Lisa and Wayne are actually both right. Portis takes himself out, but it is under instructions by the coaching staff.

Posted by: Mike H. | October 25, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Wayne P, this is the last time I will respond to you as you are a waste of time.

I watch every game - not to mention every Skins program known to man and I have heard no one say THIS SEASON that CP is taking himself out. In fact, the Skins re-signed Betts to PLAY and Gibbs has stated many, many times that they have a 2 back system - the backs are "interchangeable." In order for the statement to be true, they have to give Betts some carries.

Do YOU watch any of the games or read anything about the Skins????

Posted by: Lisa | October 25, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

And there you have it 'folks.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Lol Diddy.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, you're being out of the loop on this one is my waste of time. Portis takes himself out when he wants. That is not opinion, it's fact. Maybe you ignore this or maybe you have selective hearing but it's actually a major point of concern that CP almost never stays in for more than 4 or 5 plays straight.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

And Brandon "glass shins" Lloyd wonders why he doesn't play?

Too funny:

"B-Lloyd: Everybody Loafs"

Please cut this guy now. Please?

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | October 25, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Wo else is wearing the Clinton Portis knee-pads today? Who else believes he should be mentioned in the same sentence as LT? Who else believes that he is a team guy when he bails on camp, ota's and at least one practice a week? Who else thinks his ineffectiveness is all about the o-line when CP himself is quoted as saying (after the GB game) that he is just now getting into game shape. I HATE Ray Lewis but I love his quote about, "I get paid for Monday through Saturday, Sunday I work for free." Hey Clinton, maybe there is actually one guy from "Da U" that has it right.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 1:24 PM | Report abuse

I like Pie

Posted by: skinzfan | October 25, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Wayne, you've made your point. Stop trying to shove it down everyone elses throats if they don't agree with you.

Got it son?

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | October 25, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Got it dad.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Wayne, are you on the Wizards blog as well? You sound like that jerk on the Wizards blog.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

I don't know anything at all about baseball...but are the Sox really that good? Asking semi-seriously here. I'm going to be stuck watching the game with some friends, and figure I might as well cram some knowledge so I can appreciate it...

Posted by: P Diddy | October 25, 2007 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Diddy, being a huge sox fan, I'll tell you that they're a good team, but that last night was probably a combination of them being good, the Rockies being rusty, and Josh Beckett being a complete STUD, and the different maker in the whole playoffs. He stymied the Angels, the Indians twice, and now the Rockies once, while it doesn't hurt that the Sox have scored 40 plus runs in the last 4 games they've played, Beckett just has electric stuff.

Hope that helps..

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | October 25, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: P Diddy | October 25, 2007 1:40 PM | Report abuse

I went with Key Lime today. Although they have an Apple Turnover flavor that I'm into now, too. Still, Key Lime is the bestest!

Posted by: Cindy | October 25, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or does Wayne P. make Jack look like a lovable happy go lucky guy?

Posted by: gethanr13 | October 25, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Wayne is a troll. Methinks the noname troll ie Sign Chris Cooley ie dbag.

But credit his sticking to a name! that's pretty cool.

He needs to lay off Lisa, tho. She's thru & thru ThRedSkin!

Posted by: Dik | October 25, 2007 1:48 PM | Report abuse

I forgot where I read that we did, but I like how we have faced the 3 top rated passing attacks in the past 4 weeks and we still have the #1 passing def. according to that article that was posted earlier.

Posted by: SAK | October 25, 2007 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gethanr13 | October 25, 2007 01:41 PM

Second that, though my guess is that Wanye P's got some Philly in him

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | October 25, 2007 1:51 PM | Report abuse

And Wayne P was right about Portis pulling himself when he gets winded, but how is that a "major concern". I guess he must not think that Betts is any good, or he thinks that for some reason it would be better to have a RB that is tiring on the field than a fresh one.

Posted by: gethanr13 | October 25, 2007 1:51 PM | Report abuse

The sox are a good team who's bats are incredibly hot right now. Beckett is a beast on the hill. As nasty as I've seen. I don't count out the rocks though. They're a resiliant team, and without Beckett pitching again till game 5, don't be surprised if the rocks get back in it.

Posted by: nah | October 25, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

EaglesFan a lost this weekend and you guys are done.

Posted by: jm220 | October 25, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

It kinda sucks that registration is coming. We'll lose alot of char's like, "The dude, Ralph Wiggum, Walter, GWB etc. I understand the reasoning behind it but it will take some of the fun out of the blog.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Ray

That was the best story I have read in a long time.

Posted by: M&M | October 25, 2007 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Is registration coming?

I am back in school?

I just bet all my meds, I mean my moms meds, money on the Skins, and gave Veges there points back.

I don't want no points.

Posted by: M&M | October 25, 2007 1:59 PM | Report abuse

I agree Greg. Beckett is just filthy and the Rox haven't been exposed to game action for a week and a half. I expect them to make things interesting tonight. They do have some pop from top to bottom in the lineup and when the series comes out this way, things will get very interesting with the massive size of Coors field.

Posted by: mile high | October 25, 2007 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Uh - even w/ log-ins you can still sign your post however you like...

-The Pope

Posted by: Dik | October 25, 2007 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Go Sawks!

They need to win tonight, Manny is going to get exposed in the OF

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 2:04 PM | Report abuse

F the Red Sox

Posted by: gethanr13 | October 25, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

I hope the sox's lose the series. It would be great to see that happen.

Posted by: jmoney | October 25, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

based on the name Wayne P and that hes a lawyer i know who he is - unless theres another one that i dont know about - he has a good rep but he is a bulldog and not shy about ticking people off - i guess thats why he is good

Posted by: I'm staying out of this one | October 25, 2007 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Good I like being able to sign in as JM220.

Posted by: Tom Brady | October 25, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

I love to hate those stupid Red Sox fans.

Posted by: jmoney | October 25, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

I am a Tom Brady fan.

Posted by: Shawn Kemp | October 25, 2007 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I could have helped Tom Brady out of this mess.

Posted by: Scott Peterson | October 25, 2007 2:15 PM | Report abuse

i could have helped Brady too.

Posted by: Wire Coat Hanger | October 25, 2007 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Nothing says lunch better than a salad and chopped fruit (OK, so I'm cheap. So What)

Wayne,
Do you have something against outspoken player from THA U? Why don't you like Ray Lewis? Please don't say because he got away with murder.

That distinction belongs to another football player. Which makes me think...

Who do you hate most out these all-pro DBags?

Rae Carruth
Ray Lewis
O.J. Simpson
Ricky Williams
Lawerence Phillips
Chris Henry
Adam "Pacman" Jones
Michael Irvin (For one second, forget he played for Dallas)

Actually Ray Lewis dosen't deserve to be on the list. I think overall he is a good person who got caught in the wrong place...

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 25, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Here's one more thing to bring out Angry Joe

Precocious teen Coleman leaves Gibbs for full-time Nationwide ride with Brewco
-from Yahoo!News

I'd like to drive for Brewco, though.

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 25, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Wayne,
You're a lawyer, really? Good. Send me your info.

Three people you can't do without in life.

A doctor
A mechanic
A lawyer

All of em' can be vital on a day to day basis. Especially if your married or engage in some morally challenged activities, a lawyer can be your BFF!

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 25, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Wayne is a lawyer and I don't think he is a regular posing. I think he's probably a young kid.

He doesn't argue with any logic and just name calls. Not the MO of the regular that you are thinking about.

He may be a bulldog but he rarely makes comments like "knee pads" etc.

Posted by: Probably not who your thinking it is | October 25, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

SkinsRealist,

I would say that it is a tie between Micheal Irvin and OJ. The tie breaker is that Irvin was a cowgirl.

Posted by: gethanr13 | October 25, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

You've got some category busters on that list.

BTW, what about SMOOOOOOOOT and the love boat crew?

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 25, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

gethanr13,
I said forget he played with 'girls... I mean THE 'girls.

You just can't do it, huh? Lol!

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 25, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Carruth and OJ are just flat out murderers. The other guys are just garden variety DBags.

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 25, 2007 2:33 PM | Report abuse

And maybe Coooooley for getting that poor Redskinette fired.

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 25, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Rae Carruth and OJ should stand apart from the others because I'd hazard a guess that murder is a tad bit more egregious than any other transgressions from the people on that list. OJ is most hated by a slim margin since he actually did it himself and got away with it. Carruth paid someone to do it for him, got caught, and is doing time in the big house.

Posted by: Groin Strain | October 25, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I love Cooley, but I'll always hold that one agin him. She was turbo hot and I knew her sort of through a common friend.

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 25, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse

"Wayne,
Don't stop...keep bringing whatever you got.
(you're already in icon up here)"

Posted by: Stumped | October 25, 2007 12:56 PM

"Wo else is wearing the Clinton Portis knee-pads today? ..."

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 01:24 PM

Note: Removing the icon does not uninstall the program.

Posted by: dcsween | October 25, 2007 2:37 PM | Report abuse

A reason to root for the Rockies:

On July 22, 2007, Mike Coolbaugh was killed during a game with the Arkansas Travelers when a line drive hit by Drillers catcher Tino Sanchez struck him in the neck while he was standing in the first base coach's box in the ninth inning.
After the 2007 regular season, the Colorado Rockies announced that the players voted to award Coolbaugh's widow, Amanda, a full share of their playoff winnings after winning the National League wild card playoff berth. Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd said "when I heard about what the players did, I almost cried."
Just FYI, Coolbaugh's widow is pregnant and expecting her 3rd child any day now. Anyway, Go Rockies!

Posted by: Forrest | October 25, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

sween, true but at least you won't have to look at it anymore.

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 25, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

LMGO, sween

Posted by: Dik | October 25, 2007 2:40 PM | Report abuse

I know most people would say OJ, although here it may be Irvin.

I have to say it's Lawerence Phillips. Coming out of Nebraska he was considered one of the top future prospects. He played for Dick Vermeil and could not get his act together. We all know the types of allegations and charges he has faced but this is the one that did it for me.

Pure grade A, USDA certified piece of crap

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 25, 2007 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Ooops forgot about this, ahem... man.

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 25, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I must be too busy here since I wasn't able to tell if that was a knock or a compliment. Anyway, an icon? Here? What was that famous line by Groucho Marx? Re RayRay, I used the word 'hate' as a fan. Actually, I think when those 2 slobs got killed, a few people were looking around and notice Ray was at the scene and thought, WINDFALL. He is one of the most dominant players ever, one of the mose dedicated players ever and I know he's a gifted athlete but he's not fast, he's not huge but he is a ball-hawk. He is probably the epitome of an over-acheiver which rarely is a term applied to a sure-fire first ballot HOF'er. Is there anyone here that HASN'T done a Redskinette at some point? I think I was 21 back then.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Skins,

Yeah, but OJ had a stellar career in college, the pros and was one of my all time favorite character actors and he threw it all away because he couldn't get over his ex-wife not cheating on him.

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 25, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Forrest | October 25, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

So, defending yourself unsuccessfully against half a dozen disorderly conduct charges makes you a lawyer?

Posted by: Who Knew? | October 25, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Wayne- Not as fast as he use to be. Ray Lewis is the best MLB since Singletary, IMO.

Urlacher is the 2nd best.

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 25, 2007 2:50 PM | Report abuse

"Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50 - 50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that."

That will be my tribute to The Juice That Was.

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 25, 2007 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Wayne P. - Amusement Park Lawyer

Posted by: Mike H. | October 25, 2007 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Mike H. What IS the going rate for losing your feet at an amusment park? Maybe Jason can ask Danny that one.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 2:55 PM | Report abuse

My stupid job and students have kept me away from bloggin. Stupid U.S. American Public Education system!

Is registration really coming?

Do we know anything about Soups wrist?

Is The Mostly Invisible Receiver still on the team?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Posted by: sfskin | October 25, 2007 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Larry, you'd have never made it past voire dire. Can you say, preemtive strike? i knew you could.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 10:40 AM

What's wrong? Your App State professors didn't teach you how to spell "voir dire?" And perhaps you meant "peremptory strike?"

Posted by: A real lawyer from a real law school. Go back to class. | October 25, 2007 2:58 PM | Report abuse

sfskin -

Posted by: ask.com | October 25, 2007 2:58 PM | Report abuse

SkinsRealist, I agree RayRay is the best linebacker since..... But Singletary wasn't the warrior RayRay was/still sort of is. Lost a step? Ha. I remember that pick-6 in the SB in 2000 and I felt like I could have driven to the game and tackled him before he made it to the end zone. hyperbole? Sure. But I would say he is the best LB since LT. People feard them both in similar ways and they both took over games at times and literally made their teammates better. Something about Urlacher though....he's not doing much this year. Maybe it was that one night in Paris way back when.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 2:59 PM | Report abuse

perhaps Wayne is really George Bush - always has those preemptive strikes on the brain.

Posted by: mile high | October 25, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Actually, the word is "preemptive".

Posted by: ask.com | October 25, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Please son, let's not compare resumes. You might cry.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:01 PM | Report abuse

CO is that you? I laughed when I read that.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Is anyone picking us Sunday . . . to lose by less than 20 points?

Well besides people who drink Kool Aid like me? Yeah that's right I think we're gonna win. I believe in unicorns!

Posted by: sfskin | October 25, 2007 3:05 PM | Report abuse

JM220, the realist in me says barring a lot of weird sh*t, I think our playoff hopes went up in smoke last week.

Can't see us at 9-7 getting into the playoffs cause of division and conference losses, so we'd have to go 8-2 the rest of the season to make it. I don't see it happening, so the 2 games we frittered away (packers and the bears) are going to cost us

At this point, I'd consider the season a reasonable success if we beat Dallas twice, finish at .500, and salvage Winston Justice.

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | October 25, 2007 3:07 PM | Report abuse

sfskin -

Unclear at this time - ask again later.

Posted by: ask.com | October 25, 2007 3:07 PM | Report abuse

EaglesFan LMGO! I hear you on that one. Don't forget to add the G Men to that list.

Posted by: jm220 | October 25, 2007 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I would have loved to have gone to Yale like Bushy. Right near my old hometown of Avon. Anyway, back to the 'Skins....

I think there is a chance of an upset this Sunday in Foxborough. Hear me out... First and probably most important, it's supposed to rain. That usually turns the most high-powered passing attack into a run-first scheme due to the ball being a little 'mossy' (pun intended). I think there could be an edge to be had defensively. Also, this might be the loosest I have seen the coaching staff - ever. They are loose, comfortable and even humorous this week. No one is expecting them to prevail to the point where ESPN is already touting the matchup of the year in the colts and Pats playing next week as undefeated teams. The 'Pats' linebackers are their weak link so lets pund away with Betts and Sellers and Rock and even CP if he isn't out of breath and see what happens if it's still a game in the second half. You mean to tell me the man with the best afro this side of Fletch is going to let an opportunity to knock the living piss out or Moss go by? Lastly, I just don't get how the Pats are favored by more points than the 'Skins D has allowed all damn year.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:11 PM | Report abuse

While reading JLaC's article just now, I was wondering to myself - Is he talking about the '06 Redskins or the '07 Redskins. Because his tone is very similar to last year's article.

Last time I checked, we were 4-2.........

Posted by: 4th | October 25, 2007 3:13 PM | Report abuse

If the spread goes to 21, is that the 21 points necessary to win in the NFL? If the 'Skins are getting 21, haven't they already won? Take the points and bet the house and the under.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

4th I have been thinking the same thing the last couple of weeks.

Posted by: jm220 | October 25, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Actually, the word is "preemptive".

Posted by: ask.com | October 25, 2007 03:00 PM

Actually, when you're talking about taking people out of the jury pool, like you were, chief, you're talking peremptory strikes:

Preemptive strikes are what we do to middle eastern countries after a nominal sanction period. You Vermont State washout.

Posted by: A real lawyer | October 25, 2007 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Iggles? Who the hell are they? Is Westbrook out for the year? If he is it's goodnight Sally - not that it's not already. I think Reid and McPuke (McNabdominal hernia) are gone after this year. Donavan McNabb McSucks my McSack.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

thanks "A real lawyer" - I knew my law school dept wasn't a waste.

Posted by: mile high | October 25, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Actually you so-called lawyer, we don't, we have Israel do it. But I'll give you a C- for effort on that last one.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Please son, let's not compare resumes. You might cry.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 03:01 PM

I do cry with pride at the advancing achievements of your inaugural graduating class of the Ron Popeil Online School of Law. Congratulations, you're a winner, Wayne!

Posted by: A real lawyer who now has some billing to do. Out! | October 25, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Mr. Lawyer. I was simply responding to the misspelled word (preemtive). I was not looking to cull a jury pool.

Posted by: ask.com | October 25, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

And I have only been to Vermont once, skiing. I think the only reason anyone there liked me was because I was burning a doobie on the lift. HAHA.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

billable hours are for the iggles. gotta go in house.

Posted by: mile high | October 25, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

4th - I presume you found all the 411 you needed? I never heard back from you.

Posted by: mile high | October 25, 2007 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Nice to see Nate blogging in other arenas. I am surprised that he did not say "panties" with that first post.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Ask.Com? Is it possible that some, and by some I mean most, of these haters are on their wireless laptops reporting from a van down by the river?

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

If he were a real lawyer as stated, he'd be billing RIGHT NOW. HAHAHHA.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Preemptive actions make me tingley in my bathing suit area.

I would offer Tom Brady some mints then when he goes to reach for them punch him in the spleen.

HAIL!

Posted by: POOP | October 25, 2007 3:34 PM | Report abuse

wayne p. -

Anything is possible in an infinite universe.

Posted by: ask.com | October 25, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

But according to Sagan, the univese itself is finite and will eventually crash back in upon itself like the waves of a tsunami. Not totally unlike Clinton Portis' talent.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I think Tom Brady used one of my rubbers.

Posted by: George Costanza | October 25, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse

If I had the time to find it, I would cut and paste the post from last week where Wayne blasts all of the RI Nation for disagreeing with him. He said that we were jobless losers with nothing better to do than blog on RI.

Wayne, find yourself a mirror and drop the CP thing. That horse is dead and beaten.

Lisa, good job setting him straight.

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 25, 2007 3:41 PM | Report abuse

wayne p. -

Sagan was incorrect. Unfortunately, he died before discovering the truth.

Posted by: ask.com | October 25, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I always enjoyed him. I remember I used to think he spoke strangly but after listening to the guy for a while, he was as into the big bang theory as wilt Chamberlain.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:45 PM | Report abuse

I'd just like to say that I hit my 2k billable hour bonus the other day. Thanks GT.

I thought COskinsfan was the lawyer, am i thinking of Mile High?

Posted by: A Regularz | October 25, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Lisa setting me straight? On what? Proving me right that CP leaves the field when he's good and ready? Yeah, man you're so right, haha. You just proved me right - again. I guess I should thank you...

but I won't.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Man, center of attention on a blog?? That's a first for me. I think it's a safe assumption that a minimum of 65% of the posts here are directed toward me. Thanks. I love that some are so consumed with me.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:54 PM | Report abuse

CBT, just ITA.

Posted by: One of the many regulars | October 25, 2007 3:54 PM | Report abuse

CBT? I don't want anyone standing on my boys, HAHAH.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Not trying to state the obvious, but of the few lawyers that I know, they don't have a lot of free time to post messages on a Redskins blog for the majority of the day. Or ANY blog for that matter.

They're usually busy...

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | October 25, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

4th - I presume you found all the 411 you needed? I never heard back from you.

Posted by: mile high | October 25, 2007 03:28 PM

For right now, yes. I still have your ocntact info, though and I may have questions later in time. My fight to find out what happened isn't over yet, I'm just giving some peeps some time to do their work and then I'll have to see where I can go from there. Thanks for your offer. I appreciate what you and all the other blog peeps have done.

On this blog, I have gained contacts to 3 attornys, 2 media guys, and a praying man who I have faith in. not counting everyone elses prayers and thoughts and concerns over this time. So, I appreciate everyone so much.

I know Nate and others said that they want to do something in Saraye's honor, which sounds good to me. I was just waiting until the 2nd half of the season so we can get into all the specifics. This is a long season and my eye is def on the prize.....

Posted by: 4th | October 25, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Keep up the good work Wayne P.

I couldn't agree with you more on Clinton Portis. Betts should get twice as many carries as Portis.

Posted by: Richard Cranium | October 25, 2007 3:59 PM | Report abuse

CBT, just ITA.

Posted by: One of the many regulars | October 25, 2007 03:54 PM

You betcha. (saw Fargo again the other night - that is a great movie)

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 25, 2007 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Don't flatter yourself, Wayne P. Unless of course you enjoy having people sh!t on you?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:02 PM | Report abuse

He is too stupid to understand that he is the butt of the joke.

Posted by: Yes, I mean you | October 25, 2007 4:02 PM | Report abuse

There are 2 media guys on this blog? That should be a conflict of interest, shouldn't it?

Posted by: abe howard | October 25, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

I am a lawyer and I am not stupid.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stumped | October 25, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Haven't been around the last few days...

Okay, so Rock Cartwright leads the NFL with the highest KO return yard averages after his 80 yard (should have been longer) return that the offense squandered. We like Rock. Rock is good. Can we talk about his blocking? I don't see Rock making too many people miss, he's getting some amazing blocking and really doesn't see contact until the 25 yard line. Hooray for special teams. Just thought I'd give them a shout out.

PS- Is Wayne P. Nate in the PDX's evil twin?

Posted by: Dorf | October 25, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

does J La count as a media guy?

Posted by: mile high | October 25, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

I'm a lawyer too....

Posted by: Jackie Chiles | October 25, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Dumber -

BOOFER or Wayne P.

thoughts?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Wayne is dumber.

Boofer is just a kid.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Wayne,

Where did you get your JD from?

What type of Law do you practice?

How many numbers are in your Bar #?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Time change for cowgirls game

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Harvard
Trial

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Well it's almost happy hour time. for the record, 4:05 wasn't me. Have a good afternoon if that's possible here. Always remember.....

At Eastern Motors....
Yo job's yo cred-it.

When Clinton fumbles....
You 'bes fo-get-it.

four-hundred-fifty-thousand...
He gets per game.

then he rips of a run 8 yars or more...
And pulls up lame.

Let Clinton Portis....
Drop the ball again.

Watch Clinton Portis....
Run of the field for oxygen.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

you practice trial law? how special.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

4:14 was not me either

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

4:14 wasn't me either. But I do love the attention. Thanks and goodnight Gracy.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 4:18 PM | Report abuse

a lawyer who spends all day on a blog and leaves at 4:15 for happy hour? i'z just sayzin...

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Lol trial lawyer.

I have a mole I want to get rid of, any of you skin doctors?

You're a joke.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Wayne, this will help you answer the question

Posted by: A helpful hand | October 25, 2007 4:19 PM | Report abuse

c'mon people, stop wayning Wayne!

. . .

Oh . . .

Okay, uh, well never mind then.

Posted by: farstriker | October 25, 2007 4:20 PM | Report abuse

4:14 wasn't me either. But I do love the attention. Thanks and goodnight Gracy.

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 04:18 PM

not me

Posted by: Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: not Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 4:22 PM | Report abuse

has the blog been stuck for an hour and a half?

Posted by: Dik | October 25, 2007 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Then again the guy who picked the Skins over the Pats this wknd. ALSO picked the Saints to win this year's Super Bowl...

Posted by: skinz57 | October 25, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm actually a sanitary engineer.

Posted by: Not not Wayne P. | October 25, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

It's time to look past the Pats game.

We can make only a modest contribution to victory this week. The only way is to do a reverse unjinx by starting to talk Jets.

Jets game jibba jabba

So, I see the Jets game as a trap game. We're coming in 4-3, right, but the Jets are sitting at 1-7. Hungry, pissed-off, plus they're a New York team and we hate playing up in Jersey for some reason.

Big to get to 5-3. Don't fall for the trap!

Posted by: farstriker | October 25, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

wayne p. was just leaving. the blog will be fixed shortly

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Looks like our blog can add an out of work hamburger flipper to its cast of characters.

Try and guess who that is.

Posted by: One of the many regulars | October 25, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

*** Troll Stomp ***

STOMP STOMP STOMP

*** End Troll Stomp ***

Posted by: Dik | October 25, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Blog will be returning to normal.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Dorf, Wayne P. my evil twin? I can only interpret that as a compliment. You're too kind, sir.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 25, 2007 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Yes, JLaC counts as one media guy. And a reg blogger counts as another (in the media industry). I know there are more than 2 lawyers on this blog, but I was just counting the 2 that reached out to me or I reached out to them. The 3rd is not on this blog but was recommended to me from this blog who is helping me out.....

Posted by: 4th | October 25, 2007 4:35 PM | Report abuse

That has to be considered the ultimate compliment.

Posted by: nah | October 25, 2007 4:38 PM | Report abuse

return to normalcy has commenced

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

WOW.. Facts, we want to talk about facts?

CP hasn't missed a practice in over 5 weeks as far as any reporting I have read is concerned... so where is the proof he is missing once a week?

Facts - last week out of 46 total offensive plays, Portis carried the ball 18 times and was in on over half of the passing downs, which means he is in on 70% of the offensive downs. Not only that, but he was on the field for the ENTIRE offensive drive that lead to the first TD.

Fact - During the Packers game, every run Portis had for 6 yards or more, he actually stayed ON the field and even carried it again.

So where is it that he keeps taking himself out of the game again?

Fact - During week 1 when the line was healthier and Portis was supposedly not in full game shape, he had 5.76 YPC

Fact - Portis has had at least 1 or more runs for over 15 yards in every game save for 1 (it was only 13 yards), yet Betts has only managed two runs over 13 yards all year.

Now just where does this prove his missing preseason has hindered him more so then Offensive line whoas?

FACTS:

Game one - Portis - 17 Carries for 98 yards (5.76 YPC)
Betts - 17 Carries for 59 Yards (3.47 YPC)

We lost Jansen early in the 1st quarter, but we still had 4 out of 5 starters and 1 capable backup playing.

Game two - Portis - 17 carries for 69 yards (2.46 YPC)
Betts - 6 carries for 14 yards (2.3 YPC)

We lost Thomas early in the 2nd Qtr and the rookie Heyer comes in.

Game three - Portis - 14 carries for 60 yards (4.2 YPC)
Betts - 7 carries for 9 yards (1.28 TPC) Note: Bett's longest run went for 13 yards, which means he was tackled for losses more often then not)

Heyer is replaced by Wade (a better option for the position)

Game four - Portis - 18 Carries for 72 yards (4 YPC)
Betts - 8 carries for 22 yards (2.75 YPC)

2nd week in a row line stays healthy.

Game five - Portis - 20 carries for 64 yards (3.2 YPC) Note: In the first half, portis had a 3.8 YPC. In the second half with all the lineman injuries he dropped to 2.9.
Betts - 3 carries for 10 yards (3.3 YPC) Note: (2 of Betts carries are in the first half, only carries once for 1 yard in the second)

The second half is when Rabach went down early, then Wade went out, then Heyer gets hurt and wade (injured) comes back in.

Game 6 - Portis - 18 carries 43 yards (2.38 YPC)
Betts - 3 carries 12 yards (4 YPC) Note: 10 yards were gained on one run

Entire game played with backup center, back-up tackle and backup guard.

Somehow.. in my mathematical mind... there is clearly a trend with ALL the running backs suffering from the lack of ability and continuity on the offensive line. But then again... you're a lawyer who can do nothing better then to call people names and claim unsupported facts. Maybe it's just me???

Posted by: FBChick | October 25, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Game, set, match, FBChick! 6-0, 6-0.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:45 PM | Report abuse

*Zing*

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Wayne P is not a lawyer - unless he has been disbarred. A lawyer would not have the time to rant on a blog all day.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

I like how this game is shaping up against the Pats...

It would be interesting to see how Jason Campbell plays even if we're down. I don't think it will be a blowout because of our defense. I can see quite a few PI calls though. This is where the Skins need to grow up. Catch the ball and hold the ball.

If by chance the Redskins win this game, then they'll probably lose to the Jets.

Posted by: sicwidit | October 25, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Playoffs? You want to talk about Playoffs?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:56 PM | Report abuse

FBChick, how dare you bring analysis and support your opinions. This is a place where rumor and inuendo (sp?) reign supreme.

Well done.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Poste la diablo Clinton Portis lin en la sanktan urbon, kaj starigis lin sur la tegmenta pinto de la templo.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 4:59 PM | Report abuse

if you're an inhouse lawyer esp in gov you have more time to screw around than anyone minus the busy season which lasts about 2-3 months

Posted by: dealer | October 25, 2007 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Did I miss something? I thought Wayne P. said he went to a better law school that someone else. I don't remember him saying he was a lawyer.

Is it the Jets on the schedule after the Pats? Can't talk about that yet, even as a reverse jinx un-trap game. Million years away. Just like the attention span of a coked up hamster only lasts for seconds in the past, thinking beyond the next week is well nigh impossible.

That said, looks like Vilma is out for a while. Bad knee or hip or attitude or something.

Posted by: dcsween | October 25, 2007 5:11 PM | Report abuse

fbchick, wd!!!! And thank u for correcting jason on his erroneous reporting that cp is not in "game shape" its week EIGHT e!!!

Posted by: dealer | October 25, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Well done.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 04:57 PM

Well.... I must apologize and retracked all the facts stated above and instead begin the renewed rant to get Receiver, The in the game so he can whiff on some more passes ;)

I am after all.. still new to this blog thing!

Posted by: FBChick | October 25, 2007 5:22 PM | Report abuse

FBChick, are you really a chick? or is your last name Hernandez?

In general, among the chick bloggers, there seems to be a higher percentage that actually can talk credible football compared to dudes.

So is the ONLY thing the Pats having going against them the bit about Ben Watson and Sammy Morris being out? Crap sandwich.

Posted by: dcsween | October 25, 2007 5:27 PM | Report abuse

WHERE is the "update?"

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 5:28 PM | Report abuse

This isn't a prediction as much as a prayer ... that the Skins' D keeps the Pats to below their lowest point total this season (34).

Posted by: dcsween | October 25, 2007 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Stumped - thanks for the unicorn! It's a little bit too "My Little Pony" for my taste but hey beggars can't be choosers.

So umm we could kinda claim home field this weekend after all we were orignally the Boston Braves. Mind you I don't think the Pats fans know or care but still.

Posted by: sfskin | October 25, 2007 5:35 PM | Report abuse

BTW - anything in particular provoke registration movement? I'm not opposed at all just curious.

Also F people who start fires!

Posted by: sfskin | October 25, 2007 5:39 PM | Report abuse

anything in particular provoke registration movement?

fakey mcfakeltons who fake.
and wayne p.

