Pre-game reading list

It's here.

Tonight they'll finally take the field. But you've still got some time to kill, so here's your reading assignment, while you wait for 8 p.m. to roll around.

Ever wonder what makes Mike Shanahan tick? Sally Jenkins explains

You have your own rituals in the days leading up to the game, but check out how the entire organization prepares for Dallas Week.

What was Dan Snyder doing when the McNabb trade went down? (Plus, who might the team have acquired if they couldn't get McNabb?)

On his Hard Hits blog, Lavar Arrington dissects the key matchups in tonight's game.

Coming to Washington could really help Donovan McNabb's brand -- but not as much as a Super Bowl ring would..

Expect big-time passing numbers again this year from the league's quarterbacks.

Eight Dallas Morning News writers pick the Cowboys. One picks the Redskins.

Michael Irvin's criticisms inspire Roy Williams.

Tony Romo has a major hole in his resume.

Guessing the Cowboys' inactives.

By Rick Maese  |  September 12, 2010; 8:28 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Larry Johnson looking forward to Redskins-Cowboys rivalry
Next: Tony Romo was among those surprised by Donovan McNabb trade

Comments

It is time for me to prove my worth. My fans will love me!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Hey Poopy.

Dude, you can talk good football sometimes, and some of your humor is funny, but you're beating a dead horse's DNA when you go on and on about body functions. Give it a break, and consider a truce, one I'd gladly accept. I'm sure the other posters would rather talk football with us than read our arguments. Besides, it's time to join together as Redskin fans and kick some Cowboy ass. HTTR !

guarantee

Posted by: hessone | September 12, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

One of those links says we would have made a run at Marc Bulger had we not gotten McNabb. Win, lose, or draw getting McNabb spared us that potential disaster...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 12, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Finally, got my picks in, all chores are done, everything is set up for non stop NFL. Hand me that remote, give me my yellow and red flags, and tee that mofo up. I'm ready for some football.

Q) What the hell are you doing up so early on a Sunday morning Hess ?

I'll answer that one for ih8.

A) Prepin to kick some Cowboy's ass !

HTTR !

Posted by: hessone | September 12, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 12, 2010 9:00 AM |

That's an easy co-sign brown.

Can't say Bulger has done a thing except look like a starting back up QB. Damn, wish it was a 1:00p game for us today. It'll be a long day. Thankful I've got my picks to keep things interesting till game time.

Posted by: hessone | September 12, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Hey beep beep. Game day is finally here. Where have you been, it's been me against the trolls the last few day's. I could've used a little back up you know.

Posted by: hessone | September 12, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

OK I read all these. What else ya got?

Posted by: Pepper5 | September 12, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Great job on the links, Maese!

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 12, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse