Practice Update and Registration Returns

A couple of quick updates -- one concerns fubball and the other registration.

Practice is underway and Barry Svrluga reports that Anthony Montgomery is not on the field. All others are present and accounted for. Jim Zorn will meet with reporters after practice, which is scheduled to last until 1.

Now ... remember the good ol' days of registration? Well, they're back. Blog regulars have been clamoring for this, on and off, and today is the day it returns.

To refresh your memory, before you comment, you must sign on to the Post
website using your own username and password. Once you do that, you can comment to your heart's content.

The goal, obviously, is to weed out spam posters, those simply hoping to detract from the ongoing conversation and those who freely post offensive comments.

By Cindy Boren  |  September 26, 2008; 11:13 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: This Week's Installment of "Two Jasons"
Next: Loss of Taylor Changes Redskins' Approach

Comments

Why would Anthony Mix be on the field?

Posted by: AKM | September 26, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Ahh sanity makes a return.. I like it!

Posted by: AppleScience | September 26, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Just checking exactly how this works.

Posted by: unregistered | September 26, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Suggested name change for the Washington Redskins: Gerbils, Little Rickies, Palins, GS8s, Humidity, Chubbies, Sprawl, Crawdads, Mildew, Mighty Green Anacostias, PotHoles, Assistant Deputy Directors...

Posted by: Darrell Dallas | September 26, 2008 11:13 AM

Darrell,

Suggested name change for Dallas: Choke, Jessica's Boys, cant win a playoff game, thugs R us, face lift, overated, San Quentin, romos homos (not that there is anything wrong with that), December nightmare

Posted by: Flounder | September 26, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

mix?

Posted by: dan | September 26, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Hooray, registration!

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 26, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

good question what u talking about with mix?

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 26, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Cindy,

I have changed my name can I reregister with my new name?

Posted by: Flounder | September 26, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

When is registration supposed to start?

Posted by: unregistered | September 26, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

i assume "anthony mix" is some sort of typo?

Posted by: eeyeats | September 26, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Since when does Mix play on the team?

Posted by: Flounder | September 26, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Well I guess that ends my run as always posting under my own name and being better than people wo didn't.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 26, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

oh no, they are talking about Lane Kiffin again on Vinny's show.

Posted by: Flounder | September 26, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Maybe they mean Montgomery?

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 26, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

oh no, they are talking about Lane Kiffin again on Vinny's show.

Posted by: Flounder | September 26, 2008 11:34 AM
But not Vinny, he is keeping shut.

Posted by: 35332 | September 26, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

OK, Cindy, what's your favorite charity? $50 it is.

Posted by: TMU | September 26, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Maybe they mean Montgomery?

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 26, 2008 11:35 AM

Alex,

I could see how they would get those to mixed up, I can understand a type-o but Mix does not even play for the team.

Posted by: Flounder | September 26, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Any word yet on whether Rob Jackson will be active for the weekend? If he can stay home and not overpursue like he did in the preseason, the guy has the pre-requisites to be stout against the run. Funneling Barber and Jones into the tackles/linebackers would be huge.

Posted by: AppleScience | September 26, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

By Cindy Boren | September 26, 2008; 11:13 AM ET

Wait a minute. I thought that the goal was to increase the pay of the regulars. I'm barely making ends meet on the $30,000 a year you're giving me for these posts. You promised that, with registration, you could up me to $40,000. Make it happen.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 26, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

TE - She meant 10,000 extra in bonus points - I'm sure they are in the mail

Posted by: John D in Houston | September 26, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Yep, Montgomery. My bad...trying to get my name back before registration went live...

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 26, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Bill Simmons posted the "Sports Guy Power Rankings on ESPN.com, and has our Skins ranked at #17. Here's what he had to say:

17. Washington Redskins
They just beat the Saints and Cardinals, so, um ... yeah. You know what scares me about the Redskins other than the fact Dan Snyder is a stubbier, less successful Mark Cuban? Poor Jim Zorn looks like he's wound tighter than a substitute teacher at Watts High. And it's not like a Mike Shanahan thing where it looks like he's trying to melt a referee's brain; it's more of a "Don Draper running into an old friend from the Korean war back when everyone called him Dicky" type of nervous intensity, like he's battling a complex about never having been a head coach before. If Dallas beats them by 25 this Sunday, I could see him screaming, "I'm in charge here! OK? All right? I am the one in charge!!!!!!" and losing the locker room for good. He should start drinking red wine during games. I don't see this ending well.

(The good news: When Bill Cowher takes the job, CBS will have a four-man studio show again. That's right, more air time for Shannon Sharpe! Every one of his sentences should be preceded by a dentist saying, "You should start feeling the Novocain right about now.")

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 26, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

They mentioned the single wing, anyone think we can run that with El as the deep back?

Posted by: alex35332 | September 26, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I could not get just plain Flounder so I went with the next best thing.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 26, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Yay! To review, I got my name back, mixed up Montgomery and get $50 to my favorite charity. :)
Getting my name back was a little tricky.
Whew.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 26, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Thank the sweet baby Jesus registration is back!

Any chance we still see the likes of "Sports Guru" anymore?

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 26, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Nice call Flounder

Posted by: alex35332 | September 26, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and I killed a tech guy. Like that isn't going to come back to bite me....

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 26, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I love it when Simmons underestimates us. However, he's picking us to cover this week. His wife is not. Not a good sign for us. It's normally the other way around.

Posted by: psps23 | September 26, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Hooray!!! Registration!!! I feel just like the first week in September when the kids go back to school!!!

P.S., I am an unabashed Jasno supporter and a hater of the "unfiltered" "news" coming from Ca$hburn/

Posted by: nojunk4me | September 26, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Woohoo! I'm me!

Posted by: tekman13 | September 26, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Brownwood,

I just emailed that A-Hole, what a classy guy he his way to be a unbiased reporter.

God I hope we beat the Cowboys so we can shove it in the faces of all these dumb a$$ media guys.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 26, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Steinz has some more excerpts from his interview with Theismann...

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 26, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Aha! Awesome. I'm glad registration is back. Thanks Cindy and washpo team.

Posted by: PDiddy | September 26, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

As an original regular, who still reads but doesn't post that often any more, I'd like to say thank you, sweet 8.5 pound infant baby Jeebus.

The ridiculously illogical anti-JLC morons were really hard to take.

That's what she said.

Oh and... uh... Cindy, I saw that. You killed him with a trident. You might want to lay low for a bit.

Posted by: BucktownSkinsFan | September 26, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Flounder,

When the 'Skins beat the 'Boys, the media will just be all about how Homo had a bad day and how TO wasn't bending over properly. Chris Horton will have another pick along with Smoot, and Fletcher might even get one as Homo tries to float one to Witten in the end zone from 5 yards out. They still won't give the 'Skins the respect they deserve, which honestly is fine with me. It's fun to be the team that upsets rather than the upset team.

(insert pic of Homo crying in the end zone here)

Posted by: tekman13 | September 26, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Nate was asking about Bum Phillips - we don't hear from him much around here; he used to broadcast the Oilers games, and he was just darn fun to listen to. Kind of like Sonny and Sam rolled into one person.

He sells sausage - really - and actually left the Oilers broadcast team shortly after this incident:

The other two broadcasters were doing the pre-game show. They kept wondering, on-air, where Bum was - game time was almost there, and Bum showed up, (maybe a few minutes after kick off)

Turned out, he was out on his ranch, mowing the lawn. His neighbor notices this, and wanders over and says "Hey, Bum - why aren't you at the game"

Turned out he completely forgot about the game. As I said, he left the broadcast team shortly after that. I guess he figured life was too short.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 26, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

What would happen if we reported our own self for abuse?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 26, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Well I'll miss all the Anons--er, NOT.

And I guess it's time to make a confession:

I'm Skippy, too.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 26, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Bucktown!!!!! It is like the first day of school in the fall.
(Can I buy your silence wit my PostPoints?)

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 26, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Awwww.....apparently someone can't stand being called on his mistakes.

Posted by: snotstick | September 26, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Montgomery is off for health or other reasons. His play has really plummeted as of late.

Posted by: jesuisunpizza | September 26, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Silence, that is, over that little murder thing, Bucktown, not from the blog. It's nice to have you back.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 26, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Im stuck here. Put two comments on the new thread now i cant get back...

RI purgatory?

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Hello

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Anyone>?

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Does "All others present and accounted for" include Kelly practicing? How about Heyer?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 26, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

yup, we're here

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 26, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

That's an awesome story about Bum, John. Love that dude. A national treasure. And his real first name was Oail. That is magnificent.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 26, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Flounder,

Posted by: tekman13 | September 26, 2008 11:59 AM

I'm pretty sure TO bends over improperly all the time. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 26, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

What had happened?

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I am disgusted by this fascist registration that restricts the 1st Amendment and... HAAha, whooo, I crack myself up. Anyway, talk amongst yourselves.

Posted by: Club320 | September 26, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I was trying to say 'over there' that we need to update the new/old page on the Wiki

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Wha'happened to the old new thread?

Ah, a few hiccups with these changeovers are par for the Loseable Type course. At least the blog didn't go dark -- that woulda killed us, in Dallas week... shudder...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 26, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

who took my "dealer" name?

Posted by: dealer1 | September 26, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Let's hope this gets rid of the trolls!

Posted by: will_ga | September 26, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Nate,
Very sorry about that baseball game, I ended up being gone for a while.... Family.

Posted by: Club320 | September 26, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

yeah dealer, i tried Zebra and they 'suggested' zebra4... im not 4th at anything..... I guess I coulda tried Zebraskins, but i dont throw many flags so maybe it was time to retire that old name...

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

hello?

Posted by: dealer1 | September 26, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Well I'll miss all the Anons--er, NOT.

And I guess it's time to make a confession:

I'm Skippy, too.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 26, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Don't worry, Corkie....I didn't go anywhere

Posted by: SirAnonymoustheGreat | September 26, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, it might not have been stolen. It happened to me at some point during one of the prior registrations breaks and I had to start using dlhaze1 in stead of plain old dlhaze. Luckily this time I didn't have to re-register.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 26, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Well sir, at least when know when you are the anon posting and when it was the other anon/s... if there were others....

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Well I'll miss all the Anons--er, NOT.

And I guess it's time to make a confession:

I'm Skippy, too.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 26, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

So who is pot meet kettle guy?
And whatever happened to the Truth?

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 26, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

No need to thank me, Diddy. I had nothing to do with registration.
(BTW, yogurt of choice this year is Fage greek style, plain, with frozen blueberries added.)

Posted by: CindyBoren | September 26, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I'd have to guess there are others....I tend to only post 1-2 messages a day

Posted by: SirAnonymoustheGreat | September 26, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

hello?

Posted by: dealer1 | September 26, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Well, i would post as characters from time to time... usually simpsons, fam guy or random others when we went on those longwinded tirades about ceratin subject...you know the 'theme' ones....

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

No sweat, Club 320. Good to see you back up here.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 26, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Dealer is stuck... he can post but he is not seeing it refresh... awesome

Posted by: Zeebs | September 26, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

F Dallas?

Posted by: 4-12 | September 26, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Hoping for JC to step up, especially in the pocket. If it ain't there, tuck it and run. Let's keep the pick free streak alive.

Where do Skins stand in plus minus? Just curious. Win on Sunday might throw the power rankings off a little, no?

Posted by: ksquare | September 26, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Yes, it worked!

Posted by: 4-12 | September 26, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I have a feeling the shenanigans drove a lot of folks away Nate. Sad thing is, I am normally up for some good shenanigans!

Posted by: Club320 | September 26, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

hello? is this registration?

Posted by: dealer1 | September 26, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Regimistrated?

Posted by: freakzilla | September 26, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, F Dallas!

Posted by: Club320 | September 26, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Ole! Los Caballeros son perros pequenos!

For me to poop on!

Posted by: freakzilla | September 26, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

okay...here's what's going on...i was signed in as "dealer" with an id "dealer1" but now i'm signed in as something else but my id is still "dealer1"...

cindy, you shoulda killed all of 'em

Posted by: dealer1 | September 26, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad to see the registration back. At least it'll slow down some of the rediculously inappropriate posts. I'm not a Jasno fan but this blog usually has interesting banter and I hope this will continue without the profane language some were using.

Posted by: TWISI | September 26, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Yes TWISI, But I am not gonna stop saying F DALLAS!! Come on Skins!

Posted by: Club320 | September 26, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Hey there's a post after this, but I'm not allowed to post. The only to get to it is if I go backwards in the browser.

F Loosabale type?

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 26, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Dear Santa,

I want a win over the 'Girls this Sunday. Gosh I've been so good.

Sincerely,

Nickels

Posted by: NickelsLuvsSkins | September 26, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

This isn't the old days.

It's the old new days again.

Also, chances this happened on the week of such controversy (sp?) coincidence? I think not.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 26, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

That's not a problem Club320. HTTR

Posted by: TWISI | September 26, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

BONG!

Posted by: CrappyWaiter | September 26, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Cindy... Greek yogurt? Do you have to sneak up on it from behind?

Posted by: GregBWorking | September 26, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Loadholt from Oklahoma would be the perfect replacement for Chris Samuels. Unfortunately, Samuels isn't ready to be replaced and we can't affort to use a draft pick that high on someone to groom for the LT position. Plus, we will have no better than a mid 1st round pick, so a DL pick will probably be the route we take

Posted by: SirAnonymoustheGreat | September 26, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Great news, this means Springs, Sellers, Marcus Washington, Heyer will all play. Looks like we will only be missing Taylor and Kelly. What is the deal with Kelly? How can it take him this long to return from a sprained ankle? When James Thrash returned 1 week after a high ankle sprain? This makes no sense to me, and I feel it is a bad sign about Kelly every being healthy. As always Hail to the Redskins! F Dallas!!!

Posted by: Skins28 | September 26, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

How about along with registration you register a flight out of town for JLC?

Posted by: grittar1 | September 26, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Damn , that many Stu's already. This is insanity.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 26, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

who took my "dealer" name?

Posted by: dealer1 | September 26, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Same thing that happened to my name.

Posted by: GreatOne1 | September 26, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Never underestimate the popularity of the name Stu

Posted by: SirAnonymoustheGreat | September 26, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Never seen LaCanfora on video before.

NOW I know why he and Snyder hate each other.

"We hate most in others what we see in ourselves."

Dudes could be clones, give or take a billion smackolas

Posted by: Corkczar | September 26, 2008 11:17 AM

Couldn't agree more! JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | September 26, 2008 1:19 PM

Posted by: icetotalpackage | September 26, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Also, they keep mentioning that they are "treaing" Kelly's sprained ankle....anyone know what they are doing to "treat" it? I thought all you could do was rest it and soak it in the hot tub or put ice on it......

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 26, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Ahhhhh.

Feels good to be back.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 26, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

How about along with registration you register a flight out of town for JLC?

Posted by: grittar1 | September 26, 2008 1:17 PM |

I'm sure they have, unless he's taking the bus to Dallas. Try again.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 26, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I think most of the regulars posted as anon anyway. Because some of that stuff is funny they write and they know everything about the blog (Jasno, Shabingus, Blog meet-ups, etc. etc.).......

And most of this stuff happens during the off season......

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 26, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Well, there may be lots of stus and dealers from other folks who comment on the various political blogs and such...

Lots of people down here wearing Cowboys apparel today - that's unusual for Houston - I keep muttering "F Dallas" under my breath

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 26, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

nWo 4 life

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 26, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Anyone check out that stupid ESPN page. the subtitle below the pictures of Romo and JC for picks of the weeks says " click here and weep washington faithful"

What a bunch of haters, I hope we beat them by 21

Posted by: GreatOne1 | September 26, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I could not get just plain Flounder so I went with the next best thing.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 26, 2008 11:42 AM

The next best thing would have been FiletofFlounder.

Posted by: tafka | September 26, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

How about along with registration you register a flight out of town for JLC?

Posted by: grittar1 | September 26, 2008 1:17 PM |

Just sad.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 26, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

This thing have trouble in non IE browsers for anyone else?

Posted by: alex35332 | September 26, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Stus' should really be discussing sports not politics, leave that up to the Prestons and the Thadeous's of the world.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 26, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I didn't have to re-register my handle.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 26, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

John be proud shout at those cowboy fans. and slap em in the you know what.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 26, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

And most of this stuff happens during the off season......

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 26, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

There's no doubt in my mind that many of the "regulars" posted anonymously. Yet..all we heard was that there was only one person posting all of that crap.

Posted by: SirAnonymoustheGreat | September 26, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

This thing have trouble in non IE browsers for anyone else?

Posted by: alex35332 | September 26, 2008 1:37 PM

Current version of Safari on a Mac here - no problems so far.

Posted by: tafka | September 26, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Skins-Boys upon us, headed down to Dallas;
Where Jerry loves his botox and a few Cialis.
Lando's gonna smuggle 3 TD's by air and leave them cowpokes to mutter:
"TO's poppin corn, TOny's supplyin the butter"

thanks folks, i'll be here all week. I think I hear a gong...

HTTR

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 26, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

riggins said cowboys would win 31-20 on his new sirius show...wonder what he'll say tomorrow night on george's show

Posted by: theredskin | September 26, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Running Firefox myself...weird stuff happening. Could post a couple times, then not at all 'til I shut down the browser and restarted it.

Posted by: EpsteinsMothersDoctor | September 26, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

It wont recognize my registration in Safari

Posted by: alex35332 | September 26, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Why is it when I see comments from tafka, I want to go read The Metamorphosis?

Not the real thing, just the Cliff Notes.

Posted by: daggar | September 26, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

17. Washington Redskins
They just beat the Saints and Cardinals, so, um ... yeah. You know what scares me about the Redskins other than the fact Dan Snyder is a stubbier, less successful Mark Cuban? Poor Jim Zorn looks like he's wound tighter than a substitute teacher at Watts High. And it's not like a Mike Shanahan thing in which it looks like he's trying to melt a referee's brain; it's more of a "Don Draper running into an old friend from the Korean war back when everyone called him Dicky" type of nervous intensity, like he's battling a complex about never having been a head coach before. If Dallas beats the Skins by 25 this Sunday, I could see Zorn screaming, "I'm in charge here! OK? All right? I am the one in charge!!!!!!" and losing the locker room for good. He should start drinking red wine during games. I don't see this ending well.

Posted by: SeanTizzy2DaHizzy | September 26, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Original Barno here. I'm sure this has been addressed already by the astute readers of this blog, but requiring registration the same week the beat reporter was blasted by the fans on here seems intended to mute some of those comments.

But I'm glad they went back to registration. Though I always found it amusing that there were countless comments on here by Barno-imersonators, it was getting a little old.

Hail.

Posted by: OGBarno | September 26, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Formally "Shaun"....

...so does this mean we can actaully talk write about some football for a change?

It's Dallas week, and all I have read is politics, religion, and pro/anti JLC rants.

----

I think Dallas wins this one, but I see the Redskins keeping it close. If the Skins continue to play like they have (or take it up a notch), I think they can/will beat Philly in Philly the following week.

Regarding Philly: it's amazing to me the amount of love that team has received so far this year in the media. Don't they pay attention to trends? The Eagles almost ALWAYS start strong - when McNabb is healthy and Westbrook is on the field - but they end with a whimper because you can't blitz 24/7 and be consistent on D, and they fall WAY off when McNabb inevitably gets hurt. Shoot, the guy is ALREADY hurt, and Westbrook is banged up in addition. Next, here comes the underthrown balls by McNabb, and the D giving up big plays...all the way to an 7-9 to 9-7 record.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 26, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

For future reference, if I type a comment and hit submit only to see an error page that says movable type, will the comment ever show up or do I nneed to retype it?

Posted by: will_ga | September 26, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

anyone kno whats going on with the website...earlier i saw new postings by jlc...and now they arent showing up...

Posted by: jasonma1 | September 26, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Will. 50/50 in my experience. may as well refresh first and check and then resubmit

Posted by: alex35332 | September 26, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Hail.

Posted by: OGBarno | September 26, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Don't worry, Barno. Most (I won't say all) of the Barno impersonations represented you very well.

Posted by: SirAnonymoustheGreat | September 26, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Actually, Barno, while you make a well placed point, registration (or re-registration, or registration part deux) has been pending for several weeks now, though the timing is interesting, I'd suspect it was coincidental.

I also suspect that the WAPO.com probably enjoyed the shabingus, being as it increased the number of hits on the site by a lot...

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 26, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

bebeeep

Posted by: alex35332 | September 26, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Guess i'm the only one down here, see if it works

Posted by: Tappahannock | September 26, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Testing comments

Posted by: Jon DeNunzio | September 26, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

F Dallas!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 26, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

i'm still here all you JLC nad riders

Go Skins!