Posted by: abe howard | October 25, 2007 5:41 PM | Report abuse

John Clayton and I are the only ones giving the skins a chance on Sunday.

Posted by: Negatron | October 25, 2007 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Registration? Perfect timing, since I'll need a new blog moniker next week.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 25, 2007 6:10 PM | Report abuse

I will be a disappointed if WaPo ever goes the user id route. I enjoy the random comments from "Jackie Chiles," "Joe Gibbs," "The Receiver," et. al.

The impersoNATErs are a minor inconvenience that I am willing to tolerate to keep this as an open community.

Just my $.02.

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 25, 2007 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Actually, some of the regulars (did I say Wayne or just think him?) are minor inconveniences that I am willing to tolerate, too.

JK Wayne - you know we love you and all your lawyer posing. It cracks me up every time you act all lawyerly.

Posted by: Cindy's boy toy | October 25, 2007 6:13 PM | Report abuse

sfskin,
Yeah, I picked the most hideously cloying unicorn (and rainbow, cause we are definitely way over that) I could find.

I'd really like to find an edgier image, kind of My Little Pony meets Blue Velvet unicorn, but alas!

Posted by: Stumped | October 25, 2007 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Cindy,

Does registration mean you can only comment under one name or does it just make all the comments traceable to a user?

I like some of the anonymous posts and the pseudo-posts. But FAKERS I cannot abide.

Posted by: Stumped | October 25, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Maybe wapo.com could come up with a way for us to register behind the scenes using our real identity, and allow us to assume our own personal nom de blog for purposes of posting -

Posted by: John D in Houston | October 25, 2007 6:44 PM | Report abuse

What an awesome 24 hours. Bought a new car yesterday, and saw Chris Cornell last night. Blew me away. Was expecting a lot of his solo stuff on acoustic, but it was full band rocking their a$$es off. Was like seeing Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple Of The Dog playing together, with a little Cornell on the side. Definitely recommend it.

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 6:58 PM | Report abuse

I think that early in the game, we should lay a big hit on Brady. Even if we incur a flag for a late hit. Just let him know we're going to be around all day.

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Gee, bit quiet today!

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 7:42 PM | Report abuse

pink thongs

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 7:47 PM | Report abuse

C'mon now, don't discriminate, colour doesn't matter, any thong is a good thong.

Although over here thongs are what you call flip-flops, and we call thongs G-Strings, or colloqially a G-Banger.

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Skinz link from way up the post.

The guy from the US Today who picked us is named 'Skip Wood' and he looks it. His super bowl pick is the Saints.

Posted by: M&M | October 25, 2007 8:06 PM | Report abuse

i use g-strings as dental floss, can't get enough of the booty

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 8:08 PM | Report abuse

I am clueless about registering but sounds like advertising to me.

They only real info they can get or I would give is the e-mail.

You have to login to the post now anyway but I did not have to give them my real e-mail, but that was a long time ago. 4 years?

Old media can be slow but they might have found out that no one will give them there real info if the don't have too.

This is because we don't what junk mail jammed up are F A*s.

If this has to be done I would like to be able to reserve our call sing but also put what we want save for what other people have reserved.

Either way I would go for less rules vs more.

Posted by: M&M | October 25, 2007 8:16 PM | Report abuse

I killed the blog.

Posted by: M&M | October 25, 2007 8:20 PM | Report abuse

FBChick, are you really a chick? or is your last name Hernandez?

Posted by: dcsween | October 25, 2007 05:27 PM

I think the hubby might be a little scared if I wasn't a chick

and Thank you

Posted by: FBChick | October 25, 2007 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sfskin | October 25, 2007 05:39 PM

I'm only for registration so I can't forget to post my own name!

Posted by: FBChick | October 25, 2007 8:28 PM | Report abuse

M&M, we'll be right, you handle the mouth to mouth, and I'll get the chest pumping!

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 8:35 PM | Report abuse

FBChick - Nice work with the stats above. Since I don't get to see many games, seeing stats like that paint a clearer picture for me. Makes me feel better that our running games lack of production is more because of O-Line troubles than it is Clinton's demise. Makes sense though. Have a look at the Rams.

82.6 Rush Yds/game at 3.5 per carry, compared to last season 112.8 @ 4.3

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Kost, what kind of car did you buy? Forgive my ignorance, but do you manufacture any cars in Oz, or is it all just beer and boomerangs?

Posted by: SMACK | October 25, 2007 8:46 PM | Report abuse

i use g-strings as dental floss, can't get enough of the booty

Posted by: | October 25, 2007 08:08 PM

Would you just leave us alone already, Wayne?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Only the upper class drive cars, most people just get around on the back of Kangaroos, much better for the environment.

Yeah we have Ford, Holden (General Motors), Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi etc.

While we have the same car "brands" the models are for the most part different to what you guys would have.

I've just bought a Subaru GT Forester, not sure if you have them over there.

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 8:51 PM | Report abuse

kost52, so many people here are down on CP and LB, they don't seem to realize the o-line play has been just average at best. Fabini is no Randy Thomas. They have stopped all the pulling and traps that Randy was so good at. The seem to be doing a lot more zone blocking schemes. Sometimes I think the are not comfortable with that because you see whiffs or non-blocks. Defensive guy just let go free for no apparent reason. Wade seems to excel at pass blocking the most. I don't understand why they won't run more quick WR throws or bubble screens on first down. I would be interested to see the % of runs on first down is and broken down by first half and second half. Jasno, Elias Sports stats call?

Posted by: noone from tampa | October 25, 2007 8:56 PM | Report abuse

remember f=ma when buying a car

force = mass * acceleration

go for mass, better survivability

best thing I learned in physics class

Posted by: noone from tampa | October 25, 2007 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 08:51 PM

Oof, that sounds painful. Funny though.

Posted by: SMACK | October 25, 2007 9:11 PM | Report abuse

FBChick, are you really a chick? or is your last name Hernandez?

Posted by: dcsween | October 25, 2007 05:27 PM

I think the hubby might be a little scared if I wasn't a chick

and Thank you

I read some where that women felt the need too be prepared and have information before they talked in a in the professional world. Our blog chicks rule.

That is sort of the opposite of the other 9 hours a day.

Posted by: M&M | October 25, 2007 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Ms England is a freaking hottie!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 25, 2007 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Ref Australian Autos:

Same cars different names.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 9:33 PM | Report abuse

f=ma?

f*ma

f* ma

f* MA!

Oh, I get it, an anti-Pats post.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

And f* brady

Posted by: farstriker | October 25, 2007 9:39 PM | Report abuse

where is everyone tonite? Grey's Anatomy or VT-BC watching

Posted by: noone from tampa | October 25, 2007 9:40 PM | Report abuse

f*moss too

Posted by: noone from tampa | October 25, 2007 9:44 PM | Report abuse

noone, if I get some time, and some beers, over the weekend I'll give the 1st down Rush % a berl.

I'm here, at work, but you might say, I'm looking California and feeling Minnesota.

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the college football #2 is going down again. Just like USF. What a year, when they planned these Thursday night games they had no idea what they had on their hands.

Posted by: SMACK | October 25, 2007 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone honestly think USF or BC is the second best team in the country? I'm not buying it.

Someone is still rocking outshined the day after the show. Saw him over the summer too. Good stuff.

Posted by: cdubb | October 25, 2007 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Kost,

Where are you in "stralia"? Most of my Mums family is in Newcastles with a couple in St. Ives in Sydney.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:04 PM | Report abuse

One other thing. F logins. If you don't like what is posted, skip over it.

Posted by: cdubb | October 25, 2007 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Fletcher named Week 7 GMC Defensive Player of the Week

Posted by: JustMe | October 25, 2007 10:07 PM | Report abuse

cdubb- CHAMP!

Skinz, I'm in Melbourne mate. Haven't really travelled to far from here either. Not so much because I'm scared of travel, just a combination of being content where I am, and being very lazy.

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Ah, never made it down there. So you are a Union guy?

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:09 PM | Report abuse

i meant Rugby Union. I always confuse the two Rugby League is mostly Sydney and Union is more Melbourne and all that right?

Don't worry I won't ask you who you "root" for as that always draws snickers from my cousins.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Hooray for LFB!

Hooray for Va Tech!

Hooray for kost getting a car so he can finally leave the Melbourne city limits!

Hooray for "gating" blog comments behind registration/login!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 25, 2007 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Melbourne is just across the state on I-4, about a 3 hour drive...

LOL

Posted by: noone from tampa | October 25, 2007 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th via Home Floor | October 25, 2007 10:17 PM | Report abuse

Melbourne is more Aussie Rules, but we're a bit of everything. League is probably bigger here, but not by that much. Mostly because Melbourne Storm won the NRL this year, so everyone's along for the ride.

You here often?

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 10:21 PM | Report abuse

4th you don't like Whitlock? I don't always agree with what he says but I think he shoots straight. Doesn't seem to have agendas like Lenny P. and rarely minces words.

Nate,

You're really excited for registration? I think it's going to ruin the "stream of consciousness" that was the heart and soul of the blog. I understand it's benefits but I think it won't be the same.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Nate, you're in a very cheery mood mate. Any reason in particular? Or just no reason not to be!

Posted by: kost52 | October 25, 2007 10:23 PM | Report abuse

We have Suburus Kost. The commercials for them from a few years back involved 'Crocidile Dundee'. So you decided to go domestic, eh?

Posted by: 4th | October 25, 2007 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Not often. I was there this summer before that two years. I spent quite a few summers there as a child in Jesmond near New Castle but ít's not as easy to get the time off these days to make the trip worth it.

I was there this summer when the tanker ran ashore in New Castle when everyone in the town was transfixed by it. I got to climb the Sydney Harbor bridge which was cool and enjoyed a couple Bees Knees which are excellent. I didn't mind the MB's either first time i'd had them although I'm still partial to VB's.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:26 PM | Report abuse

P.S. I still like Coopers red best of the mainstream beers and man do I love my meat pies. I almost never feel like a Toohey's or two.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:28 PM | Report abuse

This is a great column -- I love Uni Watch -- and even though it's concerned with the Cowboys' uniform, I think you'll agree it's written in a spirit most of us will appreciate.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 25, 2007 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Skinz - He does have an agenda. Straight from Asante Sameuls tatoo - "Get Paid".

Have you read Etan Thomas' open letter to Whitlock. I basically agree with 99% of what Thomas wrote to Whitlock. he writes these articles to create more readers for the paper and websites. Just like this blog. The more views, the more the advertisers pay.

I only agreed with him twice - for calling out Snoop Jackson and Michael A Smith (the BBall analyst) and refusing to bash Barry Bonds on the SportsReporters on ESP of N. But after he left ESPN, he went crazy. His points are off and he is contributing to all the negativity that he writes about.....

Posted by: 4th | October 25, 2007 10:31 PM | Report abuse

I have to confess I 'haven't paid it that much attention 4th. I'll check it out. I always felt like he wrote öutside the box" and I appreciated that.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Skinz, I completely understand that the blog won't be the same in the sense that anonymous comments will never occur, and it's less likely we'll see as many "good fakes" like people posting as Vinny Cerrato, Joe Gibbs, etc. Sure, that will be different.

But what I'm most pleased is that after registration/login is required, there will never, ever be anyone posting a comment using someone else's established blog nickname. Nobody but me will ever post a comment attributed to "Nate in the PDX." This goes for me, for jm220, for Lisa, for Wayne P., for every single one of us who has ever been spoofed.

I can't stress enough how upsetting it was to have someone else post a bunch of comments as "Nate in the PDX" a while back. I know it seems stupid to just about everybody for me to get so upset, but trust me, it just about ruined my interest in this blog, after putting in God knows how many hours and thousands of (inane, sure, but whatevs) comments.

I begged Cindy to make the change to require reg/login, though I know it's a very big deal to WashPo to make that change because they are probably concerned they'll see a drop in traffic.

I believe we'll actually see a RISE in traffic, as people who've been turned off by the Wild West nonsense (I'm looking at you, Megskin) and people who never wanted to join such a mess in the first place decide to participate a lot more.

In any event, Hail to the Blog!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 25, 2007 10:37 PM | Report abuse

I get that Nate, I had that happen a couple times last year and on the blog your "name" is all you've got so being an imposter is a "big deal" as the RI blog goes. Like I said, I wonder if it won't ruin the blogs personality although it aint what it used to be anyway.

For the record a while back when I said that, in that instance, using someone else's name wasn't a big deal. It was because the person clearly spoofed the person he was impersonating. Much in the sense that the Daily Show says things that would get Brian Williams sued. By no means is actually impersonating someone ok.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Whoa! A Goonies moment, but I whole heartedly agree with you.

I view this blog as diversion from the 'real world' for me. Especially when I was at my old job and had very little work to do or I was working those long hours earlier this year (I know some of you remember me posting until midnight while working since 9 am), I basically spilled my heart and life out and you guys gave me some encourging words. I honestly felt I spilled too much of my life on this blog. And all that happened before my daughter passed........

Posted by: 4th | October 25, 2007 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Night all.

Posted by: Skinz | October 25, 2007 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I have to say it's been disconcerting, after not having spotted any falsely attributed comments for a while, to have seen a whole bunch of them attributed to jm220 and now Wayne P. in the past few days.

I've taken a hard line on this. Whether or not you can obviously tell the difference doesn't matter to me one whit... I want the whole practice to be ended.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 25, 2007 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Va Tech taking a page from the Skins' playbook, getting an INT in BC territory and turning it into... nothing. And now BC is driving quickly downfield. Oh well.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 25, 2007 10:53 PM | Report abuse

Its a game again!

Posted by: 4th via Home Floor | October 25, 2007 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Simply Sensational!

Posted by: 4th | October 25, 2007 11:08 PM | Report abuse

Amazing end to the BC/Va Tech game. I know Hokie fans are sick to their stomachs.

Posted by: JustMe | October 25, 2007 11:12 PM | Report abuse

Man that was the same script as that crazy Skins comeback down in Big D in '05. Wild.

Posted by: SMACK | October 25, 2007 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Guys, everyone keeps talking about the O-line this and the O-line that. However, Redskins WERE able to score in the first half of these games and looked decent at it. Granted some players dropped the ball (or fumbled at crucial times) but I feel in my gut ("feeling his guts out") that the coaches are trying to sit on the lead and 'play it safe'.
We all know the 'Skins want to be a smash-mouth-run-them-over team but they don't have the parts right now to do that. Instead of trying fit the current players into that mold the coaches (gibblets and Wierd Al) should really consider adjusting their schemes to fit the players. If this group does better in pass-protection then work that in. Work on getting the ball out of Soups hands quickly. Cooley cannot waste game-time blocking all the time. Put him in the slot. Take shots downfield. Damn. Do something. HOw can they just mindlessly try to 'pound the ball' as much as they when it's not there.

Posted by: Jack | October 25, 2007 11:14 PM | Report abuse

DC United and the Series on tonight too. My remote control thumb is more exhausted than CP after a student body left for -2.

Posted by: SMACK | October 25, 2007 11:16 PM | Report abuse

For week 1 what we did on 1st down...

Run Pass 1HR 1HP 2HR 2HP
75% 25% 70% 30% 71% 29%

Posted by: noone from tampa | October 25, 2007 11:18 PM | Report abuse

forgot OT

Run 100%
Pass 0%

Posted by: noone from tampa | October 25, 2007 11:19 PM | Report abuse

DC United #$%#$%#%%#$%. They take "attack you idiots" to a new level, need to change it to "just score, baby".

Posted by: cload and daggar | October 25, 2007 11:29 PM | Report abuse

Jack,

I agreed with your lastest post.

On another topic, are you Wayne P.?

Posted by: bangkokben | October 25, 2007 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Steven Bartman has a better chance of scoring in Chicago than DC United.

Posted by: SMACK | October 25, 2007 11:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK | October 25, 2007 11:14 PM

The Monday Night classic was waaaay better. 2 bombs to win it....

Posted by: 4th | October 25, 2007 11:39 PM | Report abuse

DCU let me down tonight. They were on their heels all night. The Fire wanted it more.

Posted by: mmok | October 25, 2007 11:39 PM | Report abuse

But it was kind of fun to flip over the BC/VT and watch Lane Stadium go silent.

Posted by: mmok | October 25, 2007 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Week 2 with a 2nd half lead

Run 85& Pass 15% on 1st down in 2nd half

1st half 63%-38%

overall 72%-28%

Posted by: noone from tampa | October 25, 2007 11:45 PM | Report abuse

noone,

I'm going to be in Tampa for the Jets game. Any suggestions for a spot with Skins fans? Must serve alcoholic beverages!

Posted by: cosmofla | October 25, 2007 11:52 PM | Report abuse

It's such a sickening display at Fenway, that I am actually hoping that the Skins beat the Pats, the Sox, and the BC Eagles. Somebody's gotta take the air out of Greater Boston's sails.

Posted by: SMACK | October 25, 2007 11:53 PM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise Punts on Redskins

Remember all the excitement last year when Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder invested in Tom Cruise's movie career?

Well, that episode is over.

Sources tell me that the deal Cruise and Paula Wagner made with Snyder was bought out sometime in the last few months. The change came when the pair's money came through from Merrill Lynch to finance the films they wanted to make for United Artists.

The end of Snyder as a partner no doubt came as a relief to all sides. Snyder -- as I reported last year when all the back-patting was going on -- was an odd choice for a partner. He's a top Republican fundraiser and such a good friend of George W. Bush that he was one of the people who convinced him to run for president.

Cruise and Wagner, on other hand, are committed Democrats. They've given and raised money for Dem causes partly through their association with Creative Artists Agency.

More importantly, Cruise/Wagner and the revived United Artists are about to release Robert Redford's anti-Bush, anti-war "Lions for Lambs." The daring film -- starring Cruise, Meryl Streep and Redford -- is said to be "balanced," but nevertheless would have caused Snyder a lot of uneasy moments at White House dinners.

Ironically, Snyder also purchased Dick Clark Productions this year, which includes the fabled Golden Globes TV broadcast. Cruise is a favorite of the Globes, as are Streep and Redford.

United Artists, by the way, is still part of MGM. And that little studio is currently in release with a film that everyone wants to see -- Craig Gillespie's "Lars and the Real Girl." This Ryan Gosling flick is the sleeper gem of the season. If it's playing anywhere near you this weekend, see it without fail. You won't be disappointed.

Posted by: 4th via Fox Business News | October 26, 2007 12:03 AM | Report abuse

I don't think I would want to be a season a ticket holder anymore. And nothing but official RI T-Shirts from now on!

Posted by: 4th | October 26, 2007 12:08 AM | Report abuse

4th, somebody linked to an item which disputed that Snyder/Cruise item, said they are still very much a couple. I'll see if I can dig it up...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 26, 2007 12:39 AM | Report abuse

I have seen a few comments about old superbowls on here....Fortunately some of us have all 3 Conference Championship Games along with all 3 Superbowl Winning games in their entirety on DVD :)

Posted by: Leevi | October 26, 2007 1:08 AM | Report abuse

Nice, Leevi, nice... I am a bit jealous.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 26, 2007 1:22 AM | Report abuse

This is utterly reprehensible.

"[Dolphin MLB Zach Thomas] and his wife were driving after the Dolphins' 49-28 loss to the New England Patriots last weekend when their vehicle was hit on Florida's Turnpike. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, they were rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic by a driver wearing Patriots attire.

As if we needed more reasons to hate the Pats and their dopey fans.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 26, 2007 1:24 AM | Report abuse

Interesting fact about both of these defenses - 3rd down conversions. NE's D is first and DC's is second.

Posted by: bangkokben | October 26, 2007 6:16 AM | Report abuse

Nate - Fox Business News is pretty acurate in these instances...........

Posted by: 4th | October 26, 2007 6:56 AM | Report abuse

Mornin' Blog!

I'M AN UNCLE! And not to a monkey either! My brother's wife just popped out their first kid, well about 4 hours ago now.

He's healthy and, get this, his name is Jansen!

My brother is a Seahawk's fan, but was once a skins fan. Jansen is apparently an old Norwegian family name on his wife's side.

Anyway, the way I'm telling the story is that he had a "come to Joe Gibbs" moment and named his kid after Jon.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Posted by: Larry Bud | October 26, 2007 7:32 AM | Report abuse

Congrats Larry Bud, that's great news. I have many nieces and nephews and it never gets old.

Posted by: mmok | October 26, 2007 7:55 AM | Report abuse

Congrats LB.

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 8:27 AM | Report abuse

I know it's platitudes but still:

"Belichick did say of Joe Gibbs: "To be compared or even mentioned in the same sentence with him is a huge compliment"

I like Grilliams' attitude:

Williams said he had nothing to do with the Redskins' defensive players offering only the blandest of cliches in an effort to not discuss the Patriots.

"They're scared," he said of his defensive players, then laughed.

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 8:45 AM | Report abuse

congrats larry bud Ill say a prayer for you and our beluved redskins? they are 17 pts underdog as they should be and i dont think it will be pretty!

Posted by: jm220 | October 26, 2007 8:45 AM | Report abuse

You need to do a better job if you are going to try and copy JM. He uses proper capitalization and punctuation. Them Texas school systems are lettin' you down boi!

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 8:48 AM | Report abuse

skinz
dont be a knucklehead Smack to the back of the head! Belecheat says that about every coach and team they play so his players wont let theyre guard down on any opponent and it excuses Belecheat when he RUNS the SCORE up like on miami last week!!

Posted by: jm220 | October 26, 2007 8:49 AM | Report abuse

jm220
wat up boi? Sorry for doughting u my man, you are right and i accept that smack!

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 8:56 AM | Report abuse

8:56 wasn't me. Won't be posting for a while.

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Da Truef | October 26, 2007 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Too bad this will be the last week for Fakey McA$$clown. We sure won't miss him. Sayonara, Schmuck.

Posted by: not Fakey | October 26, 2007 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Mornin' all!

That's great news, LB!! Congratulations!

All Hail Lil' Jansen! Love the Skins tie in. You gotta get him a mini-jersey ;-)

Drive the in-laws nuts he he he.

I don't have the Troll Stompin' bootz on today, just rain golashes. So if stompin' needs doin' - someone else'l have to step up.

On to Redskins stuff. I'm not sure I'm feelin' the 'Skins disclosed mindset with the game this week. I would have thought they accentuate the successes they've had thus far and try to instill a little early 'fear of Area51'.

That being said, I believe their approach has been unique. I am anxious to see how it works.

HAIL!

Posted by: Dik | October 26, 2007 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Skinz how could you fall for that without the hammer in hand?

Posted by: jm220 | October 26, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

JM I didn't fall for it. I knew it wasn't you. That was a fake "skinz" post.

Speaking of which, with the registration I think I need a new name. I wrote "skinz" last year responding to Boofer when POOP linked me him talking SJK and I hate the name.

Any suggesttions? (While sjkhole, sjkhead, sjkweek, sjk for brains all describe me well I won't be choosing them. :)

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I didn't see your name before I made my first post last week. My apologies, Mr. Skinz. Perhaps I'll find a new name to post to as well...

Posted by: skinz57 | October 26, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

"Skinhead"? - eh, that has racist connotations which have no place in the discussion of this team.

Uncle Larry, congrats, dude. "Jansen Bud" sounds like a strain of strong, reliable weed that you really miss when it's gone.

We need some TCCLs to get this baby rolling into the weekend.

F the Patriots.

F Bill Belichick.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 26, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

57,

It doesn't bother me at all. It's a different name.

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Good mornin' everyone.

Posted by: SkinsRealist | October 26, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Congrats LB, Jansen is a great name, definatly got to get a jersey for him.

HTTR

F Injuries

Posted by: SAK | October 26, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Re: WashTimes Article

That was a great piece of work compared to the constant battering of statistics to say we don't get it done on paper. Just break down the game baby.

Relaying the story of the unstoppable '99 Rams (w/ WR Coach Saunders) 1st being stopped by a Williams Defensive coached Titans was great. It had very much relevance to this game today. Also, that matchup was an interconference division matchup as well.....

Posted by: 4th | October 26, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Hey any of the the NYC and New England people going to the game? Trying to find some friendly faces to hang out with in the parking lot

Posted by: connskins | October 26, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

anybody have any links to boston/new england area news sources that can give us an idea of what the patriots are saying about sunday's game

Posted by: sniksder | October 26, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | October 26, 2007 10:24 AM | Report abuse

boston.com - sorry i know that, I used to live with a chowd.

Posted by: nah | October 26, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

"He's a beast," Jets LB Jonathan Vilma said of Taylor (Vilma and Taylor were Teammates at Miami) . "Point blank, he's a beast. That's the most dangerous guy I've ever been around. He'll hit you if you get in his way, even if you're teammates. If you're running down the line and he's your teammate, look over your shoulder for No. 26. If you do, move, because he'll hit you."

Posted by: Anonymous | October 26, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Does anybody know the history behind why the NFL doesn't play a Sunday night game during the World Series? Was there some decree, or some inter-sport treaty? They should line up the Rams vs. Chiefs or some sjk, and crush baseball!

Maybe NFL Network is showing a replay of the Quarterback Challenge or something.

Posted by: SMACK | October 26, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Just my guess but I would think it wouldn't make sense for either league to go head-to-head. I doubt their advertisers would like it.

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

All part of the package teevee deals, I think, SMACK. There is definitely a game four on that Sunday night, and it's on FOX, and FOX is an NFL broadcast partner...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 26, 2007 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Yet NFL goes up against NFL every weekend.

Posted by: SMACK | October 26, 2007 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I have this feeling that in the second half (or maybe right from the start) that NE is going to put 8 in the box and/or blitz most of the time and force JC to throw.

Posted by: charlie | October 26, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK | October 26, 2007 10:28 AM

It's an agreement between the leagues. If they go head to head, it will cut into both of their ratings, which means less advertising $$, which means less $$ for the owners, which means less $$ all around in both leagues.

This is similar to the time 3 years ago when the NFL gave a bye to the 'Skins and Ravens in freakin Week 3 due to a request by the PGA playing the President's Cup (I think) @ congressional.....

Posted by: 4th | October 26, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I see that ESPN has seen fit to air a college football game Sunday night, so all hope is not abandoned up here.

Thanks guys. Now back to Sunday's apocalypse.

Posted by: SMACK | October 26, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

SMACK, agreed that there are almost always multiple regular season games in each of the Sunday daytime slots, and by definition that means the league's having to choose what to air... but having become an a sports bar devotee, it's actually pretty cool having a bunch of games on at once.

And it bears noting that NFL playoff games never go head to head against each other.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 26, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Here's a blast from the past:
I had this poster when I was young. These are the uni's I want to see for the next throwback game!

Posted by: DanO | October 26, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

I can't see them doing anything else, Charlie. That's the skinny on the Skinz - make the new(ish) QB beat ya.

But here's our trump, hopefully - The last time a team w/ a questionable secondary tried that on us, Soup became offensive player of the week... Now, that all hinges on the OLine - so I hope they're in good form.

The only way I see us winning this is if we keep our heads on straight. NE is gonna beat ya on some plays. But if you keep your cool & play your best - then this team is built to beat a team like New England.

Smack those receivers early - and get to Tommy Boy if you can. Once they're rattled, we got a shot.

Posted by: Dik | October 26, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | October 26, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

TV dollars and ad revenues make for strange bedfellows indeed.

I'm just flashing back to the dark days, when as a lad, the ticking sound of CBS' 60 Minutes foretold the end of the weekend as I knew it, and the green beans I would soon be made to eat.

Posted by: SMACK | October 26, 2007 11:25 AM | Report abuse

In england they do something very much like the NFL on Sundays although teams will play more than 1 time a week.

You get local market saturation over the whole country. So Bud light can get national/local adds with one buy.

Also this makes for more energy. 'New fans' get into he web of excitment as much as the game it self. Example, think about Redskins or Penn State game day vs regular season basketball in the NBA. No contest in terms of energy.

Posted by: M&M | October 26, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Aaah, 60 minutes......with commercials for the Ford "Riggo's" Ranger, and OH WHAT A FEELING.....Toy-o-ta!

Posted by: DanO | October 26, 2007 11:33 AM | Report abuse

...and people punching Mike Wallace in the nose... hahahahahah

Posted by: Dik | October 26, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

And Andy Rooney was only 74 back then.

Posted by: SMACK | October 26, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Boston-related and previously mentioned up here, the Sam Adams vs. Sam Adams story continues...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 26, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Anyone notice how the Redskins have turned around their defensive personnel in one off season, and what's even more amazing is that Gregg Williams has been able to maximize the talents of less gifted players. Let's take a look.

London Flecher- free agent BEAST!
Randall Godfrey...got him out of retirement and has filled in nicely for Marcus Washington
Fred Smoot...Personally, I think he's better than Rogers. He has that swagger a corner needs and tackles better.
Montgomery, Golston, and Wilson... all younguns, that are playing well.
Andre Carter- who many said was another free agent bust.
Griffin and Daniels... are playing like they want to be around another year. Griffin is the anchor of that line.
Laron Landry...he's the reason why Sean T. leads the league in INT's
Sean Taylor...Uh oh...we're gonna have to PAY him with the season he's having.

As much looking backwards as we do, you have to give Greg Williams credit...he has this defense on the same after a horrible season. If Gibbs goes, I don't see why Williams shouldn't get a chance. He seems to get the players motivated.

Coach Gibbs...'We need every swingin' soul..."

Greg Williams...Y'all mutha***uckers better hit somebody in the mouth...punk a** bi**ch!

Give me Gibbs on Tuesday and Williams on gameday!!!!

Posted by: sicwidit | October 26, 2007 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I know everyone's talking about how great the Pats are, and they are very good, no doubt. I just want to point out though, that the teams they've played up till now are garbage. Miami, jets, Cleveland, and San Diego when they had their heads up their SJKs. They can be beaten and all the conditions are in our favor. We have nothing to lose, they have everything to lose in front of a home crowd with Indy next week. The O-Line should be decent this week, and letting me air it out will give us a solid chance. Don't ever forget, great defenses beat great offenses, you can run on the Pats, and the Skinz ALWAYS flourish when no one thinks they can. When we're at home and favored to win we struggle. But when we're nobodys and flying low under the radar we own. Believe Redskinz nation. Believe in me and I'll show you something special.

Posted by: Soupy | October 26, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Love it soupy!
F the pats

Posted by: nah | October 26, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Anonymous | October 26, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

To: cosmofla

Displaced skins fan living in Tampa. Good place to watch with brewery libation and good viddles would be Wild Wing Cafe on Anderson Rd just off the Veteran's Expressway. They have screens and space to stretch your legs. Look for me in the personalized away Jersey with #2 and G on the back. See Pennington wilt under pressure.

Posted by: Gregskins | October 26, 2007 2:52 PM | Report abuse